PDA

View Full Version : Thou Shalt Not Pass!!! - Bug Report

chig88
20-07-2015, 20:56
Hi guys, could a dev please have a look at the vid below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgNAsnCR3cc

Was racing in a league race (22 laps, Sonoma, Caper Monterey Stockcar, T300RS wheel) this evening & encountered this bug.

As you can see the car stopped dead & the game seemed to kick me to a replay camera for a split second. My wheel started spinning like crazy & when the camera put me back into the car I'd lost all FFB. As you can see I just had to get out of the way & quit the race :(. Once I'd pressed quit the wheel weight went immediately back to normal. I'm almost certain that this isn't the T300 overheating issue because the internal fan wasn't even running at max.

I went straight into a practice session (didn't unplug the wheel or restart the game, same track, same car) to test the wheel & it was working perfectly again. I then ran in our 2nd league race (12 laps, Bathurst) without any problems.

Let me know if any further info is needed.

P.S. I've also encountered another intermittent problem (in both multiplayer & single player) where the game will just randomly kick me to the PS4 main menu (as if I had pressed PS) while driving. It seems to beat completely random times so I haven't been able to reproduce it.

ImStylinOnYaBro
20-07-2015, 21:03
dang. all the laps i've done around sonoma and i've never seen that!

wyldanimal
20-07-2015, 23:07
they call it a landmine bug, I guess because it seems like you drove over something that makes your car stop dead and blow apart.
just like this one at 14:00 in the video..
my Screen when to the pause Screen, when I resume, and then No FFB at all, and very sensitive steering...
Fresh non-warmed tires, and full fuel.

not sure what causes it, but it happens on lots of different tracks.

https://youtu.be/UlYB05a_nrg?t=13m50s

chig88
21-07-2015, 07:56
If it is a landmine bug then at least it's a known issue. Any devs know if this can be fixed or is it a difficult one?

Damn annoying - was on for my best result in the Championship :mad:

Katilla
21-07-2015, 08:41
Hi guys, could a dev please have a look at the vid below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgNAsnCR3cc,......

+1
I also
came out
this is the same!

IronMask75
21-07-2015, 21:36
Was racing in a league race (22 laps, Sonoma, Caper Monterey Stockcar, T300RS wheel) this evening & encountered this bug.

As you can see the car stopped dead & the game seemed to kick me to a replay camera for a split second. My wheel started spinning like crazy & when the camera put me back into the car I'd lost all FFB. As you can see I just had to get out of the way & quit the race :(. Once I'd pressed quit the wheel weight went immediately back to normal. I'm almost certain that this isn't the T300 overheating issue because the internal fan wasn't even running at max.

P.S. I've also encountered another intermittent problem (in both multiplayer & single player) where the game will just randomly kick me to the PS4 main menu (as if I had pressed PS) while driving. It seems to beat completely random times so I haven't been able to reproduce it.

1. My friend EMGonzo has a video of this exact bug, but driving the RUF GT3 car at Oulton park. As he crested the rise on the straight and turned for the slight left his car seemed to hit an invisible obstacle and jumped into the air and over the pit wall. After that, every time he tried to exit the pits his car would hit another invisible object in the exit lane and flip onto its roof.

2. I've also personally experienced your other bug, where the PS4 will dump to the XMB randomly. It's happened twice now.

3. Friend has encountered a bug where he starts a race with NO FFB.

4. I have a bug where my PS4 goes into Rest Mode then reboots, or Rest Mode then power off, when I have my wheel plugged into the USB.

We both have T300 RS wheels.