PDA

View Full Version : Audi Ruapuna Park Track Expansion now available!

Rob Prange
21-07-2015, 17:11
Today, Project CARS continues its programme of continual updates and fresh content delivery today with its first Track Expansion featuring New Zealand’s Ruapuna Park circuit and three iconic Audi racing cars.

For more information, check out the frontpage story:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/audi-ruapuna-park-track-expansion-now-available

Azure Flare
21-07-2015, 17:14
Drove on this a couple of days ago. Very fun track.

tyl3r99
21-07-2015, 17:17
does the Audi quattro race car be in the same class as the ford capri and bmw 320 turbo?
as that class needs more variety :)

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 17:20
does the Audi quattro race car be in the same class as the ford capri and bmw 320 turbo?

Nope, Trans-am, with the glorious Mustang :D

Azure Flare
21-07-2015, 17:29
Still not on the US PSN store. Most likely gonna have to wait until tomorrow before it'll be availiable.

Veevee
21-07-2015, 17:37
Thank you for abandoning Project Cars 1, SMS. This has been the best abandonment I have ever seen

And this track looks like a ton of fun. Excellent choice for the first DLC track.

Racer Pro
21-07-2015, 17:38
Still not on the US PSN store. Most likely gonna have to wait until tomorrow before it'll be availiable.
i hope not :(

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 17:38
Thank you for abandoning Project Cars 1, SMS. This has been the best abandonment I have ever seen

And this track looks like a ton of fun. Excellent choice for the first DLC track.

Don't worry, they will keep abandoning you every month... :D:D

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 17:41

Strange thing is when I log in the PSN store and start typing RUAPUNA on the search the pack appears briefly and than vanishes. I think it's gonna be like the Racing Icons, but I hope not. You guys deserve the same level of awesomeness that we have :D:D

Azure Flare
21-07-2015, 17:48
Whoops.

JoeDogs
21-07-2015, 17:54
Thank you for cheap and awesome DLC !! Audi R8 LMP is a dream to drive :victorious: ProjectCars reminds me more and more about GTR2. Physics and realism. LIKE

Remy1986
21-07-2015, 18:03
Track is a blast, and the Audi 90 is a beast. The only thing is the R18 doesn't sound quite right to me. Still a blast to drive. Haven't tried the A1 yet.

Goresh
21-07-2015, 18:07
Can one assume North America won't see this DLC till next week now?

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 18:12
Can one assume North America won't see this DLC till next week now?

Don't think so, psn is a little behind but it will come up today or tomorrow tops.

Goresh
21-07-2015, 18:20
While I do appreciate your reply, something more official from SMS would be appreciated more.

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 18:22
While I do appreciate your reply, something more official from SMS would be appreciated more.

SMS had no longer control of that dlc, they submit it and the retailers decide when release it. I know it's it in stone markets for ps4,all markets for steam and xbox 1

moving-target
21-07-2015, 18:31
Does anyone know if any of the content will be usable in career mode? Otherwise i gonna skip this DLC...

ykiki
21-07-2015, 18:34

It's like all things with PSN - when the store updates, the store updates - and it'll likely be available at that time. It's always been that way since the PS Store debuted on the PS3 many years ago (except that it changed from Thursday to Tuesday a few years back). Patience is the name of the game when dealing with the PS Store, especially in N.America.

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 18:42
Does anyone know if any of the content will be usable in career mode? Otherwise i gonna skip this DLC...

Not yet

Racer Pro
21-07-2015, 18:48
the f1 2015 is out on psn now but not the Ruapuna DLC.

kobra29
21-07-2015, 18:57
It's too expensive

Andain
21-07-2015, 18:57
Hello. Disappointed realism in the new addition. At Audi R18 e tron quattro really cut the maximum speed on straight Le Mans and northern loop above 284 km / h does not accelerate, in a slip streamers 290-295 km / h speed limit, although really at Le Mans 2014 car accelerates to 330km / h, but and tests of the pack it too dispersed in Le Mans almost 330km / h, not to mention the fact that the developers themselves have indicated a maximum speed of 338 km / h.

Azure Flare
21-07-2015, 19:07
The one modeled is more likely the sprint race downforce package, so of course it's not quite as quick in a straight line. You'll find that it's faster than the RWD and Marek P1 cars.

It's too expensive

Don't know where you live, but it's $5.49 in the states. If you can't afford that, you probably shouldn't be playing video games.

Knightfall
21-07-2015, 19:21
Thank you Ian, and the SMS crew.

Here in Chicago, I have downloaded both the free car and the DLC pack. 5.49.... You guys have bar none THE BEST PRICES on your DLC relative to the content. Hats off, and thanks!

jack1984
21-07-2015, 19:25
I enjoy the GP and Club layouts, but the short layouts like A and B Circuit add little to no value in my opinion. Anyone here that is really enjoying these layouts? Maybe primarily suitable for karts?

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 19:27
I enjoy the GP and Club layouts, but the short layouts like A and B Circuit add little to no value in my opinion. Anyone here that is really enjoying these layouts? Maybe primarily suitable for karts?

Formula Gulf is awesome on both.

nissan4ever
21-07-2015, 19:44
I will buy all DLC for this game :)

Sparkie84
21-07-2015, 19:51
Anyone else having these issues with this latest DLC release?

amazed
21-07-2015, 19:59
Sparkie, what format?

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 20:00
Anyone else having these issues with this latest DLC release?

Someone said in another thread, few weeks ago, to disable or reduce grass detail.

Sparkie84
21-07-2015, 20:10
Sparkie, what format?

PC Version.

Someone said in another thread, few weeks ago, to disable or reduce grass detail.

Thanks, that solved the grass issue but I still have the white blur/glare showing. Looks like its from the 'showroom'/car selection menu!?

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 20:12
PC Version.

Thanks, that solved the grass issue but I still have the white blur/glare showing. Looks like its from the 'showroom'/car selection menu!?

I'm trying to find one thread with the exact same problem, not DLC related though.

Edit: Found it http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34581-SOLVED-White-blotches-on-screen&highlight=white

NutsMammoth
21-07-2015, 20:17
The Audi 90 IMSA GTO is great (not tested the other cars yet). The Ruapuna Park track seems to be the Holy Land for rammers.
There are larges spaces around the track so they push you out of the track without hesitation.
I raced on Ruapuna Park GP and I hallucinated while trying to stay on the track. Almost everyone was ramming everyone.
This track can be great but recommened to race in private lobbies (leagues, friends...), this will be very hard to find a clean lobby (well much like all tracks).
Otherwise this DLC is very interesting and cheap.

Sparkie84
21-07-2015, 20:19
I'm trying to find one thread with the exact same problem, not DLC related though.

Edit: Found it http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34581-SOLVED-White-blotches-on-screen&highlight=white

Turning off bloom seems to have done the trick, thank you for your help. Bit of a strange one - both issues were only affecting the new DLC cars. Worth re-posting in help/support, or will anyone spot it in here if its not being looked at already?

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 20:29
I think you should PM a moderator to ask that, they will know better.

Sankyo
21-07-2015, 20:39
Turning off bloom seems to have done the trick, thank you for your help. Bit of a strange one - both issues were only affecting the new DLC cars. Worth re-posting in help/support, or will anyone spot it in here if its not being looked at already?

I'll report this to the devs, sounds like a bug.

x ImJakeyy
21-07-2015, 21:05
Apparently not available on the US PSN store yet :(

Comment left on my video, so I can't check myself

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 21:07
I'll report this to the devs, sounds like a bug.

Would you be kind and report:

Random Audi 90 livery missing, just a full red color.
No backfire on the Audi 90
Some pages missing from the Audi R8 LMP900 motec
MOdified Car Pack DLC and Liimited Edition DLC keeps installing every time the Xbox one is turned on.

MrLiister
21-07-2015, 21:17
Pure magic this DLC, thank you all at SMS! The Ruapuna Park GP is an absolute blast, had the best race in all my 300+ hours of PCARS tonight on this track with the Clio Cup, just brilliant.

Knightfall
21-07-2015, 21:21
Apparently not available on the US PSN store yet :(

Comment left on my video, so I can't check myself

Yes it is. I found it by going to search and searching "Audi" which pulled up both the track dlc and the free car dlc. Hope this helps!

MrSniperPhil
21-07-2015, 21:25
I personally had the Grass issue as well (it was a lot wore though), first when I tried The Audi A1 on one of the UK-Tracks (i don't remember).
2nd time was on the new track with the IMSA GTO.

For me, just exiting, choosing another combo, load that up and exit and switch back worked fine.
So it is just the first time and just with a few combos for me.

thegt500
21-07-2015, 21:29

Three little words :
Audi A1 Quattro

Nice and challenging if you want to be sensible, total blast if you act like a Hoonigan :cool:
Poor XR Summer tyres didn't know what hit them, set to around 2.5 bar they were red in no time and the drifts were so controllable.

Mr Schumacher
21-07-2015, 22:49
I was misled.. Correct me if I'm wrong.. But weren't we suppose to get 12 tracks including different locations and ovals? All we got is 5 variants of one location..

I have to admit.. I like the track.. The Cars are ok..

TheReaper GT
21-07-2015, 22:51
I was misled.. Correct me if I'm wrong.. But weren't we suppose to get 12 tracks including different locations and ovals? All we got is 5 variants of one location..

Not in one DLC

Mr Schumacher
21-07-2015, 22:51
How do we get a pole started.. Let's vote on tracks..

Convexrook
21-07-2015, 22:55
Today, Project CARS continues its programme of continual updates and fresh content delivery today with its first Track Expansion featuring New Zealand’s Ruapuna Park circuit and three iconic Audi racing cars.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/audi-ruapuna-park-track-expansion-now-available

I thought these content were going to be free, why charge so much and why don't we have a season pass to alleviate wasting so much money. Or maybe its all about the money?

x ImJakeyy
21-07-2015, 22:55

Nope, 12 Locations over all the DLCs.

This is 1 Location, plenty more to come when you think Oval's, Historic and more.

diesel97
21-07-2015, 23:10
I thought these content were going to be free, why charge so much and why don't we have a season pass to alleviate wasting so much money. Or maybe its all about the money?

you dont have to buy it so it is saving you money,can you post a link were all this stuff was supposed to be free

bmanic
21-07-2015, 23:11

6 euros is now suddenly a lot? There's tons of art work, physics simulation and other man hours spent on this DLC and you want to complain about 6 euros?

TassyDevil
21-07-2015, 23:27
It's too expensive
Obviously you are joking aren't you?
Try iRacing for example, the track would cost you approx. $15AU and the cars about $13AU each.

Thanks SMS for this DLC, a good variety of cars and 5 layouts of fast flowing track from NZ.:D

NEPALII
22-07-2015, 00:58
Is the livery pack #2 included with this DLC or is it already in game with patch 2.5?

TheReaper GT
22-07-2015, 01:01
Is the livery pack #2 included with this DLC or is it already in game with patch 2.5?

Steam install it for you.

If someone has doubts about Ruapuna, that's what the fuz is all about, door to door touring action. Take the Clios for a ride, it's crazy fun:

NEPALII
22-07-2015, 01:14
Thank you for the response. Time to buy the DLC now! :)

Pink_650S
22-07-2015, 01:19
Its a very nice track for cup racing.
Now all we need is more cup cars :D

CopperySinger5
22-07-2015, 01:22
Im pretty sure this dlc was constructed with the game. Just put out ahead of bug fixes. Actually, I never seen a game put out dlc before fixing major bugs and glitches (ps4). It would be sad if they invested in devs to build DLC content while major game bugs still exist. I decline on this content until update 3.0 comes out to fix the FA inconsistent AI, game crashes,tire heating, controller problems, locked lobby races (Drive button), unsaved tuning, Pit strategy glitches, car improvements to match simulator quality, and many more fixes. I also think It should be free for people who are still suffering from all these game bugs since launch.

Pink_650S
22-07-2015, 01:28
Tbh l dont see the problem.
YES! We know the game has issues.
YES! SMS are working on those.
YES! It can be frustrating.
YES! Good, fresh and low-priced content can help people get through the pain.
GIVE! The team a few more months and then judge again.

PS: l dont know why l did the GIVE! thing :rolleyes-new:

MillsLayne
22-07-2015, 01:35
Holy hell, this track is fun! I'm still probably enjoying the "A" layout the most with the Clios or the historic touring cars, as there's a ton of beating and banging going on. Great stuff!

2stains
22-07-2015, 01:37
6 euros is now suddenly a lot? There's tons of art work, physics simulation and other man hours spent on this DLC and you want to complain about 6 euros? But when you pay $60 for the whole game 30+tracks and how many cars . $9 for 3 cars and 1 track is expensive. On those amounts the game should cost $400 +

TheReaper GT
22-07-2015, 01:41
But when you pay $60 for the whole game 30+tracks and how many cars . $9 for 3 cars and 1 track is expensive. On those amounts the game should cost $400 +

I've never had so much for so little money. Three cars seems nothing, but they are three AWESOME cars, not that crap they pull in other games dlcs. And I'm not talking about the racing genre, I'm talking about the whole industry... The Racing Icons is another example, five amazing crafted cars for a good price.

2stains
22-07-2015, 01:46
I've never had so much for so little money. Three cars seems nothing, but they are three AWESOME cars, not that crap they pull in other games dlcs. And I'm not talking about the racing genre, I'm talking about the whole industry... The Racing Icons is another example, five amazing crafted cars for a good price. I'm not saying they are bad cars but all together all DLC is going to cost $200 + . That's getting a bit ridiculous.

jason
22-07-2015, 01:47
Tbh l dont see the problem. I don't see the problem either.
YES! We know the game has issues. The game has massive amounts of issues
YES! SMS are working on those. There should not have been so many prior to release , we appreciate the work but the bugs just keep coming.
YES! It can be frustrating. Frustrating for some of the people is a understatement , some are not even able to play ... e.g online and so on.
YES! Good, fresh and low-priced content can help people get through the pain. Give back to the community that has supported something that isn't any ware near a complete product.
GIVE! The team a few more months and then judge again. I am willing to do this but it is growing old , a few more months , some have been waiting 2 months already .... 6 months it should be ok?

PS: l dont know why l did the GIVE! thing :rolleyes-new:

Pink I Understand its a good game , I agree but it is well far from complete :( its unfortunate . and yes $200 is ridiculous .

resmania
22-07-2015, 02:11
I'm not saying they are bad cars but all together all DLC is going to cost $200 + . That's getting a bit ridiculous.

You don't have to buy all the DLCs you know...
Also you can drive DLC cars online if host have a DLC.

pCARS isn't the only game that sells DLC and this game delivers high quality DLC with low price. I don't see any problem there.
Just... think about other racing sims (iRacing, R3E......) ;) ;)

Pink_650S
22-07-2015, 02:42
Pink I Understand its a good game , I agree but it is well far from complete :( its unfortunate . and yes $200 is ridiculous .

You're a funny guy.
On one day you praise the game and the devs, and on another day you're the complete opposite.
Why is that?

What does it help to complain everyday, l'm wondering.
All we can do is to have trust in the team.
They know very well how this industry works and what happens when you, as a developer, waste your customers' trust.
So l'm certain the team knows whats at stake, they only want to give us the best product they can.

I encounter numerous bugs every week, but l dont come to point them out, because l dont think the devs get more motivated to improve their game, the more moaning and complaining they read.

Just my opinion, though.

Ever listened to the Dragon Age Inquisition Theme? Freaking awesome!

jason
22-07-2015, 02:48
It vents frustration , feels good.

Sorry bud , not moaning or complaining , just stating the obvious. Oh and its not often that I praise the dev's , it happens just not very often and It's not in a over the top way like some here.

Some of you guys just don't like to hear it and that's fine.

We are quite the opposite aren't we Pink , you have your head up there buts and I don't :)

Just my opinion, though.

Pink_650S
22-07-2015, 02:51
Sorry bud , not moaning or complaining , just stating the obvious. Oh and its not often that I praise the dev's , it happens just not very often and It's not in a over the top way like some here.

Some of you guys just don't to hear it and that's fine.

Okay, you completely ignored my first question and quoted me wrong.
Welcome to the internet, l guess.

321Respawn
22-07-2015, 04:05
Can't believe the moaning about something you don't have to buy.
In Pcars if the host loads up Ruapana you can race on it for FREE .Other games like say CoD host loads a map you don't have its bye bye for you .
Host forces all same car and picks DLC cars you don't have well you can race those to .
The team making the DLC are not the same people that work on AI and physics etc so why whine about bugs and DLC in the same sentence ?They are unrelated .
You can pick and choose the DLC you want so it can be as expensive or as cheap as you want .And the price of this dlc is cheap .

wyldanimal
22-07-2015, 05:13
I'm not saying they are bad cars but all together all DLC is going to cost $200 + . That's getting a bit ridiculous.

Exactly this: Pick and buy only what you want...

Can't believe the moaning about something you don't have to buy.
In Pcars if the host loads up Ruapana you can race on it for FREE .Other games like say CoD host loads a map you don't have its bye bye for you .
Host forces all same car and picks DLC cars you don't have well you can race those to .
The team making the DLC are not the same people that work on AI and physics etc so why whine about bugs and DLC in the same sentence ?They are unrelated .
You can pick and choose the DLC you want so it can be as expensive or as cheap as you want .And the price of this dlc is cheap .

Holy hell, this track is fun! I'm still probably enjoying the "A" layout the most with the Clios or the historic touring cars, as there's a ton of beating and banging going on. Great stuff!

Yes, It's great Fun too with the July Free DLC Audi A1 Quattro
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/project-cars-free-car-2-(audi-a1-quattro)/cid=UP0700-CUSA01338_00-0000000FREECAR02

and don't forget the Free Livery pack 2
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/project-cars-liveries-pack-2/cid=UP0700-CUSA01338_00-000000LIVERIES02

Pink_650S
22-07-2015, 05:15
We are quite the opposite aren't we Pink , you have your head up there buts and I don't :)

Indeed we are.
I can discuss and use arguments to prove my points, whereas you cant, so your only option is to insult me.

jason
22-07-2015, 05:28
Truth hurts bud , sorry.

What points did you prove ? Absolutely nothing .

Anyway I will leave this here bud as I'm sure we will but heads again . Looking forward to it .:couple_inlove:

Chevi
22-07-2015, 05:48

Could someone tell me how to unlock the new career events (Bronze):

Ruapuna LMP 900 Showdown
Ruapuna Trans AM Challenge
Audi Ruapuna Track Challenge

I am still in career mode to complete all available Championships und invitationals

Sankyo
22-07-2015, 06:09
Im pretty sure this dlc was constructed with the game. Just put out ahead of bug fixes. Actually, I never seen a game put out dlc before fixing major bugs and glitches (ps4). It would be sad if they invested in devs to build DLC content while major game bugs still exist. I decline on this content until update 3.0 comes out to fix the FA inconsistent AI, game crashes,tire heating, controller problems, locked lobby races (Drive button), unsaved tuning, Pit strategy glitches, car improvements to match simulator quality, and many more fixes. I also think It should be free for people who are still suffering from all these game bugs since launch.
The devs that fix bugs are not the same devs that make new content. Having devs sitting around doing nothing until all bugs have been fixed and only then start making things so the new content will be available much later would be rather silly, especially since the majority of the players are enjoying the game very much right now so new content is welcomed already. Like not putting plants and flowers in your garden until the plumber fixed your drain.

I'm wondering how many more times this needs to be repeated before everyone gets it.

weerufus
22-07-2015, 06:09

Had a race on the i think it was the B circuit(one with hairpin & esses section) last in in RUF GT car.

Track was an absolute blast, apart from the short run to hairpin there doesnt seem to be any straight, great fun- give it a go

MysterG
22-07-2015, 06:13
Truth hurts bud , sorry.

What points did you prove ? Absolutely nothing .

Anyway I will leave this here bud as I'm sure we will but heads again . Looking forward to it .:couple_inlove:

Final warning. Your argumentative and insulting tone is not what this forum needs.

weerufus
22-07-2015, 06:24
I've never had so much for so little money. Three cars seems nothing, but they are three AWESOME cars, not that crap they pull in other games dlcs. And I'm not talking about the racing genre, I'm talking about the whole industry... The Racing Icons is another example, five amazing crafted cars for a good price.

Exactly, thats one of the (many) things i love about this game.

Remember reading a quote from Ian Bell, something along the lines of lots of tracks & some well selected cars, I was never a fan of forza's "1000 cars & only 2 tracks" philosophy
Who needs 27 different types of Skyline anyway?? A small DLC of excellent cars with no fillers is the way to go.

I think the track selection throughout the whole game is also spot on, I was slightly disappointed when I watched a youtube video of Ruapuna whilst at work the night it appeared on time trial, it just looked flat & boring, BUT after just a few laps the wisdom of the developers became apparent, its an absolute peach of a track.

Marrrfooo
22-07-2015, 07:38
Exactly, thats one of the (many) things i love about this game.

Remember reading a quote from Ian Bell, something along the lines of lots of tracks & some well selected cars, I was never a fan of forza's "1000 cars & only 2 tracks" philosophy
Who needs 27 different types of Skyline anyway?? A small DLC of excellent cars with no fillers is the way to go.

I think the track selection throughout the whole game is also spot on, I was slightly disappointed when I watched a youtube video of Ruapuna whilst at work the night it appeared on time trial, it just looked flat & boring, BUT after just a few laps the wisdom of the developers became apparent, its an absolute peach of a track.

I actually think one of the largest 'wins' is the move away from a Season Pass. At first that's weird, because in a game like this, and on the basis of the DLC that's come so far, I'd quite happily pick up a Pass.

However, because you (as a developer/SMS) rely on putting out DLC that can only be bought individually, it means that the lesser quality the DLC the less uptake there is (and the less commercial value it makes).

With a Season Pass you can essentially feed 1-2 juicy packs of DLC and then let the (drive for) quality drop off and churn out mixed quality. Those that bought Season Passes have already handed over their money and those that haven't might still pick it up or leave it - but you've made overall more money because a Season Pass plays into the completionist psyche a lot of gamers (and anyone who enjoys a hobbie!) have. A lot of people struggle at the thought of not having everything for a game they love...

Additionally, as Ian and the team mentioned post-launch, a Season Pass normally requires a fair level of identification of what's coming for your Pass (unless you're an IP with a near-cult level of dedicated followers (see: CoD/BF) who will buy Passes almost irrespective of what they're promised). By moving away from the that, the cuffs come off.

And lastly, because the community is actually still so strong for PCARS - despite the mentalist fringe that turn up in almost every thread at least once (they help the rest of us stay grounded/rational) - there's open debate and potential guidance for what gets put into the latter DLC sets.

How is that not a win? Sure, we'd all love it for free, but then the game wouldn't exist if there was no money spent by players.

MillsLayne
22-07-2015, 07:55
Had a race on the i think it was the B circuit(one with hairpin & esses section) last in in RUF GT car.

Track was an absolute blast, apart from the short run to hairpin there doesnt seem to be any straight, great fun- give it a go

I love how these layouts have that "short track" feel to them. Definitely NOT for the fragile race cars.

jack1984
22-07-2015, 08:20
And lastly, because the community is actually still so strong for PCARS - despite the mentalist fringe that turn up in almost every thread at least once (they help the rest of us stay grounded/rational) - there's open debate and potential guidance for what gets put into the latter DLC sets.

I especially hope that this part comes alive, because it was the main reason that a season pack was dropped and the extra content was called 'On Demand'. So I don't hope that most of the content is already decided and partly developed by SMS. People post here great suggestions for new cars and vote for new tracks (Zandvoort and Interlagos seem popular. Yeah!). Does someone know if there is some sort of procedure by which new content will be incorporated in the game? Do the devs look at requests on this forum? Or are our posts mainly wishful thinking? :rolleyes:

NemethR
22-07-2015, 08:38
I just want to say, that this DLC, and the 1st one also are the way to go.

They are cheap, and will give us lots of fun for our money.

The cars are superb, the sounds are awesome, and Ruapuna...
Ohh, how I love that. It will not be my favorite track (that is Zolder) but definately one of those I will race a lot on.
Its beautiful, fun to drive, and challenging.
Did not think, that it will make it into Project Cars.

On the same note, I know you are working on tracks like Indianapolis, and Daytona, that would be very welcome additions to the game,
but I think these not-so-well known racetracks might be the way to go.
The licences should be cheap, and they are great racetracks.

So thank you again guys for a nice DLC, can't wait for the next one.

Ixoye56
22-07-2015, 08:39
The Ruapuna track is good and fun to drive, but the cars are nothing that make me excited to drive personally.

MillsLayne
22-07-2015, 08:43
The Ruapuna track is good and fun to drive, but the cars are nothing that make me excited.

The more current Audis don't really do much for me, but that IMSA GTO is a MONSTER and an absolute blast to drive. Plus, that chirping during gear changes is lovely. haha

Blackvault
22-07-2015, 08:45
On the same note, I know you are working on tracks like Indianapolis, and Daytona, that would be very welcome additions to the game,

I had not even heard of the track until the build thread on WMD. It is great to see lesser known tracks, including Dubai feature in the game!

Pete

Ixoye56
22-07-2015, 09:10
The more current Audis don't really do much for me, but that IMSA GTO is a MONSTER and an absolute blast to drive. Plus, that chirping during gear changes is lovely. haha

Yes the IMSA GTO is the best in the pack, I will increase the turbo pressure and give it a chance again ;)

Chevi
22-07-2015, 09:13
Yes the IMSA GTO is the best in the pack, I'll give it a chance again ;)

Ok, but how to use in Career Mode? How to unlock these special Audi and Ruapuna Events?

Ralph B
22-07-2015, 09:20

Funny - if you buy a real car you can purchase a good mid-class car for about 30000€. which has everything you need to drive. But if you want several more gimmicks, leather equippement or tuning kits with wide tires and stronger engines you have to pay as well. So your former 30000€ Standart car can easily cost double or more. Are you complaining about that, too?

When it comes to computer games, people expect everything for free. Sorry, for my opinion you got a complete game for your money with tons of cars and track (ok, not talking about still present bugs - but that's an completely different topic). DLC contend is something additional, and thinking just because some privat modders have been so generous to offer free content for other games, this must be the standart for a commercial producer as well is simply wrong. No one is forced to buy and not having it doesn't limit the functionality of the original game.
I think the price for pCars DLC content is fair enough and who can't affort it - sorry, not the problem of SMS. If you want caviar and champagne instead of bread and mineral-water you have to pay the higher prize as well and can't complain, that you can't affort it and it must be cheaper for all or even free of costs!

Stephen Viljoen
22-07-2015, 09:22
Here's a summary breakdown of the DLC content.

(Rob, feel free to update the first post with this also).

Project CARS - Audi Ruapuna Raceway Expansion – Content Overview

Tracks

* Ruapuna GP
* Ruapuna Outer Loop
* Ruapuna Club
* Ruapuna A Circuit
* Ruapuna B Circuit

Vehicles

Free Car
* Audi A1 Quattro

DLC Package
* Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
* Audi R8 LMP900
* 1989 Audi 90 IMSA GTO

Liveries

Six real-world liveries for the "Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 DTM":
* AMG Mercedes #3
* AMG Mercedes #4
* AMG Mercedes #5
* AMG Mercedes #6
* Mass-Schons Racing #11
* Mass-Schons Racing #12

Four new Community-created liveries:
* Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3: PCARS Community France #19
* Caterham SP300/R: Carbon Cast #37
* Oreca 03 LMP2: Decksbern Motorsport #125
* Ford Escort Mk1 RS1600: Rusty Barn Find #37

Career

Three new invitational events:

Audi Ruapuna Track Challenge - A two-round series open to any Audi vehicle
Date - May 3rd
Location – Round one: Ruapuna Park A Circuit. Round two: Ruapuna Park Outer Loop
Unlock Criteria - Complete 22 career podium finishes

Ruapuna LMP900 Showdown – A single-round race open to any LMP900 class vehicle
Date - July 29th
Location – Ruapuna Park GP
Unlock Criteria - Complete 24 career podium finishes

Ruapuna Trans-Am Challenge – A single-round race open to any Trans-Am class vehicle
Date - Oct 22nd
Location – Ruapuna Park Club
Unlock Criteria - Complete 26 career podium finishes

jaymondo
22-07-2015, 09:34
Its an issue with the latest AMD drivers, though they are fine for everything else. Suggest a roll back until PCars fix the issue. Not really a big deal.

jaymondo
22-07-2015, 09:37
Does the Audi R18 e-tron Quattro deploy its ERS power to the front wheels like the real thing ?

Elmo
22-07-2015, 09:39
Does the Audi R18 e-tron Quattro deploy its ERS power to the front wheels like the real thing ?

Yes :)

KkDrummer
22-07-2015, 09:46
Thanks for that! it is great to see new invitationals added to career mode! =]

chig88
22-07-2015, 10:11
I just want to say, that this DLC, and the 1st one also are the way to go.

They are cheap, and will give us lots of fun for our money.

The cars are superb, the sounds are awesome, and Ruapuna...
Ohh, how I love that. It will not be my favorite track (that is Zolder) but definately one of those I will race a lot on.
Its beautiful, fun to drive, and challenging.
Did not think, that it will make it into Project Cars.

So thank you again guys for a nice DLC, can't wait for the next one.

Agree about the tracks. There are a few in this game that I've never seen in other games & they've quickly become some of my favourites. So far I haven't been spending much time on the tracks that you tend to get with most games (Spa, Nord, Monaco, Barcelona etc). Not to say that I don't love those tracks, but it's nice to get to know new corners & slowly improve your times.

N0body Of The Goat
22-07-2015, 10:33
Its an issue with the latest AMD drivers, though they are fine for everything else. Suggest a roll back until PCars fix the issue. Not really a big deal.

What is an issue?

Wibble, wobble, vartch, helicopter. :p

Bruusie
22-07-2015, 12:38
The devs that fix bugs are not the same devs that make new content. Having devs sitting around doing nothing until all bugs have been fixed and only then start making things so the new content will be available much later would be rather silly, especially since the majority of the players are enjoying the game very much right now so new content is welcomed already. Like not putting plants and flowers in your garden until the plumber fixed your drain.

I'm wondering how many more times this needs to be repeated before everyone gets it.
Interesting analogy, however, if the plumber was taking 2 months to fix the drain I would forego the flowers and spend the money on another plumber or at least some extra help! Although I guess a few pretty flowers scattered around helps to hide the crap that keeps gushing out of the drain. (another analogy there if you want) ;)

neil3646
22-07-2015, 13:03
I've earned well over 26 career podium finishes, since installing the dlc yesterday, and haven't been offered any of the 3 new invitational events

Chevi
22-07-2015, 14:12
I've earned well over 26 career podium finishes, since installing the dlc yesterday, and haven't been offered any of the 3 new invitational events

The same problem: I`ve earned a lot of career podium finishes as well (25 since yesterday, more than 150 total), but could not unlock any of the new invitational events. Does that mean that everyone who has earned more than 26 podiums (that means the rest of the world) before installing the DLC is not able to trigger the invitationals? :hurt:

Does that mean, that we have to start an new savegame :livid: in order to break the 22/24/26 Limits? Start from the beginning and loose all unlocked invitationals and championships, more than 200 hours of career mode races for... nothing? :mad:

Sankyo
22-07-2015, 14:49
Interesting analogy, however, if the plumber was taking 2 months to fix the drain I would forego the flowers and spend the money on another plumber or at least some extra help! Although I guess a few pretty flowers scattered around helps to hide the crap that keeps gushing out of the drain. (another analogy there if you want) ;)
Bad analogy, since what people are suggesting is that the gardener starts helping the plumber which won't do much apart from the garden not improving.

ermo
22-07-2015, 16:23

Great news! :yes:

P.S. I think there might be one 'today' too many both in the above quote and on the front page? :)

P.P.S. It should probably be "Comprised of five unique layouts" not "Comprising of five unique layouts"?

P.P.P.S. I believe it is 'premiere', not 'premier' in "Comprised of five unique layouts, Ruapuna Park International Raceway is New Zealand's premiere motor racing facility, (...)"

cluck
22-07-2015, 16:28
P.P.S. It should probably be "Comprised of five different layouts" not "Comprising of five different layouts"?Just lose the 'of' and it's OK - "Comprising five different layouts" :)

Stephen Viljoen
22-07-2015, 16:34
The same problem: I`ve earned a lot of career podium finishes as well (25 since yesterday, more than 150 total), but could not unlock any of the new invitational events. Does that mean that everyone who has earned more than 26 podiums (that means the rest of the world) before installing the DLC is not able to trigger the invitationals? :hurt:

Does that mean, that we have to start an new savegame :livid: in order to break the 22/24/26 Limits? Start from the beginning and loose all unlocked invitationals and championships, more than 200 hours of career mode races for... nothing? :mad:

We're looking into this guys, will let you know when we have info. But no, you shouldn't be required to start a new savegame.

Slowsley
22-07-2015, 16:46
25 podiums in 1 day?! Karts or something?

Stephen Viljoen
22-07-2015, 16:50

Can you guys please check in your Driver Network Profile, under Career>Invitationals, if these three invitationals are showing there or if it's still showing "Earn 22/24/26 Podiums" hint?

John Hargreaves
22-07-2015, 16:54

I know that plumber, he did some work on my bathroom. Turns out he‘s no good at coding videogames.

macto
22-07-2015, 16:59
Can you guys please check in your Driver Network Profile, under Career>Invitationals, if these three invitationals are showing there or if it's still showing "Earn 22/24/26 Podiums" hint?

I have 3 career saves - 2 with everything completed that I can do (2 & 4 Team Championship Wins still locked due to the glitch) and using these 2 saves I cannot do the new content. However with a relatively new 3rd career, I was able to do these 3 new events without unlocking anything - they were there straight away on my calendar.

neil3646
22-07-2015, 17:05

@Stephen Viljoen

They are all still showing the hints

I have 1 career save with everything completed that I can do (2 & 4 Team Championship Wins still locked due to the glitch) and I cannot do the new content

ceeece
22-07-2015, 17:06
I've been a Forza enthusiast since Forza 2. And I never once bought a season pass or a single DLC from Forza cause I couldn't justify spending $ on hit and miss content. I would "buy" the free content though. However, I like Slightly Mad's philosophy in their DLC releases and I've bought everything so far. The quality of cars (and tracks) is superb! Looking forward to spending much more on Project Cars!

Wacky-Racer
22-07-2015, 17:16
Thumbs up again sms, this pack is another awesome addition, to a highly polished game. Thank you.

Chevi
22-07-2015, 17:29

It is still showing "Verdiene 22/24/26 mal einen Karrierplatz auf dem Siegerpodest" which means "Earn 22/24/26 Podiums". The 3 Invitationals are not yet showing there.

But I can see them in "Auszeichnungen" (gold-silver-bronze) in Bronze, last row. They are dark grey like every event that is not yet won.

The boysclub
22-07-2015, 17:47
I just download the dlc - Nice track and i enjoy to race with the Audi's :D

milliotseb
22-07-2015, 18:31

I have two saves. One started on release day (I am in season 5 currently) and even if I have a lot of podiums, the 3 invitationals are not unlocked > still show "earn 24 podiums". I have a new save but I am only in season 2 and I guess I know I have less than 26 podiums on this one.But I also got 2 new invitationals unlocked on my first career (the two one linked to the RUF GT3 I guess)

Since DLC update, my career stats appear to be wrong. Profile say that I spend 246 hours in single player and only 4 hours in career > wrong as I did 5 career season. Also historal objectives are not correct anymore (they say that I have not completed any season)

mcscott
22-07-2015, 18:51
Looks good, when can we expect to see it on the XB1?

TheReaper GT
22-07-2015, 18:56
Looks good, when can we expect to see it on the XB1?

What? The pack? it's on the store :D

mcscott
22-07-2015, 19:26

O_o Not for me it isn't. Will try restarting the console and see if it shows up then.

TheReaper GT
22-07-2015, 19:28
O_o Not for me it isn't. Will try restarting the console and see if it shows up then.

strange, try the phone app or website.

mcscott
22-07-2015, 19:32

Ah ok it showed up when I reset the console. Cheers :)

TheReaper GT
22-07-2015, 19:32
Ah ok it showed up when I reset the console. Cheers :)

Enjoy bro, the A90 is gonna blow your mind :D:D

fallfromgrace
22-07-2015, 22:48

Same problem for me. No invitation for the three new events. I'm seeing "Earn 22/24/26 Career Podiums" under Career>Invitationals, even though I have more than 26 podiums during my career.

poirqc
23-07-2015, 01:44
I find it really cool of SMS to let us play with cars and tracks, on Multiplayer, when i didn't buy them! :) It's cool way to test them!

TheReaper GT
23-07-2015, 01:49
I find it really cool of SMS to let us play with cars and tracks, on Multiplayer, when i didn't buy them! :) It's cool way to test them!

And the most important, they don't brake your fun. You're in a good lobby with nice people, the host selected a dlc item and you're not kicked for not having it [looking at you Activision]!!!

Butzemann
23-07-2015, 04:06

Yes thats true, the class Group 4 & 5 (known also as DRM) needs more variety, but not with the IMSA Audi. I would think of cars like:

Porsche 935
Porsche 935 K3
Lancia Beta
Toyota Celica

moeder_theresa
23-07-2015, 06:21
Same problem for me. No invitation for the three new events. I'm seeing "Earn 22/24/26 Career Podiums" under Career>Invitationals, even though I have more than 26 podiums during my career.

I have the same problem! No Ruapuna invitationals and still no team championship unlocks. :-(

mjemec11
23-07-2015, 07:19

I have the same problem! No Ruapuna invitationals and still no team championship unlocks. :-(

Same. Save file created on launch day currently in season 9 and they haven't unlocked along with 2&4 team championships, which is still bugged. Hopefully these issues are sorted soon, because I don't want to start a new career just do unlock glitched invitation events.

Seps1974
23-07-2015, 08:09

Same here.

satco1066
23-07-2015, 11:37

your analogy is weak. If the plumber takes 2 month, there is no need for finished bricklayer, carpenter, floorlayer and all the other guys to stay behind the plumber , instead of working on their new projects. They cannot help him.

Wacky-Racer
23-07-2015, 13:59
I've been a Forza enthusiast since Forza 2. And I never once bought a season pass or a single DLC from Forza cause I couldn't justify spending $ on hit and miss content. I would "buy" the free content though. However, I like Slightly Mad's philosophy in their DLC releases and I've bought everything so far. The quality of cars (and tracks) is superb! Looking forward to spending much more on Project Cars!

Thanks for this post, its just reminded me to install the free livery packs. Nice one.

bc525
23-07-2015, 14:11
I have to say, the two DLC packs that I’ve purchased (Racing Icons and Audi Ruapuna) have been awesome additions to PCARS. Additional racing cars are usually going to be welcome additions, but SMS have really chosen wisely the cars that they’re adding. Great to see the LMP 900 class filling out nicely, and the Audi 90 IMSA GTO looks like it’ll match up well on the track with the Trans-Am Mustang.

That Audi 90 GTO is quickly becoming one of my favorite cars in the game. Well done SMS, and keep up the great work.

Chevi
23-07-2015, 14:45
Same. Save file created on launch day currently in season 9 and they haven't unlocked along with 2&4 team championships, which is still bugged. Hopefully these issues are sorted soon, because I don't want to start a new career just do unlock glitched invitation events.

Can anybody tell us a release date for an update to fix the problems (team Championships counter, and unlock the new DLC-invitationals)? Please... :sorrow:

Stephen Viljoen
23-07-2015, 14:56
We will as soon as we can reproduce it locally. So far we haven't been able to, and all items unlock as they should.

If any of you guys are experiencing this on PC, could you please attach your save game (zipped, to a post in this thread)?

macto
23-07-2015, 15:42
We will as soon as we can reproduce it locally. So far we haven't been able to, and all items unlock as they should.

If any of you guys are experiencing this on PC, could you please attach your save game (zipped, to a post in this thread)?

The new DLC unlocked straight away for me on a newish career, however on 2 older careers with everything complete, it didn't. Have you been able to reproduce the 2 & 4 Team Championships Invitation not unlocking either? I'm really hoping I can get everything complete on the next patch.

Anyway, I've attached my game save for you to have a look.

crowtrobot
23-07-2015, 15:43

I am seeing this issue with a savegame started day 1 of the public release. The Lemans 24 Hr Inivitational has been unlocked (which I believe requires 30 podiums), yet the DLC events still list the requirements and are locked. Will post my save file later.

mjemec11
23-07-2015, 16:20

I can send you my PS4 save game data if it could be of any help.

Elmo
23-07-2015, 16:39
I can send you my PS4 save game data if it could be of any help.

Yes please. Upload it somewhere and post the link here or PM it to me.

Thanks.

ImStylinOnYaBro
23-07-2015, 19:37
loving this expansion so far. in the future for expansions, not just car packs, i think it'd be nice to have a few more trophies w/ the pack.

macto
23-07-2015, 19:44
Maybe it would be a good idea to have some kind of progress bar for unlockables so at least you can see if they're being counted. At the moment I am re-doing loads of races on my main career to see if I can get it to unlock and while I'm having fun doing this, I've got a piece of paper at the side of me marking each podium - but I won't know until I get to the minimum number before I find out if it's worked.

Maybe down the line features will be added that take ages to do - for example; unlock custom livery for finishing 500 online races, be pretty annoying to find out it had not even counted one.

mjemec11
23-07-2015, 20:16
Yes please. Upload it somewhere and post the link here or PM it to me.

Thanks.
Sent via PM.

macto
23-07-2015, 20:21
Something like this would please me :)

mjemec11
23-07-2015, 20:34
That would be sah-weet!

macto
23-07-2015, 21:43
Right, just done 22 career podiums after the DLC was released - it didn't work.

Roger Lee
23-07-2015, 21:59
Some of the class designations for the last two DLC packs are messed up. When driving a Ford Mustang Cobra and having "same class" selected, the Audi 90 GTO's will not join the race. If driving the GTO, you will be the ONLY GTO in a full field of Ford Cobra's. So apparently the GTO "Trans-AM" designation is bugged.

The Bentley Speed 8 is also messed up as only ONE shows up in a LMP 900 race when set to "same class" (while driving the BMW).

Elmo, could you pass this along to the guys working on the patch? I'm sure it's a five minute fix. I brought the issue up in the WMD forum after the first DLC was released and of course, there is no confirmation that anyone saw it. I have more bugs to report and now I have ZERO idea where to post them.

Scuderia Paul
23-07-2015, 23:07
AUDI R18 E-TRON QUATTRO LIVERY ERROR
During my extensive racing with the Audi R18 e-tron quattro I discovered the following error in it's livery.

There is a duplicate Castrol logo which appears to have been mirrored from the other side of the car. It should have Edge for Castrol Edge.

yusupov
23-07-2015, 23:17
Some of the class designations for the last two DLC packs are messed up. When driving a Ford Mustang Cobra and having "same class" selected, the Audi 90 GTO's will not join the race. If driving the GTO, you will be the ONLY GTO in a full field of Ford Cobra's. So apparently the GTO "Trans-AM" designation is bugged.

The Bentley Speed 8 is also messed up as only ONE shows up in a LMP 900 race when set to "same class" (while driving the BMW).

Elmo, could you pass this along to the guys working on the patch? I'm sure it's a five minute fix. I brought the issue up in the WMD forum after the first DLC was released and of course, there is no confirmation that anyone saw it. I have more bugs to report and now I have ZERO idea where to post them.

speaking off class-related stuff, shouldnt 'multi-class' with LMP include GT cars? sorry if thats a known issue/problem but it sucks, i really wanted to go out on lemans and feel like god but instead there were a bunch of AI in similar cars. you can still draft off them etc but its not the same as when youre watching on TV and an LMP1 just blows by a GTE car like its standing still.

ChrisK
24-07-2015, 02:00
The Audi 90 is badass. I love it....this seems to me to be more suited to the bmw 320 group 5 class though ? The rest of the cars are pretty meh.

The track...I don't know. Not sold yet. It's not yielding much good racing from the few tries I've had. The inside corner ripple strips severely disrupt the car and passing is quite difficult with guys that are running similar pace to you. I can't see it being a regular on our calendar.

I admit I'm not up to date with the going rate on dlc, but $9 seems a bit much for one track and a handful of cars, only one of which is significantly different to the cars we already have. If the track was a genuine marquee track like the Melbourne GP, Suzuka, Interlagos etc I think it presents as at least better value.

TheReaper GT
24-07-2015, 02:05
$9? I've paid 5,49.

Umer Ahmad
24-07-2015, 02:49
Yup $5.49 is what i paid yesterday

ChrisK
24-07-2015, 03:19
I'm in Australia. It's $8.25 here given exchange rate

x ImJakeyy
24-07-2015, 03:20
$9? I've paid 5,49.

Yup $5.49 is what i paid yesterday

He might not be on about USD, more AUD (Australian), last I heard AUD was almost double USD for game stuff.

Edit: Ninja'd by the man himself :p

jason
24-07-2015, 03:28
same I'm in Australia. It's $8.25 here given exchange rate

ChrisK
24-07-2015, 03:32
To be clear, I'm not against paid dlc at all. But that price to me seems too high for only 1 regional track.

TassyDevil
24-07-2015, 04:21
To be clear, I'm not against paid dlc at all. But that price to me seems too high for only 1 regional track.
As I have said earlier in this thread try iRacing for example, the track would cost you approx. $15AU and the cars about $13AU each.
I was happy to pay $8.25AU for the DLC :D

Furters
24-07-2015, 04:22

Debate about value aside, weird that I paid less for it than you guys did. Was only NZD7.95 for me which is just over a dollar cheaper than the aussie price, once exchange rate is considered. I'm guessing PSN sets the final price.

crowtrobot
24-07-2015, 04:24
Here is my save file with the Raupuna DLC events still locked:

ImStylinOnYaBro
24-07-2015, 04:35
genius. on hte gp circuit the hairpin you come too i had a run and passed the guy. ofc , heaven forbid someone lets you pass cleanly. the prick smashes into me corner exit and i barely go 4 wheels off the grass and am rewarded w/ not only losing the lead, but a bogus 5 second penalty.

jason
24-07-2015, 05:12
As I have said earlier in this thread try iRacing for example, the track would cost you approx. $15AU and the cars about $13AU each.
I was happy to pay $8.25AU for the DLC :D

Iracing is giving you a completely different service ........ I don't think the 2 are comparable.

Iracing gives you a good multiplayer experience in a controlled environment with a good set of rules in place ...... With of cause the monthly subscription

seb02
24-07-2015, 10:00
It's the same for the AUdi R18 E-tron Quattro, she 's not present usually in LMP1

Paulpg87
24-07-2015, 10:47

If this can help a friend has just bought the DLC and invitational events are still unlocked even if he is in season 42 (with off course a lot of podiums). He is on ps4.

I can also add from my experience that i'm still unable (always on ps4) to unlock 2&4 championship invitational and 175 career laps invitational (even if i unlocked 500 and 1000 laps). I'll try to upload the save.

Best regards
Have a nice week-end

seb02
24-07-2015, 14:13
Hello,

I don't understand why the Audi 90 IMSA GTO is in the Trans-Am Class ? It's very different of the Ford, we can't race with. It seems like a Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evolution DTM no ?
Thanks

medse87
24-07-2015, 15:29
The Audi is way faster than the 190E. They are completely different. So, the best match for the Audi in the game is the Mustang. But irl the Audi was in the GTO class in 1989 in the USA competing against Corvettes, Fairladys and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di6F0VAHDcY

I think in 88 Audi had a car in the TransAm class with the Audi 200, but was banned after dominating the season. Same happened 89 in the IMSA series.

So, I haven't compared the Audi 90 and the Mustang. I hope you can have some good races in MP with them.

TheReaper GT
24-07-2015, 16:28
The Audi is way faster than the 190E. They are completely different. So, the best match for the Audi in the game is the Mustang. But irl the Audi was in the GTO class in 1989 in the USA competing against Corvettes, Fairladys and more.

I think in 88 Audi had a car in the TransAm class with the Audi 200, but was banned after dominating the season. Same happened 89 in the IMSA series.

So, I haven't compared the Audi 90 and the Mustang. I hope you can have some good races in MP with them.

But the gto class was filed with silhouette cars like the audi, the Racing spec cars were in the gtu class. I saw an interview of Hans Stuck, he said the 200 was a good car but a little unsafe and unstable and that the A90 solved the problem.

medse87
24-07-2015, 16:52
I don't see your point Reaper. Did I say something wrong? Where are the racing spec cars coming from you are mentioning. I just wanted to make clear that the 190E isn't even near the Audi 90. Or is the Mustang a racing spec car? I don't really know that car.

TheReaper GT
24-07-2015, 16:55
I don't see your point Reaper. Did I say something wrong? Where are the racing spec cars coming from you are mentioning. I just wanted to make clear that the 190E isn't even near the Audi 90. Or is the Mustang a racing spec car? I don't really know that car.

Not at all, i'm just complementing your post...

Feentje
24-07-2015, 18:15
Maybe it is normal for the Audi 90 GTO, but the 'high clicking' sound on upshift and downshifts... is it correct that on upshifts you only hear this on high rpms (red) and on breaking without downshifting as well? It's strange that as soon as I hit the brakes, you get the clicking sound without even having to downshift?

Edit: did some research and it is the sound the turbo is making. :D

ChrisK
25-07-2015, 00:16
It's the blow off valve and it's normal.

We ran the Audi with the mustang yesterday at a few tracks and the mustang seems to be well out of its league against the Audi. It kind of begs the question...how much thought is going into these classes and the relative speed differences ? Maybe the mustang needs a more deft hand at tuning. The dtm merc is also in the same class as the 320 gr5. How does that work ?

Althougnim loving the Audi 90, I wonder about its longer term viability. You only get one livery and there isn't much competition in the class so basically the whole field is running not only identical cars but identical looks. It's going to get boring I think.

My opinion of this $8.25 DLC is it's about a 5/10 and I don't recommend people buy it.

TheReaper GT
25-07-2015, 00:18
About the Audi, back in the day, it was out of reach, the car joined the league and simply won all races, if with rain, lapping the third place, it was ridiculous. Hahaha

Alan Dallas
25-07-2015, 07:11

The Audi 200 did not get banned after the 88' season in Trans-Am I can assure you. I've watched Trans-Am like a hawk since the early 80's. Yes they won the manufacturer's championship that season but it wasn't a complete domination. Won 7 out of 13 races. Audi left Trans-Am to enter a GT class car in IMSA(using the same drivers with a new car aka Audi 90) because 1988 was the last year of the GT era in Trans-Am. GT racing was more popular in IMSA. 1989 saw a whole new alignment of classes in Trans-Am using only America Manufactures that would last until the 2000 season started.

The Audi 90 also was not banned from IMSA, Audi only wanted one season to prove the concept of using Quattro in road racing then they shifted focus to running in DTM Group A with the Audi V8 quattro in 1990-1992.

ChrisK
25-07-2015, 08:24
The Audi 200 did not get banned after the 88' season in Trans-Am I can assure you. I've watched Trans-Am like a hawk since the early 80's. Yes they won the manufacturer's championship that season but it wasn't a complete domination. Won 7 out of 13 races. Audi left Trans-Am to enter a GT class car in IMSA(using the same drivers with a new car aka Audi 90) because 1988 was the last year of the GT era in Trans-Am. GT racing was more popular in IMSA. 1989 saw a whole new alignment of classes in Trans-Am using only America Manufactures that would last until the 2000 season started.

The Audi 90 also was not banned from IMSA, Audi only wanted one season to prove the concept of using Quattro in road racing then they shifted focus to running in DTM Group A with the Audi V8 quattro in 1990-1992.

Like a hawk ? lol

They won 8 of 13. The next closet manufacturer won 2. 3 other manufactures won 1 each. I'd say that's a completly dominant performance by any measure. And while they may not have been literally banned as in; "Audi are now banned", the rules were changed so significantly to make sure that foreign manufacturers never dominated again....so in effect...they were banned by design. This is a very similar technique used by CAMS in Australia to get rid of the Nissan GT-R.

Umer Ahmad
25-07-2015, 10:28
I'll have to dig up the article from my Racer magazine but I'm pretty sure Trans-Am banned AWD after that season so that forced Audi to move to IMSA. The Audis destoyed the Trans-Am field, going around the RWD opponents on the outside in the marbles! They could take nearly whatever line they wanted.

I'll try to scan the article or at least a portion of it and post here later

medse87
25-07-2015, 11:00
Ok, maybe not banned. But they changed the rules to prevent Audi from taking part again with their 4WD concept. Maybe not the nicest thing to do, but who wants to see one manufacturer dominate.

I really like the Audi 90, and the R8 LMP900. The track is nice too. So, I can recommend buying the DLC.

I'd love to see that article.

Dirty076
25-07-2015, 12:26
Bought it, finished everything else (apart from the defective accolades but the audi events do not appear.
Another waste of money......

yusupov
25-07-2015, 12:37
i think you might be completely missing the point of racing sims.

Dirty076
25-07-2015, 12:47
So paying for DLC, meeting the criteria set and not being able to ise the DLC makes me leas enthousiastic about racing sims.
Don't see that link mate

yusupov
25-07-2015, 12:48
you didn't buy events, you bought cars and a track

Dirty076
25-07-2015, 12:54
Here's a summary breakdown of the DLC content.

(Rob, feel free to update the first post with this also).

Project CARS - Audi Ruapuna Raceway Expansion – Content Overview

Tracks

* Ruapuna GP
* Ruapuna Outer Loop
* Ruapuna Club
* Ruapuna A Circuit
* Ruapuna B Circuit

Vehicles

Free Car
* Audi A1 Quattro

DLC Package
* Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
* Audi R8 LMP900
* 1989 Audi 90 IMSA GTO

Liveries

Six real-world liveries for the "Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 DTM":
* AMG Mercedes #3
* AMG Mercedes #4
* AMG Mercedes #5
* AMG Mercedes #6
* Mass-Schons Racing #11
* Mass-Schons Racing #12

Four new Community-created liveries:
* Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3: PCARS Community France #19
* Caterham SP300/R: Carbon Cast #37
* Oreca 03 LMP2: Decksbern Motorsport #125
* Ford Escort Mk1 RS1600: Rusty Barn Find #37

Career

Three new invitational events:

Name: DLC_Audi_Ruapuna_TrackChallenge.jpg
Views: 360
Size: 36.7 KB
Audi Ruapuna Track Challenge - A two-round series open to any Audi vehicle
Date - May 3rd
Location – Round one: Ruapuna Park A Circuit. Round two: Ruapuna Park Outer Loop
Unlock Criteria - Complete 22 career podium finishes

Name: DLC_Ruapuna_LMP900_Showdown.jpg
Views: 357
Size: 43.2 KB
Ruapuna LMP900 Showdown – A single-round race open to any LMP900 class vehicle
Date - July 29th
Location – Ruapuna Park GP
Unlock Criteria - Complete 24 career podium finishe

Dirty076
25-07-2015, 12:55
Check the career box,
These do not show

WarlordBR
25-07-2015, 23:07
Quote Originally Posted by neil3646 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Chevi View Post
The same problem: I`ve earned a lot of career podium finishes as well (25 since yesterday, more than 150 total), but could not unlock any of the new invitational events. Does that mean that everyone who has earned more than 26 podiums (that means the rest of the world) before installing the DLC is not able to trigger the invitationals?

Does that mean, that we have to start an new savegame in order to break the 22/24/26 Limits? Start from the beginning and loose all unlocked invitationals and championships, more than 200 hours of career mode races for... nothing?

Same problem here...46th season and haven't unlock the invitations... But I tryed in my other profile and the invitation unlock after earned 22 podiums. In new peofiles it works. Do I need restart all races?? Its not fair. I won all races an now I nees restart my carrer??? What's wrong???

Paulpg87
26-07-2015, 17:13
Hi,
i would like to report that also for me DLC invitational events are not unlocking on PS4 into career mode. I already have tons of podiums as i'm in season 9 and won a championship in all the tiers.
Considering that i've paid for the DLC i would like to play all the content is in it. Is that possible?
Can you help me in solving this?
Thanks
Best regards

rickyy
27-07-2015, 14:39
Whoaaa...
Audi R8 and Audi R18. Now we're talking about legendary multiple Le Mans winners. I like that :)

Chevi
27-07-2015, 16:22
Hi,
i would like to report that also for me DLC invitational events are not unlocking on PS4 into career mode. I already have tons of podiums as i'm in season 9 and won a championship in all the tiers.
Considering that i've paid for the DLC i would like to play all the content is in it. Is that possible?
Can you help me in solving this?
Thanks
Best regards

Any solution? Bugfix Update?

Paulpg87
27-07-2015, 18:26
Here an image. Hope to get a fix soon. I'm uploading now my savedata in order to help sorting this out for everyone.
However among friends, 3 out 3 can't play the DLC on ps4. Just saying it might not be just my issue
(highlighted in red, bottom of the image.. they are in italian and they state achieve 22 podiums and so on..)
Thanks
Best regards

WarlordBR
27-07-2015, 21:32
I deleted my profile and started a new one.... and Ruapuna challenges are ok now.....waiting for 175 laps to see what will happens..
Thanks to SMS for nothing...

Mattze
27-07-2015, 21:54
DLCs are a good addition to extend long-term motivation, but it's useless, if it isn't integrated correctly. When I promise included career events for DLCs, it should be in there without having to delete the savegame first. Please improve this, otherwise DLCs are no longer worthwhile for me.

WarlordBR
28-07-2015, 01:39
Now, in my new savegame, with ruapuna tracks unlocked, McLaren F1 Track Masters 3 HR Trophy is unlocked. I'm with 287 career laps. "Complete 175 Career Laps" still there locked but i have the invitation in the career mode. So i can play the event even if still locked in the menu
So, or I play without Ruapuna challenges or with "175 career laps" locked....

P.S. - 2 and 4 team championship still locked yet.

No one has anything to say?

macto
28-07-2015, 13:31
I'm just waiting for the next patch to see if there's a fix for the 2 & 4 Team Championships before I kick off :)

Chevi
01-08-2015, 08:58
Any solution? Bugfix Update?

Again: Any solution? Bugfix update for career mode? Does anybody care about? When can we play the DLC-contents we payed for?

Paulpg87
01-08-2015, 09:21
Again: Any solution? Bugfix update for career mode? Does anybody care about? When can we play the DLC-contents we payed for?

i sent them my PS4 savedata and their are investigating. Surely it will take time.
hopefully they will fix it cause i paid for the DLC and not being able to play a part of it (making impossibile to complete the career 100% , you have to delete and start again to unlock them) is annoying,ě.
best regards

Elmo
01-08-2015, 20:45
The next patch should resolve this issue.

moeder_theresa
02-08-2015, 06:47
I hope everything will be solved in career. The DLC intergrated and the 2 and 4 team championship problem.
Don't get me wrong, I love this game. But those 2 things are a no go for me.
And maybe some more new contracts in career? For example, I didn't get one for BMW and only one for RUF.

Chevi
02-08-2015, 10:58
The next patch should resolve this issue.

Thank you :)

Fanatest
02-08-2015, 15:23
Is there a reason SMS gave the Audi 90 IMSA a 5 speed gear box?

Other titles give it a 6 speed manual gear box, the specs of the car describe a manual 6 speed gearbox and according other game publishers it has a 6 speed gear box?

Why the discrepancy?

bghorn55
02-08-2015, 19:59
Why the discrepancy?

Because rules allowed 5 gears. Whilst gearbox had 6 gears, one gear was disabled to comply with the rules.

yusupov
02-08-2015, 20:11
what other titles? its 5 speed in raceroom too

rayh271
03-08-2015, 19:51
any time frame when nxt patch is due......to fix bothh 2 and 4 team champioship invitations....along with the new audi dlc invitations also.......??????????

Dean2
04-08-2015, 03:12
I hope there gonna be some sort of changes how this car and track pack is
Integrated into career then to have the lmps Audi and Bentley only available on a track day at ruapuna !I don't know
But I seriously doubt this track was designed to race lmp !
Great fit for gt4 and slower but lmp mmmm!
Maybe make a own tier with proper championship for them and on suitable tracks

TheReaper GT
04-08-2015, 03:24
I hope there gonna be some sort of changes how this car and track pack is
Integrated into career then to have the lmps Audi and Bentley only available on a track day at ruapuna !I don't know
But I seriously doubt this track was designed to race lmp !
Great fit for gt4 and slower but lmp mmmm!
Maybe make a own tier with proper championship for them and on suitable tracks

You can race any car in any track you want, even in kart tracks

Dean2
04-08-2015, 03:29
You can race any car in any track you want, even in kart tracks

I do know that but I'm talking about career mode !
I know I can drive em at quick race or practice anywhere !

BetoRenno
05-08-2015, 13:14
Dear Stephen,
I am an XBOX One user, bought ans installed the Audi expansion pack but I am facing problems to reach the 3 ruapuna challenges. I am preety sure I got more than 30 podium finishes after installed the expansion pack but the unlock criteria does not work.
I have read many messages about this issue but I am not sure about the right answer.
Could you please clarify this issue to me? What do I need to fulfill in other to get the game fully operational.
Many thanks for your attention... Waiting your promtp reply.
Regards,
Carlos (GT: BetoRenno)

falm
05-08-2015, 13:39
Dear Stephen,
I am an XBOX One user, bought ans installed the Audi expansion pack but I am facing problems to reach the 3 ruapuna challenges. I am preety sure I got more than 30 podium finishes after installed the expansion pack but the unlock criteria does not work.
I have read many messages about this issue but I am not sure about the right answer.
Could you please clarify this issue to me? What do I need to fulfill in other to get the game fully operational.
Regards,

Dear Carlos, you have to wait at least for the next patch. Issue is known and a fix will be released.

BR Markus

ChelseaOilman
05-08-2015, 13:40
Dear Stephen,
Regards,

I believe the answer to your question is in post #183.

BetoRenno
05-08-2015, 13:41
Thanks... I hope to get this quickly...

AB_Attack
09-08-2015, 14:02
What does the Community Liveries Pack #2 (DTM) look like? I'm not sure I got them. The only liveries I have are the really basic ones.

Pink_650S
09-08-2015, 14:07
What does the Community Liveries Pack #2 (DTM) look like? I'm not sure I got them. The only liveries I have are the really basic ones.

Its the 190 E DTM.

AB_Attack
09-08-2015, 14:13
Its the 190 E DTM.

Right. Just realised. The disappointment :(

TECH_SMITH
26-09-2015, 14:34
So Cool

Stewy32
01-10-2016, 19:35
I love the R8 LMP900 and the R18 etron quatro but haven't tried the other Audi next.