PDA

View Full Version : Lots of fun on my first online race

RowJimmyRow
23-07-2015, 11:31
Hi did my first online race last night and it was awesome. Eight laps at Oulton in GT4-GT5. When I entered the lobby it gave me a BMW and I haven't driven any of the GT4s so I figured 'why not?'. Not the best idea, but I think I managed. I bumped one dude from behind going into the last corner, but other than that I managed not to ruin anybody else's race (I think?). I also managed to not leave the track except for some sloppy exits taking me wide, no spinouts. Ended 6/12 on the scoreboard. Does that mean there were actually 6 people behind me, or do the people who quit still show up? In any case, at least I finished. And I know I saw some headlights behind me, so I wasn't last. I am currently taking the opposite approach to Ricky Bobby's: If your not last, you win.

I guess my point is that, even for beginners, fun can be had in open online play. Thats not the impression you get from several posts on this forum, so I thought I would throw it out there for other beginners.

Thanks PCars!

MrFlibble81
23-07-2015, 11:57
Makes a change to see a post that has good things to say about the online play, most of the posts about online is about rammers!

But yeah finishing 6/12 means there was 6 people behind you. If people quit then they disappear completely.

Glad you had fun though bud! There's lots of fun to be had online, especially if you find a good lobby.

NutsMammoth
23-07-2015, 15:06
It's because you raced in GT4/GT5 and not in GT3 ;)
GT3 has more success than GT4/GT5 (check in the Online Lobby).
It seems that lot of rammers prefer the GT3 instead the GT4/GT5 (not enough fast for them :D).
I often prefer to race in GT4/GT5 because the races are more pleasant, clean drivers and less rammers :)

Murt
24-07-2015, 01:53
Well done Jimmy. Always good having people on who enjoy the game and some good racing. I'm sure as you get more time under your belt you'll be winning some races in no time

lifeofbrian
25-07-2015, 14:35
I want to see a post from you in a months time, to see how your online experience is going. My first race in PCARS was good clean fun, but it's the 90% of races since then that have been the problem.

Hi did my first online race last night and it was awesome. Eight laps at Oulton in GT4-GT5. When I entered the lobby it gave me a BMW and I haven't driven any of the GT4s so I figured 'why not?'. Not the best idea, but I think I managed. I bumped one dude from behind going into the last corner, but other than that I managed not to ruin anybody else's race (I think?). I also managed to not leave the track except for some sloppy exits taking me wide, no spinouts. Ended 6/12 on the scoreboard. Does that mean there were actually 6 people behind me, or do the people who quit still show up? In any case, at least I finished. And I know I saw some headlights behind me, so I wasn't last. I am currently taking the opposite approach to Ricky Bobby's: If your not last, you win.

I guess my point is that, even for beginners, fun can be had in open online play. Thats not the impression you get from several posts on this forum, so I thought I would throw it out there for other beginners.

Thanks PCars!