PDA

View Full Version : Car radar, hud option : Suggestion.

Redslayer
23-07-2015, 17:27
Since unlike in real life, you can't look in your mirrors or out the side naturally (with a controller it's a bit easier than with a wheel, and some mirrors in cars are more easily viewed than others.) It'd be nice to have a car radar, similar to the NASCAR games of late.

And with oval DLC in the pipeline, it could become even more useful over here at Pcars. Of course some people won't want it, so it should be a toggleable option of course. But it will make close racing without the ability to look around, much better. And it will be a great option for those who simply don't have very good awareness, allowing them to race more closely with people without wrecking them. (Maybe resulting in people being pushed out into the dirt, happening less often lol)

Here is a screenshot with the radar at the bottom.

http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/gamespot/images/2011/093/reviews/1686523-609593_20110404_001.jpg

It's one of those things I think almost all racing games could benefit from. At least until everyone owns a VR headset :P

Flaw3dGenius
23-07-2015, 17:33
That would be great and if not possible indicators like AC would do.

Spitfire77
23-07-2015, 17:47
Yeah there was a thread with discussion about indicators, virtual side mirrors, or radio spotters.. for people like me who race on console and trying to keep the FOV closer to real, some help is needed. I tried using the dpad for looking left and right but I get disoriented and it ends up making things worse when approaching a braking zone.

An indicator or radar would really help.. something small that could be repositioned or disabled using the hud configuration would be a very nice addition.

- Found the thread - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23627-Impossible-to-see-the-cars-beside-you!

Redslayer
23-07-2015, 18:04
Yeah there was a thread with discussion about indicators, virtual side mirrors, or radio spotters.. for people like me who race on console and trying to keep the FOV closer to real, some help is needed. I tried using the dpad for looking left and right but I get disoriented and it ends up making things worse when approaching a braking zone.

An indicator or radar would really help.. something small that could be repositioned or disabled using the hud configuration would be a very nice addition.

- Found the thread - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23627-Impossible-to-see-the-cars-beside-you!

I'll have to read through that over the course of the next day or so. (Edit : NM, I'm almost through with it already :P /end edit)

But yeah, even arrows would be better than nothing. A spotter would be ok, but I honestly don't like the engineer talking as is lol. Half the time I can't hear what he's saying because I am focused on racing, or I'm in a party or something.

But the radar is a great tool. It's one of the very few things I liked about NTG 11. As most of that game was a bug ridden mess lol.