PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hours of Spa

graveltrap
24-07-2015, 06:32
Official Page (http://www.24hoursofspa.com)

GT3 racing at its best once again this time over 24 hours at Spa! Super pole this afternoon to set the top twenty grid positions, from qualifying so far it looks amazingly close with BMW just edging out Audi...

Qualifying so far (http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/07/23/blancpain-endurance-series-spa-24-hours-night-qualifying.html) less than a second covering the top twenty cars :)

RAVEracer
24-07-2015, 07:19
I'm pumped to seeing how the #58 McLaren goes :cool:

FA RACING 01
24-07-2015, 07:22
Gonna be a great one and I'm BMW all the way [seeing that Toni couldn't bring the #51 Ferrari to the top 20].

jimmyb_84
24-07-2015, 11:04
let's just hope this year if there are any safety cars the drivers actually manage to behave! Think it was 5 in a row any a couple of drivers ended up in hospital.

Best GT3 racing anywhere when they behave (maybe N24 too)

graveltrap
24-07-2015, 13:23
Superpole in 10 minutes or so, live coverage on Motors TV :)

TV schedule was wrong Superpole starts at 16:10 local time...

jimmyb_84
24-07-2015, 17:05
Super pole Highlight video

http://youtu.be/aRu5ZLtG5r4

MortICi
24-07-2015, 19:33
Who wants to do a 24hr online race ?!?!?!?! PC version???

graveltrap
25-07-2015, 14:09
Coveage has started, looking forward to this :). Wet start is going to make things interesting...

Im Sorry
25-07-2015, 16:31
Weather is atrocious.
But that Audi looks good!

RoccoTTS
25-07-2015, 16:38
Typical Spa weather ;)

FoxMulder
25-07-2015, 17:14
Total 24 Hours of Spa 2015 - Blancpain Endurance Series on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fxdJdqYiB8)

graveltrap
25-07-2015, 17:59
It has been a messy 3 hours, lots of the wrong sort of action! Things are looking better now, track is slowly drying and some racing is now being done :)

jimmyb_84
25-07-2015, 18:09
It has been a messy 3 hours, lots of the wrong sort of action! Things are looking better now, track is slowly drying and some racing is now being done :)
Same as last year, not managing to watch it all but dipping in and out when I can

yusupov
25-07-2015, 18:10
M. Rast needs to help secure that new audi gt3 for this game :)

jgaganas
25-07-2015, 18:52
Great HD live-stream (watching now)!

http://www.24hoursofspa.com/live

graveltrap
26-07-2015, 08:17
Just over six hours left, BMW hold the lead following a pitstop for the first time I think, looks like a fair few cars were lost overnight!

jgaganas
26-07-2015, 08:41
Yes, Vanthoor (leading audi) lost his patience stucked behind another car at night and went of track... 5 laps down for repairs.

FoxMulder
26-07-2015, 12:30
Live stream motors tv uk (http://www.vipleague.me/motorsports/316141/1/blancpain-endurance-series-live-stream-online.html)

Rob Prange
26-07-2015, 12:35
I really hope VDS can pull it off, would be the last chance for the Z4 to get a major 24h victory after coming awfully close several times.

blankfile
26-07-2015, 15:09
and they just did pull it off!

mister dog
26-07-2015, 15:35
Nice to hear the brabanconne on a podium. I think i heard the Z4 will be replaced with an M6 next year?

Yannick Willame
26-07-2015, 15:44
Just back from the 24h ... Great atmosfear... And i enjoyed the race so much... Rinalmy the weather was more than correct this Sunday... I now have to go through the pictures i took and see if some are good enough to be posted!!

Correct about the M6 GT for next season... There was one exposed... It looks amazing. I can t wait to see it with liveries

mister dog
26-07-2015, 15:47
Correct about the M6 GT for next season... There was one exposed... It looks amazing. I can t wait to see it with liveries
Cheers, just did some googling about it, the exposed one still had the black and white camouflage on it?

Yannick Willame
26-07-2015, 15:53
Yes unfortunately...so difficult to see the details of the shape on the pictures i took

Machinist90
26-07-2015, 15:56
"Voor Vorst, voor Vrijheid en voor Recht
Voor Vorst, voor Vrijheid en voor Recht!!"

Nice to hear our anthem and to see them win,they deserved it and it's a nice goodbye for the Z4

Rob Prange
26-07-2015, 21:03
Nice to hear the brabanconne on a podium. I think i heard the Z4 will be replaced with an M6 next year?

It will, although BMW apparently had plenty of issues with it in testing.

mister dog
26-07-2015, 21:23
It will, although BMW apparently had plenty of issues with it in testing.
Nonetheless the future of Blancpain and GT3 racing looks bright indeed :)

graveltrap
26-07-2015, 22:58
I enjoyed what I was able to watch :) A well deserved win for the BMW!

I do like GT3, the sheer depth of the field and the number of different brands represented is brilliant, and the racing it produces can be sublime, but I always wonder about BoP at some point during a race.

yusupov
26-07-2015, 23:12
i think ive seen one good gt3 race in my ~1 year life as a motorsport fan, the bathurst 12hr which was fantastic. i dont watch oval racing and while i like the drivability in sims, my eyes almost always end up glazed over when i tune into a blancpain race. i do like john watson a lot tho

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 02:05
i think ive seen one good gt3 race in my ~1 year life as a motorsport fan, the bathurst 12hr which was fantastic. i dont watch oval racing and while i like the drivability in sims, my eyes almost always end up glazed over when i tune into a blancpain race. i do like john watson a lot tho

Sorry, but what GT3 and ovals have to do with each other?

Search youtube for tudor over Watkins Glen or Road America, it's brilliant :D

QPRLad
27-07-2015, 09:37
Watched the first 3 hours of the race, (about 45 mins of actual racing) and the last 6 hours! A very good race & such a good wide spread field. I hope a few manufactures can make the step into GTE but the regulations put a lot of manufactures off. A massive shame about the Zanardi/Spengler/Glock car which "blew up". Great to see Alex achieving what must have seemed impossible at the time of his accident.

Also a lot of penalties for track limits. Seems that not even the Pros learn their lessons. Great race, does anyone know when the next 24hour race is? Surely that isn't the last of the season?

goL ecaR v yM
27-07-2015, 15:36

it is brilliant... i was sweeping the track in person this past weekend.

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdN3DopA3GI

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 15:46
it is brilliant... i was sweeping the track in person this past weekend.

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdN3DopA3GI

I love Lime Rock Park. Great track :D:D

goL ecaR v yM
27-07-2015, 16:00
I love Lime Rock Park. Great track :D:D

best place in racing to actually meet and greet drivers and owners.

can't even begin to list all the people ive met at this track.. from Paul Newman, Adrian Fernandez, Roger Penske.
to many to list.

anyone can just walk up to the cars and into the pit area. general admission, plus pre race (next to starting grid) walk on to track for pre race
prayer and anthem.

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 16:02

can't even begin to list all the people ive met at this track.. from Paul Newman, Adrian Fernandez, Roger Penske.
to many to list.

anyone can just walk up to the cars and into the pit area. general admission, plus pre race (next to starting grid) walk on to track for pre race
prayer and anthem.

That info just make the track go up in my bucket list. :D

Ryno917
27-07-2015, 16:22

.. What GT3 races have you been watching? While I do find some Blancpain races to have some questionable driving moves, the racing there is still more exciting than many other series. That being said, I've been finding that, overall, the last two years in the Pirelli World Challenge have been absolutely brilliant (across all classes).

Which Bathurst 12 hour are you referring to? The previous one? I didn't find it to be a very good race for the most part. The ending was great, but the rest was a little dull. The 2014 race, though... holy hell, that was one of the best races I've ever seen. If you haven't watched that one, you should definitely give it a watch. The whole bloody thing was like a sprint race. Amazing.

to many to list.

prayer and anthem.

I've found that everywhere the ALMS went is like that (at least for that series). Mosport is always like that, which is one of the reasons it is the greatest circuit in the world. ;)

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 16:27
.. What GT3 races have you been watching? While I do find some Blancpain races to have some questionable driving moves, the racing there is still more exciting than many other series. That being said, I've been finding that, overall, the last two years in the Pirelli World Challenge have been absolutely brilliant (across all classes).

Which Bathurst 12 hour are you referring to? The previous one? I didn't find it to be a very good race for the most part. The ending was great, but the rest was a little dull. The 2014 race, though... holy hell, that was one of the best races I've ever seen. If you haven't watched that one, you should definitely give it a watch. The whole bloody thing was like a sprint race. Amazing.

I've found that everywhere the ALMS went is like that (at least for that series). Mosport is always like that, which is one of the reasons it is the greatest circuit in the world. ;)
We have a full Brazilian team (Two blue Z4s) on Blancpain and they have a reality show on Discovery Turbo, there's a team running SLSs, damn man, those guys are dirty as hell, always pushing people out of the track.

xautos
27-07-2015, 17:34
good to see Markus Palttala has won again, he did well in 2014 with the turner bmw squad racing the same type of car as that during the spa 24h this year. he needs that luck after the turner bmw got hammered in the bop earlier in the season.

Schnizz58
27-07-2015, 20:14
I felt bad for Zanardi.

We have a full Brazilian team (Two blue Z4s) on Blancpain and they have a reality show on Discovery Turbo...
The 0 and the 77 right? I always pull for those guys. Aren't there two brothers on that team?

yusupov
27-07-2015, 20:24

good question :D I think something I had typed about finding gt3 the most boring of any series I watch, but deleted it...whoops.

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 20:25
I felt bad for Zanardi.

The 0 and the 77 right? I always pull for those guys. Aren't there two brothers on that team?

People think so, but not, Caca Bueno is in the team, his brother, popů Bueno races on Stock Car Brasil. Caca is an idiot, but a great driver. The team is very good, a real improvement in Brazilian motorsports.

Schnizz58
27-07-2015, 20:51
People think so, but not, Caca Bueno is in the team, his brother, popů Bueno races on Stock Car Brasil. Caca is an idiot, but a great driver. The team is very good, a real improvement in Brazilian motorsports.
Thanks for clearing that up. Best of luck to them!

Yannick Willame
28-07-2015, 17:37
Just back from the 24h ... Great atmosfear... And i enjoyed the race so much... Rinalmy the weather was more than correct this Sunday... I now have to go through the pictures i took and see if some are good enough to be posted!!

Here are some pictures I took, the PRO podium about 1 hour before finish ... and then some random pics

goL ecaR v yM
28-07-2015, 20:54

ya mosport also kinda small. (unlike montreal (went to 1991 f1 race) and sonoma)

its the size of it... very small place with very little glitz. surrounded by rolling mini mountains. can walk around it in like 10 minutes.
as miniaturize mini cart track in the center.
easy to bump into racing stars regularly. i handed out the champagne for the 2005 LR Alms, was fun meeting all the drivers
and i got soaked.

goL ecaR v yM
28-07-2015, 20:55
Here are some pictures I took, the PRO podium about 1 hour before finish ... and then some random pics

thought this was project cars screen shots lol

Ryno917
29-07-2015, 14:06
ya mosport also kinda small. (unlike montreal (went to 1991 f1 race) and sonoma)

its the size of it... very small place with very little glitz. surrounded by rolling mini mountains. can walk around it in like 10 minutes.
as miniaturize mini cart track in the center.
easy to bump into racing stars regularly. i handed out the champagne for the 2005 LR Alms, was fun meeting all the drivers
and i got soaked.

Mosport isn't that small, it's just shy of 2.5 miles, and it definitely takes more than 10 minutes to walk around it (hell, getting down the back straight takes an hour since there's not really a proper path through there... but it's well worth the struggle. Last year a friend and I stumbled upon the remains of part of the motocross course from the 70s). Not much glitz for sure, but the circuit itself is absolutely amazing and more than makes up for the lack of polish in the amenities (which are improving).

I'm not sure you're thinking of the same circuit, though - Mosport doesn't have a kart track in the center of it. The 'new' kart track is located in the outfield near turn 8 on the side of a hill (again, a seriously cool track in its own right! Never seen a kart track with those kinds of inclines and drops!) but that was built in the early 2000s IIRC. Previously part of the driver development circuit was used for karting, but I believe it was deemed unsafe for karts because the pit wall was right up against the outside of the front straight, prompting the construction of the new kart circuit.

I'll be at Sonoma for the Indycar/PWC weekend in August. Very much looking forward to that - always liked that place!

[EDIT] Ah, were you talking about LR being small? Yep, tiny circuit. Great fun, though! Shame about the chicane though, I used to love that corner.