PDA

View Full Version : Is fuel burn off top speed increase coming

Mattdiesel
24-07-2015, 12:18
I am doing the gt3 series which is excellent. However at spa i noticed on 100% races i lost 10-15 mph on the top straight from 155mph to 140mph. The fuel buring should cause a lighter faster car like f1. In the main race with a pit after the pit half way through i can not get a faster lap then race start even though fuel is half what it was and new tyres again.

Also telling the pits when u want to come in, so don't keep getting the warning every lap

julesdennis
24-07-2015, 12:49
Perhaps it has to do with time progress.It is a sim.
Grip is not the same during every hour of the day.The track temp changes and affect lap times.

LordDRIFT
24-07-2015, 13:52
Check the Telemetry to see if you are still getting max power. If you are stringing out the engine the stress does lead to power loss.

fa-racing
24-07-2015, 13:53
It doesn't increase your top speed, it decreases the time it takes get to your top speed.

With more fuel your car becomes more sluggish, requiring more time to brake and accelerate.

Umer Ahmad
24-07-2015, 14:11
Fuel weight, burn off, acceleration and top speed is already modeled in the game

Ryno917
24-07-2015, 14:13
Do you have mechanical failures and damage enabled? You could be harming your engine.

danowat
24-07-2015, 14:44
Genuine question, does weight really affect the speed at those sort of speeds?, especially on a flat road.

I ask the question because, I am a cycling time triallist here in the UK, and I am quite a bit heavier than many riders (80kg vs 60kgs), now, raw speed, on a flat road is purely down to two things, power and drag, weight doesn't really make much difference (until you chuck hills into the mix, then it does, a lot).

Now I know the speeds are different (35mph vs 150mph), and the weights are different, but is it the weight that's the issue here?

LordDRIFT
24-07-2015, 16:38
Genuine question, does weight really affect the speed at those sort of speeds?, especially on a flat road.

I ask the question because, I am a cycling time triallist here in the UK, and I am quite a bit heavier than many riders (80kg vs 60kgs), now, raw speed, on a flat road is purely down to two things, power and drag, weight doesn't really make much difference (until you chuck hills into the mix, then it does, a lot).

Now I know the speeds are different (35mph vs 150mph), and the weights are different, but is it the weight that's the issue here?

I f I understand what you are saying: you still need to get to top speed , that's where you get penalized by the weight - the acceleration.

MXR SMILER
24-07-2015, 16:58
Surely Gravity is major part of the equation you are enquiring about - I may have to google this:cool: More mass more friction?

doyley101
24-07-2015, 18:26

It's a bit of simple physics; F=ma.
The force from the engine is (probably) the same with any fuel load, as is the drag (there's a bit less friction, but thats negligible really). So F remains roughly the same for any fuel load. However as fuel burns, m (mass) decreases, meaning that a (acceleration) must increase. Therefore you can reach the top speed quicker, but as drag doesn't change with fuel load, you will still 'run out of acceleration' (when drag + friction = force from engine) and reach top speed at roughly the same point.

Hope that makes sense

Mattdiesel
24-07-2015, 23:23
Do you have mechanical failures and damage enabled? You could be harming your engine.

Yes i do. Didn't get it at monza and at spa has a lot of the shift to 1st glitch reving its balls off

TXcountry
25-07-2015, 00:42
Make sure your engine isn't running hot also. That will effect your power.

krawlx
27-07-2015, 13:27
I had this same problem, although it was in Formula A. Late in the race (67 laps) I lost a huge amount of straight line speed. The advice given here was to be very conscious of shifting before hitting the rev limit as that will damage the engine. Ran a race last night (57 laps) and put the advice into practice. I wasn't short shifting, but I made sure to get into the next gear before the shift indicator was maxed. I made it through the race with minimal power loss.

MrFlibble81
27-07-2015, 14:49
Less fuel won't increase your top speed but it will decrease the amount of time it takes to get there and it's already in the game as far as I know.

MrFlibble81
27-07-2015, 14:50
I had this same problem, although it was in Formula A. Late in the race (67 laps) I lost a huge amount of straight line speed. The advice given here was to be very conscious of shifting before hitting the rev limit as that will damage the engine. Ran a race last night (57 laps) and put the advice into practice. I wasn't short shifting, but I made sure to get into the next gear before the shift indicator was maxed. I made it through the race with minimal power loss.

Glad that worked for you by the way! :D

krawlx
27-07-2015, 22:20
Meant to thank you for that advice so will do it here. Thanks!

SpaceMonkeySalo
28-07-2015, 00:17

Bloody masochist! ;)

danowat
28-07-2015, 08:04
Bloody masochist! ;)

Yeah, that pretty much comes with the territory, but I just like going fast, no matter what the mode of transport is, there is something about time trialling that appeals to my inner geek, you can get REALLY technical with the aerodynamics, bloody hard, but a lot of fun :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/danowat/10401971_10152394662251144_3799095443832170103_n.jpg

QPRLad
28-07-2015, 10:50
I used the e-tron Quattro last night in a test at spa and found there was no change in top speed but at the end of the straight after eau Rogue my braking should have been earlier and it was much harder to turn into the chicane. If you go the other way (test at low fuel then fill it up) you will see a big difference.

If you do a long race with tire changes but no fuel stops, do you really notice your engine performance drop? I did 2hours at Le Mans and "brushed" a GT car in the porsche curves, my top speed in LMP2 went from 183mph to 167mph so i pitted early, changed tires and added fuel and it fixed the damage and i had a good top speed again. Cant imagine it was Aero damage which caused a big loss in Top Speed. Also my water Temp was increasing from 80*C shortly after the accident and after the stop, it lowered then remained at 80 for the rest of the race.

Mattdiesel
12-08-2015, 22:05
I used the e-tron Quattro last night in a test at spa and found there was no change in top speed but at the end of the straight after eau Rogue my braking should have been earlier and it was much harder to turn into the chicane. If you go the other way (test at low fuel then fill it up) you will see a big difference.

If you do a long race with tire changes but no fuel stops, do you really notice your engine performance drop? I did 2hours at Le Mans and "brushed" a GT car in the porsche curves, my top speed in LMP2 went from 183mph to 167mph so i pitted early, changed tires and added fuel and it fixed the damage and i had a good top speed again. Cant imagine it was Aero damage which caused a big loss in Top Speed. Also my water Temp was increasing from 80*C shortly after the accident and after the stop, it lowered then remained at 80 for the rest of the race.

Yeah think it is engine damage cause got in the habbit of doing engine damage during a pit. I have manual and short shift for fuel and traction help but when gear shift glitch puts it back to first it cant always be helped

LeMansIndy500
13-08-2015, 15:05

Just out of interest, what is the top speed you've got out of the R18 E-Tron? I've only got 177MPH on the Mulsanne at Le Mans, but that is without any tuning (I'm a total biff when it comes to the technical stuff).

QPRLad
18-08-2015, 07:16
I got 180mph at Spa on the straight after Aue Rogue. I don't know much about tuning the car to go really fast, but I mainly alter the aero, springs and roll bars, final drive & occasionally the bump stops/rebounds. After I say your response I quickly jumped on last night and dos a few laps. Managed a 2.06.800 but could definitely have done a quicker time with more laps and tweaking.

At Le Mans you need to drop the aero down a lot. This car is great on downforce so you don't ever really need it above 7.0 (rear) on any track. Read one of the tuning guides to give you a little help.

Beatminister
18-08-2015, 11:38
The fuel load doesn't (shouldn't) affect the top speed on a level road, it affects acceleration a lot and behaviour in turns.
I did notice a loss of power myself, though, after reving the engine to hard on a high speed track (Le Mans 24h). It was the Bentley Continental, I think, and even with the longest gearbox it went into the red on the long straights. Every lap it got a bit slower in top speed. Mech damage was on. I wrecked the engine I guess. Good thing I don't have to pay the repairs.... :)

QPRLad
18-08-2015, 11:56
The fuel load doesn't (shouldn't) affect the top speed on a level road, it affects acceleration a lot and behaviour in turns.
I did notice a loss of power myself, though, after reving the engine to hard on a high speed track (Le Mans 24h). It was the Bentley Continental, I think, and even with the longest gearbox it went into the red on the long straights. Every lap it got a bit slower in top speed. Mech damage was on. I wrecked the engine I guess. Good thing I don't have to pay the repairs.... :)

It is a shame about the final drive setting on the Bentley GT3. I haven't raced against other cars at Le Mans or looked at the other top speedd, I remember achieving 177mph in the Bentley at the first chichane at Le Mans. What is it compared to the Aston & Maclaren GT3?