PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G29 Came In Today!! First Impressions

Meatkid
24-07-2015, 23:38
My G29 finally came in today and I'm super excited. Before anyone starts bashing Logitech let me get this out of the way, I am not a Logitech previous owner, brand name doesn't mean anything to me and money isn't an issue. I've never owned a G27 and this is my first wheel so you can keep your ps4 compatibility issues to yourself as there are plenty of other forums for that. Now to the good stuff.

Now I can compare this to the T300 as I had one for 2 weeks and I returned it as soon as the G29 was announced so I can try both and make a final decision based on my personal thoughts and experience.

Packaging, right out the box Logitech's placement of the product inside the box was a lot better than the T300. When I returned it to Fry's, the customer service person was mad because I couldn't figure out how to put it back and after 15 minutes I gave up. I was able to unpackage the G29 and place it back in the box no problem. I know this might not mean much but to me it shows Logitech paid more attention to detail in my opinion.

First I pulled out the wheel and I can smell that fresh leather (kinda reminded me of the smell when I just purchased my car) and the grip was very nicely handed stitched, I believe. The T300 was some kind of rubbery feeling on the wheel and I remember getting blisters from the T300 from the rubbery material used on the steering wheel. I haven't used this wheel yet but at first glance I can tell it'll be comfortable after long time use as my actual vehicle is leather wrapped and I drive that no problem.

The center of the wheel with buttons look a lot more durable and aesthetically better than the T300. The G29 has a more luxurious brushed aluminum/metal look to it and felt very durable. The T300 felt plasticyyy. The wheel base was a lot smaller on the G29 than the T300. It has an external power supply which I'm guessing has something to do with the size. The T300 clamp for a desk felt ok at best, I just wasn't comfortable tightening it since the screw is large and metal but the clamp is plastic. As I would tighten it, I would make faces :distrust:as I didn't know if the plastic would crack or snap. The G29 has two separate tightening knobs on either side and I didn't get this uncomfortable feeling. It was a much thicker plastic it seemed and more of a clamp. The shifters had a nice click to them and again were a nice metal or aluminum material that look very nice. The T300 were black metal and I can't complain about the T300 nor the G29, they both feel and look great. Haven't used the G29 in game yet.

Now to the pedals, wow, these look great out the box, one thing I was hoping for and it may sound dumb was something to grip the pedals to the carpet. On the T300 there were just about 6 flat rubber feet you can call them but I remember pressing the gas and the pedals would shift right a bit and to brake, the pedals would move back. I placed them against the wall and this didn't work because they would move side to side still so I found my self having to hold down the pedals with my left foot while I pressed the gas/brake with my right. I even went to Target and walked every aisle trying to find something to hold these pedals in place. As soon as I turned the G29 pedals, I noticed a long strip of small spikes I guess to grip onto the carpet, OMG that had me sold already. Again this may sound pointless but to me it was a big deal. Now the pedals, the T300 had no progression at all, you can press down on the gas or brake and they felt the same. On the G29 the gas has no resistance, the brake had very good resistance and a shorter through. It almost felt like the brake on my car. (Of course I'm sure there are a lot better brakes on the market than this one but I've never tried those so I have nothing to compare them to so to me these feel great). The clutch had a long throw and had some resistance to it, not as much as the brake but a lot more than the gas so it felt good. Every stick car I've driven has had different clutch weight so I'm not sure how its suppose to feel but no complaints for me.

So if I had both wheels in front of me and I had to pick based on appearance and feel of the material without using either wheel, the G29 would win hands down. I haven't even connected it to use it and I've already decided to keep this one.

I already ordered an Ubutto R3Volution which comes hopefully sometime next month and I can't wait.

I don't know if this helps any of you out there, but if your on the fence about either wheel I would say buy one, try it out, return it then buy the other one. Don't go by what anyone else tells you because at the end of the day it'll be you and the wheel.

I'll attached some pics of both wheels. (I don't have the T300 anymore but I only took 1 pic of it and I've already taken over 10 of this one).

If you have any questions or want me to post a specific picture let me know and I'll do my best. I won't respond to anyone crying about compatibility on the G27 nor how this is overpriced, I think the G27 was around $350 at launch and with inflation and everything I think the G29 is well priced. Oh but it doesn't come with a stick shift, oh well, you can use the G27 shifter on this or spend $60 on a new one. You can either buy the stick and be set or get your T300 and buy pedal and a stick for that up to you.

Thanks Carlos

rocafella1978
24-07-2015, 23:48
also G29 owner, and glad you posted this as a personal review and for people wanting to see it! great! but sadly, this might have triggered pandoras box to open...just wait for it :) and you might be in sooner than you think for a thread to be closed. but very nicely written, especially having been a T300 owner yourself. (I only had the toy wheels TM T80 never unboxed, and TM T100 unboxed and started crying...)
anyways, thanks again! which also have to state one thing, most of the guys I race with have stock T300RS sets and T500RS and a few Fanatec CSR/ CSW owners in the mix. all are happy with their personal choices!!! and I am very happy with my Logitech G29!!

Meatkid
25-07-2015, 00:08
also G29 owner, and glad you posted this as a personal review and for people wanting to see it! great! but sadly, this might have triggered pandoras box to open...just wait for it :) and you might be in sooner than you think for a thread to be closed. but very nicely written, especially having been a T300 owner yourself. (I only had the toy wheels TM T80 never unboxed, and TM T100 unboxed and started crying...)
anyways, thanks again! which also have to state one thing, most of the guys I race with have stock T300RS sets and T500RS and a few Fanatec CSR/ CSW owners in the mix. all are happy with their personal choices!!! and I am very happy with my Logitech G29!!

Yea I'm sure all the bashers are gathering up right now lol. I tried to state that I was just giving an opinion for others but its only a matter of time before they start bring up old stuff. That's why anytime you break up with your girlfriend you should never get back with her because old stuff will always come up.

People are saying that this wheel won't work with the PS5, who knows when a PS5 is coming out, might not be for 10 years or the soonest 5 years. If this wheel lasts me 5 years and the PS5 does come out I'll be there to pre order the next wheel. $400 divided by 5 years is $6 a MONTH!!! That's one Starbucks cup of coffee that you have to give up a MONTH lol.

One more question which is off topic, when is the PS4 going to be considered current gen? Everyone still calls it next gen consoles but it has been out going on 2 years now.

grant575
25-07-2015, 00:48
I am a happy T300 owner and use it on the PS4. I also own a G27 which I don't use now for obvious reasons. I was happy with the 27 and I am happy with the 300. If you are happy with the 29 that's great. I don't see why people have to brand bash, if you enjoy the experience who cares what you are using!!! I hope you get many hours of enjoyment out of you rig Kid.

Mr.Smoke
25-07-2015, 01:14
Also a G29 owner & a first time Logitech customer. Previously had a TM T100 which was defective & i opted to switch to Logitech due to their track record with their previous wheels.

Upon unboxing, i had basically all of the same impressions as you OP. That aroma of real, fresh leather when opening the box is a memory which is now engrained into me & i wont forget. Very nicely packaged, unlike the T100 i had. Pulling the G29 out of the box & looking at it for the first time, it simply screamed quality built to me. With being basically the same cost as the PS4, its a rather costly purchase for those on a budget, but totally worth it IMO if it provieds hundreds or thousands of hours of enjoyment.

Just like rocafellas thread, surely the haters & butthurt folks will find their way in here & spray their BS around, but oh well. They will never experience the pleasure of having this truly quality wheel to use. Im incredibly pleased with my purchase, just like you OP, and thats all that matters at the end of the day!!

Maybe see you on the track one day OP.

Jakob
25-07-2015, 01:34
Looks nice, how much does this go for?

cuda69
25-07-2015, 01:41
Also a G29 owner & a first time Logitech customer. Previously had a TM T100 which was defective & i opted to switch to Logitech due to their track record with their previous wheels.

Upon unboxing, i had basically all of the same impressions as you OP. That aroma of real, fresh leather when opening the box is a memory which is now engrained into me & i wont forget. Very nicely packaged, unlike the T100 i had. Pulling the G29 out of the box & looking at it for the first time, it simply screamed quality built to me. With being basically the same cost as the PS4, its a rather costly purchase for those on a budget, but totally worth it IMO if it provieds hundreds or thousands of hours of enjoyment.

Just like rocafellas thread, surely the haters & butthurt folks will find their way in here & spray their BS around, but oh well. They will never experience the pleasure of having this truly quality wheel to use. Im incredibly pleased with my purchase, just like you OP, and thats all that matters at the end of the day!!

Maybe see you on the track one day OP.

G29..Just a child's toy compared to a SimXperience Accuforce Pro wheel.

wyldanimal
25-07-2015, 01:57

yep, if you have $2000 to spend on a wheel.
very good video of three professional sim wheels here.

I'd take any one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnugyXhVsZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnugyXhVsZI

cuda69
25-07-2015, 02:25
SimXperience Accuforce Pro wheel..Just a child's toy compared to a Leo Bodnar SimSteering FFB System combined with GT3 Simulator Steering Wheel (or any LeoBodnar wheel!!)

@cuda69...comparing $$$ to $$$$...??? did you think twice before hitting "Post Quick Reply"? and then of course the fact that...*cough* oh yes, AccuForce/ AF Pro and Leo Bodnar (LB) System are sooooo soooo compatible and run soooo smoothly on the PS4...natively supported by Sony PS4! first wheel systems Sony had made sure are compatible with all the games! you can use AF and LB Systems also to completely replace your DS4 controller, headset, speakers, tactile transducer system, all in one system, specifically made for PS4....yes really!

apologies to @Meatkid...really had to vent this to @cuda69...I mean really! again???

and while we are at it...just contact Cruden for their home simulator system...Hexathrill for a mere $130-150k USD! then everything and all the stuff we own are children's toys....(meine herren! umgeben von...)

uh....OP is on PC..Silly rabbit.

Meatkid
25-07-2015, 02:38

I seen reviews and these are great. If I was a professional youtuber or if I somehow got paid to play sim games I would definitely get this. Being a casual gamer and sim racer for fun that's out of my league, at least for now.

Meatkid
25-07-2015, 02:40

I'm actually on both PC and PS4, but his being under the PS4 forum, I was more leaning towards the PS4 community.

cuda69
25-07-2015, 02:48
G29 is just a toy!!

Mr.Smoke
25-07-2015, 03:17
He told you it wouldnt take long.

Meatkid
25-07-2015, 03:19
Here's a quick setup un213232til the Obutto gets here.

Boston77Bruins
25-07-2015, 03:36
You are going to be so happy with the Obutto. I've had mine for years and it still looks and operates flawlessly. It'll also provide you with hours of comfortable racing.
Congrats on the new wheel. May it give you hours upon hours of fun.

Meatkid
25-07-2015, 03:42
You are going to be so happy with the Obutto. I've had mine for years and it still looks and operates flawlessly. It'll also provide you with hours of comfortable racing.
Congrats on the new wheel. May it give you hours upon hours of fun.

Thanks, I hope so, they are sold out and pre orders don't ship until sometime in August, gives me some time to get acquainted with the wheel. So far so good.

hitmanvega
25-07-2015, 05:42
Congrats on your new wheel, dont mind the haters. As long as u enjoy it.:D

wyldanimal
25-07-2015, 06:50
Enjoy your new G29..
I'm Hoping mine arrives soon....

-Brick_Top-
25-07-2015, 07:00
Good review.
Look forward to hearing more as you get more use from it. Thrustmaster are notoriously poor quality from all the products I have seen.

TheDoctor46
25-07-2015, 07:06
Nice you have fun w/ your new wheel, for me its a bit too expensive... around the 300€ mark would have been a sweet spot for me to give it a try. ...if only the T300RS had better pedals :rolleyes:

Since this is ps4 section bringing up the accuforce that will never work on ps4 is pointless
And additionally those high cost wheels are just another toys for those who can compensate the costs. :)

MysterG
25-07-2015, 07:21

G29 is just a toy!!

Quit derailing this thread.
Your behaviour is childish.

John Hargreaves
25-07-2015, 12:43
So, anyway, how do you find the G29 in pCars?

Jakob
25-07-2015, 12:49
I'd love one, but at $499 my wife would probably castrate me.

John Hargreaves
25-07-2015, 12:57
Just don‘t let her see the bill. "This thing love, yeah I got it a while back, yeah, forty quid in the PC World sale, bargain!"

mister dog
25-07-2015, 13:11
@Meatkid in your comparison with the T300 you seem to only focus on the T300's negative points like the packaging, cheaper finishing and its standard pedals. I'd like to hear your opinion on the FFB though as that is known as the strong point of the T300 compared to the G27 /G29. With the belt drive and better FFB motors most seem to agree the T300 beats the G29 with regards to FFB and overall feel, as demonstrated in the following thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wheel-advice-choosing-between-t300-and-g29-including-a-poll.330157/

(81% of votes went to the T300). FFB is a major factor in determining how good a wheel really is, and as you can see most people are happy to ignore a cheaper finishing and worse pedals just for that purpose.

Jakob
25-07-2015, 13:20
Just don‘t let her see the bill. "This thing love, yeah I got it a while back, yeah, forty quid in the PC World sale, bargain!"

lol if it were that easy, I'd probably have one already.

-Brick_Top-
25-07-2015, 13:47
@Meatkid in your comparison with the T300 you seem to only focus on the T300's negative points like the packaging, cheaper finishing and its standard pedals. I'd like to hear your opinion on the FFB though as that is known as the strong point of the T300 compared to the G27 /G29. With the belt drive and better FFB motors most seem to agree the T300 beats the G29 with regards to FFB and overall feel, as demonstrated in the following thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wheel-advice-choosing-between-t300-and-g29-including-a-poll.330157/

(81% of votes went to the T300). FFB is a major factor in determining how good a wheel really is, and as you can see most people are happy to ignore a cheaper finishing and worse pedals just for that purpose.

how many votes were cast by the I hate Logitech cry babies because the 10 year old g25 aren't supported on ps4? How many votes were cast by people that already own a thrustmaster (vote is what would you choose not what did u buy before u knew g29 was coming out)? How many votes were cast by people that had true life experience of both wheels?
I think that vote goes in no way to prove one wheel is better than the other.
What I would like to know is can it deliver ffb for longer than 5 - 10 mins at a decent level rather than high ffb for 30 secs then motors overheating

mister dog
25-07-2015, 13:54
how many votes were cast by the I hate Logitech cry babies because the 10 year old g25 aren't supported on ps4? How many votes were cast by people that already own a thrustmaster (vote is what would you choose not what did u buy before u knew g29 was coming out)? How many votes were cast by people that had true life experience of both wheels?
I think that vote goes in no way to prove one wheel is better than the other.
What I would like to know is can it deliver ffb for longer than 5 - 10 mins at a decent level rather than high ffb for 30 secs then motors overheating
I doubt 143 people would vote in favor of the T300, just out of hate for Logitechs 'business strategy'. If you read the thread many have posted their motivations too.

-Brick_Top-
25-07-2015, 14:02
I doubt 143 people would vote in favor of the T300, just out of hate for Logitechs 'business strategy'. If you read the thread many have posted their motivations too.

CBA to actually read it. I have no dog in the fight. Might get a g29 as a present for someone so interested in hearing more about how it is with the game. Not interested in comparison against any thrustmaster wheel just unbiased opinions of what the g29 is actually like to own.

Edit

Just read the 3rd or 4th post on that link full of assumptions, guessing etc. Mentions they will never buy Logitech again due to business practices and goes on to state the thrustmasters have a high failure rate. I assume the rest of the thread will continue along the same lines although some might hide their true reasons a little better. Wonder how reliable the guys dfgt was???

Regardless apologies to all not intending to de rail the thread will watch from the sidelines from now on

rocafella1978
25-07-2015, 14:46
yes same here @Brick Top

Bluedice
25-07-2015, 15:06

I don't. By the time that poll was published the G29 wasn't even released to the public so just a handful of people had tried it during E3 and most were pissed at Logitech for not supporting the G27 on the current generation of consoles. But if you stop to read the replies ignoring the biased and fanboy replies (from both sides) you can clearly see that the poll numbers don't reflect the reality. The scenario is actually split in half with a lot of people complaining about the G29 because it's old tech and a lot of people complaining about the reliability of Thrustmaster wheels.

So the consensus there is what everyone knows. The T300 uses newer tech but comes with inferior pedals and seems to be less reliable, while the Logitech is using older tech but comes with slightly superior pedals and has a better track record when it comes to reliability. FFB and feel are kind of subjective so I guess each will have their favorite.

In the end liking or not both wheels are on the same category and price range. So the only thing that matters is be happy with what you got for the price you've paid. If you think the T300 is better don't buy the G29 and vice-versa.

Personally for as much I would like to try the T300, its reliability track record scares me a bit, and since my G27 shifter will work on the G29 and the G29 pedals are ok I will stay with the old tech and get a G29 for now.

If I was to consider a better wheel overall I would probably go Fanatec, but Fanatec is yet to sort out their support on the PS4 so it's a risk investment consoles wise.

Roger Prynne
25-07-2015, 15:10
@mister dog....
Will you stop interfering with all the G29 threads please.
If you think your wheel is superior then so be it (that's your prerogative), but don't try and disrupt these threads by repeatedly stating that your wheel is better.
It's all down to personal taste at the end of the day, but there is no need to keep going on about it.

Mr.Smoke
25-07-2015, 15:27
Couldnt agree more with the above post.

Onikami
25-07-2015, 15:34
I regret having a TM T80. I saw T300 but what disappoints me is that both has only two pedal shifters and you have to buy the separate three pedal set (clutch) unlike logitech. Also T80 does not have force feedback so I can't really feel the limits of the cara' steering or the tire slip. Bad choice for my first wheel since im still a newbie in sim racing but I know in real life how a car feels.

So have to save for the latest best wheel that PCars supports. After that Im getting rid of my T80.

mister dog
25-07-2015, 15:42
@mister dog....
Will you stop interfering with all the G29 threads please.
If you think your wheel is superior then so be it (that's your prerogative), but don't try and disrupt these threads by repeatedly stating that your wheel is better.
It's all down to personal taste at the end of the day, but there is no need to keep going on about it.
For starters i'm using a CSR, so i'm not on the Thrustmaster bandwagon like some like to think. Secondly the OP posts a G29/T300 comparison conveniently leaving out a FFB comparison. Had the OP just given a review i wouldn't have bothered replying, but as he opens the door for such a comparison/ discussion don't feel provoked because i enter the room...

It is my full right to offer a different opinion on the matter, so please don't tell me i'm not allowed to do so.

-Brick_Top-
25-07-2015, 15:45
I regret having a TM T80. I saw T300 but what disappoints me is that both has only two pedal shifters and you have to buy the separate three pedal set (clutch) unlike logitech. Also T80 does not have force feedback so I can't really feel the limits of the cara' steering or the tire slip. Bad choice for my first wheel since im still a newbie in sim racing but I know in real life how a car feels.

So have to save for the latest best wheel that PCars supports. After that Im getting rid of my T80.

Best is a subjective thing. The most expensive ps4 supported set up is the fanatec csw v2 with all the extras. This doesn't necessarily make it the best.
My best advise is to read all reviews with a open mind as many will be biased for various reasons. Find out what your friends use and try as many different set ups as you can and make your own mind up.
Whatever you choose I hope you love it

Mr.Smoke
25-07-2015, 15:47
For starters i'm using a CSR, so i'm not on the Thrustmaster bandwagon like some like to think. Secondly the OP posts a G29/T300 comparison conveniently leaving out a FFB comparison. Had the OP just given a review i wouldn't have bothered replying, but as he opens the door for such a comparison/ discussion don't feel provoked because i enter the room...

It is my full right to offer a different opinion on the matter, so please don't tell me i'm not allowed to do so.

Then why did you bother replying to rocafella's G29 thread where no comparison had been made?

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but the manner in which you express it is what is under question here.

I dont feel provoked seeing that you entered this thread, more of a "oh great, this guy, AGAIN" kinda feeling. You seem hell-bent on derailing any G29 thread that has any sort of positive feedback coming from actual owners.

Fong74
25-07-2015, 15:47
I read quite a lot positive feedback about the G29 when it comes to pCars. On the other hand I do know quite some T300 users. Id say 50% have issues with the wheel and would not buy it again. The other 50% are happy with the T300, although they report about FFb fading at the end of longer races (1,5h-2h).

I have been asked by some people to recommend a wheel for pCars (respecting a lower budget than the one needed for a Fanatec CSW v2). What should I respond?

I know its a tough question, but maybe you guys could tell me two aspects concerning the G29:

1. Does it have a FFb loss from time to time in pCars, making a restart of the wheel necessary? If so, does the game crash? Does a restart bring the FFb back every time?
2. Do you experience FFB fading (due to overheating e.g.)?

Thanks in advance!

p.s.:
Please, I do not want to trigger any flaming or other negative reactions here. I just want to get some info that helps me recommending wheels for guys that start using serious racing titles with a wheel on PS4.

Boston77Bruins
25-07-2015, 15:52
Mr. Dog,
The OP just got the wheel. How about we give him some time with it before you bring up the FFB talk (again)?

Also, why is it not possible to be happy for the guy and his new wheel. Why try and make people feel small about a purchase they made with there own money?

I can't afford a new wheel. But, I am happy the OP was able to. I'm happy you have one. Why the bitterness towards different wheel users baffles me!

Have a good day folks.

mister dog
25-07-2015, 15:59
You seem hell-bent on derailing any G29 thread that has any sort of positive feedback coming from actual owners.
If the OP starts off with a T300 comparison highlighting it's negative points, how am I derailing this thread exactly by stating it is a better wheel in some regards?

You guys are just focusing on my name and avatar instead of what i'm posting here.

Roger Prynne
25-07-2015, 16:20

That makes it even worse.
The OP was comparing 2 wheels that he has owned.
Also I didn't say that you are not allowed to give your opinion, I just asked you to stop interfering (pretty please)

If the OP starts off with a T300 comparison highlighting it's negative points, how am I derailing this thread exactly by stating it is a better wheel in some regards?

You guys are just focusing on my name and avatar instead of what i'm posting here.
Doesn't that tell you something.

Mr.Smoke
25-07-2015, 16:21
1. Does it have a FFb loss from time to time in pCars, making a restart of the wheel necessary? If so, does the game crash? Does a restart bring the FFb back every time?

1. I havent experienced any FFB issues as of yet aside from some clipping under certain circumstances. Aside from that, its been flawless thus far.

2. As above, not one issue of any sort thus far regarding FFB with the exception of some clipping.

Its a matter of opinion that the T300 is better in some regards, not factual. Its purely opinion based, but you spout off as if its all fact. Wrong!

I focus on your name/avatar due to previous instances with you & your attitude. You brought that on yourself.

mister dog
25-07-2015, 16:35
That makes it even worse.
The OP was comparing 2 wheels that he has owned.
Also I didn't say that you are not allowed to give your opinion, I just asked you to stop interfering (pretty please)
Appreciate the pretty please, so i'll let you all carry on with praising the G27 now. :) Please don't start posting biased comparisons with other wheels though.

Doesn't that tell you something.
Yeah, that they have run out of valid arguments, and have to resort to playing the man instead of the ball.

Mr.Smoke
25-07-2015, 17:01
Now that we are (hopefully) past that BS, meatkid, id like to get your impressions of the G29 after actually getting to use it.

Have you experienced any clipping at all? Are you running completely default settings?

sirsilver1968
25-07-2015, 20:26
Excellent write up and great pics, it makes me even more excited for Monday when my g29 gets here :)

Bluedice
25-07-2015, 21:57
I read quite a lot positive feedback about the G29 when it comes to pCars. On the other hand I do know quite some T300 users. Id say 50% have issues with the wheel and would not buy it again. The other 50% are happy with the T300, although they report about FFb fading at the end of longer races (1,5h-2h).

I have been asked by some people to recommend a wheel for pCars (respecting a lower budget than the one needed for a Fanatec CSW v2). What should I respond?

I know its a tough question, but maybe you guys could tell me two aspects concerning the G29:

Thanks in advance!

p.s.:
Please, I do not want to trigger any flaming or other negative reactions here. I just want to get some info that helps me recommending wheels for guys that start using serious racing titles with a wheel on PS4.

Can't say about the G29 or PCars, I'm yet to get mine, but I've never experienced any sort of fading with my G27 on GT5 and GT6 on medium duration (2+ hours) endurance races or longer periods of use (6+ hours) even though the wheel base did get reasonably hot. Usually when I felt it's temperature was getting way too hot for my taste I tended to pause things up in order for it to cool down a bit, I've never been too fond of melting things up or setting things on fire.

But a good friend of mine did the 24 hours of Le Mans straight (with max FFB) in GT5 thanks to some packs of RedBull and he didn't report any fading of any sort. What he did report was a minor leakage which I guess was the grease getting liquid due to the high temperature the wheel base was operating and after that the wheel started to feel a bit "notchier". But his unit still alive and well till today after years of intensive use, and I'm pretty sure that with a bit of lubrication the "notchy" thing would return to the G27 standard.

Bluedice
26-07-2015, 00:04
Appreciate the pretty please, so i'll let you all carry on with praising the G27 now. :) Please don't start posting biased comparisons with other wheels though.

Yeah, that they have run out of valid arguments, and have to resort to playing the man instead of the ball.

I'm not sure what you want exactly.

All I can say is that yeah the T300 apparently has a stronger motor and doesn't have the notchy feel that the G27 has since its belt driven. But look, a stronger motor doesn't equate to better FFB and the notchy feel from the G27 isn't exactly a issue. They are both good wheels and they are both different.

One uses older tech that has proven it self to be durable, lasting easily 4 years or more of constant use. Mine for instance has 5 years and it still rocking. The other uses newer unproven tech and occasionally suffers from day 1 issues. But to be fair let's give it the benefit of the doubt and discuss the durability of the T300 3 years from now.

One comes with a decent set o pedals (with clutch), the other comes with a set of pedals that is all plastic and doesn't include a clutch, so if you want a clutch or any metal part in it other than the pedals face plates you have to shell out a few extra bucks for a T3PA (still mostly plastic) or the T3PA-Pro which is indeed a pretty good pedal set.

The T300 has exchangeable wheel rims which is a plus but not a decisive factor in my opinion for wheels that aren't exactly on the higher end of the spectrum.

Neither one comes with a H shifter, so we are good there. Both wheel bases are made of plastic and both rims are constructed more or less the same way except that the T300 is rubber covered and the G29 is leather.

Both out of all wheels currently available on the market are the only ones officially supported on the PS4 and both have an uncertain future when it comes to future consoles.

Neither one shoots lasers and both are pointed at the entry level of sim racing.

The costumer support for both wheels seems to be on the lower end of the customers support spectrum.

When it comes to pricing the reality is the following:
G29 $399
T300 $399
G29 with H shifter $460
T300 with H shifter $650

So in the end if you are just someone that wants a decent wheel to play racing games on a console, the Logitech is a pretty good deal that shouldn't be dismissed. And if you're someone that wants to become a "professional" sim racer neither one is the way to go and consoles shouldn't be your platform of choice.

Do you have any more arguments you want to discuss? If you do perhaps you should start a thread and I'll be more than happy to share my view on this whole incessant debacle there.

Either way I think we should leave this thread follow its original intended course, which is once again to try to hear the impressions of someone that has acquired a G29. Something that seems impossible on this forums.

mister dog
26-07-2015, 00:50
Do you have any more arguments you want to discuss? If you do perhaps you should start a thread and I'll be more than happy to share my view on this whole incessant debacle there.

Either way I think we should leave this thread follow its original intended course, which is once again to try to hear the impressions of someone that has acquired a G29. Something that seems impossible on this forums.
Like I stated before all the bad points of the T300 were mentioned by the OP, whilst no mention was made of the FFB comparison. And from what many have said already around many forums; the FFB is what makes it a more desirable purchase in a lot of cases. Personally i wouldn't put that amount of money down for neither of the two.

And yes, i'm already on the black list with the G29 fans, so let them have this thread for themselves now. Better to not quote me anymore or i'll feel obliged to reply.

rocafella1978
26-07-2015, 00:52
indeed impossible in this forum...very frustrating and just sad also to see how bitter people can get.

Bluedice
26-07-2015, 01:31
Comparing FFB it's like comparing wine, it's completely subjective and will vary from person to person. The further one can go is to say "it's stronger", "it's smoother", "it's notchy", "has central dead zone" which doesn't actually work as any indicative of how things (car behavior or track texture wise) are translated to wheel or how one will feel about any given wheel. So it's pretty much pointless to discuss.

Meatkid
26-07-2015, 02:07
So, anyway, how do you find the G29 in pCars?

The wheel feels great out of the box. I've been using it with the default settings and I'll start tweaking it as I get better. No point in making changes now if I'm still not comfortable (This is my first time ever using a wheel). The forcefeed back is good, its not overwhelming. The T300 had stronger jolts but today I was driving my car and took corners a bit faster than normal just to get a feel for the wheel you can feel it a bit but these sim wheels you can feel it a lot more. I'm guessing because they are trying to simulate what the wheels, brakes and everything in the car is doing. All in all I'm happy with it, the only person that can tell us which wheel is the most accurate to real life would be a professional driver so it's silly for some of us that haven't driven a car over 120 mph to even judge a wheel. I've been 160 mph on my motorcycle and that was crazy, I doubt anything can simulate that lol

Meatkid
26-07-2015, 02:14

Yea the force feed back is stronger on the T300 but what good is it if it only lasts 2 weeks? Correct me if I'm wrong in any of the following but I think the T300 has a single motor which the FFB is ran of off and I've read that it gets really hot after using it for a long time and that heat causes the FFB to fade away. The G29 has two separate motors so they run relatively cooler. With the T300 internals getting so hot, its only a matter of time before the belt inside stretches out right? Also the plastic internals probably start to deform over time from the heat. I've read G27 users running the wheel for hours with no difference in FBB and multi times read about the fading T300.

As I scroll through T300 forums, every other forum states "my T300 wheel failed" over and over. Actually just when I posted this post originally, the post below mine said "T300 failed". Sorry but I want reliability.

Meatkid
26-07-2015, 02:19

When I posted my original post, I stated that I hadn't used the G29 so I couldn't compare the FBB and it was just first impressions on unboxing, looks and feels. Had nothing to do with performance.

Meatkid
26-07-2015, 02:28
When it comes down to it, it's probably going to come down to what better a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord, they are very similar and each have something that make them stand out and flaws. If you see a Camry post but your an Accord fan, just skip it and go find an Accord thread to chime in on. Don't go into the Camry thread and start crying about something, oh our air conditioner is colder...no one cares. People just want to see reviews and facts not bashes.

Meatkid
26-07-2015, 02:30
Now being a first time wheel driver, I'm finding it overwhelming to do the shifting and braking and everything at the same time. I'm sure it'll take getting use to. Would you guys recommend I run everything automatic and just focus on turning the wheel and getting the braking down or just keep driving with everything manual and it'll sink in with time?

Bluedice
26-07-2015, 03:32
It all depends on how you cope with frustration :)

When I got my first wheel I ended up going back to automatic shifting to lessen the frustration until I got used to how the wheel reacted, then I went back to manual.

rocafella1978
26-07-2015, 03:36
Now being a first time wheel driver, I'm finding it overwhelming to do the shifting and braking and everything at the same time. I'm sure it'll take getting use to. Would you guys recommend I run everything automatic and just focus on turning the wheel and getting the braking down or just keep driving with everything manual and it'll sink in with time?

IMO, go automatic, learn driving correct lines, your lines (as best as possible), no assisted lines. learn to hit apex correctly, hit brakes nicely and accelerate out steady, what I did is start driving against AI@ 60% or 70% (whichever is easier for you to keep up with) even if it means 20 laps running behind them, but you learn lines, braking and accelerating behind them and with them to keep up! then go AI 80%, 90% and then 100% and beating them. IMHO

once you have that all nicely going, change to manual shifting! and you will love it even more! and be quicker too! (i am sure once you are at AI@90/100 you will start mixing shifts into the automatic shifts yourself, because you feel like the auto wrong) I started manual @80% with DS4 controller. (what a finger cramping that is!!!)

Meatkid
26-07-2015, 03:57
IMO, go automatic, learn driving correct lines, your lines (as best as possible), no assisted lines. learn to hit apex correctly, hit brakes nicely and accelerate out steady, what I did is start driving against AI@ 60% or 70% (whichever is easier for you to keep up with) even if it means 20 laps running behind them, but you learn lines, braking and accelerating behind them and with them to keep up! then go AI 80%, 90% and then 100% and beating them. IMHO

once you have that all nicely going, change to manual shifting! and you will love it even more! and be quicker too! (i am sure once you are at AI@90/100 you will start mixing shifts into the automatic shifts yourself, because you feel like the auto wrong) I started manual @80% with DS4 controller. (what a finger cramping that is!!!)

Thanks for the great info. Yea I tried manual with the DS4 and it felt like I was throwing gang sign trying to reach and adjust. I'll start at 60% with the AI and go up from there. Thanks. I was up to 80% with the DS4 but the steering wheel is a whole new world.

Bluedice
26-07-2015, 04:11
On the DS4 the best thing you can do is remap the gear up/down buttons from the L1 and R1 to the Square and Cross buttons. But playing with controllers sucks pretty bad :)

Meatkid
26-07-2015, 05:08
On the DS4 the best thing you can do is remap the gear up/down buttons from the L1 and R1 to the Square and Cross buttons. But playing with controllers sucks pretty bad :)

So on my second attempt with the wheel using the BMW Z4 @Mazda raceway, I hit a 1:24:xxx, this might be a laughable time but I felt it was good. Maybe its just me but I feel myself breaking less with the wheel than when I was on the controller. You can actually gradually get on the gas or brake vs on the controller where I found myself either 100% gas/brake or 0%.

Extremely happy right now :)

The wheel does have a small "clank" on it when going off the track to simulate the rubble/dirt but besides that it's pretty quiet. I was scared at first when I heard reviews on YouTube on the clanking noise but yea I'm sure its loud when you have a boom mic on it. It's very tolerable. It's almost on par with another wheel, but I won't mention what wheel cuz everyone gets their pannies wet when I make a comparison.

ChrisK
26-07-2015, 05:41
I can't believe people are getting into arguments about what the best wheel is. lol
Is there no end to the fanboyism madness !!

I own a t300 and I think it's the best wheel ever made and everything else is for losers. So there !

Bluedice
26-07-2015, 06:53
I can't believe people are getting into arguments about what the best wheel is. lol
Is there no end to the fanboyism madness !!

I own a t300 and I think it's the best wheel ever made and everything else is for losers. So there !

We are all very happy for you! Thanks for sharing.

Now are we allowed to talk about the G29 on a G29 thread which the intent isn't proving anything to anyone or this is too much to ask?

Mr.Smoke
26-07-2015, 08:04
@meatkid congrats! Hitting a 1:24 at Laguna is a quite decent time. Nice work!!

My PB isnt too far off from that.

Have you watched your telemetry at all to see if you are getting any clipping with your G29?

John Hargreaves
26-07-2015, 08:45
You could try shifting manually but through the paddles rather than the h-shifter, and using your left foot to brake with auto clutch on, so you reduce the number of things you have to think about at once. Trying to drive fast using exactly the same method as a real car is harder as everything happens so quickly.
Also if you get the hang of it in a slower car like the Caterham classic, F rookie or Audi A1 you can then work your way up to the faster ones as your brain gets used to doing it all at once.

Great to hear it's working out well. I first changed to a wheel (before ffb was even supported in most games) back in about 1997 when I had a pentium 100 and a 15" crt monitor and I never looked back. I remember I drilled holes in my desk to bolt it down. Can't imagine being without one now, and my G25 has been brilliant, the logitech has great build quality so I reckon you are sorted now. Money well spent :cool:

JoeDogs
26-07-2015, 09:55

How old are you..?

mister dog
26-07-2015, 10:47
How old are you..?
Ah yes, because the argumentation in my post is childish no? http://www.readandfindout.com/site_media/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Incredible that people like you just can't seem to understand what i explained above. Do i need to repeat it again in simplified terms so you can grasp the idea?

Roger Prynne
26-07-2015, 11:15
Don't start again guys.... please.

John Hargreaves
26-07-2015, 14:11
What is it with dogs? :rolleyes:

daddyboosive
26-07-2015, 14:43
My G29 finally came in today and I'm super excited. Before anyone starts bashing Logitech let me get this out of the way, I am not a Logitech previous owner, brand name doesn't mean anything to me and money isn't an issue. I've never owned a G27 and this is my first wheel so you can keep your ps4 compatibility issues to yourself as there are plenty of other forums for that. Now to the good stuff.

Now I can compare this to the T300 as I had one for 2 weeks and I returned it as soon as the G29 was announced so I can try both and make a final decision based on my personal thoughts and experience.

Packaging, right out the box Logitech's placement of the product inside the box was a lot better than the T300. When I returned it to Fry's, the customer service person was mad because I couldn't figure out how to put it back and after 15 minutes I gave up. I was able to unpackage the G29 and place it back in the box no problem. I know this might not mean much but to me it shows Logitech paid more attention to detail in my opinion.

First I pulled out the wheel and I can smell that fresh leather (kinda reminded me of the smell when I just purchased my car) and the grip was very nicely handed stitched, I believe. The T300 was some kind of rubbery feeling on the wheel and I remember getting blisters from the T300 from the rubbery material used on the steering wheel. I haven't used this wheel yet but at first glance I can tell it'll be comfortable after long time use as my actual vehicle is leather wrapped and I drive that no problem.

The center of the wheel with buttons look a lot more durable and aesthetically better than the T300. The G29 has a more luxurious brushed aluminum/metal look to it and felt very durable. The T300 felt plasticyyy. The wheel base was a lot smaller on the G29 than the T300. It has an external power supply which I'm guessing has something to do with the size. The T300 clamp for a desk felt ok at best, I just wasn't comfortable tightening it since the screw is large and metal but the clamp is plastic. As I would tighten it, I would make faces :distrust:as I didn't know if the plastic would crack or snap. The G29 has two separate tightening knobs on either side and I didn't get this uncomfortable feeling. It was a much thicker plastic it seemed and more of a clamp. The shifters had a nice click to them and again were a nice metal or aluminum material that look very nice. The T300 were black metal and I can't complain about the T300 nor the G29, they both feel and look great. Haven't used the G29 in game yet.

Now to the pedals, wow, these look great out the box, one thing I was hoping for and it may sound dumb was something to grip the pedals to the carpet. On the T300 there were just about 6 flat rubber feet you can call them but I remember pressing the gas and the pedals would shift right a bit and to brake, the pedals would move back. I placed them against the wall and this didn't work because they would move side to side still so I found my self having to hold down the pedals with my left foot while I pressed the gas/brake with my right. I even went to Target and walked every aisle trying to find something to hold these pedals in place. As soon as I turned the G29 pedals, I noticed a long strip of small spikes I guess to grip onto the carpet, OMG that had me sold already. Again this may sound pointless but to me it was a big deal. Now the pedals, the T300 had no progression at all, you can press down on the gas or brake and they felt the same. On the G29 the gas has no resistance, the brake had very good resistance and a shorter through. It almost felt like the brake on my car. (Of course I'm sure there are a lot better brakes on the market than this one but I've never tried those so I have nothing to compare them to so to me these feel great). The clutch had a long throw and had some resistance to it, not as much as the brake but a lot more than the gas so it felt good. Every stick car I've driven has had different clutch weight so I'm not sure how its suppose to feel but no complaints for me.

So if I had both wheels in front of me and I had to pick based on appearance and feel of the material without using either wheel, the G29 would win hands down. I haven't even connected it to use it and I've already decided to keep this one.

I already ordered an Ubutto R3Volution which comes hopefully sometime next month and I can't wait.

I don't know if this helps any of you out there, but if your on the fence about either wheel I would say buy one, try it out, return it then buy the other one. Don't go by what anyone else tells you because at the end of the day it'll be you and the wheel.

I'll attached some pics of both wheels. (I don't have the T300 anymore but I only took 1 pic of it and I've already taken over 10 of this one).

If you have any questions or want me to post a specific picture let me know and I'll do my best. I won't respond to anyone crying about compatibility on the G27 nor how this is overpriced, I think the G27 was around $350 at launch and with inflation and everything I think the G29 is well priced. Oh but it doesn't come with a stick shift, oh well, you can use the G27 shifter on this or spend $60 on a new one. You can either buy the stick and be set or get your T300 and buy pedal and a stick for that up to you.

Thanks Carlos

Do you work for Logitech?

ChrisK
27-07-2015, 05:01
We are all very happy for you! Thanks for sharing.

Now are we allowed to talk about the G29 on a G29 thread which the intent isn't proving anything to anyone or this is too much to ask?

the sarcasm was lost on you clearly. lol

WelshSossy
27-07-2015, 09:01
Hi all. Have enjoyed my G25 over the last 5 years and was looking for a wheel for my PS4. I was looking at the T300 but have been put off due to number of people who have had problems with them. My G25 is still works flawlessly so despite it not working with PS4, for build quality I'm swaying towards the G29.

When is the G29 officially released? Sometime in July but is there a specific date?

Neil Bateman
27-07-2015, 09:13
Hi all. Have enjoyed my G25 over the last 5 years and was looking for a wheel for my PS4. I was looking at the T300 but have been put off due to number of people who have had problems with them. My G25 is still works flawlessly so despite it not working with PS4, for build quality I'm swaying towards the G29.

When is the G29 officially released? Sometime in July but is there a specific date?

Considering there are people posting in this thread saying they are currently using a G29 i can only assume this is meant to be a funny post and you forgot to add one of these;)

John Hargreaves
27-07-2015, 09:28

I‘m having the same thoughts; seems to be a big question over T300 build quality. As the owner of a high mileage G25 I‘d hate to pay more money for something that packs in after a few months. The G29s are out in the wild, but initial stocks seem to be limited, PC world and Amazon out of stock. I‘m sure you‘d find one easy enough though.

Bluedice
27-07-2015, 09:34
Considering there are people posting in this thread saying they are currently using a G29 i can only assume this is meant to be a funny post and you forgot to add one of these;)

Different countries, different release dates I guess. Here for instance it won't be officially launched till September from what I've checked. At least it will arrive with a reseanable suggested price of USD $580.00, which is way better than the ~1k I was expecting.

WelshSossy
27-07-2015, 09:42

Even the logitech website doesn't have a release date and still has the option to 'Pre-Order'.

I have 90 worth of Amazon gift cards to use so ideally I want to order via Amazon but like a post above says they are out of stock, or as I see it they still haven't received stock.

I am in the UK. Where are the people who have posted that they have a G29 from?

John Hargreaves
27-07-2015, 09:47
Best wait for Amazon if you have those vouchers, it will ease the pain significantly. I was looking at a T300 just before pCars released and there were plenty around, but they disappeared for a few weeks due in no small part to the landing of our favourite racing game. They are back in stock now so just give it a week or two for the first wave of G29s to be snapped up and they will be back in stock.

Mr.Smoke
27-07-2015, 09:59
Even the logitech website doesn't have a release date and still has the option to 'Pre-Order'.

I have 90 worth of Amazon gift cards to use so ideally I want to order via Amazon but like a post above says they are out of stock, or as I see it they still haven't received stock.

I am in the UK. Where are the people who have posted that they have a G29 from?

I believe that most, or all of us who already have our G29's are located in North America. If i go to the Logitech website it gives me the "add to cart" not "pre-order now" so im guessing overseas has to wait a little bit yet.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
27-07-2015, 10:34
In UK pc world are saying order now for 8th of August, think 8th is when they will be despatched tho

WelshSossy
27-07-2015, 11:12
Thanks for your helpful replies guys.

sirsilver1968
27-07-2015, 18:17
I got my g29 this morning I ordered directly from logitech Europe :) I am in Chorley UK

jhonatas
27-07-2015, 19:57
I never drove with a G25, G27 or G29, I had a DFGT that used on PS3 and Lily in some forums that the Force Feedback of it is "almost" as good as the G27.
Today have a T300 and I see it's much better than DFGT. The G29 Appearance and finish really is much better, more beautiful leather grip.
But I would like to know someone who had actually used them, what are the real differences between them.

sirsilver1968
27-07-2015, 21:20
I've had a dfgt and I've just got a g29, first thing I noticed is the g29 is a lot quieter and smoother overall in its operation, plus the actual hardware has a more robust and better finish, the dfgt is a great wheel I had some great times on gt5 but the g29 is definitely a step up.
I never had a g25 or a 27 so I can be forgiven for my excitement over the g29 :)

wyldanimal
31-07-2015, 22:47
My G29 Arrived Today..
I haven't driven with it Yet.
But Here's my Unboxing, and Side By Side photos with the DFGT, the G27's, and the T300

I'm hard mounting it to my Rig to get my first driving Impressions as soon as I'm done here.

http://1drv.ms/1KGmaOo

So Far I'm as Impressed with the G29 as I was when I got my First G27.
Pulling it out of the Box and getting that smell of Leather, and then The Feel of it in my Hands..
Can't wait to drive with it..

G29 Just unboxed

DFGT-G27-G27-G29-T300

Meatkid
31-07-2015, 23:28
So I found my first issue with the G29 today. After completing a race online and a new race loads and I'm starting to qualify, the force feed back starts going crazy for no reason when I move the wheel 5 degrees to the left or right. It's like the gears are grinding pretty bad. I don't know if you have experienced this already but after driving about 10 laps and the tires are worn out, the force feedback starts going crazy since the wheels are sliding everywhere, well its that same effect. To fix it I have to unplug the wheels USB and let it do its spins. Then it'll start working. Sometimes it takes 2-3 restarts of the wheel for it to work, or I have to put up with it until the race starts then it fixes itself. Being a new wheel, this might just be an update the firmware needs. This first happened during qualifying at Spa.

draughn101
31-07-2015, 23:47
I'm looking forward to your impressions Wyld, it looks like you've got some experience.

wyldanimal
01-08-2015, 04:33
The first thing that struck me was that Smell of Leather.. YES!
Oh, how nice it feels in the hands..
I posted a 2nd Batch of Pics Here: Folder Part 2
http://1drv.ms/1KGmaOo

I can Confirm, that it is 100% compatible with "The Perfect Pedal" MOD, and Also the Ricmotech Load Cell 2 Kit.

Since I have 2 Sets of G27 pedals, each with a Different Brake Mod.
I was able to Hook them up and Confirm that they work..

First, I took apart the G29 pedals to make sure there weren't any surprises.
Since the Internals, and Wiring was the same.
I tried out the Mods.
They Both work Perfect.

there are some Modifications to the G29 Stock Pedals VS the G27's.
Inside each Piston there is now a Pressure plate used on both sides.
The Brake has a stronger Spring, and a nice Progressive Insert.

The Stock Pedals are very nice.
If I hadn't used my MODs already, I'd be more than happy with using the Stockers.

Also My G27 shifter works. but the additional Buttons aren't used.

Since My TH8A thrustmaster Shifter is USB, I tried that.. But It doesn't work in Conjunction with the G29.

After Getting it all Hard mounted, it was like On old Friend had come home..
It really feels good. And what can I say about the Leather wrapped Wheel.

My only complaint so far.. The Location of the PS button.. Too Darn Close to the Share and option..
very easy to hit the PS button by Mistake..

If you Like the G25 or G27 wheel, you will Love the G29 even More.
And since I can use my Existing Pedal sets with the MODs, Man is that Sweet!

The FFB setting in pCars as Defaults is OK. Too Much Clipping though.
I tweaked one car to take care of the clipping, and all the FFB sensations are spot on..
ran 10 laps at Spa...
no complaints, I enjoyed the feel of the Wheel, a Good Weight for it's size. lots of good FFB sensations.
Skidding under braking, looseness under Acceleration, understeer, oversteer, all well transmitted by the FFB.

Perhaps not as Strong as the T300, but I'd say more informative... And that's what you want from the FFB.
Information, not Brute Strength..

First Impressions are It's a well built Wheel, using Time proven components.
When I get a Chance I'll open up the Wheel and Have a look at the Motors and Sensors.

to those who are on the Fence...
If you buy a T300... You'll want Better pedals than what comes stock. You might not like the rubber grip.
But Overall, it's a good wheel, and I think you'd be happy with it, so long as you don't have any reliability issues.
But Better pedals, and a leather wrap wheel is going to Cost another $300

If you Buy the G29... You'll Be happy with it out of the box. Great Pedals, nice hand stitched Leather, and Good FFB
The T300 is a bit Stronger.. But for me, Brute Force isn't what I'm looking for.

Either Choice is a good Choice. it's all a matter of what you will be happy with.

I've now used them both..
for Me, the G29 is the Better Wheel.
And I sort of New that's how I'd feel.. because the T300 left me missing my older G27...
Now, I have the G29, and it even better.

one very misunderstood design element of the G27, G29 is the Spring Loaded motor Bearings.
The Motor Shafts have a Helical Gear on them, Under fast Torque, this wants to pull or Push on the motor Shaft, due to the nature of the Helix angle of the Gears.
then End of each Motor Shaft is Fitted with a Spring Loaded Bearing Cap.
This Will Absorb this Sudden Torque, and it results in a bump being Felt in the Wheel, and also a bearing knock.

This is not a flaw, it's a well thought out design.
With out this spring loaded Bearing, you wouldn't Feel that Bump.

here are a couple Pics to show the Design..
note: Photos taken off the web. these are not my own photos, but used to show the design.

Helix angle of Gears

back side of the Bearing housing.

spring loaded bearings.

So it is by design that the G27 and G29, simulate this effect with a bump and an audible knock.
Kerbs, bumps, crashes..

By Pulsing the Motors Back and Forth Rapidly, you can simulate the feel of Cobblestones, with all the bumps and clatter...
the quick change in motor direction will push and pull against the spring loaded bearings.

there are a couple Youtube videos that show drilling and taping a thread in the back side of the housing, and Inserting a bolt to Stop the Bearing cap from moving.
This eliminates the BUMP and the Clatter you Hear. but you also loose that Sensation. you don't feel it anymore.

The threaded bolt is a simple fix to what most consider a flaw, but I consider it a design feature.

sirsilver1968
01-08-2015, 08:07
Excellent write up there, as a fellow g29 user totally agree with everything you have said.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
01-08-2015, 10:08
Hi lads can u tell me where u ordered your g29 and how long was the wait for it to arrive thanks

sirsilver1968
01-08-2015, 10:22
Hi rick

I got mine from logitech website and I had it delivered within 5 days from ordering

rocafella1978
01-08-2015, 11:04
Hi lads can u tell me where u ordered your g29 and how long was the wait for it to arrive thanks
US (North America) pre-ordered on the dat Logitech announced it on their website for pre-order and got my wheel 17 days later. (I know Logitech in Canada with G29, is available and was same as US)

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
01-08-2015, 12:41
Thanks for your replies I'm in the UK I've ordered mine from logitech today so hopefully it won't be a long wait

sirsilver1968
01-08-2015, 13:36
Youll be able to track it once despatched via UPS mine was shipped a week last Thursday and i got it the following Monday.

WelshSossy
02-08-2015, 21:16

I ordered mine from Amazon last week even though they were out of stock. I received an email yesterday saying they were receiving stock on 7th August and I now have an estimated delivery date of 12 August but I reckon I'll get it a few days before that.

wyldanimal
03-08-2015, 15:23
I haven't had a Lot of Seat time since I got my G29.
but So far the FFB feels great.
I'm still getting clipping in the turns, both right hand and left hand, so a bit more tweaking till I get it sorted.

I set some button assignments.
for the Seat Position, I was able to use the red dial on the Wheel.

Too bad their isn't a popup menu, so that Dial could be used with all the Adjustments.

Open the Menu, select the adjustment you want, then turn the dial..

But for Now, having it set to adjust the seat works great.

Martini Da Gasalini
03-08-2015, 16:19
Hey Wyld thanks for the Tech write up, as always very informative.

sirsilver1968
03-08-2015, 18:45
I'm still getting clipping in the turns, both right hand and left hand, so a bit more tweaking till I get it sorted.

Too bad their isn't a popup menu, so that Dial could be used with all the Adjustments.

Seat position assigned to red dial I'll have to try that one.

rocafella1978
03-08-2015, 20:30

Not sure if you tried my settings, completely eliminated clipping. and red dial for brake bias, enter for requesting pit stop and +/- rocker buttons for seat forward/ backward, that's on mine.

mi6_
03-08-2015, 21:14
@wyldanimal and @rocafella. I am on my 4th T300RS and just this morning I got a faint smell of burning coming from the motor. So, before the 30 day warranty period is over I am going to ship it back and request a Logitech G29 replacement. I very much appreciate the testing and information. Thank you to all who post on this forum.

And yet people still think the Thrustmaster wheels are reliable. Guess some people got really lucky and got a good wheel.

cuda69
03-08-2015, 23:29
@wyldanimal and @rocafella. I am on my 4th T300RS and just this morning I got a faint smell of burning coming from the motor. So, before the 30 day warranty period is over I am going to ship it back and request a Logitech G29 replacement. I very much appreciate the testing and information. Thank you to all who post on this forum.

Out of those four T300rs, Did you update the firmware on any of them ?

rocafella1978
04-08-2015, 00:28
Or they don't use it more than 8 hours a week. I am retired and use mine about 4 hours per day and that is a modest estimate. More like 5 or more hours on some days. I don't think Thrustmaster has done a good enough job with cooling. I have noticed the burning smell comes first, then the force feedback begins to fade a couple days later, then the calibration issues start soon after that, wheel spent and done. My settings are FFB 76% and Tire Force 88. Those settings should not over tax the wheel motor.

I stay home, raise my son, run my own business...!!! after that from around 730pm to 0100am every day almost I practice and race pCARS! that is almost 5-7 days a week and leave all on! (most of the time) and the G29 feels the same and no overheating no crazy activities nor glitches. I am very happy and love my G29!

rocafella1978
04-08-2015, 11:05
I'm on board with that. BTW, I printed your G29 setup info and will be using it when I get the wheel. Thank You for that. The noise the wheel tends to make on videos I have seen won't be a bother to me because I concentrate too much on what I am doing in the events. Project Cars is addictive.
np glad to hear and see it is helping so many members of the community! and to be honest, I have not notices the noise everyone talks about, but even if has some noise, I play with headsets, so it really does NOT bother me. good luck and enjoy your G29 when you get it!

cuda69
04-08-2015, 18:43

Were these T300rs bought new or used ? Strange how you had four bad ones.