PDA

View Full Version : Australian Club Event - Tuesday 28 July 2015

spidey11
25-07-2015, 13:55
Australian Club Event - Tuesday 28 July 2015.

Track:
Multiple tracks through the night. between 5-10 laps depending on length.

Date/Time:
Anytime Tuesday night. We will most likely host private lobbies to keep out the bashers but just add us on psn and join for the fun racing night.

Race type:
Trying a bunch of different settings. random weather, damage on, mechanical failures, a mix of different tyre wear

Car class:
Renault Clio Cup.
If you haven't driven these cars yet, do yourself a favour and give one a go, they are heaps of fun and will make for a good race.

Names down for racing:
Spidey11
Buggie_brain
IronMask75
EMScooter
Hkraft300
Sneekynuts11
loklun
Eeesteeedeee
SubGTracer
Rooz31
farmerboy

buggie_brain
25-07-2015, 14:04
Count me in buddy!!

NicoHulkenberg27
25-07-2015, 14:56
Sprint Race + Main Race like the real Clio Cup?

IronMask75
26-07-2015, 00:50
Sprint Race + Main Race like the real Clio Cup?

I had to Google it, so here is the format for anyone who's wondering...

Renault Clio Cup United Kingdom - Championship Format (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Clio_Cup_United_Kingdom#Championship_format)

"On a race weekend, the drivers have a 30-minute qualifying session, with the fastest times setting the grid for race one and their second fastest times setting the race 2 grid. Races are held over a minimum of 30 miles.[4]"

Personally I think that's a bit too much qualifying for what we do and at minimum 30 miles I think it's a bit too long for a weeknight race. As much as I'd love to flog the piss out of everyone for 30 miles :P, I have to be up at 6:00 am for work and with a 9:00 pm start time that would just make for too late a finish. if we started an hour earlier and wanted to turn it into a full Clio series it might be interesting to run it based on the real life series, but where we are now it's just too much.

If we made it a "Half-Championship" rules event with 15 min qualifying and minimum 15 miles, then it wouldn't be far from what we already do with the 12 lap format. But, how can you keep track of the "second fastest times?" There's no way of accurately recording your second fastest lap. You would have to do a Practice and then a Quali and note the times for each, and that would extend the time the format runs for. I think we're better off with the Reverse Grid for Race 2 like we've been doing.

Put me down for the race, but not if we're racing until midnight ;)

hkraft300
26-07-2015, 02:16
Or run a qualifying, have everyone post 2 times, and take a screenshot of the qualifying results to keep track :)

NicoHulkenberg27
26-07-2015, 10:19
yup
count me in
first time to try Renault Clio in MP lol

ChrisK
26-07-2015, 12:55
I agree with mask. Stick to reverse grid.

Essteedee
26-07-2015, 20:40
keen :)

jason
26-07-2015, 21:43
I'm keen :)

spidey11
27-07-2015, 01:45
keen :)

Your first post!! Yay lol

jason
27-07-2015, 01:47
Essteedee welcome champ ....... About bloody time :)

jason
27-07-2015, 01:49
I agree with mask. Stick to reverse grid.

+1.

Woffu
27-07-2015, 02:46
Yep. Count me in

farmerboy
27-07-2015, 05:36
Hey guys, buggie just told me about this. Count me in.

spidey11
27-07-2015, 07:43
Boys we still need to work out the type of race we are having and the amount of laps etc.

Essteedee
27-07-2015, 07:47
Wets on a dry track, 1 lap, Tire wear 7, who ever gets round first is the winner?

buggie_brain
27-07-2015, 07:48
Maybe just make it the same as Wednesdays. 2 x 12 laps with 2nd race reverse grid. What else can we do?

What about 12 x 2laps? :rolleyes:

buggie_brain
27-07-2015, 07:49
Hey what about weather? Just putting it out there

Essteedee
27-07-2015, 07:53
Nah but seriously 12-15 laps is a good number for a sprint I reckon

ChrisK
27-07-2015, 07:54
Or we can just do a regular night of a few 5 or 6 lappers at various tracks with various cars. Not sure about the idea of structured races every night. Will be hard to keep up that level of momentum.

I think you were on the right track before. One night of the enduro @ 30 laps and then another night with 2x14 or 15 lappers. The other nights are just free, fun time. Just an idea.

Essteedee
27-07-2015, 08:49
Thats a fair point actually, I can imagine if we did 3 nights of competitive racing (to a degree) it could create some bitterness/get too serious ? A piss around night, where we can get a bunch of guys show up and race full lobby would be awesome and experiment with weather, damage??? aswell maybe *shrugs*

buggie_brain
27-07-2015, 10:24
Yes essteedee, I like it

spidey11
27-07-2015, 12:01
sounds good. lets get a full lobby and have a play with some settings.

random weather, damage on, mechanical failures all on a bunch of different tracks. I'm happy to stick with the clip cup's for a few races due to the close racing :)

updated first post.

jason
27-07-2015, 14:23
Sounds great

jason
27-07-2015, 21:13
Yeah I don't think we need to do structured races every night either , gets a bit much trying to get on all the time :( .....Like your idea Chris ......

EMScooter
27-07-2015, 23:01
Count me in if there is room.

jason
27-07-2015, 23:05
If we are having a few races I will drop in and out for you scooter so you get a crack as well. If needed.

spidey11
28-07-2015, 01:40
Plenty of room boys. Looking forward to a fun night :)

Anyone keen to try the tyre wear out in the clios going from race1 - x2, race2 - x4, race3 - x6 and so on to see the progression?

hkraft300
28-07-2015, 02:12
Plenty of room boys. Looking forward to a fun night :)

Anyone keen to try the tyre wear out in the clios going from race1 - x2, race2 - x4, race3 - x6 and so on to see the progression?

Ahh maybe just stick to x4 or x6 to force a stop and keep it steady?
Race 1 pit strategy will be a cluster fuck for anyone who hasn't practiced (me lol) but we can make up for it a little in other races.

farmerboy
28-07-2015, 08:26
Wont be around tonight fellas. Have a great night, don't let buggie win too many.

NicoHulkenberg27
28-07-2015, 11:49
didn't receive any invitations....:(
have been waiting for an hr
btw
Have a great night guys
see you next time

buggie_brain
28-07-2015, 12:21
The lobby was full mate. Try again now because a few have left

spidey11
28-07-2015, 12:45
didn't receive any invitations....:(
have been waiting for an hr
btw
Have a great night guys
see you next time

Sorry Loklun, we had a few full lobby races at the start but i got your msg's during racing and forgot to read them while in the garage. Sorry bro. Hope you can make it for Wednesday night racing :)

jason
28-07-2015, 21:49
Great evening guys . thank you all once again

It was nice to mix things up with the weather and car types , the rain in the last race with the fog "sheesh" I't had my concentration levels at maximum , sitting in cockpit view the entire time was perhaps a mistake but it was worth it .

I watched a couple of replays prior to going to bed . The racing from my point of view was nice , mostly clean and competitive , eesteedee +1 for entertainment value :) ......... Great turnout , it shows how much people are enjoying the group they are playing with when you have a full lobby like that , without any bullshit no complaining no bagging just good old fun.

As Chris and esssteedee where talking about last night we should be vary careful not to get too serious within our own core group " we have it soooo good at the moment " lets keep it that way , let's help each other with tunes and so on to further the experience for everyone.

When you see me pop online , I'm not one who plays public lobbies very often , if at all , but I'm more then happy to have a chat do a few laps in a quieter environment with who ever is on , I enjoy hot lapping and having a chat ....Its theraputic :) .... Roozy , Haze , Eesssteedee, buggie brain , Spidey and myself do it from time to time . At the end of the day you form a friendship and gain respect for the other person and its worth every minute.

Chris I see that your stable online also , your car hasn't disappeared online at all , that's great.

Cheers to a great bunch of lads

Happy days

spidey11
29-07-2015, 04:35
I'll see if I can post a short video or two over the next few nights :) great racing last night

farmerboy
29-07-2015, 05:28
Just want to echo what Jason said 2 posts up. You do really have a great bunch of guys here, especially the core ones that seem to be on all the time. Really makes the online racing all the more enjoyable when you know that the other guys are there to help. The collaborative atmosphere really contributes to fostering a great attitude across the group.

It's been great for a newcomer like me, I've never felt like anyones looking down at me or thinking "What's he doing here?" even though I'm admittedly pretty green. Just been a bit light on for involvement (for one reason or another, mostly because I like playing other games as well) but I hope to rectify that as I finish up some of the games I've been playing. If that ever becomes a problem, let me know.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun last night, not sure how I would have been in the wet!

I can see this group getting bigger and bigger. Hope you got plans for when that happens ;)

jason
29-07-2015, 05:49
Yeah , I can see it growing as well :) , I guess we should have something in place for that eventuality .

I'm glad you feel comfortable and I'm sure most people would as its pretty easy going , couldn't see it ever being a problem because you enjoy something else :)
Lately I cant seem to get as much game time as I would like .

I like to play other games to farmboy .........I haven't done since getting project cars .

I have a few I need to complete also.

Aliens 1/2 finished
Dying Light 3/4 finished
Blood Bourne 1/100 finished :D
Far cry 4.... haven't really started that .

ChrisK
29-07-2015, 07:17
Enough with the love already you f@ckin pansies.

farmerboy
29-07-2015, 07:47
LOL