PDA

View Full Version : Australian Club Event - Wednesday 29 July 2015

spidey11
25-07-2015, 14:01
This thread is for the Wednesday night race.

Wednesday race:
Donnington Park National.

Race time:
Wednesday. AEST of 9:30pm (2130hrs) lobby will then start with 15 minute qualifying.

Car class:
GT4 class. Choose any GT4 vehicle you wish.

Race1:
Qualifying result is the starting position you will race from. Standing start as normal, 12 laps with one mandatory pit stop, it is your choice whether or not to change tyres as TYRE WEAR WILL BE x6. We've done x6 tyre wear before but a handy hint is to check your pit stop settings carefully, including tyre pressures.

Race2:
Reverse grid from results of race1. First lap is formation and everything else is the same.

All driving assists allowed, if you don't use them you don't have to, but I'm not forcing the people who need them or like them to go without.

List of racers:
Buggie_brain
Sneekynute11
EMScooter
Furters
Essteedee
Spidey11
Loklun319523
Bundyrumdan

NicoHulkenberg27
25-07-2015, 14:56
Love GT4
will join the race

spidey11
27-07-2015, 07:44
Aussie/Nz boys, do we have the usual racers turning up for this event?

buggie_brain
27-07-2015, 07:50
Im usually out on Wednesdays but at 9:30 i might be able to make it. Not sure at this stage

Woffu
27-07-2015, 07:56
I'll be there mate. Don't get to play this enough

Essteedee
28-07-2015, 23:15
I'm in see ya tonight !

Furters
29-07-2015, 00:51
I'm in.

EMScooter
29-07-2015, 02:46
I will try to get there.

hkraft300
29-07-2015, 10:18
Count me in for tonight, Spidey. Sorry for the recent no-shows.

NicoHulkenberg27
29-07-2015, 10:23
dont forget me tonight haha

spidey11
29-07-2015, 11:22
thats cool kraft and loklun, starting now

NicoHulkenberg27
29-07-2015, 12:45
Qualifying : Affected by other cars and the track limit , not the best time .
Race1: Good Race despite 8th finish (
Silly Pit Strategic , and had some Contact with IronMask, both of us out of Track, Sorry about that although i dont know whose fault or it was a racing incident? haha

Race 2: Fantastic
amazing race 2 (GT4)
unexpected podium .really excited about that
Good Race guys!
Love racing with you guys

ChrisK
29-07-2015, 13:11
Thanks boys for another great night !

hkraft300
29-07-2015, 13:50
Damn Internet.
Started lagging race 1 lap 7/12 then disconnected me, both races :(
Thought I'd start at the back in race 2 in case I was still lagging, disconnected again on formation lap. Grrr
Still fun while it lasted. Always good fun to run with this little club of ours. I don't get to do it often enough!

jason
29-07-2015, 21:33
I hope you guys had a good one , I'm sorry I missed it , I need to manage my time a little better in future .........Stayed up until 12 Monday , 12 Tuesday playing and fell asleep on the couch at 9 last night .

So at the moment we are Wednesday and Thursdays for the track days ? every week . If so I will stay off Mondays as the misses is getting needy for some reason? (wants my Body all the time ) not likely ! ;)

Woffu
29-07-2015, 23:11
Sorry about leaving only after a few laps last night. My wheel went nuts on laps 2 it started to lose force feedback then just started turning when it wanted. After I left I unplugged it and let it rest for a few minutes. Then when I plugged it back in it wouldnt calibrate. It would turn left a little bit but real slow then it would turn left really fast and hit the stops then it spins back to centre then spins really fast to the left again and smashes into the stops u till I unplug it.
I read about this somewhere but can't find anywhere to help fix it.
Any of you guys know anything that could help me out?
It's a thrustmaster t300. Only had it for 2 months and I think it's broken :(

jason
29-07-2015, 23:17
There was a post the other day about someone receiving a re calibrating file from thrustmaster , I will look for it .

http://thrustmaster-calibration-tool.software.informer.com/ good luck :(

ChrisK
29-07-2015, 23:31
Sorry about leaving only after a few laps last night. My wheel went nuts on laps 2 it started to lose force feedback then just started turning when it wanted. After I left I unplugged it and let it rest for a few minutes. Then when I plugged it back in it wouldnt calibrate. It would turn left a little bit but real slow then it would turn left really fast and hit the stops then it spins back to centre then spins really fast to the left again and smashes into the stops u till I unplug it.
I read about this somewhere but can't find anywhere to help fix it.
Any of you guys know anything that could help me out?
It's a thrustmaster t300. Only had it for 2 months and I think it's broken :(

Try this first cos you can do it from the ps4
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00158.pdf

If that doesn't work, do a full wheel reset and update the firmware...but this needs to be done via PC.
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/T300RS/T300RS_Bootloader_V24_Dec2014.pdf

Woffu
29-07-2015, 23:32
There was a post the other day about someone receiving a re calibrating file from thrustmaster , I will look for it .

http://thrustmaster-calibration-tool.software.informer.com/ good luck :(
Thanks Jason. I found that thread but doesn't sound real good tho. I'll have to wait till Friday arvo to try it. Hope it works but I have a bad feeling about this.

Woffu
30-07-2015, 01:37
Try this first cos you can do it from the ps4
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00158.pdf

If that doesn't work, do a full wheel reset and update the firmware...but this needs to be done via PC.
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/T300RS/T300RS_Bootloader_V24_Dec2014.pdf
Thanks Chris. I'll try all this tomorrow night when I get home and let you know how it goes. Cheers for the help guys.

ChrisK
30-07-2015, 09:11
What...no comment on my genius pole lap 3s from the end of session ?

spidey11
30-07-2015, 09:43
Cheeky boy.. do it again tonight :cool:

ChrisK
30-07-2015, 10:06
lol

spidey11
30-07-2015, 10:07
I'm working on that replay from the gt4 wet race room, hopefully have it up before racing tonight :)

ChrisK
30-07-2015, 10:09
I saved the replay aswell. A lot of fun to watch. The only problem is that in the save replay function, in cockpit view the wipers aren't going which is extremely annoying cos you can't see anything out of the windscreen.

Bundyrumdan
30-07-2015, 10:11
Can I race tonight if there are any spots left please?

ChrisK
30-07-2015, 10:21
Of course

spidey11
30-07-2015, 10:50
Of course buddy.

Rooz i found a tip for the replays. If you get the replay all the way to the end, then hold down the L2 button which rewinds it, it takes away the water droplets from your windscreen for the entire duration you hold the L2 button down for then when you let go of the L2, it plays that section without any rain on the windscreen.

I've almost finished my vid and you'll see :)

ChrisK
30-07-2015, 15:05
Thanks Chris. I'll try all this tomorrow night when I get home and let you know how it goes. Cheers for the help guys.

How'd it go buddy ?

Woffu
30-07-2015, 21:23
How'd it go buddy ?
Hey mate. I havnt been home yet to try those things that you guys suggested. As soon as I get home tonight I'll be trying to sort it out. I'm not that great on computers tho so I hope I can understand it all. Hope it's just something simple

jason
30-07-2015, 21:29
sneeky , you are more then welcome to give me a call and I will talk you through if need be .

message me on psn if you need assistance

Woffu
31-07-2015, 11:20
sneeky , you are more then welcome to give me a call and I will talk you through if need be .

message me on psn if you need assistance

Cheers mate. I had a go tonight but didn't have any luck not sure if I'm doing something wrong tho so I think I'll take u up on that offer when you have some free time i really appreciate it.
I've emailed thrustmaster but still waiting to hear back.
I'm going to leave it for awhile as iv cracked the shits with it. I'll msg you on psn about a time we can have a go at it.
Cheers

IronMask75
03-08-2015, 00:50
Qualifying : Affected by other cars and the track limit , not the best time .
Race1: Good Race despite 8th finish (
Silly Pit Strategic , and had some Contact with IronMask, both of us out of Track, Sorry about that although i dont know whose fault or it was a racing incident? haha

Race 2: Fantastic
amazing race 2 (GT4)
unexpected podium .really excited about that
Good Race guys!
Love racing with you guys

Yeah, I'm not sure either, mate. All I remember in race 1 was getting a decent start for once and getting the inside run on a couple of cars on the right side of the main straight, then I got pushed off onto the grass on the right side, before getting back on the track and braking for the inside line for turn 1. Got half way through that turn and got contact in the rear quarter panel, then magnet cars took over and I ended up in the sand trap on the left side of turn 1. Re-entered track in last place.

Didn't get a chance to test on this track before the race so default settings and tried a pit strategy of 8 laps on medium tires followed by a short fuel and switch to softs. Clawed my way back to 6th in the end thanks to others taking themselves out, which meant I started 5th or 6th for the reverse grid. With nothing to lose I thought I would use a soft tire stint and change mid race onto softs again, but I didn't really find I was losing lap time as the race progressed. I think in the end I pitted on lap 10 and just got a splash of fuel and did the last 3 laps on the soft tires I started with, which was enough to hold on to 2nd place after Rooz passed me in the pits.

I think I need to pay more attention to who is in front of me on the start grid and be a bit more vocal about where I am on the track if I'm passing at the start. If that was you I got along side with at the start loklun, then you probably didn't know I was there, which is my fault, because with the better start I should have called out that I was on your inside. At the time I just didn't know who it was.