PDA

View Full Version : enough is enough.....

spottydog1971
26-07-2015, 20:08
Just a little rant.while I love project cars it's got so much potential the main reason I bought was for online play. I bought the game on day one put up with the problems and waited patiently for patch 2. I have now had it, I can't get an online game. When eventually I do get into a lobby I get the padlock sign on the drive part and that's as far as I get it stays like that for 20 mins and I switch off xbox in frustration. Please please help/ sort out !!!!! Rant over ...

nissan4ever
26-07-2015, 23:16
support.xbox.com

Click on this

DAT trashman
27-07-2015, 02:05
Sorry but the problem/problems he is talking about has nothing to do with the current xbox live outage(drive button being locked). It's been going on for awhile now and has nothing to do with MS and everything to do with SMS.

AdM1
27-07-2015, 02:10
I've had zero issues the last 3 hours on live. In fact it's been bloody great fun tonight, less idiots about.

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 02:22
Sorry but the problem/problems he is talking about has nothing to do with the current xbox live outage(drive button being locked). It's been going on for awhile now and has nothing to do with MS and everything to do with SMS.
I never had the lock problem, so I can't say anything about it. I'm just think maybe the current xbox live status has something to do with his troubles from today.

I've had zero issues the last 3 hours on live. In fact it's been bloody great fun tonight, less idiots about.
Yeah, I can see that you and some other friends are playing Pcars and other games. Other friends and I can't even launch netflix or youtube. Not a big deal for me, I can play when it comes back to normal, but some people are getting crazy ahauhaua.

BiggNasty187
27-07-2015, 02:23
support.xbox.com

Click on this

This was not very helpful. In fact even though that was not directed towards me, I feel disrespected.

Since your in the habit of not posting anything useful, let's see what other useless crap you have to share with us!?!

As for the original poster, I know this is frustrating, but I usually bounce back and forth between "join random game" and searching with the lobby search tool. I usually get in after 2 or 3 tries.

Also, if your seeing that the drive option is locked, a hard reset of yourXBOX may be what is needed. Try putting your xbox in power save mode if you havent already done so. I hope this helps.

AdM1
27-07-2015, 02:24
I never had the lock problem, so I can't say anything about it. I'm just think maybe the current xbox live status has something to do with his troubles from today.

Yeah, I can see that you and some other friends are playing Pcars and other games. Other friends and I can't even launch netflix or youtube. Not a big deal for me, I can play when it comes back to normal, but some people are getting crazy ahauhaua.

I kinda hoped it wouldn't work tonight as I was supposed to have an early night lol.

I guess its just affecting some people and then others are getting zero problems.

nissan4ever
27-07-2015, 02:40
This was not very helpful. In fact even though that was not directed towards me, I feel disrespected.

Since your in the habit of not posting anything useful, let's see what other useless crap you have to share with us!?!

As for the original poster, I know this is frustrating, but I usually bounce back and forth between "join random game" and searching with the lobby search tool. I usually get in after 2 or 3 tries.

Also, if your seeing that the drive option is locked, a hard reset of yourXBOX may be what is needed. Try putting your xbox in power save mode if you havent already done so. I hope this helps.

I disagree. There was a problem with Xbox Live tonight. Reported by various online gaming sites & retweeted by Xbox Live's Major Nelson. OP clearly stated he had serious trouble even getting into a lobby online. Which would be related to Xbox Live problem. When he did get into a lobby, then he in countered the drive lock bug (which will be fixed in next patch for consoles).

nissan4ever
27-07-2015, 02:46

Spottydog1971 I have now had it, I can't get an online game. When eventually I do get into a lobby I get the padlock sign on the drive part and that's as far as I get it stays like that for 20 mins and I switch off xbox in frustration

He said when he eventually gets into a lobby, then he gets drive lock bug. The first part of getting into a lobby was probably even longer than usual due to Xbox Live having problems today.

widcard
27-07-2015, 03:40
Just a little rant.while I love project cars it's got so much potential the main reason I bought was for online play. I bought the game on day one put up with the problems and waited patiently for patch 2. I have now had it, I can't get an online game. When eventually I do get into a lobby I get the padlock sign on the drive part and that's as far as I get it stays like that for 20 mins and I switch off xbox in frustration. Please please help/ sort out !!!!! Rant over ...

Hang in there, we all get the padlock, I have night's after 30 minutes of searching the first two will be locked and the next one will go. Their working on it.

DAT trashman
27-07-2015, 03:46
He said when he eventually gets into a lobby, then he gets drive lock bug. The first part of getting into a lobby was probably even longer than usual due to Xbox Live having problems today.

I was not trying to be nasty(like bignasty) was just pointing out that his main problem was the locked drive button. I do understand that the xbox live outage would make it take longer to even find a match but it takes a while to find a match on xbox anyway for everyone I know. Again was not trying to be rude.

Adolfus
27-07-2015, 16:20
This happens on PS4 also. The patch they just released on PC is supposed to fix it. However we still got to wait on ps4 and xbox to get their patch. I give to about 60 seconds and then just leave and hop in again. Normally this allows me in.

Cliffyboy1962
28-07-2015, 06:39
Not long till Forza 6. All our woes will be long forgotten. Ooooooohh, was I just being extremely controversial. Well, I am fed up with so many issues. SMS had better beware, Forza is coming !!

TheReaper GT
28-07-2015, 06:42
Not long till Forza 6. All our woes will be long forgotten. Ooooooohh, was I just being extremely controversial. Well, I am fed up with so many issues. SMS had better beware, Forza is coming !!

Yeah.... sure....

Cliffyboy1962
28-07-2015, 06:55
If it works online at release, which I imagine it will, Pcars online will be just be so much tumbleweed blowing down the track. SMS, don't be complacent.

TrevorAustin
28-07-2015, 07:01

No, juat a bit pathetic. I'm looking forward to it coming our a lot too. You and your type will be elsewhere:)

yusupov
28-07-2015, 07:06
one thing i will say about forza, its a damn shame msft wont bring it to PC. really hoped that might happen with windows 10 launching, maybe a first dx12 title...coulda made a ton. i find it so hard to believe console exclusives actually sell nearly enough consoles to make them worthwhile.

chris4652009
28-07-2015, 07:19

Don't think they are that fussed tbh, Project CARS 2 is on the way and it will be completely fixed before release after a few long delays, as per Project Cars 1 so you'll all buy that and forget about Forza 6...................

Oh wait

Cliffyboy1962
28-07-2015, 08:55
No, juat a bit pathetic. I'm looking forward to it coming our a lot too. You and your type will be elsewhere:)

If by "My type" you mean people who love sim racing but despite having a great deal of patience, really just want a title that works properly, then yes, we will be elsewhere. Good luck finding a race online after September 15th.

TheReaper GT
28-07-2015, 08:58
If by "My type" you mean people who love sim racing but despite having a great deal of patience, really just want a title that works properly, then yes, we will be elsewhere. Good luck finding a race online after September 15th.

So you love Sim racing but is going to play forza... I see

chris4652009
28-07-2015, 09:12
So you love Sim racing but is going to play forza... I see

Grow up

chris4652009
28-07-2015, 09:14

Well said. it is clear where the Project Cars "community" is heading.

TheReaper GT
28-07-2015, 09:17
Grow up

Don't be mad, forza is cool, go for it kid.

Cliffyboy1962
28-07-2015, 09:25
Don't be mad, forza is cool, go for it kid.

Whilst I would love to get into another Forza v Pcars discussion, suffice to say, they are both great games. Pcars is groundbreaking, breathtaking and broken. Forza 6 may end up being slightly less of a sim but has so SO much more to offer than Pcars and probably won't be broken. The decision is ours.

TheReaper GT
28-07-2015, 09:29
Whilst I would love to get into another Forza v Pcars discussion, suffice to say, they are both great games. Pcars is groundbreaking, breathtaking and broken. Forza 6 may end up being slightly less of a sim but has so SO much more to offer than Pcars and probably won't be broken. The decision is ours.
Terminology had nothing to do with bad or good, forza 6 will be awesome, certainly better than the piece of crap forza 5 was. I hope at least it would bring back the fm4 fun. But, forza is not a Sim, and that's it.about online, all games outside major racing leagues or subscription based games are the same blood bath and forza for sure is the worst of them all, with the obscenity liveries and rammers in 100% of public lobbies. The only way to have good online races, no matter in what game, is to race with people you know. For me project cars is pure fun, as forza 4 was.

chris4652009
28-07-2015, 09:33
"Beginner in simulators, eager to learn" .

.....Or evidently not that eager to learn.

TheReaper GT
28-07-2015, 09:36
.....Or evidently not that eager to learn.
I'm learning right now, by your mistakes.

Cliffyboy1962
28-07-2015, 09:50
With respect, Forza IS a simulator. About online, at least you can get a race online in Forza. I was a racer with virtual motorsports, a great online racing community using Forza 4 & 5 and had many great races with those guys but when organised events aren't available, it's nice to be able to get a race online whenever you want with a minimum of fuss and failure.

MadMuhammad6
28-07-2015, 09:56
Don't think they are that fussed tbh, Project CARS 2 is on the way and it will be completely fixed before release after a few long delays, as per Project Cars 1 so you'll all buy that and forget about Forza 6...................

Oh wait

And the pest returns. Bzzzzzzzzz......

Psychomatrix
28-07-2015, 09:58

Oh wait

Project cars is minimun 2 years away. Main focus should be on pc1.the game will never be completly fixed. Fixing minor issues will cost more than it's worth. Every racinggame have minor issues.

Plato99
28-07-2015, 10:00
Terminology had nothing to do with bad or good, forza 6 will be awesome, certainly better than the piece of crap forza 5 was. I hope at least it would bring back the fm4 fun. But, forza is not a Sim, and that's it.about online, all games outside major racing leagues or subscription based games are the same blood bath and forza for sure is the worst of them all, with the obscenity liveries and rammers in 100% of public lobbies. The only way to have good online races, no matter in what game, is to race with people you know. For me project cars is pure fun, as forza 4 was.

You forgot the Khmer Rouge running their forum handing out 25 year bans for inadvertently "selling" a livery with someone else's logo on it.......

Scav3nger
28-07-2015, 10:04
Can we get back on topic or let this thread go now? Another thread turning into "pCARS 2 soon am i rite guyz?" or "Forza 6 is going to be better lololol" somewhere down the line is not what we need around here.

AngelBrow
28-07-2015, 10:10
Enough is enough!
Time to get these m****rf***ing SNAKES OFF THIS M****RF****ING plane.

Time to strap yourselfs in.

Cliffyboy1962
28-07-2015, 10:23
but Forza 6 is going to better Lololol !! :D

FA RACING 01
28-07-2015, 10:29
but Forza 6 is going to better Lololol !! :D

Yeah and because it's a SIM. Wait it's not. Oh yeas it is, No ! ..............................