PDA

View Full Version : T300 FFB setup, state of wheel FFB in general.

C6ckneyGeezer
26-07-2015, 21:17
Well imo FFB and the game in general is getting there. At this point I think the FFB in general is the best it's been and can only get better, I hope.

I just wanted to ask you guys with the T300, what are your settings?

Im using everything default except all deadzones set to 0, FFB at 100 and TF at 55.

I feel that alot of cars feel great like Formula Rookie for example. However alot of cars, mainly FWD cars are still un driveable imo. No real feel and heavy steering with no actual feedback to enjoy. Im not sure weather this is due to wheel settings or car specific?

Ive tried Jack Spades settings but imo the benefit is not a great improvement to justify sitting there changing settings for every car!

I still find myself wanting to play the game, spending more time in the settings menu then on the track, getting frustrated and turning it off. Theres been very in depth posts about FFB and settings etc but they all turn out far from perfect and in general baffle me, which also lead me to being in the settings menu's more than on the track lol.

Is there such thing as a perfect setup for ALL the cars? Im fed up with getting things feeling good, then try a different car and FFB feels horrible. Im an ex karter, the karts feel horrible!! I can even keep them in a straight line! FWD drive cars have heavy steering with no feel! Other cars like atom have serious understeer which you can't feel through the wheel at all! The list goes on. Even with a car I think feels great like the F Rookie, progessive and consistant lap times are very hard to achieve and handling and road feel very hard to judge.

Am I chasing a FFB unicorn with this game?

Your thoughts and constructive comments very welcome!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
27-07-2015, 04:46
Default except for: FFB main 100, Tire force 55, and Jack Spade's Bumps Plus--as close as possible, like 26 or 28 for a recommendation of 27, depending on whether I want it slightly lighter or heavier per car. No, it's not fun to set manually, but I like the feel a lot more than default settings. It just works. Once I set it it feels right, and I never worry about it again.

Here's a tip: If you do it in the Garage, you can change the FFB settings and save to all locations, so at least you only have to do it once per car.

jason
27-07-2015, 04:58
With regards to formula cars you always feel more then a road car as per the travel in the shocks .

1st...... Try raising the tyre force on its own first run a formula car , make sure its not to out of control ( e.g wheel shacking out of control ) .... at a good point go to you sedan and have a try at that .....see how you go .

If you are not happy with that put your tyre force back

2nd.......My suggestion is you raise some f values and sop values to get some more feeling in the sedans as there shocks have a lot more travel and they not as close to the ground as formula cars. You will never get the same feeling from your sedan as you will from your f cars. Do 1 f value at a time so you understand what difference it makes ....... or one sop value .........This takes time but understanding this you will benefit in the long run.

You will how ever get a very satisfactory feeling by raising some of the values per car......

RichE
27-07-2015, 14:23
I think this is a T300 only issue and have resorted to turning the FFB down to 75/

LordDRIFT
27-07-2015, 14:29
Calibration default except for zero steering and pedal deadzones and ffb 75 ; TF 70.

MS DEFAULT 26
FX 70
FY 40
FZ 120
Mz 100
All else default

SOP SCALE 26
Lat 60
Diff 100

Word of caution when I got my Second t300 I had to dial down my master scales from 34 to 24 to get the same feeling of my then settings. Either the first wheel was dying a slow death or TM uses very loose tolerances between products. Ymmv. This setup yields a fairly light steering. This is what I prefer. But overall it's very communicative, but a little on the twitchy side at speed. Basically feels like modern power assisted steering. I've had success across many cars. karts are a different story all together but generally lowering the steering ratio is required. I only raced karts to get zero to hero. Ive never gone back after getting the championships under my belt

LordDRIFT
27-07-2015, 16:08
Default except for: FFB main 100, Tire force 55, and Jack Spade's Bumps Plus--as close as possible, like 26 or 28 for a recommendation of 27, depending on whether I want it slightly lighter or heavier per car. No, it's not fun to set manually, but I like the feel a lot more than default settings. It just works. Once I set it it feels right, and I never worry about it again.

Here's a tip: If you do it in the Garage, you can change the FFB settings and save to all locations, so at least you only have to do it once per car.

Only issue with this is that the baseline settings per track are all changed.

C6ckneyGeezer
27-07-2015, 19:42
Looks like I will give spades settings another try. Don't think ive tried them with patch 2.0....

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
28-07-2015, 06:26
Only issue with this is that the baseline settings per track are all changed.

I thought the defaults were the same, in which case as long as it's the first time you're adjusting the car, and you just change FFB, they wouldn't change. If the defaults are different I guess they would.

rams1de
28-07-2015, 08:20
Looks like I will give spades settings another try. Don't think ive tried them with patch 2.0....

Patch 2.0 transformed the T300, previously the centre spring was making it almost impossible to get a good feel for the car, ie handling as well as FFB.

Centre spring is still on but it's reduced it enough to get really nice feedback with JS' settings.

Gaz B 007
28-07-2015, 14:24
Well imo FFB and the game in general is getting there. At this point I think the FFB in general is the best it's been and can only get better, I hope.

I just wanted to ask you guys with the T300, what are your settings?

Im using everything default except all deadzones set to 0, FFB at 100 and TF at 55.

I feel that alot of cars feel great like Formula Rookie for example. However alot of cars, mainly FWD cars are still un driveable imo. No real feel and heavy steering with no actual feedback to enjoy. Im not sure weather this is due to wheel settings or car specific?

Ive tried Jack Spades settings but imo the benefit is not a great improvement to justify sitting there changing settings for every car!

I still find myself wanting to play the game, spending more time in the settings menu then on the track, getting frustrated and turning it off. Theres been very in depth posts about FFB and settings etc but they all turn out far from perfect and in general baffle me, which also lead me to being in the settings menu's more than on the track lol.

Is there such thing as a perfect setup for ALL the cars? Im fed up with getting things feeling good, then try a different car and FFB feels horrible. Im an ex karter, the karts feel horrible!! I can even keep them in a straight line! FWD drive cars have heavy steering with no feel! Other cars like atom have serious understeer which you can't feel through the wheel at all! The list goes on. Even with a car I think feels great like the F Rookie, progessive and consistant lap times are very hard to achieve and handling and road feel very hard to judge.

Am I chasing a FFB unicorn with this game?

Your thoughts and constructive comments very welcome!

Once out on track (after deciding your FFB strength, Tire Force, etc)... my tip would be to start by adjusting Mz Scale before anything else. Increasing/decreasing this will give you a better idea of how you want the wheel (weight) to feel without changing the feel of anything else such as the road feel or kerbs. Find a wheel weight that your happy with before moving on to other settings like road feel (Fy) and kerbs (Fz).

Unfortunately, there is no perfect setup that anyone can give you as FFB is more of a player preference type of thing. And although I agree at times it can get frustrating when you can't find that perfect feel, you just have to keep working in the settings until you find a good balance. But, I find if you start with Mz, it's a big help in setting up FFB in half the time it would normally take me using other methods.

I could give you my settings, but I assume they would feel very different as I'm using a T500 and not a T300 like yourself.

Roger Prynne
28-07-2015, 14:25
^^^ Good advice.

LordDRIFT
28-07-2015, 15:08
Once out on track (after deciding your FFB strength, Tire Force, etc)... my tip would be to start by adjusting Mz Scale before anything else. Increasing/decreasing this will give you a better idea of how you want the wheel (weight) to feel without changing the feel of anything else such as the road feel or kerbs. Find a wheel weight that your happy with before moving on to other settings like road feel (Fy) and kerbs (Fx).

Unfortunately, there is no perfect setup that anyone can give you as FFB is more of a player preference type of thing. And although I agree at times it can get frustrating when you can't find that perfect feel, you just have to keep working in the settings until you find a good balance. But, I find if you start with Mz, it's a big help in setting up FFB in half the time it would normally take me using other methods. By making Mz the starting point of my 'per car FFB tuning' I am able to leave Tire Force at 100 at all times and still find a nice feel that I like.

I could give you my settings, but I assume they would feel very different as I'm using a T500 and not a T300 like yourself.

Ive found Mz only affects weight as relates to loss of grip. Increasing or decreasing does not affect weight as long as the car is at 100% grip.
Fy affects wheel weight the most of all the in car settings. This is felt as side to side weight transfer.
fz is road feel in addition to kerbs etc.
fx is braking. Most felt while braking with the wheel turned. You will feel the wheel pull to the outside corner. 2.0 amped this big time. Before 2.0 the steering would stiffen but I don't remember it having this violent pull. Dialed in it feels very realistic(not so violent) however.
Now 2.0 brought some weirdness in the way mz reacts. All else zero mz will register on the the chart if you go off road - this might make sense if the tires are losing grip due to hopping, but I feel it as vibration in the wheel which is odd and not how it behaved prior to 2.0. I wish sms would summarize the change they made to the ffb system when they release these patches.

Ps the OP asked for folks to share their t300 setting.

LordDRIFT
28-07-2015, 15:11
I thought the defaults were the same, in which case as long as it's the first time you're adjusting the car, and you just change FFB, they wouldn't change. If the defaults are different I guess they would.

I'm pretty sure it changes. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Titzon Toast
28-07-2015, 16:25
https://youtu.be/aMXSNDwaWLg

This is an old video but it might still have some merit to it, even though the guy is using a G25 on a PC the principles should still be the same.

Gaz B 007
28-07-2015, 17:27
Ive found Mz only affects weight as relates to loss of grip. Increasing or decreasing does not affect weight as long as the car is at 100% grip.
Fy affects wheel weight the most of all the in car settings. This is felt as side to side weight transfer.
fz is road feel in addition to kerbs etc.
fx is braking. Most felt while braking with the wheel turned. You will feel the wheel pull to the outside corner. 2.0 amped this big time. Before 2.0 the steering would stiffen but I don't remember it having this violent pull. Dialed in it feels very realistic(not so violent) however.
Now 2.0 brought some weirdness in the way mz reacts. All else zero mz will register on the the chart - this might make sense if the tires are losing grip due to hopping, but I feel it as vibration in the wheel which is odd and not how it behaved prior to 2.0. I wish sms would summarize the change they made to the ffb system when they release these patches.

Ps the OP asked for folks to share their t300 setting.

Yeah I didn't mean 'weight' so to speak, sort of... smoother, it's really hard to explain in text. It's more of a you need to feel it type of thing.

LordDRIFT
28-07-2015, 17:48
Yeah I didn't mean 'weight' so to speak, sort of... smoother, it's really hard to explain in text. It's more of a you need to feel it type of thing.

Gotcha. I use the approach of tuning around Mz as well.