PDA

View Full Version : My Bentley GT3 has disappeared, any thoughts?

Braken99
27-07-2015, 01:05
I bought the pack with the bentley gt3 a couple of months ago and now its gone.
I was planning to practice for a league race for sat. Thoughts?
This problem is on xboxone.

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 01:09

Try to make sure if the pack is installed. Xbox Live is unstable in a very bad state today. If the pack is indeed installed, go to your network settings and turn your xbox offline.

OpticalHercules
27-07-2015, 02:26
Because the Bentley is DLC content, your issue may be related to what SOi TheReaper posted above. Going to offline mode should fix it for you until the Live troubles are resolved. Seems like only those people who bought the game digitally are having problems, as well as DLC for everyone who's having problems. I play from disk install and have had 0 issues in the last few hours.

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 02:29
Because the Bentley is DLC content, your issue may be related to what SOi TheReaper posted above. Going to offline mode should fix it for you until the Live troubles are resolved. Seems like only those people who bought the game digitally are having problems, as well as DLC for everyone who's having problems. I play from disk install and have had 0 issues in the last few hours.

Sounds about right, most disc games are working, in my case, the only two discs I have (BF4 and GTA V) are not working... but I have DLC content for both, so makes sense...

nissan4ever
27-07-2015, 02:31

Always check here first support.xbox.com
If you are experiencing anything out of the norm with your Xbox Console. 9 times out of 10, it's related to Xbox Live.

Rockefelluh
27-07-2015, 03:28
Always check here first support.xbox.com
If you are experiencing anything out of the norm with your Xbox Console. 9 times out of 10, it's related to Xbox Live.

9 out of 10 huh? ;)

Braken99
27-07-2015, 03:37
Thanks for the help everyone. I'd like to mention I know there are issues here and there. I've done about 400 online races and I still give Project cars a 9.5 out of 10 with the Thrustmaster TX.

Thank you.

nissan4ever
27-07-2015, 05:11
9 out of 10 huh? ;)

Yes :) LOL

OpticalHercules
27-07-2015, 07:21
9 out of 10 huh? ;)

I really do think much of the matchmaking problems this game has are tied to Xbox Live and player density. The locked drive button is a different issue, but as far as only finding near empty lobbies, the "full lobby" error (the text is PCars, the cause is Live), the D/C's. Player density does go back to SMS, but if there's not many people playing that Live can pair you with, you won't be paired. I'm not stating this as fact, just my opinion and speculation.

Rockefelluh
27-07-2015, 14:18
I really do think much of the matchmaking problems this game has are tied to Xbox Live and player density. The locked drive button is a different issue, but as far as only finding near empty lobbies, the "full lobby" error (the text is PCars, the cause is Live), the D/C's. Player density does go back to SMS, but if there's not many people playing that Live can pair you with, you won't be paired. I'm not stating this as fact, just my opinion and speculation.

This is off topic but player density doesn't seem to affect other MP games as much.

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 14:20
This is off topic but player density doesn't seem to affect other MP games as much.

I think he is talking about project cars player density, not overall. Xbox has millions of players, that's a fact.

OpticalHercules
27-07-2015, 17:50
I think he is talking about project cars player density, not overall. Xbox has millions of players, that's a fact.

Absolutely. It's not fair at all to compare connection issues between FM5 and PCars because of this alone. Multplayer experience, yes, but actually connecting to and playing with others, no. As I've posted in an other thread, I notice when playing some other games solo (Destiny, for example), I am always put into lobbies/worlds with other players who are clearly from the same geographic region that I am. I always see GamerTags with area coded close to where I am, from Bay Area to Riverside and some North County San Diego players. When I am playing in a live party with a friend of mine who lives in TX (and on a much slower connection than mine), I never see local area codes, but rather see codes from near where he's at, Dallas region. Live obviously prioritizes connections closest to you and with the best latency, as it should.

Now compare that logic to PCars. PCars never had the playerbase that a game like Destiny did, and since release that base has dwindled even further because of people fed up with the bugs. This can be confirmed by talking to Game Store employees who in some cases won't buy back PCars because they have so many used copies already. It has been noted that the "Full Party" error has gotten worse/more frequent since release, and that is a correlation to back up what I'm saying above. Since we know Live prioritizes connections based on region, is it any less logical to assume that Live also filters non-party connections to a certain threshold of latency? IF you're in a Live party, Live will force the connection no matter how bad, but if you're solo then Live won't even attempt to give you a connection that isn't up to whatever it's par level is.

How many copies of most other MP-heavy games have been sold, how many does it show online at any given time? (I know Black Ops 2 used to show you in the MP menu). I have no idea what PCar's current sales are, but they did report their 1-millionth sale several weeks ago, and we know that Xbox makes up approx. 35% of those sales. So even by the standard of 4-6weeks ago, which we know was slightly better on the Full Lobby error, we know there were approx. 350,000xbox copies sold, and if even 1% of those copies are on multilayer at any given time (I think 1% is a very generous number), that's only 3,500people worldwide. Of those 3,500 people, how many are playing in parties on private lobbies? maybe 25%? So now your multiplayer pool worldwide is down to 2,625 who are playing solo and now at the whim of Live's connection standards. It's not hard to see when looked at that way why there are so many connection issues, and why there is nothing SMS can do about them without somehow lessening the connection requirement standards that Live is looking for.

Again, I don't know any of the above as fact, except for the playerbase density, which is known.

Del Zotto x82x
27-07-2015, 18:34

I had this same issue where several DLC cars were missing.. A day later they all came back.. Xbox one is weird like that..

OpticalHercules
28-07-2015, 21:32
Absolutely. It's not fair at all to compare connection issues between FM5 and PCars because of this alone. Multplayer experience, yes, but actually connecting to and playing with others, no. As I've posted in an other thread, I notice when playing some other games solo (Destiny, for example), I am always put into lobbies/worlds with other players who are clearly from the same geographic region that I am. I always see GamerTags with area coded close to where I am, from Bay Area to Riverside and some North County San Diego players. When I am playing in a live party with a friend of mine who lives in TX (and on a much slower connection than mine), I never see local area codes, but rather see codes from near where he's at, Dallas region. Live obviously prioritizes connections closest to you and with the best latency, as it should.

Now compare that logic to PCars. PCars never had the playerbase that a game like Destiny did, and since release that base has dwindled even further because of people fed up with the bugs. This can be confirmed by talking to Game Store employees who in some cases won't buy back PCars because they have so many used copies already. It has been noted that the "Full Party" error has gotten worse/more frequent since release, and that is a correlation to back up what I'm saying above. Since we know Live prioritizes connections based on region, is it any less logical to assume that Live also filters non-party connections to a certain threshold of latency? IF you're in a Live party, Live will force the connection no matter how bad, but if you're solo then Live won't even attempt to give you a connection that isn't up to whatever it's par level is.

How many copies of most other MP-heavy games have been sold, how many does it show online at any given time? (I know Black Ops 2 used to show you in the MP menu). I have no idea what PCar's current sales are, but they did report their 1-millionth sale several weeks ago, and we know that Xbox makes up approx. 35% of those sales. So even by the standard of 4-6weeks ago, which we know was slightly better on the Full Lobby error, we know there were approx. 350,000xbox copies sold, and if even 1% of those copies are on multilayer at any given time (I think 1% is a very generous number), that's only 3,500people worldwide. Of those 3,500 people, how many are playing in parties on private lobbies? maybe 25%? So now your multiplayer pool worldwide is down to 2,625 who are playing solo and now at the whim of Live's connection standards. It's not hard to see when looked at that way why there are so many connection issues, and why there is nothing SMS can do about them without somehow lessening the connection requirement standards that Live is looking for.

Again, I don't know any of the above as fact, except for the playerbase density, which is known.

I would love to hear from SMS if I'm on the right track with this issue or if I'm totally off base. It is an issue many people have complaints about, but it would be a little easier to take some heat off of SMS if there really is nothing that can be done about it. Or even if that is information you are not allowed to share.

Rockefelluh
29-07-2015, 04:54
While your logic makes sense, I just find it hard to accept. If this were the case people could not play multiplayer on smaller or older titles effectively. I can't imagine Xbox making a service which has an algorithm where a small player base = this dramatic performance decrease in matchmaking. Smaller titles wouldn't have a chance.

Alexandru Marian
29-07-2015, 09:28
While we haven't been able to fully identify what is causing Smart Match to work so badly in the retail environment while it seemed to work fine for us during development, at this point we're no longer investigating because next patch we're dropping the Xbox Live Smart Match functionality altogether from the game and instead we're adding a session browser like on the other platforms. You will see a list of open sessions and will be able to manually select one to join rather than have the matchmaker automatically pick one for you (or in our game's case, more often than not wait for ages for a session to be found :( ).

This should make it much easier to find sessions to join and should hopefully get more people to play online.

TheReaper GT
29-07-2015, 09:33
While we haven't been able to fully identify what is causing Smart Match to work so badly in the retail environment while it seemed to work fine for us during development, at this point we're no longer investigating because next patch we're dropping the Xbox Live Smart Match functionality altogether from the game and instead we're adding a session browser like on the other platforms. You will see a list of open sessions and will be able to manually select one to join rather than have the matchmaker automatically pick one for you (or in our game's case, more often than not wait for ages for a session to be found :( ).

This should make it much easier to find sessions to join and should hopefully get more people to play online.

That is awesome, if you pin that post the forum's data size increase rate will drop considerably :D Hahaha

Rockefelluh
29-07-2015, 14:53

I hope this will be as good as it sounds. Thanks for the post.

OpticalHercules
29-07-2015, 17:53

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the VERY informative reply!

Braken99
29-07-2015, 18:43
This is very good Alex. I play on PC and xboxone and was hoping xbox would get this feature. Youll want to release this asap since many cant handle it the way it is. For me, I really dont care that much, Im past 400 online races with 90% on xbox and think its a great game. ����

Pressure Drop
21-08-2015, 14:22
amazing !! thanks to the team for getting us the lobby browser !! can't wait !! :D