PDA

View Full Version : Le mans 24

Manmadesmiith
27-07-2015, 15:52
Was thinking of doing the Le mans 24 race, is there any tips on best way too approach it? Also, using xbox controller. I have noticed during other endurance races when I swap driver I go away for an hour or so my xbox controller has turned off and the game is paused. Kinda annoying haha. Anyone know how to solve that problem as well? Thanks :)

BCFCBristolRed
27-07-2015, 15:57
Take your battery pack out of the controller & connect it to the Xbox with a charging cable. This will make it a wired controller and now it won't shut off after inactivity.

Machinist90
27-07-2015, 15:58
I think plugging in the xbox controller with the cable helps and then in settings of console turn off "auto turn off" or something like that,not sure that works but worth a test

Machinist90
27-07-2015, 15:58
Take your battery pack out of the controller & connect it to the Xbox with a charging cable. This will make it a wired controller and now it won't shut off after inactivity.

does that work? cause my controller doesn't work with a cable without a battery pack

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 15:59
does that work? cause my controller doesn't work with a cable without a battery pack

It should, mine work.

BCFCBristolRed
27-07-2015, 16:47
Yeah as Reaper said, it should work. I found the cable that comes with the play and charge kit to be rubbish so I use a Kindle Fire HD charger. It's the same connection and works the same.

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 16:50
Yeah as Reaper said, it should work. I found the cable that comes with the play and charge kit to be rubbish so I use a Kindle Fire HD charger. It's the same connection and works the same.

I use one of those:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-10FT-Hemp-Rope-Micro-USB-Charger-Charging-Sync-Data-Cable-Cord-for-Cell-Phone-/281310056608?var=&hash=item417f62d0a0

The fabric prevents my cats from eating the cable up auauhau

Faya
27-07-2015, 16:53
Plug it up, leave the battery pack in. I use a wheel but my headset needs a controller, so I plug the controller in to stop it from turning off.

Machinist90
27-07-2015, 17:00
console will turn itself off if you don't use a button if it's in the energy settings though

mister dog
27-07-2015, 17:16
Wasn't that pit stop bug still roaring its ugly head? In any case I would wait a bit to do the full blown endurance races until this bug is sorted and there's a save function ;)

BCFCBristolRed
27-07-2015, 17:31
I use one of those:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-10FT-Hemp-Rope-Micro-USB-Charger-Charging-Sync-Data-Cable-Cord-for-Cell-Phone-/281310056608?var=&hash=item417f62d0a0

The fabric prevents my cats from eating the cable up auauhau

Very nice. Might have to get me a cable like that! :)

Strakka
27-07-2015, 18:10
I recently done the 24 hour race for the "A day in the life" achievement, if you are planning on driving often then utilise the ai driver to give yourself breaks.

Couple of other points i noticed:

The timer seemed to be a bit off at some point as i started my race at 8:15pm but it hit 0 hour at 8pm next day??

Also i tried this achievement twice and when i used the ai driver it didn't unlock so for the second attempt i parked up and left my xbox running.

And just to make sure on my second attempt i waited 15 mins after the race to finish before crossing line due to the time irregularity.

However if you are doing it just for fun then just use the ai driver for breaks and enjoy it :)

BCFCBristolRed
27-07-2015, 18:21
I recently done the 24 hour race for the "A day in the life" achievement, if you are planning on driving often then utilise the ai driver to give yourself breaks.

The timer seemed to be a bit off at some point as i started my race at 8:15pm but it hit 0 hour at 8pm next day??

Also i tried this achievement twice and when i used the ai driver it didn't unlock so for the second attempt i parked up and left my xbox running.

And just to make sure on my second attempt i waited 15 mins after the race to finish before crossing line due to the time irregularity.

However if you are doing it just for fun then just use the ai driver for breaks and enjoy it :)

Strange, I timed my race with a timer as I was going for the achievement and didn't want to kill my Xbox by trying more than once. I used the AI driver for when I slept or ate etc. the achievement popped a couple of seconds after my timer alarm sounded.

One word of advice...... If you can, get a fan on your Xbox. It gets super hot.

Manmadesmiith
27-07-2015, 18:25
Do I set up the race through quick race? Wanna make sure I get achievement. And thanks for help lads :)

Del Zotto x82x
27-07-2015, 18:32
Strange, I timed my race with a timer as I was going for the achievement and didn't want to kill my Xbox by trying more than once. I used the AI driver for when I slept or ate etc. the achievement popped a couple of seconds after my timer alarm sounded.

One word of advice...... If you can, get a fan on your Xbox. It gets super hot.

I leave my Xbone on 24/7 for weeks at a time.. I've never noticed any heat for long periods of time and when watching tv it seems to automatically put itself in some sort of hibernation mode to where I still can use it and it doesn't make a noise or any heat...

TheReaper GT
27-07-2015, 18:39
I leave my Xbone on 24/7 for weeks at a time.. I've never noticed any heat for long periods of time and when watching tv it seems to automatically put itself in some sort of hibernation mode to where I still can use it and it doesn't make a noise or any heat...

Never had any heat issues, but the physics of this game could power a barbecue house, so better safe than sorry :D:D

Rockefelluh
27-07-2015, 19:51

So AI can't be used? I read people have used an AI and the achievement did pop.

I guess parking is the same solution.

Machinist90
27-07-2015, 20:03
I tried it several times,my AI mate keeps getting me DQ'ed

BCFCBristolRed
27-07-2015, 20:14

After prolonged periods of play with pCars, it gets hot. Running other games or just using apps like Netflix etc doesn't seem to generate much/if any at all.

So AI can't be used? I read people have used an AI and the achievement did pop.

I guess parking is the same solution.

I read a solution on True Achievements which says to just set a one lap race and park up for 24 hours.

Machinist90
28-07-2015, 17:32
yeah plugging in controller with a cable doesn't work,controller shuts off anyway

TheReaper GT
28-07-2015, 17:43
yeah plugging in controller with a cable doesn't work,controller shuts off anyway

Remove the batteries. It works for me.

Machinist90
28-07-2015, 17:47
Remove the batteries. It works for me.

if the batterypack is removed the cable doesn't work...i may need a new controller...

TheReaper GT
28-07-2015, 17:48
if the batterypack is removed the cable doesn't work...i may need a new controller...

Or a new cable

Braken99
28-07-2015, 17:54
Usb to micro usb cable is what you need. I use a 6 ft. ��

Apoc112
28-07-2015, 21:31
sounds like a defective cable or controller port. the controller should work as a wired controller with or without the battery pack installed. if it's plugged in, all the data is going over the wire and it should not turn off.