PDA

View Full Version : Rammers

supercarlos
28-07-2015, 00:26
Hello drivers,

Today was my first day of project cars, i really love this game but for one thing, rammers. In 80% of my online races, whenever I had a battle with another driver for a position, he went into me after a couple of laps and rammed me out of the circuit.Is this normal in this game or i was unlucky with the match making?

jason
28-07-2015, 00:32
Unfortunately it is normal , what isn't normal is when you go into a public lobby and this doesn't happen , that's not normal.

Find a group of clean racers bud it will save you a lot of pain...... There are a lot of people here looking for the same thing as you are .......

Put down your location and find like minded players that want to play the game respectfully .

AfterAll14
28-07-2015, 01:02
I set pole position not because I'm fast.
I always best on start not because my responses are good.
I just want to run away from something I'm afraid more than anything in the game, pure evil with no mercy.
People give them many names, I call them RAMMERS.

jason
28-07-2015, 01:03
213588 online public lobby

AlanK
28-07-2015, 10:18
Two suggestions to make public online racing more enjoyable:

1. Don't bother to qualify unless you are certain you can get on the front couple of rows. Have a cup of tea instead. If you are lucky you will end up on the back row of the grid, from where you can sit back for the first few turns and watch the mess in front of you without getting involved. By the end of the first lap you will lost likely have picked up several places as the rammers (and the badly rammed) leave the race.
2. Enter races that don't have more than 5 or 6 cars taking part. The rammers don't appear to find them as much fun (not enough targets, I guess).

Enjoy! ;)

CopperySinger5
29-07-2015, 11:23
Tips:

1) enter lobbies where competent hosts use all types of non-assists settings to deter the rammers. (rammers will beg you to stay committed with assists).

2) make use of climate change, damage, and tire wear ect.. this will give competent racers an edge in racing.

3) force cockpit view, this will promote fair and peaceful racing for all players.(don't complain the "flycam makes you faster" stuff, if you want to avoid rammers)

4) If you are not ready for no-assists, join a racing league that promotes them, but maybe hard to find races when and where you want.

5) take advantage of qualify events. not only to get pole position, but this is where you see who gets the fastest lap times, edit pit strategy, and tuning cars to have a better experience on the track.

6) study the rammer's strategy. Example, one rammer tried to play dead on a long stretch in roadAmerica but I saw him trying to creep up into the road and I was able to dodge the incident

7) race clean, many of the rammers are new at the game and causes repeated mistakes until they improve.

NutsMammoth
29-07-2015, 12:13
A rammer can be a good driver using a wheel, driving with no assists in cockpit view only and having an unsporting behavior.
There are drivers with unsporting behavior and race crashers (wreckers, people who don't care the race...).
Hard to detect a real rammer (unsporting behavior or ping issue or driving mistake or...).

The solution could be private dedicated servers open to the public (no password protected).
The admin watches the multiplayer replay (well, once fixed :mad:) in order to blacklist rammers and race crashers on his server.
A dedicated server should be allowed to block some players with bad reputation.
We could have clean dedicated servers without rammers/race crashers.

- Online reputation (once working :mad:)
- Dedicated servers.
- Blacklisting feature for admins.
- Multiplayer replays (once fixed :mad:) to help admins.

Bluedice
29-07-2015, 12:20
I vote for all of them having their car instantly switched for a Dodge Ram.

Bluedice
29-07-2015, 12:24
A rammer can be a good driver using a wheel, driving with no assists in cockpit view only, and have unsporting behavior.
There are drivers with unsporting behavior and race crashers (wreckers, people who don't care the race...).
Hard to detect a real rammer (unsporting behavior or ping issue or driving mistake or...).
At least if something can be done against race crashers.

With real damage turned on and no assists they might even attempt that, but they will most likely end up in the pit for repairs.

Umer Ahmad
29-07-2015, 21:07

Today:

(The Bentley driver pushed this BMW guy off-track on the prior lap. I knew BMW guy would retaliate!)

Jakob
30-07-2015, 12:05
Today:

(The Bentley driver pushed this BMW guy off-track on the prior lap. I knew BMW guy would retaliate!)

That was perfect timing!!

Racing on Imola the other day, full damage on, coming around the last corner, I see a car sitting on the left of the track, I think he was trying to get to the pits to repair damage. His car was facing towards me, as I get closer he cuts across the track, there is no way he did not see me coming. I try to avoid him, but I just clipped him, making my car pretty much undriveable, so I turn around, I see he is almost ready to enter the pits, so I just hammered it and hit him head on, I'm sure he wasn't moving anymore after that.

I usually just leave the room, but this incident really pissed me off and I felt better when I knew I ended his race, like he did mine cause he couldn't wait another couple seconds to get across the track.

mcs1981
30-07-2015, 22:58
Welcome to the online community.... A bunch of retards that cannot drive... No respect for opponents and ramming... There is the online community for you in Project Cars... I've raced over 200 races online now... I'll bet 8% of those races was clean....

NutsMammoth
31-07-2015, 07:44
5% and this is not the PCars online community only but a worldwide problem.
Selfishness and lack of education.
We have destroyed the education and now we see the results.
The online world is just a mirror of the real world.

Glenn_Quagmire
01-08-2015, 03:46
I can't take the ramming anymore. It ruined my fun from the get go. So sad a game such as this is completely overrun by morons. Hell, I can play GTA 5 and not get rammed as much. Go figure.

Ramshackle
01-08-2015, 11:14
I can't take the ramming anymore. It ruined my fun from the get go. So sad a game such as this is completely overrun by morons. Hell, I can play GTA 5 and not get rammed as much. Go figure.

Yep. Before Project Cars came out I got my racing fix on GTA V. I've got so tired of not being able to have a decent race on PCars I've actually gone back to GTA racing. Yes, It's a million miles away from a sim, but it's still racing and I experience much better behaviour from players, which is absolutely crazy given the chaotic nature of the game. The best part of all, if a lobby does get a bit crazy with the ramming, you can just switch it to non contact for the next race. Ramming problem solved.

When you have a better racing experience in a game where the racing is a kind of tacked on afterthought, over a game that's 100% dedicated to being a racing sim, then there's something seriously wrong.

John Hargreaves
01-08-2015, 12:31
Maybe SMS could release a patch to fix the human race :confused:

CopperySinger5
01-08-2015, 13:11
I can't take the ramming anymore. It ruined my fun from the get go. So sad a game such as this is completely overrun by morons. Hell, I can play GTA 5 and not get rammed as much. Go figure. lol.

I know I will probably get flamed for saying this but it maybe helpful. I tried many race setups in lobbies. Rammers were scarce in the no-assist and disappeared completely in cockpit view lobbies, but only a few racers use non-assists and cockpit view. However, the damage lobbies that included qualify events; made it possible to start in pole position to leave rammers behind. If not, you can just qualify last and watch the rammers in the middle put on a show at the start line. Then once they finish totaling their cars, because they all use traction control and press pedal to metal when see green light, then wham! Crash; game over for them. You can then safely drive pass the debris and catch up with the clean racers.

RTA nOsKiLlS
02-08-2015, 12:42
Today:

Now that is how you deal with online rammers. You ram them back, better/worse than they did to you.

I had a guy the other day, decided he was going to get in my way on every qualifying lap. So we both start at the back. As soon as the red light came up, I parked infront of him. He wasn't able to ram anyone at the 1st turn, and he quit out after being punted off the track at EVERY turn all the way round lap one.

Until I can kick them out with my 1 vote as host, they are getting their own medicine, 10 fold. I'm sick of idiots. Im also getting sick of people who exit the pits during qualifying, and don't want to give way to someone on their fast lap. GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! ;)

Power_racer
03-08-2015, 06:08
A rammer can be a good driver using a wheel, driving with no assists in cockpit view only and having an unsporting behavior.

The solution could be private dedicated servers open to the public (no password protected).
The admin watches the multiplayer replay (well, once fixed :mad:) in order to blacklist rammers and race crashers on his server.
A dedicated server should be allowed to block some players with bad reputation.
We could have clean dedicated servers without rammers/race crashers.

- Online reputation (once working :mad:)
- Dedicated servers.
- Blacklisting feature for admins.
- Multiplayer replays (once fixed :mad:) to help admins.

I have played a few differen't racing games and have come across "Dirty racers", but never malicious rammers like these. Can't figure out the mindset behind this. Maybe they watched the Mad Max movie once to many times or something. half the time i don't even know witch F*%ker hit me. Raced in 7 rooms 6 were bad. Went to one at spa 20 min warm up 30 min quailifing. Worked to Start 4th and the race last 8 secs the whole time i was up in the air. It's very rare that a standing start works. The game should have a 5 sec penalty ghost for those who jump start..

NutsMammoth
03-08-2015, 09:15
Damn! Even pro drivers may also be rammers :mad: :

"PUSH HIM OUT!" - Scheider vs. Wickens & Wehrlein - "Schieb ihn raus!" - DTM Spielberg 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d08rS9wOeI

At least Timo Scheider has been disqualified!

I bet this guy trains on PCars lol!

RTA nOsKiLlS
03-08-2015, 13:41
Someone left a reputation comment asking me if I was 12, because of a post I made. I dont know who it was, but I think you will LOVE this video. You clearly liked my post. But to answer your question, No, I'm not 12. I am just fed up of noobs who cannot race, and don't even try. I like to give people a taste of their own medicine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2fVg-k7Hk

Please don't deliberately smash into me. If I wanted to play Gird Autosport, I'd go and play it!!

Enjoy, ;)

SpeedFreakDTM
03-08-2015, 16:47
@RTA - I've seen that guy doing that kind of thing in a few lobbies.

Its funny that you guys made him quit. :)

Power_racer
03-08-2015, 22:05
Someone left a reputation comment asking me if I was 12, because of a post I made. I dont know who it was, but I think you will LOVE this video. You clearly liked my post. But to answer your question, No, I'm not 12. I am just fed up of noobs who cannot race, and don't even try. I like to give people a taste of their own medicine.

Please don't deliberately smash into me. If I wanted to play Gird Autosport, I'd go and play it!!

Enjoy, ;)

LOL.. Thats;s pretty good. Liked the intro pic too:cool:

feloney_x
03-08-2015, 22:18
whats sad is acc. collisions get people who think they need to hit you back,witch just starts a cycle.you need to pay att. to where the collision happens such as corners some people will just break to late or lock up and slide rite into you.useally the same guy will do it in the same curb every lap not on porpuss but acc. not judging his break rite

i lol a lot of the time because i take vicadon and smoke grass for chronic pain so i never enter to win and i just take my time when playing and i manage to avoid running people off the track or colliding with them but i see thees guys all over the track and trying to go faster than they should in spots and then bam collision ahead yellow flag ! lol

xautos
03-08-2015, 22:33
i was in a few races today after a fresh install. one race at hock proved only one thing, a driver can sit in the middle of the hairpin, reverse to hit others and accelerate as well. this silly driver was driving a 12c gt3 at the time, some other poor driver got clollected by this silly driver, i was in 4th at this point, got around them and got 3rd with a large margin. but he tried several times to try take me out, none of them worked but he did suceed once in hitting the side of the car, not that it did anything as i had already avoided his advances.

other the one other incident at the start line around azure, through lap 1, that was it really. 2 wins, both of them very hard fought. in the bentley gt3 around oschers and around that same azure track in a g55 gt3.

xautos
04-08-2015, 08:08
think i will setup a youtube account later on, upload replays of events.

there was one i was just in, was racing around in the caterham sp lmp3 car, so its slow on the straights but deadly in the corners and i mentioned to this one driver who had the name youtube in his name, anyways, i knew full well i would catch these ruf players out cold in the corners and warned them about it just before the race started. so getting to the final corner in lap 1, i give a love tap to the leader but nothing that would send him spinning, just a reminded how fast my car is in the corners, anyways, a few meters down the road, the leader accelerated then attempted to brake test me after that failed he dived for the pits and called me no fair driver. so thats what my first video will show. the rest of it is just watching me race around for the remaining 9 laps. on the final lap, pulled a 2:01.8. this was on road america.

i cant do it now, got other things to do, maybe later if everything is okay. each video will be a random upload of rammers, or if i did wrong as well.

NutsMammoth
04-08-2015, 09:26
SMS should add the Proximity Arrows option in the Gameplay settings that clearly show that there is a car very close on your left/right and enabled by default.
I think everyone does not hit a car deliberately because they were too focused on their race. This could reduce the percentage of accidents.

I know that there is already this additional mirror allowing to have a rear view.
Well, I think this mirror is too small and we should be able to adjust the size.
But maybe this is not enough and Proximity Arrows should be an additional option.

The dark side of this option is that it would help rammers/race crashers to spot cars.

On my wheel, I have two buttons (look left/right) but I do not use them often because meanwhile I do not see what happens front of me (an accident can happen very quickly). I drive in cockpit view only.
Of course, people with a triple screen setup (on PC) do not have this kind of problem, but I will not spend more money for an unfinished game (already bought a T300RS+T3PA to replace my Logitech Momo and that's enough).

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Y_xU8zYt3U4/maxresdefault.jpg

Umer Ahmad
04-08-2015, 09:56

Enjoy, ;)

0:45 -- i do not see a deliberate smash here by Cold Ginger. I see a race incident and 2 cars that got stuck together and this happens a lot in project cars unfortunately. Side-2-side collisions are "sticky" unfortunately. Personally i think you guys have unfairly judged Cold Ginger ONLY based on this video. Maybe not the best racer (he held his line ok at the start and mostly through the 1st corner in traffic) but i do not see a deliberate wrecking at 0:45

NemethR
04-08-2015, 10:12
Ohh, revenge... How sweet... Not really.
This is stupid behaviour from the OP.

JayBee
04-08-2015, 11:38
Personally i find it very childish to harass a player just by one race accident.
Get over it and race on... you're way better than that...

xautos
04-08-2015, 13:47
ive seen this before, however in writing that and seeing more i have come to realize your no better noskills for falling to his level to get revenge on the previous incident, if indeed he was the one who caused it. should of just moved on and left it behind you. if anything i am now going to have to take what you put out in these videos with a handful of salt each time. your videos are also coming off as patronizing and insulting as well, i hope you can dial back to rubbish you throw in these videos and just broadcast what is, let the blame game happen afterwards.

he may of commented on your age and did he prove himself correct or do you realize you can do better?

Iamlegion
04-08-2015, 13:56
ive seen this before, however in writing that and seeing more i have come to realize your no better noskills for falling to his level to get revenge on the previous incident, if indeed he was the one who caused it. should of just moved on and left it behind you. if anything i am now going to have to take what you put out in these videos with a handful of salt each time. your videos are also coming off as patronizing and insulting as well, i hope you can dial back to rubbish you throw in these videos and just broadcast what is, let the blame game happen afterwards.

he may of commented on your age and did he prove himself correct or do you realize you can do better?

Absolutely agree. This happens when people with different skills race at the same time. You having your "revenge" probably made him think you're a rammer and he quit because you were ruining his game.

Good job making online lobbies a better place...

Mellowyellow
04-08-2015, 14:18
So online I've come across rammers, blockers and ghosters! Just when you thought "seems like a clean group". The new dirty trick that seems to be taking off is making a pass using the slipstream. As soon as your just past and your holding your line the dirty cheater tries to spin you out by swirving into your rear quarter panel. Sometimes they take you out sometimes the nudge and spin fails!

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 15:03
0:45 -- i do not see a deliberate smash here by Cold Ginger. I see a race incident and 2 cars that got stuck together and this happens a lot in project cars unfortunately. Side-2-side collisions are "sticky" unfortunately. Personally i think you guys have unfairly judged Cold Ginger ONLY based on this video. Maybe not the best racer (he held his line ok at the start and mostly through the 1st corner in traffic) but i do not see a deliberate wrecking at 0:45

The cars are stuck together, because ColdestGinger is turning left, and Im turning or trying to turn right, to go back towards track, and trying not to hit the wall. But he did a great job, of making me hit the wall. He doesn't even need to be moving to the left, as the Mclaren infront of him, slides to being infront of me.

If it was an accidental knock, then it would have ended with the 1st bit of contact, and he would have been steering off my car, and or braking. I didn't react during the race, I just past him cleanly. He quit on lap 1, so he had 3 whole laps to send me a message apologising. I quit the lobby, and watched the replay, which was rubbish as it showed a merc hitting me, and some cars were missing. Then I messaged him. I didn't get the required response, and he rejoined the lobby my friends were in. So as he wanted to ruin my race, and the people behind me, (but obviously I don't have footage of that) I rejoin the lobby, and decide to ruin his race.

These idiots have fun crashing people, not racing. When you crash them, they don't like it, its no fun for them. They leave....eventually.

Its not how I want to be playing this game, but the guy pissed me off. So anger took over, and he rage quit. My anger tuned to instant laughter the moment he quit. Problem solved, RACE ON ;)

Now I know he races dirty, if I encounter him again, I wont be wasting my time to try and pass cleanly, just so he can then hit me. His actions were quite deliberate.

None of it would have been necessary if the host had the power to remove the idiot's without needing a majority vote.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 15:05
Absolutely agree. This happens when people with different skills race at the same time. You having your "revenge" probably made him think you're a rammer and he quit because you were ruining his game.

Well if that's the case, thats great!

He wont want to be in the lobby with me, and will hopefully just leave and keep searching until he finds a lobby with people who don't mind him ramming them into a wall deliberately.

Its win - win all round.

MrFlibble81
04-08-2015, 15:15
Looks to me like you were in his blindspot bud.

Now he should have moved off BUT cars get stuck together way to easy in this game and that to me is what looks like had happened.

And then in the second race he had nothing wrong. Even if the wreck in the first race was deliberate, there's no need to carry that over to the second race and ram him to make him quit.

For all you know, that may have been his first online race ever, perhaps he wasn't too sure of racing etiquette or maybe he just simply made a mistake (they happen). There's no need to retaliate like that! That just makes you a rammer! In fact I find your video pretty ironic, you claim to hate and yet you are one yourself.

I'm glad you're on XBOX1 cuz I don't ever want to race you. Perhaps you want to think about changing your signature too.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 15:16

The video was meant to be patronizing and insulting, so thanks for confirming that's how it comes across.

Im happy to stoop to the same level as the rammer, the only alternatives are to either quit and find a new lobby. Kick them. or Make them quit. If there are lots of them in a lobby, I would just leave. But if the lobby has a few people in there all trying to race, and 1 idiot, why should I have to leave?

Had he raced clean in the first place, this video wouldn't exist.

Umer Ahmad
04-08-2015, 15:23
The cars are stuck together, because ColdestGinger is turning left, and Im turning or trying to turn right, to go back towards track, and trying not to hit the wall. But he did a great job, of making me hit the wall. He doesn't even need to be moving to the left, as the Mclaren infront of him, slides to being infront of me.

If it was an accidental knock, then it would have ended with the 1st bit of contact, and he would have been steering off my car, and or braking. I didn't react during the race, I just past him cleanly. He quit on lap 1, so he had 3 whole laps to send me a message apologising. I quit the lobby, and watched the replay, which was rubbish as it showed a merc hitting me, and some cars were missing. Then I messaged him. I didn't get the required response, and he rejoined the lobby my friends were in. So as he wanted to ruin my race, and the people behind me, (but obviously I don't have footage of that) I rejoin the lobby, and decide to ruin his race.

These idiots have fun crashing people, not racing. When you crash them, they don't like it, its no fun for them. They leave....eventually.

Its not how I want to be playing this game, but the guy pissed me off. So anger took over, and he rage quit. My anger tuned to instant laughter the moment he quit. Problem solved, RACE ON ;)

Now I know he races dirty, if I encounter him again, I wont be wasting my time to try and pass cleanly, just so he can then hit me. His actions were quite deliberate.

None of it would have been necessary if the host had the power to remove the idiot's without needing a majority vote.

I dont know what happened before/after that Road America video. But if i was a race steward for project cars i could NOT say 100% cold ginger was deliberately smashing you (not guilty). This side contact "glues" cars together and both drivers are basically helpless until the carz come to a stop. It is a long known collision behavior. All i can say is be very careful around the starts and when passing. I just learnes yesterday there are some real racing classes (NASA group 1 & 2) that prohibit passing in corners. Maybe something to consider. Hope SMS can adjust this collision behavior.

If you want to see a "deliberate smash" see the GIF on my earlier post this thread.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 15:23
Looks to me like you were in his blindspot bud.

Now he should have moved off BUT cars get stuck together way to easy in this game and that to me is what looks like had happened.

And then in the second race he had nothing wrong. Even if the wreck in the first race was deliberate, there's no need to carry that over to the second race and ram him to make him quit.

For all you know, that may have been his first online race ever and he just simply made a mistake (they happen). There's no need to retaliate like that! He could have ended up being a top notch racer but now thanks to you he may never come back to racing again.

I'm glad you're on XBOX1 cuz I don't ever want to race you. Perhaps you want to think about changing your signature too.

I know its not his first race online, seen him join and leave lobbies since the game game out.

Nah, I'll be leaving my signature as it is thanks. He couldn't race clean, neither could I.

You dont ever want to race me? LOL Why? Do you tend to have "accidents" like shown on Road America? If so, then I don't want to race you either. :)

I treat people as they treat me. If your a dick with me, I going to be a bigger dick in return. If someone is clean with me, I'll be clean in return. Seems fair enough to me.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 15:30
I dont know what happened before/after that Road America video. But if i was a race steward for project cars i could NOT say 100% cold ginger was deliberately smashing you (not guilty). This side contact "glues" cars together and both drivers are basically helpless until the carz come to a stop. It is a long known collision behavior. All i can say is be very careful around the starts and when passing. Hope SMS can adjust this collision behavior.

If you want to see a "deliberate smash" see the GIF on my earlier post this thread.

I get what your saying regarding this car sticking behaviour. But it didn't feel like that to me.

MrFlibble81
04-08-2015, 15:37
I know its not his first race online, seen him join and leave lobbies since the game game out.

Nah, I'll be leaving my signature as it is thanks. He couldn't race clean, neither could I.

You dont ever want to race me? LOL Why? Do you tend to have "accidents" like shown on Road America? If so, then I don't want to race you either. :)

I treat people as they treat me. If your a dick with me, I going to be a bigger dick in return. If someone is clean with me, I'll be clean in return. Seems fair enough to me.

No I just don't like racing with rammers that's all.

Umer Ahmad
04-08-2015, 15:39
Definitely on the video most people would think "wow that guy is real @$$hole" but i know from many incidents like this in the past 4 years this is a common collision issue in project cars. I bet Cold Ginger could reverse the argument and say "wow RTA just keeps pushing me until i rotate into the wall, what a jerk!"

Just be very careful, side-side collisions at high speed do not end well for both drivers. And give some generousity to the other guys, we will all slowly improve. For many it can be their first time on a sim like this s

But if you see those rascals parked in the middle of the road trying to hit people, destroy and harass them!

Like you i also hope soon SMS gives is the host/kick ability.

CopperySinger5
04-08-2015, 15:48

Wait, now why did you just called yourself an idiot? "ramming pleasure/revenge =idiot" please explain.

CopperySinger5
04-08-2015, 16:05
And... your actions is the reason why SMS should not give you majority vote, imo.

"Rammers love to vote kick".

Jim clarck
04-08-2015, 16:32
Hi everybody
Well, it does not rejoice, I have stopped the lobby for some time now, thinking that with time the drivers will be more serious, but apparently this is not the case, I think I'll leave it to closet this excellent game, too crazy on Earth is incredible stupidity or it can lead, I am disgusted by the turn that takes a game:mad:

My surname on steam:Maverick

SpeedFreakDTM
04-08-2015, 16:55
I bet Cold Ginger could reverse the argument and say "wow RTA just keeps pushing me until i rotate into the wall, what a jerk!"

Maybe, but only if the crash happened on the righthand wall. How could he say that RTA is doing the pushing? RTA is on the left side, so if he was pushing, wouldn't the cars being going right, instead of left?

As RTA is on the left and the turn goes to the right, its obvious that the ginger guy is the one doing the pushing. Why doesn't he brake? He must know there is a car there? The bentley is pretty hard to miss, from any view.

I've seen RTA around on a few racing games over the years, he's fast on them all, and clean. But doesn't take much crap off people, and lets face it, there is plenty of it being dished out.
I've always been way slower than him, but he's never smashed me off the track, I've also never done it to him, not like that lol. I've made mistakes, but a simple apology goes along way.

The way people behave after the accidents usually decides if someone if going to retaliate.
I dont know anyone who likes being rammed off the track, and see the other car just racing away. When ever I've crashed someone by mistake, I just wait and let them get on the track before me, and hopefully dont hit them again. I always apologise too.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 17:04
But if you see those rascals parked in the middle of the road trying to hit people, destroy and harass them!

LOL. Becareful, you could be branded a "rammer" and have people tell you they dont want to race you, for suggesting such a thing. ;)

I agree though.

I got a pole position with a guy parked on Sakitto, lol. Shame he didn't know where the apex was.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 17:05
Wait, now why did you just called yourself an idiot? "ramming pleasure/revenge =idiot" please explain.

I didn't.

Hope thats cleared it up for you.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 17:12
And... your actions is the reason why SMS should not give you majority vote, imo.

"Rammers love to vote kick".

On the other hand, If I had been the host and had the power to kick, he would have simply been removed from the lobby. Solving the problem, without the crashing.
Making the lobby a more enjoyable environment for everyone else. :)

Do you have lots of "accidents"? Are you worried about being kicked?

It's no concern of mine, as I don't have accidents like that, and any knocks or bumps I do have, I know I've had them, and I will apologise. I dont hit people off the track and drive off into the sunset by accident. ;)

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 17:14
No I just don't like racing with rammers that's all.

Nor do I.

sailordude9980
04-08-2015, 17:17
So Im the guy that will occasionally hit somebody by ACCIDENT. When I do, I do the following:

1. Tell the person, "Hey, Im really sorry about that, I was going too fast. Hey, I apologize, I lost control and thought I had it tuned correctly.

2. Save replay, go back to the project cars forums, ask people what I did wrong, how can I stop it from happening again. (Lack of car education, but LEARNING) Was it my tire pressure? Was it the type of tires?

3. I would even go so far to say that if we, "Project Cars Community" came up with an incident report, that would be even better. (See accident report). For example, when there is something that goes wrong with my PC, I submit the following:
4. Joined a racing clan. Im 34, a Navy Drill Instructor, a father, husband, night college student. Didn't think I was going to have time, but I do. Find a clan that is flexible and has your same interests. I have learned a massive amount of techniques from the group I am with. Plus, they aren't all 12.

Understand we are talking about ramming on purpose, but I wanted to give a broader perspective on the definition of ramming.

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front)
What I have
What its doing
What I want it to do.
What I TRIED to do

For me, I try to give a recommended solution / "This is what I tried" to each problem I run into. Im not better than anyone else, but I tend to get more help and learn much much quicker.

WhoosierGirl
04-08-2015, 17:47
In this game the outside car is always going to get stuck to the inside car when the outside car keeps accelerating once the two cars touch, had you lifted and tapped the brakes more than likely you would have released. I have seen this enough to avoid at all costs going on the outside while making a pass unless I know I can be clear before the exit.

The skipping/lag that occurs when players enter and exit the lobby is another problem that makes for possible "accidental" accidents that are no ones fault.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 18:30
In this game the outside car is always going to get stuck to the inside car when the outside car keeps accelerating once the two cars touch, had you lifted and tapped the brakes more than likely you would have released. I have seen this enough to avoid at all costs going on the outside while making a pass unless I know I can be clear before the exit.

The skipping/lag that occurs when players enter and exit the lobby is another problem that makes for possible "accidental" accidents that are no ones fault.

I was lifting off, but the outside car is always going to get stuck to the inside car, when the inside car is intent on running the outside car into the wall.

I've only had laggy qualifying, never a laggy race. This was a race. :)

xautos
04-08-2015, 18:38
The video was meant to be patronizing and insulting, so thanks for confirming that's how it comes across.

Im happy to stoop to the same level as the rammer, the only alternatives are to either quit and find a new lobby. Kick them. or Make them quit. If there are lots of them in a lobby, I would just leave. But if the lobby has a few people in there all trying to race, and 1 idiot, why should I have to leave?

Had he raced clean in the first place, this video wouldn't exist.

*shakes head* everything wrong with all that written.. oh what a shame. i will state that i disagree with your choice of action and leave it at that.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 19:09
*shakes head* everything wrong with all that written.. oh what a shame. i will state that i disagree with your choice of action and leave it at that.

Thats cool, we don't have to agree.

But say its you that gets smashed, What do you do?

And when get back on the track, go to pass the same person, and they knock you off again, what do you do?

Again, after you've not retaliated, and caught back up, and repeat your clean overtake move, and get hit again, what do you do?

At what point is enough, enough?

In my experience, "clean racers" who are able to have accidents like that, are really not worth racing.

This is how race, when I don't get taken out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVowTmMXHtI&list=PLC6g4mDRZ4s-kwlrkAOkWvfpMDJhltzfw

CopperySinger5
04-08-2015, 19:10
On the other hand, If I had been the host and had the power to kick, he would have simply been removed from the lobby. Solving the problem, without the crashing.
Making the lobby a more enjoyable environment for everyone else. :)

Do you have lots of "accidents"? Are you worried about being kicked?

It's no concern of mine, as I don't have accidents like that, and any knocks or bumps I do have, I know I've had them, and I will apologise. I dont hit people off the track and drive off into the sunset by accident. ;)

If it's no concern to you, then why you ask the question. YOU showing us a video of you ramming people for revenge, then calling rammers idiots.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 19:26
If it's no concern to you, then why you ask the question. YOU showing us a video of you ramming people for revenge, then calling rammers idiots.

I asked the question because YOU, said thats why the host should not have the power to kick.

So I asked you, if you have a lot of "accidents" because I'm wondering if that's why you wouldn't want a host to be able to remove someone. Maybe your worried a lobby host may just kick you over a simple mistake? I dont know......thats why I asked.

No, I have not shown you a video of me ramming people for revenge. Where is the video I have posted of me ramming people?

I have shown you a video, of me being taken out at the start of a race, the conversation between me and the noob. The result of the conversation was the part of the video showing me ramming 1 person. The same 1 person, who took me out, causing a multi car crash. The same guy who was crashing the people behind me. If I had not blocked him in the next race from getting to the 1st turn quickly, there would have been a massive deliberate crash.

Rammer is a person who is crashing anyone and everyone they can, deliberately.
Revenger, is someone not happy with the rammer, probably someone much better than the rammer, the guy who rams the rammer, but doesn't ram anyone else. Just the rammer.

;)

CopperySinger5
04-08-2015, 19:51
I asked the question because YOU, said thats why the host should not have the power to kick.

So I asked you, if you have a lot of "accidents" because I'm wondering if that's why you wouldn't want a host to be able to remove someone. Maybe your worried a lobby host may just kick you over a simple mistake? I dont know......thats why I asked.

No, I have not shown you a video of me ramming people for revenge. Where is the video I have posted of me ramming people?

I have shown you a video, of me being taken out at the start of a race, the conversation between me and the noob. The result of the conversation was the part of the video showing me ramming 1 person. The same 1 person, who took me out, causing a multi car crash. The same guy who was crashing the people behind me. If I had not blocked him in the next race from getting to the 1st turn quickly, there would have been a massive deliberate crash.

Revenger, is someone not happy with the rammer, probably someone much better than the rammer, the guy who rams the rammer, but doesn't ram anyone else. Just the rammer.

;)

YOU no need to worry about how many accidents I have. Someone ram you, you ram back= 2 rammers. That's what this topic is about, RAMMERS. It doesn't matter who rammed who first; Both needs a time-out because two wrongs don't make it right for no one.

"The smartest racers will avoid road fight because it will cost a win"

Umer Ahmad
04-08-2015, 20:03
Maybe, but only if the crash happened on the righthand wall. How could he say that RTA is doing the pushing? RTA is on the left side, so if he was pushing, wouldn't the cars being going right, instead of left?

As RTA is on the left and the turn goes to the right, its obvious that the ginger guy is the one doing the pushing. Why doesn't he brake? He must know there is a car there? The bentley is pretty hard to miss, from any view.

I've seen RTA around on a few racing games over the years, he's fast on them all, and clean. But doesn't take much crap off people, and lets face it, there is plenty of it being dished out.
I've always been way slower than him, but he's never smashed me off the track, I've also never done it to him, not like that lol. I've made mistakes, but a simple apology goes along way.

The way people behave after the accidents usually decides if someone if going to retaliate.
I dont know anyone who likes being rammed off the track, and see the other car just racing away. When ever I've crashed someone by mistake, I just wait and let them get on the track before me, and hopefully dont hit them again. I always apologise too.
Once the cars become glued like this the trajectory of the lead vehicle dominates and both cars slide towards that direction despite steering/throttle inputs from BOTH drivers. Again, to my trained eyes this is very classic but i appreciate how it looks to the untrained eye (and how it fails even basic physics logic)

Iamlegion
04-08-2015, 21:12
Thats cool, we don't have to agree.

But say its you that gets smashed, What do you do?

And when get back on the track, go to pass the same person, and they knock you off again, what do you do?

Again, after you've not retaliated, and caught back up, and repeat your clean overtake move, and get hit again, what do you do?

At what point is enough, enough?

In my experience, "clean racers" who are able to have accidents like that, are really not worth racing.

This is how race, when I don't get taken out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVowTmMXHtI&list=PLC6g4mDRZ4s-kwlrkAOkWvfpMDJhltzfw

You remind me Michael Douglas in the movie 'Falling Down'.

Also, you come across as condecending to people who are new to the game or not as good as you. That's pubescent to me. I'm glad we wouldn't meet in a race.

What I do, is I chill out when that happens. As stated before, two wrongs don't make a right.

Umer Ahmad
04-08-2015, 21:16
Lets cut the personal attacks please and remain on topic: Rammers & what we should do (or not do)

FoxMulder
04-08-2015, 21:38

;)

Glad you're on xbone, you seem like a massive knobhead.

Umer Ahmad
04-08-2015, 22:29
Glad you're on xbone, you seem like a massive knobhead.

Come on man, look at the post above

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-08-2015, 23:23
You remind me Michael Douglas in the movie 'Falling Down'.

Also, you come across as condecending to people who are new to the game or not as good as you. That's pubescent to me. I'm glad we wouldn't meet in a race.

What I do, is I chill out when that happens. As stated before, two wrongs don't make a right.

LMAO, I have no problem with people who are new to the game, or not as good as me. Just because someone is new to a game, doesn't give them the right to go wiping people out and not giving a shit about it

I was new to this game on the day of release. I played many tracks I've never even heard of, with a busted controller configuration, and I still didn't manage to go flying into anyone at the first turn.

I love the fact someone of the replies are saying, " Im glad I wouldn't meet you in a race". The only reply I have to that is, Why, are you a dirty racer?

I will only go to town on people who DELIBERATELY take me out, as shown in the video on Road America. Sometimes racing accidents happen, most decent people say sorry, the race goes on, the fun continues.

If you not man/big enough to a) know you've had some contact, b) apologise for it, c) give the place back, then I don't want to race you. I make mistakes, I keep out of the way when possible, I say sorry. Dont treat me like a dick, and would't treat you as one. Simplez ;)

sailordude9980
05-08-2015, 01:49
Well I can see that my comments (opinion had little effect) moving on from this post. Thanks Umer for keeping the forums civil :)

SpeedFreakDTM
05-08-2015, 02:30
So Im the guy that will occasionally hit somebody by ACCIDENT. When I do, I do the following:

1. Tell the person, "Hey, Im really sorry about that, I was going too fast. Hey, I apologize, I lost control and thought I had it tuned correctly.

Thats all thats really needed. Or words to that effect. :)

WhoosierGirl
05-08-2015, 03:53
Nothing accidental about this one, waste of a good race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrURftrBc1k

AdM1
05-08-2015, 04:01

Nice corner cutting there at the chicane..

WhoosierGirl
05-08-2015, 04:11
Nice corner cutting there at the chicane..

Wouldn't have had to if I had not seen him flying up behind me and knew he was going to cut inside, expected that and he did it, didn't think he would go full moron at the end.

jason
05-08-2015, 04:20

He goes through all that racing just to do that crap to you at the end. I just don't see the point of wasting his time and yours....... Some strange people in this world .

321Respawn
05-08-2015, 04:43
wow the end of that video = epic douche baggery

Power_racer
05-08-2015, 06:03

I am going to have to disagree. That's a deliberate hit an run collision. The Ruf driver saw him trying to go around and thought no you don't i will run you into the wall. The Ruf driver failed to keep in control enough to continue and hit the wall. If you notice at 43 sec. He made a quick dart to the left in full control to internationally hit him. After the crash he made another quick dart to get away. Not a racer, but a rammer. Had it happen to me in the same way several times.
Case Closed

Iamlegion
05-08-2015, 07:07
LMAO, I have no problem with people who are new to the game, or not as good as me. Just because someone is new to a game, doesn't give them the right to go wiping people out and not giving a shit about it

I was new to this game on the day of release. I played many tracks I've never even heard of, with a busted controller configuration, and I still didn't manage to go flying into anyone at the first turn.

I love the fact someone of the replies are saying, " Im glad I wouldn't meet you in a race". The only reply I have to that is, Why, are you a dirty racer?

I will only go to town on people who DELIBERATELY take me out, as shown in the video on Road America. Sometimes racing accidents happen, most decent people say sorry, the race goes on, the fun continues.

If you not man/big enough to a) know you've had some contact, b) apologise for it, c) give the place back, then I don't want to race you. I make mistakes, I keep out of the way when possible, I say sorry. Dont treat me like a dick, and would't treat you as one. Simplez ;)

Actually you're just being provocative so I'm gonna ignore it. Enjoy the game.

Iamlegion
05-08-2015, 07:11

Maybe it's someone from this forum retaliating for a deliberate contact you made earlier and weren't aware of? It wouldn't have to have been in the same race. ;)

NeonFlux
05-08-2015, 08:49

I was in the lobby shown in the replay and actually RTA's actions did make the lobby a better place so many thanks to him for getting rid of the trouble maker :) The same guy took me out more or less the same manner although I don't have any footage of it.

I am sick to death of people thinking it's OK to push others off the road, push them of apexes by dive bombing, blocking in qualifying etc etc. There are some people in multiplayer who have zero race craft and zero ettiquette. Most of these people don't even realise that the "tap" they gave you in the bumper has pushed you off your line in a corner, made you run wide and effectively wrecked your race.

When I first started racing online, if someone took you out they'd give you the place back and/or apologise. Very rarely do I see that these days, although to be fair Project Cars does have many good old school racers who know how to conduct themselves.

In the absence of a host kick function I will race people how they race me, if someone is careful and fair they will get the same back, if someone decides to use me to get round a corner they will also get the same back... perfectly fair IMO

julesdennis
05-08-2015, 09:00

After that cutting from both of you I think that:you both know "how much" you can cut as you have "tested" that before.Now people who do that usually use cutting when they race,even if they dont do that every single lap.
Second:for him to do what he did in the last corners tells me that somehow you did something to apset him.
Propably the story here is that you both were cutting cornes during this race and he decided to get rid of you.
Personally I dont like cutting (for whatever reason other than honest mistake) and I dont like playing the game with people that use cutting even if they think they have to because "the x player is not fair" or "going to ram me".
If you both had a clean race before all this happening then it is clear you did cut in order to keep your position and he did it in order to gain one possition.Unfair play from both of you and he won after he put you out of the track.
If you did not have a clean race then all these have some other explanation about what happend between you two in previous lap(s).
Either way you both used "cheap tactics" and he won as he was behind you and had the final word.

NutsMammoth
05-08-2015, 09:15
Nice cutting at 1:23.

And another problem to fix, one more in the long list of things to fix in this game...

Here an example to help to fix it:
NURBURGRING GP CIRCUIT GT-R ONBOARD - NURBURGRING 1000K GT-R NISMO GT3: https://youtu.be/KLX62WpkMLs?t=1m46s

You're welcome.

feloney_x
05-08-2015, 09:43

Enjoy, ;)

this is a perfect example of what i was saying i would be willing to bet that guys collision was acc. and you took it to the extreme not only did you hit him back but you harassed him through qual. and then the race in my opinion the only noob there was you

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 09:50
I am going to have to disagree. That's a deliberate hit an run collision. The Ruf driver saw him trying to go around and thought no you don't i will run you into the wall. The Ruf driver failed to keep in control enough to continue and hit the wall. If you notice at 43 sec. He made a quick dart to the left in full control to internationally hit him. After the crash he made another quick dart to get away. Not a racer, but a rammer. Had it happen to me in the same way several times.
Case Closed

The sentence is LIFE! ;)

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 09:54
Actually you're just being provocative so I'm gonna ignore it. Enjoy the game.

Nope, Im really not.

You wouldn't want to race me.

I only have problems with people who take me out on purpose. So why you wouldn't want to race me, I cannot imagine. Unless your a dirty racer?

No provocation here, just conversation. :)

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 10:01
this is a perfect example of what i was saying i would be willing to bet that guys collision was acc. and you took it to the extreme not only did you hit him back but you harassed him through qual. and then the race in my opinion the only noob there was you

Started last - got taken out at the 1st turn - escaped the noobzone - Won the race - Got the fastest lap. Yep thats being a noob alright.

I hope your not an Insurance investigator in real life. ;) Video evidence is nothing to you. LOL

Thanks for your opinion, but Im gonna keep on being the noob you say I am.

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 10:09
@WhoosierGirl - That person who nailed you, probably didn't want to be beaten by a female. My girlfriend has experienced the same kind of thing on Grid Autosport.

Yeah you cut the chicane, but that's the games fault that you can do that. Big stack of tyres that don't move on that chicane entry and exit will stop any cutting there. I dont like it when I see people doing that infront of me in a race, but im not going to crash them off the track for it. The game needs to issue a big slow down penalty at that point.

I thought he was going to hit the pit wall. You might want to assign a reset car button. Then when that happens you press your button, and your sat ghosted on the track. Its not realistic, but neither is being taken out like that.

julesdennis
05-08-2015, 10:11

Enjoy, ;)

I will only comment the "ramming in the first corner" incident from that "noob" and what I see in the video.
After the start of the race the "noob" breaks hard in order to avoid hitting people in front of him.Going into the corner the Ruf ahead of him goes wide and (as all reckless drivers do) turn really hard into the "correct race line" in order to keep his position in "all costs".The Maclaren behind him breaks hard (in order to avoid colusion with that guy) at the point when the "noob" should normaly be accelerating at the exit of that corner.That makes the "nood" to also break hard and then accelerate using the correct race line that he is occupying.
You on the other hand are coming from behind,you do not break and actually you are the one that cause the accident (as you are the one who hits him and do not break in order to avoid all these).Of course you could say that you are in the correct race line and he cuts you off.But he is in front of you and you are behind.So you are resposible for avoiding contact as much as he is and passing him in a clean manner.After contact you both go out of the track as none of you use your breaks and have no control of your cars.
So what I see is a "noob" trying to avoid hitting people that are breaking hard and are flying all over the track in front of him and getting hit from behind from you.
The "noob" is actually a noob that tries to have a clean race but do not pay attention to his surroundings (as more experienced players do).His inexperience was a factor to all these but I dont think he is a "rammer".
After that we all can see what happend and how you treated that "noob".Since I dont know him,I dont know if he is clean or not.Perhaps you are right and he is a rammer.But in this video he is doing nothing that a rammer would do.And if he is a rammer the Maclaren would not have made it in that first corner.
IMO he is just inexperienced and a little careless.But some guys in front of him are at least as noobs as he is and possibly worse than him.
EDIT:
Sorry mate but you wrote in responce to WhoosierGirl "Yeah you cut the chicane, but that's the games fault that you can do that."
How is the game's fault if someone is cutting corners?Who ever is expoiting this problem is responsible.Clean/good racers do not cut corners.
But I aggree with you with the "vote" option to kick players.Your points are valid(I agree with what you say about rammers and players causing trouble),but your examples are not imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXpEhfqNmMI
This happend to me in an online race.Was I wrong for keeping my line or the Merc for pushing me out of the track?
Is he (or me) a rammer from your point of view?
If you see the rest of the video you'll also see him going wide of the track and then back in without giving me any room,how he cuts Eau Rouge and how I respond to his driving at the chicane before "La Source".

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 10:17
Maybe it's someone from this forum retaliating for a deliberate contact you made earlier and weren't aware of? It wouldn't have to have been in the same race. ;)

Maybe it is.

If I come across my ginger friend, I wont be attempting a clean overtake ever again. It will just be a wack in the rear, and an overtake from me. When someone is dirty with me, I remember their name, I never play fair with them again.

If they are fair players, they will be fair the first time you encounter them.

Iamlegion
05-08-2015, 11:23
Maybe it is.

If I come across my ginger friend, I wont be attempting a clean overtake ever again. It will just be a wack in the rear, and an overtake from me. When someone is dirty with me, I remember their name, I never play fair with them again.

Funny how you don't even consider you may have made a mistake.
Rewatching the video.. he took the corner wrong and got back on his line. Probably didn't see you from the cockpit and you didn't brake when he cut in front of you. Frankly I don't see any ramming except in your retaliation.

Your avatar and signature speak volumes.

Am I a dirty driver? Not sure you could tell the difference..

WhoosierGirl
05-08-2015, 11:53
After that cutting from both of you I think that:you both know "how much" you can cut as you have "tested" that before.Now people who do that usually use cutting when they race,even if they dont do that every single lap.
Second:for him to do what he did in the last corners tells me that somehow you did something to apset him.
Propably the story here is that you both were cutting cornes during this race and he decided to get rid of you.
Personally I dont like cutting (for whatever reason other than honest mistake) and I dont like playing the game with people that use cutting even if they think they have to because "the x player is not fair" or "going to ram me".
If you both had a clean race before all this happening then it is clear you did cut in order to keep your position and he did it in order to gain one possition.Unfair play from both of you and he won after he put you out of the track.
If you did not have a clean race then all these have some other explanation about what happend between you two in previous lap(s).
Either way you both used "cheap tactics" and he won as he was behind you and had the final word.

I cut the corner to protect myself from being rammed off by the car that had gained three car lengths on me heading into the corner with obvious intend to cut the corner and move me out of the way. Had I originally intended to cut the corner he would not have made up three car lengths going into the corner, I would have kept the same distance as I did most of the lap. He hit my bumper in the chicane because he was going for it no matter where I was going to be, I put myself in the best possible position to not be taken out at that point.

My car had no damage to it before being taken out so anything you perceive I may have done before this would have been minor and undeserving of a full take out.

Taking out what you think did or did not happen before this and what happened after, I am curious to know how a good/clean virtual racer as yourself would have handled this situation. Second place car is baring down on you in the rearview mirror with no intend to make the chicane cleanly, are you rolling over and taking the hit in the door or are you fighting to not be taken out and put yourself in the best defensive postition?

MrFlibble81
05-08-2015, 12:02
Maybe it is.

Oh the irony.

I just find it funny how you obviously put that video up here to get people opinions and now when you're getting opinions that differ from yours, you're not accepting it.

"You're entitled to your opinion. It's wrong. But you're entitled to it none the less" is basically what you're saying.

julesdennis
05-08-2015, 12:13
My opinion is that a clean driver must be a clean driver no matter what.So to answer your q I would keep a clean line even if he was going to cut the track.
I would let him do his thing and I would do mine.
In this case I think you are both in similar lap times/level.So even if he cuts and gain position you will both know that he is not faster/better than you.And when (I hope soon) cut cornering is fixed in this game,he will not be able to win you in the track doing the same s***.
I believe that you are clean and fast (faster than me at least) but using "cheap tricks" like cutting corner (even if you think you are forced to do it by an guy that is not clean/good racer) put you on the same category with him.
I dont know that happend to that race.I saw that he wanted to "kill" you in that last corner.Something had to be done in order for him to act this way,in the last lap.I saw that your car had no major damage.The same with his car.
Why did he wait until the very last corner to pull that trick on you?
Either he does not like women/girls or something else happend.You do actually say " I may have done before this would have been minor and undeserving of a full take out."
Perhaps you did,perhaps this guy was just mad because he could not win you.He did what he did in that last corner so we all understand what kind of "clean" racer he is.
My po is that you dont need to do what non clean drivers do.Even if it will cost you a place or two.

CopperySinger5
05-08-2015, 13:34
simple solution, force cockpit view. this will stop any of YOU rammers; GUARANTEED!

Tested:
24 hours lemans prototype 7 laps non-enforced driving view with 15 min qualifying: Results 14 players entered qualifying I had to mute several players because they made loud annoying unnecessary noises over their microphones. 13 stayed to race, race environment was full of crashing, ramming and vehicles being momentarily stalled for receiving corner cutting penalties, drunkards blocking and ramming me to prevent me from passing when riding close.

24 hours lemans prototype 7 laps forced cockpit view with 15 min qualifying: Results; several players entered qualifying but many left lobby or disconnected. 6 players stayed to race. Race environment was by far the best racing experience you would want. One rammer but it was not effective; he/she was easy to overtake and was left far behind and eventually quit. Other racers; close racing with minimal collision or contact, nice tight racing. Beautiful finish.

In addition to what i'm saying here is if you want arcade style fun, trash talk, crashing, drunk driving, no penalties, corner cutting, ramming, authority, kicking, assists, flycams; STAY AWAY FROM ME.

WhoosierGirl
05-08-2015, 13:56
My opinion is that a clean driver must be a clean driver no matter what.So to answer your q I would keep a clean line even if he was going to cut the track.
I would let him do his thing and I would do mine.

I understand that is the way I would like to have driven also but, his thing was going to drive through me either way...and he did.

but using "cheap tricks" like cutting corner (even if you think you are forced to do it by an guy that is not clean/good racer) put you on the same category with him.

I disagree but, respect your opinion.

I dont know that happend to that race.I saw that he wanted to "kill" you in that last corner.Something had to be done in order for him to act this way,in the last lap.I saw that your car had no major damage.The same with his car.
Why did he wait until the very last corner to pull that trick on you?

From experience, I find that "Something" doesn't have to happen for someone to act this way.

You do actually say " I may have done before this would have been minor and undeserving of a full take out."

I wrote "so anything you perceive I may have done before this would have been minor and undeserving of a full take out'. Not the same as "I may have done before this would have been minor and undeserving of a full take out."

You made the assumption in your original response that I had done something to deserve to be taken out in this way, what triggered his "kill" response, don't know. Maybe it was I had won three in a row, maybe it was contact we had had at some point in some race, maybe issues with females, I have no idea but..my defensive cut in no way puts me in the same category as this player. I try to be as clean as I can in a game with connection issues and glitches, that is all I can do.

julesdennis
05-08-2015, 14:18
Like I said,either something happend or he is just a hater (of women) and a bad looser or all of the above.
It does not matter.He is a dirty racer who is cutting track and ramming others.
My point is that you dont need to use the same tactics he did/does.
Because then (even if you are not the same as he is) you are doing the same thing he does.In this case cutting corner.
I dont know if something happend (or not) before this lap.
All I saw,was 2 players,racing clean/close until to the last chicane .They both cut that and the second rammed the first in order to gain the position in the last turn.
Did he ram you?Yes
Did you both cut the track before that?Yes.
You said that you cut the track in order to avoid getting rammed from him (something that you could not avoid as he clearly had the intention,speed and oportunity to do).
My point is that you did not have to cut the chicane as he would (and actually did) ram you whatever you did.

Franco Ferrari
05-08-2015, 14:27
Here's my latest experience with one useless specimen of a living being.
The full synopsis is in the video description, or simply look at the video.

Have fun. I had none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUtknq5ZrCM

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 17:27
Funny how you don't even consider you may have made a mistake.
Rewatching the video.. he took the corner wrong and got back on his line. Probably didn't see you from the cockpit and you didn't brake when he cut in front of you. Frankly I don't see any ramming except in your retaliation.

Your avatar and signature speak volumes.

Am I a dirty driver? Not sure you could tell the difference..

Im not considering I made a mistake, because I didnt. Im on the track, im on the outside of the turn, I don't make contact with him. He swerves left and hits me into a wall. Its a pretty standard takeout. Blatant and obvious.

Are you a dirty driver? How would I know? Your on PS4 and I've never raced you.

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 17:32
simple solution, force cockpit view. this will stop any of YOU rammers; GUARANTEED!

How will that stop someone from ramming another? All your doing is forcing a limited view of the track and cars around you. More likely to cause more collisions, if your forcing people who dont normally use that view to use it.

Cockpit view just gives rammers a more realistic view of the crash.

NeonFlux
05-08-2015, 18:10
Oh the irony.

I just find it funny how you obviously put that video up here to get people opinions and now when you're getting opinions that differ from yours, you're not accepting it.

"You're entitled to your opinion. It's wrong. But you're entitled to it none the less" is basically what you're saying.

I disagree, I think he put the video up to see how many people would bite lol

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 19:10
I disagree, I think he put the video up to see how many people would bite lol

LOL, anyone for fishing?

Charger
05-08-2015, 19:40
Lol, Same Shit different day RTA eh? Have we not been through this before on Autosport? You are opening yourself up again by retaliating and becoming as bad as the rammers, you were told this months ago and it seems you have not learn't a thing.

Nothing to see here people, Move along!

CopperySinger5
05-08-2015, 20:35
How will that stop someone from ramming another? All your doing is forcing a limited view of the track and cars around you. More likely to cause more collisions, if your forcing people who dont normally use that view to use it.

Cockpit view just gives rammers a more realistic view of the crash.

Exactly: It's been tested, it works on YOU, any other rammers, and all with miscalculated driver errors in the game; who only learned the easy typical fly-cam view.

It teaches and forces racers to focus on racing at all times: Stop focusing or whining about your side mirror being hit. Stop begging for apologies. Stop searching for the guy that rammed you and focus on the winning the race.

if cockpit too challenging? By all means please exit the lobby, only the best will stay (and believe me the best always give good races). Rammers don't have a chance, they are left crying, they cant handle forced cockpit. (if you think they can, YOU prove it).

Basically a deterrent for anyone not skilled enough with awareness to force race in the driver's SEAT;

If I get hit I move on, no time to worry about finding the perp that rammed me because they will soon be somewhere crashed again, while I'm strolling past them at the finish line. Because I will not allow myself to stoop to their level to finish last or not at all.

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 20:56
Exactly: It's been tested, it works on YOU and any other rammers in the game.

Basically a deterrent for anyone not skilled enough with awareness to race in the driver's seat. Anymore questions?

LMAO.

Ohhh, so you think that just because someone uses in car view, they wont ram you off the track. OK.

In car is not my prefered camera choice, but I can still drive with it.

How and when was it tested on me?

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 21:03
EDIT: Oops

My bad.

Sorry

AdM1
05-08-2015, 21:07
Exactly: It's been tested, it works on YOU and any other rammers in the game.

Basically a deterrent for anyone not skilled enough with awareness to race in the driver's seat. Anymore questions?

Should probably go find the sim game that has forced cockpit view then as PC isn't one of them..

Unfortunately in a game there is no real life physics that you feel, for example if you actually drive a car you feel the rear end step out and you know about it instantly when playing a game in a cockpit view you cant so I find it makes car control hard, maybe you get a better feel for this through wheel feedback?

I race chase cam, I've tried cockpit with no luck, does it make me a noob? Maybe so, I'm not really too fussed what some nobody on a forum thinks but I do race clean.

Like RTA though when things get dirty I can get dirty too, that's just how I play and everyone plays different.

havocc
05-08-2015, 21:11
I used bumper cam on other games and with pc but then i started using cockpit cam and after few hours to get used to the the restricted fov i loved it! Also I totally dislike external cams, this is not nfs or gta...

Charger
05-08-2015, 21:14
Yeah, I believe we have. Which is why I was under the impression you had ended with your obsession with me, blocked me, and were ignoring me on forums.

A reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWjLtIqTFU&index=76&list=PLC6g4mDRZ4s-vFLrKgKuxnjS5qa6a99I_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpktdoiWZTw&list=PLC6g4mDRZ4s-vFLrKgKuxnjS5qa6a99I_&index=75

Lol, Wrong Charger, you raced me on PC and we had a good time, I didn't block you, you are still on my Steam friends list lol. I am RWB Charger.

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 21:17
I used bumper cam on other games but then i started using cockpit and after few hours i loved it!

I can drive with it, I just prefer to see the car and all the track, as its a game, and I cannot feel through my seat what the car is doing, and I get no FFB like you get with a wheel, using a controller.

There is no right or wrong view, whatever allows you to feel comfortable is what you should use.

@CopperySinger Just out of interest, what time have you got on the Nordschleife Capri event? If you have done it?

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 21:33
Lol, Wrong Charger, you raced me on PC and we had a good time, I didn't block you, you are still on my Steam friends list lol. I am RWB Charger.

FFS - LOL

Sorry mate.

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-08-2015, 21:38
Lol, Same Shit different day RTA eh? Have we not been through this before on Autosport? You are opening yourself up again by retaliating and becoming as bad as the rammers, you were told this months ago and it seems you have not learn't a thing.

Nothing to see here people, Move along!

Ok, now I know who I'm talking to....DOH!

Yeah I know SSDD. Im trying my best, and for the most part I really am, biting my tongue etc. That guy was the 1st person, I've got "slightly" annoyed with.

There is defo less idiots on here, but they're still around. :)

CopperySinger5
05-08-2015, 21:52
LMAO.

Ohhh, so you think that just because someone uses in car view, they wont ram you off the track. OK.

In car is not my prefered camera choice, but I can still drive with it.

How and when was it tested on me?

LMASo.
Every time you quit a lobby that enforces cockpit view, you've been tested.

Bubbs
05-08-2015, 22:25

Jason, there's a problem with this image...

The car is pointing in the correct direction and is still over the track surface.

:p ;)

RTA nOsKiLlS
06-08-2015, 00:05
LMASo.
Every time you quit a lobby that enforces cockpit view, you've been tested.

Ah, well in that case, I've not been tested yet. I haven't joined a cockpit only lobby.

Easiest way to keep me from staying in the lobby is a 90 min practice followed by a 90 min qualifying followed by a 1 lap race.

CopperySinger5
06-08-2015, 00:09
Rammer's demise.

sorry for the night recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJDvSA_p_p0

I guess the racer wanted a lesson, and he taught himself one. What do you think?

Charger
06-08-2015, 00:33
Rammer's demise.

I guess the racer wanted a lesson, and he taught himself one. What do you think?

I think you went looking for it, why can't everyone just chill, give and take, if someones quicker let them pass and catch them up, it makes you quicker and more determined, it's just a game lads and ladeez.

SpeedFreakDTM
06-08-2015, 00:50
Rammer's demise.

Where is the disposal?

That other car could just have been new to racing games, his lights don't appear to be working, maybe he didn't know that turn was there. It could be a kid stuck in helmet cam. What happened before that? Maybe you accidentally crashed him, and he thinks your a rammer.

I cannot form a definitive opinion as I've only seen a small clip of what appears to have been a long race.

RTA's video was much more entertaining.

CopperySinger5
06-08-2015, 00:58
I think you went looking for it, why can't everyone just chill, give and take, if someones quicker let them pass and catch them up, it makes you quicker and more determined, it's just a game lads and ladeez.

In case you wandering, no i'm not hot headed at revenge. Not looking for rammers but showing you how to beat them at their own game without the harassment.

CopperySinger5
06-08-2015, 01:09
Where is the disposal?

That other car could just have been new to racing games, his lights don't appear to be working, maybe he didn't know that turn was there. It could be a kid stuck in helmet cam. What happened before that? Maybe you accidentally crashed him, and he thinks your a rammer.

I cannot form a definitive opinion as I've only seen a small clip of what appears to have been a long race.

RTA's video was much more entertaining.

It's obvious that YOU are RTA in disguise claiming to be a buddy of his, or something. Because in a thread with rammer complaints, no-one should promoting any type of retaliation seen his video. My video showing YOU how to deal with rammers without crying and begging for kicking privileges. If you are looking for entertainment I'll show you another video in another thread with another topic at another time.

MrFlibble81
06-08-2015, 01:53

Think it might be time for this thread to be locked.....

CopperySinger5
06-08-2015, 02:19

Think it might be time for this thread to be locked.....

LoL. Some racers noobs or whatever you may refer, Don't know that they are rammers until that instinct kicks in. The video shows him taking the lead until... but note this lobby was with no ASSISTS and cockpit view. I doubt he was a noob at racing but maybe a noob for me.

SpeedFreakDTM
06-08-2015, 02:37
It's obvious that YOU are RTA in disguise claiming to be a buddy of his, or something. Because in a thread with rammer complaints, no-one should promoting any type of retaliation seen his video. My video showing YOU how to deal with rammers without crying and begging for kicking privileges. If you are looking for entertainment I'll show you another video in another thread with another topic at another time.

[OK, you got me, I am RTA.(Sarcasm)] I've heard it all now. Just because I say someone's video was more entertaining, you say i'm that person in disguise? OoooooooKKkkkkkkkkkkkkk

You video is called "Rammer Disposal" but I aint seeing no disposal of anything or anyone. Just two cars racing an one guy trying to ram the other. You dont react an kudos to you. He missed and looked even more stupid.

Its not a solution to the ramming problem, its just a video of you nearly being crashed.
At least in RTA's video, his solution gets rid of the problem from that lobby. You may not agree with the tactics, but you cannot deny they worked.

Im always looking for entertainment, I was getting enough reading this thread, so where's the other entertaining vid?

Iamlegion
06-08-2015, 07:19
EDIT: Oops

My bad.

Sorry

Man those videos make you look like you're out for petty revenge. I bet everyone in the game thought "Rammer!"

Rammers are bothersome. Retaliatory ramming will make things worse and is therefore not an option.

I also vote to close this thread.

NeonFlux
06-08-2015, 08:32
LoL. Some racers noobs or whatever you may refer, Don't know that they are rammers until that instinct kicks in. The video shows him taking the lead until... but note this lobby was with no ASSISTS and cockpit view. I doubt he was a noob at racing but maybe a noob for me.

@CopperySlinger..... don't know why you seem surprised that there was a "rammer" in a no assist/cockpit view lobby. Just because someone uses theses options in racing doesn't make them better or cleaner than those who choose to use different options (as demonstrated by your video)... infact I've lost count of the amount of times I've been taken out by someone using cockpit view because they couldn't see me or because they can't control their car without traction on.

Also not sure why you seem so against a host to kick function and accuse those who want it of "crying and begging". Don't mean to get personal but as someone who thinks a host kick function would be a good idea I found your words a tad condescending.

CopperySinger5
06-08-2015, 12:14
@CopperySlinger..... don't know why you seem surprised that there was a "rammer" in a no assist/cockpit view lobby. Just because someone uses theses options in racing doesn't make them better or cleaner than those who choose to use different options (as demonstrated by your video)... infact I've lost count of the amount of times I've been taken out by someone using cockpit view because they couldn't see me or because they can't control their car without traction on.

Also not sure why you seem so against a host to kick function and accuse those who want it of "crying and begging". Don't mean to get personal but as someone who thinks a host kick function would be a good idea I found your words a tad condescending.

Doesn't mean they are skilled just because they choose to TRY cockpit. You have to master your assists and flycam then extend on the difficulty. Train on what is easy first.

And... If you are wondering if I think those who rule the track when all the training wheels are off are superior? You are correct!

Im sure I can be a fast racer using assists and chase camera view, But theres is limited competition when I go without it. And quite frankly I enjoy leaving players in my smoke on the race track. I go without training wheels because I see too many rammers bragging about how good they think they are, but when you take away their ASSISTS, most I see is crying and begging me to "please slow down, wait for me". If I don't, then their rammer instinct kicks in thrown tantrums.

If you like your assists, keep em. But just know that there is a superior non-assist group out here that rammers can't touch. I know because I'm a part of that group and there are serious non-assists racers out there that can really burn the road up on me too; with clean overtakes every time. I enjoy races in Project CARS where there is a challenge, and practicing my suggested method will turn a typical rammer into a true racing phenomenon. "drops mic"

MrFlibble81
06-08-2015, 12:34

Really think it's time this thread got locked....

RTA nOsKiLlS
06-08-2015, 14:19

Really think it's time this thread got locked....

Why?

MrFlibble81
06-08-2015, 14:24
Because it seems to be descending further and further into senseless he said/he did this and that so this is what I did and there's nothing useful being said anymore.

RTA nOsKiLlS
06-08-2015, 14:28
If you like your assists, keep em. But just know that there is a superior non-assist group out here that rammers can't touch. I know because I'm a part of that group

Superior? With twitchy steering like that?

You need some gloves. They will help you add even more immersion to the game. Just think how superior you'd be then.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/race-gloves

RTA nOsKiLlS
06-08-2015, 14:32
Because it seems to be descending further and further into senseless he said/he did this and that so this is what I did and there's nothing useful being said anymore.

I know, but its a thread about rammers. There is no useful information on the subject. Avoid them, beat them at their own game, or run away. Until the host can kick, these people will be a problem. :)

CopperySinger5
06-08-2015, 15:55
Superior? With twitchy steering like that?

You need some gloves. They will help you add even more immersion to the game. Just think how superior you'd be then.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/race-gloves

Based on your comment I quickly assume you still use assists. I know it seem like a bold statement, I shall explain. You see traction control is part of your stability management system it provides an automatic regulation over bumps or when accel exiting corners. Assists= more automatic stability (less wheel twitchy) but less input response:uncomfortableness:. Assists also masks the tuning in some areas. In Project CARS, tuning plays the magic factor in no assists lobbies, you can tune the car for more or less stability and response and experience real comparisons. MY video shows twitchy handling because there was a sacrifice of stability for more response needed for that particular event. Non assists requires a more advanced tuning schema; this is why rammers stumble with no assist, they just simply don't know this. Go to the garage tuning and setup thread, there you will find some really smart sim tuning engineers that can help you tweak any car to rid the rammers. But fine by me if you want to continue to endlessly beg SMS to bail you out from the rammers.

Braken99
06-08-2015, 16:45
Some people deserve getting smashed like that. When i used to play forza id pull out my police car and take care of a few of the really bad apples. You have to be careful though, sometimes its just a bad connection with lags that cause this but sometimes people are just dumbasses and when you race every day and everyone has problems with one driver who probably comes straight out and tells you hes gonna wreck you before the race even ztarts, well then its go time.

RTA nOsKiLlS
06-08-2015, 16:54
Based on your comment I quickly assume you still use assists. I know it seem like a bold statement, I shall explain. You see traction control is part of your stability management system it provides an automatic regulation over bumps or when accel exiting corners. Assists= more automatic stability (less wheel twitchy) but less input response:uncomfortableness:. Assists also masks the tuning in some areas. In Project CARS, tuning plays the magic factor in no assists lobbies, you can tune the car for more or less stability and response and experience real comparisons. MY video shows twitchy handling because there was a sacrifice of stability for more response needed for that particular event. Non assists requires a more advanced tuning schema; this is why rammers stumble with no assist, they just simply don't know this. Go to the garage tuning and setup thread, there you will find some really smart sim tuning engineers that can help you tweak any car to rid the rammers. But fine by me if you want to continue to endlessly beg SMS to bail you out from the rammers.

Yes, I still use assists in lobbies where assists are allowed. Then no one has an unfair advantage.

You can tune a car for more stability or less, with assists on too.

I do the tuning myself. I fail to see how a tuning setup is going to get rid of rammers from a lobby.

Please can you quote any and all of the posts I have made, begging SMS to bail me out from the rammers. I just want the host to have the power to kick. Failing that, I will resort to the tried and tested method I used on previous games.

Without a host ability to kick, the only sure way to stop "rammers" from ramming you, is to harass them to the point, where they don't want to hit you anymore. You may not want to stoop to their level, and that's ok. I don't really want to either, but I have done in the past, and I will do in the future for special people. It really works, eventually they just don't want to be in the lobby and don't even wait for the race to start.

You method of keep taking it until they miss completely, is not for me. I prefer, once I've been deliberately rammed, to continually do it back to the person(not everyone in the lobby, just the rammer) until they leave. Then message them, and asked them if enjoyed their Xbox Live Experience.

RTA nOsKiLlS
06-08-2015, 17:00
Some people deserve getting smashed like that. When i used to play forza id pull out my police car and take care of a few of the really bad apples. You have to be careful though, sometimes its just a bad connection with lags that cause this but sometimes people are just dumbasses and when you race every day and everyone has problems with one driver who probably comes straight out and tells you hes gonna wreck you before the race even ztarts, well then its go time.

+1

LMFAO!!! The last Forza I played was 4. I used to play R2 class, I had a couple of "REVENGE TANKS". Specially tuned vehicle for the job. 4WD, MAX power, MAX weight, but actually drivable enough to get your revenge. Of course it had to have some appropriate decals on the sides. ;)

RTA nOsKiLlS
06-08-2015, 17:11
First got the game, I had the assists off, but I found that people could go past me on the outside of turns with no problems. I saw plenty of clips of people using them, so I tried them, and I could go round the turns just as fast and the other cars on the track. This is the only time I've turned TC and SC off, since the first few days. I have it set a 15% in the dry. If I have to drive with no assists I can do. Even without ABS, but I have to drop the pressure a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8snDNGsiwc&list=PLC6g4mDRZ4s-kwlrkAOkWvfpMDJhltzfw&index=9

Iamlegion
06-08-2015, 20:54
Without a host ability to kick, the only sure way to stop "rammers" from ramming you, is to harass them to the point, where they don't want to hit you anymore. You may not want to stoop to their level, and that's ok. I don't really want to either, but I have done in the past, and I will do in the future for special people. It really works, eventually they just don't want to be in the lobby and don't even wait for the race to start.

You method of keep taking it until they miss completely, is not for me. I prefer, once I've been deliberately rammed, to continually do it back to the person(not everyone in the lobby, just the rammer) until they leave. Then message them, and asked them if enjoyed their Xbox Live Experience.

Right, rammers will totally not like you joining their rampage..

You may be seriously misguided.

RTA nOsKiLlS
06-08-2015, 23:03
Right, rammers will totally not like you joining their rampage..

You may be seriously misguided.

Well its worked for me since Grid 1. Idiots leave, good racers stay and have a good race.

The whole point, is not to just join their rampage, but instead to disrupt their rampage, and stop them from being able to hit anyone. Thus, making them bored.

Like I said, it works.

It might cause some people morality issues, but not me. ;)

CopperySinger5
07-08-2015, 01:00
Well its worked for me since Grid 1. Idiots leave, good racers stay and have a good race.

The whole point, is not to just join their rampage, but instead to disrupt their rampage, and stop them from being able to hit anyone. Thus, making them bored.

Like I said, it works.

Hmm... I would say, with TIME you shall learn to ignore the asinine ramming activities instead of joining them, Based on your remarks maybe not in Project cars but some TIME down the road. It seems that you still have a passion to conquer those type of activities. I remember when I was a little child I used to run around the yard and play "Tag your out" with my little buddies; it was soo fun especially when I win and got them out, hehe. So it is completely normal for some gamers to have that type of mindset. Because after all we've all been there before.

NeonFlux
07-08-2015, 07:29
Doesn't mean they are skilled just because they choose to TRY cockpit. You have to master your assists and flycam then extend on the difficulty. Train on what is easy first.

And... If you are wondering if I think those who rule the track when all the training wheels are off are superior? You are correct!

Im sure I can be a fast racer using assists and chase camera view, But theres is limited competition when I go without it. And quite frankly I enjoy leaving players in my smoke on the race track. I go without training wheels because I see too many rammers bragging about how good they think they are, but when you take away their ASSISTS, most I see is crying and begging me to "please slow down, wait for me". If I don't, then their rammer instinct kicks in thrown tantrums.

If you like your assists, keep em. But just know that there is a superior non-assist group out here that rammers can't touch. I know because I'm a part of that group and there are serious non-assists racers out there that can really burn the road up on me too; with clean overtakes every time. I enjoy races in Project CARS where there is a challenge, and practicing my suggested method will turn a typical rammer into a true racing phenomenon. "drops mic"

We've obviously had very different experiences then because I'm not aware of one single rammer who has magically changed their ways simply by turning assists off. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

With regards your own perceived superiority, sorry I'm not convinced. I would prefer to base my opinions on hard facts and not hearsay. For me the type of assists someone does or doesn't use isn't the defining factor of their "superiority". As one of the EMW guys said in another thread "fast is fast and slow is slow". I know many fast drivers and not one of them would harp on about how "superior" they are to others. They don't need to (and most are too humble) - everyone can see how good they are from their leaderboard times and the way they race.

On a different note I also think that RTA should visit the project cars tuning database. Maybe if he were to use one of those instead of his own tunes it might slow him down a bit :)

RTA nOsKiLlS
07-08-2015, 09:05
Hmm... I would say, with TIME you shall learn to ignore the asinine ramming activities instead of joining them, Based on your remarks maybe not in Project cars but some TIME down the road. It seems that you still have a passion to conquer those type of activities. I remember when I was a little child I used to run around the yard and play "Tag your out" with my little buddies; it was soo fun especially when I win and got them out, hehe. So it is completely normal for some gamers to have that type of mindset. Because after all we've all been there before.

Nope, I will never just ignore someone who has deliberately taken me out. I think to myself, who was that? Why did they do they to me? Why don't they say sorry? Why should I take that? I'm not taking that!. Have it back, 10times worse. Do they like it? Are they getting annoyed? Well, have some more, and more, and some more. Do they still want to ram me? If yes, simply repeat for a few races.

That's my mindset. Its only deliberate, trouble causing people who get that treatment. Not decent people, who have made a simple genuine mistake.

I treat people how they treat me. Treat me badly, I'll treat you worse.

I'm happy you have such vivid memories of being an innocent little child, playing tag with your friends. That all happened too many years ago for me to remember. Its got nothing to do with rammers on a video game though.

In time, those childhood memories will fade. ;)

RTA nOsKiLlS
07-08-2015, 09:07
On a different note I also think that RTA should visit the project cars tuning database. Maybe if he were to use one of those instead of his own tunes it might slow him down a bit :)

I'll have my Bentley setup back then. :):););););)

Iamlegion
07-08-2015, 09:30
Nope, I will never just ignore someone who has deliberately taken me out. I think to myself, who was that? Why did they do they to me? Why don't they say sorry? Why should I take that? I'm not taking that!. Have it back, 10times worse. Do they like it? Are they getting annoyed? Well, have some more, and more, and some more. Do they still want to ram me? If yes, simply repeat for a few races.

That's my mindset. Its only deliberate, trouble causing people who get that treatment. Not decent people, who have made a simple genuine mistake.

You may want to review your own video in the first post, because to me it looks like you're doing the exact opposite.

Iamlegion
07-08-2015, 09:39

Like I said, it works.

I'm just trying to propose a different approach. Consider that ignoring them may work even faster as you're not fueling their fire and will protect the "newbies" from random vigilante justice..

And if someone seriously races dirty and gives you a nudge when you're passing, why stoop to their level? And where is the "EXTREMELY cleanly" in that?

CopperySinger5
07-08-2015, 10:35
Hello drivers,

Today was my first day of project cars, i really love this game but for one thing, rammers. In 80% of my online races, whenever I had a battle with another driver for a position, he went into me after a couple of laps and rammed me out of the circuit.Is this normal in this game or i was unlucky with the match making?

Supercarlos, This game's ESRB is rated for everyone. We must accept that sometimes we may encounter immature gamers. Obviously here, they play "bam bam I got you back" instead of racing. Welcome to the game.

Heehaw4x4
07-08-2015, 11:03

I treat people how they treat me. Treat me badly, I'll treat you worse.

I'm happy you have such vivid memories of being an innocent little child, playing tag with your friends. That all happened too many years ago for me to remember. Its got nothing to do with rammers on a video game though.

In time, those childhood memories will fade. ;)

and... also mention the hot lap video you posted that has no relation to help the OP. pretty much childish. It better you admit your youth to the people than to claim you are grown. what kind of adult act like this? none.

RTA nOsKiLlS
07-08-2015, 11:40
and... also mention the hot lap video you posted that has no relation to help the OP. pretty much childish. It better you admit your youth to the people than to claim you are grown. what kind of adult act like this? none.

The kind who has had enough of idiots, and has no way to rid them from the lobby, as show in the Road America video.

The hot lap video, in the lotus 49 was simply showing I can drive without TC and SC just fine, I just chose to use them.

RTA nOsKiLlS
07-08-2015, 11:56
You may want to review your own video in the first post, because to me it looks like you're doing the exact opposite.

No, I've reviewed it enough. The RUF turns left to hit me. Watch it again you must have missed the orange RUF, running me quite deliberately into the wall.

The "EXTREMELY cleanly" part, comes before someone decides to ram me into a wall. Once a person does that, I no longer bother to race cleanly around that person. I even waited untill after the race, as I wondered if the guy was going to apologise.

No apology and or acknowledgement of any kind of incident was received. That pisses me off.

Don't deliberately crash me, I wont deliberately crash you. Why is that such a difficult concept for you to grasp?

Accidents and little bumps happen all the time. They don't bother me. Most people, including me, APOLOGISE for them.
But when someone takes you out, rams you into a wall, and doesn't have any comment to make about it, tells me it was very deliberate. Thats the point the extremely clean racing goes out the window for that guy. :)

Heehaw4x4
07-08-2015, 13:55
The kind who has had enough of idiots, and has no way to rid them from the lobby, as show in the Road America video.

The hot lap video, in the lotus 49 was simply showing I can drive without TC and SC just fine, I just chose to use them.

really?

housty01
07-08-2015, 14:29
ive been involved in a few accidents and sometimes think it is deliberate but i find the chat is unreliable as i cannot hear or do not think my voice is coming through on the chat so when i do apologise when it is my fault i don't think it is heard.......is this another bug ???

RTA nOsKiLlS
07-08-2015, 15:06
ive been involved in a few accidents and sometimes think it is deliberate but i find the chat is unreliable as i cannot hear or do not think my voice is coming through on the chat so when i do apologise when it is my fault i don't think it is heard.......is this another bug ???

I'm not sure, but I know the txt message function works. :)

RTA nOsKiLlS
07-08-2015, 15:09
really?

No, but the rammer can, seeing as the only thing they want to do is ram.

But they cant when you don't let them get close enough.

Nice pic though. :)

Iwanchek
08-08-2015, 12:25
i hate them. they ruin the game experience!!!
you canīt complege one sector without being rammed few times. i pay 70 euros like you guys for this game, and we didit have any solutions in term of rammers....

iīve pr-ordered the game, got it on day one and till now iīve hade only 10% fair races, but i play all the damn time....mostly great lobbies are unplayable!

AB_Attack
08-08-2015, 13:26
5% and this is not the PCars online community only but a worldwide problem.
Selfishness and lack of education.
We have destroyed the education and now we see the results.
The online world is just a mirror of the real world.

That in combination with that most don't have any racing knowledge. They don't know that blocking is not allowed. They don't know the difference between defending and blocking. They don't have any fair play sentiments. They don't understand that they have to brake early being on the inside so not to drift into the car on the outside. There are so many things they don't understand. They are perfectly well kitted to play NFS though.

RTA nOsKiLlS
08-08-2015, 13:41
That in combination with that most don't have any racing knowledge. They don't know that blocking is not allowed. They don't know the difference between defending and blocking. They don't have any fair play sentiments. They don't understand that they have to brake early being on the inside so not to drift into the car on the outside. There are so many things they don't understand. They are perfectly well kitted to play NFS though.

+1 :)

CopperySinger5
08-08-2015, 14:16

If on the ps4, Driveclub; not to bash that game but it is the holy land for rammers because you never get whipped out. On the other hand, Project cars is more suited for proper racing.

I remember finding many decent online lobbies in the formula classes before the first patch, I presume that many where dissatisfied with the stability of the game and kinda left for a while. But mark my word, i'm guessing after the BIG 3.0 patch that fixes all that was broken you will start to see more decent racers returning to this game. And rammers will have to start driving or face extinction.

Iamlegion
10-08-2015, 13:28
No, I've reviewed it enough. The RUF turns left to hit me. Watch it again you must have missed the orange RUF, running me quite deliberately into the wall.

The "EXTREMELY cleanly" part, comes before someone decides to ram me into a wall. Once a person does that, I no longer bother to race cleanly around that person. I even waited untill after the race, as I wondered if the guy was going to apologise.

No apology and or acknowledgement of any kind of incident was received. That pisses me off.

Don't deliberately crash me, I wont deliberately crash you. Why is that such a difficult concept for you to grasp?

Accidents and little bumps happen all the time. They don't bother me. Most people, including me, APOLOGISE for them.
But when someone takes you out, rams you into a wall, and doesn't have any comment to make about it, tells me it was very deliberate. Thats the point the extremely clean racing goes out the window for that guy. :)

No no, I get the concept, I just don't agree with the approach. A lot of times you can't tell if it's deliberate and not everyone bothers with messaging or has a mic attached to proclaim their innocence. This is why I propose a more lenient approach, as you're "ramming rammers till they leave" tactic causes more harm than good IMO.

If I accidentally take you out and maybe don't even notice because a lot of stuff happens at the beginning of a race and you retaliate with rage ramming me, that makes you a rammer. Nothing more.

Umer Ahmad
10-08-2015, 13:31
Right, "Revenge ramming" is still ramming.

An MP race last night i was P2 and rhe guy behind me hit me off track end of first lap and i dropped few positions. I didnt retaliate, i just recovered quickly and continued finishing P2.

OverTheLine
10-08-2015, 13:48
hey guys, we hate rammers, they ruin racing, but if you want, then why not join our open group - we cannot eliminate it outright, but we have a penalty system, with point deductions and auto bans for certain behaviour, meaning after time, we filter our players down to be fair and competative. , take a look if interested

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chequeredflagendurance

CopperySinger5
10-08-2015, 14:11
Right, "Revenge ramming" is still ramming.

An MP race last night i was P2 and rhe guy behind me hit me off track end of first lap and i dropped few positions. I didnt retaliate, i just recovered quickly and continued finishing P2.

duly noted... I commend you for that and even though you didn't finish first you are still a champion imho. Your actions made you far more SUPERIOR than both rammer and revenge rammer (or cry/whiner).

Umer Ahmad
10-08-2015, 16:03
duly noted... I commend you for that and even though you didn't finish first you are still a champion imho. Your actions made you far more SUPERIOR than both rammer and revenge rammer (or cry/whiner).

I'm pretty sure the guy did not MEAN to take me off track, the game is just sensitive that way. It was quite similar to RTA's video actually. Left rear quarter panel hit that turned me leftwards off track. Lucily it was at Dubai so plenty of run-off to manage the save. There was no reason for revenge hitting him, ended up nicely battling for P2 with the same guy half a lap later.

Except for the most blantant standing-on-track or driving-opposite-direction it's hard to classify anything as ramming*. Some people also have incredible lag so their cars are warping eveywhere and they dont even know it.

* there are many people that dont have enough practice with braking when in a pack/group or chasing an opponent. You must brake earlier than if you are alone. Even i commited this mistake yesterday. A Road America lobby, I was chasing a guy who seemed to match my speed. We got to the kink and he braked surprisingly early and i tapped his rear bumper. Neither of us ended off-track but the guy behind me passed both of us. I chatted "sry" to the guy immediately and the race continued normally.

NeonFlux
11-08-2015, 08:11
No no, I get the concept, I just don't agree with the approach. A lot of times you can't tell if it's deliberate and not everyone bothers with messaging or has a mic attached to proclaim their innocence. This is why I propose a more lenient approach, as you're "ramming rammers till they leave" tactic causes more harm than good IMO.

If I accidentally take you out and maybe don't even notice because a lot of stuff happens at the beginning of a race and you retaliate with rage ramming me, that makes you a rammer. Nothing more.

People not bothering to message "sry" is part of the problem IMHO.... it's a complete lack of manners/etiquette and basically says "stuff you". As for someone not even noticing, awareness is a part of racing so it's no excuse. I have no problem with people having accidents but when the same people do it time and time again and can't even be bothered to apologise for wrecking someone's race and enjoyment, it gets tiresome.

RTA nOsKiLlS
11-08-2015, 08:29

OK, well suppose you accidentally take me out every race, and never apologise. (This has happened to me on Grid.) Eventually I get fed up with the person, and take them out BEFORE they get chance to have yet another accident with me. You are not a clean racer if you are continually having accidents. You may be aiming to be a clean racer and have the best intentions, but until your actions match your intentions, you will never be a clean racer.

When you are a clean racer, taking someone out, can happen accidentally, but thats where the difference between a clean racer and a rammer become apparent. The clean racer will wait, and not want to gain a position from knocking someone off the track. When that happens you instantly know that person made a mistake, and they are sorry, why else would they abandon the race and wait for you to rejoin the track?

A rammer will just drive off into the sunset, not caring.

I know who is around my car all the time. If you cannot be bothered to pay attention, and dont know other cars are near you, that is your problem. This is why incar view sucks, its not the same as sitting in a car in real life, its squashed into a single screen, and you cannot see anything other than your living room or whatever room you're in, out of the corner of your eyes. 3 screens may help with this, but I dont think thats an option for consoles.

Of Course decent drivers can still be inside the car ingame and still know whats going on around them, but not everyone is good enough for that.

Paulo Ribeiro
11-08-2015, 08:33
Please, stop ramming us with that arguement :cool:

feloney_x
11-08-2015, 10:04
if you are playing in 3rd person or follow cam w/e you want to call like you are in the video then ya i would hope you know who's around you but here's the thing not every one is.when you are in cockpit or inter. view using you mirr. to see behind you ,you have blind spots ok even if you put up the big funky mirr on the hud you still are limited to seeing only whats not in a blind spot there's a reason its called a BLIND SPOT lol most of the time if you grill is past there rear axle and you are not pretty close to them they will never see you in less they turn there head it happens to me all day in the formula cars i don't see them till there front end is up past the middle of my car so when they behind me i see, then while passing there's a point where they dis appear from view.

Paulo Ribeiro
11-08-2015, 10:19
if you are playing in 3rd person or follow cam w/e you want to call like you are in the video then ya i would hope you know who's around you but here's the thing not every one is.when you are in cockpit or inter. view using you mirr. to see behind you ,you have blind spots ok even if you put up the big funky mirr on the hud you still are limited to seeing only whats not in a blind spot there's a reason its called a BLIND SPOT lol most of the time if you grill is past there rear axle and you are not pretty close to them they will never see you in less they turn there head it happens to me all day in the formula cars i don't see them till there front end is up past the middle of my car so when they behind me i see, then while passing there's a point where they dis appear from view.

God, i'm tired. :p

Iamlegion
11-08-2015, 10:51
OK, well suppose you accidentally take me out every race, and never apologise. (This has happened to me on Grid.) Eventually I get fed up with the person, and take them out BEFORE they get chance to have yet another accident with me. You are not a clean racer if you are continually having accidents. You may be aiming to be a clean racer and have the best intentions, but until your actions match your intentions, you will never be a clean racer.

When you are a clean racer, taking someone out, can happen accidentally, but thats where the difference between a clean racer and a rammer become apparent. The clean racer will wait, and not want to gain a position from knocking someone off the track. When that happens you instantly know that person made a mistake, and they are sorry, why else would they abandon the race and wait for you to rejoin the track?

A rammer will just drive off into the sunset, not caring.

I know who is around my car all the time. If you cannot be bothered to pay attention, and dont know other cars are near you, that is your problem. This is why incar view sucks, its not the same as sitting in a car in real life, its squashed into a single screen, and you cannot see anything other than your living room or whatever room you're in, out of the corner of your eyes. 3 screens may help with this, but I dont think thats an option for consoles.

Of Course decent drivers can still be inside the car ingame and still know whats going on around them, but not everyone is good enough for that.

Well some of us like the immersion of the cockpit view, even if we're not so great.
Maybe you also aren't aware of the fact that professional drivers sometimes miss seeing a car to the side or behind. And it doesn't necessarily have to be in the blind spot, as they could be paying more attention to whats going on in front of them. (Peripheral vision would be nice though..)

And even if he didn't bother to apologise for running you off, that makes him rude, not a rammer. And according to you, that deserves some ramming... making YOU a rammer.

I also don't see how 'clean' racing correlates to not having accidents. Having accidents is bad driving, which can be clean or not, depending on behavior. Dirty drivers can be accident free as well. That doesn't make them 'clean'.

CopperySinger5
11-08-2015, 16:36
+1

LMFAO!!! The last Forza I played was 4. I used to play R2 class, I had a couple of "REVENGE TANKS". Specially tuned vehicle for the job. 4WD, MAX power, MAX weight, but actually drivable enough to get your revenge. Of course it had to have some appropriate decals on the sides. ;)

I played Forza 4 too, you would have never caught me with those heavy "GARBAGE TANKS" on the track (Sauber c9 top 50 "bye-bye") and OLR club.

RTA nOsKiLlS
11-08-2015, 16:47
I played Forza 4 too, you would have never caught me with those heavy "GARBAGE TANKS" on the track (Sauber c9 top 50 "bye-bye") and OLR club.

C9 was R1 or X class. Not R2, where I raced. :)

CopperySinger5
11-08-2015, 16:50
C9 was R1 or X class. Not R2, where I raced. :)
well, lower specs made it even more "bye-bye". And "Garbage Tanks" are not used for champion Forza 4 racing. So you were a rammer back then too? what a small world, no wonder I never saw you; You must have been too busy fanning away my dust racing in garbage trucks...

RTA nOsKiLlS
11-08-2015, 16:58
Well some of us like the immersion of the cockpit view, even if we're not so great.
Maybe you also aren't aware of the fact that professional drivers sometimes miss seeing a car to the side or behind. And it doesn't necessarily have to be in the blind spot, as they could be paying more attention to whats going on in front of them. (Peripheral vision would be nice though..)

And even if he didn't bother to apologise for running you off, that makes him rude, not a rammer. And according to you, that deserves some ramming... making YOU a rammer.

I also don't see how 'clean' racing correlates to not having accidents. Having accidents is bad driving, which can be clean or not, depending on behavior. Dirty drivers can be accident free as well. That doesn't make them 'clean'.

Professional drivers sometimes miss seeing cars......thats real life. This is a game. IRL they have stewards who can decide what happens and what punishment there should be or not. In a game, we have no stewards.

I guess I should have said "incidents" instead of "accidents".

Im happy you get immersed into the game through a flat screen, but for me thats never going to happen. Maybe it would if I had a simulator seat and wheel n pedals, and 5 screens. But I know i'm at home, on the couch, looking at a tv. When I put it to incar view, i'm still at home on the couch looking at a tv, only now 70% of the screen is covered with the inside of the car.

Yes, Ramming, deserves more ramming. Only bigger and better than it was done to you. That should convey the message. If it doesn't simply repeat the process until it does. ;)

RTA nOsKiLlS
11-08-2015, 17:14
well... that made it even more "bye-bye". And "Garbage Tanks" are not used for Forza racing. So you were a rammer back then too? what a small world ; no wonder I never saw you...

I've always raced clean. Every racing game I've played, some of the players will try to ram me off the track.

I've always rammed these people back. I always will.

If they wanted to race clean, they wouldn't have rammed me off the track in the 1st place.

"Garbage Tanks" are not used for racing, that is correct. They are used for revenge. 1000+ bhp and 4wd + weight, means very fast acceleration. In R2 class they were perfect for getting to some one at the start, and making sure they didn't make the first turn. Then I'd sit in front of them, and because of the weight, they cannot push me. By this time, the race is over for them, and they leave. Then I'd sit on the grass, and wait for the race to finish. Pick a proper car, and have a race, without the rammer.

This has worked perfectly for me, on Grid 1, Grid2, Grid Autosport, F1 2010, F1 2011, Forza 4. It going to work on Project cars if the need arises. But so far its only happend twice. Thats pretty good going compared to my previous racing games.

I dont understand what your problem is with it. You got taken out, and you just took it. LMAO. The guy who did it, if he was just a rammer out to ram anyone he can hit, will no doubt do it to you again, and again. Sure he may miss spectacularly sometimes, but he will get you more than he misses im guessing.

But if, every time you encounter the guy, you go out of your way to stop him from driving, he wont want to be in a lobby with you. Then the problem is solved. They don't stay. They don't even try anymore, they just leave and search, leave n search, leave n search until they find a lobby without you.

This is why the host NEEDS to have the power to kick. Then If someone like you were to join my lobby, I could just kick you for being superior, before you do absolutely nothing to make someone stop and wait for you on lap 8. ;)

MAARTEN
11-08-2015, 17:16
I just participated in a online race at Donington Park. There was a a**hole that were stationery at the track and when we was about to pass him he tried to ram all of us. I crashed into him multiple times but happily i could survive.

Come on! In what way do these guys think its funny?!? Grow up!!!!

I won this race but he almost got me on the last lap and i was about to crash. I really hope there will by some automatic ban if the game senses that a car is stationary for a period of time or drive under a certain speed for to long.
I have been in several races where many of the cars never leave the grid and just stays there. In like 30 seconds they should be automatically disqualified.

WhoosierGirl
11-08-2015, 17:29
I don't like the permanent ghost idea that was mentioned earlier, seems a weird way to race without having to truly work to pass another car cleanly.
Here is a few ideas I had to fix some of the problems with multiplayer without having a host kick option that can be abused also.

During practice and qualifying;

Most of the rammers act the same way in practice and qualifying as they do in the race, removing them before the race could be one step to cleaner races.
There could be a DQ system in place during this time where multiple crashes into an opponent or sitting on the track is an automatic DQ from the upcoming race.

During the race;

Ghost all cars, for the first segment of the first lap.
Ghost a car that leaves the track for more than 2 seconds
Ghost a car that is "reset" to the track or returns to the track for 5 seconds
Ghost a car that is going in reverse until it is disqualified after 10 seconds
Remove the programmed "sticky glue" that keep cars stuck together during contact in the corners.
Disqualify to pit lane a car that sits still more than 5 seconds
Disqualify to pit lane a car that jumps the start on the first light (I have seen where a player will jump the start to get ahead and then park in the track :mad:)

CopperySinger5
11-08-2015, 18:03
I've always raced clean. Every racing game I've played, some of the players will try to ram me off the track.

If they wanted to race clean, they wouldn't have rammed me off the track in the 1st place.

"Garbage Tanks" are not used for racing, that is correct. They are used for revenge. 1000+ bhp and 4wd + weight, means very fast acceleration. In R2 class they were perfect for getting to some one at the start, and making sure they didn't make the first turn. Then I'd sit in front of them, and because of the weight, they cannot push me. By this time, the race is over for them, and they leave. Then I'd sit on the grass, and wait for the race to finish. Pick a proper car, and have a race, without the rammer.

This has worked perfectly for me, on Grid 1, Grid2, Grid Autosport, F1 2010, F1 2011, Forza 4. It going to work on Project cars if the need arises. But so far its only happend twice. Thats pretty good going compared to my previous racing games.

I dont understand what your problem is with it. You got taken out, and you just took it. LMAO. The guy who did it, if he was just a rammer out to ram anyone he can hit, will no doubt do it to you again, and again. Sure he may miss spectacularly sometimes, but he will get you more than he misses im guessing.

But if, every time you encounter the guy, you go out of your way to stop him from driving, he wont want to be in a lobby with you. Then the problem is solved. They don't stay. They don't even try anymore, they just leave and search, leave n search, leave n search until they find a lobby without you.

This is why the host NEEDS to have the power to kick. Then If someone like you were to join my lobby, I could just kick you for being superior, before you do absolutely nothing to make someone stop and wait for you on lap 8. ;)

I don't just take it, most of the time I'm trying my hardest to avoid them. And about 5% of their attempts made me a victim; most of the time it is like watching bloopers and follies from you rammers.

My secret to being able to just take it is humor. It is very hilarious to see non-racers flying across the track bombarding each other. Either because they can't drive, for fun or just mad at something. The funniest ones are the "Ram Revenger Super Heroes" (I bet you had a Hummer tricked out with a disturbing logo in Forza. You see, this stuff doesn't bother me at all) when i'm not feeling it I just leave and reunite with my real racing rivals. In Project CARS there is no incentive in ramming or racing, so why not just have a good professional race in the order of the game. If you are a racer why put all your heart into ram revenge? It is much more entertaining to go after the finish line and take the lead, than to ravel in stupidity with them imo. But as stated before, RTa n0 SKILLS if "Ram Revenger Super Heroes" continue to do this you will be sitting in the garbage tank mobile (But in your case, sitting above; fly-cam) fanning away smoke from the burning rubber of my mobile.

CopperySinger5
11-08-2015, 18:14
I don't like the permanent ghost idea that was mentioned earlier, seems a weird way to race without having to truly work to pass another car cleanly.
Here is a few ideas I had to fix some of the problems with multiplayer without having a host kick option that can be abused also.

During practice and qualifying;

Most of the rammers act the same way in practice and qualifying as they do in the race, removing them before the race could be one step to cleaner races.
There could be a DQ system in place during this time where multiple crashes into an opponent or sitting on the track is an automatic DQ from the upcoming race.

During the race;

Ghost all cars, for the first segment of the first lap.
Ghost a car that leaves the track for more than 2 seconds
Ghost a car that is "reset" to the track or returns to the track for 5 seconds
Ghost a car that is going in reverse until it is disqualified after 10 seconds
Remove the programmed "sticky glue" that keep cars stuck together during contact in the corners.
Disqualify to pit lane a car that sits still more than 5 seconds
Disqualify to pit lane a car that jumps the start on the first light (I have seen where a player will jump the start to get ahead and then park in the track :mad:)

I Agree,

I guess SMS intentionally made cars sticky so rammers can be glued together like "Lovebugs" lol.

RTA nOsKiLlS
11-08-2015, 20:11
I don't just take it, most of the time I'm trying my hardest to avoid them. And about 5% of their attempts made me a victim; most of the time it is like watching bloopers and follies from you rammers.

My secret to being able to just take it is humor. It is very hilarious to see non-racers flying across the track bombarding each other. Either because they can't drive, for fun or just mad at something. The funniest ones are the "Ram Revenger Super Heroes" (I bet you had a Hummer tricked out with a disturbing logo in Forza. You see, this stuff doesn't bother me at all) when i'm not feeling it I just leave and reunite with my real racing rivals. In Project CARS there is no incentive in ramming or racing, so why not just have a good professional race in the order of the game. If you are a racer why put all your heart into ram revenge? It is much more entertaining to go after the finish line and take the lead, than to ravel in stupidity with them imo. But as stated before, RTa n0 SKILLS if "Ram Revenger Super Heroes" continue to do this you will be sitting in the garbage tank mobile (But in your case, sitting above; fly-cam) fanning away smoke from the burning rubber of my mobile.

A Hummer?? No, I had a Merc C63 AMG. What use is an SUV?

It is much more entertaining to go for the win, yes. But when someone is out to stop you form enjoying a proper clean and fair race, and stopping others as well, its fun stopping them hit people, its even more fun laughing as you read they have left the lobby. You could call it a RAGE QUIT.

Then once they have left, EVERYONE in the lobby can carry on enjoying a proper race in the order of the game.

Maybe one day, I will be as good as you are, maybe I could one day join this superior group your in. I'd love to be able to get 43rd on the leaderboard. I could make a little video and have it on my youtube channel like you have.
58.0 in a FA car at Willow Springs, 43rd place, that's superior alright. That smoke your causing is from your wheels spinning, that's slowing you down. ;)

Enjoy your method. I will definitely enjoy mine.

DisagioAbbestia
11-08-2015, 22:48
The final frontier of eXtreme Ramming Simulation:

NIGHT RACES

Do you still want to make your mother proud of having thrown in the trash € 70? try NIGHT RACES
Whell, take your car, turn the light off, and smash the f**k every single stupid clean racers trying to enjoy this game!
IT'S SUPER FUN!!!1!!!11!!!
Pro tip: choose a black livery and park your car in a tight corner

[SERIOUS MODE ON] I don't care about people talking about keeping the simulation without ghosting backmarkers and cars stuck on the tracks.
Enough is enough. This game is becoming the rammers paradise.

Iamlegion
12-08-2015, 07:35

Oh the tedium..

I'm not a fan of ghosting though as getting through the first corner or a clean pass is exciting stuff and accidents are part of racing.
I'm with CopperySinger, that for example, real damage, manual gears and force cockpit view may discourage rammers. I like to believe the arcadey games the kids enjoy usually sport flycams and pcars generally frustrates them because it doesn't give them the quick dopamine fix they get from GTA.

RTA, try a wheel and pedals, you may like cockpit view as well ;)

NeonFlux
12-08-2015, 08:37
It's clear that some of you don't agree with giving rammers a taste of their own medicine... fair enough, each to their own. But I had a situation last night where I ended up hitting someone off the track on Ruapuna GP.

After qualifying 3rd I got taken out on the first turn, pretty much in the same fashion that RTA got taken out in his replay. I just thought OK, it's a tricky first turn, he may of got hit from behind or simply made a mistake. By the time I got back on the track I was 2nd from last with the dude who carried me out right behind me in last. The next turn he slammed into the back of me again, I managed to stay on track in front of him but the very next turn he did it again. Yet again I managed to stay on the track and keep going. Next turn he hit me for a 4th time, this time he hit me hard enough to send me off the track and get in front of me. I caught him up and, judging by his weaving, realised he wasn't going to let me go by clean. So I sat behind him and punted him off at the next turn, enabling me to go on my way, get away from him and have some clean racing for the reminder of the race. He quit out when he couldn't catch me and sent me a message in French telling me to "F*** Off" lol.

I'm not saying it was the right way to deal with him although it did solve the problem for me. It got rid of him and enabled me to carrying on with some good racing. I've now blocked and reported him and hopefully won't be bumping into him again.

Iamlegion
12-08-2015, 08:53
I understand the sentiment. You were sorely tested.
But this appears different than the extreme Revenge Ramming we were discussing before. Also he would probably have made a mistake sooner or later allowing you to pass cleanly after all.

CopperySinger5
12-08-2015, 12:42
It's clear that some of you don't agree with giving rammers a taste of their own medicine... fair enough, each to their own. But I had a situation last night where I ended up hitting someone off the track on Ruapuna GP.

After qualifying 3rd I got taken out on the first turn, pretty much in the same fashion that RTA got taken out in his replay. I just thought OK, it's a tricky first turn, he may of got hit from behind or simply made a mistake. By the time I got back on the track I was 2nd from last with the dude who carried me out right behind me in last. The next turn he slammed into the back of me again, I managed to stay on track in front of him but the very next turn he did it again. Yet again I managed to stay on the track and keep going. Next turn he hit me for a 4th time, this time he hit me hard enough to send me off the track and get in front of me. I caught him up and, judging by his weaving, realised he wasn't going to let me go by clean. So I sat behind him and punted him off at the next turn, enabling me to go on my way, get away from him and have some clean racing for the reminder of the race. He quit out when he couldn't catch me and sent me a message in French telling me to "F*** Off" lol.

I'm not saying it was the right way to deal with him although it did solve the problem for me. It got rid of him and enabled me to carrying on with some good racing. I've now blocked and reported him and hopefully won't be bumping into him again.

To clarify. I believe what you did was fair game. Reckless swerving and using you as a brake pad is rude; and you politely giving them a time out at the nearest corner is totally fair. I have experienced similar situations. I guess this game is very culturally diverse; meaning that some people feel that passing is illegal, which doesn't make much sense imao.
But i'm sure someone like RTa noskills would have beat the poor noob up pretty badly then repeat, then kick em out; sending em home crying to the mama (overkill) lol.

People have many different interpretations of Project CARS, but it is our extreme demands of what we feel is right that keeps us separated.

CopperySinger5
12-08-2015, 13:08

NIGHT RACES

Do you still want to make your mother proud of having thrown in the trash € 70? try NIGHT RACES
Whell, take your car, turn the light off, and smash the f**k every single stupid clean racers trying to enjoy this game!

[SERIOUS MODE ON] I don't care about people talking about keeping the simulation without ghosting backmarkers and cars stuck on the tracks.

I drive in the dark with the FA, no assist, cockpit view all the time; BRING IT ON!!!

aka part of a SUPERIOR racing group i'm superior you can't touch me, lol.

RTA nOsKiLlS
12-08-2015, 13:14
and you politely giving them a time out at the nearest corner is totally fair.

Wouldn't that make you a rammer then?

So this person has been hitting Neonflux every turn, and they hit the person back, that's totally fair. But If I have someone hitting me into walls, its not totally fair for me to do it back. LMFAO!

Sounds to me like Neonflux encountered a rammer. Got fed up with being treated like an A.I, and took the necessary action to stop this dick hitting them. I hope you never pass them cleanly again. :)

Iamlegion
12-08-2015, 13:27

So this person has been hitting Neonflux every turn, and they hit the person back, that's totally fair. But If I have someone hitting me into walls, its not totally fair for me to do it back. LMFAO!

Sounds to me like Neonflux encountered a rammer. Got fed up with being treated like an A.I, and took the necessary action to stop this dick hitting them. I hope you never pass them cleanly again. :)

He was repeatedly harrassed, whereas you showed us a video of someone nudgeing you into the wall in the first corner, the deliberateness of which is debatable. He ran him off and raced on, whereas you proceeded to exact your revenge.
There is a difference. I don't approve either way, although I'd be more understanding of his case.

RTA nOsKiLlS
12-08-2015, 13:33
Oh the tedium..

I'm not a fan of ghosting though as getting through the first corner or a clean pass is exciting stuff and accidents are part of racing.
I'm with CopperySinger, that for example, real damage, manual gears and force cockpit view may discourage rammers. I like to believe the arcadey games the kids enjoy usually sport flycams and pcars generally frustrates them because it doesn't give them the quick dopamine fix they get from GTA.

RTA, try a wheel and pedals, you may like cockpit view as well ;)

I've got a wheel and pedals, but they don't work on the Xbox one. I was quite happy using my wheel on F1 2010/11 and Forza 4, Never used cockpit view, as its useless. Its not immersive. Its like looking at the world, through a window, it doesn't make me feel like i'm sat in the car. F1 games, I used to drive with the camera about helmet height, not chase cam. It doesn't make you a better driver using incar view. Pay more attention to your lap times, rather than being smug about camera views, and assists.

Eat a snickers and try ramming a griefer back every now and then, you might enjoy it. You might even make them not want to crash you again. Im not saying start crashing everyone in the lobby, just the guy who's parked on the track, or who is hitting everyone who tries to pass them, you know.....the rammer. The guy who wants to hit everyone. He will become bored, if you keep hitting them off the track, as that means he can't hit anyone. ;)

CopperySinger5
12-08-2015, 13:46

no RTA. what makes neonflux different is effort to resolve the issue peacefully, then removed the deviant out of the way to continue racing. YOu on the other hand, must make him feel pain again and again with extreme aggravation. Then next race, come back again make him feel pain some more. Repeat this each and every single day until SMS patches give you privilege to boot anyone that doesn't agree with you out of the game.

Take a peek at the ad below:

NIGHT RACES

Now RTA, how would your strategy work against DisagioAbbestia. Some people get thrills from your behavior and actually, they would probably love to have you as a part of their team; I believe you would be promoted to team leader easily.

RTA nOsKiLlS
12-08-2015, 19:21
no RTA. what makes neonflux different is effort to resolve the issue peacefully, then removed the deviant out of the way to continue racing. YOu on the other hand, must make him feel pain again and again with extreme aggravation. Then next race, come back again make him feel pain some more. Repeat this each and every single day until SMS patches give you privilege to boot anyone that doesn't agree with you out of the game.

Take a peek at the ad below:

Now RTA, how would your strategy work against DisagioAbbestia. Some people get thrills from your behavior and actually, they would probably love to have you as a part of their team; I believe you would be promoted to team leader easily.

I don't see whats peaceful about being rammed multiple times, getting fed up with it, and doing it back.

Yes I like to smash them again and again, but like I keep saying to you, if they had been clean in the first place, they wouldn't get it continually. So whats wrong with that. The point is to make them not want to be in the lobby with me, seeing as how they wanted to crash in the first place.

How would my stragetgy work against DisagioAbbestia???? Is he a dirty racer? He was complaining about the game being a rammers paradise, so Im not sure what you mean. If I was doing a night race, I would turn the brightness up on my TV so I could see the track.

madmax2069
12-08-2015, 19:48
Oh I will give a rammer a taste of his own medicine, quite often they dont like it and rage quit especially when you get them DQed if you hit them right.

I'll try to ignore it for a while, but after so much I will play their own game against them.

Just like I did with these idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC2350UJDew

both times they both got DQed, after the second time they left for good.I'll happily take myself out of the race to deal with idiots, I try to do it where it wont effect the others racing, but sometimes it doesnt always go as planned.

After the first time we tried to vote kick them but only a few actually voted to remove them (either the others didnt care or didnt know how).

Don Ente
12-08-2015, 20:41
I don't see whats peaceful about being rammed multiple times, getting fed up with it, and doing it back.

Yes I like to smash them again and again, but like I keep saying to you, if they had been clean in the first place, they wouldn't get it continually. So whats wrong with that. The point is to make them not want to be in the lobby with me, seeing as how they wanted to crash in the first place.
I think you keep missing a point...

While folks understand getting frustrated and fed-up with rammers, retaliation-ramming is generally considered a last resort -- whereas, you seem to use it as a first resort.

In the video you posted early in this thread, it looks entirely possible that ColdestGinger felt like *you* were trying to PIT maneuver him. He then got pinballed around and he left the race. He gets a text message from you, likely has no idea what part you played in the carnage, starts the next quail and race, and then you just ram ram ram him.

IF you had posted a video showing repeated attacks from another player, all the while just trying to avoid him... and then finally got to the point where it was 100% clear he *was* just ramming you (and everyone else), the people responding in this thread would almost certainly be more "on your side." Instead, you come across as a hot-head, who takes it upon himself to be judge, jury and executioner at the first contact.

- Don

CopperySinger5
12-08-2015, 20:45

How would my stragetgy work against DisagioAbbestia???? Is he a dirty racer? He was complaining about the game being a rammers paradise, so Im not sure what you mean. If I was doing a night race, I would turn the brightness up on my TV so I could see the track.

as if DisagioAbbestia was not being sarcastic. Faced with a team of rammers in the lobby. Will you try to defeat them, back down and quit, How? I'm curious because a ramming team like that would worship your behavior and make you honorary leader.

what I don't think you understand is that some would love to see you hit back and clog up the track with them. while you are thinking it is making them angry without knowing, they could be jumping for joy.

Trust me RTA they are glad to see you play with them; in their eyes you are the life of the party.

Umer Ahmad
12-08-2015, 21:48
It's kinda like putting Bad karma into the world, just brings more bad karma. Doesnt really solve anything. Like Coppery mentions, the rammers would love nothing better than someone to spar against (i've met some of these people on track, they quit as soon as they fail or it becomes boring for them)

Signaling is important. If you hit someone, a quick t->"sry" signals you are not a rammer but made an (honest) mistake. This tends to de-escalate the situation most of the time.

Sure there are violations to the rule but majority of racers are not rammers, just bad at the game or dont know racing ettiquette (or have had pings). We all started somewhere.

Soon also SMS should have some new feautres to curb this (intentional) behavior: host kick, ghosting etc

MrFlibble81
12-08-2015, 21:52
If you hit someone, a quick t->"sry" signals you are not a rammer but made an (honest) mistake. This tends to de-escalate the situation most of the time.

This would be a lot easier if you could actually see the names of the people while you're racing!

Umer Ahmad
12-08-2015, 21:55
No i just type "sry" to the person i hit immediately. I dont check their name, just a quick "sry". They know if they just got hit. I see also it becomes contagious. I start to see more people offer the "sry" token apology more often which sort of civilizes the race.

Edit: i mean i do NOT try to type "sry [AOD]xXJohhny5AliveXx" that would be extra nice. Just simply "sry" is enough

MrFlibble81
12-08-2015, 22:05
I'm going to guess that's a lot easier to do on PC than it is on PS4.

On PS4 you need to know who you hit so you can send a message via PSN.

Really hard to do because it's almost impossible to see the name, plus you have to basically exit the game to send it!

RTA nOsKiLlS
12-08-2015, 23:34
I think you keep missing a point...

While folks understand getting frustrated and fed-up with rammers, retaliation-ramming is generally considered a last resort -- whereas, you seem to use it as a first resort.

In the video you posted early in this thread, it looks entirely possible that ColdestGinger felt like *you* were trying to PIT maneuver him. He then got pinballed around and he left the race. He gets a text message from you, likely has no idea what part you played in the carnage, starts the next quail and race, and then you just ram ram ram him.

IF you had posted a video showing repeated attacks from another player, all the while just trying to avoid him... and then finally got to the point where it was 100% clear he *was* just ramming you (and everyone else), the people responding in this thread would almost certainly be more "on your side." Instead, you come across as a hot-head, who takes it upon himself to be judge, jury and executioner at the first contact.

- Don

Im not sure which video you saw, as I'm clearly not trying to PIT the guy. The guy has plenty of time, to ask what happened or say sorry. But he just doesn't care. So I don't care if I knock him out of my way in the future. I've not seen him since, so MS's block system must be working.

Im far from a hot head as you say, I simply dont put up with dickheads. I've been playing racing games long enough to know when something was deliberate. :)

RTA nOsKiLlS
12-08-2015, 23:44
as if DisagioAbbestia was not being sarcastic. Faced with a team of rammers in the lobby. Will you try to defeat them, back down and quit, How? I'm curious because a ramming team like that would worship your behavior and make you honorary leader.

what I don't think you understand is that some would love to see you hit back and clog up the track with them. while you are thinking it is making them angry without knowing, they could be jumping for joy.

Trust me RTA they are glad to see you play with them; in their eyes you are the life of the party.

As I've said before, If there is a lobby full of idiots, im outta there. Not even staying for the race. I'll leave, and block them all.

If its one lalalalala in a lobby full of decent fair players, I'll make them leave. Then carry on with the racing.

If they enjoy it so much, why do they always leave? Is it because I make it boring for them? Surely someone who is jumping for joy and really enjoying their experience isn't going to leave because one person keeps brake checking them, or holding them against a wall cat n mouse style. The most effective way is slow speed blocking, just stay infront of them and go slow. They hate it. LOL

Umer Ahmad
13-08-2015, 04:44
I'm going to guess that's a lot easier to do on PC than it is on PS4.

On PS4 you need to know who you hit so you can send a message via PSN.

Really hard to do because it's almost impossible to see the name, plus you have to basically exit the game to send it!
Ah, did not know this. Ok that does make it much more difficult. Maybe in pCARS2 we can map a "sorry" button that all players can see ;)

Iamlegion
13-08-2015, 09:43
Ah, did not know this. Ok that does make it much more difficult. Maybe in pCARS2 we can map a "sorry" button that all players can see ;)

Yeah, I don't see that getting abused at all...

DisagioAbbestia
16-08-2015, 14:43
I'm VERY HAPPY to see that nothing changed about rammers with this patch.
I've just lost a race that I was winning driving harder and cleaner than I could because the angry son of a F***ing b***h in last position decided to ruin someone's afternoon.
THIS IS GETTIN FUNNIER OVER AND OVER

DisagioAbbestia
16-08-2015, 21:01
Tonight experience:
4 racers in Formula A open lobbies, people parking on the track, people that forgot where the brake button is, people playing like it was Carmageddon or Mario Kart (in race AND in qualyfing).
Haven't find a good lobby in all day.
I'm seriosly getting sick of this sh*t.

bc525
19-08-2015, 19:54
For me, Formula A seems to be where I most encounter rammers. Last weekend I had a couple of races with some parkers and rammers in the group, and the solution turned out to be setting the damage to "Visual Only." As soon as the damage was turned off they immediately left the lobby. I guess it ruined their fun when they couldn't ruin someone else's race.

We really need to give the lobby host the ability to kick disruptive players out.

MrFlibble81
19-08-2015, 20:58
For me, Formula A seems to be where I most encounter rammers. Last weekend I had a couple of races with some parkers and rammers in the group, and the solution turned out to be setting the damage to "Visual Only." As soon as the damage was turned off they immediately left the lobby. I guess it ruined their fun when they couldn't ruin someone else's race.

We really need to give the lobby host the ability to kick disruptive players out.

Yeah I would tend to agree with that. There always seems to be 1 or 2 in GT3 but I find that if you race GT4/5 or almost any other discipline except LMP1 there's a lot less rammers.