PDA

View Full Version : stuttering/jumpy sound

mike12572
28-07-2015, 03:05
On xboxone, will the sound glitch ever be fixed? Its like a jumpy stutteringsound every now and then..

jason
28-07-2015, 03:06
If you monitor someone while in the pits on ps4 this also happens , sounds terrible .

On another note I still don't have my engineer talking through my head phones , only the ps4 controller :( fix that 2 please.

madmax2069
28-07-2015, 03:13
If you monitor someone while in the pits on ps4 this also happens , sounds terrible .

On another note I still don't have my engineer talking through my head phones , only the ps4 controller :( fix that 2 please.

Not the same sound issue as on xbox one. The issue he is describing isnt the same issue as the issue youre stating.

The issue is already in the known issues list http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22497-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(XB1)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-25-07

Which links to the report http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27352-Is-this-specific-issue-being-fixed-in-the-upcoming-patch

The issue is due to SMS using the 7th core for sound, the issue probably wont be fixed until Microsoft issues a new SDK that allows them to tell how much they can use of the 7th core.

mike12572
28-07-2015, 11:40
Not the same sound issue as on xbox one. The issue he is describing isnt the same issue as the issue youre stating.

The issue is already in the known issues list http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22497-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(XB1)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-25-07

Which links to the report http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27352-Is-this-specific-issue-being-fixed-in-the-upcoming-patch

The issue is due to SMS using the 7th core for sound, the issue probably wont be fixed until Microsoft issues a new SDK that allows them to tell how much they can use of the 7th core. thanks for pointing me in the right direction bro

Haiden
28-07-2015, 14:31
The issue is due to SMS using the 7th core for sound, the issue probably wont be fixed until Microsoft issues a new SDK that allows them to tell how much they can use of the 7th core.

This issue is so persistent and happens on so many tracks, I don't understand how it wasn't spotted and addressed early on in testing, like day one. How did it make it through the entire development cycle and into the launch build? It's terrible, and who knows how long it will be before MS puts out a new SDK. Are you saying we have to deal with it until then?

madmax2069
28-07-2015, 14:46
This issue is so persistent and happens on so many tracks, I don't understand how it wasn't spotted and addressed early on in testing, like day one. How did it make it through the entire development cycle and into the launch build? It's terrible, and who knows how long it will be before MS puts out a new SDK. Are you saying we have to deal with it until then?

There wasn't really anything that SMS could do because at that time during development they was able to access the 7th core but that about all, its fighting for time with other processes. And yes, you have to deal with the issue until Microsoft releases the new SDK so that SMS can bring order to the scheduling for that core. Its something Microsoft overlooked when they released the SDK allowing devs to access to the 7th core. And this isn't the only game that has this exact issue.

Fractured Life
28-07-2015, 14:47

I only seem to get it now if I have loaded another app and not quit it before heading back to pCars. And it doesn't seem to last as long now after a re-install (and wiping ALL other games off HDD) and getting 2.0.

Haiden
28-07-2015, 18:43
And this isn't the only game that has this exact issue.

Maybe, but it's the only game I have with the issue. Perception is reality. :)

I only seem to get it now if I have loaded another app and not quit it before heading back to pCars. And it doesn't seem to last as long now after a re-install (and wiping ALL other games off HDD) and getting 2.0.

Thanks. I'll try that.