PDA

View Full Version : Problem with cars including KERS/ERS or Hybrid

odetzy
28-07-2015, 10:03
I just recently bought a wheel after a long time racing with controllers. The wheel is the Thrustmaster F458 Spider. This game is immediately a lot better with a wheel but i am having problem especially with LMP1 cars that have the hybrid systems. Problem is that even under the hardest braking the KERS bar is not recharging, This makes it very hard to to competitive laps with these cars when im missing almost 1/5 of the power most of the time.

Anyone else having the same issue or found a fix for this?

mkstatto
28-07-2015, 12:16
I just recently bought a wheel after a long time racing with controllers. The wheel is the Thrustmaster F458 Spider. This game is immediately a lot better with a wheel but i am having problem especially with LMP1 cars that have the hybrid systems. Problem is that even under the hardest braking the KERS bar is not recharging, This makes it very hard to to competitive laps with these cars when im missing almost 1/5 of the power most of the time.

Anyone else having the same issue or found a fix for this?

I think I'm right in saying that not all the LMP1 cars have a hybrid system. Is this on a specific track or car? If you provide more details I'm sure we could all help.

(sidenote: you might want to update your platform from PC to Xbox in the forum control panel)

odetzy
28-07-2015, 15:40
Well the R18 TDI is the only one without the ERS, i've played this game since its official release eith a controller and the RWD and Marek LMP1 cars have always had the hybrid system that recharges under heavy braking and depletes when throttle is applied.

Now with the wheel i have an issue with the ERS not recharging. When i start a time trial the bar is full and it depletes when accelerating but it does not recharge when braking like it used to with a controller. I have all deadzones set to 0 and all sensitivies set to 100.

mkstatto
28-07-2015, 17:14
Maybe reset the wheel and giving it a recalibrate as well as pedals would help.

OpticalHercules
28-07-2015, 17:52
I play on the Spider as well, so hopefully some of this will help you. It has helped some friends of mine as well.

First, as Mksatto said, start with a reset (open the wheel settings menu and hit Y) then recalibrate both your wheel and pedals. For the 90* wheel calibration, turn till it reads 240* and hit A.

The recharge is very sensitive to pedal position. If you find you're losing control a lot under braking or acceleration, try turning you brake/throttle deadzones up 1 tick, and lowering you sensitivity. I play with it down from stock 2 ticks, so 38 sens, I think? The wheel itself I play with 1 tick of deadzone and up 2 or 3 ticks from stock on sesn, 62 or 66? You can also force yourself to apply harder pedal braking by lowering your brake pressure in each car's tune.

When driving these cars, it seems that the recharge only happens on >65%(estimate) brake force. If you're playing at 100% sensitivity, open your telemetry and see how much brake pressure you're applying.

Other settings that will help your control (if you're having any problems) is increase your Input Sensitivity Dampening (or something like that, down at the bottom of the bars) to the 20 range, and add a few ticks of speed sensitivity as well.

odetzy
28-07-2015, 18:54
Thanks, i'll try these tips.

Lowering the brake pressure on the car seems like a bad idea because now if just slam the brake down i'm strugging to stop in time for a corner and my brakes don't lock in almost any situation.

OpticalHercules
28-07-2015, 20:02
To me brake pressure tuning is more of a personal preference setting on how you play. Increasing your Limited Slip Preload will also help with your braking by using the engine's negative torque to slow the car as you let off throttle, increasing the rate of slowing as you coast. If you're completely unable to lock wheels at 100% brake pressure and 60% brake balance, there's got to be an issue with your calibration or sensitivity settings. I would definitely start with the reset/calibration first, then go and test the car. Then go back into settings and play with your sensitivity settings, and finish by fine tuning each car's individual brake/LSD settings.

odetzy
29-07-2015, 07:28
Yeah i think it must be that the wheel is not calibrated properly. I'll have to do that first.

odetzy
29-07-2015, 20:09
Calibrated the wheel and pedals and now the issue is fixed. Thanks for the help!