PDA

View Full Version : What's the Plan?

R74NN
28-07-2015, 11:07
Hello,

since there are many requests for certain info that is not currently available in the API structure, I'd like to ask what is the plan with the API in upcoming months. Also, from the old WMD forum we have collected a lot of requests (thanks colets), suggestions and bug reports. A lot of pCARS users find these missing data fields crucial for their tuning addiction and for app devs some old bugs are pure nightmare, so it would be nice to know what we can expect in this area.

Bugs (probably WMD only access):
http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?16123-API-issues-bugs

Suggestions (probably WMD only access):
http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?13563-SDK-API-Feature-Request

Thanks.

Elmo
29-07-2015, 18:48
I'll check what the current plans for the API are.

R74NN
18-08-2015, 12:38
Not a bright future in front of us, it seems...

Amoghasiddhi
21-08-2015, 00:12
I'll check what the current plans for the API are.

Any news?

diesel97
21-08-2015, 00:45

this doent sound good, or promissing

MikeyTT
21-08-2015, 12:19

this doent sound good, or promissing

SMS have started looking at features now, as opposed to pure bug fixing. So hopefully the API will get a look in at some point.

I can't imagine it's a high priority, over things like DX12 and triple screen support, as we're a little bit of a minority.

But always hopeful. If not we should have a "shave the wookie day" in protest ;)

R74NN
21-08-2015, 12:46
I definitely could understand if we were told the API is not a priority now and we plan to do this or that. But the whole ignorance all the time without any word being told is driving me away from this place. Yes, we were useful when WMD used our apps to promote sim aspects of the game before release, but now who cares?

I'm sorry to be pain in the ass and look like nothing else just a whiner, but I currently really feel like I wasted my time developing the app.

Anyway, I really don't know why I keep coming back, when I already made my mind and promised myself I'm done here, hehe, strange. :)

Bealdor
21-08-2015, 12:56
I notified the devs if they can give you/us an update regarding API development. No promises though.

Please don't forget that it's summer and some of them are on vacation.

AB_Attack
16-09-2015, 12:01
Summer's over. Any news?

R74NN
18-09-2015, 06:19
Summer's over. Any news?

Don't hold your breath.

vbabiy
18-09-2015, 15:24
Did patch 4.0 add anything?

mr_belowski
18-09-2015, 15:38
It didn't change the version number in the memory mapped file, so I guess not

Flihp
21-09-2015, 13:52
I really hope sms keeps supporting the creators of these fantastic apps, to me a big selling point for the game and something I would like to see still available for pcars2 and future versions and it would be a kick in the guts for the creators if support and communication was to stop.

Elmo
21-09-2015, 20:04
Can we get a recent round-up of the most severe API bugs?

From the linked WMD thread I only identify some issues with track naming. A few more details would be appreciated.

Flihp
22-09-2015, 08:31
i am not an app creator so im not sure on bugs and havent come across any with pcars profiler.

i think extra readouts is what is mostly requested. we have three temps per tyre, tyre pressure, anti roll bars and brake balance too, but these are not available in profiler, suspension travel is the other widely requested item.

i'm sure there is more and much more qualified people to answer your question.

Phil

R74NN
22-09-2015, 12:11
The most problematic areas for me are:

1. mViewedParticipantIndex gets changed during a session, resulting in 3rd party application reading data for wrong car.
2. Track name is localized and there is no unique ID available, so it is hard to identify a track.
3. Some related values are not in sync. For instance, new lap is triggered but sector number still pointing to sector 3, or current lap distance reporting distance before s/f line.

Others might have other problems.

mr_belowski
22-09-2015, 19:09
1: you're shitting me? Really? That's going to make a right mess of my app :(
2: Never knew that, was about to launch into a load of pit entrance location data gathering, relying on this field. Ta for the heads up :)
3: Yeah... seen that. And a bunch of other weirdness in the session / race state stuff

Is the player's car data always in the 0th element of the array of pCarsAPIParticipantStruct data?

R74NN
22-09-2015, 19:35
Is the player's car data always in the 0th element of the array of pCarsAPIParticipantStruct data?

Nope. In single-player modes it generally is, but in multi-player sessions it can be whatever.

mr_belowski
23-09-2015, 10:52
OK, thanks for that info.

Don't suppose you know how common it is for the mViewedParticipantIndex to change during a session do you?

R74NN
23-09-2015, 11:12
People that were using the Profiler regularly were reporting this issue quite often.

MikeyTT
24-09-2015, 16:42
Can we get a recent round-up of the most severe API bugs?

From the linked WMD thread I only identify some issues with track naming. A few more details would be appreciated.

I've not checked since about May, but these were my top 3 that were giving me grief:
- When you restart a session (tested on TT) and you're in the pit menu the game state is still GAME_INGAME_PLAYING and not GAME_INGAME_PAUSED
- When starting a new lap the current sector and current lap are not always synchronised
- When starting a new lap the lap distance is sometimes still on the old lap

In the OP, the first "bugs" link has most of the ones that I've seen (including my 3 above). I have workarounds for most in my code now, so I don't experience them too much, but ideally I'd like to remove the code.

The participant index is one that caused me a few headaches.

The only other one that keeps causing me grief I've never managed to fully track down, but when you transition from track back to the pits (FP or Quali), go into the car setup and then back out on track, I get some errant data that triggers a new session for me. Now it doesn't always happen, which is why I've not managed to track it down. I would imagine it's an inconsistency with the timing, lap# and the game state.

Any info on the future intentions would be gratefully received.

MikeyTT
30-10-2015, 16:47
Any update on the status of this? or on any potential future additions?

With the work Tim has put in on the PS/XB API data output it's a shame we couldn't get a fresh look at the data that's output across the entire piece really.

R74NN
02-11-2015, 06:00
Let's face it, this section is intentionally ignored.

Paceman
15-11-2015, 11:00
I allready posted this issue: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40441-Yellow-Flags
This is annoying when you drive without a hud