PDA

View Full Version : XB1 + WIN10 Discussion

Umer Ahmad
29-07-2015, 15:36
First some promo video:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/windows-10-out-now/1100-6429274/

OK, one thing that caught my eye was "Cross-Device Multiplayer" so I guess the (technology) door is slowly opening for XB1 guys to race PC guys but there's much work to do on the MSFT side and SMS. But we're getting closer.

Discussion BEGIN!

Beltoon
29-07-2015, 15:42
You got to be kidding me right? Let them fix MP on XB1 before even thinking about stuff like this. The current state of MP is a joke.

Umer Ahmad
29-07-2015, 15:43
Yeah because this was going to be delivered in August 2015.

Anyway, discussion begin. And I'm generally talking about WIN10 for XB1, this is NOT only limited to the "Cross-Device Multiplayer" feature.

another video:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/check-out-this-windows-10-xbox-overview-video/1100-6429279/

Beltoon: You can stay out of it if it is not something you care about.

Beltoon
29-07-2015, 15:54
All I care about is XB1 players being able to race versus XB1 players at the moment. Let's hope that day will come!

The Cross-Device Multiplayer sounds awesome and I hope this will be a possibility one day. Especially game modes where XB1 players group up and fight against a group of PC or PS4 players. Legendary battles incoming!

OpticalHercules
29-07-2015, 17:58
Beltoon, see here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36031-My-Bentley-GT3-has-disappeared-any-thoughts&p=1067487&viewfull=1#post1067487

It's being worked on.

Megalomanic87
29-07-2015, 17:59
Cross platform multiplayer would be incredible, but regarding WIN10, i'm more looking forward to getting more apps and maybe finally putting the Xbox to better use.

Braken99
29-07-2015, 18:21
Multiplatform racing would be awesome

nachocrusher
29-07-2015, 18:34
I have project cars on xbox one. My question is can I use the TX wheel if playing through my pc? Would wheel still need to be plugged in to Xbox console or could it be plugged in to pc in different room?

yusupov
29-07-2015, 18:42
TX is fully compatible with PC so you should be able to use it there. but i get what youre saying, if youre streaming from your xbox im not 100% sure itd be recognized or not...

maniacal_monkey
29-07-2015, 19:07
If we are going to be able to compete cross platform i.e. with the PC folks, than Microsoft needs to open up their protocol and allow for more usb racing devices to be supported. I want my button box like the PC guys.

- On Foot Monkey Racing

RTA nOsKiLlS
29-07-2015, 19:10
Having just installed Windows 10 on my laptop, I have to say I'm impressed. Not with the way it looks, as its just windows. But the performance on the whole is UP. Its way better doing 2 things at once, and although I only have 1 game in steam (Grid Autosport), It has allowed me to run that at much higher detail than previously.

I was running it on Ultra Low settings and getting a steady 120fps. If it was on medium, I was lucky if I could get a steady 30 fps. Now i've got it slightly better than medium and it plays around 85 fps. Im sure I could tweak the settings up slightly and still get 60fps.

So, when the Xbox One finally gets the Win10 DX12 update, it should be great news for all aspects of this giant shiny black box.

OpticalHercules
29-07-2015, 19:24
Having just installed Windows 10 on my laptop, I have to say I'm impressed. Not with the way it looks, as its just windows. But the performance on the whole is UP. Its way better doing 2 things at once, and although I only have 1 game in steam (Grid Autosport), It has allowed me to run that at much higher detail than previously.

I was running it on Ultra Low settings and getting a steady 120fps. If it was on medium, I was lucky if I could get a steady 30 fps. Now i've got it slightly better than medium and it plays around 85 fps. Im sure I could tweak the settings up slightly and still get 60fps.

So, when the Xbox One finally gets the Win10 DX12 update, it should be great news for all aspects of this giant shiny black box.

Good to know. I'm looking forward to getting my PC running again so I can do my upgrade. I know it'll be fantastic performance wise for games, I'm just worried about impact on business related programs... Certain older programs do not like upgrades... Totally off topic, but have you been able to install older copies of Office on 10? Had read something on a news site about 10 forcing office to subscription service. I still run Office 2003 and have no desire to upgrade.

poirqc
29-07-2015, 20:41
If this works, this will be the only reason a good friend of mine buy P Cars and a wheel!

Can't wait to see it happends!

TheReaper GT
29-07-2015, 20:47
I have project cars on xbox one. My question is can I use the TX wheel if playing through my pc? Would wheel still need to be plugged in to Xbox console or could it be plugged in to pc in different room?

TX is fully compatible with PC so you should be able to use it there. but i get what youre saying, if youre streaming from your xbox im not 100% sure itd be recognized or not...

I'm using streaming for about two months, the only device supported is the Xbox One Controller, it's a driver issue. If your xbox is not far from your computer, and you can't use your tv, you can keep the TX connected to the console. But to be honest the streaming function performance is not good enough for racing games. I had no problem with Fifa or Battlefield, but racing games are a no go to me.

ashasha
29-07-2015, 21:24
How about something along the lines of what smartglass apps should have delivered for the xBox One and tablet? I would love to see something along the lines of a button box on a tablet or text entry or even being able to import a setup from a spreadsheet or something....

AdM1
29-07-2015, 22:17
If we are going to be able to compete cross platform i.e. with the PC folks, than Microsoft needs to open up their protocol and allow for more usb racing devices to be supported. I want my button box like the PC guys.

- On Foot Monkey Racing

1 step at a time mate.

mkstatto
30-07-2015, 09:38
How about something along the lines of what smartglass apps should have delivered for the xBox One and tablet? I would love to see something along the lines of a button box on a tablet or text entry or even being able to import a setup from a spreadsheet or something....

Add custom livery's into the mix and were talking. Surely something can be done with uploading the livery's to the cloud and cross platform Win 10 support.

On a side note, i'm glad to seeing Microsoft getting back to basics with Win 10, they seemed to loose their way with the previous CEO and head of Xbox.

d4ninho
30-07-2015, 09:49
Terrible idea.

Why do i want to play a group of ppl that hack games to be better, has anyone actually played Iracing, so full of hacked cars its stupid, you want to race ppl in hacked cars fine, but not me.

The pc platform is too rife for hacking as its so easy to do on a pc where you have access to all the game files, it happens on every pc game.

Lets just stick to consoles to console for now.

nachocrusher
30-07-2015, 10:59
Downloaded windows 10 and tryed streaming project cars from xbox one. After installing win 10 my tx wasn't even being recognized by pc at all.So had to download a file from thrustmaster site( had old application need updated one). Then opened the thrustmaster application on desktop. Once that was done , plugged in the tx and updated it for Win 10. So tx works for pc games nows but not recognized for streaming xbox games.

mkstatto
30-07-2015, 12:12
Downloaded windows 10 and tryed streaming project cars from xbox one. After installing win 10 my tx wasn't even being recognized by pc at all.So had to download a file from thrustmaster site( had old application need updated one). Then opened the thrustmaster application on desktop. Once that was done , plugged in the tx and updated it for Win 10. So tx works for pc games nows but not recognized for streaming xbox games.

Correct me if im wrong but the Xbox system has not been updated to handle Win10 just yet hence why i think this wont work till then.

nachocrusher
30-07-2015, 12:40
I was able to steam and play the game successfuly only with a controller. Do You think that's what it is ? Once xbox gets updated to win wheel would work. I was thinking maybe something to do with the xbox win 10 app its self. I just want it to move my console to livingroom and leave
racing rig in the computer room. A luxury for sure, but without this feature apps kinda useless for me. Unless Microsoft comes out with an app for smart tv.

TheReaper GT
30-07-2015, 13:23
I was able to steam and play the game successfuly only with a controller. Do You think that's what it is ? Once xbox gets updated to win wheel would work. I was thinking maybe something to do with the xbox win 10 app its self. I just want it to move my console to livingroom and leave
racing rig in the computer room. A luxury for sure, but without this feature apps kinda useless for me. Unless Microsoft comes out with an app for smart tv.

I don't think it's gonna work, the xbox windows 10 drivers are found to be different, but one can hope...

PTG Claret
31-07-2015, 06:24
The whole cross platform connectivity is going to kill the games for me. The idea of my Xbox console, is that it's a fixed platform, where all players have the same tools. No hacks, dodgy background programs, no dropping graphics to give an advantage, no mouse - opening it up to cross platform takes all that away.

The reason many of my friends and I started playing on the Xbox was that it was simple. Buy a game, put it in, and play it. Back then, on the 360, you could even play online with your friends (it wasn't a 50/50 chance of the FL loading up). Now, on the xbone, gaming really seems like a second thought - people are now more concerned about streaming to their 7 followers and chatting to them, rather than playing the game and chatting to people in their party.

Gaming between people on the same consoles should be concentrated on before complicating a system that they already don't seem to know how to get working properly get.

gds1972
31-07-2015, 20:20
If I remember Halo 2 had cross platform multiplayer however I think console players were at a disadvantage to PC players. However I do think driving games are one of the game types that should work well cross platform as neither group should have a huge advantage.

STEELJOCKEY
01-08-2015, 00:26
Well it's been an interesting upgrade process so far.

Upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10 was simple, xb1 app extremely slow, did a test for streaming and came up all negative, apparently I can't stream xb1 to pc, even though I can see it on pc, but basically the app is at a standstill

Tried playing PC2, sound is near non-existent from the game only, all other apps sound is fine.

Then internet connection won't work. Downgraded back to Win8.1, internet connection now works fine, but google, Microsoft, youtube etc now won't load due supposed security certificate problems.

WHY WHY WHY when this has been supposedly tested for months before release????????!!!!!!!

EDIT - fixed IE be resetting to default settings, now web pages load

Nelly D Racer
01-08-2015, 01:05
I'm using streaming for about two months, the only device supported is the Xbox One Controller, it's a driver issue. If your xbox is not far from your computer, and you can't use your tv, you can keep the TX connected to the console. But to be honest the streaming function performance is not good enough for racing games. I had no problem with Fifa or Battlefield, but racing games are a no go to me.

I found that streaming Forza Horizon 2 and Rory McIlroy work perfect but Project Cars and Forza 5 are terrible. I'm guessing it's something to do with framrate, pretty much anything that's not locked to 30 FPS seemed to run like Garbage.

TheReaper GT
01-08-2015, 15:56
I found that streaming Forza Horizon 2 and Rory McIlroy work perfect but Project Cars and Forza 5 are terrible. I'm guessing it's something to do with framrate, pretty much anything that's not locked to 30 FPS seemed to run like Garbage.

I don't have horizon to test, but it's good to know. I've tested project cars over a wired connection and it's playable, over wifi 5ghz it has some weird random lags, over 2.4ghz wifi it's a nightmare.

Nelly D Racer
01-08-2015, 16:10
Done all my testing on a 5GHz wifi connection, I made sure that with every windows update I changed the settings on the PC wifi adapter to gaming/media mode.

The British 1st
02-08-2015, 23:32
Maybe they should let us make our own paints and then let us transfer them over to the Xbox One and PS4 first and let us have lobby's with 24 players first before trying this "cross platform" racing... its a good idea yes... but they should give the bugs and the problems with the game first before trying this out.

TheReaper GT
02-08-2015, 23:42
Maybe they should let us make our own paints and then let us transfer them over to the Xbox One and PS4 first and let us have lobby's with 24 players first before trying this "cross platform" racing... its a good idea yes... but they should give the bugs and the problems with the game first before trying this out.

No one is talking about cross platform racing, is gaming in general. Don't and Microsoft don't allow game files manipulation by the user. Simple like that.

oscarolim
03-08-2015, 09:38
First some promo video:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/windows-10-out-now/1100-6429274/

OK, one thing that caught my eye was "Cross-Device Multiplayer" so I guess the (technology) door is slowly opening for XB1 guys to race PC guys but there's much work to do on the MSFT side and SMS. But we're getting closer.

Discussion BEGIN!

I think they misunderstood what is the cross-device multiplayer in the xbox context.
When streaming a game that supports local co-op, you can have one person on the xbox, and another person on the win10 computer, and each one will have it's own dedicated screen (so no split screen anymore), but still play in local co-op.

PTG Claret
03-08-2015, 11:26
"There are PC games and there are console games, and never the twain shall meet. That’s been the narrative so far, but change is afoot. At a Windows 10 press conference, Xbox chief Phil Spencer announced that the new platform is going to allow for cross-platform play between PCs and the Xbox One as part of what looks like a broader push to incorporate Microsoft's gaming console into a more unified ecosystem.

“We think enabling people to play multiplayer games on Windows 10, across Xbox One and Windows 10, will unlock the potential of Xbox Live and grow social network that’s there today,” Spencer said."

-http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/01/21/windows-10-will-allow-cross-platform-play-between-pcs-and-xbox-one/

OpticalHercules
03-08-2015, 17:21
"There are PC games and there are console games, and never the twain shall meet.

Xbox may be behind the times on this. Playstation 2 was able to cross platform with PC on Final Fantasy XI back in 2003, and PS3/PS4 both cross platform with PC on Final Fantasy XIV.

TheReaper GT
03-08-2015, 17:23

Xbox may be behind the times on this. Playstation 2 was able to cross platform with PC on Final Fantasy XI back in 2003, and PS3/PS4 both cross platform with PC on Final Fantasy XIV.

I don't think it's a platform issue, the possbilitie was always there. To me the problem always was down to licenses or gameplay discrepancies between platforms...

STEELJOCKEY
04-08-2015, 02:22
Well I can't see streaming to my pic working. Old 2.4ghz modem obviously so slow, used a network cable to join pic and Xbox directly together, barely an improvement, tests reckon I can't do it, but I can stream, with about 30sec lag. Pity, cause recording would be so simple

OpticalHercules
04-08-2015, 02:51
If all you want to do is record, why can't you set up Twitch on your xbox, then record the stream on your pc? It's still got a good 20 second delay or so, but if you're only viewing from the PC it shouldn't matter.

PTG Claret
04-08-2015, 06:04
Likley because that doesn't involve you buying another Microshaft product - ie windows.

OpticalHercules
04-08-2015, 07:12
Likley because that doesn't involve you buying another Microshaft product - ie windows.

? I'm confused. What wouldn't involve buying another microsuck product?

This is a thread about Windows 10 and it's interaction with xbox and PCars. Whatever you may think of the company, it's what we have to work with.

STEELJOCKEY
04-08-2015, 08:08
Considering the idea was to stream xbox games directly to win10 pc and play them through the pc, and the xbox app has the ability to record what is being streamed (or I could use my GeForce experience app to record the screen), so far this has been a big fail with lag so bad it's not worth it. Even a direct lan between the xbox and pc cable is too slow.

What sounds great, looks simple, turns out isn't - yet.

StuWard75
04-08-2015, 08:15
I can stream to my PC with no issues at all.
Played
Project cars
Elder scrolls
Smite
Metal gear solid V

All no dramas on the PC. ZERO LAG !!
hard wired through my home network

STEELJOCKEY
04-08-2015, 09:07
I wish

STEELJOCKEY
04-08-2015, 21:37
I can stream to my PC with no issues at all.
Played
Project cars
Elder scrolls
Smite
Metal gear solid V

All no dramas on the PC. ZERO LAG !!
hard wired through my home network

Can you run me through connections and parts you are using?

StuWard75
05-08-2015, 05:25

Sure thing.
I'll put em all down on here when I get home tonight.

PTG Claret
05-08-2015, 06:20
I think I'm missing g the point here, but...

What is the point of streaming your Xbox to your PC, to play an Xbox game, when you could just play it directly from the Xbox?

Seems like a lot of hassle to do something g that could be very easy- ie play it straight from the Xbox.

TheReaper GT
05-08-2015, 06:30
I think I'm missing g the point here, but...

What is the point of streaming your Xbox to your PC, to play an Xbox game, when you could just play it directly from the Xbox?

Seems like a lot of hassle to do something g that could be very easy- ie play it straight from the Xbox.

If someone is using your TV or the tv room... I've used the stream quite a lot last week while we had people visiting...

PTG Claret
05-08-2015, 06:45
Just seems like a lot of resources to put into a small feature, that I'm willing to bet 95% of Xbox owners will never use.

I could understand if it improved to game somehow, or graphics, or connection.

I'm on the verge of getting rid of the Xbox - the live connectivity is pathetic nowadays, the dashboard is painfully slow, and the state games are released in - I know several who already have.

Will windows 10 improve this?

mihalo
05-08-2015, 10:18
Maybe with win10 we can have third part apps like PC does? Second screen dashboards etc...
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

sailordude9980
05-08-2015, 19:18
So in theory could you play Project Cars on Xbox One ----> Streamed to PC----->G27 wheel? (instead of Xbox controller)

TheReaper GT
05-08-2015, 19:24
So in theory could you play Project Cars on Xbox One ----> Streamed to PC----->G27 wheel? (instead of Xbox controller)

Nope, no wheel compatibility yet. Only controller with stream.

StuWard75
06-08-2015, 09:53

Here you go Mate

Imac - I7 running Windows 10 ( obviously )
Router Netgear N600
Switch Netgear FS 108
The house is fully wired. So i have router and Switch in one room.
XOne in the rumpus and the Mac downstairs in my office

Works a treat

D1rty Duck UK
06-08-2015, 12:04
Considering the idea was to stream xbox games directly to win10 pc and play them through the pc, and the xbox app has the ability to record what is being streamed (or I could use my GeForce experience app to record the screen), so far this has been a big fail with lag so bad it's not worth it. Even a direct lan between the xbox and pc cable is too slow.

What sounds great, looks simple, turns out isn't - yet.

Works fine for me on both using wireless and wired connection.

All games i've run have been very good to be honest.

I dont have a super fast machine either or a decent graphics card.

KkDrummer
06-08-2015, 12:31
The whole cross platform connectivity is going to kill the games for me. The idea of my Xbox console, is that it's a fixed platform, where all players have the same tools. No hacks, dodgy background programs, no dropping graphics to give an advantage, no mouse - opening it up to cross platform takes all that away.

The reason many of my friends and I started playing on the Xbox was that it was simple. Buy a game, put it in, and play it. Back then, on the 360, you could even play online with your friends (it wasn't a 50/50 chance of the FL loading up). Now, on the xbone, gaming really seems like a second thought - people are now more concerned about streaming to their 7 followers and chatting to them, rather than playing the game and chatting to people in their party.

Gaming between people on the same consoles should be concentrated on before complicating a system that they already don't seem to know how to get working properly get.

I see where you are coming from, but I hope they will allow us to select to play with Xbox gamers and/or PC gamers...If I am not mistaken Fable will, kinda remember reading about it a few months back...

TheReaper GT
06-08-2015, 13:55
I see where you are coming from, but I hope they will allow us to select to play with Xbox gamers and/or PC gamers...If I am not mistaken Fable will, kinda remember reading about it a few months back...

And cross platform is not mandatory, it's at devs discretion if they implement it or not.

Umer Ahmad
06-08-2015, 14:43

Correct

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/che.../1100-6429279/

OpticalHercules
19-08-2015, 13:59
http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/xbox-one-60fps-1080p-windows-10-streaming/

Anyone given this new updated xbox app a try to see how it works with PCars or other fast paced games? I'm just curious, it has no impact on me as my xbox is right next to my pc, so there's no purpose at all in streaming from one to the other, but maybe this is worthwhile to someone.

Raven403
19-08-2015, 14:01

Anyone given this new updated xbox app a try to see how it works with PCars or other fast paced games? I'm just curious, it has no impact on me as my xbox is right next to my pc, so there's no purpose at all in streaming from one to the other, but maybe this is worthwhile to someone.

Seen it used, haven't used it myself, but it ran Pcars fine

KkDrummer
19-08-2015, 14:02

I did try streaming before the latest update and it worked pretty well on my laptop on wi-fi. After the update you should be able to stream on 1080p @60fps if your bandwidth permits...

TheReaper GT
19-08-2015, 14:04

Yep, true improvement even over wifi

Nelly D Racer
19-08-2015, 14:14

About to try it now, there was a big Windows 10 update last night which has lowered Ram usage so everything's running a lot faster and smoother.

I'll let you know how PCars plays in about twenty minutes, not holding out much hope for it as it seems to be the only game that doesn't stream very well.

OpticalHercules
19-08-2015, 14:18
Stupid question, but which app is it? The xbox app that comes preinstalled? Or is it something else? I can only find Smartglass in the store. Also, when streaming, I assume it uses inputs from the PC, not the xbox. What happens if you use an input method that isn't supported by the PC, such as a 458 Spider wheel?

Nelly D Racer
19-08-2015, 14:34
It's the Xbox app that comes pre installed in Windows 10,

The app will still stream it just won't recognise anything other than an Xbox Controller or an Xbox compatible wheel.

Nelly D Racer
19-08-2015, 14:51
Just had a quick test on Project Cars through the app and it ran perfect. I did a quick 3 lap race at Monza with 44 AI and although the game was running a bit slowly (platform specific issue) it is running a lot smoother :) Next I did a solo practice run at Zuhai in heavy rain with the RWD LMP1 without any issues at all.

KkDrummer
19-08-2015, 15:26
Interesting article if you are looking to learn more about Xbox One and Windows 10: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/07/xbox-one-and-windows-10-what-gamers-need-to-know/