PDA

View Full Version : I love you Project Cars!!!

BiggNasty187
29-07-2015, 20:07
Maybe it's the fact that there is no other option available on the XB1 for hardcore sim racing. Maybe its the fact that unlike Forza, assist users are properly handicapped in this game (pun intended).

This game makes me happy. Every time I join a lobby and watch it dwindle down after the assist users can't answer the speed displayed by yours truly. Or getting beat by someone who truly is on another level, leaving you with the desire to improve. I just have a love for this game that may just be unhealthy.

I love this game, despite the flaws.

Project Cars, F*** YEAH BABY!!!!

I do it for the love of it!

bodyshop
30-07-2015, 05:06
Firstly you should be ashamed with your 'handicapped' pun joke, truly ashamed....
Secondly in real life, drivers of some disciplines use assists and further more if you are driving a car with Aero by default your are using assists.....

jason
30-07-2015, 05:13
Hmmmmm being confident is a good thing but I don't know you may be pushing the boundaries a Tad.

Unhealthy , I think your right , do no take your confidence outside of the house , its going to get you hurt :)

DECATUR PLAYA
30-07-2015, 07:50
Maybe it's the fact that there is no other option available on the XB1 for hardcore sim racing. Maybe its the fact that unlike Forza, assist users are properly handicapped in this game (pun intended).

This game makes me happy. Every time I join a lobby and watch it dwindle down after the assist users can't answer the speed displayed by yours truly. Or getting beat by someone who truly is on another level, leaving you with the desire to improve. I just have a love for this game that may just be unhealthy.

I'm going to tell Trapworks about this thread.

BiggNasty187
30-07-2015, 07:51
Hmmmmm being confident is a good thing but I don't know you may be pushing the boundaries a Tad.

Unhealthy , I think your right , do no take your confidence outside of the house , its going to get you hurt :)

Wow... Lose much? Once again, I love this game, despite your flaws. Lol.

BiggNasty187
30-07-2015, 07:55
I'm going to tell Trapworks about this thread.

I would love to see him lie about his setups on here too. Lol!!!

FA RACING 01
30-07-2015, 08:17
Want to contribute to the OP thread, but struggle to figure out if it's about love for the game or the old argument of assist vs no assist.

bodyshop
30-07-2015, 08:42
Want to contribute to the OP thread, but struggle to figure out if it's about love for the game or the old argument of assist vs no assist.

the game has a setting for real life which reflects assists in real life racing series.... added to that again my point about any Aero / downforce being an assist (watch F1 drivers after they lose the smallest piece of the front wing struggling to get around the track to the pits for example)... people banging on about assists both in games and a real life do make me laugh...in simple terms you go on a track day and some guy has better tyres than you its in effect an assist more than you have..... :)

daffy luke
30-07-2015, 11:37

Every time i join a lobby you say .....Maybe you have a other game than my
because I almost never get in a lobby,and if I get in I can not click on drive
Maybe if the multiplayer is working correctly I will also feel happy.......but now.....
:grumpy:

DECATUR PLAYA
30-07-2015, 15:21
I would love to see him lie about his setups on here too. Lol!!!

Trap ain't lying he can just run a 1:25 at Brands Hatch GP in a GT3 with a default setup. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

WE BE IN DA CITY!!!!!!!!!
CAR AINT GOT NO ROOF!!!!!!!!

PFalcon
30-07-2015, 15:31
Every time i join a lobby you say .....Maybe you have a other game than my
because I almost never get in a lobby,and if I get in I can not click on drive
Maybe if the multiplayer is working correctly I will also feel happy.......but now.....
:grumpy:

I continue to see posts referring to the locked "drive" button in multiplayer, and I am sure it is a real issue with so many people reporting it. Having said that, I can honestly say I have never experienced this issue myself. In my experience, if the drive button is locked when I enter a multiplayer lobby, it unlocks after 5-15 seconds or so. I always figured the game was just synchronizing data from all the players during this delay. I can certainly say that getting signed into a decent lobby can sometimes take a frustratingly long time, but once I am in, I have never been locked out from driving (once the session starts).

justonce68
30-07-2015, 15:41
I continue to see posts referring to the locked "drive" button in multiplayer, and I am sure it is a real issue with so many people reporting it. Having said that, I can honestly say I have never experienced this issue myself. In my experience, if the drive button is locked when I enter a multiplayer lobby, it unlocks after 5-15 seconds or so. I always figured the game was just synchronizing data from all the players during this delay. I can certainly say that getting signed into a decent lobby can sometimes take a frustratingly long time, but once I am in, I have never been locked out from driving (once the session starts).

Nor me, I would say a lot of these issues are down to the game needing a reinstall. I can't see how some have some real issues and others don't. I am not saying they don't have issues, or making light of them. To me the game is fantastic, with admittedly some gremlins, I just wish everyone could experience the same game that I have. Prahaps they have higher expectations I don't know.

MXR SMILER
30-07-2015, 16:25
Firstly you should be ashamed with your 'handicapped' pun joke, truly ashamed....
Secondly in real life, drivers of some disciplines use assists and further more if you are driving a car with Aero by default your are using assists.....

I have to agree with you on the wording although I agree with Nasty's comments in regard to ABS,TC and Stab, I hate driving with them on - I CAN'T - and until recently I would only race in Assists off Lobbies. In a recent thread of mine I was advised to try out racing in assist allowed lobbies and I did , and much to my surprise I found not only was I competitive but started winning ( about 5 or 6 races ) I think that the users of assists are/seem to be penalised to a degree and not flying away into the sunset. It wasn't easy and I enjoyed the racing - and because more lobbies are available I can get into loads of races now. Forza made me mad - P Cars has brought me back. See you on the tracks - Happy racing

bodyshop
30-07-2015, 17:44
I have to agree with you on the wording although I agree with Nasty's comments in regard to ABS,TC and Stab, I hate driving with them on - I CAN'T - and until recently I would only race in Assists off Lobbies. In a recent thread of mine I was advised to try out racing in assist allowed lobbies and I did , and much to my surprise I found not only was I competitive but started winning ( about 5 or 6 races ) I think that the users of assists are/seem to be penalised to a degree and not flying away into the sunset. It wasn't easy and I enjoyed the racing - and because more lobbies are available I can get into loads of races now. Forza made me mad - P Cars has brought me back. See you on the tracks - Happy racing

WHich is fine i did use 'real assists' as that is after all the most realistic way to play the game, but changed back to no assists as in a game it works better to go without...but i stand by my point that big wings and splitters, LSD's, etc are in fact assists, without them the driver would struggle...

OpticalHercules
30-07-2015, 17:56
WHich is fine i did use 'real assists' as that is after all the most realistic way to play the game, but changed back to no assists as in a game it works better to go without...but i stand by my point that big wings and splitters, LSD's, etc are in fact assists, without them the driver would struggle...

I would consider them mechanical features more than driver assists. TCS, ABS, and Stability Control all affect the driver's inputs to the car, where Aero/LSD only affect the car's interaction with the ground. LSD Preload and Viscous Lock kind of blur that line, but basic LSD accel/decel functions I don't think so.

I usually play with Real Assists myself, but I struggle with the TCS settings. If I'm in a car where it benefits from TCS, I have to leave it at 8 or 9. turning it up to max/15, which should more closely simulate no TCS, makes the car insanely squirrely to me, while driving with TCS completely turned off feels much less frantic.

BiggNasty187
30-07-2015, 21:13
I would like to say that I wish no ill will upon neither of the non assist racers or assist racers. I will do my best to beat you all equally.

And just so we're clear, I love you all. But I love Project Cars just a little bit more. See you on the track bro!!

bodyshop
31-07-2015, 07:01
I would like to say that I wish no ill will upon neither of the non assist racers or assist racers. I will do my best to beat you all equally.

And just so we're clear, I love you all. But I love Project Cars just a little bit more. See you on the track bro!!

Ok but just so you know i still found this:

"Maybe its the fact that unlike Forza, assist users are properly handicapped in this game (pun intended)."

Disgusting, as a father of a child with a disability and someone who is following Nic Hamilton (who worked with SMS on PCars!!! He may read the FORUM!!!) with great interest and trying to convince my little boy that he can be a racing driver, or anything if he puts his mind to it, things like reading that on a game forum is a bit shitty when I've had infractions for relatively nothing.... I'm not one to moan and i support free speech but this game is for all ages so i feel some kids out there shouldn't have to read stupid jokes about disability on here, time and a place.... sorry if i'm being OTT but come on even just for the fact Nic Hamilton worked on PCars lets stop this.

bodyshop
31-07-2015, 07:35
I would consider them mechanical features more than driver assists. TCS, ABS, and Stability Control all affect the driver's inputs to the car, where Aero/LSD only affect the car's interaction with the ground. LSD Preload and Viscous Lock kind of blur that line, but basic LSD accel/decel functions I don't think so.

I usually play with Real Assists myself, but I struggle with the TCS settings. If I'm in a car where it benefits from TCS, I have to leave it at 8 or 9. turning it up to max/15, which should more closely simulate no TCS, makes the car insanely squirrely to me, while driving with TCS completely turned off feels much less frantic.

OK someone guy on here has just done fastest laps on each of the curcuits with every car in game, so to back up my point....

the F1 version (formula a) car he can get around in :

1:05.668 - Formula A

The Lotus 49 cozzie:

So i know which out of those 2 cars in real life took the most balls to get in and drive let alone race, no aero, manual gears cross ply tires.....

So that F1 car and real F1 cars are so laced with aero and technology that the difference is huge. Drivers today are given so many assists so when they stopped TC in F1 all they did was make the aero the TC.... i'm not taking anything away from todays F1 drivers...well actually i am...they are made to look superhuman to fanboys when in truth they really really aren't...

BiggNasty187
31-07-2015, 09:54
Ok but just so you know i still found this:

"Maybe its the fact that unlike Forza, assist users are properly handicapped in this game (pun intended)."

Disgusting, as a father of a child with a disability and someone who is following Nic Hamilton (who worked with SMS on PCars!!! He may read the FORUM!!!) with great interest and trying to convince my little boy that he can be a racing driver, or anything if he puts his mind to it, things like reading that on a game forum is a bit shitty when I've had infractions for relatively nothing.... I'm not one to moan and i support free speech but this game is for all ages so i feel some kids out there shouldn't have to read stupid jokes about disability on here, time and a place.... sorry if i'm being OTT but come on even just for the fact Nic Hamilton worked on PCars lets stop this.

Bro, you sound like a broad. You like to reach for the attention grabbers or something? Wow... I guest we can talk about being politically correct instead of the love for this sim, seeing this is a forum to stroke one's sensitivity complex, rather than discuss racing.

Mods close this up please, as this thread which has been created to profess my love for Project Cars has been hijacked by the sensitivity committee.

Ian Bell
31-07-2015, 10:27
Closing this for obvious reasons.

Sankyo
31-07-2015, 10:28
Now that all has been said, let's spend time on more constructive threads.

Sankyo
31-07-2015, 10:28
Oh, that was funny, double thread closure = thread stays open :)
Closed again!