PDA

View Full Version : My PS4 broke the day before Project Cars launch, just got it fixed, what did I miss?

cmF
30-07-2015, 08:04
Before I dive into the game is there anything I should know? Assume I know nothing.

What does everyone think of the final product?
What bugs should I be aware of (PS4)?
How is the online experience?
Is the community strong/growing?
Any new tracks or cars coming?
How is the Thrustmaster t500rs and th8a working out for people?

I know launch was a little rocky, but don't know why. I just want the "too long; didn't read version" of what's been going on with project cars the last 3 months. Thanks a bunch!

MrFlibble81
30-07-2015, 12:05
•What does everyone think of the final product?

I think most people are generally pretty impressed with it, I know I am. And this is imo the best racing game out there on console.

•What bugs should I be aware of (PS4)?

Well I haven't really experienced many bugs. Nothing major anyway. In fact the only one that I can really think of right now is the slight freezing when somebody enters/exits a lobby while your racing. It only happens during qualifying and practice though so it's not major but I believe they're working on it.

There's also the locked "drive" button in multiplayer which sometime rears it's ugly head and that's usually accompanied by being locked to bumper cam for the race. But I believe the patch got submitted today I think to Sony so that might be fixed already, just got to wait foe the patch to be approved.

•How is the online experience?

Personally, I think it's pretty good. I think there's less rammers now than there was before so that's good. There is still some rammers out there but you're never going to get rid of them completely. But if you get into a good race, then online is fun as a very fun thing that lives on fun street in fun town.

•Is the community strong/growing?

I would say so yeah. You only need to look around and spend some time on this forum and you'll see that there's a bunch of people willing to help you out with anything and race with you and all sorts of stuff so yeah, it's pretty strong.

•Any new tracks or cars coming?

I believe so. In future DLC

•How is the Thrustmaster t500rs and th8a working out for people?
I can't answer that, I use a controller.

Hope you've had fun with the game so far! And glad you got your PS4 back too!!

Pyromaniak666
30-07-2015, 12:21
The T500RS works well for me, don't have the shifter as yet though, but you need a DS4 while using the T500 to start the game and for when you invite friends into a lobby or want to jump to the main PS4 screen

Gaz B 007
30-07-2015, 13:26
I personally think the game is good. Don't get me wrong there are things to fix/change, but it's getting there and SMS seem to be doing a good job of listening to the community.
Bugs are in the game but I wouldn't say I've come across any that are a game breaker.
Online is hit and miss imo. If you find clean racers then online is great. But when in a lobby full of people who only care about taking you out every chance they get... it's torture.
The community seems pretty strong, like some one else mentioned here you will notice that from this forum.
Not sure about new tracks or cars so can't help you there, sorry.
T500RS is working fine. I did have an issue where mine wouldn't be recognized by the game for 5 weeks, but now it seems ok and is working normally. Only thing I have noticed recently (and this is online only) is sometimes as a race is about to start, my wheel will center itself at around 15-20 degrees anti clockwise making it virtually impossible to have a good race. It probably happens around 1 in 20 races so it's not too bad, although still frustrating and needs addressing. I don't have the shifter (yet) so I can't give any input on that matter.
Happy racing man.

KK78
30-07-2015, 14:34
Overall it's a good game plenty of racing disciplines to get stuck into, it looks great, is highly authentic and the track range is superb although be sure to get your settings right before diving in as with certain cars you may find it difficult, karts were particularly tricky so I changed the settings (control method 3) and it worked way better.

As for issues I've personally encountered the following
Had to abandon an Endurance season after 5 different race crashes often over an hour into each- since I've avoided any endurance races until it get fixed
The career is very scripted so if you do more than one season in the same discipline don't expect the weather or events to change
The Ai ranges from competitive to stupid particularly around tracks with choke points, Azure been a key one where I believe cars still get stuck in the barriers and fail to move
If you are an achievement hunter be aware several trophies are either glitched or make little sense in terms of their description (Hall of Fame, Community Events)
Online is hit and miss, join a club or group to ensure you are not in with the idiots, can be glitchy at times
Leader boards are a bit dodgy either with inaccurate times or your times not showing up

Overall well worth jumping in but I'm getting to the stage where I feel I've done everything career wise and unless the leaderboards, set-up saving and community events get fixed/become more regular I may move on soon- that said it's given me 80 hours of play so good value :)

Gravit8
30-07-2015, 22:51
Before I dive into the game is there anything I should know? Assume I know nothing.

What does everyone think of the final product?
What bugs should I be aware of (PS4)?
How is the online experience?
Is the community strong/growing?
Any new tracks or cars coming?
How is the Thrustmaster t500rs and th8a working out for people?

I know launch was a little rocky, but don't know why. I just want the "too long; didn't read version" of what's been going on with project cars the last 3 months. Thanks a bunch!

You really have not missed anything other than time and practice. You may have missed a few bugs, but probably not. You may or may not still find them. But you should probably read the saving setups tutorial as they are problematic to say the least. Also should read up on pit stops and how to pull them off properly. It ain't that easy.

middle finger
30-07-2015, 22:54
105 hours in and still enjoying it, switching between career and online mostly.