PDA

View Full Version : How much do you use Ruapuna Track?

Dutchmountains
30-07-2015, 08:49
Im just curious about how much the new for most people unknown track is used.

Please answer shortly.

Just:

- very often
- often
- sometimes
- once

so here s an intermediate,

very often 4
often 12
sometimes 7
once 11
not 1

i cant make a poll so i do it this way.

Dutchmountains
30-07-2015, 08:49
I shall open

sometimes

danowat
30-07-2015, 08:54
Once when it first came out, never since.

mikutzu
30-07-2015, 08:58
Sometimes :P

RoccoTTS
30-07-2015, 09:00
Often

xautos
30-07-2015, 09:04
i have not had the chance to race around it yet.

Ally_bassman
30-07-2015, 09:07
Used it once, not my cup of Tea. To be honest, I bought the DLC for the cars, not the track.

Mascot
30-07-2015, 09:43
Once to see what I'd bought, a couple of times since to confirm that I didn't like it, and never again by choice.

A total waste of one of the limited number of DLC track slots, I reckon.

Ixoye56
30-07-2015, 09:52
Used it once, used again only if im forced to in career.

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 10:07
Just the day i bought it. Doubt I'll be back

Psychomatrix
30-07-2015, 10:10
Sometimes
It has more the character of a test track for me
but this night I raced with bmw v12 lmr against the r8 and speed8 and it was fun.
Overall not the best kiwi track imo
but for testing ok, because the track is not so long and relatively easy to learn

Photonmonkey
30-07-2015, 10:13
Why so much hate for this track? I am more than happy with the addition, I use it 'often' I appreciate people have differing views on tracks but hey, aren't SMS going to be introducing some ovals sooner or later, for me these are even more boring to race on but I am sure a lot of people will love them, I will still buy them and race on them for something different once in a while. I used to hate racing on Monza in 'other' console games as I found it boring but the PCARS version has me racing on it more often as it is modelled so well, trying to nail the Chicanes is a great challenge. Some people could argue that le-mans is boring. Each to their own. You can check a track out on the inter web if you are unsure if you would like it before you buy!

EMW Simmo
30-07-2015, 10:20
Best track on the game because it has proper track limits...oldschool rules, no fancy gimmicks just the track n car, suits slower cars, gt/touring/road, drivers cars.

justonce68
30-07-2015, 10:23
Every new track is a bonus in my opinion, people will only start to enjoy it when they learn it properly. I use to hate Bathurst because I was crap at it, now its one of my favourites.
You cant please everyone on tracks or cars.

julesdennis
30-07-2015, 10:28
Once when it first came out, never since.

The same.

danowat
30-07-2015, 10:28
I don't hate it, it's just not very fun, a bit "vanilla".

There aren't any interesting corners or scenery, no elevation changes, just a little dull.

It's not a bad circuit for testing cars on, as it's quite technical, in the same way something like the Top Gear test track is, but it's just not very fun to race on.

maurice-pascale
30-07-2015, 10:31
Sometimes

it is a ugly and cheap looking track, but sometimes fun to drive for 3 laps......but i agree it is still a waste of the limited track DLC's we get for Pcars 1

Yorkie065
30-07-2015, 10:32
The TGC had a race on it last night so we've been testing on it the last couple of days. It's an interesting one. Certainly very technical and quite challenging as some of the braking points are different to other conventional circuits and the fastest lines are different to what you would normally think. Definitely suit the smaller powered touring cars, maybe GT3's but anything bigger and faster it could be fairly dull. Track limits are also pretty good. It can be quite tough judging the limits for some of the corners as there are one or two corners that can easily catch you out.

tilbs10
30-07-2015, 10:52
Often :D

One of my favourite tracks now. Prototypes are the best class of cars to use round it as you can attack the quick sweepers, and get up to huge speeds on the start finish straight if you get a good run of the last corner.

zzjorzz
30-07-2015, 10:59
Not often yet, pretty track though.

Mangoat
30-07-2015, 11:23
Best track on the game because it has proper track limits...oldschool rules, no fancy gimmicks just the track n car, suits slower cars, gt/touring/road, drivers cars.

+1
Been enjoying throwing the Audi A1 around here for the last few nights.

been using Circuit B for testing - a bit of everything (tricky corners, surprising breaking zones) and then all over again in less than a minute :)

Silversn95
30-07-2015, 11:27
I ran it a couple times, thought it was crap and haven't touched it since. The cars in the DLC still made it a worthwhile purchase but I think it was a terrible waste of adding this track to the game when there are so many other, historic/challenging/fun to drive tracks out there.

Jaroslav Turna
30-07-2015, 11:30
it is great drift course

Mascot
30-07-2015, 11:40
it is great drift course

I'd prefer a great racing course. Drifting wasn't the reason I bought pCARS... :p

Knightfall
30-07-2015, 12:04
Very Often

FLX81
30-07-2015, 12:10
I kinda like it, will certainly use it more often. Since I m currently doing career mode, I can currently only say: Sometimes.

poet
30-07-2015, 12:15
Often.

Great track, looks are superb, just the right amount of low-rent dirty track.
A blast with everything up to Touring class cars. Good flow, nice overtaking spots.

Always nice to have something I've not driven a thousand times before in other sims/games.

Dutchmountains
30-07-2015, 12:59
status update

tgrey
30-07-2015, 13:22
Often. Club circuit is great for road cars.

Wizards ZA
30-07-2015, 14:25
Great track. Luv it

T0MMY
30-07-2015, 14:27
Quite often actually, I've use it more than Monza at this point. Still prefer Hockenheim though.

hitmanvega
30-07-2015, 14:39
Often...;)

Sloskimo
30-07-2015, 15:05
Vaak

Dutchmountains
30-07-2015, 15:17
updated

awaite85
30-07-2015, 19:04
I race on it often. I think it's cool, all the layouts are great. Just my opinion. I think it's a great addition.

NemethR
30-07-2015, 20:40
I am not quite sure what very often, often etc. mean, but I would say:

Often

Tried it the first day, then we did 3 MP races on it since release.
Its a nice, and extremely challenging track, much harder to race on it, then you might think.
I will definately race on it some more.

Roger Lee
30-07-2015, 22:35
Often. I actually enjoy it.

GamingCanuck
30-07-2015, 22:40
Never. This DLC doesn't interest me, so I skipped it.

JA96
30-07-2015, 22:41
Very often :-)

John Hargreaves
30-07-2015, 22:42
I do like the down to earth realism of this track, it's not an easy one as there are few landmarks to use as braking points etc but I like the way it feels nicely 'unglamorous' and I think it complements the other more famous tracks.

o2R Dsquared 07
30-07-2015, 22:48

There's a few tracks like that where the track limit actually works. Brno is a good one.

snipeme77
30-07-2015, 22:51
Very often Favorite track thus far....

Jakob
30-07-2015, 22:52
The GP Section is amazing, haven't tried the other layouts yet. I race it sometimes.

Dutchmountains
31-07-2015, 07:57
updated

Fong74
31-07-2015, 08:03
Once - after the DLC was released.

I feel its too small for the cars I like to drive (GT4 and faster), so I dont think Ill be racing there very often.

Its a nicely built/looking track nevertheless.

NemethR
31-07-2015, 08:11
Ohh, I love to see all those comments about its flat, and boring...
I just lol at those.

Have you ever raced: Monza, Hockenheim, Silverstone, Le Mans?
Now those are flat and boring racetracks.

Racing on Ruapuna is much-much more fun.
Of course its not a Nordschleife, Bathurst, or Spa, but its (imo) much more fun, then the above tracks.

Ohh, and the license for it was from a member of the Community, who talked to the owner of it,
so this is a very nice track in terms of showing how the WMD system can work.

John Hargreaves
31-07-2015, 09:11
Once - after the DLC was released.

I feel its too small for the cars I like to drive (GT4 and faster), so I dont think Ill be racing there very often.

Its a nicely built/looking track nevertheless.

Totally agree there in the sense that it‘s much better with GT4 and below types of cars. The big stuff works best on your Spas and Monzas, but the GT4s are great on this track, as are the Clios, so the smaller, touring car type of series is perfectly suited to this one.

Mascot
31-07-2015, 09:48
I just lol at those.

I think those are all better layouts than Ruapuna, but even ignoring that, there's a sense of occasion at Monza, Hockenheim, Silverstone and Le Mans.
Ruapauna feels to me like a club karting track in a farmer's field.

Ohh, and the license for it was from a member of the Community, who talked to the owner of it,

Yeah, that is a heartwarming story, and great for PR, but as selection criteria for a racing circuit to be released as paid-for DLC..? And one of a very limited number? I'm not convinced.

Still, some people claim to like it. I've a feeling something like Mosport would have been a lot more popular though.

Machinist90
31-07-2015, 09:50
bought the dlc for the cars to be honest,without the cars wouldn't have bothered

Yobbo NZ
31-07-2015, 09:56
I just lol at those.

Racing on Ruapuna is much-much more fun.
Of course its not a Nordschleife, Bathurst, or Spa, but its (imo) much more fun, then the above tracks.

The place area where this track is based,Christchurch,which is situated on the Canterbury Plains is as flat as a billiard table with a few hills thrown in for good measure.Having raced this track for real,I'd say it's a lot more exciting irl than in the game.Coming down the front straight at 220km/h and braking hard at the slight left hand kink for the first corner is exhilarating,as the car balances between sliding sideways and slowing down.

Back on topic,I play this track at least everytime I play PC.

NemethR
31-07-2015, 10:06
I think those are all better layouts than Ruapuna, but even ignoring that, there's a sense of occasion at Monza, Hockenheim, Silverstone and Le Mans.
Ruapauna feels to me like a club karting track in a farmer's field.

You can't please everyone, I much more prefer Ruapuna (a real racetrack), then Sakkito (fictional one).
Also, the track is much more challenging, then most big race tracks.

Its a very nice addition, but I take it you never raced Cadwell Park, or Snetterton either.

Fong74
31-07-2015, 10:17
Tastes vary... I have to say that Sakkito is the best "Suzuka" version I have ever raced. For me it represents the character of the whole track better than the current RL layout. Never liked the last chicane, it breaks the rhythm ihmho. Same goes for the hairpin. The S'es are better in the RL layout nevertheless. But hey, thats purely a matter of taste...

Sorry for OT :angel:

Mascot
31-07-2015, 10:18
You can't please everyone, I much more prefer Ruapuna (a real racetrack), then Sakkito (fictional one).
Also, the track is much more challenging, then most big race tracks.

Its a very nice addition, but I take it you never raced Cadwell Park, or Snetterton either.

Any basis for this wild and inaccurate assumption? I like both of these. They are in a different class to Ruapuna IMO.

Jezza819
31-07-2015, 15:17
Once when I first bought the DLC, haven't been back since. Just didn't care for it. Reminds me of the old Cleveland airport circuit from the Champ Car days.

Roger Lee
31-07-2015, 22:28
Any basis for this wild and inaccurate assumption? I like both of these. They are in a different class to Ruapuna IMO.

Ruapuna is very much like Snetterton, I don't see how you think Snetterton is in a whole different class.

NuclearPenguin
31-07-2015, 22:35
Haven't touched it since day 1. Wasn't really impressed but I may try it again in the future. I mainly got the pack for the cars.

TheReaper GT
31-07-2015, 23:01
Clio or gr5, every day :)

Dutchmountains
01-08-2015, 06:46
Updated

valdzor
01-08-2015, 07:35
Once it was released to give it a try, never since, but it's an ok track for slow cars, like road A cars ou old catherams

Mascot
01-08-2015, 07:44
Ruapuna is very much like Snetterton, I don't see how you think Snetterton is in a whole different class.

They share similarities but I find Snetterton a lot more fun and a lot more challenging. And if Ruapuna really is "very much like Snetterton", then it rather begs the question: why add Ruapuna?

Spiny Anteater
01-08-2015, 07:54
Only raced it a few times.

I like the track, found it surprisingly good for racing, but as most of my time is spent in career and the track isn't in career (correct me if I'm wrong here) then unfortunately I haven't spent all that long on it.

xautos
01-08-2015, 11:32
ran around on it earlier online, in practice sessions, first time in the 12c road a car, the default settings are awful, some minor adjustments to less break pressure and more forward bias, some adjustments in the bump part of the spring to stiffen the front, loosen the rear, adjust the front sway bar 2 notches and adjust the 75% first diff to 35% instead, it made a whole world of difference.

anyways the 12c couldnt deliver the lap times i was looking for, none the less raced around on default for about 10 laps, changed the settings, another 10 laps. then switched to the ruf and went much faster, again needed a number of tweaks to the car. you can win and loose time in each corner very easily around ruapuna, unfortunately it punishes drivers who have a liking for understeer in their cars. you need a pointy to neutral car to make the biggest impression and you need to very confident on the brakes and hope the car sticks.

the second to last corner is very deceptive, you need to wash off a bit of speed and aim your car generally towards the exit point otherwise the chances are you will run over the rumble strip and half the car on the dirt getting an invaldated time. the final corner is something of a nightmare, you can take different lines through that corner and its hard to brake there.. but then again turn 1 is also an equal nightmare, its also deceptive, if you take too much speed you will lock up and go off into the dirt, you brake at a slightly different line your car could end up going off into the dirt. even if you get the braking right, the corner exit is also very deceptive, you think you can make it through at full speed, but it depends where your car is on the tarmac at that point as to how you can get to the exit with as fast a time as you can get. its easy to mess up turn 1.

rams1de
01-08-2015, 12:52
Once.

Found it featureless and very technical, not the best combination when there are more engaging circuits to learn.

Expect I'll come back to it at some point. I felt the same about Snetterton when I first drove it but love the place now.

Chevi
01-08-2015, 13:56
Only raced it a few times.

I like the track, found it surprisingly good for racing, but as most of my time is spent in career and the track isn't in career (correct me if I'm wrong here) then unfortunately I haven't spent all that long on it.

Unfortunately the track ist not yet open in career mode. The GP-Track seems to be "steril".

Dutchmountains
02-08-2015, 09:07
Last update.
Now we can discuss further.
Im not counting anymore.

The picture is clear.
Thanks for voting.

Tomcul
02-08-2015, 10:36
Caterham 500 is fun around it let that back end go a little loose!!

BioForce
02-08-2015, 11:22
Only once. Too flat for me.

tgrey
02-08-2015, 11:28
Only once. Too flat for me.

Being so flat makes it more challenging!

BioForce
02-08-2015, 11:36
Pcars UI is challenging enough :cool:;)

Mascot
02-08-2015, 12:10
Being so flat makes it more challenging!

Go on then... I'll bite.

How so?

Mahjik
02-08-2015, 14:45
I finally got a chance to try Ruapuna (only the main layout) the other day. I will say, it was great to finally see this track. The WMD members were able to see the textures being done for this track and it was a cumulation of everything SMS learned over making the other tracks so the textures were much more detailed for this track. Given that, the final product is fair more detailed than I expected.

This track is not an international F1 track. It's a training and amateur race track which it shows in it's construction. The turns are designed to force thought and preparation to be fast rather than just stomping the "go pedal". With that, it's a lot like the tracks I get to run on in real life which is actually sort of comforting. I selected the McLaren 12C and did a 60 minute practice session from Quick Race (so I could have AI on the track). I did "multi-class opponents" so it threw in all of the street cars (faster and slower). It was just a like a "track day" and was great fun. ;)

tgrey
02-08-2015, 18:25
Go on then... I'll bite.

How so?

Might just be me, but IMHO elevation can present a challenge at either extreme. Large elevation changes are obviously more difficult, but very flat tracks can also be more difficult. Moderate elevation changes make it easier to pick out brake and turn in points based on the surroundings other than just brake markers, easier to see the apexes, etc. Being so flat feels like it gives me fewer reference points.

But maybe I'm crazy.