PDA

View Full Version : I just need a confirmation on tyre issue in FA.

tigerpaw11
30-07-2015, 10:09
Hi.

Ps4, wheel, no ass, everything else set to real.

I know there are several threads regarding tyre temps in different classes etc.. but i just want to know if the problems with loosing heat in the rear tires in FA cars are being fixef/looked at in 3.0patch to ps4?

On sakkito and brands hatch (last tracks i've tried) my rear temperature slowly fades to 80c in 5-7 laps time, both in practise, online and TT. I'm not driving to slow and my fronts stays alright for 40laps. If not pushing to the limit each lap, lets say i get stucked behind a slower car for a lap or so, rear temps drops even faster, not to be regained.

I'm enjoying this game so much but the loss of temp is forcing me to pit just to get some heat in the rear again which kills my strategy.

Cheers!

Lagoa
30-07-2015, 10:18
Hi.

Ps4, wheel, no ass, everything else set to real.

I know there are several threads regarding tyre temps in different classes etc.. but i just want to know if the problems with loosing heat in the rear tires in FA cars are being fixef/looked at in 3.0patch to ps4?

On sakkito and brands hatch (last tracks i've tried) my rear temperature slowly fades to 80c in 5-7 laps time, both in practise, online and TT. I'm not driving to slow and my fronts stays alright for 40laps. If not pushing to the limit each lap, lets say i get stucked behind a slower car for a lap or so, rear temps drops even faster, not to be regained.

I'm enjoying this game so much but the loss of temp is forcing me to pit just to get some heat in the rear again which kills my strategy.

Cheers!

Lower the pressure in the rear tires?

tigerpaw11
30-07-2015, 10:30
thanks for suggestion but I've tried that but it doesnt help. I've tried the opposite as well with no effect.

I'm more curious if the Changes made to the pc version will be carried over to console versions as well.

tilbs10
30-07-2015, 10:59
Possibly turn the Acceleration Differential Lock down a bit to give a bit more slip in the rear tyres. You could put some more downforce on the rear of the car to make it use more grip going through the quicker corners, causing more heat to be produced. This is only a suggestion, not sure if it will work or not

Lagoa
30-07-2015, 11:02
thanks for suggestion but I've tried that but it doesnt help. I've tried the opposite as well with no effect.

I'm more curious if the Changes made to the pc version will be carried over to console versions as well.

I've read somewhere by default you get the medium slicks. So change to soft pre race and you should be good

tigerpaw11
30-07-2015, 11:21
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated, i'll give it a go with more acc diff lock and see if it helps.

Lagoa, i'm a bit confused about the possibility to choose tires on the ps4 and FA. As now in "setup", i can only choose between wet, int and slicks if not choosing by default(which is a kind of blind spot), but if i choose in my "pit strategy" i get the option to choose hard and medium as well as the ones i find in the "setup". Is it different on xbox1?

Lagoa
30-07-2015, 11:57
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated, i'll give it a go with more acc diff lock and see if it helps.

Lagoa, i'm a bit confused about the possibility to choose tires on the ps4 and FA. As now in "setup", i can only choose between wet, int and slicks if not choosing by default(which is a kind of blind spot), but if i choose in my "pit strategy" i get the option to choose hard and medium as well as the ones i find in the "setup". Is it different on xbox1?

FA, is wet, inter, soft, medium and hard afaik. Haven't played FA after the latest patch tho. But don't think this has changed. In the Garage setup you should always be able to select soft slicks aswell.

tigerpaw11
30-07-2015, 12:16
Hmm, now i've tried FA in: garage, online and practise. What i can choose from is: Automatic by weather, soft, int and wets.

If i go into pit strategy i can choose from: soft, med, hard, in, wets and extreme wets. How this works when pitting i dont know yet but i guess it wont. Anyhow i dont want to start the race with pitting just to put the mediums on;-)

I'll try as i'm gonna do some practise soon. Would be interesting to see your options if you try the FA car. I'll be back!

Lagoa
30-07-2015, 12:37
Hmm, now i've tried FA in: garage, online and practise. What i can choose from is: Automatic by weather, soft, int and wets.

If i go into pit strategy i can choose from: soft, med, hard, in, wets and extreme wets. How this works when pitting i dont know yet but i guess it wont. Anyhow i dont want to start the race with pitting just to put the mediums on;-)

I'll try as i'm gonna do some practise soon. Would be interesting to see your options if you try the FA car. I'll be back!

No, you have to select the SOFT compound pre race. No need to pit. And don't use the mediums. You need soft.

N0body Of The Goat
30-07-2015, 12:45
Console versions have yet to see the new slick compounds introduced in PC Patch 2.5, that were further tweaked by Doug & co. for the upcoming patch.

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 12:51
As above its beenconfirmed several tines, next patch for consoles, already in 2.5 for pc.

tigerpaw11
30-07-2015, 13:10
No, you have to select the SOFT compound pre race. No need to pit. And don't use the mediums. You need soft.

I did pit ( even though i didn't have to) and choosed mediums which was a choice given(at least on the screen), but was given softs again. So whats available pre patch is soft, wet and inters. What i read more tires will be available post patch.

I know i need soft and i dont wanna pit, but you hinted in previous post that medium was the choice by default so i had to give it a try. And if i do full distance a pitstop can come in question.

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 13:21
I did pit ( even though i didn't have to) and choosed mediums which was a choice given(at least on the screen), but was given softs again. So whats available pre patch is soft, wet and inters. What i read more tires will be available post patch.

I know i need soft and i dont wanna pit, but you hinted in previous post that medium was the choice by default so i had to give it a try. And if i do full distance a pitstop can come in question.

You haven't got mediums yet, next patch. But the current softs are the new mediums, and the new softs are juat soft and heatable:)

Lagoa
30-07-2015, 14:00
Rofl, even I'm confused now... Haven't played FA in a while. But can't remember having problems with the tires not heating up or cooling down or overheating.

Guess I'll just wait to play FA for a while...

Is Gulf, FC, or FB also having this tyre issue?

tigerpaw11
30-07-2015, 14:20
and the new mediums are juat soft and heatable:)

Kind of lost me there..you mean the new softs?

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 14:21
Kind of lost me there..you mean the new softs?

Damn yes:)

tigerpaw11
30-07-2015, 14:53
Yes! I didn't dared/wanted to take it any further ;-)

krawlx
30-07-2015, 17:28
I am with you. I've tried just about everything and have had little success in keeping the rears up to temp in FA, on almost every track. My solution has been this: turn off all HUD. I now just race without paying attention to tyre temps and drive by feel of the car. I've found that my times are just as good, if not better, when I'm not constantly looking at the temps. I have also had many fewer spins and racing incidents. The game also looks much better. But it would be nice to know you've got properly heated rears.

krawlx
30-07-2015, 17:32
The dialing back on acc diff lock is one thing I haven't tried. If you do try it, mind reporting back on the results?

tigerpaw11
30-07-2015, 18:24
I am with you. I've tried just about everything and have had little success in keeping the rears up to temp in FA, on almost every track. My solution has been this: turn off all HUD. I now just race without paying attention to tyre temps and drive by feel of the car. I've found that my times are just as good, if not better, when I'm not constantly looking at the temps. I have also had many fewer spins and racing incidents. The game also looks much better. But it would be nice to know you've got properly heated rears.

I agree about turning hud/telemetry off would be a "solution", but when i use the telemetry i can see when in turn i get most grip/traction on the rears and try to apply "max" throttle to gain some heat. A bit complicated, i know☺.

Regarding acc diff, i might have gained a bit of extra heat with lower setting but not enough, if any. Really looking forward to the patch so i can focus on different things.

Umer Ahmad
30-07-2015, 21:56

Yes this was the issue with the FA slick. In PC-ONLY patch2.5 Doug introduced a new SOFT tyre which heats nicely. This new SOFT tyre should be available in console/PC patch 3.0 (along with possibly a new MEDIUM tyre as well)