PDA

View Full Version : Clarkson, May, Hammond Sign Deal with Amazon Video

Raven403
30-07-2015, 13:02
Via Clarkson's twitter the original Top Gear trio penned a deal with Amazon. Personally I couldn't be happier to hear they will be back, and quite possibly better then ever. Amongst rumors co-hosts for the BBC Top Gear reboot could include Jenson Button. Big things happening, Thoughts?

FA RACING 01
30-07-2015, 13:07
Via Clarkson's twitter the original Top Gear trio penned a deal with Amazon. Personally I couldn't be happier to hear they will be back, and quite possibly better then ever. Amongst rumors co-hosts for the BBC Top Gear reboot could include Jenson Button. Big things happening, Thoughts?

Thanks mate, best news I received all week and cant wait to watch the trio in action again. As for BBC Top Gear, sorry, I couldn't care less - it will just never be the same again.

Raven403
30-07-2015, 13:39
Thanks mate, best news I received all week and cant wait to watch the trio in action again. As for BBC Top Gear, sorry, I couldn't care less - it will just never be the same again.

Agreed

Schnizz58
30-07-2015, 14:48
This is excellent news. It'll be interesting to see if and how the format will change.

Im Sorry
30-07-2015, 15:55
Your right.Won't be the same again.But I'm f**ked if I'm paying 79 for the privilege of watching them.

Thank God for the internet!
That's all I can say ;)

Sproket
30-07-2015, 16:35
I've got Amazon and it seems all their films have been increased loads all of a sudden. 5 for Jurrasic Park I. Theory of everything 14 you can buy it on blu ray for less than that. Wtf rip off merchants. 79 gets you free delivery and nothing else. At least Netflix doesn't keep changing price? Life of Pi was free 2 days ago. :mad:

Gopher04
30-07-2015, 17:01
Don't agree with having to sign up with prime just to see them, don't do enough ordering of Amazon to warrant it.

Raven403
30-07-2015, 17:35
Don't agree with having to sign up with prime just to see them, don't do enough ordering of Amazon to warrant it.

Oh I do, Its paid for itself many times over already. But i see what you mean

Silversn95
30-07-2015, 20:30
I thought they were working on a deal with Netflix. Too bad since I have Netflix, never new there was an Amazon Video... shows how much I use the internet...
They are going to need a big budget to keep on the level of content that they did on Top Gear through.

Raven403
31-07-2015, 11:32
I thought they were working on a deal with Netflix. Too bad since I have Netflix, never new there was an Amazon Video... shows how much I use the internet...
They are going to need a big budget to keep on the level of content that they did on Top Gear through.

Yup its part of Amazon Prime. And im sure Amazon has the budget to keep the level of quality we're used to. The producer largely responsable for their format also went to Amazon with them, so I think it will be very similar, maybe even better without the BBC nanny.

Only one way to find out......

xautos
31-07-2015, 12:58
it will be a disaster for amazon if they dont clearly define to jezza, captain slow and hamster what they can and can not do before they start pulling everything together. i mean they can get involved in their usual antics which made them famous when dealing with new cars, but some of the most recent clangers they did with the bbc for example, stuff like that should be curtailed. like driving around in argentina with a license plate that deliberatly had them chased out of that country because of the falklands.

but yeah, i hope amazon show they to have fangs when they produce their comments, but some of the more sensitive issues should remain hands off.

chig88
01-08-2015, 23:32
I really hope this crashes & burns.

LogRoad
02-08-2015, 04:09
They may never again be as good as they were - the world turns, we all get older, crap happens - but if they're together again they probably will still be the best at what they do.

Long live the three . . . well, the three of them.

Gravit8
02-08-2015, 05:10
Glad to see them back. Will be interesting to see what these three come up with and and how it compares to top gears huge scale and budget. The guys could also be a lot less racist and indifferent to the third world struggle and not make fun of other countries, but I guess it wouldn't be British humor without it. I may cringe, but I still laugh at the horrible things they say in disbelief.

I wonder if they will have to cut that elitist Brit attitude.

Midnightm3nace
02-08-2015, 05:36
HA HAHAHAHA no.
They're British. They'd rather wait 2 years to back to Britain if they have to.
Personally, I'd rather they go on netflix, but Netflix sacked ALL 15 SEASNONS of TOP GEAR until Season 17, and each season only has 6 episodes now.
Basically, Netflix Netsh*t loved the bucks and then f*cked us, I wouldn't be surprised if they would do it again. At least Amazon knows people will wreck its sh*t if they mess up.
Pardon my vulgar language.

LogRoad
02-08-2015, 20:27
Didn't know that. Glad I watched as many of the discs as I did. Did they give a reason? Doesn't really make much sense.

Raven403
03-08-2015, 11:17
As with everything else, its probably because the BBC wanted too much money to keep them on Netflix, or Netflix had a previous agreement with a time limit on it, many movies on Netflix have gone after being on there for a while. Its clear the BBC has a working relationship with Amazon, because all of the Specials and one offs are all on there for a fee. Probably why, because they want to charge people.