PDA

View Full Version : Wheel coming tomorrow!!

oneBIGkicker
30-07-2015, 14:07
Feel Like a kid on Xmass Eve!
A post about a month ago linked to a site selling the TX for a good price. Month later I finally get Email that is shipping!! Next day Delivery, just in time for the weekend!

Now I just have to figure out how to use /set up/ adjust the thing, without breaking it. I am sure the info is in these forums just have to find the right/ up to date posts.

Once I have it set to my liking, will I have to then adjust in-game for each car on the FFB tuning page?

Psychomatrix
30-07-2015, 14:32
I'm coming tomorrow too "lol

Serious... wish you lot of fun with it and hope you find all the informations you'll need. Yes you can adjust for each car the ffb. There are guides here on the side and it improve the feeling of the cars a lot when you do that.

Apoc112
30-07-2015, 14:36
Congrats - hope you love it as much as I have come to love mine. Planning on getting/building a stand for it?

My advice for setting it up is simple:

1. assuming you are updated to 2.0, calibrate the wheels and pedals as directed.
2. In FFB calibration, just turn Tire Forces down to ~50-60. I use 58.
3. Leave everything else alone. Take just about any car out in free practice and get used to it over a few laps. See if FFB is making sense to you and communicating the right sense of control over the car (i.e. can you feel when you apply too much power and the back end starts to step out? can you feel the limit of your grip? can you quickly and intuitively catch it in a drift?)

This is where i stopped. no individual tweaking per car, no jack spade setup changes... maybe there's more i could get out of it, but i am very happy with the changes post-2.0.

oneBIGkicker
30-07-2015, 14:47
Congrats - hope you love it as much as I have come to love mine. Planning on getting/building a stand for it?

My advice for setting it up is simple:

Stand is still a ? mark, When I first placed order, I had extra cash I could have got a stand, bad month now has cash a bit tight. Will try to find something I already have to make it work.

Thanks for the set up advice, K.I.S.S. is me all day!

Ixoye56
30-07-2015, 15:16
Prepare yourself for many hours tweaking FFB ;)

widcard
30-07-2015, 15:41
Congrats, I'm getting a TX Racing Wheel next week can't wait, I'm really looking forward to it. From the videos I've watched there's no comparison between a Wheel and controller. I've built my own custom made stand it has a real Racing seat and everything, it's going to be freakn awesome!

llll DEMON IIII
30-07-2015, 19:35
My advice would be a decent stand/frame/whatever you want to call it.
When I got mine I just clamped it to a desk and pulled an arm chair up to it. It was horrible. I was afraid I'd spent all that money on something I really wasn't enjoying (might of also been something to do with the game I was playing at the time).
With ProjectCars coming out I decided to invest in a decent frame with a racing bucket seat. And oh my, what a difference.

nissan4ever
30-07-2015, 20:17
Step by step setup procedure here for your new Thrustmaster TX. Have fun.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27338-Help-to-set-up-your-new-Thrustmaster-TX

STEELJOCKEY
31-07-2015, 00:20
Get a good frame or make something solid to keep the wheel still, a good bucket seat for comfort, or invest in a simulator setup.

Make sure your wheel has the latest firmware.

Calibrate wheel in game, make sure deadzone is at zero. I've found all other standard default settings to be fine so far in patch 2.0

HAVE FUN

Dan77 DESTROYER
31-07-2015, 03:29
As above a firm base to mount it on is a must as is having the latest firmware ;)

Enjoy :D

jason
31-07-2015, 03:34
Prepare yourself for many hours tweaking FFB ;)

many many many hrs is totally correct ....... you are going to lose that weekend tweaking , which can be fun if you understand what you are doing .

Get some info , not to much so you then get completely lost as I did.

FACT0RY PIL0T
31-07-2015, 11:03
Curious if your wheel is notchy feeling or smooth all the way through when turning.

Dan77 DESTROYER
31-07-2015, 11:35
Curious if your wheel is notchy feeling or smooth all the way through when turning.

You can feel the teeth on the belts when they are brand new, once they've had hours of use they get smoother, mine is getting smoother by the week, got my tx end of May.

nissan4ever
31-07-2015, 12:34
Mine's definitely smooth after over 385 hrs of fun :)

Boskapongen
31-07-2015, 13:22
I just got mine, with playseat aswell, wife is very happy.........not! :)

Umer Ahmad
31-07-2015, 13:36
That giraffe, for good luck? ;)

Dynomight Motorsports
31-07-2015, 13:43
Nice setup Bosk, My wife doesn't like mine much either. At least it has casters so it gets pushed in the corner when I'm not racing..
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h442/mikevoltz1/IMG_20150530_160924_zpsub3gxiya.jpg
I put a Power interrupter/toggle switch on my rig so I don't have to unplug it everytime I Lose FFB when I Unsnap.... Only available on XB1!!! LoL

oneBIGkicker
31-07-2015, 16:47
12:18 pm Delivered , Hell Yeah!!

Just have to find a way to get out of work early!

FACT0RY PIL0T
31-07-2015, 17:28
Mine's definitely smooth after over 385 hrs of fun :)

Hmmm ive probably got at least that many hours, and its still notchy.

nissan4ever
31-07-2015, 17:51
Hmmm ive probably got at least that many hours, and its still notchy.

I don't know about your TX ;) I know about how mine's preforms.

Dynomight Motorsports
31-07-2015, 19:08
Mine doesn't feel notchy, unless I use too much Caster, then it feels like I have flat spots on the edge of my tires, or that they are chattering around the corners.

oneBIGkicker
01-08-2015, 02:15
On phone, hate typing on it so won't say all i want to... I love this thing!!!!

Got a $30 stand from Home Depot working well, but will upgrade. When I can
Knock on wood , I will never play PCars on controler again. Unreal how much better it is with a wheel

Thanks so much for the link to set up help, very useful
Only about .700 off my times now , was worries I would take long to get back to expected pace.

Wheel has also solved the MP issue,,. I'll play all day by myself with a wheel!!!

Best xmass ever!

nissan4ever
01-08-2015, 02:21
Thanks so much for the link to set up help

Happy for you! Glad my link helped make it smooth & simple setup.

FACT0RY PIL0T
01-08-2015, 03:01
I dont know but ive tried this and that in settings, turning up down etc.

I have to basically turn the thing down so far for it to be smooth in rotation I might as well have it off. Im trying not to blame the ffb programing but I will say that the wheel was a hell of a lot smoother on forza than this game.

Seriously to the point where I dont think the feed back is all that great id rate it at a 2 out of 10, and ive played a lot of diffrent things on wheels, and im no where as smooth as i am on anything else out there.

Id pick Mario Kart steering over this FFB, at this point.

Neil Hopwood
01-08-2015, 03:08
On phone, hate typing on it so won't say all i want to... I love this thing!!!!

Got a $30 stand from Home Depot working well, but will upgrade. When I can
Knock on wood , I will never play PCars on controler again. Unreal how much better it is with a wheel

Thanks so much for the link to set up help, very useful
Only about .700 off my times now , was worries I would take long to get back to expected pace.

Wheel has also solved the MP issue,,. I'll play all day by myself with a wheel!!!

Best xmass ever!

Welcome to the club. I can't go back to a controller anymore on pretty much any racing game, it feels so unnatural.

nissan4ever
01-08-2015, 04:14
wheel was a hell of a lot smoother on forza than this game

We going to have to disagree. The FFB on FM5 isn't in the same league, compared to what Project CARS does. IMO

I run this on Project CARS

FFB 100

Force Feedback Calibration Screen
Tire Force 60 (give or take)
Relative Adjust Gain 1.10
Everything else is default on that page.

Jack Spade's FY SopLateral Mix or 66% chart.

Forza 5 has never ever felt no where near as good [especially the fine detail] as Project CARS does on my TX. Never.

FACT0RY PIL0T
01-08-2015, 04:32
We going to have to disagree. The FFB on FM5 isn't in the same league, compared to what Project CARS does. IMO

I run this on Project CARS

FFB 100

Force Feedback Calibration Screen
Tire Force 60 (give or take)
Relative Adjust Gain 1.10
Everything else is default on that page.

Jack Spade's FY SopLateral Mix or 66% chart.

Forza 5 has never ever felt no where near as good [especially the fine detail] as Project CARS does on my TX. Never.Like going through turn 13 at Nurb Gp the easiest point to feel it the wheel has a ledge on mine for that little bit of movement, and can feel it everywhere when driving totally unrealistic.

gds1972
01-08-2015, 09:33
Feel Like a kid on Xmass Eve!
A post about a month ago linked to a site selling the TX for a good price. Month later I finally get Email that is shipping!! Next day Delivery, just in time for the weekend!

Now I just have to figure out how to use /set up/ adjust the thing, without breaking it. I am sure the info is in these forums just have to find the right/ up to date posts.

Once I have it set to my liking, will I have to then adjust in-game for each car on the FFB tuning page?

Out of curiosity can you please post a link to the site?

Thanks

oneBIGkicker
01-08-2015, 21:52
Place called micro center. Price has gone up a bit to 275 I think, still good.
With 26 tax and shipping ,276 for me.
Worth every penny

STEELJOCKEY
01-08-2015, 22:09
After nearly 2 years of hard driving through Forza and now PC1, the wheel hand grips have split at the seams, luckily the distributor has offered to replac the rim FOC. Can't complain about it really as it has been a great buy and excellent fun. Currently back on the controller and hating every minute of it.

Suggest buying some glove to stop the sweat and give longer life to the rubber grips, I'm looking into cycling fingerless gloves to protect the rim from sweat but easy button/gear change control.

gds1972
02-08-2015, 18:53
Thanks for the info oneBIGkicker.