PDA

View Full Version : Highest quality track (visually) for demonstrating to new users?

Fanatest
30-07-2015, 19:49
Is there a track that is considered to be the "highest quality" / "higher quality" than the others?

I have some visitors coming to stay who have never used a sim rig before and I'd like to set them up on the absolute best looking track/time of day / weather etc possible.

While my favourite tracks are SPA and Cadwell, both of these have issues visually (SPA is covered in fences that cause aliasing, and Cadwell is not easy for novice users)

Do SMS have a track that they themselves consider to be their "showcase" track OR what track/time of day / weather do YOU think is absolutely stunning and great for demonstrating PCars/SimRigs to new users?

N0body Of The Goat
30-07-2015, 20:02
Nordschleife is nice, great looking for a non-laser scanned track, plus it runs very well on high settings.

MrFlibble81
30-07-2015, 20:05
Laguna Seca at sunset/sunrise.

Fanatest
30-07-2015, 20:07
Nordschleife is nice, great looking for a non-laser scanned track, plus it runs very well on high settings.

I do love the Nords but it may be a big long and bland for them (first time) but I don't disagree with that at all! It looks photo realistic at the right time of day and runs very well on my PC :)

Laguna Seca at sunset/sunrise.

Yea 6am at Laguna is very very nice, fun track, short ... This may be the one (I don't run that track too often so will be fun for me too) :D

MrFlibble81
30-07-2015, 20:11
Yea 6am at Laguna is very very nice, fun track, short ... This may be the one (I don't run that track too often so will be fun for me too) :D

Just be careful on the corkscrew. Real easy to mess up there.

Megalomanic87
30-07-2015, 20:13
Probably Zolder at sunrise.

Or any track, with any sunset, glorious.

NemethR
30-07-2015, 20:33
Imola looks also very nice, or a night race at Spa.

TheReaper GT
30-07-2015, 20:36
To me, Brno is the absolute beauty. Imola at night and le mans worth rain are awesome too.

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 20:37
ISnt different people's views amazing, I find Laguna very bland, and it's hard to drive for a newbie, blind crests, etc.

Can't see past Spa for a first impression, that view down the hill is so good and so accurate.

LordDRIFT
30-07-2015, 20:55
ISnt different people's views amazing, I find Laguna very bland, and it's hard to drive for a newbie, blind crests, etc.

Can't see past Spa for a first impression, that view down the hill is so good and so accurate.

Very bland indeed. Fun track depending on car though.

Fanatest
30-07-2015, 21:05
To me, Brno is the absolute beauty. Imola at night and le mans worth rain are awesome too.

Imagine that,
First time in a sim, with a wheel, shifter and pedals, at Imola, at night... in the effin rain! :angel:

You must hate your friends ;)

California HIghway with fast time of day starting at around 14:00 with all weather starting clear then to thunderstorm with max weather speed sounds interesting. Race a sports car in hood cam and tell them it's Outrun 2015 Bad Ass Edition !

Oh Outrun, such a classic. I remember the first time the game said "Time boner". I was in heaven. Many "time boners" later I proudly beat that game on one quarter !

You know what...
I don't think ive ever actually ran that track...
I hate point to point tracks, I really should go have a look :glee:

Liquid_Drummer
30-07-2015, 21:06
California HIghway with fast time of day starting at around 14:00 with all weather starting clear then to thunderstorm with max weather speed sounds interesting. Race a sports car in hood cam and tell them it's Outrun 2015 Bad Ass Edition !

Oh Outrun, such a classic. I remember the first time the game said "Time boner". I was in heaven. Many "time boners" later I proudly beat that game on one quarter !

LordDRIFT
30-07-2015, 21:08

The novelty of this track gets lost on me pretty quickly. Not a fan at all.

TheReaper GT
30-07-2015, 21:10
Imagine that,
First time in a sim, with a wheel, shifter and pedals, at Imola, at night... in the effin rain! :angel:

You must hate your friends ;)

You know what...
I don't think ive ever actually ran that track...
I hate point to point tracks, I really should go have a look :glee:

Hahaha, they must suffer :D

Invincible
30-07-2015, 21:14
Hahaha, they must suffer :D

Let them suffer for not having bought the game already! ;)

SENNABOY1
30-07-2015, 21:26
IMOLA,I must have driven that 50 times or more already,start the race in late evening after 5 or so laps sunset into darkness,wow ,spectacular,can't stop looking at this one,brilliant graphics and colours,

flymar
30-07-2015, 21:45
I'd say Imola, medium or heavy clouds. Zolder is great but the chicanes can be tricky for new driver.

Fanatest
30-07-2015, 22:02
So general consensus is that we're going with Imola?

Time - ? (After 5 seems popular) :)
Could - Medium
Weather - ?

I want them to go Aahhhhh... Oooohhh... WOW! :D

John Hargreaves
30-07-2015, 22:17
Early morning is nice at Imola, depends on the date I suppose, but 7am the sun rises over the track on the uphill section just after the hairpin, beautiful.
Also Brands Hatch GP is a good one, has some great replay cameras, that 'golden hour' either side of sunrise/set always looks good with medium cloud. Overcast gives the most photoreal lighting for a daylight race.
The GT3 cars look superb if you are trying to show the game off.

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 22:21
don't think i've even tried imola yet:) sounds like i better get on it

flymar
30-07-2015, 22:25
don't think i've even tried imola yet:) sounds like i better get on itIt was one of the 2 track available in the beginning of WMD period. So I guess I drove it more thane anything else, mostly with Radicals and the_Audi_we_do_not_have:)

Fanatest
30-07-2015, 22:57
Early morning is nice at Imola, depends on the date I suppose, but 7am the sun rises over the track on the uphill section just after the hairpin, beautiful.
Also Brands Hatch GP is a good one, has some great replay cameras, that 'golden hour' either side of sunrise/set always looks good with medium cloud. Overcast gives the most photoreal lighting for a daylight race.
The GT3 cars look superb if you are trying to show the game off.

That's exactly what I'm after ;)
I have friends coming to visit from Greece and they don't play games. So I want to max out the game, get them in my Fanatec Rig and let them experience it at its finest.

So...
Imola sunrise/sunset with medium cloud
Brandshatch sunrise/sunset with medium cloud

And/or both of the above with "overcast" for photorealistic colour palette ;)

When set to overcast, what time do you think? Still sunrise/sunset or ...?

DayGlow
30-07-2015, 23:36
California Coast. Don't have to drive it hard. Closest to what a green user is used to in real life. Can be fun without driving right on the edge of control.

Flihp
31-07-2015, 01:01
Im a bit of a fan of Brno, late afternoon, rain with heavy fog. Not for prettiness but for a " holly crap" effect.. Rain and fog is so much better than just rain.

TheReaper GT
31-07-2015, 01:45
Im a bit of a fan of Brno, late afternoon, rain with heavy fog. Not for prettiness but for a " holly crap" effect.. Rain and fog is so much better than just rain.

Yeah, a dynamic five Laper with sunset, fog, rain, night and the jaws will drop, guaranteed.

Bluedice
31-07-2015, 04:50
The Green Hell with fog, nothing beats that!

moeder_theresa
31-07-2015, 06:05
Sakitto with rain on The first few laps, followed by sun.

And because I am from Belgium, I would say Spa or Zolder!

bodyshop
31-07-2015, 06:46
Glad i'm not the only one who noticed some tracks are not same standard as others. My general opinion is that Donnington is one of the best represented tracks in the game, its so sharp, so accurate and looks just perfect IMO in all time slots and in all weathers. Some tracks look pretty ropey when you pick clear sky, Watkins Glen is pure Race Pro on xbox 360.

To add i notice its the UK tracks that seem to at least to be the best looking like alot more time was spent lovingly working on them, which is great for me as i love UK tracks.

TheReaper GT
31-07-2015, 06:48
But watkins is ugly in real life. It's awesome to race, but damn is ugly.

bodyshop
31-07-2015, 06:50

Yeah i meant the last corner as you approach it the trackside signs 'pop' from light grey to dark grey, its a bug granted but the trees are rendered badly, i feels like a lifted track from an old game. But first thing i'll do later is race again on that track in free practice and stop and have a look around, maybe i was tired when i played it and just have a bad image of it...

OperatorWay
31-07-2015, 07:51
Le Mans. Bathurst. Nurburgring GP. Azure Circuit (Monaco). Zolder. Sonoma. ...all great looking tracks in the game.

John Hargreaves
31-07-2015, 09:24
Oulton Park is a really nice track also, its one of the laser scanned ones and it is uncannily accurate. A bit narrow, so overtaking isnt easy, but a great track to drive, lots of elevation changes, and described as the best track in England by Ben Collins.

Edit: Im starting to think that if you go through this thread, youd find every track in the game mentioned lol

TheReaper GT
31-07-2015, 09:35
^^+1 so many great tracks. Road America with fog is just breath taking.

Olijke Poffer
31-07-2015, 10:50

I love that track indeed.

Oulton Park is a really nice track also, its one of the laser scanned ones and it is uncannily accurate. A bit narrow, so overtaking isnt easy, but a great track to drive, lots of elevation changes, and described as the best track in England by Ben Collins.

Edit: Im starting to think that if you go through this thread, youd find every track in the game mentioned lol

Also one of my favourites.. With GT3 cars it is. It feels great to feel all the bumps etc in this track.

Mahjik
31-07-2015, 13:25
Purely for graphical display, you won't get any better than Azure Circuit and Zolder. Those are the two which really show off the Madness engine.

tankyx
31-07-2015, 14:20
Bathurst, but it is hard to drive. Brno or cadwell park are great

FluidPaprika736
31-07-2015, 19:14

Not to hijack this thread, but what is so ugly about the Glen in real life? Most people describe it as beautiful. I live 5 minutes away from the track and I love the scenery you get from the stands. I'm just curious.

I will say this: The Seneca grandstands (turn 1) are not represented right.

yusupov
31-07-2015, 19:33
i was always impressed with abu dhabi when looking at videos before release.

seems i better finally check out zolder, ive avoided it bc im not a fan of the track.

TheReaper GT
31-07-2015, 19:51
Not to hijack this thread, but what is so ugly about the Glen in real life? Most people describe it as beautiful. I live 5 minutes away from the track and I love the scenery you get from the stands. I'm just curious.

I will say this: The Seneca grandstands (turn 1) are not represented right.

I don't know, The track is brilliant but the visual kind of bothers me and I don't know why. Maybe all races that I saw have a very dirty track and surroundings, I honestly don't know.

hkraft300
01-08-2015, 06:08
Monaco at dusk. Even Bathurst with clear skies when you're on top of the hill there are views towards the valley. Usually at that point we're fixated on the fast approaching and narrow barriers, but stop and take a look one day. It's nice.
Oulton Park is awesome to drive and much more grippy than the bumps suggest.

Take it easy on them. Keep it simple. First time sim drivers may get overwhelmed a little by wet track.