PDA

View Full Version : Clean Racers do they really exist?

Fanatest
30-07-2015, 20:37
Today I was involved in 9 sessions in random XBO public lobbies.

Qualified mainly in the top 5 (usually top 3)

Racing was clean-ish, but some people can not overtake to save their life!
They think that chucking it up the inside (hitting you) pushing you off the track, or bashing into you (while they try to overtake) are all acceptable ways to take a position? No one seems willing to work for a position and race the entire race for that position fairly. They want to bash up to 1st by the end of lap 1?

For example...
I was clearly faster than 1 driver, went to overtake him on the straight (I usually only overtake in safe zones) and he swerved into me to stop me from overtaking him?

I eventually got passed him after a few laps, but he ruined my race, and he eventually rage quit when I did get passed him.

In another race, I was about to lap a driver and he would not let me passed?
He was swerving all over the road, brake checking me and driving me off the track etc ... This was NOT even for position? He was being lapped!

Eventually I got passed, and on the next lap found him parked sideways on the S/F Line waiting for me?..

I got round the back of him (luckily) as I think he expected me to stay online and was clearly going to drive forward crashing into me, to ruin my race.

However I went off line at the last minute (as I saw him up ahead) and went round the back of him (causing him to have to try to reverse into me) but reverse obviously wasn't fast enough, and alas he missed ;)

This went on and on and on...
I added 3 users to my block list today (but didn't get the others names) and was truly disheartened by the state of the online activity.

Everyone proclaims to be a good driver... but where were they all today :(

Sproket
30-07-2015, 20:45
I used to have an Xbox 360 but gave it to my 10 year old after failing ever to find a clean room.
PS3 wasn't much better but after a while I was able to build a great group of people that I still race with.
Have you still got that auto sync lobby thing?
That is a massive obstacle in MP enjoyment.

oneBIGkicker
30-07-2015, 20:47
Most cant drive worth a crap on track alone. They will never be able drive in Traffic.
As far as Blocking goes, I blame the AI. You can block AI all day and they back off. And since MP is not working up to par, I think too many get used to racing AI and use same cheap Tactics in MP.
If they knew anything, they would let you pass then try and keep up with you, would help them lean to get a bit faster.

stated Skill level in PCars (or any racing game I have played) is like stated Skill in Sex
Ask ANYONE, they will tell you they are better than avg, when in reality they are much closer to Below avg.

Fanatest
30-07-2015, 20:57
I used to have an Xbox 360 but gave it to my 10 year old after failing ever to find a clean room.
PS3 wasn't much better but after a while I was able to build a great group of people that I still race with.
Have you still got that auto sync lobby thing?
That is a massive obstacle in MP enjoyment.

Yea the XBO MP isn't anything like the PC, it's a poor show in comparison as their is no real way to avoid people like that :(

I was just amazed at how many people I encountered today, that are willing to invest their time playing the game in this manner, but for what? What's their end goal?

Most cant drive worth a crap on track alone. They will never be able drive in Traffic.
As far as Blocking goes, I blame the AI. You can block AI all day and they back off. And since MP is not working up to par, I think too many get used to racing AI and use same cheap Tactics in MP.
If they knew anything, they would let you pass then try and keep up with you, would help them lean to get a bit faster.

stated Skill level in PCars (or any racing game I have played) is like stated Skill in Sex
Ask ANYONE, they will tell you they are better than avg, when in reality they are much closer to Below avg.

You know what...
That makes a lot of sense! Some people very likely do treat MP like a grid of AI. I never thought of it this way.

OverHaased
30-07-2015, 21:47
I never raced online in Forza 5 for that exact reason, I waited for PCars as it was billed as a game that rewarded skill levels and would place us in MP races with equal skills, I see now that there was no real way that could be done and the ad campaign accomplished its goals of getting many of us to buy PCars based on false promises.

I still race in MP and really think if we could get chat to function we could defuse a lot of the rage and retaliation that takes place. Even good drivers respond by pushing another player out of the way if that other player made contact first. However if the first player had the ability to say "Oops sorry about that, I misjudged that" the race would continue and the offending driver might even be able to give the position back in a corner or three. However, we have no chat, so all that happens is one car hits the other, the car that gets hit goes full mental and spoils the race for both of them.

Fanatest
30-07-2015, 21:51
No chat in XBO?
I use my headset and chat etc no problem, what's wrong with your chat?

Dynomight Motorsports
30-07-2015, 21:57
I try to race everyone fair and clean, may rub fenders every now and then but I won't put you off. If I put anybody off by accident or what have you I'll wait for you to recover, its the Gentleman thing to do. But I learned my lesson long ago playing Grid Autosport, I DONT DO PUBLIC ROOMS. They are only filled with clowns. I only race in Private rooms with friends. If you ever get XB1 you can add me if you like, I'm mostly practicing GT3 or my no assists ProCar for league racing.

OpticalHercules
30-07-2015, 22:36
No chat in XBO?
I use my headset and chat etc no problem, what's wrong with your chat?

There's a known bug that Game Chat is very buggy for Xbox One. It is much worse in lobbies with more racers than few, but very often Player A will be able to hear players B and C, while player B can only hear player A, and player C can only hear player B.

As far as the blocking you talk about, I see a difference between defensive driving and the blocking you talk about. If I'm coming up on someone for position and they're pulling off their line or braking early/late into corners trying to throw me off, more power to them IMO. I consider that defensive. But once you're along side someone I expect the other drivers to be a little more careful. I don't want to be pushed off track and I'm even more worried about pushing someone else off in that situation. To block like that when not for position though is inexcusable.

For the most part I think you're preaching to the choir here. I assume that most people who care enough about this game to take the time and post on these forums aren't the type of players who are out to wreck or even to win at all costs. I think most people on this forum are the type who race for the sake of a good race, not a cheap win.

Mbondracing
30-07-2015, 22:49
I try to race as clean as I can, obviously there are times when things get misjudged, and luckily I raced in just one online lobby today and was lucky enough to race against 9 other people and get some good clean racing. It does suck though when it goes the other way and you end up racing with rage quitters and wreckers! Please add me as a Xbox friend if you like to race clean and fair my gamer tag is in my signature. Looking to just make some friends to race with casually, nothing serious but good clean racing because this game is the most fun game over ever played bar none!

Fanatest
30-07-2015, 23:22
I try to race as clean as I can, obviously there are times when things get misjudged, and luckily I raced in just one online lobby today and was lucky enough to race against 9 other people and get some good clean racing. It does suck though when it goes the other way and you end up racing with rage quitters and wreckers! Please add me as a Xbox friend if you like to race clean and fair my gamer tag is in my signature. Looking to just make some friends to race with casually, nothing serious but good clean racing because this game is the most fun game over ever played bar none!

I'll add you :D

I try to race everyone fair and clean, may rub fenders every now and then but I won't put you off. If I put anybody off by accident or what have you I'll wait for you to recover, its the Gentleman thing to do. But I learned my lesson long ago playing Grid Autosport, I DONT DO PUBLIC ROOMS. They are only filled with clowns. I only race in Private rooms with friends. If you ever get XB1 you can add me if you like, I'm mostly practicing GT3 or my no assists ProCar for league racing.

And you too :D (I'm on XBO/PC/PS4) ;)

There's a known bug that Game Chat is very buggy for Xbox One. It is much worse in lobbies with more racers than few, but very often Player A will be able to hear players B and C, while player B can only hear player A, and player C can only hear player B.

As far as the blocking you talk about, I see a difference between defensive driving and the blocking you talk about. If I'm coming up on someone for position and they're pulling off their line or braking early/late into corners trying to throw me off, more power to them IMO. I consider that defensive. But once you're along side someone I expect the other drivers to be a little more careful. I don't want to be pushed off track and I'm even more worried about pushing someone else off in that situation. To block like that when not for position though is inexcusable.

For the most part I think you're preaching to the choir here. I assume that most people who care enough about this game to take the time and post on these forums aren't the type of players who are out to wreck or even to win at all costs. I think most people on this forum are the type who race for the sake of a good race, not a cheap win.

Ahh, I've not encountered that bug personally, I've been fortunate that my headset seems to work fine in game, and I can hear everyone in the lobbies too (which is sometimes a real pain when they are screaming or blasting music) :-/

Mbondracing
30-07-2015, 23:28
Thanks, appreciated! Look forward to racing you soon

Headdogg81
31-07-2015, 00:29
Hi there guys (and possibly girls). Another XB1 user here looking for clean racers. Ill admit here I am still coming to grips with the game and using the wheel but I always aim to make it a clean and fair race. If I do mess up and hit someone (which will happen) it will never be intentional. Feel free to add me and to the others posting their GT I will add you later tonight unless there is any objections. See you on the track.

GT - Headdogg81

CavalierDeth
31-07-2015, 01:44
Hey people, I'm a clean driver, at most of my efforts, feel free to add me for casual races in ProjectCars and F1 as well.

Gamertag on Xbox One: CavalierDeth

Ryzza5
31-07-2015, 01:59
Clean here, but mistakes do happen. I figure if I make contact less often than the average BTCC driver I must be pretty good.

Rockefelluh
31-07-2015, 04:26
Come check out our group, NACRA (North American Casual Racers Association). We are a group of Xbox 1 games who race clean. Lots of different skill levels, lots of people who play nightly, or just every couple nights.

http://nacrassociation.proboards.com/

tonypbeck
31-07-2015, 06:05
I race very fair, haven't raced online yet but hope to soon.

Bloody AI Tboning me off the track is bad enough without racing people that do it on purpose, that would really annoy me.

Have raced since Toca on the original Xbox, what a game, hopefully SMS will add touring cars.

Fractured Life
31-07-2015, 10:46
Yes. They do indeed. The silent majority.

Sankyo
31-07-2015, 10:55
As has always been the case in MP, if you really want clean races you'll have to join a league, or organize your own private races. The true race craft of driving like you own it and enjoying the process of (close) racing and improving rather than the end result is simply not what most gamers are in for.

Hornetvenom
31-07-2015, 10:57
The worst bit is the start of the race. I usually qualify quite far forward and then pray no one is a jump starter waiting to tw*t me off at the first corner. Once the race is settled down however it's not as bad. (I say this knowing I'll be proved wrong tonight when I'm constantly taken out.)

Umer Ahmad
31-07-2015, 12:08
Reminder
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25749-XB1-Names-of-*OTHER*-Clean-Racers-(not-you!)

Hornetvenom
31-07-2015, 12:24
Reminder
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25749-XB1-Names-of-*OTHER*-Clean-Racers-(not-you!)

I like the idea of that subject but I like just setting up a lobby and giving people a chance. (More fool me.) If they take people out or do the good ol' parking out on track to hit people then they're usually kicked by the lobby. Keep in mind as well it is very easy to tar everyone with the same brush. Some people may just genuinely out brake themselves due to being new to the game. I wouldn't like to be classed as a dirty *INSERT EXPLETIVE HERE* just because I cocked up one corner.

FA RACING 01
31-07-2015, 12:27
As previous posters said, it's something that we will never be rid of on racing games, but hopefully they will get less and less on PCars.

I blame the TV for that. Lots of youngsters watching Pastor Maldonado in F1 and follow suit. :glee:

Umer Ahmad
31-07-2015, 12:29
I like the idea of that subject but I like just setting up a lobby and giving people a chance. (More fool me.) If they take people out or do the good ol' parking out on track to hit people then they're usually kicked by the lobby. Keep in mind as well it is very easy to tar everyone with the same brush. Some people may just genuinely out brake themselves due to being new to the game. I wouldn't like to be classed as a dirty *INSERT EXPLETIVE HERE* just because I cocked up one corner.

I also monitor what happens after an incident: did the player wait for the guy to recover and give back the position? Or did he just drive away without acknowledging he just ruined someone's race?

Accidents will happen but gentlemen will try to make the world right afterwards.

OverHaased
31-07-2015, 13:58
The rage racers is one thing, but the guy that sits in the middle of the track and waits for the leaders just to mess up their race???

A simple fix for this is once a car is a lap down it goes into Ghost mode and can not harm any other car.

This crap is happening more and more. Last night in a 10 lap race @ Road America we had 10 cars in a public lobby. A player sat in the middle of the first turn on the first lap, and then moved to the second turn waiting for the leaders on the second lap. spent the rest of the race sitting there sideways on the track trying to reverse or drive forward into any car coming out of turn 2. By lap 8 there were just 3 players still in the lobby as everyone else quit out of frustration. I led every lap and the second place car was quite a ways back, (he made contact with the guy on lap 4) and the guy that did the blocking, lap 10, end of race,and the blocker left.

SMS could you consider my option? Ghost all cars one lap down.

OpticalHercules
31-07-2015, 17:10
The rage racers is one thing, but the guy that sits in the middle of the track and waits for the leaders just to mess up their race???

A simple fix for this is once a car is a lap down it goes into Ghost mode and can not harm any other car.

This crap is happening more and more. Last night in a 10 lap race @ Road America we had 10 cars in a public lobby. A player sat in the middle of the first turn on the first lap, and then moved to the second turn waiting for the leaders on the second lap. spent the rest of the race sitting there sideways on the track trying to reverse or drive forward into any car coming out of turn 2. By lap 8 there were just 3 players still in the lobby as everyone else quit out of frustration. I led every lap and the second place car was quite a ways back, (he made contact with the guy on lap 4) and the guy that did the blocking, lap 10, end of race,and the blocker left.

SMS could you consider my option? Ghost all cars one lap down.

Ian Bell has said several weeks ago that ghosting to prevent this kind of thing is something that is being worked on. Been a while since I've heard any more about it though.

Braken99
31-07-2015, 22:10
I was playing on pc yesterday and 2 guys were intentionally crazhing into people a lap down. Daniel and Josh. Daniel waited for me a lap down and took me out into the wall with full damage on. Josh had damage to his car and was barely drivable but he kept going and took me out on anothsr track. Getting back on the track with 30 racers was a challenge witthout causing huge wreck.

Ghosting racers lap down would be great.

Dynomight Motorsports
31-07-2015, 23:37
I think it would fairly easy to code. It happens in Offline mode with the AI. I don't know how many times I've gone through a Chicane and the AI just plows through me like I'm a ghost. Also coming out of the pits the AI just Ghost right through you. Anytime you drop below 70% of the Race Pace you should ghost. Even a good racer coming back onto the track can't see the guys coming over the hill at 160mph.

ciderman9000000
01-08-2015, 00:00
There's too much snobbery when it comes to clean racing imo. Intentional wreckers notwithstanding, I'm sure most people try their best to race fairly, but that's just not always possible for two reasons: a) skill level doesn't always allow it, and b) most won't have an intimate knowledge of real world racing etiquette anyway.

a) Mistakes happen, and most often when a crash occurs I've found there's been no perception of malicious intent whatsoever. Not everyone is a pro sim race driver (in fact, the vast majority won't even be close) and so frequently during online races crashes will occur wholly in spite of either driver having zero intent of a collision.

b) The game itself doesn't enforce (or even indicate) any such rules governing racing etiquette which exist throughout motorsport in real life, so how can the average player be expected to instinctively know when to overtake, when to back off, when to block, when to acknowledge or even recognise a mistake and hand back position etc.?

The truth is that a huge majority of pCars players just won't have the skills and knowledge to avoid such mistakes the occurrences of which are so often moaned about, so, really, what's the point in going into public races and then moaning about the style of racing found there? If you're really so hung up upon finding the perfect racing buddies then put the bloody effort in and track down an organised group. Otherwise just shut up about it and stop being such a snob.

There are ways and means of coding the game to negate the effectiveness of wreckers; ghosting from a lap down being a fine example; but with regards to all the other perceived sleights which are in fact simply the result of people trying to get by and be competitive in a computer game, just deal with it or find a private lobby which can accommodate your strict requirements.

Umer Ahmad
01-08-2015, 00:29
hang on, the OP isn't complaining of the 'accidental' but honest mistakes.

We're talking about DELIBERATE ramming and targeting. Like this:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36100-Rammers&p=1068189&viewfull=1#post1068189

These guys will get ghosted soon so hang in there guys.

Fanatest
02-08-2015, 08:22
This place is ridiculous sometimes, Snobbery?

If anyone read my opening post and took away from it, that i WAS complaining about honest mistakes or accidents, then Please avoid me on track, IRL and on the forum.

If you think sitting on the start/finish half way through a race, ramming into people is an honest mistake...

If you think that a back marker (about to be lapped) letting me get up along side and then swerving into me or driving straight ahead to ensure I'm driven off track or into a wall, is an honest mistake...

If you think chucking it up the inside and ruining everyone's race at turn 1 it's an honest mistake...

If you think bashing your way to 1st is an honest mistake, and accident or genuine mistake...

Then avoid me on track please, as you are exactly the person I'm probably talking about :D

RTA nOsKiLlS
02-08-2015, 12:50
This place is ridiculous sometimes, Snobbery?

If anyone read my opening post and took away from it, that i WAS complaining about honest mistakes or accidents, then Please avoid me on track, IRL and on the forum.

If you think sitting on the start/finish half way through a race, ramming into people is an honest mistake...

If you think that a back marker (about to be lapped) letting me get up along side and then swerving into me or driving straight ahead to ensure I'm driven off track or into a wall, is an honest mistake...

If you think chucking it up the inside and ruining everyone's race at turn 1 it's an honest mistake...

If you think bashing your way to 1st is an honest mistake, and accident or genuine mistake...

Then avoid me on track please, as you are exactly the person I'm probably talking about :D

Excellent list! All or some of the above will turn me into an angry Pastor Maldonado. I wont be the one RAGE quitting.