PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone tell me there bored of it already

SENNABOY1
30-07-2015, 20:46
I was told by a mate at work today,who bought project cars no less than 3 weeks ago,has already got bored of it,no way,
Can't see how,while ime sat drinking a cup of tea every night after getting home from work ime already planning my evening races on project cars as if ime actually getting in that car to race,already had 2 superb races tonight at monza and imola which are my upmost favourite tracks,GT1 mclaren etc..ooooh yeah.
There is too much to sort out before even thinking of racing,bored never,
Getting the car hooked up,being in the right frame of mind,and just fulfilling every mans dream of driving this game,I just don't understand how anyone could get bored with such a thing,and he uses a wheel and hates FFB,young nippers of today,spoilt on GTA 5 and zombie killing games I expect,
Ime committed till the end,

Jezza819
30-07-2015, 21:45
I'm leaving town Saturday morning on an 8 day vacation and I'm going to really miss not being able to play for that long. And I'm still only doing the basic quick 10 lap races and the occasional time trial and community events. No career, no rain, no night racing and I'm still having a blast with this game. I'm far from being bored with it.

Seps1974
30-07-2015, 21:56
I'm leaving town Saturday morning on an 8 day vacation and I'm going to really miss not being able to play for that long.

That's why my X1 travels with me.

John Hargreaves
30-07-2015, 22:21
I've played this game almost every day for nearly four years and I'm still discovering new things.

flymar
30-07-2015, 22:30
how anyone could get bored with such a thing
Well... I don't think that's odd. There is not really any sense of "progress" in the game, just the joy of racing so if you really into the "ding" thing or next ladder step, or new car in garage, you might get bored pretty fast.
My problem is that because of pCARS I lost interest in every other racing games.;>

Dutchmountains
31-07-2015, 05:26
People who so soon getting bored are mostly the 3 lap race guys.
They flying through the game and forget to enjoy it.
I called them gamers.

We are simracers.

T0MMY
31-07-2015, 05:34
Some people buy racing games just to drive a few specific cars they liked, I have a friend bought it and got bored in 1 week because the race cars don't appeal to him and he is unwilling to try out the classics.

Psychomatrix
31-07-2015, 06:12
We can be happy that such guys buy the game. If only hardcore-racing-nerds buy this game than it will be less successful. Some people expect a gt clone.
But in project cars you must be your own motivator because everything is open from the begin. Lot of people don't play racinggames to work on their skills or because they love the cars. They want to been entertained and need a bonus system where you can unlock cars or liveries. Something like the crew or gt6.
For me is it enough to have a track and a car where I can fight for the best possible position. a 10 th place is sometimes like a victory in pc cars. When you have to reach victory s because you only then get the car, what you mostly want, theN you start running trough the game. So project cars give you from the beginning all and for some that's boring. But I like it more than like a little child leading trough a career where dev decide how you've to play.

NemethR
31-07-2015, 06:29
I don't understand it :D

I decided a few weeks ago, I want to compare the GT3 cars on 3 different racetracks, to see, what car suits me the best.
After the 2nd track (Donington & Zolder), I tought this is so much fun, so I included the GT4 cars int the test, and added 2 more tracks.
Then I discovered its a lot of fun, to do time trial runs with the cars (5 laps each, or until I get a decent lap), so I added every car in the game to the test, and added 5 more tracks to the test list :D

So now what I do, is, I run a 5 lap time trial, where I try to do the best lap possible (within track limits) with each car on default setup,
on 10 race tracks (like Zolder, Imola, Brands Hatch, Road America, Dubai, Bathurst, Spa, Nurburgring, Nordschleife, Le Mans), and I can tell you, each and every car is a different experience, and they are all so much fun to drive. (Also this way I learn the tracks better too.)

I also play Online, and Career, and no I don't get bored :D

Fanapryde
31-07-2015, 06:29
I don't play other games, have over 200 hrs of racing in ProjectCars, and I am not bored at all, like many of you I presume.
Even if I only do career and invitationals, no MP because I have no subscription on PS+ (planning to buy a decent game PC).

Is there something wrong with us ? :wink-new:

Psychomatrix
31-07-2015, 06:33
I don't play other games, have over 200 hrs of racing in ProjectCars, and I am not bored at all, like many of you I presume.
Is there something wrong with us ? :wink-new:

Same here....270 hours lol
...... is the something wrong with the others ;)

NemethR
31-07-2015, 07:03
Same here....270 hours lol
...... is the something wrong with the others ;)

318 :)

Slowsley
31-07-2015, 08:07
I was told by a mate at work today,who bought project cars no less than 3 weeks ago,has already got bored of it,no way,
Can't see how,while ime sat drinking a cup of tea every night after getting home from work ime already planning my evening races on project cars as if ime actually getting in that car to race,already had 2 superb races tonight at monza and imola which are my upmost favourite tracks,GT1 mclaren etc..ooooh yeah.
Getting the car hooked up,being in the right frame of mind,and just fulfilling every mans dream of driving this game,I just don't understand how anyone could get bored with such a thing,and he uses a wheel and hates FFB,young nippers of today,spoilt on GTA 5 and zombie killing games I expect,

I guess he's not getting past the friend's zone anytime soon. Haha

hitmanvega
31-07-2015, 08:12
Had game since release day , still haven't driven all the cars....much to do still...:cool:

Yorkie065
31-07-2015, 08:21
350+ hours, probably more around 400, been playing/ testing the game for 3 and half years, not bored and still have a lot of stuff to learn! There are a number of cars in the game and also a couple of tracks that I have probably done no more than 10 laps or so in. The thing that really sells it is the more endurance style racing. If you play just for the 5 lap races you're just going to burn yourself out. If you do long 1 hour+ races with strategy, and especially online, the feeling of achievement is immense at the end if you get a good result. Great to look back at the events of the race and see the change in conditions. Often forget that I started a race in the day to drive through the sunset and finish at night. Sometimes looks odd looking back at the recorded footage of that.

wraithsrike
31-07-2015, 08:26
If I'm honest I got bored of it to a certain degree a while back.

Career mode didn't hold my interest after I completed zero to hero and MP for me and my friends is a nightmare what with it crashing back to dash most times so we went back to Forza for our online fix, and time trails hold no interest for me without friends LBs so solo is my main play but without custom championships that's now wearing thin.

The game for the most part is great to play but does get stale quite quickly if you like a game with progression, I personally love the way the cars drive but the game in general is getting boring, I feel I'm ready to move on now, not a dig you understand just looking forward to something new something a little more fleshed out.

danowat
31-07-2015, 08:30
Bored?, how?

I get frustrated and shelve the game sometimes because of the way certain bugs affect the experience, but I can't see me getting bored for a long time

OperatorWay
31-07-2015, 08:38
How can anyone tell me there bored of it already?

How can anyone live on a planet with 7 billion other people & expect them all to have the same tastes & preferences?

John Hargreaves
31-07-2015, 09:18
If I'm honest I got bored of it to a certain degree a while back.

Career mode didn't hold my interest after I completed zero to hero and MP for me and my friends is a nightmare what with it crashing back to dash most times so we went back to Forza for our online fix, and time trails hold no interest for me without friends LBs so solo is my main play but without custom championships that's now wearing thin.

The game for the most part is great to play but does get stale quite quickly if you like a game with progression, I personally love the way the cars drive but the game in general is getting boring, I feel I'm ready to move on now, not a dig you understand just looking forward to something new something a little more fleshed out.

Fair enough mate, but don‘t drift too far away cos there‘s plenty of nice dlc in the pipeline.

Olijke Poffer
31-07-2015, 09:19

I don't know his age of course but the kids from today are spoiled of course. They need more input and the need for this input is growing faster and faster. 1 day with a new game and they're bored again.
In the early days of computer gaming I played the most simple games over and over again until I got blizzards on my fingers. I remember pitfall for example or even paceman. It never bored me at all. Even after months of playing.
My son is a whole different person with different needs. A couple of years ago I had more than enough games to keep me busy for the next 10 years, my son on the other hand, he was bored after a week. Played every single game for 10 minutes and decided it was not interesting enough.

So my guess is, they got bored very easily becaus there is so much new input every single day. Internet, movies, broadcast, games, all kinds of chat apps. Etc etc... If they do not get a new input or new experience they are bored in no time.
Playing outside with friends?? Are you crazy how dull can you be.. When I was at his age, I played so much outside my mother asked me at the dinner table my name and where I came from and who my parents are.. Lol..

#jumpinthecaranddrivesomemoreboringlapsonagreattrack.
Drive safe....

FA RACING 01
31-07-2015, 09:23
Just think you should drink less tea, it's known to cause excessive fatigue and might lead to less playtime. ;)

As for the game, I don't play PCars at the moment as aliens destroyed my TX wheel, but to be honest, I can't wait to return for TT's with new adjusted track limits.

danowat
31-07-2015, 09:28
Let's be honest, if it's a narrative or story driven experience you are after, you are going to get bored.

PCars is a bit of a sandbox, you essentially make your own adventures up, it's a bit like a flight sim in that respect, they give you a box of tools and it's up to you to come up with your own narrative.

At least that's my take on it.

KamyKaze1098
31-07-2015, 09:28
I don't understand it :D

I decided a few weeks ago, I want to compare the GT3 cars on 3 different racetracks, to see, what car suits me the best.
After the 2nd track (Donington & Zolder), I tought this is so much fun, so I included the GT4 cars int the test, and added 2 more tracks.
Then I discovered its a lot of fun, to do time trial runs with the cars (5 laps each, or until I get a decent lap), so I added every car in the game to the test, and added 5 more tracks to the test list :D

So now what I do, is, I run a 5 lap time trial, where I try to do the best lap possible (within track limits) with each car on default setup,
on 10 race tracks (like Zolder, Imola, Brands Hatch, Road America, Dubai, Bathurst, Spa, Nurburgring, Nordschleife, Le Mans), and I can tell you, each and every car is a different experience, and they are all so much fun to drive. (Also this way I learn the tracks better too.)

I also play Online, and Career, and no I don't get bored :D

You're doing it wrong. Only 5 laps eh?? :D

You need to do a lot more on each car :D

TAGS Battfink
31-07-2015, 09:42
I didnt do a single career race last week, just free practice.

For me its impossible to actually get bored of pcars, its a racing sim, i feel like racing i play pcars! ;)

KK78
31-07-2015, 10:29
I think it's called personal opinion, I find Halo immensely boring for example, yet others seem to love it. As someone else said, it hugely benefits us all that casuals and those who may get bored quickly buy the game too otherwise you may not have seen a sequel- yes, an inconvenient fact is that the casuals keep such games afloat in some cases or at least they send the game into the mega numbers sales wise.

Daveesaunders
31-07-2015, 11:33
I'd love to be involved in real life racing but I'm limited by time and money, with PCars I can race where I want in what I want with the only limitation being the tracks and cars which are supplied which are more than plenty, you'll most likely find the ones who hang around are those who would love to go racing but don't have the time or the money to do it. Those that are getting bored of it are likely to be those that chase achievements and just want to say they completed the game which I have never understood in sports games as there's normally always a follow on season.

My real want in PCars is the ability to create a custom championship I've started a career but I don't like some of the tracks that are set.

Umer Ahmad
31-07-2015, 12:05
I think it's called personal opinion, I find Halo immensely boring for example, yet others seem to love it. As someone else said, it hugely benefits us all that casuals and those who may get bored quickly buy the game too otherwise you may not have seen a sequel- yes, an inconvenient fact is that the casuals keep such games afloat in some cases or at least they send the game into the mega numbers sales wise.
Yes, I get bored of the Batman games. Just smash buttons and beat up the bad guys...the mechanics are boring to me.

Golf is also boring for me. Probably because I suck at it and do not have the time/commitment to become a better golf player. I know many people enjoy golf, even enjoy watching it on TV (zzZZZ!) but it's just not my sport.

jimmyb_84
31-07-2015, 12:05
Getting bored! how?

I've played this game nearly everyday since rease a
d I'm still haven't driven all the GT3 cars on every track, I haven't even sorted all baseline setups yet! I track all my times on a spreadsheet think I've only set around 40 lap times for GT3. As has been mentioned still have wet, night and endurance races to start.

I've done a couple of seasons in career but dip in and out of it, I have a huge testing plan list plus the spreadsheet for strategy I created still need to give that a solid test too (see signature) quite honestly I won't be buying another game for a very long time, I don't need to.

The possibilities are endless

KK78
31-07-2015, 12:07
Yes, I get bored of the Batman games. Just smash buttons and beat up the bad guys...the mechanics are boring to me.

Golf is also boring for me. Probably because I suck at it and do not have the time/commitment to become a better golf player. I know many people enjoy golf, even enjoy watching it on TV (zzZZZ!) but it's just not my sport.

Yeah Batman is another one I can't get into, its always dark, always raining, the Batmobile is awful and it's just bash buttons- opinions eh? :)

maurice-pascale
31-07-2015, 12:09
Well, i dont understand those people......for me my real first racing game was driveclub (i know arcade) bjt it was my first where i really played it for a long time and i was very happy with it....but then Pcars released and i special bought a t300 for it to have the a good intensiv feeling i can get there....this changed everything, you must know i am no car driver in real life and never had one, but after i played it, i never played driveclub again^^.....a absolute nice feeling, the FFB a blast! Tracks so nice different ones, cars are for me just O.K but i tryed to drive all cars in game for a long time to get a good feeling for each car......and i am still totally in this game! Play it everyday, sometimes just a few practice laps but this game gives me an awesome feeling how a car is like and for me it makes fun to just do like i drive a real car!
Just this little things hold me very hard at this game and dont let me go^^

ok i wish for more manufactures and other nice cars, but to say it, befor this game i hated almost all older cars and boring looking cars, but after this game project cars teached me to love those old cars!

this game is great and people which get bored that quick have just some problems and should not play games....

Umer Ahmad
31-07-2015, 12:22
Yeah Batman is another one I can't get into, its always dark, always raining, the Batmobile is awful and it's just bash buttons- opinions eh? :)
haha, do they ever have like a freak sunny day in Gotham? The city engineers must have designed some mega drainage systems for all that constant rain. ;)

Roger Prynne
31-07-2015, 12:36
Bored, I don't think so.....

Flaw3dGenius
31-07-2015, 12:46
Im finding the career is pretty boring and im not bothering with it...but racing single races and race night/league is still fun. Oddly with other racers though i can play them for 6 or 7 hours straight but with this game i struggle to reach 3 hours straight....most likely due to feeling your never progressing in the game.

What the game desperately needs is custom championships.

flymar
31-07-2015, 12:54
haha, do they ever have like a freak sunny day in Gotham? The city engineers must have designed some mega drainage systems for all that constant rain. ;) Yes, they went the medieval style with all those gargoyle drains so Batman can hang out there.:)

Photonmonkey
31-07-2015, 13:03
What keeps me hooked are the amazing physics/handling so every lap feels fresh, I spend most of my time in practice mode just lapping with different cars times of day weather etc. not enough hours in the day to get bored! I might even actually start the career properly one day, just don't feel any need to rush, happy to play in the PCARS sandbox until my thumbs bleed!

xautos
31-07-2015, 13:12

not everyone has the "racing gene" that keeps one glued to the chair, the steering wheel and pedals for hours on end forever trying to win races. i can see how one can get bored of this game, its basically a repetitive exercise of going around a track 5-80 odd times per race doing the same thing all the time.

but i have not had much of a chance to race recently, i dunno if i will in a few days from now, it would depend whats planned. but i love racing, ive been on and off sometimes over the years since the retirement from serious sim racing back at the end of f1c99-02 days. now im taking any chance i can to stick the steering wheel in place and pedals in position and driving these cars like i stole them.

John Hargreaves
31-07-2015, 15:58
ok i wish for more manufactures and other nice cars, but to say it, befor this game i hated almost all older cars and boring looking cars, but after this game project cars teached me to love those old cars!

Good point there, for me the reason the old cars are so good in pCars is that they have been done properly, so you can really feel their rawness and sheer power. In some games the older cars are depicted as just softer slower versions of all the others, but SMS have given each one its distinctive character and each one is designed with such love that they are fantastic to drive. The BMW 320, Capri, BMW M1, Ford MkIV, Lotus 49, all very different but so much fun to drive.

maurice-pascale
31-07-2015, 16:17
Good point there, for me the reason the old cars are so good in pCars is that they have been done properly, so you can really feel their rawness and sheer power. In some games the older cars are depicted as just softer slower versions of all the others, but SMS have given each one its distinctive character and each one is designed with such love that they are fantastic to drive. The BMW 320, Capri, BMW M1, Ford MkIV, Lotus 49, all very different but so much fun to drive.

Thats true.....i never thought this cars got so much power! And i must say, some of the older cars i can handle better then some new car's^ really not bad those old things!:)

Hengist
31-07-2015, 16:29
I bought the title (the word 'game' belittles this amazing simulation :)) on launch day and I've only driven 3 cars; Clio, Ginetta G40 and Ginetta G55. These 3 cars are enough to keep me from getting bored, nevermind the rest of the vehicles in the game.. err, I mean title.

Adolfus
31-07-2015, 17:33
Well... I don't think that's odd. There is not really any sense of "progress" in the game, just the joy of racing so if you really into the "ding" thing or next ladder step, or new car in garage, you might get bored pretty fast.
My problem is that because of pCARS I lost interest in every other racing games.;>

I think you hit the nail on the head. This game is for people who love to race. This is a game built for pure racing, not unlocking cars and they show that by allowing you acess to all the cars from the start. Bored, Never. I work all day just to get home and get into some good racing. Online or career.

Fong74
31-07-2015, 18:29
As many other things this really is a matter of taste.... If you expect to be taken by your hand and lead through a story or get all game functions explained in detail [caugh], you will not be very pleased by this (me, I also have difficulties in writing 'game' tbh) title. But if you are into exploring things by yourself, enjoying findings that are physically correct and make your eyes rub, asking yourself "did the guys also take this into account!? WTF!?", then pCars is the thing for you.

Obviously one has to be into racing in general to like pCars. The best FPS may have tons of accurate calculations of projectiles or a great demolition model etc. Thats not my place to be. I just dont play such games anymore (have been doing this a lot before fam and kids began to rule my world). That will be the take of many players out there concerning pCars. It just has to suit your liking, to hit the sweet spot of what you want to do with you (maybe scarce) free time.

For me thats clearly simulated racing. My love for games started in the 80s, arcades etc and moved on to simulations. Flight simulations at first. But I missed the competition there, so racing took over. Bought the first wheel you could ever buy for a PC form Thrustmaster (they built flight sticks n stuff like that back then mainly) and raced Indy500 with it. Had no clue of the tuning, but I sat there whole nights trying to figure out what certain options did and played around with them... So that sucked me into PC sim racing for years.

pCars gives me what I know from PCs for years on a console now. But with a big benefit: turn it on, race, turn it off. No fussing with drivers or Windows or whatsoever. I dont want to start a rant between console and PC fans. I have both at home and enjoy the benefits of both worlds. But in my spare time I just want to use the sim without any loss of time. So Im on PS4 for that and happy as can be.

So coming to an end, Im not bored at all with the title. First, I race online almost all the time with guys I know, like and respect. So that is a source of fun that is almost infinite. Second, the flaws that are currently present let us just scratch the surface of what will be possible in the future (endurance races, weather and day/night cycles, multi-class races etc etc), so we can look forward and be excited about the things to come. Third, the physical basis is great in pCars, including the FFb. Its a fresh, new title with lots of new approaches which have to mature. But the direction is clearly the right one for ppl who are into competitive racing and want to get better and better at it.

Keep it up SMS! There are enough ppl out there who love your work and surely are not bored with what you have achieved so far already. They might not be writing here in the forums, instead they are racing with big grins on their faces.

I feel the sudden urge to slip into my rig now... :cool:

CU on track guys. Keep racin'

Poulka
31-07-2015, 18:35
Bored, please sometimes in my down time I get a new idea I want to try in PC Cars. Right now I like doing quick weekend races in identical cars. Also I like taking the same cars and tracks, and run races at different times of the year to see the effects. Hard to get bored in this game a true sandbox experience .

maurice-pascale
01-08-2015, 09:06
Oh and another thing which maked the game awesome for me....

i watched last time "Top Gear" and there they tested the pagani zonda in time trail and all those things how good and fast it is. After this episode i started Pcars and put my notebook beside me, where i notice all lap times for each road car, so i started to make little time trial races, ones with the McLaren 12C, Audi R8, Mercedes SLS AMG and the ruf, to find out which one zot more power and drives the lap faster.
i also done it with the Pagani's, Lykan hypersport and the other hypercars on a special track for it........and it was a blast of fun 5o see which one is better in some points on the track and which one got better handling and is faster

i done that with the supercars on IMOLA and i find out that the Mclaren 12 c is 3 seconds quicker then the R8^^ was a nice fun and showed me how much fun it could be there!......just a little bit of fantasy and you can do great and fun things there :)

thanks TOP GEAR :P

Mr Akina
01-08-2015, 09:45
Im finding the career is pretty boring and im not bothering with it...but racing single races and race night/league is still fun. Oddly with other racers though i can play them for 6 or 7 hours straight but with this game i struggle to reach 3 hours straight....most likely due to feeling your never progressing in the game.

What the game desperately needs is custom championships.

With the lack of decent/stable multiplayer on the Xbox, the awful career mode is all I have. I'm hoping the career will get fixed and be given a makeover, but I doubt it'll be before FM6 is released - if ever. So I'm torn. I love the handling of PCARS, but that's not enough to make me want to spend any more money on DLC or pCARS2. Oh and the headaches caused by the flickering tree shadows also puts me off. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for a patch to improve it!

phusebox
01-08-2015, 14:36
I played pretty intensely the first 3 weeks but haven't played for the past 6 or so. Can't be bothered. Offline is boring as hell and online takes up too much time. An online session lasts about 4 hrs just to get one or two 30 min races that are decent.

SphereOfChaos
01-08-2015, 15:41
284 Hours and counting. :D