PDA

View Full Version : Does the Ford Focus have a tuning bug?

Linx
30-07-2015, 23:18
I was racing in Career mode and got the Focus It was my first time using a FWD car in this game. Tried numerous different tunes and they all held but the car drove like crap. Major understeer, while all the other cars of the same make were passing and driving a good line. This race was on Sonoma

madmax2069
30-07-2015, 23:40
Understeer is normal for a FWD car, very hard to tune out if its even possible for some FWD cars. You have to teach yourself to drive them differently then a RWD and AWD car.

Linx
30-07-2015, 23:52
Understeer is normal for a FWD car, very hard to tune out if its even possible for some FWD cars. You have to teach yourself to drive them differently then a RWD and AWD car.
Yes I'm aware of this. I just thought I remembered at some point reading that there is a bug with the Focus but don't know if that was someone's speculation or if it's confirmed. While knowing fwd has understeer I did everything I could. I'm not a master tuner but feel my tunes are decent enough to make a considerable change in the car. I usually play at 90% difficulty. But with the trouble I was having with this car I turned down to 80% and then 70%. I still was real slow in alot of turns compared to the other cars. Thinking it was my tune (tried several) I looked at some other people's tunes on the same car with not much improvement. I haven't had the chance to try other fwd cars yet .

Flihp
31-07-2015, 00:48
It's a Ford, it's a given that it is riddled with bugs. Give it a bit of time and your power windows and central locking will be stuffed too. :p

phil

Hengist
31-07-2015, 01:03
@ Linx, try the Clio as it's race spec. FWD rides are very dependent on good throttle control, especially lift-off oversteer when approaching an apex.

Im Sorry
31-07-2015, 01:06
Yes I'm aware of this. I just thought I remembered at some point reading that there is a bug with the Focus but don't know if that was someone's speculation or if it's confirmed. While knowing fwd has understeer I did everything I could. I'm not a master tuner but feel my tunes are decent enough to make a considerable change in the car. I usually play at 90% difficulty. But with the trouble I was having with this car I turned down to 80% and then 70%. I still was real slow in alot of turns compared to the other cars. Thinking it was my tune (tried several) I looked at some other people's tunes on the same car with not much improvement. I haven't had the chance to try other fwd cars yet .

It's not your tune.Its just crap to drive in this game!

Linx
31-07-2015, 05:34
Ok then let me ask this. Where should I focus more when tuning a FWD? Most of my sim Car tuning has been on Forza. Though my tunes have been working pretty good in Pcars, I'm still a bit unclear on the slow and fast bumps and dampers For example stiffening slow bump increases Oversteer while stiffening fast bump decreases Oversteer So why not Soften slow bump or if you need to decrease Oversteer. And then how do you know if you should adjust the front or rear? Just stuff like that I'm unclear on

pigsy
31-07-2015, 07:45
It's a Ford, it's a given that it is riddled with bugs. Give it a bit of time and your power windows and central locking will be stuffed too. :p

phil

Must be the reason there's no Holdens in this game.

Flihp
31-07-2015, 07:59
Must be the reason there's no Holdens in this game.

Lol yeah very likely,

NemethR
31-07-2015, 08:03
You need to adjust your driving style to a FWD car. The focus is actually a very nice car, once you learn how to drive it

DayGlow
31-07-2015, 08:07
With FWD I find trail braking before the apex is the key. FWD drivetrain pulls you vs pushing so being on throttle early in a corner will pull you through.

Also I try to move brake balance as far back to the rear as I can while still being stable let's you trail brake deeper into a corner by leasing the load on the front.

Hengist
31-07-2015, 09:09
With FWD I find trail braking before the apex is the key. FWD drivetrain pulls you vs pushing so being on throttle early in a corner will pull you through.

Also I try to move brake balance as far back to the rear as I can while still being stable let's you trail brake deeper into a corner by leasing the load on the front.

I use lift-off oversteer while approaching the apex, then torque steering for the exit. I find that this technique works well in sims and in real-life with FWD's.