PDA

View Full Version : Been addicted to the Clio cups....but just took the Formula rookie out.....

bodyshop
31-07-2015, 10:55
Wow..just wow. What a fine little bit of kit this car is. Wonderful to drive and had a great little race with AI also. Designed to be pretty forgiving as for young generation to get a foot hold into Motorsport and the game conveys that simplicity perfectly. Almost like an F1 one car from the 1950's but without the insane BHP. Lovely..new favorite.

Sankyo
31-07-2015, 10:56
Oh, I thought you took a Formula Rookie out with your Clio :p

Innerspace_HQ
31-07-2015, 13:02
It's a slippery slope.

Once you get used to the feel of the lower class open wheel you'll find yourself wanting more speed, more grip & more seat of your pants action.

RoccoTTS
31-07-2015, 16:01
I'm also a big fan of Formula Rookie, you get a great feel with this car.

John Hargreaves
31-07-2015, 16:01
Agreed, the Frookie is a great little car, and easy to miss due to its bigger brothers and sisters.

bodyshop
31-07-2015, 16:22
Being English and brought up with proper racing, none of this oval rubbish (he he) pretty much every grass roots racing event has those types of cars on the events list, those cars on English tracks and the feel is so, English. No American drifter shouting at us to "GO GO GO!!" and spouting trash talk...so refreshing......Last time we had this was ToCA race car driver. Perfect.

Fong74
31-07-2015, 16:40
The Formula Rookie is one of my favourite cars in pCars, too. You can feel the mechanical grip through the wheel very good imho, so its a great car for beginners, too. It teaches you to respect the racing line quite good. Seeing what the front tires do helps also.

This car at Oulton Park is a blast! One of my favourite combos so far :angel:

MacPhisto
31-07-2015, 17:20
Since Toca I always wanted these type of cars in a proper sim so when pCARS included them I was very happy.

bodyshop
31-07-2015, 18:45
Since Toca I always wanted these type of cars in a proper sim so when pCARS included them I was very happy.

For sure.....

As an aside, massive Super SIC fan here also, forever 58 in my heart.

OverHaased
31-07-2015, 19:29
Being English and brought up with proper racing, none of this oval rubbish (he he) pretty much every grass roots racing event has those types of cars on the events list, those cars on English tracks and the feel is so, English. No American drifter shouting at us to "GO GO GO!!" and spouting trash talk...so refreshing......Last time we had this was ToCA race car driver. Perfect.

Not all of us are kissing our cousins and running around in circles

Started out in Karts then moved up to formula vee then to Formula Ford.

Formula Vee

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0151/7819/files/000000010.jpg

This is a North American Formula Ford

http://cs-racing.co.uk/images/formula_ford.jpg

Dan77 DESTROYER
31-07-2015, 19:57
The Rookie Rocks, really fun drive and it's good to see others giving it some love :)

bodyshop
01-08-2015, 07:17
The Rookie Rocks, really fun drive and it's good to see others giving it some love :)

Well tried the Formula Gulf last night...... simply awesome!!

The Rookie drives like it does due to the fact the wheels stick out so much in relation to the 'body', theres no aero. So If i was driving that car in a game and it was like driving on ice then i'd think this was unrealistic.

The Formula gulf has loads of aero and again its on rails....

Thanks again for SMS for actually going "look sim drivers some of these cars with massive aero and slicks are actually pretty easy to drive...........think your good?....ok go take that RS500 cozzie out for a spin.....literally..."

I hate that in the past racing games tried to make racing cars seem impossible to drive.... they dont set put to make real racing cars undriveable...why should games?

Dan77 DESTROYER
01-08-2015, 13:41
Well tried the Formula Gulf last night...... simply awesome!!

The Rookie drives like it does due to the fact the wheels stick out so much in relation to the 'body', theres no aero. So If i was driving that car in a game and it was like driving on ice then i'd think this was unrealistic.

The Formula gulf has loads of aero and again its on rails....

Thanks again for SMS for actually going "look sim drivers some of these cars with massive aero and slicks are actually pretty easy to drive...........think your good?....ok go take that RS500 cozzie out for a spin.....literally..."

I hate that in the past racing games tried to make racing cars seem impossible to drive.... they dont set put to make real racing cars undriveable...why should games?

Agree the gulf is awesome to and have had some really close racing with both rookie and the gulf, last night was grinding out imola in the formula B man that thing has got some grip when you tune yourself into the car after a few laps :D

Higradez
02-08-2015, 22:35
Totally agree. I have completed 3 seasons in the clio and then decided to try and keep it real by stepping up to formula rookie. Absolutely love the feel of the car on the track. Changed AI to 100, no assists, no HUD and everything just seemed to fall into place. Completely refreshed my interest in the game.

Lagoa
03-08-2015, 12:46
Totally agree. I have completed 3 seasons in the clio and then decided to try and keep it real by stepping up to formula rookie. Absolutely love the feel of the car on the track. Changed AI to 100, no assists, no HUD and everything just seemed to fall into place. Completely refreshed my interest in the game.

I couldn't seem to enjoy the Clio so abonded the season... Maybe it's me, maybe it's due to the fact I entered the Clio cup after a FA season.. :P