PDA

View Full Version : Spa Francorchamps. The posts in turns.

SharpEyez
31-07-2015, 12:07
"I Posted this first on the pCars2 forum but people asked me to post it here as well so."

I'd wonder why there are posts in almost every corner. I know it's probably for corner cutting, but I haven't seen them in real life.
As for the rules I think the best option is: all 4 wheels over the line or 4/5th over the line = drive through penalty or stop and go.

It also makes it hard to really go for the apex, because there is a risk of hitting those posts and damage the aero of the car.

P.S. also notice the thickness and blurriness of the white lines sometimes, I haven't had that before patch 2.0/2.5..

See:

NemethR
31-07-2015, 14:24
I actually like them.

sagedavid
31-07-2015, 14:51
P.S. also notice the thickness and blurriness of the white lines sometimes, I haven't had that before patch 2.0/2.5..

Did you change something with "motion blur" in the graphic options?

Plato99
31-07-2015, 15:54
They sure look better than those creepy concrete school children.....

xautos
31-07-2015, 16:02
instant drive through for just cutting that corner past the straight? a 5 second penalty is enough and besides that, you cant drive the car at high speed over those humps anyways (just ahead on picture 1), thats what they are there for. however if there is always a drive through for cutting the track by 4/5ths past the white line every time? do you know how many drive through one can get stacked up during the races? it would be more wasting time in the pits then it would be racing, and if the devs did this and you had a few perfect races upto the point you slightly misjudged your braking and then got an instant drive through, then you did it again the next lap 4 times, equalling 4 drive throughs... why would you bother?

that makes no sense at all.

tigerpaw11
31-07-2015, 17:57
Is this only at spa? Only in TT?

SharpEyez
31-07-2015, 18:56
Did you change something with "motion blur" in the graphic options?

I believe it was on Low. Ill check again.

Is this only at spa? Only in TT?

No it's Spa in particular. But I'm annoyed by them, because IRL they aren't there either.

Pink_650S
31-07-2015, 19:23
They dont damage the aero, do they?

FoxMulder
31-07-2015, 19:27
Drivethrough penalty should be given after a couple cut track warnings during a race, or in a specific time frame (longer races). DQ after couple drivethroughs. How you can prevent someone from cutting the last corner of a race, therefore passing the opponent and winning the race (like last chicane at le mans) is very difficult though, maybe adding time there would be sufficient.

SharpEyez
31-07-2015, 19:30
They dont damage the aero, do they?

They do, and they might also damage the suspension. So both aero and suspension. But the fact that irl they ain't there either bothers me the most.

Why not implement better rules for track cutting? I mean stuff like 3/4 over the line is a penalty etc etc etc.

tigerpaw11
31-07-2015, 19:49
They do, and they might also damage the suspension. So both aero and suspension. But the fact that irl they ain't there either bothers me the most.

Why not implement better rules for track cutting? I mean stuff like 3/4 over the line is a penalty etc etc etc.

I'm with you, an implementation of the correct rules, and track boundarys, should be standard for a sim of this caliber ( i'm really enjoying this game).

These poles are a hazard when taking the corners in a legal way as well as in a racing situation when a slightest touch in an overtake situation could send a car into them. The open wheelers are especially delicate and would render some serious damage.

Mahjik
31-07-2015, 20:12

They aren't for track cutting so people should stop referencing track cut issues in this thread... It's never been officially explained why they are there. My assumptions are for possible reasons:

* Corner visual aid assisting
* Aid with speed immersion (i.e. the closer to the track things are whizzing by, the faster it makes things feel)
* Style (i.e. sometimes it's good to be able to see a video and know it's your game by your own 'style')

Anyway, they are likely not going to get removed so I would just ignore they are there....

SharpEyez
01-08-2015, 10:35
They aren't for track cutting so people should stop referencing track cut issues in this thread... It's never been officially explained why they are there. My assumptions are for possible reasons:

* Corner visual aid assisting
* Aid with speed immersion (i.e. the closer to the track things are whizzing by, the faster it makes things feel)
* Style (i.e. sometimes it's good to be able to see a video and know it's your game by your own 'style')

Anyway, they are likely not going to get removed so I would just ignore they are there....

I have no other option but to accept. No debate whatsoever. I'm just pointing it out to make the game get/look better.
My main reason for this topic was to point out, that they aren't there in real life. And my problem with them is that whenever I cut the corner too deep by accident, I get punished hard for it (i.e. Aero/Suspension damage). I'd rather get a time penalty for cutting it too deep by accident.
And not to mention that the AI always drives against the poles in a race.

But like I said, I posted this on the pCars2 forum and people asked me to bring it here so I did.
My main reason for putting it up on the pCars2 forum is because it'll be a new game with improvements and maybe when they read my post they'll remove the poles or think twice about placing them again..

Mahjik
01-08-2015, 12:18
But like I said, I posted this on the pCars2 forum and people asked me to bring it here so I did.
My main reason for putting it up on the pCars2 forum is because it'll be a new game with improvements and maybe when they read my post they'll remove the poles or think twice about placing them again..

It was brought up for pCARS1 as well (you really think no one involved with pCARS1 asked about them?). Again, there was never a mention on why they were specifically used but it's not for track cutting. As for the damage, the reason the damage happens is due to the "weight" given to the objects. If the weight is lowered then those objects blow over when cars the drive by (which is quite the funny sight). You might even be able to finds some early pCARS1 videos when that happened still online.

John Hargreaves
01-08-2015, 12:24
Best workaround is to start at the back; the AI knock them all over within a couple of laps anyway

SharpEyez
01-08-2015, 14:14
Best workaround is to start at the back; the AI knock them all over within a couple of laps anyway

Sad, but true haha :D