PDA

View Full Version : [Answered] Wind Rider Prizes?

WRT IVORBIGUN
31-07-2015, 16:12
Having obtained the number one time on the "Wind Rider" community challenge on Xbox One, I was wondering when I will hear what prize I have won. Apologies if im being hasty but the challenge did finish on Tues and so far I haven't heard anything.

MisterO
31-07-2015, 18:56
Who said that the first place wins anything? As far as I remember it always says "Compete in this challenge to win stuff" not "Be the first in this challenge to win stuff" :p

WRT IVORBIGUN
31-07-2015, 21:41
Who said that the first place wins anything? As far as I remember it always says "Compete in this challenge to win stuff" not "Be the first in this challenge to win stuff" :p
Simply because based on previous competitions I thought those who came first won a prize.

Thanks for your valuable input though!

Amphy
01-08-2015, 04:20
It apparently takes time. Took a week or so? Before Joni got contacted for the Wisconsin Retrospective.

Joni Varis
01-08-2015, 04:28
Yeah it took around week before was contacted & the price at wisconsin event was T3PA shifter.

WRT IVORBIGUN
01-08-2015, 09:29
Thanks for the replies as that is a relief to hear.

I have never won anything in my life, never even managed 3 numbers on the Lottery!

MisterO
01-08-2015, 10:46
Simply because based on previous competitions I thought those who came first won a prize.

Thanks for your valuable input though!

I was just joking (I tend to be silly at the end of the week) - congratulations for your win! :triumphant:

TRC GeorgiaDawg
01-08-2015, 20:26
Thanks for the replies as that is a relief to hear.

I have never won anything in my life, never even managed 3 numbers on the Lottery!

You only won because I couldn't be bothered 😜

Seriously, well done my friend.

Amphy
01-08-2015, 22:23
Yeah it took around week before was contacted & the price at wisconsin event was T3PA shifter.

I remember your previous words, so I'll say this. I won a mini PC from Codemasters for GRID Autosport, and I ended up forgetting the suite number on my address. I contacted them in just about every way and I never got answered. #thefeels

WRT IVORBIGUN
03-08-2015, 21:41
Still no word on a prize. I also sent Ian Bell a PM many days ago without reply. What also concerns me is I do not see the "Wind Rider" mentioned anywhere on the facebook events page.

ToOSk3tChY
04-08-2015, 15:01
I'm not sure you can message Ian Bell. His account is set up so that he doesn't receive private messages.

WRT IVORBIGUN
06-08-2015, 21:22
Well around 9 days have passed since the event and still no word. Would be nice if someone from SMS could explain!

Joni Varis
07-08-2015, 03:15
Dont think you will get any answer until next week. Atleast some of the staff is at Gamescom.

Andy Tudor
07-08-2015, 06:57
We are currently experiencing a bottleneck with prize allocation that we aim to have resolved today so please bear with us a little longer.

Not sure why the Facebook events aren't showing for some people, we'll take them down from Facebook until we can resolve the issue.

WRT IVORBIGUN
07-08-2015, 09:22
We are currently experiencing a bottleneck with prize allocation that we aim to have resolved today so please bear with us a little longer.

Okay thanks for getting back to me.

WRT IVORBIGUN
10-08-2015, 21:29
Still no news on prizes for this event. Starting to get a little impatient especially as you have updated the website with the Gamescom event winners. The Wind Rider event might not be as glamorous but its nearly 2 weeks since this event finished. Like I have said previously I put in alot of time and effort to get the No1 position on the Xbox One and I at least deserve to hear whether I have won a prize and what that exactly is.

bumpkin
12-08-2015, 21:59
Just another bug, there is no prize, like everything else about this game you have been suckerpunched!

Actually no, I take that back, your prize was the unceremonious dumping of your gamesave data because you dared to be faster than any of the fanboy teams, naughty boy!

choupolo
13-08-2015, 03:42
I understand where you're coming from Ivor (and other no1 guys from previous events), but it's not worth getting impatient over. It's free stuff at the end of the day! Feel lucky! ;)

Andy already commented. Something has obviously gone wrong.

I won a free track day once from a sim competition run by a different company and it took them months before they sorted it. I just let it happen when it happened.

bumpkin
27-08-2015, 14:33
So almost a month and no sign of this being progressed?

Should be sorted out today said Andy on the 7th, three weeks later........

Elmo
27-08-2015, 14:53
So almost a month and no sign of this being progressed?

Should be sorted out today said Andy on the 7th, three weeks later........

You haven't been forgotten. We still struggling to get them sourced, but Andy is on it.

All the winners will get their prizes.

bumpkin
27-08-2015, 18:18
Might be useful to actually keep in touch with the winners and actually keep them informed then, but thanks for the post!

WRT IVORBIGUN
27-08-2015, 22:08
You haven't been forgotten. We still struggling to get them sourced, but Andy is on it.

All the winners will get their prizes.
Thanks for the update.

I would love to know what exactly I have won for winning this event on the XB1.

GT-Club_Atho_
03-09-2015, 13:11
I don't know who is at fault but I hope that the gains will be quickly given because GMDLondon and IVORBIGUN have spent time and deserves the prize. SMS are very professional and I'm sure they take their time to get everything in order ;)

bumpkin
03-09-2015, 14:35
And there goes another week...........

Joni Varis
03-09-2015, 14:39
Well another week or few is nothing at this stage, have allready waited like 2 & half months :)

But seriously, SMS should of handled this much better.

MarioCart
06-09-2015, 10:51
Lucky people.

WRT IVORBIGUN
06-09-2015, 21:42
Nearly a month has passed since I last heard from SMS. Still no new info which is disappointing. What I don't understand is why cannot I even be informed as to what prize I have won. Even more irritating to see the photo above.

I continue to wait patiently but my patience is wearing thin!

MarioCart
07-09-2015, 01:11
Nearly a month has passed since I last heard from SMS. Still no new info which is disappointing. What I don't understand is why cannot I even be informed as to what prize I have won. Even more irritating to see the photo above.

I continue to wait patiently but my patience is wearing thin!

You can talk with one person about this, if you want.

Andy Tudor
07-09-2015, 12:25
I'm pleased to say that with this mornings post we are now in possession of the prizes - Thrustmaster TH8RS Shifters - and we can now distribute them to the winners.

Apologies for it taking so long, as mentioned before there was an unforeseen logistical bottleneck that we have since rectified so this should not occur again.

Thanks very much, and be sure to share your photos and thoughts on the prizes when you receive them (usually takes about a week for delivery) :D

MarioCart
07-09-2015, 14:03
I'm pleased to say that with this mornings post we are now in possession of the prizes - Thrustmaster TH8RS Shifters - and we can now distribute them to the winners.

Apologies for it taking so long, as mentioned before there was an unforeseen logistical bottleneck that we have since rectified so this should not occur again.

Thanks very much, and be sure to share your photos and thoughts on the prizes when you receive them (usually takes about a week for delivery) :D

Is this apply to the winners from Wisconsine Retrospective event to?

bumpkin
07-09-2015, 14:53
Thanks for the update, but is the TH8RS not for PC/PS? Thought the TH8A was the only XBOne compatible one?

MarioCart
07-09-2015, 20:56
Thanks for the update, but is the TH8RS not for PC/PS? Thought the TH8A was the only XBOne compatible one?

I find the TH8RS shifter is for PC and PS3, and TH8A is for PC, PS4, PS3 and Xbox1

bumpkin
07-09-2015, 21:13
That was what I thought, so is the winner of the XB one getting an 8A?

TrevorAustin
07-09-2015, 21:15
If anybody gets an RS that needs an A I'd be happy to swap, couldn't get an RS when I was looking for one so had to get the A. Works fine but the RS will be just as good.

MarioCart
07-09-2015, 21:29
If anybody gets an RS that needs an A I'd be happy to swap, couldn't get an RS when I was looking for one so had to get the A. Works fine but the RS will be just as good.

Have You try on ps4 or only pc? And what if the winner lives in Japan and you in Brazil?

WRT IVORBIGUN
07-09-2015, 21:39

Yes I have just googled the shifter and it is only compatible for PS3/PC.

Whilst I am grateful to discover the prize I do have a problem. I do not own a wheel as I won the prize using the Xbox One controller, My PC is so old it couldn't run Manic Miner let alone PCars, My PS3 packed in a few days ago and is now in bits as a DVD was stuck inside.

MarioCart
07-09-2015, 22:02
Yes I have just googled the shifter and it is only compatible for PS3/PC.

Whilst I am grateful to discover the prize I do have a problem. I do not own a wheel as I won the prize using the Xbox One controller, My PC is so old it couldn't run Manic Miner let alone PCars, My PS3 packed in a few days ago and is now in bits as a DVD was stuck inside.

So will you swap with the guy from Rio?

TrevorAustin
07-09-2015, 22:03
Have You try on ps4 or only pc? And what if the winner lives in Japan and you in Brazil?

no I only have PC, and pretty obviously that wouldn't work:) don't really get the point of your message, I was offering to do somebody a favour if they were interested, has zero effect on me at all. Have you won one then? Really don't get why you posted.

MarioCart
07-09-2015, 22:20
no I only have PC, and pretty obviously that wouldn't work:) don't really get the point of your message, I was offering to do somebody a favour if they were interested, has zero effect on me at all. Have you won one then? Really don't get why you posted.

If you live in Rio de Janeiro and the winner in Germany do you know how much would cost to ship TH8RS to you and pay the shipping cost for the TH8A from Brazil to Germany? Plus the time , plus maybe some tax. Its very nice from you anyway.

MarioCart
08-09-2015, 17:34
Awards were given when they were sweaty and tired, lucky people.

TrevorAustin
08-09-2015, 19:15
If you live in Rio de Janeiro and the winner in Germany do you know how much would cost to ship TH8RS to you and pay the shipping cost for the TH8A from Brazil to Germany? Plus the time , plus maybe some tax. Its very nice from you anyway.

its ok I'm a grown up, I'm allowed to make commercial decisions:)

MarioCart
08-09-2015, 19:24

do what you like, Im just saing that the shipping cost would be higher then the value of shifter

ADRLONDON
08-09-2015, 20:30
i just cant understand one think *where this shifter come from , when and way??? *If the Bavarian Legends prize was t300 . And how can you guys accept this?? *I never had played event without knowing the prize in front

Goods_1973
09-09-2015, 10:58
Giving a guy with no wheel, a shifter, is like giving a man a Bra for Christmas.

#whatthehellamisupposedtodowiththis.

MarioCart
09-09-2015, 11:27
Giving a guy with no wheel, a shifter, is like giving a man a Bra for Christmas.

Hi, are you one of the winners?

bumpkin
09-09-2015, 12:46

I know some guys who could be doing with a bra..........just sayin':barbershop_quartet_

Goods_1973
09-09-2015, 14:36
Mario, I'm always racing with Biggsy. We are pretty good chums.

Ivan_PlatinuM
09-09-2015, 18:14
Hello dear Community,
my N-Name is Ivan_platinum from Germany.
after a very long wait I have now decided to register me in the forum.
after I won the event Wind rider on PS4 I tried to take contact with Andy and slightlymadstudios.
but I could not get through and I was kind of in no fashion an award awarded.
Thanks to the networking and the composition of other competitors, I have learned that several players have received no awards.
according to the circumstances, I developed a defense against the team of project cars.
because I have invested a lot of time and patience. it was my favorite game to win my first event. after I stole wind rider, I was just disappointed. and have thus with the play of project cars stopped. Now I ended up going here for the truth by, but what I find here just sad. instead to eliminate this damage is aggravated. it does not mean for the players? It says rather for yourselves! This story deserves slowly popular attention to the diligent have been lied to.
One thing that I really care about. There are people like me who are excluded from Facebook! and at no price would I sign up for event information here.
I apologize for my spelling in advance
many greetings
ivan_platinum

ADRLONDON
09-09-2015, 19:04
Hello dear Community,
my N-Name is Ivan_platinum from Germany.
after a very long wait I have now decided to register me in the forum.
after I won the event Wind rider on PS4 I tried to take contact with Andy and slightlymadstudios.
but I could not get through and I was kind of in no fashion an award awarded.
Thanks to the networking and the composition of other competitors, I have learned that several players have received no awards.
according to the circumstances, I developed a defense against the team of project cars.
because I have invested a lot of time and patience. it was my favorite game to win my first event. after I stole wind rider, I was just disappointed. and have thus with the play of project cars stopped. Now I ended up going here for the truth by, but what I find here just sad. instead to eliminate this damage is aggravated. it does not mean for the players? It says rather for yourselves! This story deserves slowly popular attention to the diligent have been lied to.
One thing that I really care about. There are people like me who are excluded from Facebook! and at no price would I sign up for event information here.
I apologize for my spelling in advance
many greetings
ivan_platinum
there was no facebook details for wisconsine retrospective and wind rider to what prize it will be, *but I heard from my best friend GMDLONDON that thrustmaster was not aware of the events

MarioCart
09-09-2015, 21:21
there was no facebook details for wisconsine retrospective and wind rider to what prize it will be, *but I heard from my best friend GMDLONDON that thrustmaster was not aware of the events

So that way there was no FB details and no T300:rolleyes:

MarioCart
09-09-2015, 21:23

Looks like nothing to trade with Ivan PlatinuM at the moment ;-)

WRT IVORBIGUN
10-09-2015, 05:10
As Andy Tudor said the shifter takes a week for delivery I was expecting a message on here or Xbox live for my address details. So far I haven't recieved any message.

iKasbian
10-09-2015, 09:25
Jeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Could we ALL have a whip-round to buy IVORBIGMOANER a ruddy steering wheel!!!? :rolleyes:

MarioCart
10-09-2015, 10:19
Jeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Could we ALL have a whip-round to buy IVORBIGMOANER a ruddy steering wheel!!!? :rolleyes:

Im happy to support this idea but I think there more winners

Joni Varis ?
WRT IVORBIGUN?
Ivan_PlatinuM?
GMDLONDON?
any more winners?

WRT IVORBIGUN
10-09-2015, 12:32
Jeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Obviously you have no idea how much dedication is required to win won of these competitions because I have never seen your name on the leaderboards.

If you ever need any help to become quicker give me a shout.

iKasbian
10-09-2015, 13:29
Obviously you have no idea how much dedication is required to win won of these competitions because I have never seen your name on the leaderboards.

If you ever need any help to become quicker give me a shout.

^^^
And here we see the real reason to your thread, you need to change your name to IVORBIGHEAD ....

I even get a PM :-

"This is the 2nd time you have directed some hostility towards me on these forums and I have no idea why? Maybe its just down to envy!!"

:rolleyes:

Edit

"Im happy to support this idea but I think there more winners

Joni Varis ?
Ivan_PlatinuM?
GMDLONDON?
any more winners?"

Those guys are winners, not WIENERS !

WRT IVORBIGUN
10-09-2015, 21:39
Good idea I might change my gamertag!

Nothing wrong with being proud for winning a competition especially on such a long track when the laptime was nearly 7mins. I also cannot see what is wrong for asking about the prize.

Fabian Baumgarten
10-09-2015, 22:00
Joni Varis ?
Ivan_PlatinuM?
GMDLONDON?
any more winners?"

yep, here. got fastest time on PC at Windrider event
http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=23

TRCThrobbinhood
10-09-2015, 23:06
yep, here. got fastest time on PC at Windrider event
http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=23
I don't think as many people enter these competitions like they used to.
I think some of the drivers from Forza or Forza 2 would have beat the top times here.