PDA

View Full Version : Proper rotation on the steering wheel...

mcs1981
01-08-2015, 00:19
You will see me as a noob, I don't care but I play Project CARS for now with a controller. My steering wheel from PS3 is not supported for the PS4. What I find annoying (added to the list of all annoying things in Project CARS) is the wheel rotation from the driver in the cockpit view. This is so annoying that I've stopped playing the game in the cockpit view. Even Driveclub managed this right in their game... And why is it not a proper wheel rotation in Project CARS for people with a controller???

PTG Baby Cow
01-08-2015, 04:05
Did you try the steering smoothing?

mcs1981
01-08-2015, 21:45
Did you try the steering smoothing?

Yes. That does not fix the completely wrong rotation on the wheel. But I use the roof view now. Just funny that Driveclub made this perfect and not Project CARS who is supposed to be a sim xD LMAO!!

Azure Flare
02-08-2015, 01:05
Define "wrong".

Mind you, I have a CSW and the wheel in-game matches the movement on my wheel.

Redslayer
02-08-2015, 01:44
Go into the options and turn the driver and wheel off. Then you don't have to worry about it and can play from cockpit.

Its in Options and help --> Gameplay --> onscreen guides & display -- "Cockpit wheel/driver - off"

enjoy.

mcs1981
02-08-2015, 02:10
Define "wrong".

Mind you, I have a CSW and the wheel in-game matches the movement on my wheel.

Well, I play for now with a controller and that the wheel is turned 90 degrees max is not right. I know the rotation is getting right when using a wheel but I want the same movement on the wheel in the car when I'm using my controller like they were able to do with Driveclub. It looks stupid when the driver turns the wheel at 90 degrees max no matter how sharp the turn is.

Onikami
02-08-2015, 02:42
Try setting your Speed sensitivity low or 0%. Maybe what your seeing is the game trying to emulate the opposite for ce of the wheel when driving fast.

Or maybe you mean that the turn of the wheel is maxing out when in a sharp turn at high speed? Then if thats a problem turn your speed sensitivity higher so it will emulate the force or the driver fighting the wheel.

I don't know exactly whats wrong but Im also using a controller in motion sensor mode and it just feels right.

tgrey
02-08-2015, 03:21
You will see me as a noob, I don't care but I play Project CARS for now with a controller. My steering wheel from PS3 is not supported for the PS4. What I find annoying (added to the list of all annoying things in Project CARS) is the wheel rotation from the driver in the cockpit view. This is so annoying that I've stopped playing the game in the cockpit view. Even Driveclub managed this right in their game... And why is it not a proper wheel rotation in Project CARS for people with a controller???

Make sure you have your wheel set to the maximum rotation it can handle, then use the "wheel calibration" offered in pcars. After that, each car's steering wheel angle will match your wheel's *AND* it will be the appropriate steering angle for the car (formulas, gts, road cars etc all get different angles automatically!)

I didn't do this for a long time, and was constantly switching my wheel's setting to match... finally tried this, and it works perfect for me, I don't have to change anything anymore!

julesdennis
03-08-2015, 11:36
@tgrey
As he said he is using a controller (pad) and not a wheel and has problem with the "wheel rotation from the driver in the cockpit view".

tgrey
03-08-2015, 12:13
@tgrey
As he said he is using a controller (pad) and not a wheel and has problem with the "wheel rotation from the driver in the cockpit view".

Wow, I missed that, I think because other wheel users commented about their wheel matching the hands.

Ok... so that changes everything.

OP, what type of car are you in? The different types of cars in this game have differently reacting steering, just like in real life. A lot of open wheel cars are set so the wheel won't turn more than 90 in either direction. That's normal. If you switch to a typical road car, do you see a steering action more similar to what you're expecting?

hkraft300
03-08-2015, 12:57
Don't know what he's talking about. My driver in pCars is doing a nice and quick switch of the hands through tight turns (depends on which car).
Should see his hands in a blur when I got the old Merc Battleship fish tailing around the track ;)

mcs1981
03-08-2015, 20:55
I'm not gonna argue anymore besides that this game is so broken it's laughable xD I can play with my roof view.. Now, go ahead and give me bad rep points because I said something bad about this joke of a car game Mods xD

LordDRIFT
03-08-2015, 21:11
I'm not gonna argue anymore besides that this game is so broken it's laughable xD I can play with my roof view.. Now, go ahead and give me bad rep points because I said something bad about this joke of a car game Mods xD

Cant be that much of a joke if you are still playing and willing to find a workaround in order to do so. What does that say about you?

tgrey
03-08-2015, 21:27

From what I've seen so far, they don't give bad rep points for saying bad stuff about the game... they give bad rep points for acting like a self entitled jackass.

tgrey
03-08-2015, 21:33
Also, I don't think anyone was arguing with you... I know I wasn't. I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, and offered you a suggestion. You neither replied to it nor even acknowledged it... so I don't know how you expect us to help you fix your "broken game".

So I'll ask again... what specific car are you seeing this in so that we can try to recreate it? Might you be referring to the difference in steering angle between types of cars, like i mentioned open wheel classed cars normally don't turn the wheel further than 90, whereas a road car will usually turn much further.

mcs1981
04-08-2015, 22:58
Cant be that much of a joke if you are still playing and willing to find a workaround in order to do so. What does that say about you?

What it says about me?? It says that I'm tired of half ass finished games not giving me a good driving experience.. I've been through Forza, Gran Turismo and now Project CARS and none of those games deliver. I REALLY had high hopes for Project CARS. But it is a buggy mess... I'll play this until Assetto Corsa comes out. I might even play Project CARS longer if they can fix this game. I'm not hating on Project CARS, but it is way to many problems with it that needs solving. I just want a good car game.

mcs1981
04-08-2015, 23:03
From what I've seen so far, they don't give bad rep points for saying bad stuff about the game... they give bad rep points for acting like a self entitled jackass.

Go cry to your mom. I'm still allowed to have an opinion. That you fanboys of this game can't see that it's broken it's not my problem.

tgrey
04-08-2015, 23:17
Go cry to your mom. I'm still allowed to have an opinion. That you fanboys of this game can't see that it's broken it's not my problem.

That's pretty amusing, I wasn't the one whining here :P

mcs1981
04-08-2015, 23:37
That's pretty amusing, I wasn't the one whining here :P

Sorry.. :( But I just get frustrated... Now I had a whole race in multiplayer without sound on my Aston Martin GT3 for an example... That is not right... I just know there is so much potential in Project CARS.. If these shitty bugs dissapear this will be one hell of a game...

mcs1981
04-08-2015, 23:44
Also, I don't think anyone was arguing with you... I know I wasn't. I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, and offered you a suggestion. You neither replied to it nor even acknowledged it... so I don't know how you expect us to help you fix your "broken game".

So I'll ask again... what specific car are you seeing this in so that we can try to recreate it? Might you be referring to the difference in steering angle between types of cars, like i mentioned open wheel classed cars normally don't turn the wheel further than 90, whereas a road car will usually turn much further.

I just want the rotation on the wheel in any car to rotate like in real life even if we are playing on a controller. In hairpin turns you don't turn the wheel 45degrees like in Project CARS... You need full rotation... I just don't see why this is not implemented in this game when they managed it in DriveClub...

tgrey
04-08-2015, 23:58
Sorry.. :( But I just get frustrated... Now I had a whole race in multiplayer without sound on my Aston Martin GT3 for an example... That is not right... I just know there is so much potential in Project CARS.. If these shitty bugs dissapear this will be one hell of a game...

A friend of mine had his sound not work in a race qualifier today. When he pitted and came back out, the sound was working again. Maybe try that if it happens again.

I'll try playing with a controller for a little bit later and see what the wheel rotation is like on a few cars.

mcs1981
05-08-2015, 00:16
I will get a wheel later for sure.. It just sucks that I cant use my wheel from PS3... That sound issue is annoying as hell when you drive with a manual transmission xD Good luck :)

hkraft300
05-08-2015, 07:03
My pCars doesn't seem to be so broken and I've logged more hours since release than most. A lot of complaints about "bugs" are the way it's meant to be (eg lack of gearbox adjustability in Gt3 cars or having bad settings or difficult menu design). Problems I've faced are already acknowledged by SMS and in the process of being fixed, if not already been fixed in the few big patches we've had.
I have heard the download version on Ps4 is a little more problematic than the hard copy.

Consoles have seriously lacked in decent racing game because there's so much emphasis on graphics, and PCs are just better equipped to handle the level of realism I have wanted for a long time. I really can't ask much more of SMS with what they've delivered in pCars. Sure call me a fanboy but I'll gladly be so.

Liquid7394
06-08-2015, 13:52
It sounds like the OP is unhappy that all cars have the same wheel rotation when using a controller, whereas Driveclub has full wheel rotation whether you're using a controller or wheel. It's pretty pointless to compare the two games since they're different types of racers with different developers and budgets.

My pCars doesn't seem to be so broken and I've logged more hours since release than most. A lot of complaints about "bugs" are the way it's meant to be (eg lack of gearbox adjustability in Gt3 cars or having bad settings or difficult menu design). Problems I've faced are already acknowledged by SMS and in the process of being fixed, if not already been fixed in the few big patches we've had.
I have heard the download version on Ps4 is a little more problematic than the hard copy.

Consoles have seriously lacked in decent racing game because there's so much emphasis on graphics, and PCs are just better equipped to handle the level of realism I have wanted for a long time. I really can't ask much more of SMS with what they've delivered in pCars. Sure call me a fanboy but I'll gladly be so.
Just stop with the damage control. The game does have major bugs, whether you've encountered them or not is irrelevant, just be grateful you're having a good experience because a lot of people aren't. As for consoles lacking decent racing games, that's purely subjective, don't try and pass it off as a fact.

The Sonic Mole
06-08-2015, 14:39
I've been trying to get my head around steering ratio and calibration on my T300. This is all very new to me so please excuse my ignorance.

Here's what I've been doing...

1) Calibrate the wheel following the in-game instructions - correctly as far as I know

2) I start driving and my hands are rotating the wheel much more than the on-screen driver is rotating his.

3) I fix this by dropping the T300's steering ratio to 360 degrees using the wheel itself.

Now, do I really need to be doing point 3? Am I, in sheer stupidity, missing a vital step in setting the wheel up?*

*Please be gentle.

TrevorAustin
06-08-2015, 14:47
I've been trying to get my head around steering ratio and calibration on my T300. This is all very new to me so please excuse my ignorance.

1) Calibrate the wheel following the in-game instructions - correctly as far as I know

2) I start driving and my hands are rotating the wheel much more than the on-screen driver is rotating his.

3) I fix this by dropping the T300's steering ratio to 360 degrees using the wheel itself.

Now, do I really need to be doing point 3? Am I, in sheer stupidity, missing a vital step in setting the wheel up?*

*Please be gentle.

You shouldn't need to be no, unless there is something wrong with how the PS4 is sending the soft lock to the wheel? As that is now 2 PS4 users indicating the same problem.

On PC the process is identical to above, but no step 3, the game does that. SO the game sends a soft lock to the wheel to match the in game cars rotation. This just might be a PS4 or even PS4/T300 wheel only problem.

On

The Sonic Mole
06-08-2015, 14:51
You shouldn't need to be know, unless there is something wrong with how the PS4 is sending the soft lock to the wheel? As that is now 2 PS4 users indicating the same problem.

On PC the process is identical to above, but no step 3, the game does that. SO the game sends a soft lock to the wheel to match the in game cars rotation. This just might be a PS4 or even PS4/T300 wheel only problem.

On

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for people with the same issue.

tgrey
06-08-2015, 14:56

*Please be gentle.

I'm a t300/ps4 user... yes, you're missing a step. Set your wheel to the full rotation amount (1080) first, and then do the in game calibration of the wheel. After that your steering angle should automatically be adjusted to match each car you drive. When I drive a formula car, I barely need to turn the wheel... and road cars have a full 900+ based on whatever they'd have in real life.

The Sonic Mole
06-08-2015, 15:03
I'm a t300/ps4 user... yes, you're missing a step. Set your wheel to the full rotation amount (1080) first, and then do the in game calibration of the wheel. After that your steering angle should automatically be adjusted to match each car you drive. When I drive a formula car, I barely need to turn the wheel... and road cars have a full 900+ based on whatever they'd have in real life.

Thanks. I'll give this a go.

Liquid7394
06-08-2015, 16:22
Thanks. I'll give this a go.
Are you sure you're calibrating the wheel properly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFIRQKHBYc4

Fight-Test
06-08-2015, 17:53
I thought pcars said to use the t300 at 900 and not to adjust the ratio on wheel itself but in the game?

hkraft300
07-08-2015, 00:44
It sounds like the OP is unhappy that all cars have the same wheel rotation when using a controller, whereas Driveclub has full wheel rotation whether you're using a controller or wheel. It's pretty pointless to compare the two games since they're different types of racers with different developers and budgets.

Just stop with the damage control. The game does have major bugs, whether you've encountered them or not is irrelevant, just be grateful you're having a good experience because a lot of people aren't. As for consoles lacking decent racing games, that's purely subjective, don't try and pass it off as a fact.

Subjective? Yes. Fact? Name another car racing simulation on consoles - Theres nothing on pCars level of handling physics, realism etc.
Drive club he says... Lol
What damage control - I don't bitch and moan about problems because a)that's the way it's meant to be or b) problem is acknowledged/fixed/being worked on by devs.
I am grateful I'm having an awesome experience on pCars, bugs included because at worst they go away with a restart.

The Sonic Mole
10-08-2015, 12:33
Are you sure you're calibrating the wheel properly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFIRQKHBYc4

Tried this at the weekend. All sorted. Thanks for linking to it.