PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Matchmaking

MR o ONEPINCH x
01-08-2015, 09:13
Really want to be joining lobbies instantly with full or near full players but never happens :( like 4/5 people tops. Takes forever for people to join. Its quite sad really this is 2015 and matchmaking is this poor and slow. :( love the game dont get me wrong its just so frustrating. Its as if there is no population attempting to play online. I really hope this is fixed asap. Getting to grips with game now and just wanna race other players and not AI ! Great job on patches so far SMS. Althought its still not near to where it should be. Please patch because im hooked but at same time disappointed.

Megalomanic87
01-08-2015, 09:33
I think they are working on an improved matchmaking system where you can see a list of lobbies along with information (track, duration, weather etc).

Hopefully see it in the upcoming patch.

Rockefelluh
01-08-2015, 12:38
There are multiple recent threads about this already.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35756-Muliplayer-not-as-good-as-it-could-be

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36031-My-Bentley-GT3-has-disappeared-any-thoughts&p=1067487#post1067487

bisco
01-08-2015, 15:08
Yeah, that's why I haven't played the game in at least a week. It seems like multiplayer was overlooked.

OpticalHercules
01-08-2015, 16:37
It wasn't overlooked. According to Alexandru, the system they created and successfully tested in house to match players for multiplayer did not work when released to the world. That system is being replaced with a lobby browsing system allowing you to chose your session instead of being assigned one.

This sort of thing happens all the time where the real world doesn't match test environments. It will be worked out. Until then, find yourself a group of people to play with. There are many great groups out there, and not all of them are heavily structured leagues playing on a schedule. Even after this new multiplayer system is released, playing in pre-built lobbies will almost certainly work better than not being in a premade group. That's just a fact of multiplayer gaming and not limited to just PCars. It should still be a significant improvement, and one I look forward to trying asap!

DECATUR PLAYA
02-08-2015, 03:05
It wasn't overlooked. According to Alexandru, the system they created and successfully tested in house to match players for multiplayer did not work when released to the world. That system is being replaced with a lobby browsing system allowing you to chose your session instead of being assigned one.

This sort of thing happens all the time where the real world doesn't match test environments. It will be worked out. Until then, find yourself a group of people to play with. There are many great groups out there, and not all of them are heavily structured leagues playing on a schedule. Even after this new multiplayer system is released, playing in pre-built lobbies will almost certainly work better than not being in a premade group. That's just a fact of multiplayer gaming and not limited to just PCars. It should still be a significant improvement, and one I look forward to trying asap!

It can't be said any better than this. Great post. I'm going to tell you what's going to happen in the future after we get the server browser and game chat working better. Your going to go into rooms via the browser. Some guys rooms will be better than other guys rooms. After racing in the good guys rooms you will become heavily addicted to the good racing in those rooms and develop friendships. You will no longer want to race with wrecker and idiots. Regardless of what style you like to race. Yes you will be able to jump into the quick race and get your jolly off, but you will often find these rooms hit or miss. They will often not match the racing done with in your group of friends when yall race. I have a group of about 16 friends 10 really hardcore. I have sent out over 70 friend request just in relation to project cars. I never have a problem getting into race and have raced just about every night since the games release. Sometimes with just 2 or 3 buddys on we put together full or close to full public lobbies nightly. Even with crap match as it's been called here.

Xbox has a excellent friending system. You don't have to get to know these guys families you just send a friend request. The cool thing about xbox is when you send a guy a request he doesnt have to accept to show on your friends list. So you don't even have to get to know the guy or girl just friend them. I have my own server browser that grows daily.

The paradox here is that even after everything is fixed that your best racing is going to be done with friends and what you will realize is that all you did by waiting on the browser is miss out on 2 and a half months of great racing.

I don't play single player barely know what it looks like. All I play is multiplayer and I play every night.

o Mike V o
02-08-2015, 16:11
Currently, matchmaking across all xbox games is horrible. We will probably have to wait for the Xbox patch in the fall before anything gets done regarding PCars.

Umer Ahmad
02-08-2015, 16:15
I will also mention that there sre some noticeable bug fixes in PC patch2.5 that ou will appreciate in console patch3.0

Specifically i am talking about the "locked drive" button. I have not encountered this issue anymore since pc-only patch2.5