PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty wrong ?

wraithsrike
01-08-2015, 11:46
Guys im trying to do the BAC momo invite and no matter what difficulty I have it set at im being left standing.

Ive not played since the release of 2.0 until now so im wondering whats happened ? Ive always played at D80 which is what I started the momo's invite at but found I was being left for dead so I dropped down to 70 but it made no odds so I dropped right down to 40 but it still didn't make any difference im out powered in a straight line and destroyed in the bends its as if my difficulty is set and 100 plus all the time.

Foot note

I think im going to wait until the next patch and if that doesn't fix certain things im going to trade in as a deposit on a different title , we have three copies of Pcars at our house and none are being played now as we can't even play online because it just crashes back to home screen, I so wanted to love this game but ive become so disillusioned with it im now thinking the money of the 3 copies would be better put else where.

John Hargreaves
01-08-2015, 12:37
Could you recreate the exact same conditions in quick race to see if it is any different? like you say, it could be an ‘AI stuck at 100%‘ bug that hasn‘t been discovered yet.

wraithsrike
01-08-2015, 12:41
Could you recreate the exact same conditions in quick race to see if it is any different? like you say, it could be an ‘AI stuck at 100%‘ bug that hasn‘t beeb discovered yet.

Im going to try later this afternoon and will report back.

Sloskimo
01-08-2015, 13:26
Did you put on the supersoft tires? It makes a huge difference.

wraithsrike
01-08-2015, 14:59
Ok ive just set up my own solo weekend BAC momo oulton park D50 and they blew me away , there is no way my car has the power or grip that the AI have , I tried again with the GT3 and Capris and annillated them, there is clearly something wrong here the difficulties are all over the place.

Sloskimo
01-08-2015, 15:21
Maybe it's an xbox specific bug? am on pc myself, just setup a 5 lap race on oulton, d80, clear conditions, 5 laps, started 26th, ended 2nd, running default setup but with the supersoft tires. Anybody on an xbox care to run this?

John Hargreaves
01-08-2015, 15:22
I just did a quick test for you to compare AI times. This is on 65% AI strength, 12 lap race at Oulton, 19 AI, all in Monos.

I started at the back and made up seven places in the first couple of laps, but looking at those times I would have maybe struggled to get past midfield at the pace I was doing there. How does this compare to what you are experiencing?

Edit: by lap 8 I'd put in a 1:45.2, the best AI was 1:44.8 and the top 4 were still faster than me. By lap 12 I was doing 1:44.2, fastest AI down to 1:44.4

wraithsrike
01-08-2015, 19:24
My AI at 50% are putting in qualifying times of 1:41 being the fastest, my best was 1:43 .6 which had me in 17th place but in race I couldn't get near them even of the line they just left my behind.

baz00ka
01-08-2015, 21:16
change the default tyres the game has for bac mono, huge difference with proper tyres (forgot the name). some ai will still have you on straights (with whatever they drive) but you would be more than competitive in corners on proper tyres.

TheReaper GT
01-08-2015, 21:23
zero accell dif helps a lot too..

John Hargreaves
01-08-2015, 21:49
My AI at 50% are putting in qualifying times of 1:41 being the fastest, my best was 1:43 .6 which had me in 17th place but in race I couldn't get near them even of the line they just left my behind.

So if the Xbox AI are putting in 1:41s on 50% and the PC AI are putting in 1:44s at 65% then that doesn't quite add up. I can't see that any amount of fiddling with diffs making any difference to the AI. I'll run the whole thing again with qualifying tomorrow to compare, then if it's still so far off then maybe Doug needs to know about it. I'll try different combinations of tyre and see what happens.

malcster
01-08-2015, 22:12
i have a similar issue but with the clio cup
i cant qualify higher than say 10th -12th

after a 16 lap race i'm putting i quicker laps than the AI but i cant catch them usually only gaining 1-2 positions
on race 2 mandatory pits i pit early to try and stay out longer but i end up 20th after pit and can only climb through to 15th plus

ai is set to 70%

321Respawn
01-08-2015, 22:49
Ok here are my results on pc for comparison .This is my first time ever driving the BAC Mono .I set up 66% AI with only ABS on and some very small adjustment to ride height and bump stop .Driving on tyres Automatic by weather with one hot lap before ending session .My tyre temps were 69 degrees after the out lap and end of hot lap .
Next I ran the same race with tyres set on prime but thanks to an off road excursion I stuffed it up a bit and finished 2 secs slower so I did not bother taking a screen of that time seeing as the AI still posted similar times as before .
Below are my results using the Soft tyre option and the end of my hot lap done the same way as before had temps of 78 degrees .

stangnutlx
02-08-2015, 00:36
Can we get a slider for the difficulty that goes higher than 100%?

TheReaper GT
02-08-2015, 00:42
Can we get a slider for the difficulty that goes higher than 100%?

Very helpful

wraithsrike
02-08-2015, 07:54
Ok here are my results on pc for comparison .This is my first time ever driving the BAC Mono .I set up 66% AI with only ABS on and some very small adjustment to ride height and bump stop .Driving on tyres Automatic by weather with one hot lap before ending session .My tyre temps were 69 degrees after the out lap and end of hot lap .
Next I ran the same race with tyres set on prime but thanks to an off road excursion I stuffed it up a bit and finished 2 secs slower so I did not bother taking a screen of that time seeing as the AI still posted similar times as before .
Below are my results using the Soft tyre option and the end of my hot lap done the same way as before had temps of 78 degrees .

well done fella 141 is in my book a good time, I will try with different tyre options in a bit at the moment im just running with auto as I never know what the weather is going to do.