PDA

View Full Version : DRIVER BLACKLIST

Motorhead Racer
01-08-2015, 13:33
Enough is Enough, we need a list we can all see.

But there has to be rules here, we can't just go naming and shaming any old fool, this is purely for intel, I want to see if other people are having the same issues with the same people...

The biggest rule and to be honest the only real rule I can think of at the moment, is that I am NOT looking for people who are just nudging, or what could be considered a mistake, I am looking for full on ramming, parking on the track to block the racing line, and even moving while on this block attempt to make sure you get a hit, wrong way driving, Im talking about the EXTREMES.

Please note it is important to have evidence, any post that names someone without evidence will be considered to be removed, if you have someone you wonder if anyone has issues with, that is fine but must be made clear in the post that you are NOT accusing someone.

If you happen to see your own name here and wish to defend it, you can do so, but keep it civil!

MrFlibble81
01-08-2015, 14:20
Just an FYI, they don't take kindly to naming and shaming around these parts.

TrevorAustin
01-08-2015, 14:42
And you're discriminating against amd

Ramshackle
01-08-2015, 15:29
I feel your frustration, but this just won't work. Even if you managed to gather the names of a bunch of common culprits, what then? Avoid lobbies where you see them? You'd never get to race.

It's such a shame that people who want to enjoy this game online are left desperately trying to find their own solutions for race wreckers. But it's understandable, since SMS seem to be willfully ignoring the constant complaints about the destruction derby nature of multiplayer.

NutsMammoth
01-08-2015, 16:22
Tools for the Dedicated Server software like PCDSG has whitelist/blacklist support:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31634-Project-Cars-Dedicated-Server-GUI-Launcher-with-%93live-timing%93-(results-timetable)

MXR SMILER
01-08-2015, 16:36
I get the feeling that things seem to have calmed a little bit as I really haven't been MONSTERED BY EEJITS nearly as often in recent races. I have however met lots more drivers without comms who will allow others to pass in quali etc. In a thread I wrongly damaged (or may have) someones rep by naming and shaming (sort of ) and regret my action. There are, as I learned many other less judgemental and fair ways of rewarding good driving and penalising those who fail to drive with proper care and respect. Blacklisting and shaming - it just feels wrong. (To me anyway). Just hope I don't get put on your list by someone who thinks I rammed them when all that happened was down to lag - for instance - or my batteries ran out etc.....

Motorhead Racer
02-08-2015, 07:20
I think maybe what has happened is that here in the UK, and maybe other european parts, the schools have broken up for th esummer, so you got a increase of idiots right now

MXR SMILER
02-08-2015, 10:38
I think maybe what has happened is that here in the UK, and maybe other european parts, the schools have broken up for th esummer, so you got a increase of idiots right now
Did you have a look in the forum for subjects similar to your OP 'cause if you didn't you have missed the posts discussing exactly the issues you refer to .....

RTA nOsKiLlS
02-08-2015, 12:29
YouTube is the best place to name and shame idiots. You can say what you like, If you would say it in person, then its good for YouTube.

Motorhead Racer
02-08-2015, 19:27
today had some dude who felt it was ok, to go waaay wide to get a better run at the straight
Dubai track, claims its just a wide line but he goes way off the track and onto run off area, surely this is not meant to be legal?

Stevesixty7
02-08-2015, 19:38
What I don't understand is why anyone would buy this great game, and then be a total arse with it. You would think that everyone buying it would have the same mind set/intentions? Obviously not. I just don't get these people at all.

MXR SMILER
02-08-2015, 19:43
today had some dude who felt it was ok, to go waaay wide to get a better run at the straight
Dubai track, claims its just a wide line but he goes way off the track and onto run off area, surely this is not meant to be legal?
That's a question that many would like to know the 'answer' to. I personally object to using the run offs but they are there - try getting a top time clean ( two wheels inside white line generally). Lots of posts on other threads about this.....

Stevesixty7
02-08-2015, 19:53
That's a question that many would like to know the 'answer' to. I personally object to using the run offs but they are there - try getting a top time clean ( two wheels inside white line generally). Lots of posts on other threads about this.....

Sometimes running wide can cost you time rather than gain it. In those instances I don't have a problem, It's when time is gained is when it's a problem and should be penalised.