PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT3 when in PCAR?

leon1772
01-08-2015, 14:45
Hi,

I saw an article saying that Assetto Corsa had obtained the license for the next merces amg gt3 . So I post here in the hope that ian bell reads this message . I really would like that future DLC be rich in new cars (for exemple new mercedes amg gt3 like or future M6 gt3 or c7 -r ,new dtm... ) , because if these new reserves for SMS PCARS2 lot of my gaming community will look precisely at Assetto Corsa (already it is diffcult to keep players with many bugs ).

SharpEyez
01-08-2015, 15:03
Would be nice to indeed see some new cars being added to the game.

That Mercedes amg gt3 looks hella sexy!

Psychomatrix
01-08-2015, 15:12
Nobody knows how the bmw m6 and amg gt are performing In real race conditions at the moment.

Linus27
01-08-2015, 15:28
Please, no more German cars until we get some Japanese cars.

t0daY
01-08-2015, 15:29
Please, no more German cars until we get some Japanese cars.

Totally agree :D I want so badly the Nissan GT3 car *_*

CCM
01-08-2015, 15:30
You all don't need anymore road cars we need oval cars I mean all this talk about road cars this road cars that when there is not 1 oval car or track in the game, this proves my point that this should of been marketed as a road game. Oh wait the outdated stock car.

SharpEyez
01-08-2015, 15:31
Nobody knows how the bmw m6 and amg gt are performing In real race conditions at the moment.

It's not about how they perform, and if it's known or not.
It's about getting the license for the new GT3 cars.

IMO a complete GT3 series is a must thus including all GT3 license, especially if you see how many people race in GT3 cars.
I myself am a huge fan of the GT3 series.

SharpEyez
01-08-2015, 15:32
You all don't need anymore road cars we need oval cars I mean all this talk about road cars this road cars that when there is not 1 oval car or track in the game, this proves my point that this should of been marketed as a road game. Oh wait the outdated stock car.

Go play Nascar 2015?

Honestly, we have wishes, you have wishes, everybody has wishes. Why should we throw this one overboard? Because there aren't any oval cars yet?

jack1984
01-08-2015, 15:40

Since when is a GT3 car a road car?

moeder_theresa
01-08-2015, 16:20

No ovals please. Thats sooooooooo boring. :(

maurice-pascale
01-08-2015, 16:24
Its bad that assetto corsa got absolute ALL cars which are on the "car" wish list here for Pcars......i just hope the licenses for all the cars like the new GT3 and corvette, ferrari and i also hope for the Nissan's, come to Pcars 1
but till they get there way into the game, i think assetto corsa gets released ror PS4......i will buy the game, but just because i want to know how all this great cars feel at a simulator

please bring all this nice cars into Pcars

barmydoughnut
01-08-2015, 17:00
I don't think it matters what cars are going to or not gonna be included in this game as there are always going to be other cars that people want. There are never going to be able to include cars that everyone is happy so Im not all that bothered what cars are introduced as long as they continue to be at the same standard that the rest are. If you want to drive the cars that will be in assetto corsa then play that game when it comes out. I don't see why they should include the same cars in that game as it will just be the same so I can see why they do it.

TrevorAustin
01-08-2015, 17:07

I won't use ovals or nascar if they come, but didn't care because i already have loads of great content. However, just for you i do hope they never come:)

FoxMulder
01-08-2015, 17:17
I'd appreciate some oval tracks and nascar style racing, sometimes I have problems to fall asleep and ovals would def help in that respect.

Lawndarts
01-08-2015, 17:31

You plug in the data points into the dev's car creation tool, like a virtual car building with hundreds of values for tires, engines, suspension, aero, weight, etc. this is how every car starts. Once you have that base, you start building a setup witching the parameters of the real cars adjustments. Test dozens of times in the game for "feel".

That's about how every car starts in a sim. The part missing that your referencing is the driver feedback based on the nuances of how the car feels despite the data points, but this step is always subjective.

Developers almost never get to drive these cars them self unless they have a licensed racer on staff with deep enough pockets to "rent" time from the team or who runs a pro/am race with a team who happens to run a certain car... Oh, and who also just happens to be a physics programmer/designer... Basicly a unicorn...

In real racing a driver really needs to be technicly minded to be able to tell his pit engineer what the car is doing, that engineer never drives the car, so he has to sum up that feedback and make educated guesses on how to adjust the car. It's really not to disimilar to what Ben Collins might tell Doug at SMS who then tried to mimic it in sim. Then you consider very few gamers have driven any of these cars, and the ones that have, only driven one on a road or in a demonstration.

Specific to race cars, they are built to do things at speed, and really are useless when not driven on the edge of performance. And even armature racers (pro/am) can't keep them in that range (though GT3 cars are designed to be very easy to drive for that reason). The point being, much of a pro racers feedback really comes into play when you have learned to sustain a particular car at the top of its performance envelop.

Street cars are the opposite, they have a sweet spot around 80-100 mph? It varies on car (sports car) but just fall off a cliff beyond that. Especially prevalent in American sports cars.

So games can produce preproduction cars, much in the same way they can recreate historic cars that lost their blueprint and performance data decades ago. Not to mention, blue print specs are never accurate. Case in point, the original blueprint of the Harley Davidson motorcycle, when studied by advanced engineers today, all will say it's impossible for it to run, based on the blue prints... But they didn't get that feedback, built it anyway, it worked, sounded like a grumpy monster, a whole industry was born... The motor was never "fixed" until a decade later.

maurice-pascale
01-08-2015, 17:55
I don't think it matters what cars are going to or not gonna be included in this game as there are always going to be other cars that people want. There are never going to be able to include cars that everyone is happy so Im not all that bothered what cars are introduced as long as they continue to be at the same standard that the rest are. If you want to drive the cars that will be in assetto corsa then play that game when it comes out. I don't see why they should include the same cars in that game as it will just be the same so I can see why they do it.

I think your defending instinc has confused your mind....i told that i will buy and play assetto corsa just because of the cars when it gets released......and with the cars in assetto corsa i mean the wishes here at this Pcars forum by the people.....and almost all wished cars are in assetto corsa...this has nothing to do with "the same cars like all other games" this has to do with the cars the community wishes for HERE at this forum...and i think to bring things the community wishes for is the best way, then bring cars no one likes just to be different then other games....and i think you also got car wishes, what when they never will respect your wishes and just bring cars you hate?......so what is your problem?!

When someone just make a example here between another game, some people start quickly to defend something senseless.....project cars got also cars which are in assetto corsa and means this projact cars is exact same like this game?? NO.....this is just a wish and nothing else!i cant see anymore this defending about absolute nothing!

GamingCanuck
01-08-2015, 22:31
I honestly don't think the oval cars will be done well enough to really justify having a bunch of oval tracks, and I'm not saying SMS will do a bad job with the oval cars, it's just that oval cars drive quite a bit different than road course cars do. So, I would rather SMS focus on getting out some more GT3 cars.

chig88
01-08-2015, 23:28
Would be nice to indeed see some new cars being added to the game.

That Mercedes amg gt3 looks hella sexy!

OMG. Want. Badly.

Dean2
02-08-2015, 02:08
I honestly don't think the oval cars will be done well enough to really justify having a bunch of oval tracks, and I'm not saying SMS will do a bad job with the oval cars, it's just that oval cars drive quite a bit different than road course cars do. So, I would rather SMS focus on getting out some more GT3 cars.

I m totally with you there SMS got something great here I'm just worried if they do to many things like. (NASCAR ,ovals
And rally in the next version) we have lots of variety
But nothing is done probably I'm glad to be proofed wrong but this are my concern
Lots of stuff but nothing proper !

Psychomatrix
02-08-2015, 02:40
No ovals please. Thats sooooooooo boring. :(

Do you think sms throws an upcoming dlc away. Nobody must buy that dlc.

leon1772
02-08-2015, 12:01
No response by SMS .
For the performence of AMG GT3 , we already have an answer as to turn it on nurburgring . The GT3 class must set the top 3 in the multiplayer mode , and I think if SMS players really listening as he says it would look this remark . The ball is in their camps.

Mahjik
02-08-2015, 14:54
No response by SMS .

leon, you were a WMD member so you should know that SMS doesn't comment publicly on licensing discussions until they are nearly or completely final. With that, it seem silly that you expect them to respond to this thread and then make it seem like they don't care because they don't respond. I would have expected better from a WMD member as they all should already know how the development works.

leon1772
02-08-2015, 17:36
leon, you were a WMD member so you should know that SMS doesn't comment publicly on licensing discussions until they are nearly or completely final.

Perhaps but to follow the news of Assetto Corsa and PCARS , AC communicates more on upcoming licensing. I have the feeling that SMS will communicate much more licenses or news PCARS 2 ( share feelings more than eighty members of my forum) . Then when I see the future of PCARS DLC you will excuse me but its not too dream.

miagi
02-08-2015, 17:41
It is plain stupid to announce anything about license negotiations before the deal is fixed.

TheReaper GT
02-08-2015, 17:47
Perhaps but to follow the news of Assetto Corsa and PCARS , AC communicates more on upcoming licensing. I have the feeling that SMS will communicate much more licenses or news PCARS 2 ( share feelings more than eighty members of my forum) . Then when I see the future of PCARS DLC you will excuse me but its not too dream.

IF, Assetto Corsa say something about a car is because they already have a license, if they disclose licenses without closing it it's just idiotic and against their own business. Why SMS should do anything different? They disclose what they have and keep negotiating what they whant to have.

Mahjik
02-08-2015, 18:10

Kunos, like any other developer only communicates when the license is a done deal. They never communicate any prior. Where did Kunos discuss the 2015 AMG GT3 prior to announcing the acquired license?

Pr3t3nd3r
02-08-2015, 18:33
Kunos, like any other developer only communicates when the license is a done deal. They never communicate any prior. Where did Kunos discuss the 2015 AMG GT3 prior to announcing the acquired license?

And when I had so many problems with the AC I had what...almost 0 response from devs but SMS is a whole other story. Not a single one problem that I have reported has been ignored. Now that's what I call respect worthy staff :) You are on whole other level ;)

leon1772
03-08-2015, 07:07
For MAHJIK, here http://www.theracingline.fr/2015/04/assetto-corsa-mercedes-benz-amg-gt3-a-venir.html.

For Pr3t3nd3r, I do not criticize SMS DEVS to answer technical problems. I say and I just hope that the new licenses will not be as PCARS 2.

SharpEyez
03-08-2015, 10:50
My desktop background :D

God that car looks vicious!

Pr3t3nd3r
03-08-2015, 11:15
For MAHJIK, here http://www.theracingline.fr/2015/04/assetto-corsa-mercedes-benz-amg-gt3-a-venir.html.

For Pr3t3nd3r, I do not criticize SMS DEVS to answer technical problems. I say and I just hope that the new licenses will not be as PCARS 2.

Didn't say that you criticized them...I am criticizing Kunos for the lack of the support. This is the area where SMS shines like a Superstar :)

leon1772
03-08-2015, 13:07
Didn't say that you criticized them...I am criticizing Kunos for the lack of the support. This is the area where SMS shines like a Superstar :)

OK but the subject of my post to licenses compared to the competition , not the technical assistance of dev . But to make a little off topic nevertheless I want to congratulate SMS to meet its management problems at the exit of games.
Now when I see the licenses by announcing ASSETTO CORSA I just hope that the next licensing ads will not PCARS for 2 because how many players would like a HURACAN GT3 or DTM news and I do not even talk or FERRARI ALFA ROMEO . I know that SMS continues to develop PCARS 1 but I also want him to do with new manufacturers and new cars ( HURACAN , AMG GT3 ... ) . I understand that SMS does not want to discuss being negotiated licenses, but we just reassures us by example that if there are new licenses , it will also not PCARS 1 and 2 that PCARS ( except for the rally ) .

Mahjik
03-08-2015, 13:20

That statement says they "obtained the license" (i.e. it was a done deal). That's not an announcement or mention they were "seeking" the license.

NemethR
04-08-2015, 09:28
I think, that since the game has Gen1 GT3 cars, we don't need Gen2, but more Gen1.

Dean2
04-08-2015, 09:35
I think, that since the game has Gen1 GT3 cars, we don't need Gen2, but more Gen1.

To be honest doesn't matter gen1 or gen2
We want all of them gt3 lmp bttc gt1 dtm ...... whatever modern type ones just pump em out SMS please

leon1772
04-08-2015, 10:00
To be honest doesn't matter gen1 or gen2
We want all of them gt3 lmp bttc gt1 dtm ...... whatever modern type ones just pump em out SMS please

It would be really great but there is a problem , it is called PCARS 2.

Dean2
04-08-2015, 10:09
It would be really great but there is a problem , it is called PCARS 2.

I don't know if you see it from a financial point if they release em as dlc they make more money per car as to include em in a new game!

But I got to be honest the dlc plan what is out there is rather disappointing !
I know it's not gran tourismo but I thought since there wasn't many to start with as soon as
They release the game they up the available cars via dlc since they should have the funds now!

And I also know they not made in a couple of weeks so we gotta wait!

Any Tudor said on radio Le Mans if I'm not wrong a while ago they working on dlc content what gets released around
X mass ! So they should have some ready why not release and cash in as long as lots of people playing before moving on
And by Xmas they should have more ready is still long way of !

leon1772
04-08-2015, 10:52
I am in agreement with you that the DLC should be more profitable for them . Then I also think they have now necessary dive monies to buy some licenses . Now we should know the SMS position regarding the application of licenses. Is the new licenses will be for PCARS 1 and 2 or only 2 PCARS ?

Dean2
04-08-2015, 11:00
I am in agreement with you that the DLC should be more profitable for them . Then I also think they have now necessary dive monies to buy some licenses . Now we should know the SMS position regarding the application of licenses. Is the new licenses will be for PCARS 1 and 2 or only 2 PCARS ?

I just started to be in this forum a short while ago but I'm sure they not gonna say anything ! Just wait and see I guess

Business as usual lol

leon1772
04-08-2015, 11:15
Hopefully then they will not expect too much because there are other simulation auto market therefore that overshadows my forum.(ASSETTO CORSA)

Dean2
04-08-2015, 11:30
Hopefully then they will not expect too much because there are other simulation auto market therefore that overshadows my forum.(ASSETTO CORSA)

Yeah I'm curios what they gonna do about that maybe that's the reason they keep the big guns in the pocket !
Well the only one who suffers is the gamer then they have to wait but in saying that competition is good for us too keeps em on there toes lol

Flaw3dGenius
04-08-2015, 11:39

Surly that means we need gen 2 cars?

Dean2
04-08-2015, 11:53
Sorry miss read

miagi
04-08-2015, 13:02
The GT3 class is by far the class with the biggest variety still ppl ask for more in that class, that's greedy?

I'd like to see a Alfa Romeo 155 Touring car ^^

Mahjik
04-08-2015, 13:17
But I got to be honest the dlc plan what is out there is rather disappointing !
I know it's not gran tourismo but I thought since there wasn't many to start with as soon as
They release the game they up the available cars via dlc since they should have the funds now!

It's not necessarily about funds, but time. It takes around 5 man months to create a single car for pCARS. Now, they do have more than a single person working on the cars, but not at the same time. They have 3D artists which specialize in certain aspects of the cars (i.e. one does the chassis and body, another does the suspension, another does the interior, etc). So a single car usually has 3-4 3D artists that have touched it (and all of this doesn't include physics or AI tuning). Keep in mind that there are cars in pCARS which the polys in the suspension alone are more than total of what some of the Shift 2 cars were...

pCARS will never rival GT or Forza by sheer vehicle count. That was never SMS's intent. More cars are coming but they will likely not be in the GT3 category.

leon1772
04-08-2015, 13:37
More cars are coming but they will likely not be in the GT3 category.

Ok but if there yardstick strong community demand for more GT3 or GTE (who said the corvette C7R ... :rolleyes:) is what will listen sms consider our request ?

MIAGI, I would like to also have alfa 155 touring car.

T0MMY
04-08-2015, 14:32
I would love to see more GT3 cars but I prefer SMS get more cars for other classes that has 1 or 2 cars in it like Group 5, Classic GT (Ford GT), Trans-Am and the upcoming touring cars.

Mahjik
04-08-2015, 15:11
Ok but if there yardstick strong community demand for more GT3 or GT3 (who said the corvette C7R ... :rolleyes:) is what will listen sms consider our request ?

Listen? They always listen. ;) However, just because things don't necessarily go the way everyone would like doesn't mean they don't listen and/or consider. At the end of the day, they need to ensure they are achieving their own specific target and goals. And those may not line up with your specific desires.

Dean2
04-08-2015, 18:49
It's not necessarily about funds, but time. It takes around 5 man months to create a single car for pCARS. Now, they do have more than a single person working on the cars, but not at the same time. They have 3D artists which specialize in certain aspects of the cars (i.e. one does the chassis and body, another does the suspension, another does the interior, etc). So a single car usually has 3-4 3D artists that have touched it (and all of this doesn't include physics or AI tuning). Keep in mind that there are cars in pCARS which the polys in the suspension alone are more than total of what some of the Shift 2 cars were...

pCARS will never rival GT or Forza by sheer vehicle count. That was never SMS's intent. More cars are coming but they will likely not be in the GT3 category.

I do know they not made In a couple of weeks you should've quoted my whole comment where I clearly stated that

What I'm saying is some classes are way to low in vehicles as a example lmp1 there is only 3 cars available in career mode in tier 1 the highest tier of your career and two are fake so that's my ( beef) because it gets boring rather quick !

And tier 1 is not the only one

Also if the problem is not funds and it's time then do what every business does
Hire more staff and increase output !

DECATUR PLAYA
04-08-2015, 19:28

Forza will never rival P cars in physics. 400 cars get outta here. Will be 400 cars and 10 physics models for all 400.

That Benz is sexy though pls add it.