PDA

View Full Version : No Time Trial Love

theZOGster
01-08-2015, 15:13
Typically I avoid multiplayer races (for obvious, and unfortunate reasons) so most of my time is spent attacking Time Trials.

This morning I ran a dozen laps of Sonoma Raceway Short with an Ariel Atom V8, about 8 laps or so were in the 1:15.6 range yet my times never displayed on the Leaderboard.

Is this a known glitch? I browsed the forums to see if this had happened to anyone else, but didn't find anything specific. I could try again and bang in a few laps but it's a bit discouraging to have this happen.

MXR SMILER
01-08-2015, 15:48
I don't know the answer but I have read on the forum within a thread somewhere that times will sometimes take a while to register so check next day. Only a suggestion but maybe someone else can clarify.

theZOGster
01-08-2015, 15:56
But what if I take more than a day to complete one lap?

MXR SMILER
01-08-2015, 16:19
But what if I take more than a day to complete one lap?
Just wait until the day after completion of said lap. But if it takes you a day to complete 1 lap may I suggest you are doing something incorrectly - maybe try second and third gears too.

theZOGster
01-08-2015, 16:35
I just want to make sure I got this right: the "track" is that gray thing in the middle of the screen, right?

MXR SMILER
01-08-2015, 16:47
Ah - now that is what I like to use but many others appear to be trying to keep all four wheels outside the white lines and the green run offs are like catnip to pussies so I would say do as you wish - drive where you like - when u like -how u like. Happy Racin Zogsy

MXR SMILER
01-08-2015, 16:48
Got a time yet!?
On a more serious note have you reset the game or tried a hard reset of the xbox - could that help?

Rockefelluh
01-08-2015, 19:05
I don't have the exact same problem, but I have quit out of TT and the game freezes without registering my time. That is always fun.

MXR SMILER
01-08-2015, 20:08
I don't have the exact same problem, but I have quit out of TT and the game freezes without registering my time. That is always fun.
I had similar issues but given that the leaderboards are due to be wiped in the next patch aren't they ........

Rockefelluh
01-08-2015, 20:37
I had similar issues but given that the leaderboards are due to be wiped in the next patch aren't they ........

Leaderboard wipe? Didn't know that was going to happen. I know there will be new filters though.

theZOGster
01-08-2015, 20:50
My time shows up, but not when I press "X" to "Find Me". If I just flip through the pages of times I show up at #17, but if I press "X" my time disappears completely.

More bugs, less flavor! Yum. Just one more odd-ball behavior that pushes me away from enjoying this more and more.

This idea of a hard reset of my X Box One - is this something we're expected to do from time to time? If so it just makes me think that when we turn our units "Off", that they're actually not really "Off". Are software developers changing the meaning of everyday words now? Does on mean on, and off mean off anymore?

Maybe I should check the EULA for the new meanings of these terms.

MXR SMILER
01-08-2015, 20:54
I seem to remember a vote about reset and it was fairly clear that that was what we wanted, 90% or something - could someone possibly clarify if you see this please and know FACTS

MXR SMILER
01-08-2015, 21:11
My time shows up, but not when I press "X" to "Find Me". If I just flip through the pages of times I show up at #17, but if I press "X" my time disappears completely.

More bugs, less flavor! Yum. Just one more odd-ball behavior that pushes me away from enjoying this more and more.

This idea of a hard reset of my X Box One - is this something we're expected to do from time to time? If so it just makes me think that when we turn our units "Off", that they're actually not really "Off". Are software developers changing the meaning of everyday words now? Does on mean on, and off mean off anymore?

Maybe I should check the EULA for the new meanings of these terms.

I read a post that described problems caused by caches - to clear the Xbox caches you need to hard reset (hold Xbox button for 5 - 10 seconds) or unplug the unit itself. I read these in the stickies at the head of the forum page - should be obvious which one - along with other fixes or workarounds - maybe these could help to clarify?
I am no expert, the language I used was probably bastardized like a Chinese whisper - I don't know the correct term.
Your Xbox will go into standby not switch off completely - it depends on settings, so it can download 'stuff'
Bear with it cause someone will come to the rescue soon.

theZOGster
01-08-2015, 21:48
It's not a huge deal. I can deal with it, but it just pummels my concept of logic - which I find difficult to give up on.

I'll try a had reset and see if it "fixes" this issue.

In the meantime I pumped out a faster 1:14.484 just now. Sticking to that gray area is the way to go apparently!

theZOGster
01-08-2015, 22:15
Just an update: hard reset did nothing, except maybe excersise my left index finger a little.

MXR SMILER
01-08-2015, 22:17
It's not a huge deal. I can deal with it, but it just pummels my concept of logic - which I find difficult to give up on.

I'll try a had reset and see if it "fixes" this issue.

In the meantime I pumped out a faster 1:14.484 just now. Sticking to that gray area is the way to go apparently!

On my Xbox you show as 13th place with 1:14:484 (V Nice)
I really do think it will self correct in time, say 24hrs

theZOGster
01-08-2015, 23:13
Hey, I'm glad SOMEONE noticed me! All I have to do is PM everyone on the forum! =)

justonce68
04-08-2015, 09:24
I had this 8 times out of 10 where my time was not saving and the game was freezing on exit, I deleted all my game data on my xbox (in manage game) and I have not had it freeze since.