PDA

View Full Version : [Investigating] Community ambassador trophy not unlocking

Valenort46
01-08-2015, 21:32
Hi on Friday 31st July the 20th driver network community event (Nordschleife group 5 extravaganza) opened up and like all other events since launch I participated in this event and the trophy description states "Participated in 20 Driver Network Community Events" let the trophy did not unlock, I have valid times within the top 3000 of all these events so my question is has anyone else suffered the same issue?

OperatorWay
01-08-2015, 21:50
People have reported the same issue on Xbox One: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36280

I'm on PC, and the Community Ambassador achievement has not unlocked for me either. (I'm not 100% certain that I've completed its requirements, but I think I have.)

...Edit: I just counted my entries in-game (PC) on the Community Event leaderboards & I've run 20 of them, which is the number of Driver Network Community Events required in the description for the Community Ambassador achievement/trophy.

Gaz B 007
02-08-2015, 14:05
It seems to be an issue affecting all platforms at the moment. There's quite a few people reporting the same issue so your not alone.

KK78
02-08-2015, 15:42
I'm having trouble with this too, it would be great to have an update from SMS on whether this might get tweaked (i.e lower the number of events) patched- to make it more reliable, offer an in-game counter for how many community events you've actually completed (as some times drop off because of this bizarre showing of only the top 3000 times- far from ideal for a game that sold several million) or offer far more events per month to complete.

One thing worth bearing in mind is many of the trophies/achievements specify a particular amount, say 50 wins, but in many cases I've had so far you need to go over the number needed by 1 for the achievement to pop. So in the case of community events you may actually need 21 not 20.

Here's hoping!

Valenort46
07-08-2015, 06:40
One thing worth bearing in mind is many of the trophies/achievements specify a particular amount, say 50 wins, but in many cases I've had so far you need to go over the number needed by 1 for the achievement to pop. So in the case of community events you may actually need 21 not 20.

Here's hoping!

Yes that is correct but people have now done 21 events and still have not received the trophy and it's happening on all formats of the game (PS4, XB1 and PC) so it appears that the game needs a new patch that recognises the 20 participations, here is more proof on people not getting the trophy after 21 events http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/project-cars/266225-trophy-community-ambassador-13.html
Reply #123 is the start of the 21st community event participation

Fre.Mo
07-08-2015, 12:02
How can the game recognize 20 participations if the times are not recorded in the leaderboard...

You have no entry for this event...

Valenort46
07-08-2015, 15:22
How can the game recognize 20 participations if the times are not recorded in the leaderboard...

You have no entry for this event...
It's an online save feature, which means the game will save your data no matter how fast or slow you are, it will even save replay data no by a simple definition a counter embedded into the trophy data should count each event as a singularity upon you exiting the community event and returning to the main menu and it should do this upto the required 20 event participations at which point the trophy should unlock but alas it has not unlocked for most people, I have registered valid top 3000 times in all community events upto event 21 sms-r snetterton 300 yet no trophy for me.

So the developers need to release a patch that recognises the 20 participations to unlock the trophy.

wicken
07-08-2015, 21:36
And for some reason, previous events like Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster - Azure Coast and Ford Zakspeed Capri Group 5 - Nurburgring are not getting saved in our ghost files despite the times showing up in the leaderboards. Most people on that forum are having the exact problem as me.

wicken
14-08-2015, 17:12
Alright then...more bad news again. So a new patch released and with it, came a new community event. I completed this event, my time showed on the leaderboards and this time, I counted 20 ghost files and the trophy still hasn't unlocked.

Valenort46
14-08-2015, 19:37
Alright then...more bad news again. So a new patch released and with it, came a new community event. I completed this event, my time showed on the leaderboards and this time, I counted 20 ghost files and the trophy still hasn't unlocked.
Im in the same boat, i have over 20 valid laps in over 20 unique events and i have over 20 top 3000 times, also to top it off i have 20 ghost data laps but its all to no avail as the trophy still does not unlock

Rammstone
14-08-2015, 22:45
Same problem here. I have completed valid laps on 22 events, and I have all the ghost files to prove it. The trophy has not unlocked. I hope an SMS employee can shed some light on this issue

KK78
15-08-2015, 18:16
Same problem here. I have completed valid laps on 22 events, and I have all the ghost files to prove it. The trophy has not unlocked. I hope an SMS employee can shed some light on this issue

I will be most upset if this stops me getting the Platinum, I only have 3 trophies left to get and this is one of them :(

Rammstone
15-08-2015, 18:26
I will be most upset if this stops me getting the Platinum, I only have 3 trophies left to get and this is one of them :(

Yeah it probably will. I finished everything in June except this one and it might never happen. Right now I just want to see that the devs are aware of it and working on fixing it

wicken
15-08-2015, 19:02
Yeah it probably will. I finished everything in June except this one and it might never happen. Right now I just want to see that the devs are aware of it and working on fixing it
They are aware of it, it's on their known issues list. I would like to see what progress has been made towards this though.

wicken
21-08-2015, 11:27
Is it possible for any dev to come here and say the exact requirements of this trophy please?
Some people managed to unlock this trophy today with the platinum, while others didn't including me. I played 23 events including today's event, I have 22 ghost files, I'm only shown on 8 leaderboards though.

KK78
21-08-2015, 14:06
Is it possible for any dev to come here and say the exact requirements of this trophy please?
Some people managed to unlock this trophy today with the platinum, while others didn't including me. I played 23 events including today's event, I have 22 ghost files, I'm only shown on 8 leaderboards though.

I agree some clarification/resolution to this would be hugely appreciated, it's all I need for the Platinum- pretty please SMS

Rammstone
22-08-2015, 00:52
Yeah I completed the two new events and I still didn't get it. Please SMS, give us some answers!

rayh271
22-08-2015, 19:18
They are aware of it, it's on their known issues list. I would like to see what progress has been made towards this though.

yes...i agree........devs need to update us on this issue.....same here for me i have done over 20 events and ambassador trophy still not unlocking...this is the only trophy i require for platinum......(i would also like to know why this trophy was even included in the first place...(20 events to be entered which takes months....imo this shud have been a few weeks at most...or even more events every week)......i even bought a playstation plus account so i could complete the game 100%....not to mention all those 100s of hours and time i have invested in project cars...... this issue needs to be fixed and acknowledged by the devs.....otherwise i have been sold a faultly product......because when i buy a game....i should at least have the chance to complete it 100%...full stop

Sasquatch
22-08-2015, 22:17
I wonder if the actual trophy unlock is some mistaken absurd number log to pop instead of simply 20? I'll giggle.

Maybe 200? 2,000? 200,000? Maybe even 2,000,000

:very_drunk:

Rammstone
22-08-2015, 22:40
http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3543-Project-CARS/45-Community-Ambassador

According to this, 25 people have unlocked it, most of them got it this week, so its definately possible but obviously glitched because probably hundreds or thousands of people have been doing the same thing without unlocking it. Whats causing it is hard to say, and thats why I would like SMS to comment on it.

I messaged one of those guys and asked how he did it and he just said every time a new one was available he went in and set 1 valid lap and then quit, that was it. About the same as me, except I have been driving and driving making 100% sure I made it into the top 3000 before I quit. He also said he skipped the events requiring dlc because he thought they cost too much. I bought them hoping this process would go even faster but it did definately not. I really hope thats not the issue here, that the dlc events have screwed up the trophy. That would make me furious if I have paid for a glitch essentially.

LeMansIndy500
23-08-2015, 00:12
http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3543-Project-CARS/45-Community-Ambassador

According to this, 25 people have unlocked it, most of them got it this week, so its definately possible but obviously glitched because probably hundreds or thousands of people have been doing the same thing without unlocking it. Whats causing it is hard to say, and thats why I would like SMS to comment on it.

I messaged one of those guys and asked how he did it and he just said every time a new one was available he went in and set 1 valid lap and then quit, that was it. About the same as me, except I have driving and driving making 100% sure I made it into the top 3000 before I quit. He also said he skipped the events requiring dlc because he thought they cost too much. I bought them hoping this process would go even faster but it did definately not. I really hope thats not the issue here, that the dlc events have screwed up the trophy. That would make me furious if I have paid for a glitch essentially.

Further from what you said, I am wondering whether the DLC events count towards the trophy?

Rammstone
23-08-2015, 00:20
Further from what you said, I am wondering whether the DLC events count towards the trophy?

Who knows? At this point I'm not even sure if the devs know.

The first two guys who unlocked it got it on july 31st, which would mean the dlc events count since the 20th event including dlc was avalable that day. Unless SMS have deleted some of the earlier events.

wicker man
23-08-2015, 11:01
nice to see im not the only that cant get this trophy

likewise
23-08-2015, 20:12
I managed to platinum this last night and I have done every community event since the release of the game.
I knew I had done 20 Community events about a week ago and went back to check but some of the ones that
I posted a time with now says "no set time for this event" (or something like that). Anyway I did another and
the trophy (as well as the Plat) popped even before the screen went back to the standings screen

KK78
23-08-2015, 22:47
I managed to platinum this last night and I have done every community event since the release of the game.
I knew I had done 20 Community events about a week ago and went back to check but some of the ones that
I posted a time with now says "no set time for this event" (or something like that). Anyway I did another and
the trophy (as well as the Plat) popped even before the screen went back to the standings screen

Good for you mate and congrats it takes a lot of work!, lets not take away the fact though a lot of us have done 20+ events and it ain't unlocked- hoping SMS can take a look into this amongst their no-doubt huge workload :)

PS also you got some work to do on Driveclub ;)

rayh271
23-08-2015, 23:21

fairplay to you for getting the 100%...i just entered the last 2 events again few mins ago.....to see if throphy pop for me....but no luck for me.....

rayh271
23-08-2015, 23:22
Good for you mate and congrats it takes a lot of work!, lets not take away the fact though a lot of us have done 20+ events and it ain't unlocked- hoping SMS can take a look into this amongst their no-doubt huge workload :)

PS also you got some work to do on Driveclub ;)

haha....yeah...he needs to get 100% on driveclub...........have 100% on driveclub myself......(there is always one tricky event in each driveclub expansion pack....but if you keep on it...you will eventually get It)....great game driveclub.....remember the problems that had when came out...but now they seem to doing a great job

still no response on here from the devs....acknowledging this problem....???

likewise
24-08-2015, 05:05
Yea, the DriveClub thing... I gave up on it as soon as PCars came out,
Still got the plat there but haven't purchased all the DLC.
still waiting for more PCars DLC Tracks... an oval please,
that would be great fun online...haha
The "Community Ambassador" trophy unlocked for me after the last event
(Aug 20th), Good luck in the trophy hunt guys...
I agree in that if there are trophies in the game that they should work!

KK78
25-08-2015, 06:55
Yea, the DriveClub thing... I gave up on it as soon as PCars came out,
Still got the plat there but haven't purchased all the DLC.
still waiting for more PCars DLC Tracks... an oval please,
that would be great fun online...haha
The "Community Ambassador" trophy unlocked for me after the last event
(Aug 20th), Good luck in the trophy hunt guys...
I agree in that if there are trophies in the game that they should work!

The recent Horsepower pack is well worth a look on Driveclub, the P1 GTR, Ferrari FXX K and Evoluzione are superb.

As for this trophy I'm praying for a resolution :)

Rammstone
25-08-2015, 15:27
Can we please keep unrelated posts out of this thread? I want the devs to comment on it and if they open it and see posts about Driveclub and pictures of people unlocking the trophy I don't think they will look at it as an issue they need to fix

FLX81
25-08-2015, 17:44
@ mods:

Has this been forwarded to the devs? Weeks of work being for nothing is really, really bad. I m at 16/20, if in 4 weeks I ll complete my 20th community event and the trophy wont go "bing!" I will probably go full ape shit. Somewhere between orang utan and mountain gorilla. You have been warned. :nightmare:

tgrey
25-08-2015, 18:00
Can we please keep unrelated posts out of this thread? I want the devs to comment on it and if they open it and see posts about Driveclub and pictures of people unlocking the trophy I don't think they will look at it as an issue they need to fix

It's up to 34 people that have earned it. It seems to be working for some, and it's just recently started picking up steam...

I wonder if maybe they lost/deleted results from some of the earlier events so they didn't count? Or perhaps it *IS* dependent on being in the top 3000 results at the conclusion of the event?

I suspect the latter is the case... but either way, yes... it'd be nice to know for sure.

Rammstone
25-08-2015, 18:30
It's up to 34 people that have earned it. It seems to be working for some, and it's just recently started picking up steam...

I wonder if maybe they lost/deleted results from some of the earlier events so they didn't count? Or perhaps it *IS* dependent on being in the top 3000 results at the conclusion of the event?

I suspect the latter is the case... but either way, yes... it'd be nice to know for sure.

It can't be because I am in top 3000 in all 23 events and I have not got the trophy. Also, one of the guys who unlocked the trophy said he just drove one valid lap and then quit. He didn't bother about how good the time was, but he got the trophy. I don't think the trophy actually checks the leaderboard, because the trophy should pop when you quit the event and the game registered it as your 20th event. It takes a while before the leaderboard updates your time.

tgrey
25-08-2015, 18:36
It can't be because I am in top 3000 in all 23 events and I have not got the trophy. Also, one of the guys who unlocked the trophy said he just drove one valid lap and then quit. He didn't bother about how good the time was, but he got the trophy. I don't think the trophy actually checks the leaderboard, because the trophy should pop when you quit the event and the game registered it as your 20th event. It takes a while before the leaderboard updates your time.

Ok, if you have 23 entries showing in the results *AFTER* the events have closed, than that idea is out.

As for the other person doing one lap and quitting, that doesn't mean it wasn't a valid competitive lap. Maybe they can put down a top 3k lap first try... Most of my entries are my first lap, with the exception of Formula A (ugh, I always end up backwards!).

KK78
25-08-2015, 18:45
Guys I think it is quite obvious that this trophy is broken/glitchy, with well over a million PS4 sales of the game if it was working we would be talking of hundreds, maybe thousands having it by now not 34, not to mention the achievement appears to be having similar issues on other platforms.

The request from myself and others is for the devs to take a look at it amongst their very busy schedules because it looks like it is gonna be a platinum stopper for some and that's really not great because A LOT of players really enjoy getting the trophies/achievements and it never goes down well in the community (see Codemasters Grid debacle as an example).

It would be great to know first what the actual requirement is, it suggests you just need to register 1 valid time but is this the case? Further to that a potential fix/ clarification of the conditions required or perhaps a reset and reduction of the events required would be superb.

tgrey
25-08-2015, 18:53
Guys I think it is quite obvious that this trophy is broken/glitchy, with well over a million PS4 sales of the game if it was working we would be talking of hundreds, maybe thousands having it by now not 34, not to mention the achievement appears to be having similar issues on other platforms.

The request from myself and others is for the devs to take a look at it amongst their very busy schedules because it looks like it is gonna be a platinum stopper for some and that's really not great because A LOT of players really enjoy getting the trophies/achievements and it never goes down well in the community (see Codemasters Grid debacle as an example).

It would be great to know first what the actual requirement is, it suggests you just need to register 1 valid time but is this the case? Further to that a potential fix/ clarification of the conditions required or perhaps a reset and reduction of the events required would be superb.

This bug is already on the "known issues" thread for PS4, but it wasn't linked to a discussion. I suggested that they add this thread in case they want to come back here for further reading.

rayh271
27-08-2015, 20:30
there is another event on tonight/tomorrow.......so fingers crossed it might pop after a do a clean lap on this event

Rammstone
27-08-2015, 20:32
there is another event on tonight/tomorrow.......so fingers crossed it might pop after a do a clean lap on this event

Yeah, this time I will expecting it to not work. Maybe that will help

KK78
27-08-2015, 20:51
Yeah and if you get the new DLC pack (when it finally arrives from SCEE) you get the option to do another one now around Nordschleife in the Yellow Bird, that is of course if DLC events count?!? :confused:

Fingers crossed!

Rammstone
27-08-2015, 20:57
Yeah and if you get the new DLC pack (when it finally arrives from SCEE) you get the option to do another one now around Nordschleife in the Yellow Bird, that is of course if DLC events count?!? :confused:

Fingers crossed!

Even if dlc events count, I'm not giving them more money since they can't even acknowledge or comment on this issue. It looks like they don't care

rayh271
28-08-2015, 00:17
Even if dlc events count, I'm not giving them more money since they can't even acknowledge or comment on this issue. It looks like they don't care

just an update guys..... i have just posted a clean time on latest event....and guess what.....still no trophy....an absolute joke at this stage.....i have paid good money for a playstation plus account just for this game...not to mention time and effort i put in too....over last few months

do devs seriously expect me to pay more money for a new content....when original games doesn't even work

i think its a disgrace they wont even comment or acknowledge this issue........and think it doesn't matter to us.....like we will just go away......well i expect to be able to complete the game 100%

yeap...i wont be buying new dlc....until this issue is sorted out....and i suspect lots others wont either....

Sasquatch
28-08-2015, 00:23
I can say that I got it yesterday for logging the Yellowbird at Nurburgring community event.

Funny thing is, that was my 20th community event logged. :o

Rammstone
28-08-2015, 00:29
Yep. Just completed my 24th event and no trophy. I've stopped being surprised at this point.

Can a mod please send this thread to the devs and ask them to comment on it? I just want to see them say they are aware of the issue and are looking into it. Also I would like to know how the game registers an event as complete so I know what I'm supposed to be aiming for in case its not the obvious.

rayh271
28-08-2015, 00:47
Yep. Just completed my 24th event and no trophy. I've stopped being surprised at this point.

Can a mod please send this thread to the devs and ask them to comment on it? I just want to see them say they are aware of the issue and are looking into it. Also I would like to know how the game registers an event as complete so I know what I'm supposed to be aiming for in case its not the obvious.

i dont no if you know this.....if you go to settings... then application data...upload game saves......project cars....you will see a list of ghost rcordings...just select options and it will tell you what track/event you have completed.....then you can count them

Rammstone
28-08-2015, 01:02
i dont no if you know this.....if you go to settings... then application data...upload game saves......project cars....you will see a list of ghost rcordings...just select options and it will tell you what track/event you have completed.....then you can count them

I know, I noticed that early on so I have used them to keep track of how many I had completed. Whats weird though is that I have 24 unique lap times, but almost 30 in total. Some of them have been saved twice with the same name.

Youles
28-08-2015, 09:10
I also completed my 24th event yesterday and STILL no trophy. At least other people seem to be in the same boat, I'd be more worried if it was just me, but this still isn't acceptable - particularly as it's taken about 20 weeks to try and get.

Worse still is that there are multiple threads on this "Official" site and others and yet they offer absolutely no confirmation as to how the trophy works - i.e. info solely stored on their servers; ghost saved data; our profile data; number of logged leaderboard times - nor if they are going to bother to fix it. And if they don't, perhaps the people who have completed 20 events and don't have the trophy, will now never get it.

It's a worry that this is still broken now - although their is some defence in that they may not have known until people started hitting 20 events.

Some kind of contact would be appreciated.

Youles
28-08-2015, 09:18
Additionally, I suspect (and hope) more people will raise this issue as they reach their 20 events - I've known about this issue for a while, since I pretty much did every event without missing any, but a lot of others are likely to have missed a few events here-and-there.

rayh271
28-08-2015, 11:46
I also completed my 24th event yesterday and STILL no trophy. At least other people seem to be in the same boat, I'd be more worried if it was just me, but this still isn't acceptable - particularly as it's taken about 20 weeks to try and get.

Worse still is that there are multiple threads on this "Official" site and others and yet they offer absolutely no confirmation as to how the trophy works - i.e. info solely stored on their servers; ghost saved data; our profile data; number of logged leaderboard times - nor if they are going to bother to fix it. And if they don't, perhaps the people who have completed 20 events and don't have the trophy, will now never get it.

It's a worry that this is still broken now - although their is some defence in that they may not have known until people started hitting 20 events.

Some kind of contact would be appreciated.

yes totally agree.....why are the devs not responding to this issue...????????????????............maybe they know its a totally messed up trophy..........and dont know themselves how to fix it.....even so they could explain to us whats going on doe??????

KK78
28-08-2015, 11:48
A fix should be simple, trophies are relatively adjusted often in games, hopefully when the SMS guys get back from holiday they can take a look, I'm sure they are not ignorant to ignore it.

MARRONEY_BR
29-08-2015, 17:49
25 events completed and still no trophy... that's a shame!

Rammstone
29-08-2015, 18:17
Its been four weeks now since the trophy started glitching and I still haven't seen SMS even mentioning a word about it. One thing is for sure, if this isn't fixed soon Project Cars 2 will not be purchased. I hate studios who aren't committed to their players. All I'm asking for is for them to admit the issue and give us a status report instead of being completely ignored.

Rammstone
29-08-2015, 20:57
I have a question for anyone else reading this who completed over 20 events and did not get the trophy. Did you buy any of the dlc?

I asked the six friends of mine who has the game about this, and I'm seeing a worrying trend here.

2 of them got the trophy, neither of them did any of the dlc events. And they both said they had horrible lap times. They just completed 1 valid lap and quit.

The 4 others completed over 20 events, all four of them purchased some of the dlc to try to speed up the process, and none of them got the trophy. That would be 5 people including me.

I don't know if this is a massive coincidence, or if it means we have paid for a glitch. But it could be a start for SMS to look into it if it turns out its the same pattern with people in here. If they have any intention of fixing it that is.

wicker man
29-08-2015, 23:53
well i got the trophy today so it does unlock for some

tgrey
29-08-2015, 23:57
well i got the trophy today so it does unlock for some

had you done any of the dlc based events?

KK78
30-08-2015, 00:44
I have a question for anyone else reading this who completed over 20 events and did not get the trophy. Did you buy any of the dlc?

I asked the six friends of mine who has the game about this, and I'm seeing a worrying trend here.

2 of them got the trophy, neither of them did any of the dlc events. And they both said they had horrible lap times. They just completed 1 valid lap and quit.

The 4 others completed over 20 events, all four of them purchased some of the dlc to try to speed up the process, and none of them got the trophy. That would be 5 people including me.

I don't know if this is a massive coincidence, or if it means we have paid for a glitch. But it could be a start for SMS to look into it if it turns out its the same pattern with people in here. If they have any intention of fixing it that is.

Interesting point, I have bought the DLC and have no trophy, for the record. The zero signal from anyone 'official' on here is deafening though but hopefully some response will come soon. I see there is a growing crowd losing their collective poo on psn trophy and more general Sony forums.

Some may see trophy/achievement/steam rewards as secondary but there is a huge following who see them as a big part of their enjoyment, if it is in the game it really needs to work and is no different to any other major glitch.

Youles
30-08-2015, 08:39

Interesting theory. It will be a big kick in the teeth if the "supporters" who buy DLC are the ones that are punished by this glitch, and even more so if it is fixed.

I have done 26 events and no trophy, and have bought all DLC so far and participated in the respective DLC community events.

SMS really need to sort this out. The longer it goes on, the more worried I am that we'll ever see a fix. As someone else has mentioned, I won't be buying PC2 if this isn't resolved - not just because it's glitched, but because they are ignoring a common problem.

Even if I do eventually get this trophy, I'll still be annoyed at them for their lack of comment on it.

wicker man
30-08-2015, 10:37
had you done any of the dlc based events?

i was beginning to think it would not unlock for me then i got it yesterday, i had done every event since launch apart from the capri round the ring

ChrisCSW20
30-08-2015, 10:58
I have all DLC and my trophy popped. got times on all events but the thing that I did was make sure that I did three or four valid laps on each event not just one valid lap then quit.

tgrey
30-08-2015, 17:21
Ok, good to hear the DLC rumor was been dismissed. Sounds like it's still buggy, but is eventually unlocking for people.

It'd really be nice if SMS chimed in about this, even just to say they're looking into it. I know it's on the official PS4 bug list, but that doesn't really mean too much.

But all in all if I have to do 25 events instead of 20, it won't be the end of the world... as long as they keep them coming regularly enough. I bought the game to race, not to collect PSN trophies.

wicken
31-08-2015, 10:17
I played all events including the Ruf CTR event just now and no trophy popped :grumpy:

Rammstone
31-08-2015, 17:20
For people who got the trophy did it unlock at exactly 20 events complete, or does it actually pop at for example 25?

KK78
01-09-2015, 20:57
For people who got the trophy did it unlock at exactly 20 events complete, or does it actually pop at for example 25?

Not sure about that, it seems to unlock at anything over 20, or at least it does for those who are lucky enough to get the damn thing

Rammstone
04-09-2015, 00:23
Two new events today and guess what. I did both and the trophy popped on the last one. Finally! That was my 28th event. I'm gonna unsubscribe from this thread and stop complaining now, but I still think SMS need to do something about it. It obviously doesn't work as intended. They need to step up and convince me this isn't going to happen again if I'm going to buy Project Cars 2

rayh271
04-09-2015, 00:44
Two new events today and guess what. I did both and the trophy popped on the last one. Finally! That was my 28th event. I'm gonna unsubscribe from this thread and stop complaining now, but I still think SMS need to do something about it. It obviously doesn't work as intended. They need to step up and convince me this isn't going to happen again if I'm going to buy Project Cars 2

glad to see it pooped for you.......but guess what.......i just did latest 2 events and still the trophy hasn't popped for me........i have done all events including dlc ones......i have checked my saved data....and according to that i have completed 24 events.....(as i have said i have done them all.....i noticed a few of me times/events have mysteriously disappeared).........this getting beyond a joke now at this stage......(trophy clearly states that you only need to enter 20 events......so this should pop immediately after you complete your 20th event.........not by random when and if the game feels like it........this is totally unfair on most of us who have paid good money for both the game and the dlc.....seriously if the devs cannot be bothered to acknowledge this issue on this or any other thread with a proper response in the next few days....i will personally post my copy of the game back to the devs....for a full refund as this product is faulty.........full stop

starshot89
04-09-2015, 01:04
This is soo annoying that was my 22nd and 23rd event tonight. all i need is this trophy for the plat :mad:

wicken
04-09-2015, 01:11
Today was also my 28th event and the trophy yet again refused to pop. For the love of god, is it possible to get any developer come in here and say something about this? We have been in the dark since July without knowing the exact requirements of this trophy and by the looks of it, it's randomly unlocking for people, not when it says supposed to pop.

Maddux
04-09-2015, 07:35
25th event for me today, 24 times in the top 3000 and still no Trophy(probably glitched or me), getting very frustrating and to add that not one reply or comment from any in SMS about the situation regarding this trophy.

FLX81
04-09-2015, 11:07
Guess what, guys... The trophy just unlocked for me. After setting 18 valid times and the 18th isnt even on the leaderboard yet (not yet updated). What a bloody mess.

KK78
04-09-2015, 11:26
Guess what, guys... The trophy just unlocked for me. After setting 18 valid times and the 18th isnt even on the leaderboard yet (not yet updated). What a bloody mess.

I hate you ;)

I've just done events 22 and 23 and guess what? Yep nothing, really glad for those who have got the trophy but i'd ask everyone to keep the pressure up on getting some information from the devs on this. The trophy is a Platinum/1000G stopper for a lot of people and what is even more grating is that it was probably put in the game to ensure that 1000's of achievement/trophy hunters would hang on to the game longer term (due to sporadic events spread over months) AND would also buy the DLC which some of the the events are tied to- stinks a bit?

Please SMS look into this :frown-new:

BetoRenno
04-09-2015, 12:19
I hate you ;)

I've just done events 22 and 23 and guess what? Yep nothing, really glad for those who have got the trophy but i'd ask everyone to keep the pressure up on getting some information from the devs on this. The trophy is a Platinum/1000G stopper for a lot of people and what is even more grating is that it was probably put in the game to ensure that 1000's of achievement/trophy hunters would hang on to the game longer term (due to sporadic events spread over months) AND would also buy the DLC which some of the the events are tied to- stinks a bit?

Please SMS look into this :frown-new:

I am facing the same problem at Xbox One platform... PLease, SMS, take a look on it.
Thanks,
Carlos
(GT: BetoRenno)

Skyone
04-09-2015, 12:26
Let's keep this thread up and start tweeting at them.

rayh271
04-09-2015, 12:34
i just seen this on my twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame

Rammstone
04-09-2015, 12:47

Wow.. I almost fell off my chair. Is this real life?

wicken
04-09-2015, 13:04

Well, it's about bloody time they are investigating the problem.

KK78
04-09-2015, 14:00

That's really good news, praying for a solution here :)

Skyone
04-09-2015, 15:17
Well that got someone's attention, I tweeted them the link to this thread yesterday.

rayh271
04-09-2015, 16:09
Well that got someone's attention, I tweeted the them the link to this thread yesterday.

good man....hopefully gets sorted now

KK78
08-09-2015, 09:40
Can't wait to see what the SMS guys can do about this :)

rayh271
10-09-2015, 14:59
there is an event on tonight/tomorrow.....so see if trophy pops....will post back tommorow

wicken
11-09-2015, 00:26
there is an event on tonight/tomorrow.....so see if trophy pops....will post back tommorow
I just got my platinum with today's event; the rest of my friends failed to get it.

rayh271
11-09-2015, 01:20
I just got my platinum with today's event; the rest of my friends failed to get it.

fairplay.......how many events you done?

rayh271
11-09-2015, 01:24
just done the latest event there now and again no trophy.......seems to be total luck if you get it or not

KK78
11-09-2015, 10:18
I just done the P1 @ BRNO too and no trophy :sorrow:

Will there be further events added to the community events as there is only 5 left (the last one been in January!!!) and I'm away so am gonna miss 3 :(

wicken
11-09-2015, 16:14
fairplay.......how many events you done?
I played 29 community events, including all DLC events.

starshot89
11-09-2015, 19:24
22 events no plat.....

Fre.Mo
11-09-2015, 20:46
I do we know how many events we played?

rayh271
12-09-2015, 14:17
I do we know how many events we played?

go to application data in ps4 menu in settings.....go to back up gamesaves to cloud.....then select project cars.....you should then see all your game saves in there.....you can also see what events you have recorded a lap time for by selecting them

Fre.Mo
13-09-2015, 20:52
What s happen if we remove the Ghost recording from the save files?

odytsak
13-09-2015, 21:35
28 community events, still no trophy.

starshot89
15-09-2015, 16:52
SMS Any New on this yet??? been a few weeks now

rayh271
18-09-2015, 00:19
just done the latest event and still no platinum......whats going on sms....can you update us whats happening to get this resolved...???

Skyone
18-09-2015, 02:02
4.0 update is out for the PS4, no patch notes yet.. here's hoping..

Maddux
18-09-2015, 06:10
27th event entered today and the trophy did not unlock for me. Tempted just to give up at this point regarding this and the platinum trophy.

Skyone
18-09-2015, 13:19
So no mention of this bug in the patch notes and no word from anyone regarding the issue. Awesome.

Bealdor
18-09-2015, 14:05
https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/639769681914691584

odytsak
19-09-2015, 15:32
https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/639769681914691584

It's too old, before patch 4.0 since September 4th, something new?

Holy_Moly
20-09-2015, 17:22
Hello Project Cars developers,
it's really frustrating that you don't even update all waiting players. It's annoying!

There are so many players in my friendlist who can't get this trophy, even after 30 Events!
All forums are full of this issue, many players on messageboards already boycott Project Cars 2, so why is there no update, whats the purpose of not responding?

Please inform us!

Greetings from Germany

odytsak
20-09-2015, 20:38
As it says the most popular proverb in Greece, none so deaf as those who dont want to hear.

ImStylinOnYaBro
25-09-2015, 00:27
well time to bump this. did the two new events (silverstone lcio and suzuka f1) . no trophy popped. lost count now, i think its like event 25 or 26 i've done.

Leonan
25-09-2015, 03:06
*Sigh* another Friday, 2 more community events, and still no trophy for me :(

fabiohaifa
26-09-2015, 11:47
Same here... I put time in 26 events and no trophy...

https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/647394922920837120

There is only 2 events left and the last one is only at next year... any news regarding new events?

Skyone
26-09-2015, 13:16
At least this sounds promising "We're treating it carefully. It will be a fair solution."- from twitter.

KK78
30-09-2015, 14:14
Well yet another event complete and still no trophy, seriously aside from an acknowledgement on Twitter a while back is this really been addressed, it's been an issue for ages and surely cannot be that complicated??

ImStylinOnYaBro
02-10-2015, 00:37
another event w/ no trophy. good to see an actual recent post on twitter from them in regards to this. sure hope a fix comes w/ patch 5.0 if i dont get it popped sooner.

rayh271
02-10-2015, 03:12
will do event tomorrow....and see if it pops

Holy_Moly
02-10-2015, 16:31
Hello again!

Finally, I got this annoying trophy! :yes:

Seems to be pure luck! Some of my friends played ALL events (33 so far) and still no trophy! :eek:

I recorded the gameplay from gamestart to trophy unlocking. Maybe it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16dwiSiSso

Satisfied customers is what you need to sell your game. Pretty sure a lot of players will refuse to buy Project Cars 2 because of this ridiculous behaviour.

Greetings from Germany!

Moly

ImStylinOnYaBro
02-10-2015, 17:21
thanks for the video evidence. since 4.0, even though my cloud storage is alll but empty, i always get a messae about the game being unable to save ghost data. hope that doesn't effect the trophy.

rayh271
03-10-2015, 03:56
thanks for the video evidence. since 4.0, even though my cloud storage is alll but empty, i always get a messae about the game being unable to save ghost data. hope that doesn't effect the trophy.

yeah noticed that on mine too....from way back like after 5 events....could this be corrupting the project cars data?????????????

Fre.Mo
03-10-2015, 07:05

The online storage has been extended up to 10 Go since firmware 3.0.

FLX81
03-10-2015, 08:42
Since pcars is known to currupt save files, you guys better either try to manually upload it to the cloud storage in the system settings or back up your save game on a USB drive. Fre.Mo is right though, since the online storage is now 10 GB, file size really shouldnt be a problem.

KK78
03-10-2015, 14:15
Hello again!

Finally, I got this annoying trophy! :yes:

Seems to be pure luck! Some of my friends played ALL events (33 so far) and still no trophy! :eek:

I recorded the gameplay from gamestart to trophy unlocking. Maybe it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16dwiSiSso

Satisfied customers is what you need to sell your game. Pretty sure a lot of players will refuse to buy Project Cars 2 because of this ridiculous behaviour.

Greetings from Germany!

Moly

Good for you buddy, how many events did you do? It would at least have been nice if the game told you without having to sift through flippin' ghost save data!

ImStylinOnYaBro
09-10-2015, 00:27
another event and nothing. i guess thats me done w/ this game until they have patched it.

KK78
09-10-2015, 09:35
Yep same for me, another event and no trophy. Seriously this is beyond a joke now, it's bad enough that it is glitched, it's far worse to have zero information about why it is glitched, how it is actually earnt, whether the DLC events are even tied to it (I suspect they are as it's arguably one of the worst 'to keep you playing/paying for the game' trophy examples I've seen in a long time) whether it relies on a counter or saved ghosts data- hell does anyone actually know?

That Twitter comment ages ago was probably just a pacifier, I question whether there is intent to fix this ill thought out trophy at all!

Hell at this point just give it to everyone in the next patch, as doing the events appears entirely secondary at this point.

Fre.Mo
09-10-2015, 11:23
Why the count of the participated events is not displayed? Like achievement x/20...

rayh271
09-10-2015, 13:39
Yep same for me, another event and no trophy. Seriously this is beyond a joke now, it's bad enough that it is glitched, it's far worse to have zero information about why it is glitched, how it is actually earnt, whether the DLC events are even tied to it (I suspect they are as it's arguably one of the worst 'to keep you playing/paying for the game' trophy examples I've seen in a long time) whether it relies on a counter or saved ghosts data- hell does anyone actually know?

That Twitter comment ages ago was probably just a pacifier, I question whether there is intent to fix this ill thought out trophy at all!

Hell at this point just give it to everyone in the next patch, as doing the events appears entirely secondary at this point.

no trophy for me either......yeah they should just give it to everyone....(that is if sms can even be bothered to fix it..........they think that all us players will just get fed up and forget about it....and the problem will go away.....but thats not the case.......i am not going to let this go....(this is stopping everyone from obtaining platinum trophy).......they sms haven't even the courtesy to even update us whatsoever as to whats happening regarding this issue........

i would like to point out i am playing forza 6 on xbox one....and there was a problem with an achievement (world traveller achievement stuck at 96%).....after a few people pointed out this issue on the forza forums.....it was fixed within a week

so no excuse for sms....its been months now....and several patches later and still no fix.....what the hell is going on ???????????

WhoosierGirl
09-10-2015, 14:00
I had fingers crossed I would get the trophy last night, 20 event times posted all of which I can look on the leaderboard and still see....no trophy :(

I did look and I don't have Ruf CTR YellowBird @Nordschleife replay saved in my files, hopefully this will unlock in the next few events.

NARIMANIK
09-10-2015, 14:33
I HAVE 30 EVENT BUT NO TROPHY TOO((((

KK78
09-10-2015, 15:08
no trophy for me either......yeah they should just give it to everyone....(that is if sms can even be bothered to fix it..........they think that all us players will just get fed up and forget about it....and the problem will go away.....but thats not the case.......i am not going to let this go....(this is stopping everyone from obtaining platinum trophy).......they sms haven't even the courtesy to even update us whatsoever as to whats happening regarding this issue........

i would like to point out i am playing forza 6 on xbox one....and there was a problem with an achievement (world traveller achievement stuck at 96%).....after a few people pointed out this issue on the forza forums.....it was fixed within a week

so no excuse for sms....its been months now....and several patches later and still no fix.....what the hell is going on ???????????

Yep, Driveclub too had an issue with a Drifting trophy, fixed within several weeks

Skyone
10-10-2015, 14:24
It's clear that they're not even looking at this thread. Everyone should just tweet at them. https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame

Edit: How many months has it been since the 20th event was put up?

rayh271
11-10-2015, 01:13
It's clear that they're not even looking at this thread. Everyone should just tweet at them. https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame

Edit: How many months has it been since the 20th event was put up?

i have tweeted them many times......without reply.....even linking this thread.....they don't want to know about it....they think we will just go away.....but as i said earlier....thats not happening....(the devs have sold us a faulty product....and must accept responsibility for this.....we do have rights sms

mjemec11
11-10-2015, 12:23
Well, the trophy popped for me today after setting a lap time at Brands Hatch.

kekke2000
11-10-2015, 20:34
i have tweeted them many times......without reply.....even linking this thread.....they don't want to know about it....they think we will just go away.....but as i said earlier....thats not happening....(the devs have sold us a faulty product....and must accept responsibility for this.....we do have rights sms

They only respond to positive tweets like "look at this amazing graphics" and "I love this new DLC". Never to any questions about the issues, unless they already fixed it. It's like North Korea. "Proborem?? No proborem here, everything good!"

Skyone
12-10-2015, 20:07
If enough people tweet they cant hide from it. And they have responded when I first tweeted at them a few weeks back, but 1 person is not enough.

davthewave
12-10-2015, 21:15
it says [investigating] for this thread, it's been saying that for some time now, must be a huge investigation going on.

paz4040
14-10-2015, 11:28
i have now done 30 and still no trophy , just need this one for platinum, no one is saying anything about it , todays patch did not do anything for the trophy

KK78
14-10-2015, 11:39
I didn't realise this achievement is also tanked on other platforms too for a lot of people, it's a huge shame and some update from the devs would be very valuable

Fre.Mo
14-10-2015, 12:06
i have now done 30 and still no trophy , just need this one for platinum, no one is saying anything about it , todays patch did not do anything for the trophy

Can you still find yourself in the leader-board for at last 20 events, or some of your recorded times went out (beyond rank 3000)?

KK78
14-10-2015, 12:38
Can you still find yourself in the leader-board for at last 20 events, or some of your recorded times went out (beyond rank 3000)?

I doubt/hope that to get the trophy you don't have to stay in the top 3000, if that is the case this trophy is truly demented:untroubled:

Skyone
14-10-2015, 12:58
Some people that got the trophy said that they only put in a valid lap. So no, staying in the top 3000 doesn't seem to be a requirement. I'm gonna tweet at them again linking to this thread and the one over at the X1 corner..

KK78
14-10-2015, 14:10
It would be a useful start to just understand what the actual requirements are in the first place, it says 'Complete 20 Community Events' well guess what we've all done that!?!!? Surely the actual requirements don't need investigating too? :/

KK78
21-10-2015, 11:00
Anyone know when the next event is off the top of their head?

DarC
21-10-2015, 12:24
Anyone know when the next event is off the top of their head?

Friday (23rd)

KK78
21-10-2015, 13:30
Friday (23rd)

Cheers mate, fingers crossed

ImStylinOnYaBro
23-10-2015, 00:53
another event with no trophy. this marks 31 or 32 events. the only benefit to having this igital is that i simply cant physically snap the disc in half from frustration.

GazzaGSi
23-10-2015, 11:00
29 events and nothing. Infuriating and having to wait so long for another event is a joke.

odytsak
23-10-2015, 11:29
The same all over again, another week, another event but still no trophy.
Good job SMS.

WhoosierGirl
23-10-2015, 14:57
I had only 19 replays saved in my data saved management but, 20 times that were accessible on the leaderboard (out of 21 events that I did ranging from top 10's to 2000). I thankfully received the trophy last night but, thought it would be on the next event I could save a replay.

ImStylinOnYaBro
23-10-2015, 19:48
well, next week will be the last chance for a while. also, i don't think ghosts have anything to do with it. but on that topic, i still get a message that the saved data for that application has exceeded its max of 1gb.

Fre.Mo
23-10-2015, 21:16
well, next week will be the last chance for a while. also, i don't think ghosts have anything to do with it. but on that topic, i still get a message that the saved data for that application has exceeded its max of 1gb.

Can anyone confirm this because I deleted the whole ghost recordings.

KK78
24-10-2015, 11:12
I can't imagine it's linked to ghosts as that would be pretty stupid bearing in mind how unreliable the cloud saving can be. I tweeted PCars on Twitter and no update but they did say they were investigating so at least they replied, unlike on here.

Skyone
24-10-2015, 14:54
But thats all they keep saying though "We're investigating", "Haven't forgotten, still looking into it"... How long will it take?

rayh271
24-10-2015, 17:22
i will try latest event and report back....beyond a joke at this stage

rayh271
24-10-2015, 17:40
just as i taught.....no trophy.......words cant explain my frustration at this stage...months now and still not fixed

ImStylinOnYaBro
25-10-2015, 03:19
yeah, it is always no real upate on the investigation. btw, for who asked about ghost data. on the playstationtrophies.org site, we have discussed that before and people have had over 20 ghost datas and no trophy and someone deleted theirs and i believe they got it.

KK78
26-10-2015, 07:13
Well I too did the Hockenheim event, 10 laps done, time set and no flippin' trophy! Still sits at 0.1% in terms of people who have got it, I'd imagine the amount of frustrated players is growing into a sizeable group by now if some of the forums are anything to go by

Love1
29-10-2015, 18:11
So I set my alarm to play my 30th community event as the next one is today,but it was not avalible and said next event is in in 7 days.the last event I did was number 36 German gp contest on the 23rd .so what's going on why was today's event cancelled and now it's greyed out and has no date just says available in 7 days time this is the sms r formula a spa gp Re run.I wanted to see if my platinum trophy would pop but it hasn't. And as there is no new event today I don't know what's going on.why can't we get this trophy

Love1
29-10-2015, 18:32
So I set my alarm to play my 30th community event as the next one is today,but it was not avalible and said next event is in in 7 days.the last event I did was number 36 German gp contest on the 23rd .so what's going on why was today's event cancelled and now it's greyed out and has no date just says available in 7 days time this is the sms r formula a spa gp Re run.I wanted to see if my platinum trophy would pop but it hasn't. And as there is no new event today I don't know what's going on.why can't we get this trophy
Qwote myself accidentally whoops anyway I got it I had to buy the Japanese dlc for 2.99 I did one lap and my platinum trophy popped it's the first dlc I bought I thought I would try and it worked very happy with my platinum finally

Bealdor
29-10-2015, 19:36
Threads merged.

KK78
29-10-2015, 21:05
Just done the Toyota event, no trophy, still, must be 30 odd events now.

Situation is becoming crazy now, hell just give the achievement in the next patch to everyone if it can't be fixed as it is needlessly upsetting a lot of people across all platforms.

GTR
29-10-2015, 22:03
Guess I'm lucky.
Unlocked at my 20th event :).

GazzaGSi
29-10-2015, 23:55
As mentioned, just gone on to do the latest event that was scheduled for today to see its been moved/cancelled until next week. If anything more of these community events need to be added! 1 a week/fortnight is useless, especially for people new to the game and having to wait days just for 1 event.

Bought the Japanese car pack not realising an event was available for it so competed in that and still no trophy. I've had afew trophies Glitch on me in other games but there's always a work around for it most of the time, this community ambassador is beyond a joke now.

MARRONEY_BR
30-10-2015, 09:02
Already did all events since release (including DLC) and still no trophy... 5 updates released and glitch isn't patched until now! BTW to sell DLC that SMS guys make all right! That's a fucking joke with us!

ImStylinOnYaBro
30-10-2015, 17:14
if i knew for a fact that toyota dlc would pop the trophy , i'd get it hands down. but since i don't, i am not spending money on it. i was sad to see this weeks event pushed back another week. maybe in the update they should just change its requirements to 1 event. see, driveclub may suck, but it gets its trophies right. i did 1 community event and it popped as it should in the new bike expansion :)

omega726
31-10-2015, 12:44
Hi everyone! I have read previous post about trophy popped out with japan cars dlc and can confirm!!
I partecipate to 27 or 28 event (20 with time included in first 3000) and never unlock trophy...after read that post this morning i downloaded japanes cars dlc, start community event and after 3 laps (only first valid) ended session... During loading screen before main menu i have received community ambassador trphy and platinum... I pay 3.49 euro for a platinum...but game was a gift so i can accept it!

Fre.Mo
31-10-2015, 14:39
Hi everyone! I have read previous post about trophy popped out with japan cars dlc and can confirm!!
I partecipate to 27 or 28 event (20 with time included in first 3000) and never unlock trophy...after read that post this morning i downloaded japanes cars dlc, start community event and after 3 laps (only first valid) ended session... During loading screen before main menu i have received community ambassador trphy and platinum... I pay 3.49 euro for a platinum...but game was a gift so i can accept it!

Really, so the japanese dlc should be offered to every players :p...

omega726
31-10-2015, 17:49
Community events was planned in a different way (this week event was delayed to next week) and more events was added, i can't be sure but i think they apply some solution and probably next week with standard events (3 events was Planned all together in same day) trphy will be unlocked for all have 20 events!

GazzaGSi
31-10-2015, 18:25
Really, so the japanese dlc should be offered to every players :p...

I bought it, did the event along with 30+ others and no trophy. Buy it at your own risk if you think it'll work but it didn't for me and I won't be supporting this anymore buying future dlc, had enough.

Fre.Mo
31-10-2015, 20:53
I bought it, did the event along with 30+ others and no trophy. Buy it at your own risk if you think it'll work but it didn't for me and I won't be supporting this anymore buying future dlc, had enough.

I have to do the trophy a day in the life before... There are new events added I saw.

rayh271
02-11-2015, 18:59
when is patch 6 due.....if its not fixed in that patch....sms simply dont care

Bealdor
02-11-2015, 19:14
when is patch 6 due.....if its not fixed in that patch....sms simply dont care

Or maybe they can't repro it?

ImStylinOnYaBro
02-11-2015, 19:56
^^ not even near an acceptable excuse if that eventually surfaces. plenty of games have bugged trophies and they are fixed in patches far more often than not.

Bealdor
02-11-2015, 20:04
It doesn't matter if you can accept it or not. If a bug can't be reproduced, it can't be fixed.

ImStylinOnYaBro
03-11-2015, 04:15
frankly a joke to even suggest such a possibility.

Fre.Mo
03-11-2015, 06:22
It doesn't matter if you can accept it or not. If a bug can't be reproduced, it can't be fixed.

A count display of the valid events would help for future patch; we don t even know how much events have been taken into account in the driver's career...

Bealdor
03-11-2015, 06:48
A count display of the valid events would help for future patch; we don t even know how much events have been taken into account in the driver's career...

Yeah, but I doubt that it's possible to make it work retroactively.

Skyone
03-11-2015, 13:07

The bug is clearly existent, if they cant pin point whats causing it, work back and re write the counting and flagging mechanisms for the trophy.. Failing that just dump 20+ events so that people can at least try their luck.. There is no excuse anymore.

WhoosierGirl
03-11-2015, 13:18
The bug is clearly existent, if they cant pin point whats causing it, work back and re write the counting and flagging mechanisms for the trophy.. Failing that just dump 20+ events so that people can at least try their luck.. There is no excuse anymore.

Has anyone from SMS ever said what is actually counted to make the trophy work?

KK78
03-11-2015, 15:59
Nope, sadly not. It doesn't say if it is just the standard events the game shipped with, the standard events that have been added since, the DLC events too, whether a top 3000th time needed or not, whether it needs to save a ghost. I'm no programmer but some people have this trophy so I not convinced by the idea that it can't be fixed, either that or rewrite the trophy code so that is takes 5 events or something, test it and put it out in a patch.

If it can't be replicated as Bealdor suggests maybe an option is to rewrite the code so they can replicate and test it.

therealzissou
04-11-2015, 19:45
I've not been too bothered about these events or trophies but now that I think about it, this is pretty much the only trophy I need for the platinum. So I may as well go for it.

I've done maybe one or two of these since the games release so if I start now, will there be enough events to get the trophy? Is there a point where the events stop all together or are they planned for a year or more etc?

Provided of course that the trophy is not indefinitely glitched or broken...
Thanks

Skyone
04-11-2015, 19:51
New events are added every so often, so provided they fix the trophy glitch you will get it eventually, if you just started now it might take some time but you will get it.

therealzissou
04-11-2015, 20:00
Yeh no worries, that's what I thought. I'd just hate to do like 18 events or something and then they stopped offering new ones...
Thanks

ImStylinOnYaBro
06-11-2015, 00:25
and as completely expected, event 33/37 has not yielded the trophy.

Leonan
06-11-2015, 02:53
I bought the Japanese car pack and did the event. Still no trophy :(

SMS - The game keeps track of how much time we've spent doing community events, and it shows us this time in our driver profiles. So, how about you change the trophy so that it unlocks after a certain number of hours, rather than the number of completed events?

GazzaGSi
06-11-2015, 09:43
Nothing here again :(

MARRONEY_BR
06-11-2015, 10:57
That's last trophy to get platinum on PCars. I had 35 events until now (including DLC) and nothing! Remembering that 20 are necessary to unlock trophy and I got almost double of it! Waves of threads on forum, promisses to fix it and we still 3 months waiting a solution! These guys never will get my money anymore, I'm tired about DLC and e-Sports bullshit! SMS CAN'T MADE A 100% WORKING GAME AND WE BOUGHT IT, SO HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME??? Trash company... take on Ubisoft hand and go for a walk on the park!

odytsak
06-11-2015, 11:00
https://twitter.com/odytsak/status/662598484441358336

I've finally got the platinum trophy,
the Community Ambassador trophy has got to be the worst glitch trophy ever.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTIFzr7UkAAAzHd.jpg:orig

KK78
07-11-2015, 12:45
Well another event and yep still no trophy, I noticed there are 3 more events in a few weeks so I'll hold onto the game until then but if there is no joy it's getting traded. Daft as it may sound to some, this issue and how it has been handled has really put me off the game, along with some other issues and has totally put me off jumping into PCars 2 for sure.

tgrey
07-11-2015, 18:22
Well another event and yep still no trophy, I noticed there are 3 more events in a few weeks so I'll hold onto the game until then but if there is no joy it's getting traded. Daft as it may sound to some, this issue and how it has been handled has really put me off the game, along with some other issues and has totally put me off jumping into PCars 2 for sure.

"I can't earn a platinum trophy, so this game is no fun to me". :confused:

KK78
08-11-2015, 18:26
"I can't earn a platinum trophy, so this game is no fun to me". :confused:

Read it again dude, this issue along with others have left a bad taste in my mouth. Several patches in and many issues still exist, as a game 6 months after launch it is still unreliable in my opinion, add them all this up and yes it puts me off playing the game.

rayh271
12-11-2015, 18:15
i see patch 6 is being released for pc.........nothing about when console version out......but i tell you sms better have this sorted for this patch...or else

KK78
13-11-2015, 11:31
So 3 new events next week, fingers crossed!

Leonan
16-11-2015, 19:01
I'm downloading the 6.0 patch now. No mention in the patch notes that they've fixed this trophy, so I'm not holding out much hope that I'll get it this Friday.

GazzaGSi
17-11-2015, 08:46
I'm downloading the 6.0 patch now. No mention in the patch notes that they've fixed this trophy, so I'm not holding out much hope that I'll get it this Friday.

It isnt fixed in 6.0 so will be luck of the draw if you get it Friday. Asked yesterday:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/gazza14sr/IMG_20151116_125433.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/gazza14sr/media/IMG_20151116_125433.jpg.html)

Bealdor
18-11-2015, 14:13
For everybody who has issues unlocking the achievement, please try this:

If the Community Ambassador trophy hasn't unlocked for you yet, even though you met the requirement "Participated in 20 Driver Network Community Events" try the following:

1. Go to the Community Events section
2. Go to every event page you have taken part in
3. Check if you are on the leaderboard clicking the "Go to my time" icon

This will update the data in your profile and should unlock the trophy.

Fre.Mo
18-11-2015, 14:21

Ok, but what if our times are out of the 3000 entries and don t appear on the leaderboard anymore?

GazzaGSi
18-11-2015, 16:43
Ok, but what if our times are out of the 3000 entries and don t appear on the leaderboard anymore?

Plus the first 10 have now been removed from the event selection :( so can't view them anyway. Worth a try though, I'm open to all ideas to unlock this at the moment!

KK78
18-11-2015, 17:32

Well blow me down, I just did this for about 8 events and it unlocked the achievement, thank you Bealdor (or whoever's idea it was) I would kiss you but I don't kiss fish :) Hopefully others will try this and get success :D

I'm well chuffed now, thank you.

KK78
18-11-2015, 17:45

I don't think that matters, I basically pressed 'square' on 8 of the most recent events, about 3 came up with 'no recorded time' but the trophy still unlocked, I think the game recognises you entered the event even if your time is no longer in the top 3000. I could be wrong but it worked for me

rayh271
18-11-2015, 18:51

i have tried this....but only have 4 times on leaderboards from all events.....no trophy unlock for me.....i have entered every event......3 events on tomorro....so will try then

Maddux
18-11-2015, 21:05
Well blow me down, I just did this for about 8 events and it unlocked the achievement, thank you Bealdor (or whoever's idea it was) I would kiss you but I don't kiss fish :) Hopefully others will try this and get success :D

I'm well chuffed now, thank you.

Same for me, could not believe when the trophy unlocked. Glad the ordeal is over and l can now put this game away.

Thanks again for the tip.:)

ImStylinOnYaBro
19-11-2015, 03:18
@Bealdor you beautiful son of a gun, you!!!! thanks a load. that worked. *deletes game from system*

DarC
19-11-2015, 09:46
Yay! worked for me also :)

Mad LL
19-11-2015, 18:13
It worked for me too.
I raced 23 out of 28 events (#1 to #26 except #14, #15 and #20). I started the "Go to my time" click routine from the most recent event I participated in (#26) and it clinched on my second try (#25).

(Before pCARS' worldwide launch, I used the [F1] menu to reset my Steam achievements from the WMD days to start from a clean sheet.)

GazzaGSi
20-11-2015, 00:39
Finally just got this POS trophy.
Can happily say it will be the last time in the disc drive.

Thanks to those who helped with suggestions and/or methods to use try and get this to unlock.

rayh271
20-11-2015, 01:29
another 2 events done.....and guess what....still no trophy........4 clean laps in a row on first event....in the top 50 on leader board.............1 clean lap on 2nd event....(wasn't going to waste my time doing 4 laps on this event...take like 35 mins)....posted a time in top 100 on leader board..

cannot understand how people are getting this trophy by checking leader boards....do i have to wipe ghost data from my saves or something......

in all my years of gaming i never experienced such an absolute joke of a game......i must of played every racing game since pole position well back in the day and never any issues.........done with this game now.....i will break the disc in half......and i will post it back to sms....for a full refund.....because guess what i didn't break their game....it was broken when i purchased it....i suggest the community gets together now and demand a response from sms.....maybe we should all send our copies of this game back....(even the ones who have got the trophy...because i can guarantee they will never put this game back in their machines again.....after all the stress....and as for project cars 2.....are sms having a laugh

andycass
20-11-2015, 02:36
2 more events for me still not getting this final broken trophy. Like others have stated want to get this last trophy so i can get this game out of my machine once and for all.

Fre.Mo
20-11-2015, 08:26
2 more events for me still not getting this final broken trophy. Like others have stated want to get this last trophy so i can get this game out of my machine once and for all.

That's why the trophy doesn't unlock. They don't want you to leave...

GazzaGSi
20-11-2015, 12:23
Guys, I didn't get the trophy by doing the extra events.

I initially tried the 'find me' method that was suggested on every event from the latest event to the first. In total it found 9 events in the top 3000. Anyway, the trophy didn't unlock like it hadn't for some trying this method so turned off and was waiting for the latest 2 events. Throughout the day people were saying the 'find me' method was working so I tried again and nothing.
Booted the console up at midnight and was afew minutes early for the event start time so thought I'd go through the 'find me' technique again, I was gob smacked that the trophy popped and I didn't do anything differently at all. This is how fucked up this trophy is. I repeated the same thing 3 times throughout the day and it eventually unlocked.

Finally no more need to boot this crap up every week now.

Leonan
21-11-2015, 06:28
I tried the 'Find me' method. Didn't work :(

GazzaGSi
21-11-2015, 11:45

It worked on the 3Rd or 4th try for me on the same day! Nothing different at all, just shows how messed up this is.

rayh271
21-11-2015, 23:09
It worked on the 3Rd or 4th try for me on the same day! Nothing different at all, just shows how messed up this is.

did you keep resetting your ps4...after each run.....i have tried well over 20 times plus now and cant get it to work.....i have entered every event since launch....aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh this is so frustrating

rayh271
21-11-2015, 23:19

i know.....i taught it was just me.......sms are claiming they solved this......they didnt some player discovered it...and posted it on lots of different forums.....and now sms/project cars are claiming they fixed it on twitter....there claiming they fixed it in patch 6.0.....i didnt see anything to suggest it had been fixed in the patch 6.0 release notes.....(and by the way patch 6.0 was released before this solution surfaced online......if its true what sms/project cars claim about patch 6.0.....then why wouldn't they inform the very angry project cars community that they had a fix comming in patch 6.0.........??????????..........because they hadnt found a solution and thats fact

GazzaGSi
21-11-2015, 23:33
did you keep resetting your ps4...after each run.....i have tried well over 20 times plus now and cant get it to work.....i have entered every event since launch....aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh this is so frustrating

Yeah in between each time I tried the PS4 was off for acouple of hours.

i know.....i taught it was just me.......sms are claiming they solved this......they didnt some player discovered it...and posted it on lots of different forums.....and now sms/project cars are claiming they fixed it on twitter....there claiming they fixed it in patch 6.0.....i didnt see anything to suggest it had been fixed in the patch 6.0 release notes.....(and by the way patch 6.0 was released before this solution surfaced online......if its true what sms/project cars claim about patch 6.0.....then why wouldn't they inform the very angry project cars community that they had a fix comming in patch 6.0.........??????????..........because they hadnt found a solution and thats fact

If they are saying that they're blatantly lying because I posted in this thread acouple of pages back a tweet I sent them after 6.0 was live asking if there was an update to the community Ambassador trophy problem and the reply said they're still trying to pin it down, it's taking longer than expected.

Skyone
21-11-2015, 23:54
Yea that is what they're claiming. Its here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42262-Workaround-for-Community-Ambassador-Trophy-Achievement

GazzaGSi
22-11-2015, 00:06
Yea that is what they're claiming. Its here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42262-Workaround-for-Community-Ambassador-Trophy-Achievement

Asked the day the patch came out and no 'work around' was mentioned. Poor show claiming other people's ideas and that they implemented something when the response I got was that they hadn't.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/gazza14sr/IMG_20151116_125433.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/gazza14sr/media/IMG_20151116_125433.jpg.html)
(16/11/15)

rayh271
22-11-2015, 00:54
and sms/project cars think that people will be really interested in project cars 2......they might as well bin this now because who on earth is going to trust a company who....... hasnt got a clue how to treat there customers.......by first selling them a broken game, secondly not acknowledging the problem exists....(which i may point out is going on months now)....and not responding to players concerns over this trophy on here, Facebook, twitter and so on........now thirdly blatantly misleading us about a fix for the game that they claim they fixed...........(in other words treating us like fools)......when they clearly they didnt fix it.......they have well and truly shot themselves in the foot the way they have handled this.....and id say the rest if not most of the community feels the same way as me.....

.....also there are lots of other issues.....like broken dlc.....i bought the first dlc which didnt work when it launched also
.....also i bought a 3 months PlayStation plus account.....(like many others probably)...to get a platinum in this game....so when you think about it i have spent a lot of money on this broken product.....

i understand games can be broken/glitched at launch....if the company had responded in kind to peoples concerns about this and other issues within the game.....people would have understood....given sms/project cars time to resolve this.....but the way this has been handled by this particular company....is extremely disappointing and very misleading......i wonder what sony and microsoft think about this.........?????????????

Elmo
22-11-2015, 07:40
For those not getting the unlock: Does it show that you have posted times for those events or are the times missing on them all together?

Skyone
22-11-2015, 11:18
What about the first 10 or so events that are now gone from the event page? And surely "Participated in 20 Driver Network Community Events" doesn't mean you have to place in the top 3000.

rayh271
22-11-2015, 19:35
For those not getting the unlock: Does it show that you have posted times for those events or are the times missing on them all together?

why does this matter.....???.....i have only 6 times on the leaderboards......but have over 30 ghost save data.....to prove i have entered theses events.......as skyone says in his post below

What about the first 10 or so events that are now gone from the event page? And surely "Participated in 20 Driver Network Community Events" doesn't mean you have to place in the top 3000

exactly spot on....only have to enter events not list a time on leader boards

elmo do you work at slightly mad studios?

GazzaGSi
23-11-2015, 02:15
Top 3k on the leaderboards doesn't matter, I only had 9 IIRC when checking completed events.

KK78
23-11-2015, 09:41
Top 3k on the leaderboards doesn't matter, I only had 9 IIRC when checking completed events.

Yeah this can't be a factor, as when I got it many of the leader boards had no time registered. I think the trophy is just badly glitched, bad programming or whatever because it has fallen upon some random fella to find something which works for some. I honestly don't think SMS know what is wrong with it, hell it doesn't work properly across all 3 platforms. I think the method of refreshing events works because it tricks the system somehow so I'd keep trying as it likely the best resolution we can hope for.

Fre.Mo
24-11-2015, 06:00
27 events for me and still no trophy. I tryed the "find me" method several times but it didn' t work...

rayh271
24-11-2015, 14:07
27 events for me and still no trophy. I tryed the "find me" method several times but it didn' t work...

i know so frustrating......sms think were just going to go away and forget about this

andycass
27-11-2015, 10:58
Another event and still no trophy. Keep up the good work SMS.

Bealdor
27-11-2015, 11:11
Another event and still no trophy. Keep up the good work SMS.

Have you already tried this workaround (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42262-Workaround-for-Community-Ambassador-Trophy-Achievement)?

rayh271
28-11-2015, 16:48
Have you already tried this workaround (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42262-Workaround-for-Community-Ambassador-Trophy-Achievement)?

this only works for some people.....by fluke....and is not a fix

done the latest event and still no trophy

Fre.Mo
30-11-2015, 11:31
I have done the latest event and still no trophy here too...
More difficult to unlock than the "I am in the 5%" trophy.

andycass
30-11-2015, 17:45
The trophy's tied in with DLC. That's why their in no rush to fix it. Maybe if they just sold the trophy with the next lump of DLC.

rayh271
04-12-2015, 00:05
another 2 events done today and still no trophy.......totally unacceptable....i just purchased a new playstation plus yesterday....what a waste.....im currently contacting sony regarding this matter.....not the fact i purchased a playstation plus sub......the fact that sms are not responding and have mis sold to customers.....woulndnt think sony will be to impressed about this......deosnt look good for the sony brand name....or microsoft for that matter......i plan to contact microsoft tommorrow about this also

sms i wont let this go

rayh271
04-12-2015, 00:06
The trophy's tied in with DLC. That's why their in no rush to fix it. Maybe if they just sold the trophy with the next lump of DLC.

yeah think your right.......

very unprofessional sms are....and will be out of business soon....because who is going to purchase any of their future games...if this is how they treat their customers......anybody for project cars 2....sign me up immediately...no chance...thats when we gamers will be able to turn the tables on them when they are about to launch project cars 2.....by kindly providing links to this thread and lots of other threads.....and complaints.....on lots of different forums, platforms twitter, Facebook......people will be able to see for themselves what kind of company they are dealing with.....lets see how many copies of project cars 2 they sell then.....

Leonan
08-12-2015, 08:10
FINALLY GOT IT!!!

http://i.imgur.com/8dghtX8.jpg

I've been doing the 'Find me' workaround almost every day since it was discovered, and the trophy finally popped for me today :D

rayh271
10-12-2015, 16:41
FINALLY GOT IT!!!

http://i.imgur.com/8dghtX8.jpg

I've been doing the 'Find me' workaround almost every day since it was discovered, and the trophy finally popped for me today :D

good to hear you got it

did you just select the events you have a time registered on the leaderboards.....or did you select every event

Leonan
11-12-2015, 05:35
did you just select the events you have a time registered on the leaderboards.....or did you select every event

I selected every event.

rayh271
14-12-2015, 18:57
I selected every event.

i have tried this every day multiple times...for the last few days....stilll wont pop............update 7.0 was released but still no mention of a fix.......beyond a joke at this stage

tr_raptor
28-12-2015, 14:04
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got it today. I tried the "Find me" method three times a week since it's been found. I refreshed every event even the ones I've never been on the leaderboad or I didn't participated them (except the DLC ones). So guys, DON'T STOP TRYING. It took months but it finally unlocked when I totally lost my hope.

rayh271
09-01-2016, 23:03
im still trying it everyday too with no luck yet

rayh271
15-01-2016, 00:26
finally got the trophy....what i done was refresh the previous event leaderboard....then entered tonights event....only did 1 clean lap.....quit session....and then it finally pooped...finally have platium....just hope everybody on here who has not got the trophy yet somehow manages to get it......finally i can get rid of this awful stressful game now and throw it in the bin....you couldnt give away

domo_v2
20-01-2016, 10:46
I will be getting this game in a few days, should I wait before attempting this trophy as reading this, I understand this is a problem

Thoughts?

rayh271
27-01-2016, 20:54
wouldnt bother mate....dont think you will be able to complete it 100%.....dont think there having anymore community events.....you need 20 for that trophy........and the way this company has treated its customers is a disgrace.....and i will certainly not be buying project cars too purely for this reason....i would have sent you my copy....but i put it in the bin when i finally got the trophy

MikieBoy147
08-02-2016, 09:39
Still waiting for more community events, have only done 12 since I started playing this rubbish back in October'15 and its my last trophy for the plat. How can they sell a game that you can't get the trophies for? Had the 24hr trophy glitch in the pit lane twice at 10hrs and 23hrs and now this, I just want this whole miserable game done with.

Klan Saito
18-11-2016, 20:03
I complete more than 20 race time laps on community events and no got trophy yet. But im curious about experience profile data. There is a Community points in blue color and I have 4.87 now. From who got it trophy, how much is this points? Its relative to trophy?

ElBolovo
01-12-2016, 03:55
I complete more than 20 race time laps on community events and no got trophy yet. But im curious about experience profile data. There is a Community points in blue color and I have 4.87 now. From who got it trophy, how much is this points? Its relative to trophy?

It's in fact hours played in community events. For some reason, an hour has "'100 36-seconds minutes". I got 24 events and still no trophy and no answer. Nice support from the devs.

Executioner0
02-01-2017, 09:46
Please, if no-one can fix the trophy, someone give us a new set of events for 2017, or simply re-do the old ones and change the date ranges if that's easier so we can get some more and complete the requirements.

Bealdor
02-01-2017, 18:14
There will be new events in 2017 as part of the ongoing esport series.

Executioner0
02-01-2017, 20:24
Yes, but will there be another 20 at least? It appears the counter doesn't work across different seasons.

ElBolovo
08-01-2017, 05:16
Yes, but will there be another 20 at least? It appears the counter doesn't work across different seasons.

Exactly my doubt. Also, you could keep 2016 registry so we can do the workaround fix.

Executioner0
17-01-2017, 22:27
Also, you could keep 2016 registry so we can do the workaround fix.
It appears they kept some of the events from last year, but some have disappeared, meaning I only show up on 10 of the existing 17 events I had times in. Luckily there appears to be enough events now total for me to complete this in the next couple of months (assuming the trophy actually works.)

ElBolovo
23-01-2017, 05:09
It appears they kept some of the events from last year, but some have disappeared, meaning I only show up on 10 of the existing 17 events I had times in. Luckily there appears to be enough events now total for me to complete this in the next couple of months (assuming the trophy actually works.)

Well, i got mine in the first one of these 2017 events. I completed it and the trophy (along with the platinum) popped. The funny thing is, I had only 15 events posted on the wall, so the counter is wackier than I thought. I'm not complaining though. Good luck with your quest, I bet you will also get it.