PDA

View Full Version : P CARS XBONE...

Pages : [1] 2

EMW Simmo
01-08-2015, 22:26
Why is the better game always worse???
Pcars destroys Forza fact, but its put together so poorly on Xbone, i can see myself n many others going back to a game that is actually worse, due to the fact that its proven too work.
I know the SMS team are doing a great job...fixing/Dlc/everything under the sun but it just isnt working on xbone.
Great game, without doubt the best racer ive ever played, physics/tyre model/sounds etc etc.....But at the end of the day how long can you keep playing a game that gives so much but offers so little?
Im probably one of P cars biggest fans but even im struggling to keep playing, long after many have already given up, im the one saying come on get back on, wait for the next patch etc n so on.
But seriousley i think its beyond patching on the xbone and even say a year on from now will it be that much better?
PCars raises the bar for me, great but not a great game....I hope im wrong i really do.

Rockefelluh
01-08-2015, 22:53
can see myself n many others going back to a game that is actually worse, due to the fact that its proven too work.

This, this is my feels at the moment. The polish is almost good enough to make it better.

RTA nOsKiLlS
02-08-2015, 03:19
Am I missing something here? I've been playing it all day, multiplayer and crashing a Capri on Nordschleife quite a bit.

My only real issue with the game is the lag during qualifying, and the over heating tyres after so few laps.

People join and leave lots of other games while the game is in progress and there isn't a massive lag. Could you imagine playing CoD and it lags for 5-10 seconds just because some noob rage quits, or someone joins in half way through. It just doesn't lag like this game. I've never played a game that lags like this does, and yet its usually perfectly smooth during a race. If its down to people with crappy connections....Well I should be able to filter out the high pingers so its a lag free lobby.

To say the game doesn't work is simply wrong.

:)

Scav3nger
02-08-2015, 03:53
To say the game doesn't work is simply wrong.

It's a very interesting problem though. Consoles by design are unified architecture in both hardware and software, they're not like a PC where you have hundreds of thousands of hardware variations and millions of possibilities when it comes to software clashes. Yet we are finding that this game is working differently for different people on a console that is supposed to be the same for everyone. How is one person getting crashes to dashboard in almost every session one night, while others in the same lobby aren't? How are others running into issues with pit stops and car tunes while others aren't? On something that is supposed to be exactly the same for everyone these issues cannot be hardware related. Pretty much the only difference hardware-wise on the Xbox is whether someone is running the game on the internal hard drive or an external one.

DECATUR PLAYA
02-08-2015, 04:23
It's a very interesting problem though. Consoles by design are unified architecture in both hardware and software, they're not like a PC where you have hundreds of thousands of hardware variations and millions of possibilities when it comes to software clashes. Yet we are finding that this game is working differently for different people on a console that is supposed to be the same for everyone. How is one person getting crashes to dashboard in almost every session one night, while others in the same lobby aren't? How are others running into issues with pit stops and car tunes while others aren't? On something that is supposed to be exactly the same for everyone these issues cannot be hardware related. Pretty much the only difference hardware-wise on the Xbox is whether someone is running the game on the internal hard drive or an external one.

This is crazy. I got that lag out buddy we thought at one time that he was rage quitting. Also the locked drive/locked view glitch I just don't get a lot. I have gotten it but everything normally works fine for me. My biggest problem was the frame rate stutter but I haven't had it since 2.0. As far as lag from guys entering and leaving get used to it peer to peer did the same thing in nascar 09. They may be able to smooth it but it will probably always be there COD is server based.

mrbrownnose
02-08-2015, 04:41
The list of bugs in this game is longer than GT6' cars list. And then they want us to buy Pcars2. GFY

Rockefelluh
02-08-2015, 04:51
This is crazy. I got that lag out buddy we thought at one time that he was rage quitting. Also the locked drive/locked view glitch I just don't get a lot. I have gotten it but everything normally works fine for me. My biggest problem was the frame rate stutter but I haven't had it since 2.0. As far as lag from guys entering and leaving get used to it peer to peer did the same thing in nascar 09. They may be able to smooth it but it will probably always be there COD is server based.

Get used to the lag from in and out of lobbies? And your reasoning is a nascar game from 09? That doesn't even come close to an excuse for the driving interruption.

Also surprised you haven't seen stutter once since the game came out. I play about 7 hours a week and still notice it every couple hours.

Scav3nger
02-08-2015, 06:12
Also surprised you haven't seen stutter once since the game came out.

He did say he hasn't had the stutter since 2.0 came out.

Also the locked drive/locked view glitch I just don't get a lot. I have gotten it but everything normally works fine for me.

This is exactly what I mean, occasionally you get, occasionally I get it, but never at the same time (read: only one or two drivers get it, the rest of a lobby are fine), and never at the same frequency. Making it very hard to nail down exactly what it is that's causing it.

Dresden
02-08-2015, 07:55
I must be playing a different game from my fellow XBox gamers. I just spent a couple of hours practicing around Laguna Seca and loved every minute of it. Track detail, car noise, physics under cornering spot on, frame rate butter smooth, weather transition, again, great.

Hard to tell what the OP was referring to exactly, but I do have sympathy for those who have game breaking bugs. After years of playing Oblivion and Skyrim I know all about game breakers! I rarely play PCars online so if the problem lies there I guess Microsoft and Turn 10 are also playing a role. Lol.

bluesky0870
02-08-2015, 09:01
I must be playing a different game from my fellow XBox gamers. I just spent a couple of hours practicing around Laguna Seca and loved every minute of it. Track detail, car noise, physics under cornering spot on, frame rate butter smooth, weather transition, again, great.

That's a good one... lol. Practising is the only mode that is working satisfyingly as long as you don't start to tune your car.
Give the career mode a try or multiplayer and I guarantee that you'll experience a large variety of flaws, bugs, issues and minor problems that are turning enjoyment into frustration regularly.

Scav3nger
02-08-2015, 09:18
Practising is the only mode that is working satisfyingly as long as you don't start to tune your car.

And I'm willing to bet the majority of people did not buy it intending for it to be solely a hot-lap simulator.

TAGS Battfink
02-08-2015, 10:14
Pointless because you complain while not complaining for a full 5 paragraphs and make no effort to actually substantiate your opinions. I find very few problems w pcars on xbone and continue to play and enjoy it almost daily.

Same here, i dont doubt theres issues, i experience a few myself, but the game is hardly broken, in fact it runs amazingly well since the last patch

wearymick
02-08-2015, 12:50
Lol. Forum favoured trolls aside, the game is maybe too ambitious for its own good. I don't think it will ever be really finished. Whether that's a problem for you probably depends on how you use it and how many corners you explore. On XB1 it seems to have more than its fair share of issues though. It would be nice if more of the basics were solid, but it has a lot to offer in its details, if you get what I mean. :)

BorisTheFrog
02-08-2015, 13:01
On XB1 it seems to have more than its fair share of issues though. It would be nice if more of the basics were solid, but it has a lot to offer in its details, if you get what I mean. :)
That's probably about right. It's funny because I saw a comment from Im Sorry (in another thread) and didn't think too much of it at the time.

"I've gave up on the game doing anything correctly. "

On reflection it kinda makes you wonder how many tens of thousands of people have done exactly the same thing - and how much of a different story it could have been if the day one release on Xbox would have been as good as PCars on the other two formats. A forum full of great things is far more interesting than one full of, erm, not so great things.

Scav3nger
02-08-2015, 13:55
Do I still enjoy the game? Yes. Am I still frustrated as hell by the bugs? Yes.

This just about sums it up, when the game is running well it's a blast, the problem is all the bugs that stop it from running well.

Looking forward to seeing what's fixed in the next patch, if they can at least nail down the set ups, pit strategies, and JIP gremlins (not being able to drive and so forth) it'd go a long way to making it a much better experience.

giulianbu
02-08-2015, 14:02
the most serious of the bugs guys' xbox one is saving broken, I hope that does not happen to you but I think that sooner or later it will happen, I think that after several hours of play will present this serious bug, I lost 101 hours of career, I was in half game and I lost everything !!!!!!

EMW Simmo
02-08-2015, 14:37
well that went well, or not...
Im not a troll or fanboy and far from hate the game, infact i play P Cars alot more than most...As i said its by far the best racer ive played, but simply driving in test mode or free play is not enough, everything else just doesn't work.
So yes it might be the best but im sure alot of people including myself would rather play something that works even if it's alot worse.
I love racing games n never play anything else when im on the xbone, but PCars is so broken i end up playing some random game free with gold lol, along with what looks like alot of others...
It justs comes down to shall i put P Cars on ???.....answer is quite simply no, nothing to do/bored/bugs galore/no MP, because great physics/sounds/graphics are all irrelavent when the core of the game doesn't work...

Im Sorry
02-08-2015, 16:03
well that went well, or not...
Im not a troll or fanboy and far from hate the game, infact i play P Cars alot more than most...As i said its by far the best racer ive played, but simply driving in test mode or free play is not enough, everything else just doesn't work.
So yes it might be the best but im sure alot of people including myself would rather play something that works even if it's alot worse.
I love racing games n never play anything else when im on the xbone, but PCars is so broken i end up playing some random game free with gold lol, along with what looks like alot of others...
It justs comes down to shall i put P Cars on ???.....answer is quite simply no, nothing to do/bored/bugs galore/no MP, because great physics/sounds/graphics are all irrelavent when the core of the game doesn't work...

Couldn't agree with you more.

Brent G
02-08-2015, 16:31
At release I had virtually no issues apart from the control problem and what bugs there was were getting squashed in an upcoming patch. I was forever bigging the game up and telling others they were wrong when they complained about things I didn't suffer from. Now were 3 odd months in and not only is there issues that still havent been addressed there a host of new ones. So for me a game I had virtually no issues with is now a game that I can only race certain cars at certain tracks and only at race weekends without lengthy set ups or work-arounds. I go to work at 5 am so the last thing I want of an evening is to have to mess around for 20 mins just to do a 10 miniute qualifying session. My point is that all the ones who try to tell us were wrong and that the games fine should just stop and think how they would feel were they suffering the issues that many of us are. Believe me things can change with a single patch as a game I once absolutely loved is now one that I'm beginning to hate just for the frustration its issues bring.

EMW Grogan
02-08-2015, 16:48
At release I had virtually no issues apart from the control problem and what bugs there was were getting squashed in an upcoming patch. I was forever bigging the game up and telling others they were wrong when they complained about things I didn't suffer from. Now were 3 odd months in and not only is there issues that still havent been addressed there a host of new ones. So for me a game I had virtually no issues with is now a game that I can only race certain cars at certain tracks and only at race weekends without lengthy set ups or work-arounds. I go to work at 5 am so the last thing I want of an evening is to have to mess around for 20 mins just to do a 10 miniute qualifying session. My point is that all the ones who try to tell us were wrong and that the games fine should just stop and think how they would feel were they suffering the issues that many of us are. Believe me things can change with a single patch as a game I once absolutely loved is now one that I'm beginning to hate just for the frustration its issues bring.

Takes a big man to admit he was wrong. But in reality you were mislead.

o Mike V o
02-08-2015, 17:44
I have given up until the xbox update in the fall.

FA RACING 01
02-08-2015, 21:20
I have given up until the xbox update in the fall.

Seems like I'm taking a vacation too. Like Brent I had no issues. Then since Patch 2 career got mixed up, TX wheel destroyed itself and today TT's just freezes about every 9 out of 10 times. Looks like taking a break will work best or buy another platform.

Im Sorry
02-08-2015, 21:34
I have been playing less and less.Unless updates come a bit quicker and the major problem's get addressed soon, its going to be the last I spend on Project cars.New cars and tracks need put aside until things are sorted properly!

Im Sorry
02-08-2015, 22:06
That's probably about right. It's funny because I saw a comment from Im Sorry (in another thread) and didn't think too much of it at the time.

"I've gave up on the game doing anything correctly. "

On reflection it kinda makes you wonder how many tens of thousands of people have done exactly the same thing - and how much of a different story it could have been if the day one release on Xbox would have been as good as PCars on the other two formats. A forum full of great things is far more interesting than one full of, erm, not so great things.

Agree with you up to a point.But read the threads on ps4 and PC.Full of bugs just like Xbox.
There is a lot of competition coming soon for this game so I hope they sort things out fast!

Plato99
02-08-2015, 23:24
I have been playing less and less.Unless updates come a bit quicker and the major problem's get addressed soon, its going to be the last I spend on Project cars.New cars and tracks need put aside until things are sorted properly!

Ditto. Realisation kicked in big time this weekend.
Sure, its pretty. Sure it handles beautifully.
But even I can see the ever growing list of bugs, annoyances, quirks, and downright weird shit that stops us doing what we're supposed to do is just too big to expect anything near the prize we dreamed of back in May.

Here's a reality check - According to my Online Driver profile I have entered over 2500 online races whereas in reality I have entered NONE, due to the game never finding a lobby for me to race in or when I do get one, the Drive button is greyed out. Sorry, but that is crap by anyone's standards.

So frustrated with this now. Its got so much potential it's literally upsetting!

Umer Ahmad
03-08-2015, 03:07
Just FYI guys, the "LOCKED DRIVE" button is fixed. Since PC-only patch 2.5 I have not had this issue anymore. You should get this fix in the next console patch 3.0

Rockefelluh
03-08-2015, 03:55
Just FYI guys, the "LOCKED DRIVE" button is fixed. Since PC-only patch 2.5 I have not had this issue anymore. You should get this fix in the next console patch 3.0

Where can we find the latest news on patch 3.0? Updated list of fixes, etc.

AdM1
03-08-2015, 03:59
Couldn't agree with op more, sad to say Forza will 100% be getting my money at release.. And if the bugs aren't fixed on this not sure I'd bother coming back.

Shame really as mentioned it's an amazing game under all the bugs, just hope they don't rush PC2 and release it in a state as I'm sure I'll be getting that too.

Rockefelluh
03-08-2015, 04:44
Couldn't agree with op more, sad to say Forza will 100% be getting my money at release.. And if the bugs aren't fixed on this not sure I'd bother coming back.

Shame really as mentioned it's an amazing game under all the bugs, just hope they don't rush PC2 and release it in a state as I'm sure I'll be getting that too.

Why make a statement that you will buy a game which is at least 2 years away. Game companies know there are people who will buy a game no matter what. And then they release unpolished games.

Beltoon
03-08-2015, 09:24
Too bad this game didn't turn out what everyone was hoping for. We're almost 3 months in and the game is still far from finished. I can live with a lot of bugs but the multiplayer of this game is in such a dreadful condition. We, a group who've been racing together for years, have given up on this game. Games should be fun, entertaining and competitive. The only competitive feature about this game is whether you can complete a race without the game breaking down. If everything works it's the best racer we've seen on console, these moments are quite rare unfortunately.

The structure of online racing, the physics and the tracks did ruin racegames for me. I've bought every copy of PGR and Forza and always loved the games. After pCARS I don't see myself going back to Forza... I hope SMS will get their shit together because it's a waste to see this game die a lonely death.

MysterG
03-08-2015, 09:31
Too bad this game didn't turn out what everyone was hoping for. We're almost 3 months in and the game is still far from finished. I can live with a lot of bugs but the multiplayer of this game is in such a dreadful condition. We, a group who've been racing together for years, have given up on this game. Games should be fun, entertaining and competitive. The only competitive feature about this game is whether you can complete a race without the game breaking down. If everything works it's the best racer we've seen on console, these moments are quite rare unfortunately.

The structure of online racing, the physics and the tracks did ruin racegames for me. I've bought every copy of PGR and Forza and always loved the games. After pCARS I don't see myself going back to Forza... I hope SMS will get their shit together because it's a waste to see this game die a lonely death.

Enough of the drama. With the on going support and patches and new multiplayer leagues and events appearing in the MP sections here every day pCARS is far from "dying a lonely death".

o2R Dsquared 07
03-08-2015, 09:47
I absolutely love this game and have no intentions of moving away from it anytime soon. I imagine I'll play it up until PCars 2 release. I've been a forza addict but have more fun driving in this game than I ever had in forza. I play in a simple way. Mainly just doing a bit of tuning and racing against the AI. Occasionally a private lobby with friends. I've played very little online and maybe that's why I've not been frustrated by the game. I'm not bored playing the way I'm playing, however, far from it. If you're a true fan of games that endeavour to simulate the real physics of driving cars and racing, you're just shooting yourself in the foot to walk away.

Beltoon
03-08-2015, 09:50
Enough of the drama. With the on going support and patches and new multiplayer leagues and events appearing in the MP sections here every day pCARS is far from "dying a lonely death".

Apparently we experience the game differently. There's only a handful of people left in our group and as you might have guessed, I'm certainly not one of them. For you I hope the PC version is a lot better because the XB1 version is a joke. I'm looking forward to 3.0 but I'm also anxious that it will bring just as much trouble as 2.0. I hope SMS will be able to fix this broken game because behind this pile of "drama" there lies a beautiful game waiting to be revealed.

I absolutely love this game and have no intentions of moving away from it anytime soon. I imagine I'll play it up until PCars 2 release. I've been a forza addict but have more fun driving in this game than I ever had in forza. I play in a simple way. Mainly just doing a bit of tuning and racing against the AI. Occasionally a private lobby with friends. I've played very little online and maybe that's why I've not been frustrated by the game. I'm not bored playing the way I'm playing, however, far from it. If you're a true fan of games that endeavour to simulate the real physics of driving cars and racing, you're just shooting yourself in the foot to walk away.

That explains why you experience this game differently. I haven't touched the single player yet. From the 90 hours I've played online probably over 60 we're in a private lobby. There hasn't been a night without any problems. If there are more than 8 people online it's a recipe for disaster.

I get what you mean with the last sentence, the physics are amazing (close racing would be better without the glue paint) but in the current state it's unplayable. I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than throw my wheel out the window out of pure frustration.

Scav3nger
03-08-2015, 10:06

Which will come first, patch 3.0 or Forza 6? If it's anything like the last one, we'll be waiting until half way through September for 3.0.

Beltoon
03-08-2015, 10:12
Which will come first, patch 3.0 or Forza 6? If it's anything like the last one, we'll be waiting until half way through September for 3.0.

I wouldn't expect 3.0 to hit XB1 before Forza is released. PC and PS4 will probably get it earlier though. If it's any good we'll read it somewhere here on this forum. If not the game spends another couple months collecting dust. Such a shame.

Lagoa
03-08-2015, 12:16
Rofl, offcourse patch 3.0 will be released in august. What concers the game, I haven't touched MP since release. Because I know it's hopeless. But there will come a point I will become a little bored of SP. And I will then switch to MP... Let's hope by then it works.. :P

Lagoa
03-08-2015, 12:44
And as somewhat said earlier.. This game ruined Forza for me.. Don't see myself going back to that game. I've had some insane intense races on this game. Despite all the bugs and stuff... Love it.

AdM1
03-08-2015, 14:05

Ignorance is bliss?

AdM1
03-08-2015, 14:10

Lol exactly. If someone doesn't pull a finger out somewhere in the next 6 months the Project cars player base on xbox will surely become near non existent. 3 months after release. I'd be embarassed at some of the trivial bugs we're still facing.

This isn't a hate thing either, with near 400 hours its purely frustration. I like the game but I cant play it if it doesn't work properly.

Brent G
03-08-2015, 15:25
Lol exactly. If someone doesn't pull a finger out somewhere in the next 6 months the Project cars player base on xbox will surely become near non existent. 3 months after release. I'd be embarassed at some of the trivial bugs we're still facing.

This isn't a hate thing either, with near 400 hours its purely frustration. I like the game but I cant play it if it doesn't work properly.

Barring the last few days Ive played pCars daily but that doesn't detract from the fact that its clearly massively unfinished. There so much more that the game should offer me than race weekends on repeat, or at least thats what was advertised to me prior to handing over my 60.

bodyshop
03-08-2015, 16:42
Barring the last few days Ive played pCars daily but that doesn't detract from the fact that its clearly massively unfinished. There so much more that the game should offer me than race weekends on repeat, or at least thats what was advertised to me prior to handing over my 60.

Few of my mates since i told them patch 2.0 improved things to at least playable have picked up limited editions for 20-25 ..... theres alot being traded... for 60 its an outrage, for 25 its worth it for the UK tracks alone in my opinion... lesson? don't pre order and wait till month or so and get traded in game with the major patches... I pray they never ever ban trade ins..... developers HATE it though!! :D

snewkirk2
03-08-2015, 16:45
I ask that everyone who thinks the game is perfectly fine to try and participate in an online series. The lack of multiplayer support over 10 drivers destroys this game for me and anyone else running in a series. The other night we had to split 12 drivers into separate lobbies because any time the 10th driver entered the lobby, a different driver would get kicked from it. Think of how exciting it is to run 35 laps against 5 other drivers on Catalyuna GP. This example is not a one off, it happens every time we try to run a race. On top of that madness, there are the pit bugs. Our series admin had to revamp his rules to allow for the drivers to finish the race without pitting. This brings up this point.... Please tell me why my 60$+ is less important than someone's most likely lower priced Steam version of the game. They get 2.5, we get to wait indefinitely.

I got this game for multiplayer racing, not hot lapping a poorly thought out leader board where you're running GT3 laps against group 5s or GT1x's. - oh boy, now I'm just on a rant

Let me circle back to the OP's point, I agree with everything said except the better than Forza comment. To be better than Forza, the game would have to be fully functioning. My PC friends are fortunate enough to experience this game in a "better than Forza" state, which is why I still hold out hope for the game and they rarely run races with me on the One. I fear that if this game is not fixed prior to FM6, it will die on the Xbox1, which would be a shame considering the potential it has.

KK78
03-08-2015, 17:08
Interesting reading here Xboxers, I own a XOne but I have PCars on the PS4 and I have read a lot of the comments here and found myself nodding in agreement and that all is not well in Sony land either. The thing is, after 80 hours play, I find it really hard to succinctly describe why I'm often very frustrated by this game. Sure there is a long long list of issues that I'll not bore everyone with as they seem reasonably consistent across both platforms though I understand the Xone is quite a lot worse in several areas, but more than that the game is just, well, kind of a bit of a grind.

There are times when it is superb, a really enjoyable online race, an epic blast around an iconic track in career mode or that moment when you get the settings right and blitz a track in time trial mode. But as the sheen of the visuals, sounds and learning curve starts to melt away you are left with a multitude of frustrating and almost amateurish omissions/faults. Those epic moments start to become distant memories as the concept and ambition of the game smacks head first into the reality of it's limitations, limitations which I was able to ignore at first but now they make me want to switch it off and go play something that consistently just works right.

Yes consoles are not PCs and yes we have all, to a greater or lesser degree, had fun with it but now I'm left thinking just how long will it take to iron out the seemingly ever growing list of issues. I don't mean to sound harsh as I think SMS have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into the game but for me the bottom line is if a game is gonna take my money it needs to work well, consistently, within a reasonable amount of time. The arguments of 'well some are not having those issues', 'it works fine on PC' or 'be more patient' don't wash either from the off or several months down the line.

It's perhaps not broken but it as sure as hell no where near fully operational either.

Cliffyboy1962
03-08-2015, 19:58
Reasons I barely play Pcars anymore :-

Multiplayer has never (not even once) given me any satisfactory racing.

The leaderboards are not nearly extensive enough compared to Forza. (Forza used to and will provide hundreds of hours of massively varied hotlapping in a large range of different car classes and tracks)

No way to share tunes (used to love the fact that, no matter what car you purchased, there were lots of tunes available, if you are not into tuning)

No painting or sharing of paints. I love Pcars excellent sim physics but painting and upgrading are a welcome distraction that provides hours of entertainment.

Community events. Pcars community events always seems to be something that is either coming or has already expired. The few times I have looked here, there is nothing to do.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the excellent simulation that Pcars is but unfortunately as a game it doesn't entertain for long enough for me to want to keep coming back.

Looking forward immensely to Forza 6.

EMW Simmo
03-08-2015, 20:44
Cant say im looking forward too FM6 either as i know its basically FM5 with more content...
And here lies the problem, after playing P cars, Forza is just, well underwhelming to say the least, i mean i actually think we could be left in a situation where FM6 works but has the physics of a dead donkey, n P cars the polar opposite....Oh dear could be a bad few years for racing fans...

Cliffyboy1962
03-08-2015, 20:50
Forza may not be as accurate a sim as Pcars but "the physics of a dead donkey" ? I seriously doubt it.

Lagoa
03-08-2015, 21:33
Forza 6 looks boring as hell tho... I'd play buggy Pcars over that any day.

smokinmasta
03-08-2015, 21:39
For those saying MP doesnt work.........................id agree that Xbox experience isnt the best (Live can be a bag of shite on most game TBH).

We're into round 5 next week and have some decent close racing - im in the SLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL4-EzIjOgY

smokinmasta
03-08-2015, 21:42
PS i have PC AND Xbox versions as most of my online peeps are on the Xbone and weve raced together on Forza since FM2. Pcars has got us back into racing again after the very pretty but poor FM5

Scav3nger
04-08-2015, 00:55
Forza 6 looks boring as hell tho... I'd play buggy Pcars over that any day.

Have you played it yet? I'm avoiding commenting on Forza 6 until I actually play it. Right now I can't see it being much of a worse experience than I've had with Project CARS so far on the Xbox One.

PS i have PC AND Xbox versions as most of my online peeps are on the Xbone and weve raced together on Forza since FM2. Pcars has got us back into racing again after the very pretty but poor FM5

Do you play it much on the PC even though you race more on the Xbox? I found the PC and Xbox versions to be so different I just couldn't race on both. Now, because of the state it's in on the Xbox I don't really play it at all on either platform. On PC I've moved to Assetto Corsa and Stock Car Extreme.

widcard
04-08-2015, 01:17
For those saying MP doesnt work.........................id agree that Xbox experience isnt the best (Live can be a bag of shite on most game TBH).

We're into round 5 next week and have some decent close racing - im in the SLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL4-EzIjOgY

Man you PC guys seriously need to stay out of the xbox forums. please don't compare.

Haiden
04-08-2015, 04:03
Have you played it yet? I'm avoiding commenting on Forza 6 until I actually play it. Right now I can't see it being much of a worse experience than I've had with Project CARS so far on the Xbox One.

I haven't played it, but I've seen actual gameplay online. Logoa is right. It does look boring as hell. Watching actual game footage tells you a lot about the graphics and sound. Even if it handles well, the graphics and sound are pretty much the same as Forza 5, and the rain effects are seriously lacking compared to PCars and F1 2015. Don't know what the career mode is like, but I'm not interested in grinding my way up to get the cars I want, and I couldn't care less about Forza Vista. Out of the 400 cars they tout, I'll be lucky if I care to drive 40 of them. I'll probably buy it anyway, but not on release. I'll wait, and maybe pick up a used copy.

Scav3nger
04-08-2015, 10:15
Man you PC guys seriously need to stay out of the xbox forums. please don't compare.

I'm not sure he's talking about PC in his post, that video looks like it was Xbox (look at the shadow quality on the dash in the interior view), but there's only like, 6 cars in the race. The multiplayer seems stable enough until you pass 8 players, after that it becomes less and less stable.

It does look boring as hell.

Well that's fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'll still refrain from commenting either way until I've actually had a chance to play the game.

Haiden
04-08-2015, 14:35
I'm not sure he's talking about PC in his post, that video looks like it was Xbox (look at the shadow quality on the dash in the interior view), but there's only like, 6 cars in the race. The multiplayer seems stable enough until you pass 8 players, after that it becomes less and less stable.

Well that's fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'll still refrain from commenting either way until I've actually had a chance to play the game.

Key word "Looks". No one said it was. The statement implies final opinion is reserved. Think you're being a bit over critical. The whole point of developers making pre-release in game footage available and showing gameplay off at events is for people to comment on it...LOL. That's how the industry has worked for what...more than a decade? But by all means...refrain. :)

Plato99
04-08-2015, 14:49
The whole point of developers making pre-release in game footage available and showing gameplay off at events is for people to comment on it...

Yeah and we always fall for it too. Nowhere in those videos does it show bugs, glitches, online disconnects, or any of the other annoyances hiding under the varnished and polished exterior that have become so commonplace in modern gaming.........
Call my cynical, but.......... no just call me cynical.

Scav3nger
04-08-2015, 15:02
Key word "Looks".

Did you fail to notice that I made bold that exact word in Lagoa's post that I quoted?

KkDrummer
04-08-2015, 15:22
the fact is that PCars has improved after every patch released...now if you don;t trust SMS or simply don;t have the patience to wait a little longer until multiplayer is improved and pitstop bugs are fixed (it should happen in the coming weeks) you better play something else...

Haiden
04-08-2015, 17:29
the fact is that PCars has improved after every patch released...now if you don;t trust SMS or simply don;t have the patience to wait a little longer until multiplayer is improved and pitstop bugs are fixed (it should happen in the coming weeks) you better play something else...

I'm gonna wait. But the problem is not everyone will. In fact, a lot of people won't/aren't. They're fed up, and I can't fault them for not wanting to wait to enjoy the product they purchased. It's easy for me to wait, because my installation has been fairly stable. If I wasn't able to enjoy the game, it'd be a different story. It's been three months, and contrary to your belief, quite a few players are turning to other titles, and that means the PCars Xb1 community is dwindling. By the time MP is up and running, the community will have shrunk to the point where we'll still be pretty much limited to private sessions with friends, because the lobbies just don't have the numbers.

I get that SMS is fixing it, and I trust that they will. But don't make the mistake of thinking you're dealing with a captive audience. Players have choices, and asking for patience in today's society is almost a joke. New companies and products often succeed or fail by how well they generate and capitalize on momentum. There are countless examples of great products that failed because they stuttered, lost momentum, and by the time they came around, consumers had gone elsewhere or were too sour to give them another chance. The sooner these bugs and glitches are corrected the better, because the longer it takes, the harder it will be to get Xb1 players back to the game. And telling people they should be playing something else if they don't like the wait is exactly the kind of arrogance that kills great products.

EMW Grogan
04-08-2015, 17:43
Kk, what you say regarding patches is true and welcome but with the improvements have come other issues which require further patching to patch a patch...ughh that looks and sounds awfull lol

But the patience and its coming (maybe) is wearing thin and the trust comment i just dont get, my trust has already been destroyed by them as they released a game virtually crippled at launch. Now im not and have never said ive been ripped off or want a refund, i have wasted money many times on shit games, games i dont like and games that are just broken and no doubt i will do so again, you make a choice and take a chance as we all do with every purchase we make, the game is what it is.

SMS have created all the ingredients to make a stunning meal fit for royalty, but they have messed up the method and took it out of the oven way too early and served it on a bin lid.

PFalcon
04-08-2015, 18:44
So many comments on here implying the choice is simply between playing MP or hot lapping in SP. I do 80% of my PCars racing in SP against the AI. Most of the time 25-30 AI opponents. I have had way more than a few fantastic races against the AI, and that alone has given me plenty of enjoyment for my $50 investment in this game.

Yes, there are definitely issues with getting into a good stable lobby in MP, and I can count the number of great MP races I have experienced on one or two hands (though I did experience a great MP race with 13 participants a few days ago, with nobody kicked out and only 2 racers leaving mid-race because they were off the pace). Also, I have no interest in career mode, so bugs associated with that clearly don't bother me ;)

What's my point? Yes PCars has bugs; quite a few of them. I am sure some will be fixed in a patch eventually, while others never get fixed. But bugs or no bugs, I think PCars is a fantastic racing sim, and I have much more than gotten my $$$'s worth out of it to this point. Some people will jump to Forza 6 when it comes out. I will not. I know what it "feels" like to drive in PCars and Forza will never give me that feeling. I don't care about painting my virtual cars. I don't car about customizing my virtual cars. I just want to drive! When it comes to driving physics and immersion, PCars gets an A+.

KK78
04-08-2015, 18:53
I'm gonna wait. But the problem is not everyone will. In fact, a lot of people won't/aren't. They're fed up, and I can't fault them for not wanting to wait to enjoy the product they purchased. It's easy for me to wait, because my installation has been fairly stable. If I wasn't able to enjoy the game, it'd be a different story. It's been three months, and contrary to your belief, quite a few players are turning to other titles, and that means the PCars Xb1 community is dwindling. By the time MP is up and running, the community will have shrunk to the point where we'll still be pretty much limited to private sessions with friends, because the lobbies just don't have the numbers.

I get that SMS is fixing it, and I trust that they will. But don't make the mistake of thinking you're dealing with a captive audience. Players have choices, and asking for patience in today's society is almost a joke. New companies and products often succeed or fail by how well they generate and capitalize on momentum. There are countless examples of great products that failed because they stuttered, lost momentum, and by the time they came around, consumers had gone elsewhere or were too sour to give them another chance. The sooner these bugs and glitches are corrected the better, because the longer it takes, the harder it will be to get Xb1 players back to the game. And telling people they should be playing something else if they don't like the wait is exactly the kind of arrogance that kills great products.

Very true, not that it matters now but I know of friends who got rid of PCars pretty damn quick due to the 'issues' which is their bad maybe for not been patient. The net result is it doesn't hurt PCars 1 but may be a different case for PCars 2 as gamers love to have polarised (and often misguided) views which they happily spread to all and sundry. Look at Driveclub, still now people say 'it's a broken mess, I'll never forgive Sony/Evolution...' and yet it has worked largely fine for 8 months and I'll pick up more Driveclub content because say what you like they have consistently provided updates, patches, new content, free content and material improvements to the game. The same is true for BF4- released in an almighty mess but has largely been superb for well over a year, yet what will happen when BF5 comes out? An awful lot of people will not buy or wait a long time to invest- once burnt, twice shy as the saying goes.

Damage limitation starts as soon as a game hits issues (see Batman on PC, various Assassins Creed games, BF4 etc...) and devs are judged on how well they respond to those issues. For SMS I think they are doing relatively well but speed maybe an issue but then they are a small dev particularly considering the scale of the game across 3 platforms.

I for one am patient but I'm probably more patient than most, people should not underestimate gamers ability to twist their own bleak reality of a franchise before it even get's a sequel.

bluesky0870
04-08-2015, 19:00

And fact is also that with every released patch another working part has been broken or new issues came up. To advise someone to play another game is a pointless knockout argument.

...until multiplayer is improved and pitstop bugs are fixed (it should happen in the coming weeks)...

In the coming weeks is a very exact date.. Am I allowed to remind you that the game's release was 3 month ago? Do you expect the game to be playable for 99% (as stated it is before release) at Christmas? I wish it would be nearly bug free better today than tomorrow but after all the experiences with former patches and dlc issues I am doubtful...

Brent G
04-08-2015, 19:09
Cant say im looking forward too FM6 either as i know its basically FM5 with more content...
And here lies the problem, after playing P cars, Forza is just, well underwhelming to say the least, i mean i actually think we could be left in a situation where FM6 works but has the physics of a dead donkey, n P cars the polar opposite....Oh dear could be a bad few years for racing fans...

Asetto Corsa?

Brent G
04-08-2015, 19:15

Are you playing Project Cars on XBOX ONE?

EMW Grogan
04-08-2015, 19:24
Lol you already know the answer to that Brent

I may be wrong but i dont think any of the mods play on Xb1.

Hey tell you what would be awesome if PCars had a Dev night like some other games do.

Multiplayer, devs in the lobbies chatting to the guys and racing, that would be sweet.

Brent G
04-08-2015, 19:33
[QUOTE=KkDrummer;1073423]the fact is that PCars has improved after every patch released..

Errr No it hasn't. For me, and Im sure I'm not alone pCars has gradually got worse. What for me was a relatively bug free release is now bug filled and frustrating as hell rather than the exciting racing experiance it started as. I mean, since v.2.0 it doesn't even save/load tuning set ups! How is that improved, is not the ability to save and load tuning set ups a pre-requiste for a title such as this? I guess if all you do is TT or you dont delve in to the tuning settings then all is just dandy but if your into multiplayer or career and you like to tweak your cars settings then dandy things sure as shit aint.

Brent G
04-08-2015, 19:38
Lol you already know the answer to that Brent

I may be wrong but i dont think any of the mods play on Xb1.

Hey tell you what would be awesome if PCars had a Dev night like some other games do.

Multiplayer, devs in the lobbies chatting to the guys and racing, that would be sweet.

Chat will be out the window if more than 8 show up, thats if they can get in a game that is ;)

Im Sorry
04-08-2015, 20:27
I doubt anyone from SMS is even playing this game for any length of time on Xbox to have any idea of the depth of problems Xbox user's are facing!

Umer Ahmad
04-08-2015, 21:10
I doubt anyone from SMS is even playing this game for any length of time on Xbox to have any idea of the depth of problems Xbox user's are facing!

https://twitter.com/realandytudor/status/625352922541506560

Im Sorry
04-08-2015, 21:16

So is it just a case of we will have to wait and wait to get proper fixes ,if we get them!

Innerspace_HQ
04-08-2015, 21:23
Chat will be out the window if more than 8 show up, thats if they can get in a game that is ;)

Is this not more to do with most people having substandard internet for P2P? You could argue P2P is a substandard way of delivering online racing, however. In fact, I would argue that. It's cheap, sure. Does the whole world have super fast internet? Nowhere near it. My friend across the street doesn't even have it. I do and we've all noticed how my lobbies seem stable.

OpticalHercules
04-08-2015, 21:37
Is this not more to do with most people having substandard internet for P2P? You could argue P2P is a substandard way of delivering online racing, however. In fact, I would argue that. It's cheap, sure. Does the whole world have super fast internet? Nowhere near it. My friend across the street doesn't even have it. I do and we've all noticed how my lobbies seem stable.

I have 100mbps down, 25mbps up, and I sure don't have a stable MP experience, yet one guy in our league plays on his phone's 3G tether, and has no problems maintaining a connection. It does lag/twitch a little, but no drops/drive button errors.

Innerspace_HQ
04-08-2015, 21:44
I have 100mbps down, 25mbps up, and I sure don't have a stable MP experience, yet one guy in our league plays on his phone's 3G tether, and has no problems maintaining a connection. It does lag/twitch a little, but no drops/drive button errors.

Are you always the lobby host? I've had terrible experiences when the person is on a 20 down 1 up line. All about the up speed. I've got 20 up and nobody reported anything, even in full lobbies. Soon as host migrated or my friend sets a lobby up, problems galore.

I could be over simplifying it but I'd imagine a really solid internet connection is very, very important.

OpticalHercules
04-08-2015, 21:52

So there's one person at SMS who admits to playing primarily on Xbox, yet I don't think I've ever seen him post on the xbox forums. Every single one of the mods has PC in their profile, and all their uber PC super-race stats in their signature. I do not doubt that you all know what you're talking about in terms of the game itself, but I don't think any of you have a clue about the game in relation to this system. I am sorry if that's a little harsh, but from what I've seen on these forums in the past 3 months, it's true. I totally respect the job you guys are doing for this community, but I sincerely think it would be more reassuring to have a dev/mod who really is native to this system when discussing these system problems. You and I have gone a few rounds about emotion-of-the-moment, but repeatedly pointing to the patch notes that mean absolutely nothing to console players at this time is getting tiring. Probably about as tiring as it is for you guys to have to post them over and over to us users...

AdM1
04-08-2015, 22:01
Are you always the lobby host? I've had terrible experiences when the person is on a 20 down 1 up line. All about the up speed. I've got 20 up and nobody reported anything, even in full lobbies. Soon as host migrated or my friend sets a lobby up, problems galore.

I could be over simplifying it but I'd imagine a really solid internet connection is very, very important.

I got way less problems online plugging an Ethernet cable in, before that I could barely join a game now I get just the odd little problem.

Not playing online at current though because my tunes aren't loading.

OpticalHercules
04-08-2015, 22:01

I try to be when playing with a live party or league. My net speedtests to 89.xxdown, 22.xx up. My ping to google (74.125.224.82) is 15ms, not that that is really relevant to Microsoft, but pinging live.com/65.55.206/154 never resolved. I'm on a pretty great connection. I agree with you wholeheartedly on the upspeed being the key, not down, to hosting multiple people and chats like skype, but latency is the biggest key in maintaining a quality gaming connection. It doesn't matter how much data you can move at once (bandwidth/mbps) if your latency is so high that the game is changing faster than the data can reach everyone it needs to.

Umer Ahmad
04-08-2015, 22:03
Stay tuned, that gap is recognized and it will be filled soon

So there's one person at SMS who admits to playing primarily on Xbox, yet I don't think I've ever seen him post on the xbox forums. Every single one of the mods has PC in their profile, and all their uber PC super-race stats in their signature. I do not doubt that you all know what you're talking about in terms of the game itself, but I don't think any of you have a clue about the game in relation to this system. I am sorry if that's a little harsh, but from what I've seen on these forums in the past 3 months, it's true. I totally respect the job you guys are doing for this community, but I sincerely think it would be more reassuring to have a dev/mod who really is native to this system when discussing these system problems. You and I have gone a few rounds about emotion-of-the-moment, but repeatedly pointing to the patch notes that mean absolutely nothing to console players at this time is getting tiring. Probably about as tiring as it is for you guys to have to post them over and over to us users...

OpticalHercules
04-08-2015, 22:07

That does sound reassuring. Thank you!

Del Zotto x82x
04-08-2015, 22:19
Pcars destroys Forza fact, but its put together so poorly on Xbone, i can see myself n many others going back to a game that is actually worse, due to the fact that its proven too work.
I know the SMS team are doing a great job...fixing/Dlc/everything under the sun but it just isnt working on xbone.
Great game, without doubt the best racer ive ever played, physics/tyre model/sounds etc etc.....But at the end of the day how long can you keep playing a game that gives so much but offers so little?
Im probably one of P cars biggest fans but even im struggling to keep playing, long after many have already given up, im the one saying come on get back on, wait for the next patch etc n so on.
But seriousley i think its beyond patching on the xbone and even say a year on from now will it be that much better?
PCars raises the bar for me, great but not a great game....I hope im wrong i really do.

I am very confused by your statement... " how long can you keep playing a game that gives so much, but offers so little?"

Innerspace_HQ
04-08-2015, 22:20
Not playing online at current though because my tunes aren't loading.

Is this tunes from free practice?

Best bet, set up a private lobby on your own with a big free practice session. It saves online to online, just not from single player to online.

Worked for me, hope it helps.

Schnizz58
04-08-2015, 22:22

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35792-Problem-with-saving-a-set-up-after-Patch-2-0-Xbox-One

Innerspace_HQ
04-08-2015, 22:25
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35792-Problem-with-saving-a-set-up-after-Patch-2-0-Xbox-One

Doesn't say if that's strictly online or not...

If i set a tune offline, it wont carry over. If I save it from an online FP, it saves no problem.

bumpkin
04-08-2015, 22:27
I have fixed it!

Bought a PC and Assetto Corsa for circuits / Dirt Rally for offroad fix.

Dirt Rally is Early Access and in a better state than PCARS, only just picked up Assetto (Steam sale at the weekend) and really enjoying it so far.....

Anybody (perhaps a dev ;) ) looking for an XBOne with digital Project Cars fully patched?

AdM1
04-08-2015, 22:29

Best bet, set up a private lobby on your own with a big free practice session. It saves online to online, just not from single player to online.

Worked for me, hope it helps.

I don't like long free practice sessions online its very time consuming.

It's okay anyway I'm in the process of making a tune for most cars and uploading it on here.. http://projectcarssetups.eu

Hopefully by the time I'm done there will be a fix nearly on its way (wishful thinking? lol).

AdM1
04-08-2015, 22:35
Doesn't say if that's strictly online or not...

If i set a tune offline, it wont carry over. If I save it from an online FP, it saves no problem.

I think if you save a tune online, not 100% on this but it saves.

When you go into the garage from main menu and save a base tune to any tracks after D it doesn't save.

I've noticed with some of my cars I have some tracks past D in the load set up menu because I have tuned and saved them in online sessions.

Like with my BMW Z4 GT3 initially it had a tune for every track, now its all of them up to D and then a few after like willow springs gp from when I made adjustments during an online race.

Innerspace_HQ
04-08-2015, 22:40

It's okay anyway I'm in the process of making a tune for most cars and uploading it on here.. http://projectcarssetups.eu

Hopefully by the time I'm done there will be a fix nearly on its way (wishful thinking? lol).

What I meant was, to work on your car... a long private FP session, nobody can join and you can work away to your heart's content. It seems to save okay providing you are online.

AdM1
04-08-2015, 22:53
What I meant was, to work on your car... a long private FP session, nobody can join and you can work away to your heart's content. It seems to save okay providing you are online.

Yeah that's fine, afaik.. It's no good for making base tunes though.

Del Zotto x82x
04-08-2015, 22:54

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love your signature... LMFAO and i'm italian

Schnizz58
04-08-2015, 22:55
Just wanted to say that I absolutely love your signature... LMFAO and i'm italian
Bonus points if you know what movie that's from.

OpticalHercules
05-08-2015, 00:27
I don't like long free practice sessions online its very time consuming. ...

You do realize that if you're hosting you can always skip to the next session if other people join/want to move ahead. Works just like in career mode. Beyond that I don't see how it's any more or less time consuming than tuning in regular free practice.

HLR Ghosty
05-08-2015, 00:32
Bonus points if you know what movie that's from.

Gumball rally

Innerspace_HQ
05-08-2015, 00:56
You do realize that if you're hosting you can always skip to the next session if other people join/want to move ahead. Works just like in career mode. Beyond that I don't see how it's any more or less time consuming than tuning in regular free practice.

I've found that not to work. Even when there's just three of us the room all voting to move it forward.

AdM1
05-08-2015, 01:18

Because you cant make a base tune this way very easily can you.. Think about it for a minute.

StuWard75
05-08-2015, 05:23

Would be really nice if the layout was the same as in game.
As it is now you have to jump around a lot to input the setup in game.

Landrover
05-08-2015, 07:21
What did they say about patch this time 17%improvement. Lol
Mine has more problems again and I can't really see where it s better. Pits worse,a1 seems same and as for multiplayer that's still bad beyond belief, My frame rates in places seems worse and even the most obvious graphic mess ups are still the same.
Please advise on what was improved on last patch as I can't see it. Possibly tyre wear,but that wasn't even in the game before as far as I could see.
Also I'm still far from convinced on the physics on many cars.
Shame I honestly wanted this to succeed ,but it does seem like they are out of their depth.

Brent G
05-08-2015, 07:34

Let's just hope they don't have one of these trouble free versions of project cars that some claim to have.

OpticalHercules
05-08-2015, 07:47
edit: double posted...

OpticalHercules
05-08-2015, 07:48
Because you cant make a base tune this way very easily can you.. Think about it for a minute.

I'm not sure what you mean by a Base Tune. You mean one tune that works across all tracks? So good at most things, great at nothing. Nope. I'd rather keep building individual tunes for each track and car combo. That's how I enjoy this game. And just in case I lose my save files for the 4th time, I write down all my tunes, every car I've used on every track I've used them in a 3-ring binder. Not gonna lose them again, and just in case something feels wrong, I always have the book next to me to compare and see if the game is broken any more than is normal.

I've found that not to work. Even when there's just three of us the room all voting to move it forward.

I've only ever gotten it to work when I click it on accident and it moves the whole lobby to the next session. Don't think I've ever tried it on purpose. Is it really broken?

Landrover
05-08-2015, 07:55
my audio has also managed to be worse.
The base level is much too high resulting in magnified poor sound. I know we have sliders but that just turns the whole mess down.
One of the paganis sound on gear change is really laughable. Sounds like the mins too close to me.

Brent G
05-08-2015, 08:52
Shockingly bad that people are having to write down all their tunes though innit?

Beltoon
05-08-2015, 10:05
This was just posted in the PS subforum.

http://puu.sh/jq6im/1f8a1456c3.jpg

http://puu.sh/jq6cZ/6e8539c8e2.jpg

There is still hope.

inthebagbud
05-08-2015, 10:11
lets hope HUGE is the right description as that is a make or break statement in any walk of life

Im Sorry
05-08-2015, 10:12
So why is there no statement or mention on Xbox threads?

MysterG
05-08-2015, 10:22
So why is there no statement or mention on Xbox threads?

Because there is a big conspiracy against XB1 owners ....

or maybe that just happened to be the 'patch 3.0' thread that Ian came across when checking out new posts from the other side of the world. I doubt he even realised it was in the PS4 area.

Im Sorry
05-08-2015, 10:28
Instead of a plain and simple answer we had to get sarcasm yet again.

I for one don't think there is any sort of conspiracy against Xbox.
I can read all the forum posts to see the issues we all face!

Ps. It would be nice to hear from someone that actually uses the Xbox!

Beltoon
05-08-2015, 10:29
As I said in the PS4 topic. If multiplayer lobby's don't get fixed there is no point in releasing 3.0.

Scav3nger
05-08-2015, 10:35
Because there is a big conspiracy against XB1 owners ....

Someone had to inherit the mantle from the WiiU.

baz00ka
05-08-2015, 10:36
maybe no point for YOU but I will take 3.0 asap thank you very much even if it disables multiplayer completely cannot care less for it.

As I said in the PS4 topic. If multiplayer lobby's don't get fixed there is no point in releasing 3.0.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 10:40
Instead of a plain and simple answer we had to get sarcasm yet again.

I for one don't think there is any sort of conspiracy against Xbox.
I can read all the forum posts to see the issues we all face!

Ps. It would be nice to hear from someone that actually uses the Xbox!

No one at SMS does. No one. Every mod on here as said "I'm not familiar with the Xbox version of the game" sure some of them might play it on xbox for patch testing or something, but the only one who ever said Xbox was his platform of Choice was Andy Tudor. But I'm not convinced anyone plays on xbox regularly or they would've seen the plethora of issues with it and wouldn't need us to constantly bug report.

It's also no secret ps4 copies of this game wildly outsold the xbox versions, so make your conspiracy jokes but PS4 Is the bigger audience

Brent G
05-08-2015, 10:43
I just hope 3.0 delivers because I really want project Cars to reach it's full potential. It's a fantastic representation of racing cars. It's just the little bugs which together add up to big problems. Heres to hoping v.3.0 answers our prayers.

Im Sorry
05-08-2015, 10:44
No one at SMS does. No one. Every mod on here as said "I'm not familiar with the Xbox version of the game" sure some of them might play it on xbox for patch testing or something, but the only one who ever said Xbox was his platform of Choice was Andy Tudor. But I'm not convinced anyone plays on xbox regularly or they would've seen the plethora of issues with it and wouldn't need us to constantly bug report.

It's also no secret ps4 copies of this game wildly outsold the xbox versions, so make your conspiracy jokes but PS4 Is the bigger audience

And in that I think lies our biggest problem.How can our Xbox specific issues be fixed if no one from the team actually uses our system daily!

Beltoon
05-08-2015, 10:44
But the XB1 version sold a lot more than the PC version. At least according to vgchartz.com. But they say pCARS has sold 600k copy's. SMS claim to have sold over a million though or was that units shipped?

I just hope 3.0 delivers because I really want project Cars to reach it's full potential. It's a fantastic representation of racing cars. It's just the little bugs which together add up to big problems. Heres to hoping v.3.0 answers our prayers.

Maybe single player has a lot of little bugs. Multiplayer has one big ass flaw... Not being able to play multiplayer.

Bealdor
05-08-2015, 10:45
But the XB1 version sold a lot more than the PC version. At least according to vgchartz.com. But they say pCARS has sold 600k copy's. SMS claim to have sold over a million though or was that units shipped?

vgchartz.com is not a trustworthy/reliable source for sales figures. Not even close.

Scav3nger
05-08-2015, 10:48

Sold to retailer =/= sold to players.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 10:49

Yeah incase it hasn't become glaringly obvious, I've become a bit pessimistic with it lol

I'm sorry but Beltoon is right, if Multiplayer is still a mess it's gonna start to really fall off. Mark my words. It's been MONTHS and it's nearly impossible to do any matchmaking multiplayer on Xbox.

I too want the game to hit it's maximum potential I really do. The on track racing is by far the best experience I've had, but the hoops and pitfalls you have to jump through and over make the re-play value drop for me. It gets old, I only do our league stuff now, I don't do anything else, so it's got pretty boring.

And for people who "Don't play multiplayer ever" that's great, but your in the minority and will be the only ones left playing the game before too long if MP isn't sorted

Raven403
05-08-2015, 10:51
vgchartz.com is not a trustworthy/reliable source for sales figures. Not even close.

Regardless you know Xbox outsold PC, PC is the smallest market

Im Sorry
05-08-2015, 10:52
Yeah incase it hasn't become glaringly obvious, I've become a bit pessimistic with it lol

I'm sorry but Beltoon is right, if Multiplayer is still a mess it's gonna start to really fall off. Mark my words. It's been MONTHS and it's nearly impossible to do any matchmaking multiplayer on Xbox.

I too want the game to hit it's maximum potential I really do. The on track racing is by far the best experience I've had, but the hoops and pitfalls you have to jump through and over make the re-play value drop for me. It gets old, I only do our league stuff now, I don't do anything else, so it's got pretty boring.

And for people who "Don't play multiplayer ever" that's great, but your in the minority and will be the only ones left playing the game before too long if MP isn't sorted

Trust me.Career mode is a minefield.:(

Raven403
05-08-2015, 10:54
Trust me.Career mode is a minefield.:(

Oh I know, I had 2 careers. Until they got wiped out that is, so I started a new one, but lost interest pretty quick but that got wiped out too and now I won't start a new one.

Sorry but "Quick Race" and practice gets pretty boring pretty fast

Bealdor
05-08-2015, 10:57
Regardless you know Xbox outsold PC, PC is the smallest market

It's no surprise that consoles sales are higher than PC sales. I just wanted to say that those absolute numbers (600k) are bollocks.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 11:01
It's no surprise that consoles sales are higher than PC sales. I just wanted to say that those absolute numbers (600k) are bollocks.

Oh ok

I wonder how those 900K people are handling the game without being on the forum. Cuz theres no way I would still be playing the game if it wasnt for the info and fixes I found on here. and theres only 112k people registered, and only ever about 9k active.......

baz00ka
05-08-2015, 11:08
1st i dont think your 'minority' statement is true because you have no basis and no figures to determine that either way. 2nd if i dont care about multiplayer why would i care about how many people left to play the game in multiplayer mode?! that doesnt make any sense same as yr 'minority' assertion. delaying or not releasing patches to other parts of the game because multiplayer isnt fixed wont be fair. if you suffer from broken multiplayer that does not mean other folks who are not interested in multiplayer should suffer too just to keep you company.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 11:16
1st i dont think your 'minority' statement is true because you have no basis and no figures to determine that either way. 2nd if i dont care about multiplayer why would i care about how many people left to play the game in multiplayer mode?! that doesnt make any sense same as yr 'minority' assertion. delaying or not releasing patches to other parts of the game because multiplayer isnt fixed wont be fair. if you suffer from broken multiplayer that does not mean other folks who are not interested in multiplayer should suffer too just to keep you company.

Firstly, do you play on Xbox? or are you on PC? Because if your on PC im not sure why you give a shit about Xbox multiplayer at all.

Secondly, If multiplayer isnt the Majority share in ANY game how do you explain the focus on multiplayer in well, basically every game that releases? Obviously we dont ACTUALLY want the patch held up for ANY reason, so pump the brakes buddy. We are getting our point across that without MP we arent getting the most out of the game, If thats not true for YOUUUU then fine, move along.

Also, there are plenty of complaints about Career and Single player too. Pit stops, Mines in the track, whatever im not listing them all just look at the Known Issues List.

Landrover
05-08-2015, 11:20
The last patch promised. 17% improvement the previous I think 8%. Both IMO possibly even made the game worse.
So any %s this time lol
I would like an answer over what were the improvements made to online play in the last patch. Because I found absolutely no difference Still the same uselessness.
Plus while we are at it what went wrong with the pit patching other than mystery collisions again I see nothing. The same lottery.
In fact could someone let me know of any improvements from the last patch as I've noticed none.
Sorry for the negativity and I am trying to keep the dream alive here. But I'm at saturation point with all these false flags.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 11:23
The last patch promised. 17% improvement the previous I think 8%. Both IMO possibly even made the game worse.
So any %s this time lol
I would like an answer over what were the improvements made to online play in the last patch. Because I found absolutely no difference Still the same uselessness.
Plus while we are at it what went wrong with the pit patching other than mystery collisions again I see nothing. The same lottery.
In fact could someone let me know of any improvements from the last patch as I've noticed none.
Sorry for the negativity and I am trying to keep the dream alive here. But I'm at saturation point with all these false flags.

Im not sure why anyone thought MP would get any better after the last patch, It wasnt in the patch notes so Im not sure why it was widely expected.

And I have no answers for ya, nor does anyone I dont think, Despite us all being QA testers we dont know whats coming yet, You can look at the 2.5 patch notes for a preview I guess, but as you can see there are plenty of us as Apathetic about it as you lol

bisco
05-08-2015, 11:29
This game is just as bad as race pro was for the xbox 360. It was a good idea if it worked, but it just doesn't. If it ever gets patched properly, I'm afraid there won't be many playing because it's taken too long.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 11:32
This game is just as bad as race pro was for the xbox 360. It was a good idea if it worked, but it just doesn't. If it ever gets patched properly, I'm afraid there won't be many playing because it's taken too long.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?! IT WORKS FINE!!! ONLY PLAY PRACTICE AND IT IS FINE!! :rolleyes:

baz00ka
05-08-2015, 11:41
i'm on xbox and there are plenty of problems the game suffers on it apart from multiplayer. suggesting to SMS (them being community driven and all that) there is no point in releasing patches unless they fix multiplayer as well is not fair to everyone else and thats the only point i wanted to make. wrt your second point or better say lack of it because you made an assertion you cannot back up with any numbers and now ask me to prove it otherwise. again, with no numbers of stats to prove it either way it is simply unknown so making assertions about it is pretty pointless. seeing that you are not actually asking to hold up any upcoming patches til multiplayer is fixed i will now shut up and move along as suggested and let you fellas talk about that broken multiplayer in peace.

Firstly, do you play on Xbox? or are you on PC? Because if your on PC im not sure why you give a shit about Xbox multiplayer at all.

Secondly, If multiplayer isnt the Majority share in ANY game how do you explain the focus on multiplayer in well, basically every game that releases? Obviously we dont ACTUALLY want the patch held up for ANY reason, so pump the brakes buddy. We are getting our point across that without MP we arent getting the most out of the game, If thats not true for YOUUUU then fine, move along.

Also, there are plenty of complaints about Career and Single player too. Pit stops, Mines in the track, whatever im not listing them all just look at the Known Issues List.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 11:53
i'm on xbox and there are plenty of problems the game suffers on it apart from multiplayer. suggesting to SMS (them being community driven and all that) there is no point in releasing patches unless they fix multiplayer as well is not fair to everyone else and thats the only point i wanted to make. wrt your second point or better say lack of it because you made an assertion you cannot back up with any numbers and now ask me to prove it otherwise. again, with no numbers of stats to prove it either way it is simply unknown so making assertions about it is pretty pointless. seeing that you are not actually asking to hold up any upcoming patches til multiplayer is fixed i will now shut up and move along as suggested and let you fellas talk about that broken multiplayer in peace.

Like I said, we dont ACTUALLY want it delayed, its just frustration and rhetoric bud.

Your also correct, there are plenty of other problems, and i dont JUST want Multiplayer fixed but its pretty high on the list.

Lastly, No I dont have 'proof' or numbers just an opinion on observations of trends in the industry, but point taken. I for one enjoy a good single player experience, I would love to have a good in-depth immersive career as well, but I do get the most from racing titles when I can race other Human Beings who make more realistic errors and decisions racing, its more exciting for me personally.

Sorry if my responses sound hostile, like I said, frustration.....

Bealdor
05-08-2015, 11:59
Latest XBONE news:

Sorry, I was posting as a general response for all platforms.

I use 'new posts' exclusively and constantly miss the specific forum...

I can say that if anything, Xbox gets slightly more out of this than other platforms. Lobbies for example :)

Scav3nger
05-08-2015, 12:16
Now we just need confirmation that we're going to be able to stay connected to those lobbies and not crash to dashboard half way (or less) through a session and we'll be getting somewhere.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 12:20
Now we just need confirmation that we're going to be able to stay connected to those lobbies and not crash to dashboard half way (or less) through a session and we'll be getting somewhere.

Or maybe have more than 8 people at any time lol

PFalcon
05-08-2015, 12:39
I would even be ok with 8 player MP if it was stable and we had a working lobby system. It would also help if the feature to add AI cars to fill out the MP grid was working correctly. Obviously, I'd rather have 16 player MP than 8, but... baby steps...

Having said that, I am having a blast running strictly AI races in SP mode at the moment, so if it takes a bit of time to sort out MP, I am not stressing over it...

AdM1
05-08-2015, 13:05
I'm not sure what you mean by a Base Tune. You mean one tune that works across all tracks? So good at most things, great at nothing. Nope. I'd rather keep building individual tunes for each track and car combo. That's how I enjoy this game. And just in case I lose my save files for the 4th time, I write down all my tunes, every car I've used on every track I've used them in a 3-ring binder. Not gonna lose them again, and just in case something feels wrong, I always have the book next to me to compare and see if the game is broken any more than is normal.

I've only ever gotten it to work when I click it on accident and it moves the whole lobby to the next session. Don't think I've ever tried it on purpose. Is it really broken?

Well done you are slowly getting it. You make a base tune yes, its only a base tune this tune gets worked on individually on each track when the time comes. Its still nice to start with a base tune, appreciate the help but that's just how I like to play the game.

Haiden
05-08-2015, 13:34

I don't know. I think having a Base Tune is helpful if you're playing in online random sessions, at least early on in the game's life, when you don't have a custom tune for each track. It sucks joining a session you don't have tune for, and then having to run defaults or quickly slap something together. I find there are certain settings that I adjust on every single track, usually in the same direction, often within a few increments of each other. For me, a Base Tune is just a tune that's set for the average of these common adjustments. Like Downforce and Deceleration Locking... Sure, after a real tuning session, I might prefer slightly higher settings than my Base Tune has, but for a quick public match on a track that I don't have a tune for, slightly lower settings are better than the drastically lower defaults. Don't you think?

AdM1
05-08-2015, 13:56
Latest XBONE news:

That's nice so what about the tune save bug? Just as important if not more so than individual online lobbies.

Schnizz58
05-08-2015, 14:18
Gumball rally
Winner. Check your Xbox Store for your free DLC Vauxhall Vectra.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 14:23
Winner. Check your Xbox Store for your free DLC Vauxhall Vectra.

Diesel I hope

Brent G
05-08-2015, 14:39

Hey, things arent a deal brighter if you wanna do a career. Its a sad state of affairs it really is and as much as I hope v.3.0 sorts things out I honestly dont hold much hope purely based on how effective or should I say un-effective the previous two updates have been. I cant tell you how much I want pCars to be its best I really cant but the sad fact of the matter is that I dont think it will ever be the game we expected it to be when we first unwrapped the celophane from the case three months ago. THREE MONTHS AGO!!!

Haiden
05-08-2015, 15:20
And for those that say Xb multiplayer isn't dying a slow death, look at the post counts for PS4 and Xb1 Multiplayer Event Planning on this forum.

PS4 = 170 threads, 4,196 posts

Xb1 = 90 threads, 900 posts

Denial is an intoxicating drug. :)

rrusso
05-08-2015, 16:41
I love the game...but he is dying on XOne...bugs, drops, freezes....from 10 online sessions...1 is good...the other ones we have some kind of problem

the truth is the game wasnt well tested and developed for One....hard to say...but is what looks like

OpticalHercules
05-08-2015, 16:50
Shockingly bad that people are having to write down all their tunes though innit?

It's not that I had to. I stopped on the way home from the game store when I bought PCars to buy the binder for it. I knew before I had ever installed the game that I was going to be writing things down with pencil and paper rather than relying on the game's tuning saves for all time. It's something I remember doing from my GT3 days on PS2, and something I regretted not doing in the short time I played Forza5, though I never really got into tuning on that game.

OpticalHercules
05-08-2015, 17:04
Well done you are slowly getting it. You make a base tune yes, its only a base tune this tune gets worked on individually on each track when the time comes. Its still nice to start with a base tune, appreciate the help but that's just how I like to play the game.

I don't know. I think having a Base Tune is helpful if you're playing in online random sessions, at least early on in the game's life, when you don't have a custom tune for each track. It sucks joining a session you don't have tune for, and then having to run defaults or quickly slap something together. I find there are certain settings that I adjust on every single track, usually in the same direction, often within a few increments of each other. For me, a Base Tune is just a tune that's set for the average of these common adjustments. Like Downforce and Deceleration Locking... Sure, after a real tuning session, I might prefer slightly higher settings than my Base Tune has, but for a quick public match on a track that I don't have a tune for, slightly lower settings are better than the drastically lower defaults. Don't you think?

You mean that you haven't tuned enough in this game already to be able to guesstimate what settings work as a starter if you happen to get thrown into a lobby in a car you know but track you don't? I don't even bother playing cars I don't like unless I'm in a live party and we're doing whatever comes up, but then I usually have a 10-15 prac and/or qual to figure things out. If I'm MP solo, I'm not wasting my time on some car I don't like (Group 5...), but if I do find a track I don't know on the car class i'm looking for, I can throw together a tune in <90 seconds from stock and maybe have to tweak it once or twice for that specific track.

Honestly, the stock tunes for most cars really aren't that bad. They're good enough to get around the track in, and then good enough to use as a starting point to further fine-tune for each track. Remember, each stock tune IS track specific. Go load default formula C tune for Sonoma GP. Take a look at that asymmetrical damper build. In the first few weeks of this game I would create a tune for one car and save it to all tracks, I later found the stock reset tunes to work better on most tracks than the one I had saved to everything.

You have it your way, I'll do it mine. Mine seems to be working well enough while yours is giving you problems. That's clue enough for me.

AdM1
05-08-2015, 17:43
You mean that you haven't tuned enough in this game already to be able to guesstimate what settings work as a starter if you happen to get thrown into a lobby in a car you know but track you don't? I don't even bother playing cars I don't like unless I'm in a live party and we're doing whatever comes up, but then I usually have a 10-15 prac and/or qual to figure things out. If I'm MP solo, I'm not wasting my time on some car I don't like (Group 5...), but if I do find a track I don't know on the car class i'm looking for, I can throw together a tune in <90 seconds from stock and maybe have to tweak it once or twice for that specific track.

Honestly, the stock tunes for most cars really aren't that bad. They're good enough to get around the track in, and then good enough to use as a starting point to further fine-tune for each track. Remember, each stock tune IS track specific. Go load default formula C tune for Sonoma GP. Take a look at that asymmetrical damper build. In the first few weeks of this game I would create a tune for one car and save it to all tracks, I later found the stock reset tunes to work better on most tracks than the one I had saved to everything.

You have it your way, I'll do it mine. Mine seems to be working well enough while yours is giving you problems. That's clue enough for me.

Would you like a medal? Lol a pat on the back perhaps?

I've probably played and tuned more then the majority on this gane and I have a very good grasp of what to do but the simple fact there is a tune saving bug, whether thats an issue for you or not is irrelevent so I'm not sure why you are getting into a debate about it.

You are not the only one playing this game, and not everyone plays the game exactly the same way you do so please pull your head out your arse and realise other play it their way and are not happy with how the game is functioning.

OpticalHercules
05-08-2015, 17:46

You're the one who brought tuning into it when I was suggesting that you can skip to next session because you didn't like the long delays or whatever from practice sessions. It also would help if every single one of your posts in response to me didn't have some condescending snub tacked on for no reason at all. Feel better now, big man?

AdM1
05-08-2015, 17:51
Sorry it just gets frustrating when you highlight an issue and some fanboy muppet pipes up making it out to be a non issue.

I'll remember to ignore your posts in future :).

MysterG
05-08-2015, 17:54
Sorry it just gets frustrating when you highlight an issue and some fanboy muppet pipes up making it out to be a non issue.

I'll remember to ignore your posts in future :).

Enough with the insults.

AdM1
05-08-2015, 18:02
Enough with the insults.

My bad, felt it had to be said so was worth the infraction. Cheers :).

EMW Grogan
05-08-2015, 18:06
Guys guys guys.....fighting over a crippling bug, why dont you two shake hands and agree that its f*c ked.

And while we are at it lets agree that the whole way that the tunes are saved is a complete balls up even if it wasnt bugged up.

1 tune per track per car???? Who thought that up?

OpticalHercules
05-08-2015, 18:11
The 1tune/car/track is a pain in the butt, but I'd rather have that 1tune/car/track working properly before delving into how to make more tunes per car/track. Would be phenomenal if they did introduce a way to save more than 1 tune per car/track that there be a menu IN SESSION to select between the tunes, like presets or something, rather than having to go back to main menu and into garage to access the alternate tunes.

AdM1
05-08-2015, 18:19
Guys guys guys.....fighting over a crippling bug, why dont you two shake hands and agree that its f*c ked.

And while we are at it lets agree that the whole way that the tunes are saved is a complete balls up even if it wasnt bugged up.

1 tune per track per car???? Who thought that up?

Perhaps they could kill 2 birds with 1 stone on this problem?

Haiden
05-08-2015, 18:22
Would you like a medal? Lol a pat on the back perhaps?

I've probably played and tuned more then the majority on this gane and I have a very good grasp of what to do but the simple fact there is a tune saving bug, whether thats an issue for you or not is irrelevent so I'm not sure why you are getting into a debate about it.

You are not the only one playing this game, and not everyone plays the game exactly the same way you do so please pull your head out your arse and realise other play it their way and are not happy with how the game is functioning.

It's not giving me problems. I keep an Excel file for each of my cars, and records the track tunes on a separate worksheet, then keep my laptop next to my wheel setup when I'm playing. Sure, I can quickly whip together a setup, but I just think it would be nice to have the ability to save that quick tune. I don't like unneeded repetition. I've also had a few sessions start while I was in the middle of whipping together my quick tune. Allowing custom saves is just a convenience that gives players the flexibility. Why build a rigid system like that in a game that touts it's flexibility and customization options.

Base tunes are basically the exact same thing as the canned tuning setups you can select from in F1 2015. The lack of setup saving options in PCars doesn't hinder me in anyway, I just think it'd be nice to be able to save a couple of different generic tunes. Of course, like I said, the convenience of that fades as the game matures and you create more track saves. You're right, though. Not everyone plays the game the same. But then, based on that logic, wouldn't giving players the ability to make custom saves be a good thing? If you don't want to use them, then don't. But if you do, they are available. Not offering them is basically the equivalent of forcing people to do it one way.

AdM1
05-08-2015, 18:37
It's not giving me problems. I keep an Excel file for each of my cars, and records the track tunes on a separate worksheet, then keep my laptop next to my wheel setup when I'm playing. Sure, I can quickly whip together a setup, but I just think it would be nice to have the ability to save that quick tune. I don't like unneeded repetition. I've also had a few sessions start while I was in the middle of whipping together my quick tune. Allowing custom saves is just a convenience that gives players the flexibility. Why build a rigid system like that in a game that touts it's flexibility and customization options.

Base tunes are basically the exact same thing as the canned tuning setups you can select from in F1 2015. The lack of setup saving options in PCars doesn't hinder me in anyway, I just think it'd be nice to be able to save a couple of different generic tunes. Of course, like I said, the convenience of that fades as the game matures and you create more track saves. You're right, though. Not everyone plays the game the same. But then, based on that logic, wouldn't giving players the ability to make custom saves be a good thing? If you don't want to use them, then don't. But if you do, they are available. Not offering them is basically the equivalent of forcing people to do it one way.

I have been writing my tunes down on that website in the tuning section. While its a workaround its still a pain in the arse. Some of us don't have the time or simply dont want to waste the time writing down the tunes and looking at 2 screens back to back to make the tunes when the game should do all this.

So yes while your workaround is a good suggestion its doesn't deter from an issue that needs attention for the next patch. Post like your own probably just slow down the process of any fix being made tbh.

EMW Grogan
05-08-2015, 18:39
Thats dedication Haiden, but its 2015, Next Gen, Shouldnt have to go to those lengths. With such a vaunted tune system for the 'sim' its a glaring omission not to be able to SAVE numerous tunes and name them, and be able to USE them.

Just wondering if its one tune one track per car on the PC? If so i cant beleive during development the Members/kickstarters testing and helping develop the game didnt mention it...or maybe they did but it was either ignored or too hard to do.....

OpticalHercules
05-08-2015, 18:44
Thats dedication Haiden, but its 2015, Next Gen, Shouldnt have to go to those lengths. With such a vaunted tune system for the 'sim' its a glaring omission not to be able to SAVE numerous tunes and name them, and be able to USE them.

Just wondering if its one tune one track per car on the PC? If so i cant beleive during development the Members/kickstarters testing and helping develop the game didnt mention it...or maybe they did but it was either ignored or too hard to do.....

Or maybe keep them in an app? Saw someone's post in the WIN10 thread about using the Win10/xbox connection as a second screen maybe with apps on it. That would be great. Or even having them part of an android app to use alongside the game. We know xbox data can be manipulated with Android game-specific apps (Destiny and the bank storage system). Maybe the app wouldn't be fast enough or linked well enough to work as a telemetry page or alternate key-entry system for more keymapping, but why couldn't we have an app to store tunes and insert/remove them from the game?

Landrover
05-08-2015, 19:12
Think all of us have had our pants pulled down.
But at least now the nob polishers have left us to go down with the ship. We can say what we want without some twat with his pocket money invested in the game banning you

Im Sorry
05-08-2015, 19:14
Lol.Enjoy your ban ∆∆

nissan4ever
05-08-2015, 19:16
Lol.Enjoy your ban ∆∆

Yeah, he had some very poor choice of words. What's the old saying? "If you don't have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself"

MysterG
05-08-2015, 19:18
Think all of us have had our pants pulled down.
But at least now the nob polishers have left us to go down with the ship. We can say what we want without some twat with his pocket money invested in the game banning you

Wouldn't want to disappoint you.

Yeah, he had some very poor choice of words. What's the old saying? "If you don't have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself"

I think he chose his words very carefully.

Haiden
05-08-2015, 21:09
I have been writing my tunes down on that website in the tuning section. While its a workaround its still a pain in the arse. Some of us don't have the time or simply dont want to waste the time writing down the tunes and looking at 2 screens back to back to make the tunes when the game should do all this.

So yes while your workaround is a good suggestion its doesn't deter from an issue that needs attention for the next patch. Post like your own probably just slow down the process of any fix being made tbh.

I think you both misunderstand. My It's not giving me problems. comment was in response to not being able to save a generic, non-track specific base tune. Saving my setups in Excel is a workaround I absolutely loath. I frickin' hate having to bring my laptop out every time I want to play or tune a car. I totally agree that the game should be reliable enough to just save your tunes and not have to worry about backing them up, just in case. IMO, having reliable setup saves is some pretty remedial stuff for a sim (hell any racing title that allows tuning) and should have been working day one. The fact that three patches and three months later we've got DLC and crowd funding for PCars2, but still having trouble saving setups in PCars1 is just mind boggling.

tclancey
05-08-2015, 21:18
I don't suffer the random crashes mentioned here, or at least not that often that I'd call things broken. But I wish to high hell there was a better controller setup. I watched some YouTube replays of PC guys racing with wheels, jees, it's a different game! I couldn't race against these people. I wish I had 10% of their control. Forza is 10% of Pcars in terms of immersion, but the Forza controller system is 90% better, with all the help off it's difficult, but not damn right impossible. Please work on this, if you don't you will lose all the xbone people to Forza 6.

tclancey
05-08-2015, 21:21
And on the subject of tuning, I understand the whole tuning/saving system is being worked on, again Forza has this pretty much licked. Reproduce the idea, it works and people like it.

Schnizz58
05-08-2015, 21:39
And on the subject of tuning, I understand the whole tuning/saving system is being worked on, again Forza has this pretty much licked. Reproduce the idea, it works and people like it.
All Forza does is allow you to name the tune. They don't save by car/track, only by car. So you have to include the track name in the tune name and also try to squeeze in whether it's a leaderboard tune, racing tune or whatever. I don't much like that system either. However since Pcars saves by car & track, if they just let us name it, that would probably be good enough. It would be even better if we could save a base tune for each car that isn't saved to any track and also if we could choose not to save a tune after trying it out. And if we could share tunes through the game that would be absolutely ideal. (Forza's tune sharing system is pretty busted too because if you download a tune you can't modify it.)

Haiden
06-08-2015, 02:48
All Forza does is allow you to name the tune. They don't save by car/track, only by car. So you have to include the track name in the tune name and also try to squeeze in whether it's a leaderboard tune, racing tune or whatever. I don't much like that system either. However since Pcars saves by car & track, if they just let us name it, that would probably be good enough. It would be even better if we could save a base tune for each car that isn't saved to any track and also if we could choose not to save a tune after trying it out. And if we could share tunes through the game that would be absolutely ideal. (Forza's tune sharing system is pretty busted too because if you download a tune you can't modify it.)

Man, that's crazy talk right there. All good ideas, but they can't even get the setups to save correctly. Baby steps, brother. Baby steps... LOL.

CPU M Rossi
06-08-2015, 02:57
yeah but in Forza its more then just a tuning setup for the car its the build & the tuning set up of the car, I mean some people don't like the idea of a replay with their leaderboard time cause someone could figure out their build.

I do like the idea of naming tunes tho and keeping the current car/track system

PTG Claret
06-08-2015, 06:18
I don't suffer the random crashes mentioned here, or at least not that often that I'd call things broken. But I wish to high hell there was a better controller setup. I watched some YouTube replays of PC guys racing with wheels, jees, it's a different game! I couldn't race against these people. I wish I had 10% of their control. Forza is 10% of Pcars in terms of immersion, but the Forza controller system is 90% better, with all the help off it's difficult, but not damn right impossible. Please work on this, if you don't you will lose all the xbone people to Forza 6.

Or just buy a wheel for that same level of control. You don't really think them youtubers on PC are using a controller do you?

Please let's not try turn this game into Forza - not being Forza is why this game is good.

EMW Grogan
06-08-2015, 07:34
Or just buy a wheel for that same level of control. You don't really think them youtubers on PC are using a controller do you?

Please let's not try turn this game into Forza - not being Forza is why this game is good.

Your right this is not forza and shouldn't be either, but that sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face, not to use or replicate something that works or is clearly a better way of doing a certain thing is arrogant and stubborn. What's wrong with taking something that works well in GT or Forza? It will only add to the things that are good in Pcars, and pcars takes what was poor in GT and Forza and improves it. All this should add up to improvements

WOZZA76
06-08-2015, 08:56
All Forza does is allow you to name the tune. They don't save by car/track, only by car. So you have to include the track name in the tune name and also try to squeeze in whether it's a leaderboard tune, racing tune or whatever. I don't much like that system either. However since Pcars saves by car & track, if they just let us name it, that would probably be good enough. It would be even better if we could save a base tune for each car that isn't saved to any track and also if we could choose not to save a tune after trying it out. And if we could share tunes through the game that would be absolutely ideal. (Forza's tune sharing system is pretty busted too because if you download a tune you can't modify it.)That statement in brackets is a joke right ??? If i make a no 1 tune and i'm kind enougth to share it, what give you the right to then go and change it ? Yours sounds like a great idea for peeps not to share tune's.

PTG Claret
06-08-2015, 11:33
Your right this is not forza and shouldn't be either, but that sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face, not to use or replicate something that works or is clearly a better way of doing a certain thing is arrogant and stubborn. What's wrong with taking something that works well in GT or Forza? It will only add to the things that are good in Pcars, and pcars takes what was poor in GT and Forza and improves it. All this should add up to improvements

I know very little about computer trickery, but sure making the game handle more like Forza would mean a physics overhaul. The driving physics are THE standout feature for project cars. The driving physics on Forza using a controller are OK, but the canned FFB when using a wheel is atrocious. You have no idea what the car is doing, and especially no feel for the rear of the car.

Making a game, that is marketed a a driving simulator, drive better on a controller seems a wasted exercise to me.

And to be fair, most times at the very top of the LBs are set using a control pad - so it can't be all that bad.

Plato99
06-08-2015, 11:46
Whats the point of tuning anything if the tyres are permanently bolloxed anyway??!!!
In the wet anyway...

Fractured Life
06-08-2015, 11:58
That statement in brackets is a joke right? If I make a #1 tune and I'm kind enough to share it, what gives you the right to then go and change it?

To make improvements? Maybe the guys beats your #1 time, and now shares his setup with you. Now you can compare and maybe notice, "Oh, its the exact same setup but he has changed Tyre pressure and has a completely different braking setup". Now you can adjust these things and maybe post a better lap time? You've just learned something!

I never had a problem with giving out setups (maybe as I'm only an average racer, its different for me) as it means people can learn whats working and hopefully we all get quicker together. Who wants to win a race by 30s with no wheel to wheel action as you're too fast for 95% of the community? Better to drag the 95% closer to your level and its better for everyone.

D1rty Duck UK
06-08-2015, 12:00
I've stopped playing the game, way to much frustration for me.

I have given it months after release to get the bugs fixed but some of them are unbelievable and there is no sign of them being fixed. Then on top of that you have certain people on here who just dismiss what the paying customer says and responds with everything works well. You also then get the defenders of SMS which is laughable.

I brought the game for random weather, that's scripted so not random. I brought it for online but spend 99% of my time trying to get into a lobby to be met by a padlock. I think i'm still in single figures for online races due to the issues.

Yes the game has so much potential but i can't deal with it anymore. I wish i could sell it but as i brought digital im up shit creek with that..

xsomnivmx
06-08-2015, 12:02
How is one person getting crashes to dashboard in almost every session one night, while others in the same lobby aren't?

I'm a litte late to the party but a big issue with the xbox one is the suspense mode - i'm not 100% sure how it's called - the setting where you can choose if the box powers down or just goes in a standby mode.
Since i power down every day, EVERY GAME works much much better than before. No more drop outs in Destiny, not wating 10 minutes in the Masterchief Collection to find a MP game just to wait another 5minutes until the map has loaded.. etc. Since i've changed this setting, it feels like a new console. Best. Chance. Ever. ;D

I would not be surprised if many Pcars problems are related to this in some way, too. Well, this and different expectations and definitions of "working" or "not working".

Dan77 DESTROYER
06-08-2015, 12:03
I know very little about computer trickery, but sure making the game handle more like Forza would mean a physics overhaul. The driving physics are THE standout feature for project cars. The driving physics on Forza using a controller are OK, but the canned FFB when using a wheel is atrocious. You have no idea what the car is doing, and especially no feel for the rear of the car.

Making a game, that is marketed a a driving simulator, drive better on a controller seems a wasted exercise to me.

And to be fair, most times at the very top of the LBs are set using a control pad - so it can't be all that bad.

Agree, the first thing that I noticed was how different and better the physics are compared to forza, if it had felt like forza when I first loaded it up to drive it I would of been straight back to the shops for a refund, I got my tx wheel end of May for this title and its night and day compared to using a controller,
This game is very doable on a controller but if you want finesse you have to bite the bullet and get a wheel.

WOZZA76
06-08-2015, 13:35
To make improvements? Maybe the guys beats your #1 time, and now shares his setup with you. Now you can compare and maybe notice, "Oh, its the exact same setup but he has changed Tyre pressure and has a completely different braking setup". Now you can adjust these things and maybe post a better lap time? You've just learned something!

I never had a problem with giving out setups (maybe as I'm only an average racer, its different for me) as it means people can learn whats working and hopefully we all get quicker together. Who wants to win a race by 30s with no wheel to wheel action as you're too fast for 95% of the community? Better to drag the 95% closer to your level and its better for everyone. I like it as it is, i have a choice to hand my tune out (open) if i choose to, and i can tune quite well without needing someone to adjust tyre pressure's etc. Believe me if it was a free for all it would be more likely you'd(not pacifically you) be getting done by more than 30s because the really good tuners wouldn't be handing tunes willy nilly to every tom,dick or harry.

Fractured Life
06-08-2015, 14:15
I like it as it is, i have a choice to hand my tune out (open) if i choose to, and i can tune quite well without needing someone to adjust tyre pressure's etc. Believe me if it was a free for all it would be more likely you'd(not pacifically you) be getting done by more than 30s because the really good tuners wouldn't be handing tunes willy nilly to every tom,dick or harry.

Tyre pressure I just picked out randomly for a hypothetical. I mostly make up my own and put the laps in, but occasionally I might go the wrong way and what feels comfortable is, frankly, shite for race pace. So if I get a setup off someone but I can't actually look at it, its pointless. I'm not seeing where I have gone wrong.

I guess its different in Forza in terms of the setup versus the "tune" (dropped a race car engine in, worked out which particular exhaust keeps me from moving into the next class, RS200 engined Fiesta anyone?). That's more upgrading to me than actually setting up a a car. If I had my own tune and we were in a lobby, would you be the kind of person to give someone pointers on your actual setup (not necessarily the tune you used to get to whatever level the car is at)?

OverHaased
06-08-2015, 14:17
Lets talk a little about tuning. I am a master mechanic by vocation. I am also an SCCA competitor with a Pro Comp license so my comments on this one subject carry some weight.

To decrease understeer in a car you start with alignment. You open the "Toe" stand up caster. These two changes will immediately allow faster/quicker response to turn in. Not in P cars

To increase mid corner grip you can increase camber however it must be accompanied with spring/sway bar changes to control pitch/yaw. This does completely different things in P cars as it may raise corner bite but destroys threshold feel.

Aerodynamics in this game are not dynamic. Increasing down force just changes corner grip and speed in a linear non dynamic fashion. You should always tune for mechanical grip then add downforce to supplement. this is true in every discipline I have ever worked in. Not in P cars. in P cars increased down force adds grip, chassis loading and drag, that is it.

Haiden
06-08-2015, 14:25
I don't think anyone was suggesting that they copy Forza's physics or the career/grind model. Just whatever Forza does that makes their setup saving stable. That would be a good thing to bring to PCars. I like the track specific setup saves in PCars, but I've noticed that other games, like Forza and F1 2015, don't save setups to specific tracks. While not nearly as convenient as the PCars model, the setup saves in both Forza and F1 are reliable. So if the track specific saves are adding a level of complexity that makes function unreliable, I'd rather they just use the nonspecific method. It's too important of a function to screw up.

Schnizz58
06-08-2015, 14:27
That statement in brackets is a joke right ??? If i make a no 1 tune and i'm kind enougth to share it, what give you the right to then go and change it ? Yours sounds like a great idea for peeps not to share tunes.
No of course it isn't a joke. Why should you care that I modified your tune for my driving style?

PTG Claret
06-08-2015, 14:42
No of course it isn't a joke. Why should you care that I modified your tune for my driving style?

The tuning world of Forza is a secretive one. Many, if not most things that would aplly in real life have no bearing in Forza. People do not want you know g the secrets to their good tunes. For example, I know some who run absolute minimum bump on every single car.

It would be nce, however, if you could adjust the brake balance and pressure.

I don't see the point in being able to adjust anything else - because if you k ow what needs changing, why not just make the tune yourself?

Schnizz58
06-08-2015, 14:46
The tuning world of Forza is a secretive one. Many, if not most things that would aplly in real life have no bearing in Forza. People do not want you know g the secrets to their good tunes. For example, I know some who run absolute minimum bump on every single car.
Then don't share the tune. I have no problem with that. But if you do share it, then I want to be able to tweak it to my liking.

I don't see the point in being able to adjust anything else - because if you k ow what needs changing, why not just make the tune yourself?
What's wrong with taking someone's tune as a starting point and then playing around with it to see if you can make it better or more suitable for your driving style?

Raven403
06-08-2015, 15:15

Yeah then why share it at all? I mean If one is so secretive and protective of the tune, just don't share it then, keep it to yourself and rule the LBs. The whole point of sharing the tune, I would think, is to challenge others to beat you......

If that means they do it by changing your tune isn't the premise the same? If you want aN equal playing field, use stock tunes on a separate leaderboard. That's my two cents anyway

Haiden
06-08-2015, 15:17
Then don't share the tune. I have no problem with that. But if you do share it, then I want to be able to tweak it to my liking.

What's wrong with taking someone's tune as a starting point and then playing around with it to see if you can make it better or more suitable for your driving style?

I agree. If you don't want anyone to know, then don't share it. For many, the tuning world of Forza is more about ego, than it is about a genuine desire to help other players. Why can't content owners have the option to make it available unlocked? Was that a feature in previous versions. I feel like I remember it.

WOZZA76
06-08-2015, 18:32
Tuning is comptitive in itself, me "Dixon" loves tuning against others, i like the competition of it, i share quite a few tune's also.There was a time when a furia tune i made held every top ten time on maple valley and probably had over 50 of the top 100 times, is that being helpfull enougth.

OpticalHercules
06-08-2015, 20:04

I agree 100%. I hated Forza's locked tunes. The majority of the tunes I downloaded were undriveable to me. Some had features that I liked but had no clue how to replicate on my own but a few changes for my personal preference would have made that tune really shine for me. The one and only person in Forza5 tuning who's tunes I could hop in and enjoy were Fast Peregrine's.

the idea that having a tune locked and super secret was laughable to me. If someone put in enough time, they could likely try enough point combos to figure out any tune available for download by anyone. The problem with the locked system is that there are so many chaff/crap tunes out there that finding one that really works for you is like winning the lottery, and that did severely impact my enjoyment of the game.

g33k hack3rs
06-08-2015, 22:08
Yeah, the locked tunes only of FM5 was a disaster. FM4 at least you could download shared tunes from the AH and adjust to your own driving preferences. After a while I got to get used to a few tuners that I could load and use as is but there were some that I could never adjust to. But FM5 was much more than just the tune as you had to figure out the build components as well. Not too difficult but there were multiple aspects that got locked down as part of the FM5 tune sharing option. Still, I don't see anything close to the volume of shared tuned available for pCars. It seems everybody still likes to keep the secret sauce hidden rather than shared. Wish there was a way to just click a button and upload my tune to a database for future reference. Typically forget to write down every change I make and invariably have to start over a few times. :(

PTG Claret
06-08-2015, 22:49

Most tuners are not interested in giving up their own hard work, so that someone else can knock 10lbs off the springs, then share the tune as their own. Trust me, that happens.

All those who know Forza well, will know their preffered tuners. I know tuners whose cars I love to drive, and other tuners who I know will help me up the boards. I know the tuners who's cars are suited to me. Most, if not all of these guys spend hours doing the tunes. They'll try random settings, read manuals and books for settings, put in 100s of laps and all to get the perfect tune. Why should they have to reveal the fruits of their labours to you? If they wanted you to see each setting in the tune, they'll release it open source, like at this link:

http://pendulumtuning.freeforums.org/open-source-tunes-f167.html

Otherwise, the tune will be locked and their hard work will pay off as you use their tune. They gain uses, and are awarded credits and badges for the success of their tune.

Personally, I think if someone is willing to share a top tune with the Forza community, then you should be thankful. Not resentful because you can't unlock and change it.

PTG Claret
06-08-2015, 22:51
I agree. If you don't want anyone to know, then don't share it. For many, the tuning world of Forza is more about ego, than it is about a genuine desire to help other players. Why can't content owners have the option to make it available unlocked? Was that a feature in previous versions. I feel like I remember it.

Peope dp release their tunes unlocked, its just a case of finding the right community:

http://pendulumtuning.freeforums.org/open-source-tunes-f167.html

wearymick
06-08-2015, 22:53
Tunes should be shared under GNU GPL V3.0. I open sourced all my tunes on Forza, but would have appreciated people's own tweaks coming back for the benefit of all. Silly discussion really anyway. It's only set-ups in a video game.

PTG Claret
06-08-2015, 22:54
Yeah then why share it at all? I mean If one is so secretive and protective of the tune, just don't share it then, keep it to yourself and rule the LBs. The whole point of sharing the tune, I would think, is to challenge others to beat you......

If that means they do it by changing your tune isn't the premise the same? If you want aN equal playing field, use stock tunes on a separate leaderboard. That's my two cents anyway

Other side of that coin, using the locked tune is the equal playing field.

The point of sharing tunes for most is not to challenge others to beat you. For most its about ego.

For some, its about providing a pleasant car to drive - one that is fast in a lobby, but certainly won't dominate any leaderboards.

PTG Claret
06-08-2015, 22:57
Yeah, the locked tunes only of FM5 was a disaster. FM4 at least you could download shared tunes from the AH and adjust to your own driving preferences. After a while I got to get used to a few tuners that I could load and use as is but there were some that I could never adjust to. But FM5 was much more than just the tune as you had to figure out the build components as well. Not too difficult but there were multiple aspects that got locked down as part of the FM5 tune sharing option. Still, I don't see anything close to the volume of shared tuned available for pCars. It seems everybody still likes to keep the secret sauce hidden rather than shared. Wish there was a way to just click a button and upload my tune to a database for future reference. Typically forget to write down every change I make and invariably have to start over a few times. :(

Pretty sure your mistaken here. Any user created tune applied to a car that they put in the auction house, is not adjustable by the person who buys the car. Just like the paint, the tune is locked.

If you enter the setup to make any adjustments, the tune reverts to stock.

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 00:21
Most tuners are not interested in giving up their own hard work, so that someone else can knock 10lbs off the springs, then share the tune as their own. Trust me, that happens.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Rockefelluh
07-08-2015, 03:16

He is just saying credit should be given where it's due.

OpticalHercules
07-08-2015, 03:47
He is just saying credit should be given where it's due.

I agree that someone shouldn't be able to take another's tune, make one minuscule change and claim it as their own. Perhaps if there was a watermark system that would be applied to any tune created from a base/stock tune that would persist no matter the changes made in the future, or some sort of a changelog that would be part of the tune file, though that could potentially increase the size of the tune files too much. Even with those protections, there would be no way to stop someone from writing down the contents of another's tune, and then starting from scratch and copying custom tune back in while making your own change. It's a crummy situation. Even still, if I had had the ability to make those minuscule changes to a downloaded tune to fit my personal preferences, it would have greatly increased my appreciation of that game, and potentially kept me playing it instead of putting up with the issues this game has.

EMW Grogan
07-08-2015, 04:36
Tunes should be shared under GNU GPL V3.0. I open sourced all my tunes on Forza, but would have appreciated people's own tweaks coming back for the benefit of all. Silly discussion really anyway. It's only set-ups in a video game.

No real offence fella but why on earth would you EXPECT me or anyone else to share or give you my tune/build that could ( usually does ) take weeks of testing and changes, 500+ laps of work, sometimes it's a collaboration of club members input that make that tune capable of #1 times...........and you want it for sitting on your ass?

If people want to share tunes fine, but its just not on demanding it or whining if they don't.

I'm all in favour of sharing replays on leader boards it proves what you have done and encourages development of tunes and competitive hotlapping.

AdM1
07-08-2015, 04:54
I personally have always preferred using my own tunes even if I know they aren't as good as the top tunes because there's some self satisfaction in it imo especially when you do get a good lap in knowing it's your own tune.

I don't tend to spend weeks, 500 odd laps tuning either so if that's what people are doing I'm glad some of my hour, 2 hour tunes are competing :).

EMW Grogan
07-08-2015, 05:17
Agreed no better feeling than DIY success.

All the laps and time are on and off over a long time as the car develops on the boards. Some guy beats the car we try to take it back, re think the tune, take a tenth, win the board back, lose it again, another tune maybe re build the car etc, it's constantly evolving and exciting and infuriating at the same time. Annoys me people think they are entitled to the fruits of your labour.

Most storefront tunes are base tunes capable of decent times but nobody is going to give away the real top tune capable of the top time as if he is a better driver you most likely won't ever beat him again.

PTG Claret
07-08-2015, 05:59

I just assume your trolling at this point.

PTG Claret
07-08-2015, 06:02

All the laps and time are on and off over a long time as the car develops on the boards. Some guy beats the car we try to take it back, re think the tune, take a tenth, win the board back, lose it again, another tune maybe re build the car etc, it's constantly evolving and exciting and infuriating at the same time. Annoys me people think they are entitled to the fruits of your labour.

Most storefront tunes are base tunes capable of decent times but nobody is going to give away the real top tune capable of the top time as if he is a better driver you most likely won't ever beat him again.

I know BAM have their own site with opn source tunes on it. Do you think these are the tunes they set their top times with? I'm way to slow to get that high on the LBs - I'm very happy with top 50 - but their OS tunes are deffinately fast.

EMW Grogan
07-08-2015, 06:08
I know BAM have their own site with opn source tunes on it. Do you think these are the tunes they set their top times with? I'm way to slow to get that high on the LBs - I'm very happy with top 50 - but their OS tunes are deffinately fast.

I wouldn't know, BAM guys are rapid and it's possible they may be their real tunes. Are they open to anyone? Is their a locked out team section that only BAM drivers can access?

FA RACING 01
07-08-2015, 06:09

I firmly agree with that and I'm not even a great tuner at all. Five out of ten of my attempts hits the mark and that's also after many hours of testing and fine tuning, so I can only imagine the hours you guys must put in. AND when I see some of the [unfair] negative responses a guy like Jack van Hees sometimes get when he tries to help, I really do understand why most top tuners/racers don't want to share their tunes.

BUT I believe there's another side of the coin too. In Forza and this game I had my fare share of ramming in MP. When I text these guys and ask them why, most of them first tell me "because they can" and "because you can do nothing about it". But when I persist in texting them, most tell me it's because they can't get their cars to drive like the faster guys and they also want to go to the top half of the LB's. Seldom they want #1, just the top part of the LB's. Now we all know a fast setup might not even make a big difference to their times, but that's how they feel - also just dreaming to become part of the better half. So their way to retaliate is to become rammers, specifically targeting the faster guys. Wrong or not, that's what they do. And it's not only the bottom guys on the LB's. I saw many from the middle group as well.

So, once again I 100% agree with what you say as I too spend hours to work on a tune and luckily I write them down. BUT these guys didn't and when they loose their tune (as sometimes happening after a patch update) they either leave the game or become reckless and starts ramming. Obviously it's no doubt not your or any of the good tuner's responsibility to prevent that, but it's perhaps just a consequence. Will we miss them ? - perhaps not and some might even say definitely not. BUT it sure might turn future Leader boards getting less and less entries. Might be a good thing - or perhaps not ?

PTG Claret
07-08-2015, 06:37
I wouldn't know, BAM guys are rapid and it's possible they may be their real tunes. Are they open to anyone? Is their a locked out team section that only BAM drivers can access?

There may be a locked out section, but here's a link to their OS section:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst360_-Open-Source--International-SetUp-Center----Leaderboards-S-class-KTM-Xbow-and-F50.aspx

I just find it annoying people like schnizz assuming they have a right to alter somebody else's tune - especially when a great deal of tuners provide OS versions anyway.

I know Raceboy does, wearymick, BAM, PTG, craviator.....the list goes on for those prepared to actually look for it.

Not sure I should point you EMW guys in the direction of fast tunes though - Luke and Raul destroy us on a weekly basis in the HLCs we run at PTG already lol.

EMW Grogan
07-08-2015, 06:46
To be honest I'm not interested in doing anything on PCARS it's just too f*cked up ATM

RoccoTTS
07-08-2015, 07:00
To be honest I'm not interested in doing anything on PCARS it's just too f*cked up ATM

What are you doing in this forum if you are not interested in this game ?

EMW Grogan
07-08-2015, 07:08
What are you doing in this forum if you are not interested in this game ?

Nothing to do with you what I'm doing on this forum, don't know what you think would give you the right to even ask. Don't troll me son it's just not worth it.

But since you asked.....I said I'm not interested in DOING anything in this game as it's fu*ked up...doing means any work ie tuning hotlapping etc
I'm not going to waste my time on something I'm not sure will ever work properly.

That ok with you?

RoccoTTS
07-08-2015, 07:47
Nothing to do with you what I'm doing on this forum, don't know what you think would give you the right to even ask. Don't troll me son it's just not worth it.

But since you asked.....I said I'm not interested in DOING anything in this game as it's fu*ked up...doing means any work ie tuning hotlapping etc
I'm not going to waste my time on something I'm not sure will ever work properly.

That ok with you?

Sorry but i just misunderstood you. I thought you where just another troll who's not playing the game anymore but still coming to rant here.
I take my words back :o

That ok with you ?

EMW Grogan
07-08-2015, 07:56
Sorry but i just misunderstood you. I thought you where just another troll who's not playing the game anymore but still coming to rant here.
I take my words back :o

That ok with you ?

Why would you bother trying to be a 'troll hunter' ? People have a right to say what they want within the rules. Why do you get upset if anyone says the game is shit? How does that impact your day?

wearymick
07-08-2015, 08:05
No real offence fella but why on earth would you EXPECT me or anyone else to share or give you my tune/build that could ( usually does ) take weeks of testing and changes, 500+ laps of work, sometimes it's a collaboration of club members input that make that tune capable of #1 times...........and you want it for sitting on your ass?

If people want to share tunes fine, but its just not on demanding it or whining if they don't.

I'm all in favour of sharing replays on leader boards it proves what you have done and encourages development of tunes and competitive hotlapping.

Think you've taken my post out of context and then read it backwards lol. Either that or you're reading challenged mate.

RoccoTTS
07-08-2015, 08:10
Why would you bother trying to be a 'troll hunter' ? People have a right to say what they want within the rules. Why do you get upset if anyone says the game is shit? How does that impact your day?

Leave it now will you !
I said "I'M SORRY". What more do you want ?
I MISUNDERSTOOD YOU !!!

EMW Grogan
07-08-2015, 08:14
Leave it now will you !
I said "I'M SORRY". What more do you want ?
I MISUNDERSTOOD YOU !!!

Just a question why you would hunt 'trolls'. No drama friend.

EMW Grogan
07-08-2015, 08:19
Think you've taken my post out of context and then read it backwards lol. Either that or you're reading challenged mate.

No don't think I did

bodyshop
07-08-2015, 08:42
No one says you can only like one driving game at a time, especially when one is a racing game purely anyway. I'm 39 and over the years I've been ground down by idiots trying to say i'm a noob for liking Xbox (been with xbox from the first one and stayed loyal) and i "should of got a PS", then i had the rubbish pain in the ass "GT is betterer than Forza", i didn't care, i just knew that i didn't want to be one of those people with 2 consoles as i don't have much time to play anyway with one.
And now players argue on the same platform about different games which both happen to have cars in them!

Come on, its gaming, we're meant to be enjoying it! If someone likes Forza more than PCars or visa versa why try to change their minds? Whats the point?

FA RACING 01
07-08-2015, 08:51
After some heavy game freezes on TT's and Solo again last night, I'm giving the game a rest too until patch 3 comes out. Never thought pre-patch 2 that I will do this, but post-patch 2 the frustrations are driving me nuts.

EMW Grogan
07-08-2015, 08:58
No one says you can only like one driving game at a time, especially when one is a racing game purely anyway. I'm 39 and over the years I've been ground down by idiots trying to say i'm a noob for liking Xbox (been with xbox from the first one and stayed loyal) and i "should of got a PS", then i had the rubbish pain in the ass "GT is betterer than Forza", i didn't care, i just knew that i didn't want to be one of those people with 2 consoles as i don't have much time to play anyway with one.
And now players argue on the same platform about different games which both happen to have cars in them!

Come on, its gaming, we're meant to be enjoying it! If someone likes Forza more than PCars or visa versa why try to change their minds? Whats the point?

I know I liked this post, but I REALLY like this post /\

And yeah ive made a pointless post

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 13:55
I just assume your trolling at this point.

Assume what you like. I see nothing wrong with allowing people to share tunes with one another and then allowing them to improve those tunes and share them back. That's how open source works.

OverHaased
07-08-2015, 14:25
In Forza much of the tuning is pure and simple black magic. It lays outside of real world physics and has very little to do with real world tuning. That said the results from common sense changes are dramatic enough to allow a novice some encouraging results when they go in the right direction. Where it gets strange is on the mechanical grip side of the equation. Adding adjustable suspension and getting a car softened up enough to use the damping and sway bar adjustments is where the grip estimated is counter-intuitive. You should tune from a point of traction paired with a cars balance. Just like IRL adjusting grip first then setting balance with alignment and control of chassis roll usually results in a faster easier to drive car.

Cars with high down force IRL are tuned with very low down force at first then add more wing countered with higher spring rates to control ride height. You try that in Forza or P cars and you end up with a slow truck like feeling.

I tune real race cars and smugly believed I could come into these games and become the worlds greatest tuner, LOL Little Bobby with his control pad seems to be able to just grab an open tune and kick my butt.

Haiden
07-08-2015, 14:27
Assume what you like. I see nothing wrong with allowing people to share tunes with one another and then allowing them to improve those tunes and share them back. That's how open source works.

I agree that someone shouldn't be able to take another's tune, make one minuscule change and claim it as their own. Perhaps if there was a watermark system that would be applied to any tune created from a base/stock tune that would persist no matter the changes made in the future, or some sort of a changelog that would be part of the tune file, though that could potentially increase the size of the tune files too much. Even with those protections, there would be no way to stop someone from writing down the contents of another's tune, and then starting from scratch and copying custom tune back in while making your own change. It's a crummy situation. Even still, if I had had the ability to make those minuscule changes to a downloaded tune to fit my personal preferences, it would have greatly increased my appreciation of that game, and potentially kept me playing it instead of putting up with the issues this game has.

They could simply make it so that players can only upload content they created from scratch. Downloaded tunes or edited tunes couldn't be uploaded again. If someone writes it all down and creates a new tune under their name, who really cares? It's a video game. Until Turn10 sets up a way for players to actually get paid real dollars in the real world for their tuning work, players are basically just protecting their ego, because it's not like their intellectual property is at risk. :) If you are competing in some real world tournament that offers cash prizes, then I'm assuming you're not stupid enough to share your competition tunes. But if you're mad because someone took the tune you shared in a public space, changed it, uploaded it under their own name, and is now getting more Likes than you, then, IMO, it seems like you're just in it for the ego boost. Because honestly, who cares? You're not losing any money, and however much time you put into creating the tune wasn't hard work; it was gaming. And yes, there's a difference. It's not work, because you're not getting a check; you're not getting promoted; you're not even getting a blue ribbon, because it's just a game. You're not a race engineer protecting lucrative trade secrets. We're all just gamers, fiddling with a few tuning sliders. This is what real work looks like when you're talking about racing sims. The guys sitting over his shoulder... They're working. See the difference?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVlLX7qMPBQ

Personally, I like creating my own tunes. But there are tons of players that just don't have the time to learn the settings or run laps to perfect a tune. Criticism of these players is misplaced. It's just not their playing style, and that's fine. Their experience is no less fulfilling that yours, because they are obviously looking for a different experience when it comes racing games. And there's nothing wrong with that. Also, not everyone starts out tuning. I played for a couple years, only making very minor adjustments and/or using community tunes. After a while, I decided to take the next step. But I probably wouldn't have done that if I hadn't been able to use community tunes to enhance my game experience and show me how much of a difference tuning can make.

IMO, Open is better. It will only benefit the community overall.

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 14:58
I just find it annoying people like schnizz assuming they have a right to alter somebody else's tune - especially when a great deal of tuners provide OS versions anyway.
Again dude, I can't fathom why anyone would care that someone else modified a tune they created but if they do for some insane reason, then they don't have to share it.

Brent G
07-08-2015, 16:23
After some heavy game freezes on TT's and Solo again last night, I'm giving the game a rest too until patch 3 comes out. Never thought pre-patch 2 that I will do this, but post-patch 2 the frustrations are driving me nuts.

Same here buddy, the set up save/load issue has killed it for me. Its soul destroying having to input tunes over and over and over............and over! SMS, get ya finger out.

Scav3nger
07-08-2015, 16:50
All this Forza tune talk is getting away from the topic.

WOZZA76
07-08-2015, 17:39
@haiden why don't you get someone to drive for you as well,post a few top 100s eh,why not, its a game your not getting paid to drive. Your argument is rubbish mate and you must of never created a decent tune what your proud of

WOZZA76
07-08-2015, 17:58
Again dude, I can't fathom why anyone would care that someone else modified a tune they created but if they do for some insane reason, then they don't have to share it.Eg, So i put a tune up on the sharefront what i quite proud of, its open to everyone. This tune i made as one problem, i didn't know that if i put more -toe on it,it went a whole 4tengths quicker, some random guy found this out and wont share is info.Gutted because he's give it to all is friends. I spent hours making that tune.

Haiden
07-08-2015, 18:23
@haiden why don't you get someone to drive for you as well,post a few top 100s eh,why not, its a game your not getting paid to drive. Your argument is rubbish mate and you must of never created a decent tune what your proud of

Actually, you're comment is the one that's rubbish, because if you'd bothered to pay attention, you would have read that I do make my own tunes. I just don't knock the people that don't, or think it matters if people change a tune that someone else shared publicly. And my argument is totally valid. It's a game/hobby. I play because I enjoy playing, nothing more. Why would I pay someone to enjoy my entertainment for me? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You really should think before you type.

Eg, So i put a tune up on the sharefront what i quite proud of, its open to everyone. This tune i made as one problem, i didn't know that if i put more -toe on it,it went a whole 4tengths quicker, some random guy found this out and wont share is info.Gutted because he's give it to all is friends. I spent hours making that tune.

What does it matter to you? How do you even know he figured that out and gave it to his friends? Why can't you just be happy with the tune you created, or keep working on it? Eventually, I'm sure you'll figure that little detail out. Are you honestly mad that some guy you don't know improved your tune and didn't tell you? I'm sorry, but...LOL Really? Again, how would you even know this happened?

AdM1
07-08-2015, 18:24
Eg, So i put a tune up on the sharefront what i quite proud of, its open to everyone. This tune i made as one problem, i didn't know that if i put more -toe on it,it went a whole 4tengths quicker, some random guy found this out and wont share is info.Gutted because he's give it to all is friends. I spent hours making that tune.

Then that's your own fault for sharing it no? If you didn't want this to happen don't share.

FA RACING 01
07-08-2015, 18:31
Then that's your own fault for sharing it no? If you didn't want this to happen don't share.

If that's the message we give to the good tuners around, how can we then blame them if they don't share. ?

Haiden
07-08-2015, 18:35
If that's the message we give to the good tuners around, how can we then blame them if they don't share. ?

Because not all tuners care. It's not like unlocking tunes is going to stop everyone from sharing tunes. It will only stop the people who are sharing their tunes for ego reasons. If you're not looking for recognition, then you're not going to care if someone changes it.

AdM1
07-08-2015, 18:36

We cant, if their ego's are too inflated that they feel they have to protect a tune for a poxy game then that's up to them.

Personally I share it and then don't care what happens with it. Not going to cry because someone beat my time with another tune that may or may not be based of my own tune.

Haiden
07-08-2015, 18:37
Personally I share it and then don't care what happens with it. Not going to cry because someone beat my time with another tune that may or may not be based of my own tune.

Nope! In fact, instead of whining, I'd be downloading that improved version to see what they did... LOL

WOZZA76
07-08-2015, 18:38
Hahaha! Haiden the sky is blue, pls pls tell me it is'nt lol

Adm and Haiden, Eg means ????

I'm happy not to share especially with idiots that have no clue lol

AdM1
07-08-2015, 18:42

How on earth is that even relevant? Are you on drugs?

If you don't want to share that's fine, we wont cry about it ;).

WOZZA76
07-08-2015, 18:45
Nope,Are you a idiot?

Haiden
07-08-2015, 18:49

The funny thing is...you say this in a forum for a game that is basically open. Tons of people are using Jack Spade's FFB settings. Are they locked? No. They were shared in an Excel sheet that anyone can adjust to their liking. He even comments that his settings are just a starting point. Countless other people have been sharing screenshots and charts of their tuning setups. Again, totally open for anyone to change. So, go ahead... tell me again how this is a bad thing? How no one is going to want to put the time and effort into tuning if their setups aren't protected. Like I said, it's your argument that's rubbish, because it's already been proved wrong. You're literally playing a game and posting in a forum that disproves your point, and you don't even realize it...LOL

How long do you think it took Jack Spade to work out those settings? Is he selling them? Nope. Is crying that people aren't using them as-is? Nope. Why? Because he didn't do it for ego reasons. He did it to help the community, and the community is better for his contribution. I don't know why this concept of community and collaboration is so difficult for people like you don't understand.

AdM1
07-08-2015, 18:53
Nope,Are you a idiot?

Yes, I wouldn't be sat here conversing with you if I wasn't :).

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 18:53
I don't know why you'd be gutted. Now there's a better tune out there that you can use. Seems like a win for everybody.

WOZZA76
07-08-2015, 18:55
/\/\/\Haiden if there basic like you say "just a starting point" probably not that long, what do you reckon ?

WOZZA76
07-08-2015, 18:56
I don't know why you'd be gutted. Now there's a better tune out there that you can use. Seems like a win for everybody.

Read again mate. : )

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 19:11
OK, I misread the first time but I still don't see the problem. How would you even know of the existence of your new-and-improved tune that he won't share? How are you any worse off because of it?

Haiden
07-08-2015, 19:15
/\/\/\Haiden if there basic like you say "just a starting point" probably not that long, what do you reckon ?

What???? LOL Do you even know what I'm talking about? It had to have taken him quite some time. A lot of effort went into those settings--for every car in the game. So what I reckon is... The fact that you don't seem to know what Jack Spade settings are actually says a lot about your community experience, or lack of it I should I say. He's also not the only one sharing. PCars is open, so anyone sharing tunes, does so knowing that others will be able to modify them. And that hasn't stopped people from sharing. So, again, you're point is rubbish, because it's already been disproved.

MonK3Y
07-08-2015, 19:19
I'm actually a bit worried about FM6. I know for a fact I won't be able to use cockpit view, that steering angle limitation is impossible to stand after Project CARS. We'll see...

PTG Claret
07-08-2015, 19:29

I know how open source works, but seeing as you were replying to a comment about shared storefront tunes, and making minor changes and sharing it as your own, I think I assumed correctly.

"Most tuners are not interested in giving up their own hard work, so that someone else can knock 10lbs off the springs, then share the tune as their own. Trust me, that happens."

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 19:33
No you didn't but if it makes you feel better then go ahead and believe what you want to believe. Are you unable to explain to me why this is a problem?

"Most tuners are not interested in giving up their own hard work, so that someone else can knock 10lbs off the springs, then share the tune as their own. Trust me, that happens."

PTG Claret
07-08-2015, 19:34
Again dude, I can't fathom why anyone would care that someone else modified a tune they created but if they do for some insane reason, then they don't have to share it.

Because what happens, is that people make minor changes to an awesome tune, and claim to be great tuners.

Keeping the tunes locked shows who the genuinely great tuners are.

As an example, you will notice that the 1000s of amazing painters from FM4 seem to have disappeared nlw that paints can't be shared unlocked. Those that have disappeared - minus those that haven't got an xbone - haven't got the amazing level of paints to share they did in previousforzas because they now have to do it themselves, rather than maki g minor changes to someone else's work.

There are 1000s of open source tunes around the internet anyway, they're just not often found on the (Gestapo run) Forza forums.

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 19:37
Because what happens, is that people make minor changes to an awesome tune, and claim to be great tuners.
OK I'm with you so far. Continue.

the (Gestapo run) Forza forums.
This we can agree on.

PTG Claret
07-08-2015, 19:44
No you didn't but if it makes you feel better then go ahead and believe what you want to believe. Are you unable to explain to me why this is a problem?

Because in Forza, some people are known as great painter, others great racers, others great hotlappers, others great photographers, and other great tuners.

Just like some of the fastest hotlappers hide their replays, some of the best tuners lime to keep their tuning techniques secret.

I'm not a great tuner by any means, but those times I have made are all available open sources, I'm just explaining why tunes are and probably always will be shared locked on the storefronts.

That's all from me, this is a pcars thread after all.......

Haiden
07-08-2015, 19:46
Everyone keeps talking about giving up their hard work. Well here's the primary definition of work: sustained physical or mental effort to overcome obstacles and achieve an objective or result

So, if creating a tune is work, what exactly is the objective or result being sought for the effort? If it's ego, then I can see why sharing open tunes would be a problem for some people. If it's to assist and help make a better experience and community, then you're not going to care. It simply depends on which camp you fall into. I personally don't care if someone changes my tunes. If it makes them a better, cleaner racer, then my online experience also improves. Sounds like a win-win.

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 19:48
Because in Forza, some people are known as great painter, others great racers, others great hotlappers, others great photographers, and other great tuners.
OK but why is it a problem that someone modifies someone else's tune and then shares the new one?

Just like some of the fastest hotlappers hide their replays, some of the best tuners lime to keep their tuning techniques secret.
I think that's stupid but no one is forcing them to share their tunes. If they want their tunes kept secret, that's entirely up to them.

I'm just explaining why tunes are and probably always will be shared locked on the storefronts.
Good, I'm eagerly awaiting this explanation.

Haiden
07-08-2015, 19:50

Keeping the tunes locked shows who the genuinely great tuners are.

As an example, you will notice that the 1000s of amazing painters from FM4 seem to have disappeared nlw that paints can't be shared unlocked. Those that have disappeared - minus those that haven't got an xbone - haven't got the amazing level of paints to share they did in previousforzas because they now have to do it themselves, rather than maki g minor changes to someone else's work.

There are 1000s of open source tunes around the internet anyway, they're just not often found on the (Gestapo run) Forza forums.

And you think this is a good thing? Forza 5 has less good liveries than Forza 4 did, which results in a grid full of the same cars and less choices for players. Unless you're in the Bizzarro world, how is this a better community?

And who cares who the great tuners are? I bought the game to race, not stroke tuners. Again, ego driven.

OverHaased
07-08-2015, 23:41
First off this "game" is a competition. Every single thing you do in it is competing. So to compete you are attempting to do something "better" then the other people you are "playing" with. So why in the heck should I not keep as much of what allows me to be faster, better or stronger proprietary?

I have no problem coaching, instructing, hell even mentoring another player. However if I am in a race regardless of type my objective is to be the best, fastest, strongest player/driver in that race.

So if I spend my time building a faster car then you have, or figured out a faster line around your favorite track,.....too bad for you if that feels unfair.

It is a competitive game for us to play by competing. If that is harsh or politically incorrect,. well I just don't care.

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 23:42
Fine, if that's how you see it then don't share your tune. Fortunately not every body does.

AdM1
08-08-2015, 00:04
First off this "game" is a competition. Every single thing you do in it is competing. So to compete you are attempting to do something "better" then the other people you are "playing" with. So why in the heck should I not keep as much of what allows me to be faster, better or stronger proprietary?

I have no problem coaching, instructing, hell even mentoring another player. However if I am in a race regardless of type my objective is to be the best, fastest, strongest player/driver in that race.

So if I spend my time building a faster car then you have, or figured out a faster line around your favorite track,.....too bad for you if that feels unfair.

It is a competitive game for us to play by competing. If that is harsh or politically incorrect,. well I just don't care.

No one said you couldn't keep the tune to yourself, no one called you greedy or selfish for it, it's entirely up to the player so keep your knickers on.

bumpkin
08-08-2015, 06:35
Thank goodness some tuners are willing to share their knowledge and painters willing to share their creations.

That allows me to start the game, load a car with a livery and a tune and go racing! I guess this whole debate highlights why Cycled Production was our lobby of choice in F4, shame T10 dropped the ball and didn't give us one in F5 until just before PCars came out.....

Nothing quite beats single make series with absolutely identical machinery, then it is not about how good you are at tuning, it is all about your skill behind the wheel.