PDA

View Full Version : Brno Corner Tire Stacks Knocked onto Track

OperatorWay
01-08-2015, 23:52
I've noticed when driving at Brno that the tire stacks marking some corners can be knocked over, and they'll sometimes fall onto the track, becoming solid obstacles. I think it'd be nice if they could be either removed or ghosted in-game when they've been moved onto the track surface (as they'd be removed from the track during a caution in a real race).

(I did a brief search & didn't find any prior reports of this.)

klorptar
02-08-2015, 04:47
Yeah, I've had to pit to repair damage from them while doing Formula A races there.

STEELJOCKEY
02-08-2015, 04:53
Normally there would be track marshals to move these out of the way after a yellow caution for safety. They certainly are a pain when they sit right on the racing line lap after lap causing mayhem and destruction, broken cars, lost lap times etc.

Maybe some devs could look into these tyre bundles being replaced or removed after dislodgement, maybe after a lap or so of racing?

Poulka
02-08-2015, 07:20
Yes this has been a problem for me as well. They get knocked into groove and if you aren't careful it can ruin your race.

Dresden
02-08-2015, 07:22
I actually like the 'charm' of having real world objects modeled into the game. After coming from Forza and its baked lighting and weather things like the cones make the game feel so much more realistic. I do not race with real damage on though as I hate losing headlights in night racing so it is a simple matter of pushing the cone out of the way for me.

Perhaps a 3 or 5 lap countdown and then the cone disappears or is ghosted will keep all happy.

loslogo
02-08-2015, 07:24
I like details like this, it's something to dodge as well.

Olijke Poffer
02-08-2015, 07:33
There are more threads where users complaining about the tire stacks. Not only on BRNO. Although this track has the most serious tire stack problem indeed..

Plato99
02-08-2015, 08:37
Brno also has a huge flashing sky bug problem.
This and the tyre debris are ruining this great circuit.

cpl
02-08-2015, 11:00
i once got a penalty for hitting a tire stack that was lying in the middle of the circuit in that uphill lefthander before the start/finish straight.

Jakob
02-08-2015, 11:18
I've been penalized for hitting those tires during qualifying and the tire was on the track.

Plato99
02-08-2015, 11:19
Should penalise the marshals for not shifting them ��