PDA

View Full Version : Bug?! Lap Time Delta

hoodi4cars
02-08-2015, 00:04
Hi, something weird just happened with the Lap Time Delta in time trial: In the timings box, I had selected the view where it shows "my best" next to my current lap. Normally, the real-time delta which is displayed in the last column, is comparing your current time to the "my best" time in that case. However, in this case the lap time delta compared to my "session" time throughout the lap. Only at the moment when I crossed the finish line it recalculated the final delta and showed it correctly in relation to the "my best". But once the real-time delta kicked in again for the lap, it compared it to the session time again. So in other words, I could not get the real time delta in relation to "my best" time, it always compared to my "session" time throughout the lap. Restarting the session didn't help. Is this a bug or am I missing some configuration here?

fa-racing
02-08-2015, 00:07
I had this happen to me yesterday.

hkraft300
02-08-2015, 02:48
there are multiple options for timing data to be displayed on the HUD. If you assign a button you can switch between best time, session time, last 5 laps (no delta), none and something else... Maybe you the button and switched to session time?
I usually run session time to see my sector deltas. Occasionally it flips out on real time delta and doesn't reset til I pass the sector/finish line on a clean lap. Usually happens if I go off track and my lap time is invalidated.

xautos
02-08-2015, 06:55
i tab for the sector deltas a lap in the top right of the screen, unfortunately that has become an unreliable indicator recently so im returning to the feel of knowing when im faster each lap and hoping the delta turns green sector in the middle of the screen.

hoodi4cars
02-08-2015, 17:40
there are multiple options for timing data to be displayed on the HUD. If you assign a button you can switch between best time, session time, last 5 laps (no delta), none and something else... Maybe you the button and switched to session time?
I usually run session time to see my sector deltas. Occasionally it flips out on real time delta and doesn't reset til I pass the sector/finish line on a clean lap. Usually happens if I go off track and my lap time is invalidated.

as I described in my first post, I had set it up to show "my best". The delta should compare to that, but it didn't.

hoodi4cars
02-08-2015, 20:02
I just played again and the whole lap time thingy seems to be completely broken now for me. It shows the weirdest deltas that seem to not macht my best time nor my session best. As soon as I cross the finish line the value suddenly jumps to some totally different value than what it said during the lap. I have no clue no more what exactly it shows but it doesn't help me to know if my lap is faster than some other lap or not. Somethign must have broken it yesterday. It's not really fun like this because I cannot find out how to tackle corners if it shows me unreliable deltas.
Question: How can I "reset" the game? I hope when I delete all my data and have kind of a "fresh install" it will work again. thx

wearymick
03-08-2015, 02:53
'My Best' has never worked for me in any way that made sense and often becomes completely scrambled on a session restart. The session times are overall more stable but can also become confused with the running counter for ahead/behind. The pop-up deltas alone are completely accurate in my experience.