PDA

View Full Version : SMS, what are your plans?

fa-racing
02-08-2015, 00:16
What are you planning on doing to prevent or stop online ramming or track blocking?

MXR SMILER
02-08-2015, 00:25
Strikes me that there would be little anyone can do to stop somebody with an IQ no greater than their age from being an idiot in MP. I think selective breeding is the answer.

Psychomatrix
02-08-2015, 00:42
What should sms do in your eyes?

Skrillex
02-08-2015, 02:23
What are you planning on doing to prevent or stop online ramming or track blocking?
Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done in open rooms. Your better off finding like minded racers and racing in private rooms.

Onikami
02-08-2015, 02:44
Yeah thats really a problem. Piss you off when your focused on the race then some idiot parked the car in the middle of the track. I hope online reputation gets fixed soon.

hkraft300
02-08-2015, 02:54
Strikes me that there would be little anyone can do to stop somebody with an IQ no greater than their age from being an idiot in MP. I think selective breeding is the answer.

+1 selective breeding lol

t0daY
02-08-2015, 03:47

SMS is actual planning to turn every car in a ghost car. It is like to drive in a big TT session with other "ghosts". This method could prevent immediatly every ramming and blocking in the Multiplayer.
Another thing SMS is planning to teleport you into the pits if you are leaving the tracklimits. This ensures clean world records and fair racing on the track.
About the missing pit stop animation I have my own idea... If you are entering the pits, your screen turns completly black... So you literally see nothing and there is no need for any animation. After exiting pits your screen goes normal again.

/sarcasm

TMoney
02-08-2015, 04:10
SMS is actual planning to turn every car in a ghost car. It is like to drive in a big TT session with other "ghosts". This method could prevent immediatly every ramming and blocking in the Multiplayer.
Another thing SMS is planning to teleport you into the pits if you are leaving the tracklimits. This ensures clean world records and fair racing on the track.
About the missing pit stop animation I have my own idea... If you are entering the pits, your screen turns completly black... So you literally see nothing and there is no need for any animation. After exiting pits your screen goes normal again.

/s

I hope that's a joke. All we need is an accurate reputation system with good matchmaking.

Bongomaster
02-08-2015, 06:25
Can't change human nature. This is why I don't play online races.

loslogo
02-08-2015, 07:03

/s

That is easily the worst idea I've ever heard. Bring in ghost cars and i'm done. Would absolutely destroy the realism.

tgrey
02-08-2015, 07:08
For those that missed it...

/s

http://i.imgur.com/Sdn0rP7.jpg

loslogo
02-08-2015, 07:25
It's lame.

Frippe
02-08-2015, 09:23
But I don't understand why "return to pit box" isn't available in online. This option should be there. I had my car crashed and only way for me to not be in the way is to quit the lobby all together.

Also, when getting the speed limit penalty, it would be good if those cars gets ghosted. So annoying slamming into someone because he can only drive slow.

t0daY
02-08-2015, 09:56
I hope that's a joke. All we need is an accurate reputation system with good matchmaking.

That is easily the worst idea I've ever heard. Bring in ghost cars and i'm done. Would absolutely destroy the realism.

/s = /sarcasm xDD

I think there is atm important stuff to do than creating a reputation system really... Search some private lobbies, join some communitys and your problem is solved. You got rammer and blocker in every racing game, so its useless to make complaints about a reputation system...

Fanatest
02-08-2015, 10:10
Ghosting cars... Is this really being considered?
So working your way through traffic in multi class, endurance races etc is no longer a requirement, just drive right through them... Really?

Reputation system (implemented well) is all we need.

tgrey
02-08-2015, 10:30
Ghosting cars... Is this really being considered?
So working your way through traffic in multi class, endurance races etc is no longer a requirement, just drive right through them... Really?

Reputation system (implemented well) is all we need.

Jesus, the guy even came back and said he was being sarcastic... and edited his post so the "/s" now reads "/sarcasm"

How gullible can you possibly be to still believe it?

MXR SMILER
02-08-2015, 10:45
[QUOTE=tgrey;1071417]Jesus, the guy even came back and said he was being sarcastic... and edited his post so the "/s" now reads "/sarcasm"

How gullible can you possibly be to still believe it?[/QUhttp://forum.projectcarsgame.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1071417OTE]
LMFAO

resmania
02-08-2015, 10:46
Play with a friend/group members, problem solved.

fa-racing
02-08-2015, 11:27
What should sms do in your eyes?

First up they should stop giving me bad reputation for Every. Single. Comment. I. Make. For no reason. As the comments they put on seemingly casual or neutral comments of mine are extremely childish and unprofessional.

Back on topic.

What they really should do is use the G force accelerometer to prevent ramming by having the game disqualify players for hitting another player with a high enough force.

To stop track blocking; have the cars that are down a lap and moving below a certain speed be made into a ghost.

To stop grid sitting; have it so that you will need to press a button to continue onto the race from qualifying other wise you will have to start in the pits.

Sankyo
02-08-2015, 11:33
Jesus, the guy even came back and said he was being sarcastic... and edited his post so the "/s" now reads "/sarcasm"

How gullible can you possibly be to still believe it?

Why the need to jump on someone like that? So many different people here, things are easily lost on a written forum.

MXR SMILER
02-08-2015, 11:53
What they really should do is use the G force accelerometer to prevent ramming by having the game disqualify players for hitting another player with a high enough force...........Which player is to blame - how do you work it out - doesn't sound feasible to me.
To stop track blocking; have the cars that are down a lap and moving below a certain speed be made into a ghost....... can foresee problems with ghosted cars at slow speeds - car slows down because of penalty, I think he's down a lap, ghosted for blocking, BANG.
To stop grid sitting; have it so that you will need to press a button to continue onto the race from qualifying other wise you will have to start in the pits.... can't you drive round them?

TrevorAustin
02-08-2015, 11:58
First up they should stop giving me bad reputation for Every. Single. Comment. I. Make. For no reason. As the comments they put on seemingly casual or neutral comments of mine are extremely childish and unprofessional.

Back on topic.

What they really should do is use the G force accelerometer to prevent ramming by having the game disqualify players for hitting another player with a high enough force.

To stop track blocking; have the cars that are down a lap and moving below a certain speed be made into a ghost.

To stop grid sitting; have it so that you will need to press a button to continue onto the race from qualifying other wise you will have to start in the pits.

Sms aren't putting those comments on:) other users are, lol

fa-racing
02-08-2015, 12:11
Sms aren't putting those comments on:) other users are, lol

Wait... You can down vote people!?

Mahjik
02-08-2015, 12:48

SMS staff don't use the reputation functionality on the forum. If you are getting negative comments, they are coming from other users not SMS staff.

TrevorAustin
02-08-2015, 13:06

Yes, but zero point to it, as nobody has any reputation to use up:) it just sounds like little kids running to mum.

hummock
02-08-2015, 14:32
I was playing the other week and saw messages of people getting "kicked" from the game. Is that an admin function?

I imagine most of these griefers will go away once they get bored of being clowns.

hkraft300
02-08-2015, 15:18
I was playing the other week and saw messages of people getting "kicked" from the game. Is that an admin function?

I imagine most of these griefers will go away once they get bored of being clowns.

There's a "vote to kick" option, but it seriously needs a lot of votes to work. And only effective if the player is kicked within 2 minutes of race start or they can just jump straight back in the lobby.

Why the need to jump on someone like that? So many different people here, things are easily lost on a written forum.

Need because Internet idiocy doesn't face enough consequences for stupid comments.

Blupp
02-08-2015, 15:53
Unfortunately, there is no algorithm to cure human stupidity. So we all have to live with it.

FoxMulder
02-08-2015, 15:56
But there is - FREE EDUCATION.

hkraft300
02-08-2015, 16:39
But there is - FREE EDUCATION.

Blasphemy!
Be mindful of the works you speak, friend...

MXR SMILER
02-08-2015, 17:21
I repeat ......

AlanK
02-08-2015, 17:39

Yes, but regrettably only to be replaced with new clowns who have just bought Pcars! The public lobby desperately needs a minimal framework of checks and rules. What we have at present is effectively anarchy - "I can ram you as much as I want because there's nothing to stop me". Nice.

Sankyo
02-08-2015, 17:46
Need because Internet idiocy doesn't face enough consequences for stupid comments.
So you declare someone an idiot when he/she misinterprets something and doesn't see the clarification? Let's hope then that you never make a human error on the internet and get abused and scoffed at because of it, as that's apparently the norm.

tgrey
02-08-2015, 18:05

Sorry, wasn't trying to jump on anyone specific, but there's three very clear statements that it was a joke at that point, and people are *STILL* falling for it. :confused:

MXR SMILER
02-08-2015, 18:13
and a picture..

hkraft300
03-08-2015, 03:29
So you declare someone an idiot when he/she misinterprets something and doesn't see the clarification? Let's hope then that you never make a human error on the internet and get abused and scoffed at because of it, as that's apparently the norm.

If I do something stupid (Internet comment or otherwise) and/or make a mistake then yes, I stand to be corrected and face the consequences.
If I do a shit job I don't expect a pat on the back.
But that's a different topic altogether.

Sankyo
03-08-2015, 04:40
If I do something stupid (Internet comment or otherwise) and/or make a mistake then yes, I stand to be corrected and face the consequences.
If I do a shit job I don't expect a pat on the back.
But that's a different topic altogether.

There is a difference between making an error and doing something stupid.

jason
03-08-2015, 05:00
Some people make stupid errors :) ...... Back in the corner for me .

Pyromaniak666
03-08-2015, 06:23
Not Recruiting but if you want clean racing join us here (http://projectcars.onlinegamingleague.org/index.php), i too can't stand people who block the tracks or just ram you off because you seem to be quicker than them.

There isn't much that SMS can do, like other suggestions, find people who share the same sportsmanship as you do

hkraft300
03-08-2015, 09:53
Some people make stupid errors :) ...... Back in the corner for me .

I'm sorry I had no downforce while drafting and panic swerved to avoid contact!
Never gonna let me forget that lap 1 spin at Imola in the Gulf cars, will you? :p

Doctor Doom
03-08-2015, 12:16
Why can't people just enjoy the game? Seriously, I grew up on turbo and Pole Position and Test Drive in the 80's. The graphics are a bit better today.

fa-racing
03-08-2015, 15:45
Since SMS hasn't replied, I take it they have no plans on fixing the ramming and track blocking/sitting?

MXR SMILER
03-08-2015, 17:06
Since SMS hasn't replied, I take it they have no plans on fixing the ramming and track blocking/sitting?
If you had read any of the posts below they would have given you a good idea about the likelihood of anyone from a busy group of people who are currently fixing the game - repeating what has already been said. YOU CANT FIX THE PLAYERS - sorry

diesel97
03-08-2015, 17:24
I would guess that the drive rep system was put in the game for some reason , besides taking up srceen space in your profile page . Turn it on .

nono782
03-08-2015, 18:08
But if you hit a "going the wrong way" car or a sitting car, who gets the bad reputation ?
If a wrecked car comes into you, you can't avoid it, do you accept to get bad rep points ?
If someone pushes you and make you push the guy before you...
If an accident occurs in front of you and you can't dodge it...
If you slip on a curb, lose control and crash someone...
Not easy to punish the right person.

That's why the idea of moving the sitting and wrong way cars to the pits would be a nice start.

fa-racing
03-08-2015, 19:22
If you had read any of the posts below they would have given you a good idea about the likelihood of anyone from a busy group of people who are currently fixing the game - repeating what has already been said. YOU CANT FIX THE PLAYERS - sorry

You're right, you can't fix the players.. Or can you? Iracing has done a good job with this problem at hand.

Obviously if people want to ram, they're going to ram. what can be done is implementing methods into the game to try and stop the small population of this game from ruining it for everyone else.

MrFlibble81
03-08-2015, 19:34
You're right, you can't fix the players.. Or can you? Iracing has done a good job with this problem at hand.

Obviously if people want to ram, they're going to ram. what can be done is implementing methods into the game to try and stop the small population of this game from ruining it for everyone else.

Except that iracing has a paid subscription and a set of mods who watch every race (I've never actually played iracing so I'm just going by what I've read elsewhere. So correct me if I'm wrong).

Also I would say it's not a "small population" if they're seemingly in every race or ruining it for "everyone else". As much as I and most other people would like something to be done, the chances are there won't be.

SMS are not about to tell people how to play the game. People have the right to play the game however they want. They have spent the same amount of money on it as you and I have so they have just as much right.

Whether you agree with the way they choose to "race" (and I use that word lightly) is irrelevant, that's how they choose to play. SMS are probably not going to say one type of player can no longer play our game as that will mean their game is in less people's hands and therefore there will be less people to buy PCARS 2.

It's a business and they're trying to make money. The powers that be (which is probably not Ian and his team) don't give a crap about the players, they just want people to buy the game and keep it for as long as possible which is why they have DLC.

That being said, I would like the rating system already in the game to actually work. That would go a long way to alleviating the problem. Also "Long" races that are actually long would help too. "Long" races right now is 5 laps and up. Most of them are 5 laps. That's not a long race, that's a sprint....

maurice-pascale
03-08-2015, 20:00
Except that iracing has a paid subscription and a set of mods who watch every race (I've never actually played iracing so I'm just going by what I've read elsewhere. So correct me if I'm wrong).

Also I would say it's not a "small population" if they're seemingly in every race or ruining it for "everyone else". As much as I and most other people would like something to be done, the chances are there won't be.

SMS are not about to tell people how to play the game. People have the right to play the game however they want. They have spent the same amount of money on it as you and I have so they have just as much right.

Whether you agree with the way they choose to "race" (and I use that word lightly) is irrelevant, that's how they choose to play. SMS are probably not going to say one type of player can no longer play our game as that will mean their game is in less people's hands and therefore there will be less people to buy PCARS 2.

It's a business and they're trying to make money. The powers that be (which is probably not Ian and his team) don't give a crap about the players, they just want people to buy the game and keep it for as long as possible which is why they have DLC.

That being said, I would like the rating system already in the game to actually work. That would go a long way to alleviating the problem. Also "Long" races that are actually long would help too. "Long" races right now is 5 laps and up. Most of them are 5 laps. That's not a long race, that's a sprint....

but at online race's there are rules, there they must respect the rules of online racing......sure, everyone can play how he wants, in single player....but online there are rules, special for online racing......i think Iracing do there a good job with watching the online race's......
if we all would do what we want in real life, the world would be the planet of the apes

Umer Ahmad
03-08-2015, 20:10
Even apes have rules

MrFlibble81
03-08-2015, 20:13
but at online race's there are rules, there they must respect the rules of online racing......sure, everyone can play how he wants, in single player....but online there are rules, special for online racing......i think Iracing do there a good job with watching the online race's......
if we all would do what we want in real life, the world would be the planet of the apes

But they're unwritten rules and unwritten rules only work if everyone adheres to them but we already know that they don't. Hence the rammers.

SMS are not about to hire a bunch of people to sit there and watch every online race and then hand out punishments to the rammers.

I thought rammers were becoming less of a problem but recently I've noticed more and more coming back. It's a problem that's not going to go away so I guess we just have to put up with it for now and enjoy the game for what it is.

jason
03-08-2015, 20:23
Ummm apes tare each other apart sometimes to :)

MrFlibble81
03-08-2015, 20:29
And learn to use guns, ride horses, take over the world etc.

fa-racing
03-08-2015, 20:29
But they're unwritten rules and unwritten rules only work if everyone adheres to them but we already know that they don't. Hence the rammers.

SMS are not about to hire a bunch of people to sit there and watch every online race and then hand out punishments to the rammers.

I thought rammers were becoming less of a problem but recently I've noticed more and more coming back. It's a problem that's not going to go away so I guess we just have to put up with it for now and enjoy the game for what it is.

But this is a racing game.. Racing is meant to be fair. It is not fair to be shoved off a corner and receive a cut track penalty and the rammer can go about their business and not receive any penalty what so ever. That is not fair.

MrFlibble81
03-08-2015, 20:33
But this is a racing game.. Racing is meant to be fair. It is not fair to shoved off a corner and receive a cut track penalty and the rammer can go about their business and not receive any penalty what so ever. That is not fair.

Yeah I know and you're right and I totally agree with you. If SMS could fix the penalty problem it would likely help out. But rammers would still be there. They're still in the full damage lobbies so clearly having a highly damaged and undriveable car doesn't stop them so getting a 5 second penalty for ramming someone won't to stop them either.

diesel97
03-08-2015, 20:46
Yeah I know and you're right and I totally agree with you. If SMS could fix the penalty problem it would likely help out. But rammers would still be there. They're still in the full damage lobbies so clearly having a highly damaged and undriveable car doesn't stop them so getting a 5 second penalty for ramming someone won't to stop them either.

Yes SMS should fix this (if they can) but at the very least tell us what their plan is. Silence isn't helping

Mahjik
03-08-2015, 21:09

You cannot do what iRacing does, without copying them exactly (i.e. online only, subscription based, etc). It takes a lot of money and maintenance to do what iRacing does.. The data has to reside with them and all hosting, racing, etc is all run through them.

SMS is tracking player stats. However, given that the stats are local, they could be hacked/altered which would make using them online not all that useful. It may be less of an issue with consoles, but it wouldn't be useful on the PC given how quickly the hacking crowd likes to create "trainers". Even in iRacing, there are still crash kiddies... Just do a Solstice race and see what happens in T1. ;)

IMHO, increasing the damage is the key. If the crash kiddies can only take out one car before they are inoperable, then at least the rest can race in peace.

diesel97
03-08-2015, 21:24
You cannot do what iRacing does, without copying them exactly (i.e. online only, subscription based, etc). It takes a lot of money and maintenance to do what iRacing does.. The data has to reside with them and all hosting, racing, etc is all run through them.

SMS is tracking player stats. However, given that the stats are local, they could be hacked/altered which would make using them online not all that useful. It may be less of an issue with consoles, but it wouldn't be useful on the PC given how quickly the hacking crowd likes to create "trainers". Even in iRacing, there are still crash kiddies... Just do a Solstice race and see what happens in T1. ;)

IMHO, increasing the damage is the key. If the crash kiddies can only take out one car before they are inoperable, then at least the rest can race in peace.

I'm not sure if understand your statement . Are you saying the drive rep cant work because of PC hacking ?

Pr3t3nd3r
03-08-2015, 21:54
I'm not sure if understand your statement . Are you saying the drive rep cant work because of PC hacking ?

This means if you delete your profile and create it again all stats are gone for good. This means it's not reliable to create anything based on this stats at least not for the PC...

Mahjik
03-08-2015, 22:13

I'm suggesting that basically without an iRacing type implementation, there is only so much a developer can do. Not to say it's hopeless, but that there will always be crash kiddies no matter what... The question is how to reduce their effectiveness to ruin races which is why I mentioned the damage capabilities.

Schnizz58
03-08-2015, 22:36
There's an old saying that you don't have to outrun the tiger. You just have to outrun the slowest guy you're with. In this context, that means that PCars doesn't have to be the best, it just has to not be the worst. Hopefully soon, Forza 6 will be the slowest one in the group and all the crashers will chase them and leave us alone.

diesel97
03-08-2015, 22:49
I'm suggesting that basically without an iRacing type implementation, there is only so much a developer can do. Not to say it's hopeless, but that there will always be crash kiddies no matter what... The question is how to reduce their effectiveness to ruin races which is why I mentioned the damage capabilities.

I understand about the i-racing implementation and i didnt mean . what i meant was what SMS has prosimed in the the driver rep. Codies did something right in that , when you see a drive with a red flag you know to stay clear and if he keeps it up you give them the boot . SMS has some type of a plan or they wouldn't have put it into profile page . We are just look for some info on what they have planned.

Pyromaniak666
04-08-2015, 08:18
I understand about the i-racing implementation and i didnt mean . what i meant was what SMS has prosimed in the the driver rep. Codies did something right in that , when you see a drive with a red flag you know to stay clear and if he keeps it up you give them the boot . SMS has some type of a plan or they wouldn't have put it into profile page . We are just look for some info on what they have planned.

But others can just give you red flags because you are faster than them, then what?
in all honesty, perhaps reduce the vote to kick numbers, if someone doesn't play fair have them kicked, again this can be used against someone who is just better, there is no simple solution to this, just have to find like minded people and enjoy the game.

dodge33cymru
04-08-2015, 11:29
Surprised that no-one here has mentioned the R3E temporary ghosting solution. It's not perfect at stopping things, but it basically ghosts cars that are stopped in awkward places or travelling in the wrong direction. Needs refinement, but it's a good start.

diesel97
04-08-2015, 13:46
But others can just give you red flags because you are faster than them, then what?
in all honesty, perhaps reduce the vote to kick numbers, if someone doesn't play fair have them kicked, again this can be used against someone who is just better, there is no simple solution to this, just have to find like minded people and enjoy the game.

Thats not the red flag i am talking about . the red flag i'm talking about is tied to player rep over time . its not realy a flag bad choice of words .

DECATUR PLAYA
04-08-2015, 14:31
Surprised that no-one here has mentioned the R3E temporary ghosting solution. It's not perfect at stopping things, but it basically ghosts cars that are stopped in awkward places or travelling in the wrong direction. Needs refinement, but it's a good start.

I have said this before but I think it's as simple as getting good consistent game chat working.

1) So you can know if the wreck was a accident or intentional. A wrecker either will not talk or be a complete ass when they do talk. If no Mic then the room can group kick. If he is a ass then group kick. The lobby leader can control this but not without chat working properly.

2) You need game chat to organize the group kick feature. Once again without proper game chat you can't pit the group against the wrecker. Therefore you can't utilize the tools put in place for w reckers.

The tools are in place for guys to control wrecking in they're rooms we just need a few more fixes. This is for xbox anyway I don't know how game chat works on other systems. Having dealt with wreckers in Nascar games I know the silence is where they flourish. Once game chat is better and lobby leaders can actually run they're rooms in full you will see a lot of this stuff go away.