PDA

View Full Version : Australian Club Event - Wed/Thurs 5/6 August 2015

spidey11
02-08-2015, 03:29
This week we are combing the car classes so that the vehicles we race with on Wednesday will be the same as the ones for Thursday. This is so you can get more comfortable with your chosen vehicle and hopefully results in closer racing :) I think Essteedee came up with this suggestion and i think it's great.

Wed/Thurs race:
Wed will be the 2x12 lap race event, 2nd race being reverse grid.
Wednesday track - Hockenheim GP.
One mandatory pitstop per race. You can choose to just do fuel or tyres also if you wish.

Thurs will be the semi-endure race again. The laps will be to average out a race time of one hour.
Thursday track - Watkins Glen GP

Time:
If you're working late and can't make the time, let me know and we could shift the start back half an hour.
Lobby will open at 9:00pm, Event starts at 9:15pm with a 15 minute qualifying time, Race start at 9:30pm, AEST GMT+10.
Same for both nights.

Assists:
All assist will be allowed, use whichever ones you want/need.

Tyre wear:
X7

Car class:
I'm hearing some love for the GT4's. Is everyone ok with this?

Also, I would love to start introducing a little points system for the results but also don't want to take away the fun of the game. We can try it and if we are taking it all too seriously we can always drop it.

Names:
Spidey_11
hkraft300
loklun
sneekynuts11
Subgtracer
Rooz
Furters
buggie_brain
farmerboy
Ironmask

*some people did say they can't make it Wednesday but I forgot... Turn up boys and lets race

ChrisK
02-08-2015, 04:27
x6 tyre wear.

spidey11
02-08-2015, 04:49
Ahh I thought you'd say x6 rooz.... I better get tuning to make my tyres last :)

ChrisK
02-08-2015, 07:28
I think x7 tyre wear is better for the 12 lappers actually. IMO you have to create a decision about tyres cos the pit stop is so long. If tyres last 10'laps with 6x tyre wear on average, then it doesn't pay to make a 20s change tyre pitstop cos you don't lose 10s a lap.

Make it 7x and all of a sudden you need to last maybe 4 laps on crap tyres so it makes it a compelling decision. Can the fresher tyres run you down or can you make it last with crap tyres. Or do you run on soft tyres for 2x 6lap stints ? Or do you run hards for 8 laps and then run softs for 4 laps and make a late charge...If one decision is obviously better than the other then it's not a true variable. Just MO.

Let's mix it up with weather, random or otherwise. Progressive times etc. the more variability the better.

Gt4 seems to be a great balance between speed and balance, but I'm open to anything other than open wheelers.

farmerboy
02-08-2015, 08:06
The more pitstops the better I say.

They're fantastic and add to the game immeasurably./S*

*Guess I should add this to my post so you know I'm being sarcastic.

buggie_brain
02-08-2015, 10:02
Personally I'm happy with any car but gt4 does seem to be something that everybody can handle easily which means more people racing/enjoying themselves which is what we all want.
Not fussed with tyre wear also but x7 would make that pit stop more important and interesting.

I think once the track is announced the amount of laps should also be announced with it so people can get to work with their strategies and also we need to know before the race weather mechanical failures or damage is on.

Not sure how well the dynamic weather works on this game.

IronMask75
03-08-2015, 01:01
Tyre wear:
Do people want to do x4 this week? or keep the x6?

Keep the x6 (or maybe x7 as Rooz suggests). I did the whole Donnington reverse grid race on the same set of soft tires and didn't really feel like I was losing that much time. I was also running on default setup, so, I was doing 1'12's and was a full 2 secs per lap slower than you and Rooz, but I got to the end and held 2nd place. I think at x6 tire wear you can easily do a full 12-lapper on Mediums and not have to change tires.

spidey11
03-08-2015, 01:12
Alright we will bump up the tyre wear to x7 :)

From reading the above people like the GT4's, I like them and the racing it gives :) I've got a track in mind which will show the differences in each vehicle as well. Do u go a power car or one good with the corners?? (And not one that just looks good ey essteedee lol)

ChrisK
03-08-2015, 01:36
And not one that just looks good ey essteedee lol)

Allow me to speak on behalf of the man himself...

choiiiiiceee bro !

spidey11
03-08-2015, 01:43
When do you guys want to know the tracks? Is 24 hours before the race ok? Or do you want a schedule done up, I'm happy to do either.

hkraft300
03-08-2015, 13:08
When do you guys want to know the tracks? Is 24 hours before the race ok? Or do you want a schedule done up, I'm happy to do either.

Just do it Spidey :p make a decision already.
If you get it wrong we'll all tear your head for it and possibly give you a fair bit of shit, but you're a big boy you will survive it ;)

Woffu
03-08-2015, 14:35
Yea x7 tyre wear sounds good and a bit of a schedule might be good. Maybe a bit of rain for one of the races wednesday only if most people won't if.

spidey11
04-08-2015, 00:01
I need some pointers and setup advice for wet racing :( didn't do well at all last night

jason
04-08-2015, 00:25
Lol your worried about the rain , I just need a setup ...... Still running stock cars in all my cars .

hkraft300
04-08-2015, 07:29
Haven't done much wet testing but I'm happy to share my setups and tune the cars to your liking, gents :)
Can't say they'll be the best or fastest but If it gets you faster/ more consistent times...

ChrisK
04-08-2015, 07:38
I need some pointers and setup advice for wet racing :( didn't do well at all last night

Don't know about the Aston, but with the Ginetta I was running 75% brakes, dropped my tyre pressures a bit, softened up the springs, generally slowing down and just made sure I avoid putting power down anywhere near ripple strips.

Furters
05-08-2015, 06:20
Just confirming I'm definitely in for tonight

jason
05-08-2015, 06:23
Just confirming I'm definitely in for tonight

Did you find a girlfriend Furters you dirty bugger ! Hate people who brag :eagerness:

buggie_brain
05-08-2015, 06:53
Count me in tonight too

jason
05-08-2015, 06:57
Furters is in buggie for tonight or buggie is in furters ? I'm confused

NicoHulkenberg27
05-08-2015, 07:12
count me in!
finally have some time to play Pcars:)

hkraft300
05-08-2015, 07:22
I'll be racing tonight if there's a spot.
Count me out for Thursday night though - gotta work the evening.

Essteedee
05-08-2015, 08:51
Sitting this one out guys, watching ti5 on my down time this week, if ya don't know what thats it, thats good mobas are cancerous and bad for your health xD

spidey11
05-08-2015, 10:29
Sitting this one out guys, watching ti5 on my down time this week, if ya don't know what thats it, thats good mobas are cancerous and bad for your health xD

What?? hehe

Essteedee
05-08-2015, 10:47
Dota 2 man biggst tournament of the year 18 million up for grabs its insane

spidey11
05-08-2015, 11:01
BoyfriEND
GirlfriEND
BestfriEND
League of legENDS

Only DOTA2 has no END.....

IronMask75
05-08-2015, 11:10

*ARTS (Only LoL players call them MOBAs) :p

NicoHulkenberg27
05-08-2015, 12:12
OH Shit
race 2 :2 cars infront of me (maybe P3,P4? dont know..)had contact and i have been crashed and then DQ @@

funny way to finish the race
haha

hkraft300
05-08-2015, 13:30
Ye sorry guys for the turn 1 crash in race 2. Cold tires, off racing line, trying to stay clear of P3 who was somewhere next to me according to my map, and then the lag really kicked in and disconnected me :(
Sorry again.

ChrisK
05-08-2015, 13:39
No worries krafty. We know who the good racers are mate and incidents are gonna happen from time to time. To any of us. I made contact with subbie tonight. I think spidey and bugs had contact too. Racing incidents occur. What pisses people off is when it happens and the person doesn't acknowledge it and apologise.

spidey11
05-08-2015, 13:43
Race 1 results:

Race 2 results:

ChrisK
05-08-2015, 13:45
Bugs in the '46's fir both races. Dayummm

IronMask75
05-08-2015, 14:05
OH Shit
race 2 :2 cars infront of me (maybe P3,P4? dont know..)had contact and i have been crashed and then DQ @@

funny way to finish the race
haha

I watched the replay. I was behind you for the start of the second race. You hit the inside curb at turn one and your car skipped off it and slid all the way off the left side of the track, then when you tried to get back onto the track you ran into another car, then spun out in front of me and I had nowhere to go, so I ran into you, but you were already sideways on the track at that point.

If I can free up some HDD space on my PS4 I'll upload the replay of the start from my perspective.

buggie_brain
05-08-2015, 14:27
Yeah good racing guys. Second race was a bit frustrating for me but still had a ball all the same. Got caught up in the starting incident and then I think I was trying to hard to catch up which caused me to make many mistakes. That Aston has definatly got some straight line speed. Spidey passed me at one point like I was driving a G40.

I will upload some videos overnight.

Thanks again guys

hkraft300
05-08-2015, 15:05
Ye terrible mistake and driving on my part

jason
05-08-2015, 22:03
Yeah good racing guys. Second race was a bit frustrating for me but still had a ball all the same. Got caught up in the starting incident and then I think I was trying to hard to catch up which caused me to make many mistakes. That Aston has definatly got some straight line speed. Spidey passed me at one point like I was driving a G40.

I will upload some videos overnight.

Thanks again guys

I had the opposite , After having a tune early in the night , come race time the car felt terrible ( something went wrong there ) . Qualified 5th on hards another stupid mistake . Went in to the first race on hards .mistake number 2

The car felt un drivable for the most part even before tyres started to go off , should have left it stock :) I'm really struggling with this part of the game as I have spent all of 5 minutes in this area.

Now as I said above I had the opposite to buggie my first race was a disaster from start to finish :) was in mid pack in the first couple of laps and it was like running in a public lobby to be honest cars were smashing each other left right and centre , there was not a clean pass to be had , every corner someone is rubbing on you and forcing you from the track and even on the straights I'm running race line and have the pace to pass only to have drivers come across and start to force me of the track.

All in all it was a woefull display of driver awareness and this continued for 2 laps until I lost it 2 times and ended at the back of the pack finally finishing in 7th ........ I'm ok with all this just stating how it was mid/rear pack .

Second race - changed to mediums , Car still felt crappy but more stable ... struggled the hole way fending off spidey and Iron mask and rooz I think , rooz eventually got the better of me ......... I was catching him (rooz ) at a fair rate In the last 3 laps but made a mistake and spun again loosing too much time to make a difference in the end ...

Don't get me wrong I did enjoy it .......... What I think we need to do is if we have 10 of our regulars show up so be it , not just start adding people to make up the numbers ( I think this is when problems start to arise)

In saying all this I am completely failing in the tune and tire department .... too much tweeking of the wheel which I will have done by Saturday lunchtime as I Plan to spend all morning doing all the cars. Need to help Haze on this also.

spidey11
05-08-2015, 23:09
I know what you mean about the pace difference subby, in free practice by myself I managed 1:46.761 for the Ginetta and 1:46.4xx for the Aston but come to multilayer qualifying I didn't get anywhere near those times.. Car felt different in braking and turn in "bite" at the hairpin and other slow corners. Not sure what changes as every setting was the same including fuel, steering ratio, downforce, tyre pressures and compound, everything.

I enjoyed the speed difference between the Aston and Ginetta :) a good track to show that off lol maybe monza next time ;)

ChrisK
05-08-2015, 23:42
I had the opposite , After having a tune early in the night , come race time the car felt terrible ( something went wrong there ) . Qualified 5th on hards another stupid mistake . Went in to the first race on hards .mistake number 2

The car felt un drivable for the most part even before tyres started to go off , should have left it stock :) I'm really struggling with this part of the game as I have spent all of 5 minutes in this area.

Now as I said above I had the opposite to buggie my first race was a disaster from start to finish :) was in mid pack in the first couple of laps and it was like running in a public lobby to be honest cars were smashing each other left right and centre , there was not a clean pass to be had , every corner someone is rubbing on you and forcing you from the track and even on the straights I'm running race line and have the pace to pass only to have drivers come across and start to force me of the track.

All in all it was a woefull display of driver awareness and this continued for 2 laps until I lost it 2 times and ended at the back of the pack finally finishing in 7th ........ I'm ok with all this just stating how it was mid/rear pack .

Second race - changed to mediums , Car still felt crappy but more stable ... struggled the hole way fending off spidey and Iron mask and rooz I think , rooz eventually got the better of me ......... I was catching him (rooz ) at a fair rate In the last 3 laps but made a mistake and spun again loosing too much time to make a difference in the end ...

Don't get me wrong I did enjoy it .......... What I think we need to do is if we have 10 of our regulars show up so be it , not just start adding people to make up the numbers ( I think this is when problems start to arise)

In saying all this I am completely failing in the tune and tire department .... too much tweeking of the wheel which I will have done by Saturday lunchtime as I Plan to spend all morning doing all the cars. Need to help Haze on this also.

I used hard tyres the whole time except qualifying. I think driving style has a lot to do with this and the more I reflect on yesterday the more I realise how much of a difference hitting curbs makes to tyre wear. You will damage your tyres if you ride the curbs, no doubt about it. Regarding tuning, buggs ran thru his settings with me, they weren't much different to stock to be honest. I think it's just wheel time, clear track and track practice bud cos you could see in the second race your speed was much much better in clear air.

In race 1 after my bogus pit penalty I ended up 10th and miles behind. I should have stayed out longer so I wouldn't have been so far back but anyway...live and learn. In that wild stint I thrashed the living hell out of the car clawing my way back. Making good ground but then locked the wheels badly heading into the hairpin and hit the wall, had to reverse out of it losing a good 10seconds in the process...by then my tyres were dead in 6 laps. Second stint I was more cautious and after holding off a faster ironmask for a couple of laps, I had almost no traffic so basically set 3 clean qualifying laps and my tyres were fine. Coming back thru the field was pretty fun and if it was one lap longer I would've sailed past furters aswell given the state of his tyres.

Was disappointed cos I was in front with clear air and would have probably won from there cos spidey and buggs looked like they had a great battle which must have slowed them up. On outright pace, buggy, spidey and ironmask looked quickest all session. Masks pace thru the middle of the track was blistering.

2nd race I got super lucky at the start cos the crash in front of me took out essentially the whole field and ironmask was caught up behind it all so I could get past him aswell, ended up behind subby and was nose to tail with him for 5 laps, got past him under brakes which I should have called at the time. If I'd called it, knowing subby he would have left room and we wouldn't have made contact. Sorry again bud. Was flying on that first set cos I stayed away from every curb and the tyres were still not bad when I came in on lap 8. The last 4 laps I was in fuel management mode and making sure I kept the gap around 2 seconds but very conscious of fuel so was short shifting basically the whole time. My tyres were totally fresh for the last stint and I think my last lap was like 6s slower just to be sure I made the end and I only just made the end so the fuel management proved essential. If spidey hadn't caught subby, I wouldn't have been able to be so cautious with fuel and would have run out for sure.

Lesson learnt...short fueling is not worth it, I'm not going to do that again. I gave away donnington cos of that mistake and almost gave away this one aswell. I'm going to just add a bunch more fuel in to be sure of it next time.

7x tyre wear is absolutely the right parameter to use for the 12 lappers. It brings an element of variability which makes the race intriguing the whole way. But for the 30lapper, I think 6x is the right amount.

buggie_brain
06-08-2015, 04:54
Here we are guys... I'm really thinking about getting a proper recorded and some decent software.

Race 1
https://youtu.be/5i3LkqxYgeo

Race 2
https://youtu.be/yutP9lb4P9w

Enjoy

ChrisK
06-08-2015, 06:32
nice replays. Great little battle between you and spidey there. Love the fender rubbing !

The start of that second race was funny, (I'm sure not so much for the boys involved !!), I wish I'd saved my replay of that. One second my windscreen was full of cars and then boom...all of a sudden it was like the parting of the Red Sea, everyone just disappeared and I saw open track.

Woffu
06-08-2015, 06:32
Just wondering how many laps and is tyre wear to tonight's race going to be x6 or x7?
Just trying to work out my pit stops
And what's a good lap around here? 1.54 at the moment

jason
06-08-2015, 06:39
I wont be in for tonight guys . have fun

buggie_brain
06-08-2015, 06:59
Just wondering how many laps and is tyre wear to tonight's race going to be x6 or x7?
Just trying to work out my pit stops
And what's a good lap around here? 1.54 at the moment

Was just about to ask the same thing.

ChrisK
06-08-2015, 08:18
I vote for x6 which is 3 10 lap stints. I reckon it's going to be a struggle to get 10 laps at Watkins Glen on x7 and 3 stops may be a bit much. Just my opinion.

No idea what a gt4 lap time is. I'll be on in a while and we can turn some laps

ChrisK
06-08-2015, 08:19
I wont be in for tonight guys . have fun

That sucks man. :(

jason
06-08-2015, 08:57
Sorry guys .... have fun and enjoy .

spidey11
06-08-2015, 09:44
Was just about to ask the same thing.

Sorry guys haven't checked the forum. Tonight will be x6 tyre wear and the laps will be wat ever 1 hour race time is. If it's a 1:54 lap then that's around 30 yeah?

ChrisK
06-08-2015, 09:53
Yep, 30 laps. Screw the time limit until they introduce that in the new features.

ChrisK
06-08-2015, 13:30
Thanks boys for another good race. Props to furters for hanging in there !!

Got a great start from pole and built a good 8s lead over spidey managing my pace to preserve the tyres going into the first pitstop on lap 10 after bugs got a pit penalty for a jump start. Second stint much the same, except I passed bugs on L14 and realized he was on a one stopper when he pitted on L15. I pushed very hard from then on. Pitted on lap 21 and by then had built a 16s lead over bugs.

A drive thru is worth about 15 odd seconds I'd say so we would have been neck and neck at that point if he didn't have his penalty stop. I pushed hard for the next 9 laps and got the lead out to 26s basically running 1.51's for the entire stint just to satisfy myself that I didn't steal buggsys victory. spidey was catching him but ran out of laps...and tyres !

Seemed to be a very clean race, didn't hear of a single incident. Hope everyone enjoyed it although I did hear of quite a few game bugs screwing people over. I think sneeky hit an imaginary pothole and then lost all ffb, jimbo a good mate of mine joined us and also lost ffb in the game but still managed 5th. Great race from those two.

Furters
06-08-2015, 20:31
I love Watkins Glen now, but damn I'm out of practice there

IronMask75
06-08-2015, 21:26
I stuffed up my carefully planned 12 stop strategy and pitted an extra time I think. Would have been 5th if I didn't short fuel on the last stop and have to put 3L in on lap 29/30. Had an epic stint behind sneakynuts. He was faster than me out of corners but I had him under braking. We spent about 6 laps nose to tail before my tires went off and I lost it into the bus stop braking too late. Top racing mate.

spidey11
06-08-2015, 23:39
Here we are guys... I'm really thinking about getting a proper recorded and some decent software.

Race 1
https://youtu.be/5i3LkqxYgeo

Race 2
https://youtu.be/yutP9lb4P9w

Enjoy

The rear of the Aston never looked so good :) it pulls away on the straights! Holy moly

ChrisK
06-08-2015, 23:47
I stuffed up my carefully planned 12 stop strategy and pitted an extra time I think. Would have been 5th if I didn't short fuel on the last stop and have to put 3L in on lap 29/30. Had an epic stint behind sneakynuts. He was faster than me out of corners but I had him under braking. We spent about 6 laps nose to tail before my tires went off and I lost it into the bus stop braking too late. Top racing mate.

i felt pretty good about my race win last night until i heard you were racing with a freakin clutch and a h-gate shifter the whole time.
hard core man. respect.

jason
06-08-2015, 23:49
i felt pretty good about my race win last night until i heard you were racing with a freakin clutch and a h-gate shifter the whole time.
hard core man. respect.

Man I need to give that a go :) I do have the set up but I could see myself finishing a week later and missing the next weeks race.

spidey11
07-08-2015, 00:34
I have respect for you guys running interior view (helmet for roozy I think), manual, no racing line for everyone car and every track. I going to try and step up to manual this weekend and interior view. I get worried about no visibility and being able to see anyone next to me so I run hood cam lol

ChrisK
07-08-2015, 00:36
i find helmet easier than cockpit personally

jason
07-08-2015, 00:36
I run interior , manual , no race line ...... So hard with fog and rain.

ChrisK
07-08-2015, 00:38
lets all chip in and give jason a medal.

jason
07-08-2015, 00:47

buggie_brain
07-08-2015, 03:02
I think I'm gonna try helmet cam. I sorta like the way it looks into the corners

jason
07-08-2015, 03:19

Woffu
07-08-2015, 04:04
I think I'm gonna try helmet cam. I sorta like the way it looks into the corners

That's what I use to mate. But I turned down the look to apex option to about 35 or I find that in corners the camera turns to much and when I'm coming out of a corner it looks like I'm sliding and I was always over correcting but it's just the camera angle.

jason
07-08-2015, 05:21

ChrisK
07-08-2015, 05:24
Lmao

buggie_brain
07-08-2015, 06:31
That's what I use to mate. But I turned down the look to apex option to about 35 or I find that in corners the camera turns to much and when I'm coming out of a corner it looks like I'm sliding and I was always over correcting but it's just the camera angle.

I might give it a try tonight and have a play around with it. I'm dropping the wife at the airport shortly so I have the house to myself this weekend so I'll have plenty of time to work it out.

ChrisK
07-08-2015, 07:25
Not sure about sneeky, but I have the actual helmet turned off. The only downside of helmet cam is that cos of the simulated g force movement, sometimes I lose sight of my steering wheel display. Essentially helmet cam feels like just a closer view of the cockpit but you get the cool look to apex. is there any other difference ?

Woffu
07-08-2015, 08:19
Not sure about sneeky, but I have the actual helmet turned off. The only downside of helmet cam is that cos of the simulated g force movement, sometimes I lose sight of my steering wheel display. Essentially helmet cam feels like just a closer view of the cockpit but you get the cool look to apex. is there any other difference ?
not real sure I understand what ya mean there rooz. I have the helmet turned off to but with the default look to apex set at 75 I think it is the camera was looking to far into the corners for my liking im still playing around that.
I think the only difference between cockpit and helmet cam is for helmet cam the camera moves for the corners, g force movement and the blur effect. just depends on what each person likes.

ChrisK
07-08-2015, 08:27
not real sure I understand what ya mean there rooz. I have the helmet turned off to but with the default look to apex set at 75 I think it is the camera was looking to far into the corners for my liking im still playing around that.
I think the only difference between cockpit and helmet cam is for helmet cam the camera moves for the corners, g force movement and the blur effect. just depends on what each person likes.

Under brakes the view changes and you move forward or back in your seat. As it simulates you moving forward, the steering wheel display drops off the screen. Do you know what I mean ?

Woffu
07-08-2015, 08:58
Under brakes the view changes and you move forward or back in your seat. As it simulates you moving forward, the steering wheel display drops off the screen. Do you know what I mean ?
Yep I'm with ya now. I havnt really noticed the steering wheel display droping off under braking. I'll check it out soon

ChrisK
07-08-2015, 09:26
Go to Bathurst and watch it drop off coming down the mountain as soon as you hit the dipper.

buggie_brain
07-08-2015, 10:38
Go to Bathurst and watch it drop off coming down the mountain as soon as you hit the dipper.

Fair to say i wont be checking my tyre temps while going through the dipper:cool:

IronMask75
07-08-2015, 23:16

The "look into corners" feature gives you a handy heads-up on when to hit the brake pedal ;)

technoguy
12-08-2015, 12:56
Hi, i was wondering, is this for australian racer only or other can join? I'd love to join , time difference is bearable for me

ChrisK
12-08-2015, 13:05
Any clean racers can join.