PDA

View Full Version : Is 60 the new 80 ?

wraithsrike
02-08-2015, 07:50
Since patch 2.0 has difficulty 60 become the new 80 , what im asking is has the difficulties been increased ?

before I went in hospital I was racing mostly at 80 but since ive come out and patch 2.0 has landed I find im having to lower my difficulty, the difficulties still feel all over the place depending on car and track but overall have they been raised as the higher you tend to go the more aggressive the AI become .

on 80 I use to get mostly good clean racing but now they seen overly aggressive but at 60 they seem to settle still giving a good race speed wise but without the attitude.

Plato99
02-08-2015, 08:28
Seems to vary from discipline to discipline, track to track.
C class European championship at Brno. I started the races from the back of the grid with AI set at 80 as I accidentally skipped qualifying. Within three laps I was battling for third as the AI were stupidly slow and could be scalped two at a time in to most corners. Ben Collins seemed to think it was marvellous.
On other tracks with the same settings the AI are like missiles. At Brno they fly on the straights, overtaking me, yet in to the corners they slow to a crawl.

It's an unpredictable heap of shambolic mess. It seems that no setting for AI difficulty fits all tracks or disciplines.

Whilst on the subject of Brno, the flashing sky bug is really prevalent here. Almost like driving through an electrical storm at times.

Hengist
02-08-2015, 08:31
When I'm unfamiliar with the track or it's raining it's 60%. Then if I win (cockpit, no assists, manual) with nowt in the mirror, then I crank it up. However, I usually don't go past 80% and do notice the AI being a bit more boisterous.

miagi
02-08-2015, 08:41
Practiced a little on Ruapuna Park GP for the TGC race in the Mercedes 190E DTM car, there I found that AI at 100% can only do 1:25.0 as best and only the P1, while I was able to push 1:24s in the session esp. as the track got rubbered in I could do consistent 1:24s so not a big deal to beat them. Also gave Hockenheim with the McLaren F1 GTR a try, esp with a tuned setup I'm quite comfy against 85%+ AI.

So it's often down to track, car or track-car-combo. On some tracks they are slightly better so is everyone of us. Some cars have a better/quicker default setup than other. For Hockenheim for example the GT1 cars have more drag than needed.

Pink_650S
02-08-2015, 08:45
Racing the AI is so frustrating, l dont understand how some people prefer them over human opponents.
Maybe try 70 when 60 is too slow and 80 too quick?

Plato99
02-08-2015, 10:12
Racing the AI is so frustrating, l dont understand how some people prefer them over human opponents.

Because every time I've tried to race human opponents either the game doesn't find any, or when it does the Drive button is greyed out. Touché.

the-D-
02-08-2015, 11:40
My thoughts exactly Pink, does help having a lot of clean racing friends though ;)

milliotseb
02-08-2015, 13:46
I used 60% AI level before, now I have to use 50% AI level to fight for podium

FStarred
02-08-2015, 14:10

Because racing with human can be frustrating too, and it require more time to spend finding the right track/ car to challenge with. I've already discussed in another post about AI variability and that should be more balanced, but it's easy to understand that should require a lot of time to work.
This is why I'd prefer less cars and more quality, but many persons here disagree with this.

Mahjik
02-08-2015, 14:36
Several tracks in the 2.0 patch had AI race line tweaks which made them faster.

Grijo
02-08-2015, 15:08

More frustranting than get smashed all the time in a online race? I don't think so. I stick with AI...

hkraft300
02-08-2015, 15:31
More frustranting than get smashed all the time in a online race? I don't think so. I stick with AI...

Racing incidents happen, even among good drivers, even among friends.
If I'm hit accidentally I'm not so fussed - sometimes it's an obvious accident, sometimes it's not.

Back on topic - personal preference and skill plays a part, too. I got the hang of super karts and Gr5 fast, so I can take them at AI 100. Did a BMW M1 invitational and I was struggling at 60 - same as some road car invites.

Big deal if there's a bit of variation - switch it up or down to your own tastes.

CPU M Rossi
02-08-2015, 16:26
lets see
I can race more then 15 other cars and I know pretty much know what to expect and no lag.
while the not so good online racers I have raced with are a lot better then what I have experienced on Forza still makes you wonder what in the world they are thinking when they when they force their way by at the start of a race only to be caught up & passed.
anyway on topic I believe the AI was improved for tighter course as they were slowing down more then they should.