PDA

View Full Version : Playseatstore.co.uk customer service

wrighty_88
02-08-2015, 12:09
On the playseat site the are running free shipping at the moment so I thought I'd take this oppertunity to finally get one. When I reached the checkout i was surprised to find a charge of 20.44 on the bill for shipping. They run a live chat function so I used this and spoke to a guy called Ivo who was based in the Netherlands where I believe the whole company is run from. He said sure no problem place the order and send me the order number and I will arrange a refund of the shipping charge. I placed the order (after multiple problems getting their website to progress through the stages of checkout) and he said we will refund you 16 something. I questioned why the amounts were different which he refused to acknowledge and just said we will refund you 16. I asked him to check the invoice email i received and tell me where on that it stated 16 was the shipping charge. He refused to answer that and just sent me through the same email I already had which clearly showed shipping:20.44

At no point was ever rude or abusive and at one point i even said i appreciate your help because the convo went back and forth for quite a while. He carried on answering everything I said with we will refund 16 and then told me to stop asking before saying "bye" then closing the chat. I think he has also blocked me from reopening the chat function because it will not work unless I change my ip address. I know its not even 5 and I really wouldn't mind if they stated they only refund 16 from the outset or could at least explain the difference but they can't. To have someone be rude to you for asking a question is appalling service from a company that lets be honest charges top end from their products.

Hengist
02-08-2015, 12:35
He sounds like a bit of a twat.

Seps1974
02-08-2015, 12:58
"When we say worldwide shipping, we mean worldwide shipping! When placing an order at PlayseatStore.com, you don't need to worry about having to pay any extra taxes, because it's all included in the price! And you don't have to worry about the product not getting to your place either, because we make sure your order will reach you, no matter where you live."

http://www.playseatstore.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Playseatcouk/Enjoy_free_worldwide_shipping.png

http://www.playseatstore.co.uk/customer-service/shipping-policy

I've simulated an order and in fact they are charging 20.44 for shipping.