PDA

View Full Version : Headlights are useless.

Pirategenius
02-08-2015, 12:55
I've searched all over the place and can find no answer.
Will the headlights be sorted out soon? The headlights should at least illuminate 30-50 yds of the tarmack in front of the cars. Maybe more if using xenon lamps. What we have is the equivalent of 2 candles on the cars. It makes night racing a joke.

Please implement a fix soon and give us better headlights. This is actually ruining the game for me.

TrevorAustin
02-08-2015, 13:03
I think maybe you are not allowing for speed, driving at 80 miles an hour at night in real life on country lanes can be oretty hairy, let alone 150 in the game, i find it comparable, but wouldn't say no to more light :)

Nelson Pacheco
02-08-2015, 14:10
i dont know...
all lobbys i go the races are during day... so useless to change ahahaha
99% of lobbys are day time

Fanatest
02-08-2015, 15:28
Full beam and dipped please :D

FoxMulder
02-08-2015, 15:38
Yep agree, most online lobbies run daytime and clear weather, i find it rather annoying to have 4 weather changes in a 10 lap race. So all this dynamic time and weather is really more bragging rights than anything useful imo.

Pirategenius
02-08-2015, 15:42
Driving at 20 or 180+ mph at night makes no difference to the light from headlights. It still lights up at least 50+ yds of the road in front of you. The only time it wouldn't would be if you start to approach the speed of light. Which at this moment in time is impossible for anything larger than a proton (not the car make).

So the headlights need sorting. They worked well in GTR/GTR 2 do why not now?????

Schnizz58
02-08-2015, 15:56
Driving at 20 or 180+ mph at night makes no difference to the light from headlights.
It probably makes a difference to you though. At 180 mph, you cover that 50 yds in less than 6 tenths of a second.

It still lights up at least 50+ yds of the road in front of you. The only time it wouldn't would be if you start to approach the speed of light. Which at this moment in time is impossible for anything larger than a proton (not the car make).
Protons don't travel at the speed of light either, mate.

TrevorAustin
02-08-2015, 16:02
It probably makes a difference to you though. At 180 mph, you cover that 50 yds in less than 6 tenths of a second.

Protons don't travel at the speed of light either, mate.

That was exactly my point thanks, I'm well aware of the speed of light, a physics degree is good for very little, but that's one of them:)

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
03-08-2015, 05:28
Photons. Are they individually modeled in this game? Mad physics.

resmania
03-08-2015, 07:06
The major issue with the headlights is that it's nearly invisible on the mirror.

Yorkie065
03-08-2015, 08:00
The mirrors need fixing so we can see the cars behind easier, i.e. the headlights need to flare up a little. As for the headlights infront of you, their range is fine, it just needs to fall off more gradually further up the road (just a tad) and things that should be reflective, or somewhat reflective should light up. Things like brake marker boards, road signs, kurbs and barriers (slightly) etc etc

Bongomaster
03-08-2015, 09:14
I remember when I gave my brother a go at a night race, he turned off the lights and was finding it easier to see/drive. :P

QPRLad
03-08-2015, 09:40
Full beam and dipped please :D

Why? If you give full beam then no one would use dipped. Its like giving people 3 different speeds of windscreen wipers. Completely irrelevant creating options of speed/brightness/strength on simple on/off options.

LordDRIFT
03-08-2015, 12:08
Why? If you give full beam then no one would use dipped. Its like giving people 3 different speeds of windscreen wipers. Completely irrelevant creating options of speed/brightness/strength on simple on/off options.

Disagree. Bad weather, fogs and such and highs don't mix.

rw02kr43
03-08-2015, 13:09
The problem I have is my wife wrecked the car at Lemans a lot. When it turned to night there were no headlights at all and I couldn't repair them. Driving with nothing but the driving line gave me bedspins.

Jason

jhonatas
03-08-2015, 13:29
make the 24h Le Mans in career mode was impossible for me because after dark I could not keep me on track, my lap times fell sharply and the IA continued in the same rhythm. I think the lights should illuminate more.

I see the following in real life our eyes adjust to light, the night our pupils dilate and function as the lens of a camera, getting more open we capture more light, our eye is amazing!

The point is that it is not represented in the game, simply compare the distance the lighthouse will probably reach according to the real, but for lack of this adaptation that occurs with our eyes in real life, this makes the game becomes darker than it should.

AB_Attack
03-08-2015, 13:39
Headlights should indeed be stonger both for my car and the follower's lights since they are near invisible in the mirror now.

i dont know...
all lobbys i go the races are during day... so useless to change ahahaha
99% of lobbys are day time

The people who write in this thread care about night racing although you don't. Your response only provocative if anything.

QPRLad
03-08-2015, 13:56
Disagree. Bad weather, fogs and such and highs don't mix.

Fair enough, I haven't driven night time fog.

make the 24h Le Mans in career mode was impossible for me because after dark I could not keep me on track, my lap times fell sharply and the IA continued in the same rhythm. I think the lights should illuminate more.

I see the following in real life our eyes adjust to light, the night our pupils dilate and function as the lens of a camera, getting more open we capture more light, our eye is amazing!

The point is that it is not represented in the game, simply compare the distance the lighthouse will probably reach according to the real, but for lack of this adaptation that occurs with our eyes in real life, this makes the game becomes darker than it should.

This is probably down to the tire you were on not quite being at the temperature it was in the day. Also have a look at a few on-board videos of Le Man at night, that is seriously dark.

When I did the LM24 race on my career, I didn't have much problem when I was driving at night. On the career the scripted weather was clear the entire race though, that could have helped.

F1_Racer68
03-08-2015, 14:04
I just drove home last night in a major thunderstorm. Let me tell you, my modern headlights (plus fog lights) on my truck did not illuminate very much of the road in front of me at 11:00 PM in torrential downpour. My speed was reduced to 75KPH due primarily to the lack of visibility.

Personally, I think the team has nailed the headlights effect/distance.

I will however agree that the High/Low beam option would be great to have (as would flash to pass). I also agree with the earlier comment that reflective surfaces such as brake marker signs/barriers/etc are not quite reflective enough. I also agree with the opponent headlights in the rearview mirror not being bright enough. If the car behind me is close enough to light up the inside of my cockpit, I should be able to see the headlights in my mirror, no matter how dark the tint on the mirror is.

QPRLad
03-08-2015, 14:33
Common sense tells me that if you cant see, slow down.

Ever taken a jumper off while driving, instant panic!

I was going to mention about the corner/braking distance markers being reflective or illuminated. They do need to be improved. The headlights in the mirror, surely this is just to not blind you? But i do see what you all mean, i just look back.

GenBrien
03-08-2015, 14:48
1 of the problem that I mentioned weeks ago and got not answers is the incar exposure.
Lots of cars are WAY too dark when driving incockpit.
Once you switch to any external view youre magically seeing sonething in front of you.
Still waiting to get that fixed, or at least give us a slider to adjust it...

Bkim
03-08-2015, 15:32
Headlights during rain...would be a very warm welcome

3800racingfool
03-08-2015, 15:35
Headlights during rain...would be a very warm welcome

You can turn your headlights on at any time.

GenBrien
03-08-2015, 15:35
You can turn your headlights on at any time.

Must be speaking for AIs

TrevorAustin
03-08-2015, 19:53
1 of the problem that I mentioned weeks ago and got not answers is the incar exposure.
Once you switch to any external view youre magically seeing sonething in front of you.

I have exactly the opposite issue, a slider would fix both, or even better, the ability to completely turn off auto exposure.

LordDRIFT
04-08-2015, 13:35

I made this complaint many times about helmet cam. Seems they don't want to acknowledge it. 2.0 brought it on for me. There is a slider but it only washed out the picture to get to an acceptable level. Then in replay its way too bright. Where the sunset scenes used to look awesome they just look murky now. Such a shame. Fix 1 thing break 10. Forget about putting the helmet on (you cant see anything ; where before 2.0 putting the helmet on was blowing out highlights). Seems they tried to fix that and screwed something up along the way.