PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Stand Suggestions

mavrick2020
03-08-2015, 11:07
I am looking to get a new wheel stand and would like to get some suggestions/feedback on what you guys think is a good one? I have the TX wheel with the TP3A pro pedals on a homemade stand that does the job but looking for something a little more sturdy/adjustable. I just want the wheel stand at this point but maybe one that can have the seat added later, I am really considering the grandstand wheel stand but I am not sure how good it is, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Innerspace_HQ
03-08-2015, 21:42
I've got one of these and really cannot speak highly enough of it. It's worth the extra shekels to get the deluxe model, the cheaper ones feel exactly that.

http://wheelstandpro.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61

Although look around, I only paid 50 for mine from Amazon. Prices do vary...

Schnizz58
03-08-2015, 22:22
Another vote for the Wheel Stand Pro.

Pirategenius
03-08-2015, 22:28
Check out the GT Omega stand. You also have the option to add a seat later if funds are tight. It's a good quality sturdy stand.

Innerspace_HQ
03-08-2015, 22:52
Afterthought... I had actually thought I may need a seat, until I tried the wheel stand pro with something strikingly similar to this:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/images/products/poang-armchair-red__0250875_PE389412_S4.JPG

I was incredibly surprised how relaxed and comfortable a race position it is with the wheel stand pro, largely down to it's totally adjustable frame. Plus you can pick one up for around 50... I wont be play seating any time soon at that price.

diesel97
03-08-2015, 22:55
You should say where you are from because shipping over seas makes a big difference . I'm in the states and bought a Dx-racer wheel stand because its the same as the GT Omega with out the shipping cost

^^^ that the seat i use with my wheelstand also and watch TV

Innerspace_HQ
03-08-2015, 23:01

Damn comfy, eh?

I've had mine for years, it must be a good 15+ years old now. Still just as comfy but now it has a dual purpose :)

diesel97
03-08-2015, 23:27
Damn comfy, eh?

I've had mine for years, it must be a good 15+ years old now. Still just as comfy but now it has a dual purpose :)

the matchimg foot rest makes all that much better

Innerspace_HQ
03-08-2015, 23:29
the matchimg foot rest makes all that much better

Now you're just showing off ;)

In fairness I don't use it really unless as a race seat. My couch is a much nicer place to be when I'm not hurling round a track. lol.

mavrick2020
04-08-2015, 02:01
Thanks for all the suggestions I will definitely keep those in mind while looking.

mavrick2020
04-08-2015, 11:04
You should say where you are from because shipping over seas makes a big difference . I'm in the states and bought a Dx-racer wheel stand because its the same as the GT Omega with out the shipping cost

I almost went with the GT Omega but like you I am in the states and did not want to deal with the shipping.