PDA

View Full Version : Car Performance Reduced after pit stop

mouthpiec
03-08-2015, 13:07
Hi,

I in a stage in my career where pit stops are mandatory, but it can be clearly noted that after a pit stop car performance is degraded.
Is this a know problem?

thanks

Mahjik
03-08-2015, 15:51
but it can be clearly noted that after a pit stop car performance is degraded.

Can you specify what is degraded? Do you have less grip?

What car are you driving and what tires are you switching to when doing your pitstop (or are you changing tires)?

mouthpiec
03-08-2015, 17:25
I am using the McLaren MP4-12C GT3, and I am switching to the soft tyres.
Grip significantly degrades and most of the times there is vibration on my wheel

crowtrobot
03-08-2015, 18:51
Verify your tire pressures in the pit strategy. Somehow all of my pit strategies defaulted to 2.x bar of tire pressure, which threw me off in quite a few races.

Grijo
03-08-2015, 19:00
itīs because your tires are flat. The default pit stop strategy is broken, they replace your tires for a flat ones. In menu the pressure is right but donīt work. You have to do a pit strategy, save it and use it when necessary. Known issue.

mouthpiec
03-08-2015, 19:05
oohhh ... infact I use the default pitstop strategy. The pit strategy can be done during the race or it has to be done beforehand ?

Mahjik
03-08-2015, 19:12
oohhh ... infact I use the default pitstop strategy. The pit strategy can be done during the race or it has to be done beforehand ?

It's easier to do it before the race but you can change it during the pitstop.

Grijo
03-08-2015, 19:18

When you are in the pits during warm up or qualify sessions, you have the option to edit pit strategy. When you are in race and enter the pits, open the pits menu, do your strategy and save it with a new name like Mclaren 12c Spa for example. That will work