PDA

View Full Version : Main differences between console and PC versions of game

Photonmonkey
03-08-2015, 14:05
As the title suggests I am finding more and more differences between the console and PC versions of the game, is there a list somewhere of the differences as I would rather know up front what I am missing out on by playing the PS4 version? Thanks

fa-racing
03-08-2015, 15:41
Pc can get patches daily, but doesn't..

madmax2069
03-08-2015, 16:01
You're not really missing out on much between the console vs PC versions.

The PC can get the patch the same day it gets released, the console versions have to wait for Microsoft/SONY to approve of the patch, graphics can be set higher then the console versions and can maintain a higher framerate then consoles (only if the rig you're playing it on is up to the task). And the PC version will work with more wheels then the Console versions (the PS4 does support more wheels then the Xbox one version)

Hlspwn
03-08-2015, 19:58
Main difference is you power on console and play.

I turn on PC, load project cars, but have a steam update, while waiting for that see new shiny graphics drivers, install, then find I have no sound. Spend 5 mins trying to work out why. Link problem to updated GPU drivers. Read up on google. System restore or find old drivers that I deleted 10 minutes ago, because I am efficient like that. System restore over the top, so download old drivers again as its quicker than restoring deleted files. Remove old drivers, reinstall. Actually get to play 30 minutes after i intended to. PC's pain in the ass.

jack1984
03-08-2015, 20:08
The main difference are the sliders. ;) Some sliders on the PS4 increment with 6 (!?) after patch 2.0.

the-D-
03-08-2015, 20:12
Actually why I switched to ps4, couldn't take all the hassle

I turn on PC, load project cars, but have a steam update, while waiting for that see new shiny graphics drivers, install, then find I have no sound. Spend 5 mins trying to work out why. Link problem to updated GPU drivers. Read up on google. System restore or find old drivers that I deleted 10 minutes ago, because I am efficient like that. System restore over the top, so download old drivers again as its quicker than restoring deleted files. Remove old drivers, reinstall. Actually get to play 30 minutes after i intended to. PC's pain in the ass.

KK78
03-08-2015, 20:49
Actually why I switched to ps4, couldn't take all the hassle

Yep me too, long gone are my days of technical frustration and expensive upgrades, I'll happily trade that for less optimisation and graphical enhancements.

I am a technical dunce of course ;)

Hengist
04-08-2015, 00:57
Pc can get patches daily, but doesn't..

lol :)

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 07:51
The pc is MUCH more complicated for sure, it took me 4 hiurs to move my whole setup from one room to another uesterday! And a little surprised when it all worked, lol.

Paulo Ribeiro
04-08-2015, 08:10
The pc is MUCH more complicated for sure, it took me 4 hiurs to move my whole setup from one room to another uesterday! And a little surprised when it all worked, lol.

Damn, you live in a huge castle? :cool:

tankyx
04-08-2015, 08:26

Peasentry is strong in this one. I love how people have so much problems with their PC, blaming the drivers, steam or anything else, when they are the problem almost everytime. If you can't install drivers, use geforce experience OR CCC driver download.

4 Hours ? You drank too much beer before moving your setup ?

---

Main difference between PC and Potato version is the modding support. On PC, you can have an external telemetry, on your pc, or another device.
Obviously, 60 fps is a huge difference.
Various wheels are supported on PC, while on Potato, you have to stick with classical Thrustmaster - Logitech.

Yorkie065
04-08-2015, 08:28
As the title suggests I am finding more and more differences between the console and PC versions of the game, is there a list somewhere of the differences as I would rather know up front what I am missing out on by playing the PS4 version? Thanks

There are 3 main differences between the console version of the game, and the PC version.....well, 4 now that it has released.

1- Wheel Support: There's a lot more wheel support on PC than there is on the two console platforms.
2- Graphics Options: PC has a lot more options that you can adjust, as is the norm with PC games. Obviously they need to be tailored to your system and find your balance between graphical quality and frame rate performance. The PC version can look better (but not by that much), and run with a higher FPS than the consoles.
3- Grid Size: In singleplayer, you can have up to 45 cars on one track on all systems (I believe maybe more for Le-Mans?). For Multiplayer, it's up to 16 players on Xbox One, PS4 and 32-bit PC, and 32 players on 64-bit PC.

Then the latest edition since release.
4- Bugs: PC platform seems a lot more stable in terms of crashes and has fewer bugs than the two console versions. It's obviously not bug free on PC, there are just less because of the extensive testing during development that was done by WMD members. There was testing for the console too, but it was external so it wasn't WMD members, or a direct team from SMS or Namco from what I remember.

Other than that, everything else is the same between the platforms. Same cars, tracks, weather systems and functionality, physics, career etc etc .... you get the idea :)

Chonas
04-08-2015, 08:38
There is 1 main difference between both versions that you didn't mention.

In PC the TT and leaderboard is saved by car and by track, as it should be allways. But in the PS4 version you only have a leaderboard by cathegory, this means that FA FB and FC are all together, and GT3, GT4 and GT5 are together too. For me this makes the TT mode unuseful because it only worth to race with several cars and you cannot compare times between GT5 for example.

This issue is even worse when you try to save your best time. For example, if you run TT mode with, for example, FA and later FC cars, it is supposed that the best time for both cars are storaged on the cloud, until now everything is ok. But then you go out and start a single race or a practice race with FC cars, what was my surprise when I saw that my recorded time shown in the HUD was the time I did with the FA because it was faster!! So it show you not your better time with the car you are driving, but the better time you made in that general cathegory.

This is for me the main difference in both platforms, basically in PS4 you don't have a usuful TT mode, and you cannot compare your TT best time while you are driving. Don't you thing this is a huge lack?

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 09:24
Damn, you live in a huge castle? :cool:

Wish i did:) literally moved it 25 feet:) cannot believe how many wires and screws and connections! Taken me 3 months to build lol.

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 09:32
Peasentry is strong in this one. I love how people have so much problems with their PC, blaming the drivers, steam or anything else, when they are the problem almost everytime. If you can't install drivers, use geforce experience OR CCC driver download.

4 Hours ? You drank too much beer before moving your setup ?

---

Main difference between PC and Potato version is the modding support. On PC, you can have an external telemetry, on your pc, or another device.
Obviously, 60 fps is a huge difference.
Various wheels are supported on PC, while on Potato, you have to stick with classical Thrustmaster - Logitech.

Nope, i had driven to Somerset and back:), but it just took 4 hours to dissasemble and reassemble.

maurice-pascale
04-08-2015, 09:38
It is annoying that the PC load screens aare much faster then on console.....when i start a race, it needs almost over 1 minute to load.....its absolute annoying, because i saw someone played on PC and for him it needed just 5-10 seconds for the loading screen........and also the consoles sound like a microwave when i play the game......

Invincible
04-08-2015, 09:40
It is annoying that the PC load screens aare much faster then on console.....when i start a race, it needs almost over 1 minute to load.....its absolute annoying, because i saw someone played on PC and for him it needed just 5-10 seconds for the loading screen........and also the consoles sound like a microwave when i play the game......

Replace the HDD with an SSD and your loading times will drop significantly.

MysterG
04-08-2015, 09:40
Nope, i had driven to Somerset and back:), but it just took 4 hours to dissasemble and reassemble.

So cider not beer :barbershop_quartet_

Fong74
04-08-2015, 09:48
Peasentry is strong in this one. I love how people have so much problems with their PC, blaming the drivers, steam or anything else, when they are the problem almost everytime.
[...]

Its good to realise that most ppl dont even get to recognise that they are the problem? :o If you do not have technical interests, hence skills and experiences, a PC can become a black hole and frustrate more than it grants you entertainment. Thats my experience with users that have no IT- or PC-background. The system runs fine for weeks or months and suddenly, by some Windows-update or any other change performed by some automated install routine, the thing gets an issue. For you and me, no problem. Some investigation, internet research, off we go resolving the problem. Of course the time and effort aspect is still present, even if you are able to help yourself.... Thats completely different on consoles and that is what the ppl appreciate on those platforms.

Me, I used PCs extensively for many years, tuned them, overclocked them, all that stuff... Now I am playing on consoles only. The PS4 version of pCars ist a blast for me as I can use my Fanatec gear finally and race with 60 FPS constantly.

I think every one should use the version that suits him best in terms of time, effort and costs that can be invested. In the end, its only our hobby and everyone should decide for himself if maintaining the system hostig your favourite title is part of it or not :angel:

Yorkie listed all relevant technical differences imo. The most relevant from my end would be the graphics. PC-build really looks better....if you have the right HW, especially a powerful graphics card, which costs almost as much as two PS4s. So the financial aspect could also be named if we talk about differences between the platforms.

thrasherxxx
04-08-2015, 10:09
pc for playing? no thanks :)

maurice-pascale
04-08-2015, 10:12
Replace the HDD with an SSD and your loading times will drop significantly.

Sry, but what means HDD SSD ?

JayBee
04-08-2015, 10:15
Sry, but what means HDD SSD ?

hdd = HardDiskDrive
ssd = SolidStateDisk

maurice-pascale
04-08-2015, 10:18
But i am on ps4, how can i change that, or is this just for PC? Didnt know much about this

hoodi4cars
04-08-2015, 10:20
HDD = Hard Drive Disc. This is what you know as your hard drive, it has been around for decades, they are rotatable magnectic discs with a cylindar head that moves radially around the disc to read or write the sectors
SSD = Solid State Drive, the new generation of hard drives. They don't have magnetic discs and cylinders but consists of flash memory (just like a USB stick for instance). They are more robust (no mechanical parts that can break), and above all, way better in read/write throughput. So with a game installed on an SSD you can cut down loading times in most cases quite noticeable.

edit: Oh, I don't know if PS4 supports SSD. Probably not.

Fong74
04-08-2015, 10:21
You can change this. Have a look here:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Replace_a_PS4_Hard_Drive

JayBee
04-08-2015, 10:22
But i am on ps4, how can i change that, or is this just for PC? Didnt know much about this

I don't really know what can be done about this with a PS4.
I think replacing a harddisk is for pc only... I think Invincible thought you were using a PC

xxTheGoDxx
04-08-2015, 10:24
As the title suggests I am finding more and more differences between the console and PC versions of the game, is there a list somewhere of the differences as I would rather know up front what I am missing out on by playing the PS4 version? ThanksGame is cheaper on PC (I paid half the price of the PS4 limited edition for mine), has better graphics on a gaming rig (that doesn't mean you need a +1000 Dollar PC), even if you low on performance you can decide on your own what compromise to make (rock stable framerate, perfect anti aliasing / resolution or high/max settings), enhance / individualize your graphics even more with Reshade/SweetFX, you get patches normally faster, can return the game if bought via Steam with in two hours game time, can use third party tools to display hud on your tablet and / or record telemetry, use all wheels w/o artifical cash crab incompatibilities, use Track IR/EDTracker/Smartphone on your head for immersive head tracking, play on the Oculus Rift for immersive VR, car mods, shareable FFB configs...

maurice-pascale
04-08-2015, 10:26
You can change this. Have a look here:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Replace_a_PS4_Hard_Drive

Thx for the tip, but means this i must buy a new hard drive or something like that?...never know i can do something like that for ps4

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 10:27
So cider not beer :barbershop_quartet_

I parked next to a massive Cider delivery vehicle at the services, would have been nice to transfer a pallet or two, lol. 9 hours stuck in a car and I rushed back to play with my virtual car, lol, oh dear:)

KK78
04-08-2015, 10:33
Game is cheaper on PC (I paid half the price of the PS4 limited edition for mine), has better graphics on a gaming rig (that doesn't mean you need a +1000 Dollar PC), even if you low on performance you can decide on your own what compromise to make (rock stable framerate, perfect anti aliasing / resolution or high/max settings), enhance / individualize your graphics even more with Reshade/SweetFX, you get patches normally faster, can return the game if bought via Steam with in two hours game time, can use third party tools to display hud on your tablet and / or record telemetry, use all wheels w/o artifical cash crab incompatibilities, use Track IR/EDTracker/Smartphone on your head for immersive head tracking, play on the Oculus Rift for immersive VR, car mods, shareable FFB configs...

So all wonderful then? Except the system costs 2-3 maybe 4 times that of a PS4.

Fong74
04-08-2015, 10:37
Thx for the tip, but means this i must buy a new hard drive or something like that?...never know i can do something like that for ps4

Exactly. You buy a SSD for example (could be a HDD, too of course, maybe a larger one) and build it in like explained. I know some guys who have done so and they have no issues at all. So, yes, it can be done.

hoodi4cars
04-08-2015, 10:37
@TO If this thread is about you finding out whether to switch from Console to PC, then do it.

There are only two reasons I know of where I would recommend the console over the PC:
1) If you are not really a gamer but just a sports fan that wants to play just one game (latest Fifa, PRo evolution, NBK or whatever). I know some people like that. For them a PC wouldn't be worth it, they just get the console and their one game and hook it up in 1 minute and that's it. But again, they are not what I consider "gamer".
2) If you are just too lazy to learn a bit about PCs

There are no other reasons for a console. It's NOT cheaper. The hardware is a cheaper than a PC with the same gaming power, yeah (mainly because console games are highly optimzed on the console specifics and run better on it than on a PC with a similar hardware). But the games, dude. They cost a fortune, and they barely drop in price. On PC you can get downlaod keys for brand new games for a tiny part of the console price. So as soon as you get about 8-10 games, you spent the same money. And imo the price of a console isn't worht it if you don't even get 10 games for the platform. So you spend the same money on a PC but have DOUZANDS of advantages with it. If you are interested, I can elaborate more. But summary is, consoles had their advantages in the early days because it was just a different gaming experience, chillin' on the coach playing on your big TV. But I play every game on my TV too with a wireless pad via PC. Consolos now are just low performance PC's with many additional options not available to you.

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 10:44
So all wonderful then? Except the system costs 2-3 maybe 4 times that of a PS4.

A lot more than that probably. If I ignore all the extra costs of tying to do it cheaper then trading in/selling to get where I am now, just my PC alone, without all of the accompanying simvibe, etc. stuff is >1400 without monitors, rift, controllers etc. Actually I've stopped adding it up, scary.

Fong74
04-08-2015, 10:52
@TO If this thread is about you finding out whether to switch from Console to PC, then do it.

There are only two reasons I know of where I would recommend the console over the PC:
1) If you are not really a gamer but just a sports fan that wants to play just one game (latest Fifa, PRo evolution, NBK or whatever). I know some people like that. For them a PC wouldn't be worth it, they just get the console and their one game and hook it up in 1 minute and that's it. But again, they are not what I consider "gamer".

There are no other reasons for a console. It's NOT cheaper. The hardware is a cheaper than a PC with the same gaming power, yeah (mainly because console games are highly optimzed on the console specifics and run better on it than on a PC with a similar hardware). But the games, dude. They cost a fortune, and they barely drop in price. On PC you can get downlaod keys for brand new games for a tiny part of the console price. So as soon as you get about 8-10 games, you spent the same money. And imo the price of a console isn't worht it if you don't even get 10 games for the platform. So you spend the same money on a PC but have DOUZANDS of advantages with it. If you are interested, I can elaborate more. But summary is, consoles had their advantages in the early days because it was just a different gaming experience, chillin' on the coach playing on your big TV. But I play every game on my TV too with a wireless pad via PC. Consolos now are just low performance PC's with many additional options not available to you.

I disaggree in all aspects. But have it your way. Everyone should balance time, costs and benefits of each platform with his own needs and favours.

Short note on the costs:
pCars is 39€ atm e.g. ;) Thats three months after release. If you hit a GameStop, you will find many used games a few days after their release for a lower price already, especially in bigger cities. Later on price drops surely occur for consoles, too. I almost never buy games beyond the 30€ margin....but I can wait. If you want everything shortly after release, you are right. Its more expensive than PC titles.

Nevertheless, dont want to start another PC vs Console discussion. Im through with that kind of stuff. Everyone as he likes

KK78
04-08-2015, 10:53
A lot more than that probably. If I ignore all the extra costs of tying to do it cheaper then trading in/selling to get where I am now, just my PC alone, without all of the accompanying simvibe, etc. stuff is >1400 without monitors, rift, controllers etc. Actually I've stopped adding it up, scary.

Yep, I got to spending about 1500 over 18 months or so and had to stop, then because I'll not technically great and lack patience I quickly tired of upgrading all and sundry and flogged the lot and got an XOne and PS4 with plenty of change left over. PC gaming is as much of a technical art as it is a gaming platform to me and I'm just not patient or savvy to do it anymore.

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 10:57
Yep, I got to spending about 1500 over 18 months or so and had to stop, then because I'll not technically great and lack patience I quickly tired of upgrading all and sundry and flogged the lot and got an XOne and PS4 with plenty of change left over. PC gaming is as much of a technical art as it is a gaming platform to me and I'm just not patient or savvy to do it anymore.

I enjoy that and the testing and improving as much as the gaming, so for me it is worth it. What really I enjoy with the PC is all the extra things I can do, The Rift, the Sim Commander/sim vibe, the range of wheels and controllers I can try and choose from. switching between the Rift and triple monitors, etc. But if you are mainly a gamer then that will just all be drudgery and complication. If I stopped with the PC I would definitely go to PS4, which is quite sad after being an xbox user from day one. I think, possibly, that if I had a PS4 when P cars came out I would never have got back into PC gaming, I would be a lot better off, lol.

KK78
04-08-2015, 11:02
I enjoy that and the testing and improving as much as the gaming, so for me it is worth it. What really I enjoy with the PC is all the extra things I can do, The Rift, the Sim Commander/sim vibe, the range of wheels and controllers I can try and choose from. switching between the Rift and triple monitors, etc. But if you are mainly a gamer then that will just all be drudgery and complication. If I stopped with the PC I would definitely go to PS4, which is quite sad after being an xbox user from day one. I think, possibly, that if I had a PS4 when P cars came out I would never have got back into PC gaming, I would be a lot better off, lol.

True, I do appreciate that PC gaming offers much more choice and options but as I've got older I just want simplicity and stuff to work from the off (which is still a struggle when Ubisoft are making the games :)) Same for me too, I probably spend 80% of my time on the PS4 having been an Xbox 360 stalwart last generation.

maurice-pascale
04-08-2015, 11:05
Exactly. You buy a SSD for example (could be a HDD, too of course, maybe a larger one) and build it in like explained. I know some guys who have done so and they have no issues at all. So, yes, it can be done.

Ok cool, thanks for the help :)

jack1984
04-08-2015, 11:11

I've got plenty of other reasons, like: Bloodborne, Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, Gran Turismo 7, The Last of Us, Uncharted 4 and so on... On which pc I can play those games? :p Not to mention waiting 100 years for a decent pc port of GTA 5 (and probably 6) or Batman Arkham Knight.

KK78
04-08-2015, 11:16

Most inaccurate and biased post ever, but hey man stoked you are having fun.;):D

Invincible
04-08-2015, 11:19
I don't really know what can be done about this with a PS4.
I think replacing a harddisk is for pc only... I think Invincible thought you were using a PC

No, I thought he has a PS4. And it is possible to swap the Hard disk drive for a solid state drive. I've already done that with my PS4 and before that I upgraded my PS3 with a 250 GB SSD.

Only thing to consider is: maximum height for the SSD to fit into a PS4 is 9,5 mm and of course 2,5" standard size.

JayBee
04-08-2015, 11:28
No, I thought he has a PS4. And it is possible to swap the Hard disk drive for a solid state drive. I've already done that with my PS4 and before that I upgraded my PS3 with a 250 GB SSD.

Only thing to consider is: maximum height for the SSD to fit into a PS4 is 9,5 mm and of course 2,5" standard size.

ah..thanks for the update... I didn't know that...

tankyx
04-08-2015, 12:17
Ok, so :

There is NO, like NOT AT ALL, reasons to have a console over a PC. People claiming that a console is better in terms of gaming just don't now anything about PC, and gaming in general.

Some relevant article for you (https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide)

Gaming on console is expensive, 70€ the game (no discount) compared to 35 - 40€ on PC. TV are horrible when it comes to play. Console can only handle 30fps most of the time, when PC can easily do 60, 120 or 144 (depending of your rig and monitor).

When you have no idea of what you are talking about, you should not talk, because you look quite dumb. Sorry :(

I've got plenty of other reasons, like: Bloodborne, Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, Gran Turismo 7, The Last of Us, Uncharted 4 and so on... On which pc I can play those games? :p Not too mention waiting 100 years for a decent pc port of GTA 5 (and probably 6) or Batman Arkham Knight.

Bloodborne = Dark Souls. And you have like 10 - 20 exclusive, PS4 and X1 combined (and a lot of them are going to be ported on pc). Compared to the tons of exclusives you have on PC ...

I dont get why people are still buying console. It is overall more expensive and less enjoyable.

MysterG
04-08-2015, 12:22
Ok, so :

There is NO, like NOT AT ALL, reasons to have a console over a PC. People claiming that a console is better in terms of gaming just don't now anything about PC, and gaming in general.

Some relevant article for you (https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide)

Gaming on console is expensive, 70€ the game (no discount) compared to 35 - 40€ on PC. TV are horrible when it comes to play. Console can only handle 30fps most of the time, when PC can easily do 60, 120 or 144 (depending of your rig and monitor).

When you have no idea of what you are talking about, you should not talk, because you look quite dumb. Sorry :(

Less of the insults please.

Your opinion is just that. You can put stuff in CAPITALS if you want but it does not make it true.

KK78
04-08-2015, 12:28

I'd start taking your own advice on board.

tankyx
04-08-2015, 12:28
Less of the insults please.

Your opinion is just that. You can put stuff in CAPITALS if you want but it does not make it true.

I have been really soft. Reading the non-sense trash about the cost of a PC on this thread just made me cringe really hard.
And actually, it is true. Capitals or not, but as they seems to be blind, capitals can help them to understand. Maybe.

I'd start taking your own advice on board.

There is no need of that. Read the article I've posted, maybe it will help you to get more informed about PC gaming.

MysterG
04-08-2015, 12:31
I have been really soft. Reading the non-sense trash about the cost of a PC on this thread just made me cringe really hard.
And actually, it is true. Capitals or not, but as they seems to be blind, capitals can help them to understand. Maybe.

There is no need of that. Read the article I've posted, maybe it will help you to get more informed about PC gaming.

If you can't post without insulting people, then it's best not to post at all.

bodyshop
04-08-2015, 12:38
Main differences between console and PC versions of game??

Well main difference judging by the 'show us your rig' thread is console players have better lounges....... all PC set ups appear to be in dingy basements or 1970's lounges..... some folks need to get some priorities they spend fortunes on PC gaming but have cheap everything else... console players aren't like this in general....;)

rams1de
04-08-2015, 12:41
Main differences between console and PC versions of game??

Well main difference judging by the 'show us your rig' thread is console players have better lounges....... all PC set ups appear to be in dingy basements or 1970's lounges..... some folks need to get some priorities they spend fortunes on PC gaming but have cheap everything else... console players aren't like this in general....;)

Oh I say. Isn't there an embargo on fishing round here?

KK78
04-08-2015, 12:42

Two words: incredibly biased

tankyx
04-08-2015, 12:44
If you can't post without insulting people, then it's best not to post at all.

Calling them "dumb" is not an insult, in comparison of what they deserved to be called.

Buying a console is favoriting a system that Sony and Microsoft have created. Console gaming was great, but now, it is killing the gaming pleasure.
Because of the number of people playing console, developers can't be innovative anymore, because of the console technical limitations.
Console gaming is keeping our standards low, forcing studios to focus on AAA games with generic and automised gameplay.

We were talking about The Last of Us and Uncharted. Uncharted is what ? Just a tomb raider with a dude.
The last of Us ? A great game. But is gaming a matter a following a scenario, without interacting on it ? If yes, I prefer watching a film. Imagine only once, if this game was done without the limitation of the console.
It would had been one of the greatest game ever.

Ah, and the paid mods of minecraft on console. I lol'd so hard at this.

Two words: incredibly biased

I guess you are unfortunatly too formated to understand what gaming is. If you can't get why console gaming is the cancer of the gaming experience, I can't do anything for you.

MysterG
04-08-2015, 12:49
Calling them "dumb" is not an insult, in comparison of what they deserved to be called.

Buying a console is favoriting a system that Sony and Microsoft have created. Console gaming was great, but now, it is killing the gaming pleasure.
Because of the number of people playing console, developers can't be innovative anymore, because of the console technical limitations.
Console gaming is keeping our standards low, forcing studios to focus on AAA games with generic and automised gameplay.

We were talking about The Last of Us and Uncharted. Uncharted is what ? Just a tomb raider with a dude.
The last of Us ? A great game. But is gaming a matter a following a scenario, without interacting on it ? If yes, I prefer watching a film. Imagine only once, if this game was done without the limitation of the console.
It would had been one of the greatest game ever.

Ah, and the paid mods of minecraft on console. I lol'd so hard at this.

I guess you are unfortunatly too formated to understand what gaming is. If you can't get why console gaming is the cancer of the gaming experience, I can't do anything for you.

I asked you nicely.
Final warning. Stop inciting arguments.

tankyx
04-08-2015, 12:50
I asked you nicely.
Final warning. Stop inciting arguments.

Sorry for talking and debating on a forum. Kappa.

MysterG
04-08-2015, 12:55

Have some time out.
When you return I hope you can talk and debate without insulting people, and justifying it as no better than they deserve for choosing a console.

Bealdor
04-08-2015, 12:55

Insulting other forum members because they're having a different opinion does not add anything to the discussion and it certainly doesn't strengthen your arguments.

Is it really this hard to refrain from using insulting language?

Edit: G'd

KK78
04-08-2015, 12:56

I spent 20 years PC gaming & console gaming and I can comprehensively confirm you are unable to offer a balanced view and therefore are entirely incapable of a decent conversation.

Goodbye.

JayBee
04-08-2015, 13:06
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

hoodi4cars
04-08-2015, 13:07
I don't want to start an argument PC vs console either, just wanted to drop my recommendation to the TO. If you disagree, it's fine. But calling me "biased" is not correct. I've owned PS3, PS4 and Xbox One. So it's not a "bias" it's just what I experienced. And in this experience that I had, all I said has been a fact, to me. I just shared this. If you have another experience, it's okay

PS: And yeah I forgot about the argument with the exclusive titles. So there are actually 3 reasons for a console. IMO!

jack1984
04-08-2015, 13:18
Ok, so :

Bloodborne = Dark Souls. And you have like 10 - 20 exclusive, PS4 and X1 combined (and a lot of them are going to be ported on pc). Compared to the tons of exclusives you have on PC ...

I dont get why people are still buying console. It is overall more expensive and less enjoyable.

Haha, obviously never played Bloodborne and Dark Souls or at least not figured out the differences between those two. :D

And it is true that PC has tons of exclusives, but I am afraid I can't name one I really want to play. That's of course a matter of taste, because I don't like RTS, FPS or MMO-games. Or do you mean all those indies on Steam? Oh wait...off course I can name one: Assetto Corsa! What? That's one is coming also to the consoles? Nice! ;)

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 13:19
Ok, so :

Gaming on console is expensive, 70 the game (no discount) compared to 35 - 40 on PC. TV are horrible when it comes to play. Console can only handle 30fps most of the time, when PC can easily do 60, 120 or 144 (depending of your rig and monitor).

Lol, dumb compared to you, you haven't even read in context, they were my actual costs for my pc setup in my signature :) do you have the slightest clue what you're talking about? I absolutely guarantee you my IT knowledge is way better than yours from one post.

PC done properly is massively more expensive and equally more rewarding, if that's what you're looking for.

Now back in your hole.

Yorkie065
04-08-2015, 13:38
Can we have this thread locked? As far as I can tell, the OP's questions have been answered in the post and now it's just turning into a console vs PC argument.

Yorkie065
04-08-2015, 13:41
*flips a desk*
Double post! Sorry :p

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 13:43
Can we have this thread locked? As far as I can tell, the OP's questions have been answered in the post and now it's just turning into a console vs PC argument.

You can say that again:)

Shame we can't actually have a normal debate, both have their own merits, all down to what you're looking for from the experience. Think I prefer tinkering to playing, lol.

MysterG
04-08-2015, 13:49
Lol, dumb compared to you, you haven't even read in context, they were my actual costs for my pc setup in my signature :) do you have the slightest clue what you're talking about? I absolutely guarantee you my IT knowledge is way better than yours from one post.

PC done properly is massively more expensive and equally more rewarding, if that's what you're looking for.

Now back in your hole.

I've already dealt with them. No need for you to chime in, it'll just stir things up again.

And closed.