PDA

View Full Version : Is there still an issue with pitsops and tires?

LordDRIFT
03-08-2015, 14:35
Settled in for my first 24hr lemans race piloting a gt3 z4. I setup the car to run on medium slicks. After my first pit stop a little over an hr in - back on the track I noticed my tire temps immediately rising. I thought to myself oh crap did I fit soft slicks by accident. I lowered my pressures on the stop to match my initial setup but don't remember if I ever changed tire type. I didn't get too far before I found the wall and lost a wheel. I quit and decided I would give it ago first thing in the am when I wasn't fatigued.

This time I was ready I made sure to edit my pit strategy before the race and fit mediums. I made sure to check I had mediums fitted on my first pit stop. Same crap happens when I rejoin the race. temps climb quickly and before you know it my tires are roasting.

What is this?? Is this the pit stop bug? If so , wasn't this fixed in 2.0?

TrevorAustin
03-08-2015, 14:39
I might be wrong, but fairly sure this is for the next big patch.

Fight-Test
03-08-2015, 14:47
its a bit of a rubrics cube to get the pits to work correctly right now. Will be fixed next patch but this will get you through till then.

I use the first one. This will make your pits stop work. Just don't open them on your pit stops.

http://simhqmotorsports.com/setups-pit-strategy-for-project-cars/

LordDRIFT
03-08-2015, 15:19
its a bit of a rubrics cube to get the pits to work correctly right now. Will be fixed next patch but this will get you through till then.

I use the first one. This will make your pits stop work. Just don't open them on your pit stops.

http://simhqmotorsports.com/setups-pit-strategy-for-project-cars/

That's just ridiculous - I always use option 3 (which he's basically saying doesn't work). Based on the article s/m/h wear the same (SIM huh). If that's the case I will just use soft because this is the first I've had this problem and the first I've used a medium tire. . Maybe this was a function of using mediums.

Fong74
03-08-2015, 15:30
You can do ca 1,5h with softs atm in a GT3 or LMP e.g.....

The safest option until the next patch arrives (which should fix pitstops) is:

1. Make sure you only have one single pit strategy object saved
2. Deselect changing tires (NO option)
3. Make sure all options for repair are activated (if you want this to happen)

Pitstops are quite short then. You will not get any issues with tire temperatures/pressures. Your tires will be the same like they were while you entered the pits.

Its a good work-around imo, but you can not do races with weather changes obviously. That has to wait until the patch arrives...

LordDRIFT
03-08-2015, 15:51
You can do ca 1,5h with softs atm in a GT3 or LMP e.g.....

The safest option until the next patch arrives (which should fix pitstops) is:

1. Make sure you only have one single pit strategy object saved
2. Deselect changing tires (NO option)
3. Make sure all options for repair are activated (if you want this to happen)

Pitstops are quite short then. You will not get any issues with tire temperatures/pressures. Your tires will be the same like they were while you entered the pits.

Its a good work-around imo, but you can not do races with weather changes obviously. That has to wait until the patch arrives...

If tire changes are mandatory how can deselect the option to change?

Fight-Test
03-08-2015, 16:56
We have multiple pit stops in our races with tire wear at 2x. No issues with pits if u follow those instructions. I have one strategy that is set to not take tires or gas for races with a mandatory stop. They stop and go real quick. I have about 12 strategys that work fine. Once u make they are set.

Fong74
04-08-2015, 10:17
If tire changes are mandatory how can deselect the option to change?

I never stumbled across that option? Is that some offline/career feature? If its a lobby option Im sure you can deselect it and follow the above steps to get rid of any red/blue tire issues after pitstops...

Blackvault
04-08-2015, 10:32
If your tire temps were raising very rapidly, within half a lap and going red on the HUD, it could have been wets rather than softs. As mentioned the softs can last a stint or so on GT3 cars.

Pete

LordDRIFT
04-08-2015, 12:08
I never stumbled across that option? Is that some offline/career feature? If its a lobby option Im sure you can deselect it and follow the above steps to get rid of any red/blue tire issues after pitstops...

Yep. I only play career right now. In many series tire changes are mandatory

LordDRIFT
04-08-2015, 12:11
If your tire temps were raising very rapidly, within half a lap and going red on the HUD, it could have been wets rather than softs. As mentioned the softs can last a stint or so on GT3 cars.

Pete

I made sure I fitted mediums. They didn't feel like wets either. Wets seem to have a distinct feel to them. Is there a bug where the tire I choose isn't the one fitted?

lazpete
04-08-2015, 12:33
I made sure I fitted mediums. They didn't feel like wets either. Wets seem to have a distinct feel to them. Is there a bug where the tire I choose isn't the one fitted?
Same issues as you, I guess its a tyre pressure bug. its all over the place with different cars.
The pit strat thing needs an overhaul.

Lasse

Flaw3dGenius
04-08-2015, 12:58
Next patch they take out all your fuel when you pitstop.

LordDRIFT
04-08-2015, 13:30
Next patch they take out all your fuel when you pitstop.

:)

rocafella1978
04-08-2015, 14:43

Pete
yeah happens to me for some reason, have entirely identical setup as my buddy, but then withing couple of turns tirs all red hot...never figured why sometimes randomly things go wrong...absolutely riddled by pit stop stuff...
i also have the problem i multiplayer sometimes (happened in dubai, monza, imola, hockenheim and bathurst) that after 15-18 laps, i drive into pits, the jack guy in front of hood just freezes no more movements, and i am then stuck in the pits until I exit the game (happened in multiplayer while all others kept racing and pit stops worked more or less) last time it happened i stayed in there for over 5mins and counting and nothing happened.
another one I have noticed, is you can't set tire pressures right (in pit strategy), either different increments by 0.02 or 0.03...or best of all limited to 1.89 on all 4x tires or 2.00 on all 4x tires.

*** also someone should make sure people understand the FUEL level in pit strategy, it is NOT actually what gets fuel additionally into the tank, it is actually what the total LITERS is going to be at when you come out of your pit stop! not what pit crew puts extra into your tank!!! so on endurance or 45-70lap races, you have to calculate every liter basically, average usage and what lap you come in and what the level of fuel should be and how many liters are remaining in tank, add numbers and add what you need in pit strategy and etc...simply put A MESS of a pit strategy and NOT intuitive at all nor practical ***

all the above happened in GT3 class driving/ testing/ practicing solo, practice mode and multiplayer online in BMW Z4 GT3.

Marrrfooo
04-08-2015, 14:54
Yeah I posted a lengthy one on this about 6 weeks ago and it doesn't seem to have been addressed much from what I can tell. There have been lots of other great tweaks of course, but it seems that as many people race relatively short races they don't come across pit problems and therefore it doesn't seem to get that much talk on the forums.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31919-Pit-Strategies-Pit-Manager-Future-Change-Questions-and-Suggestions

It just doesn't seem very intuitive at present. I'm really looking forward to them fixing it (although what the planned fixes are I'm not certain as I've not been on the forums much for a week or two). Until then dynamic weather races are a largely a no-go.

Fong74
04-08-2015, 14:59
Until then dynamic weather races are a largely a no-go.

I aggree. They are not possible atm. But as far as I read, some of the pitting issues will be adressed by the next patch that has already entered the QA process. Release notes will follow as soon as they become available. Im waiting every day for this to happen tbh :o